PDA

View Full Version : (R) vs (B)

Sycamore62
September 20th, 2016, 03:47 PM
ISUr vs ISUb. Insights? I think we have improved but I think we started pretty far back. It will take a real solid effort to beat the redbirds this week.

TheKingpin28
September 20th, 2016, 03:50 PM
My initial thought was this was going to be about the show Red Vs Blue, but alas, it is not. Still one of my favorite shows.

Thumper 76
September 20th, 2016, 03:56 PM
Looks like a puma

eiu1999
September 20th, 2016, 04:06 PM
Hmmm, I predict redbirds

F'N Hawks
September 20th, 2016, 04:12 PM
ISUr vs ISUb. Insights? I think we have improved but I think we started pretty far back. It will take a real solid effort to beat the redbirds this week.

Who has the bigger weight room with extended hours?

(alright, I am done now)

Twentysix
September 20th, 2016, 04:35 PM
Illinois State is my choice, but by all means beat them. That would be fantastic.

PantherRob82
September 20th, 2016, 04:44 PM
I would think Illinois State, but I am left wondering about them after this past game.

Thumper 76
September 20th, 2016, 04:50 PM
Illinois State is my choice, but by all means beat them. That would be fantastic.

This would be glorious. Redbird fans would be livid.

Redbird007
September 20th, 2016, 10:22 PM
This would be glorious. Redbird fans would be livid.

Redbirds better have washed off the slop from last week. I do not know where this ISU team stands nor which way they are headed in the rankings. We shall see over the next two weeks.

Bisonator
September 21st, 2016, 08:27 AM
I say ISU wins it!:D

REALBird
September 21st, 2016, 01:13 PM
The letdown vs. EIU was disappointing. Never got into any sort of flow that game. It's exactly why I could see the Redbirds finishing 3-8 or 8-3. This team cannot take any weeks off, they don't have that one or two star players who can take over a game. Hopefully they figured that out.

I'd like to see Kolbe run the ball a lot more this weekend. In the pocket he holds on to the ball too long and those sacks are killer when we have to flip the field in the Special Teams game.

Everybody sucked last week, OFF, DEF, ST. Let's try not to suck this week.

Birds win an ugly narrow game:

ISUr 17
ISUb 14

BisonTru
September 24th, 2016, 02:49 PM
Kolbe (Rs starting QB) is not playing. He hurt his shoulder last week but he is in uniform.

Sycamore62
September 24th, 2016, 03:03 PM
Kolbe (Rs starting QB) is not playing. He hurt his shoulder last week but he is in uniform.
They drive down and scored with a wildcat qb. Other qb not so great

Rollbird5
September 24th, 2016, 03:27 PM
The only thing worse than these refs are the announcers, I think my ears are bleeding

Sycamore62
September 24th, 2016, 03:48 PM
The only thing worse than these refs are the announcers, I think my ears are bleeding

I agree, They blew our pass on the sideline and we should have had 2 DPI on passes that would have been 1st down for us

Sycamore62
September 24th, 2016, 04:59 PM
Kolbe is in now

b 27
r 24
856 4th

Sycamore62
September 24th, 2016, 05:11 PM
Sycamores 34
redbirds 24
4:53 4th

Sycamore62
September 24th, 2016, 05:17 PM
INSt 34
ILSt 31

307 4th

Thumper 76
September 24th, 2016, 05:23 PM
Come on Sycs

Twentysix
September 24th, 2016, 05:23 PM
Someone needs to do an mvfc power ranking after this week. R looks weak b looks strong wiu looks great.

TheKingpin28
September 24th, 2016, 05:27 PM
Someone needs to do an mvfc power ranking after this week. R looks weak b looks strong wiu looks great.

If Clenz was the one to do it, I would read it just to watch him rip apart ISUr and watch the redbird fans come flocking to see the world around them burning.

Twentysix
September 24th, 2016, 05:29 PM
Blue beats red 34-31. I bet people still vote isur in the top 15.

