PDA

View Full Version : NDSU vs FBS

PantherRob82
September 18th, 2016, 04:44 PM
Who are the next targets on NDSU's schedule?

I think Oregon is 2020. Any other suckers out there?

RootinFerDukes
September 18th, 2016, 04:50 PM
What I want to know more than who NDSU has on the schedule is who knows the AD well enough to hear what schools NDSU has called but not received return calls from? Let us know who's hiding.

TheKingpin28
September 18th, 2016, 04:51 PM

Colorado in 2024

Drblankstare

Who in Christs name would possibly be dumb enough to schedule them. It will take 50 years before any FBS school will touch them.

PantherRob82
What I want to know more than who NDSU has on the schedule is who knows the AD well enough to hear what schools NDSU has called but not received return calls from? Let us know who's hiding.

I don't think FCS teams usually intitiate those calls.

RootinFerDukes
September 18th, 2016, 04:54 PM
I don't think FCS teams usually intitiate those calls.

From reading the ODU beat writer's articles, he would make it seem like their AD was actively seeking scheduling arrangements. He'd say they were calling UVA for years and the calls were never returned.

PantherRob82
September 18th, 2016, 04:59 PM
From reading the ODU beat writer's articles, he would make it seem like their AD was actively seeking scheduling arrangements. He'd say they were calling UVA for years and the calls were never returned.

Seems like that might be a little different with an in-state rival. I assume that was when they were FCS and not FBS?

I can't imagine lower level teams calling the upper tier of the higher level suggesting they should bring them in. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe NDSU, UNI, SDSU, Illinois State etc are ducking the Top midwest D-II schools.

RootinFerDukes
September 18th, 2016, 05:05 PM
Seems like that might be a little different with an in-state rival. I assume that was when they were FCS and not FBS?

I can't imagine lower level teams calling the upper tier of the higher level suggesting they should bring them in. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe NDSU, UNI, SDSU, Illinois State etc are ducking the Top midwest D-II schools.

I just find it hard to believe that no FCS athletic directors make any effort to build relationships with at least regional FBS schools and try to get on some schedules. Our AD recently commented publicly that in addition to the Big 10 rule to not schedule FCS, many schools have shown an unwillingness to not play us due to our success. It at least sounded like he wasn't just sitting in his office hoping that the phone would ring one day.

centennial
September 18th, 2016, 05:15 PM
I just find it hard to believe that no FCS athletic directors make any effort to build relationships with at least regional FBS schools and try to get on some schedules. Our AD recently commented publicly that in addition to the Big 10 rule to not schedule FCS, many schools have shown an unwillingness to not play us due to our success. It at least sounded like he wasn't just sitting in his office hoping that the phone would ring one day.

Take that and multiply by x10. No FBS team wants a piece of NDSU. Wonder if we could go play LSU, or Georgia or Alabama. Even the SEC might not be willing anymore.

PantherRob82
September 18th, 2016, 05:18 PM

Like I said, I understand regionally but North Dakota State makes enough money off of home games that they don't need to call around begging for FBS opponents. I would also argue that saying that teams showing unwillingness could just mean that they don't get very many calls from FBS opponents. And athletic director can be proactive with scheduling without randomly calling every FBS athletic department in the country.

Bisonator
September 18th, 2016, 05:23 PM
Every team in the B12. Can't blame them either. :D

Seriously, those are the teams we'd prefer to play since they are in our recruiting footprint. I know we've had talks with Mizzou as well. We've had to resort to PAC12 schools for the last 2 contracts. MAC and MWC schools don't bring enough to the table.

semobison
September 18th, 2016, 06:42 PM
In the last four FBS wins NDSU has given up roughly 50 ypg rushing. Iowa had what...35.

PantherRob82
September 18th, 2016, 06:43 PM
Every team in the B12. Can't blame them either. :D

Seriously, those are the teams we'd prefer to play since they are in our recruiting footprint. I know we've had talks with Mizzou as well. We've had to resort to PAC12 schools for the last 2 contracts. MAC and MWC schools don't bring enough to the table.

Who is the other game besides Oregon? No one has answered my original question. :)

kdinva
September 18th, 2016, 06:45 PM
Who is the other game besides Oregon? No one has answered my original question. :)

"TheKingpin28" answered.....

TheKingpin28
September 18th, 2016, 06:46 PM
Colorado in 2024

Beat me to it

chattownmocs
September 18th, 2016, 06:47 PM
Kansas is probably available. They fit the mold of who you guys play.

IBleedYellow
September 18th, 2016, 06:55 PM
Jeremy Jorgenson does the majority of our scheduling.

He's on the phones calling other programs working on getting schedules filled, and he has stated on the radio that he's been hung up on schools like Arkansas State, Sun Belt schools, etc.

NDSU calls anyone that they can try and make a game with. Many times those calls aren't answered or voicemails aren't returned.