Sycamore62
September 24th, 2016, 06:17 PM
I think they went to the #1 QB right before half. They probably would have won had it not been a sack/fumble on their last drive

Schism55
September 24th, 2016, 07:07 PM
Congrats Trees!
No fluke here. Indiana St looked like and played like the better team.

Rollbird5
September 24th, 2016, 07:11 PM
I think they went to the #1 QB right before half. They probably would have won had it not been a sack/fumble on their last drive

Or if he would've played the whole game 🙄

Bisonator
September 24th, 2016, 08:58 PM
I say ISU wins it!:D

Nailed it! xsmiley_wix

Sycamore62
September 24th, 2016, 09:26 PM
Or if he would've played the whole game 
Although the wildcat went right down the field when they did

i do understand the sentiment. Id like to know what we could have done with our started 2 years ago

Twentysix
September 26th, 2016, 03:26 AM
If Clenz was the one to do it, I would read it just to watch him rip apart ISUr and watch the redbird fans come flocking to see the world around them burning.

I see your account is from 2014. In my experience redbird fans don't exist. You have been seeing a 2014-present anomaly where they were kind of good (ok really really good at one point). If they lose a few more games they will almost all entirely disappear.

OSBF
September 26th, 2016, 07:34 AM
I guess having a convicted felon drug dealer in the backfield REALLY does make a team better.

Sycamore62
September 26th, 2016, 08:54 AM
I guess having a convicted felon drug dealer in the backfield REALLY does make a team better.

I still wish we had Antonio Allen as our safety but that didnt work out. and by "still" i mean i wish he would have played at all

Redbird007
September 26th, 2016, 10:30 AM
Could make excuses all day long but the fact remains ISU RED has failed these past two weeks. Many nuggets of optimism (which could be fools gold) to go along with many what ifs and shouda' beens. Top 10 teams win both of these games (or certainly at least one) as I do not believe either Eastern or InSU is a top 10 team. I hope I am wrong on that one but I doubt it. This Redbird team could end up winning only 2 more games or could (highly unlikely) win out. Looking at stats makes me optimistic while also very frustrated. If you look at Kolbe's season stats to date they are strong, but that means nothing given the last two loses. I can't tell you where this team is going. My gut and diminished optimism says this weekend is going to be real ugly for ISU.

PantherRob82
September 26th, 2016, 11:03 AM
I see your account is from 2014. In my experience redbird fans don't exist. You have been seeing a 2014-present anomaly where they were kind of good (ok really really good at one point). If they lose a few more games they will almost all entirely disappear.

I met an ISUr grad this weekend. He didn't even know they beat Northwestern, but couldn't wait to drink with his friends at Homecoming. xlolx

PantherRob82
September 26th, 2016, 11:04 AM
Could make excuses all day long but the fact remains ISU RED has failed these past two weeks. Many nuggets of optimism (which could be fools gold) to go along with many what ifs and shouda' beens. Top 10 teams win both of these games (or certainly at least one) as I do not believe either Eastern or InSU is a top 10 team. I hope I am wrong on that one but I doubt it. This Redbird team could end up winning only 2 more games or could (highly unlikely) win out. Looking at stats makes me optimistic while also very frustrated. If you look at Kolbe's season stats to date they are strong, but that means nothing given the last two loses. I can't tell you where this team is going. My gut and diminished optimism says this weekend is going to be real ugly for ISU.

I think this is a very fair breakdown. I have them in a battle for 5th right now, but it just depends on whether or not they show up for 4 straight quarters. This loss in conference is a tough one.

clenz
September 26th, 2016, 11:20 AM
I met an ISUr grad this weekend. He didn't even know they beat Northwestern, but couldn't wait to drink with his friends at Homecoming. xlolx

We shouldn't laugh. That's 98% of the UNI fan base

Redbird007
September 26th, 2016, 11:32 AM
We shouldn't laugh. That's 98% of the UNI fan base

I am surprised they were going back to homecoming. It shows how schools need to have more than a pure alumni base to make these teams a "go" from an attendance standpoint. Need some local (regional) fan following which is so tough for ISU as they have 6 big ten teams within a 3 hours driving distance along with ND and the hapless/pathetic/sickly/mange looking Chicago Bears. All I got working right now are the CUBS which is sport #4 for me of the big four sports.