RabidRabbit
September 18th, 2016, 06:59 PM
Kansas doesn't want to see a top 25 FCS team again. They played Rhode Island, to get their first win. Then KU fans rushed their field!

POD Knows
September 18th, 2016, 07:01 PM

Kansas would beat Chatty.

Thumper 76
September 18th, 2016, 07:06 PM

Jesus. I hate NDSU and all, but good lord you're special. Never thought someone could shove and entire tube of sand up their crotch till I saw you post.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 18th, 2016, 07:07 PM

Gene Taylor (old AD) and the new AD, Matt Larsen, have both said teams have flat out said no to playing NDSU.

PantherRob82
September 18th, 2016, 07:23 PM

How tf did I miss that? Weird.

CommishBigSmooth
September 18th, 2016, 08:01 PM

But NDSU already beat them before, so there's that.

Bison56
September 18th, 2016, 08:39 PM
Your ignorance is showing again.

CappinHard
September 18th, 2016, 11:29 PM

Ignorance? You're implying that he has the ability to not be ignorant. I think he has earned the permanent label of ignorant.

Bisonoline
September 19th, 2016, 12:48 AM

Hes your typical bar fly sitting at the end of the bar trying to impress any or everyone in earshot with his sports knowledge and while doing so all anyone sees is the big L on his forehead. Kind of like here.

Southern Bison
September 19th, 2016, 06:11 AM
Hes your typical bar fly sitting at the end of the bar trying to impress any or everyone in earshot with his sports knowledge and while doing so all anyone sees is the big L on his forehead. Kind of like here.
It's Claventownmocs!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

jimbo65
September 19th, 2016, 07:19 AM
IMO any FBS AD who schedules NDSU should "get a checkup from the neck up".

smilo
September 19th, 2016, 07:41 AM
Gene Taylor (old AD) and the new AD, Matt Larsen, have both said teams have flat out said no to playing NDSU.

That's it, clearly time to join the MAC. Then at least they can't decline when you make the playoff.

RootinFerDukes
September 19th, 2016, 07:54 AM
I just can't believe ESPN and the rest of the media are openly saying that FBS teams should stop scheduling them because they can't beat them. Talk about humbling. Now if only sportscenter could regularly acknowledge that the high end of FCS and low end of FBS aren't really that far apart competitively.

BisonBacker
September 19th, 2016, 08:59 AM
It's Claventownmocs!

I suggest Ursus make that a permanent change to his user name. It Fits. Although Cliff was funny Claventownmocs is just a troll who isn't even funny.

Professor Chaos
September 19th, 2016, 09:04 AM
I did hear an interview that NDSU AD Matt Larsen gave on either Saturday after the game or Sunday and he did say the Bison are looking for an FBS game in 2018. Who knows if they'll find a sucker of an FBS AD to take them up on that though (Stick will be a senior that year btw :D).

The up side of scaring off all the FBS teams is it does give NDSU the flexibility to schedule premier FCS teams for home-and-homes. My guess is they're not even interested in playing an FBS game in 2017 because they're going to Cheney to play EWU. In 2019 they're going to Delaware also but I believe that's a possible 12 game regular season so I suppose there's still a possibility for an FBS game on the schedule that year.

Mr. C
September 19th, 2016, 02:50 PM
I would love to see Appalachian State and North Dakota State get together on a game, since they never did get to meet during ASU's FCS days. ASU was scheduled to play North Carolina Central before getting the home game with Miami last Saturday and has Gardner-Webb on the schedule for 2018 and East Tennessee State on the 2019 and 2024 schedules. I would rather see quality matchups if a Group of 5 team plays an FCS opponent.

Bisonator
September 19th, 2016, 03:05 PM
I would love to see Appalachian State and North Dakota State get together on a game, since they never did get to meet during ASU's FCS days. ASU was scheduled to play North Carolina Central before getting the home game with Miami last Saturday and has Gardner-Webb on the schedule for 2018 and East Tennessee State on the 2019 and 2024 schedules. I would rather see quality matchups if a Group of 5 team plays an FCS opponent.
Tell Appy to buy out the GW game and we will do a H/H with them starting in 2018. They just need to come to Fargo first. :D

NDSUKurt
September 19th, 2016, 09:23 PM
2017 - no FBS game because of the trip to Eastern Washington

2018 - Two teams to watch out for:

Arkansas - They have an open date that matches NDSU 9-8 and 9-22. Supposedly NDSU has called Arkansas 3 times and have been told no every time. (it doesn't surprise me as Arkansas is coached by Brett Bielema, and when he was at Wisconsin, he refused to schedule NDSU even though both schools wanted a game)

Texas Tech - They recently announced some schedule shifting in order to play Ole Miss opening weekend in Houston. (they have to move or buy out of their scheduled game against Missouri State on opening weekend). Supposedly Texas Tech is looking for an FCS game on 9-8, and NDSU could fit that need. http://lubbockonline.com/filed-online/2016-08-22/tech-looking-juggle-2018-schedule-fit-ole-miss-opener#

2019 - lots of options still out there

Schism55
September 19th, 2016, 09:32 PM
NDSU v Arkansas would be mega. 1937 rules apply!

Bisonoline
September 19th, 2016, 09:36 PM
It's Claventownmocs!

xlolxxthumbsupx

dudeitsaid
September 19th, 2016, 11:47 PM
I did hear an interview that NDSU AD Matt Larsen gave on either Saturday after the game or Sunday and he did say the Bison are looking for an FBS game in 2018. Who knows if they'll find a sucker of an FBS AD to take them up on that though (Stick will be a senior that year btw :D).

The up side of scaring off all the FBS teams is it does give NDSU the flexibility to schedule premier FCS teams for home-and-homes. My guess is they're not even interested in playing an FBS game in 2017 because they're going to Cheney to play EWU. In 2019 they're going to Delaware also but I believe that's a possible 12 game regular season so I suppose there's still a possibility for an FBS game on the schedule that year.

Heck, they don't even need to do home and homes with mid-level FCS. They can be the money game for a good number of FCS teams, I would think, LOL, have seven home games a season!

dewey
September 20th, 2016, 07:35 AM
have seven home games a season!

Wait a second we already have 9 home games a season (6 regular season and 3 playoff games...unless you count Frisco as a home game then it is 10:D)

Dewey

AmsterBison
September 20th, 2016, 08:10 AM
If only NDSU could tape some of these calls they make to P5 ADs, it would make some great radio.

Pretty sure that Arkansas has changed their number, filed a restraining order, and now starts every phone call by pretending not to be able to speak English just in case it's NDSU calling.

ST_Lawson
September 20th, 2016, 08:29 AM
If only NDSU could tape some of these calls they make to P5 ADs, it would make some great radio.

Pretty sure that Arkansas has changed their number, filed a restraining order, and now starts every phone call by pretending not to be able to speak English just in case it's NDSU calling.

No hablo dakota-eese. Por favor tome su bisonte en otros lugares.

JacksFan40
September 20th, 2016, 10:09 AM
I kind of want to see NDSU play Alabama or any of the true top teams in the nation, Louisville, Ohio State, Houston etc.

Twentysix
September 20th, 2016, 10:14 AM
I kind of want to see NDSU play Alabama or any of the true top teams in the nation, Louisville, Ohio State, Houston etc.

Dont kid yourself, the second NDSU plays Houston or Louisville they will be marked as garbage teams.

thebootfitter
September 20th, 2016, 10:21 AM
Dont kid yourself, the second NDSU plays Houston or Louisville they will be marked as garbage teams.
Even if the Bison don't win (which is likely to be the case), they would likely keep it "respectable." which means that the premier team would still be marked as garbage because they were supposed to be premier but couldn't blow out an FCS team.

That being said, I would also like to see NDSU play a real "premier" team. Like top 5. I suppose we have a chance in 2020 if Oregon is on the upswing.

ST_Lawson
September 20th, 2016, 01:59 PM
That being said, I would also like to see NDSU play a real "premier" team. Like top 5. I suppose we have a chance in 2020 if Oregon is on the upswing.

Probably depends on which former Big Sky QB they have running the offense at that point....maybe Cookus (or would he be out of eligibility by then)?

BisonFan02
September 20th, 2016, 02:06 PM
NDSU v Arkansas would be mega. 1937 rules apply!

Geddy Lee....best bass player ever.

Bison56
September 20th, 2016, 04:20 PM

^This

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 21st, 2016, 06:43 AM
Even if the Bison don't win (which is likely to be the case), they would likely keep it "respectable." which means that the premier team would still be marked as garbage because they were supposed to be premier but couldn't blow out an FCS team.

2020 is a long ways off but I suspect Oregon will still be a finesse spread team that isn't tough physically. If Coach K is still here or someone running the same system I believe NDSU can play with them and even beat them.

POD Knows
September 21st, 2016, 07:38 AM

WTF xconfusedx

Bisonator
September 21st, 2016, 07:50 AM
2020 is a long ways off but I suspect Oregon will still be a finesse spread team that isn't tough physically. If Coach K is still here or someone running the same system I believe NDSU can play with them and even beat them.
I hope our secondary is playing better by then. xthumbsupx

Bison56
September 21st, 2016, 08:44 AM
WTF xconfusedx

I personally have always liked John Entwistle

geaux_sioux
September 21st, 2016, 08:56 AM
Play my LSU Tigers. It's the best stadium in all of football and would be one hell of a test.

caribbeanhen
September 21st, 2016, 09:07 AM
Been saying something weird is going on in Fargo for 5 years now, well maybe 3
been saying that North Dak State is no FCS Team
been saying that North Dak state is easily a top 40 FBS team for 3 years
been saying you can make a strong case that North Dakota State is top 25 FBS for 3 years

despite all the evidence, the Bison fan base either ignored, downplayed or just didn't believe it themselves.....