Sycamore62
September 26th, 2016, 11:38 AM
We will have at least 15,000 people on the stadium property Saturday. If we got 9,000 in the gates it would be a miracle. if you know the stadium, its basically a stadium with what used to be a golf course around it. We cant even get people to walk 400 yards to the entrance.

IndyTreeFan
September 26th, 2016, 11:52 AM
We will have at least 15,000 people on the stadium property Saturday. If we got 9,000 in the gates it would be a miracle. if you know the stadium, its basically a stadium with what used to be a golf course around it. We cant even get people to walk 400 yards to the entrance.

So sad, but so true...

Thumper 76
September 26th, 2016, 12:02 PM
So sad, but so true...

It really is sad, you guys are managing to get some decent teams together with what looks to be really weak support. I think you guys could be a real force if the team got some backing from the school and the fans.

Redbird007
September 26th, 2016, 12:04 PM

This topic has been touched on many times ie football attendance down and fans leaving early..etc. The world has changed dramatically since 2000 and football (and all sports) needs to change with it. In a world where everything is nearly instantaneous in terms of access to information and access to entertainment sitting idle for 20 minutes at half when you could be sitting with friends watching many other games of interest (all at same time if you in right bar or home) is more appealing (and you can still watch the game you would have gone to). I am attending football games live (been to a big 12, two big 10 and a MVFC home game so far this year) but i must admit I find hanging out with a group of friends watching many games at the same time much more enjoyable. Enough as I am way off topic. Congrats to the Sycamores on their win over the Redbirds.

IndyTreeFan
September 26th, 2016, 12:20 PM
It really is sad, you guys are managing to get some decent teams together with what looks to be really weak support. I think you guys could be a real force if the team got some backing from the school and the fans.

Weak doesn't even begin to describe it...your comment is spot on...

Redbird007
September 26th, 2016, 12:24 PM
I think this is a very fair breakdown. I have them in a battle for 5th right now, but it just depends on whether or not they show up for 4 straight quarters. This loss in conference is a tough one.

If we end up 5th which seems reasonable, I hope that ISU can at least be a spoiler in what is shaping up to be a fun conference battle between WIU, UNI and NDSU.

REALBird
September 26th, 2016, 01:31 PM
I am surprised they were going back to homecoming. It shows how schools need to have more than a pure alumni base to make these teams a "go" from an attendance standpoint. Need some local (regional) fan following which is so tough for ISU as they have 6 big ten teams within a 3 hours driving distance along with ND and the hapless/pathetic/sickly/mange looking Chicago Bears. All I got working right now are the CUBS which is sport #4 for me of the big four sports.

When was the last time you've been to Homecoming? Unfortunately there will be more people outside the stadium than inside. But tickets for HC have been pretty hard to get at Illinois State the last few years for the Family Weekend and Homecoming games.

This year......maybe not so much, or they'll be plenty of people unloading them for cheap once they come back 2-3. But Homecoming has been a major event at ISU for the last 8-9 years. Up until now I honesty thought we may become a football school. Seems we're trying to do our best to undo that as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Blue beats red 34-31. I bet people still vote isur in the top 15.

I don't know why......we stink right now.

REALBird
September 26th, 2016, 01:38 PM

Or maybe they should be able to get off the field on 3rd down. You know what......just remembered who I'm trying to rationalize with here. LOL. (NEXT)

REALBird
September 26th, 2016, 01:40 PM

You should do one Kingpin. I read Clenz's write-up on ISUr prior to the season, was pretty spot on with what I thought about this team. But let's see what you got, maybe he would agree with you and you can save him some work.

clenz
September 26th, 2016, 01:45 PM
My how tones change quick

I'd love to see the justification from anyone voting Illinois State anything south of 10. We're not in the top few in the country yet... still have a lot to prove this year.

But there's not 10 better FCS teams playing better than Illinois State is playing right now.

Yeah it always does.

But I see them with a 17 by their name by a voter. A 17. As in 16 better teams in FCS. Not sure some on here voting actually pay attention. This isn't the metric that's used at the end of the day, but if you're going to offer to vote in a poll.... good lord.

I'd say ISU is a 6 right now.

BisonTru
September 26th, 2016, 01:54 PM
My how tones change quick

I just think that, right now, NDSU, UR and UNI can all make a legit claim to #1 when combing preseason expectations with how the one game each of them has played turned out.

I have zero problem with UNI not being ranked by anyone that doesn't.

I didn't last week and just squeezed them in this week since I had a week to reflect on my initial reactions.

:D

clenz
September 26th, 2016, 01:59 PM
Shut up.

I was hoping no one would comb my posts.

http://i.imgur.com/8Wf1O2J.png

REALBird
September 26th, 2016, 01:59 PM

I'd put it back on the DEF. Get some stops on 3rd down, get off the field.
Run game has been inconsistent, I'd like to see more Moreira and Robinson on 1st and 2nd down, with Towns on 3rd down or in 4 and 5 wide sets.
Need a second and third receiver to step up.
But mostly I see some inconsistencies in the play calling. Losing Beathard hurts in the off-season. Seems like the coaches get a glimpse of what Kolbe can do (last series against NW, and the second half vs. Indiana State). Like to see that game plan mature as the season goes on.

clenz
September 26th, 2016, 02:02 PM
Also, let it be known I purposely set myself up for that.

I knew before I looked for the first post what I was doing.

Redbird007
September 26th, 2016, 02:03 PM
When was the last time you've been to Homecoming?

What does that question have anything to do with anything on this thread? It is like me asking you when was the last time you brushed your teeth.

I would think that anyone who would be driving down to ISU homecoming weekend (they likely have some connection/interest in the football team and/or university) would know that ISU beat Northwestern in football two weeks ago. Conversely if someone does not know that ISU beat Northwestern in football two weeks ago I would find it surprising they are driving down to ISU for homecoming weekend. Call me crazy but that makes sense to me.

REALBird
September 26th, 2016, 02:23 PM
What does that question have anything to do with anything on this thread? It is like me asking you when was the last time you brushed your teeth.

I would think that anyone who would be driving down to ISU homecoming weekend (they likely have some connection/interest in the football team and/or university) would know that ISU beat Northwestern in football two weeks ago. Conversely if someone does not know that ISU beat Northwestern in football two weeks ago I would find it surprising they are driving down to ISU for homecoming weekend. Call me crazy but that makes sense to me.

Like I said....half the people down here won't set foot inside the stadium and don't have any idea we played NW much less beat them. But they will catch up with old friends, drink themselves crazy, eat at the tailgate in one of the lots around the stadium and then retreat to their hotels to sober up and drink some more later.

Don't believe me.....just cruise past the Baseball field after the game is over, you'll see people out there from when the lot opened that morning.

Redbird007
September 26th, 2016, 02:38 PM
Like I said....half the people down here won't set foot inside the stadium and don't have any idea we played NW much less beat them. But they will catch up with old friends, drink themselves crazy, eat at the tailgate in one of the lots around the stadium and then retreat to their hotels to sober up and drink some more later.

Don't believe me.....just cruise past the Baseball field after the game is over, you'll see people out there from when the lot opened that morning.

That is partially due to fact ISU was historically a basketball school and basically gave no resources towards football until this century. ISU has very little alumni following for football and it will take time to build it up. BTW Hard to call ISU even a basketball school given fact we have not made NCAA playoffs for nearly 20 years.

TheKingpin28
September 26th, 2016, 04:53 PM

I lurked around 2012 but finally joined in 2014