ST_Lawson
September 21st, 2016, 09:10 AM
Play my LSU Tigers. It's the best stadium in all of football and would be one hell of a test.

We did that once, back in '03 (an LSU championship year with Saban at the helm). Beat (technically FBS....I guess) Eastern Michigan by 22 and then went down to LSU and stayed competitive with them for a good portion of the game. At one point early in the second half, we were only down by 6 points. LSU did end up winning by 28 eventually.

We were really good in '02 and '03, but the Bison have been better. It would really cool to see NDSU stay with LSU through the game.

IBleedYellow
September 21st, 2016, 09:34 AM
been saying you can make a strong case that North Dakota State is top 25 FBS for 3 years

despite all the evidence, the Bison fan base either ignored, downplayed or just didn't believe it themselves.....

We can't do anything about it.

caribbeanhen
September 21st, 2016, 10:23 AM
We can't do anything about it.

true, I guess that means we're stuck with you and no plans of moving along where you belong ......

Jacksonville State had a real good team last year and the way you destroyed them tells me you could of played with Alabama last year

dewey
September 21st, 2016, 10:57 AM
true, I guess that means we're stuck with you and no plans of moving along where you belong ......

Jacksonville State had a real good team last year and the way you destroyed them tells me you could of played with Alabama last year

I like the idea of being in the second level of football whether it is the FCS, current levels, or if/when the P5 breaks away what happens and the FCS joins the G5. Having a chance to win a national championship every year is far better than some crap bowl game that no attends.

Dewey

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 21st, 2016, 11:07 AM
I hope our secondary is playing better by then. xthumbsupx

For sure against a spread team like Oregon.

centennial
September 21st, 2016, 11:22 AM

Hate to tell you, it'll probably get worst. With FCOA and all the notoriety we are regularly beating the MAC, and even MW in recruiting. We don't even care about the stars, most of our best commits are camp stand outs. With the Carson Wentz train I can't think of many G5 schools outside of Houston, or Boise that get more TV time than us.

Thumper 76
September 21st, 2016, 11:27 AM

This is the biggest crybaby attitude I've ever seen in my life. Holy crap, I can't even wrap my mind around it, how do you make it in life?

Bison56
September 21st, 2016, 11:41 AM
This is the biggest crybaby attitude I've ever seen in my life. Holy crap, I can't even wrap my mind around it, how do you make it in life?

Agreed, it is the attitude of today, don't better yourself, just hope the others go away.

caribbeanhen
September 21st, 2016, 11:45 AM

walked out on college for starters..... I knew the whimpering would start somewhere when it is suggested that North Dakota State go play with the big boys.... boo hoo..

caribbeanhen
September 21st, 2016, 11:46 AM
Agreed, it is the attitude of today, don't better yourself, just hope the others go away.

exactly the course that the Fargo team has chosen Archie

caribbeanhen
September 21st, 2016, 11:47 AM

right here, didn't take long

caribbeanhen
September 21st, 2016, 11:49 AM
Hate to tell you, it'll probably get worst.

I have no doubt that it will.....

jacksfan29
September 21st, 2016, 11:59 AM
2017 - no FBS game because of the trip to Eastern Washington

2018 - Two teams to watch out for:

Arkansas - They have an open date that matches NDSU 9-8 and 9-22. Supposedly NDSU has called Arkansas 3 times and have been told no every time. (it doesn't surprise me as Arkansas is coached by Brett Bielema, and when he was at Wisconsin, he refused to schedule NDSU even though both schools wanted a game)

Texas Tech - They recently announced some schedule shifting in order to play Ole Miss opening weekend in Houston. (they have to move or buy out of their scheduled game against Missouri State on opening weekend). Supposedly Texas Tech is looking for an FCS game on 9-8, and NDSU could fit that need. http://lubbockonline.com/filed-online/2016-08-22/tech-looking-juggle-2018-schedule-fit-ole-miss-opener#

2019 - lots of options still out there\

I can't imagine Arkansas saying yes, Texas Tech I could see.

As for your home and home with Delaware. I hope you have a solid buy out in the contract. I would be shocked to see them show up in Fargo.

Thumper 76
September 21st, 2016, 12:21 PM
walked out on college for starters..... I knew the whimpering would start somewhere when it is suggested that North Dakota State go play with the big boys.... boo hoo..

You know you're the one who was whimpering and complaining that they were FCS right?

Silenoz
September 21st, 2016, 12:26 PM
Hate to tell you, it'll probably get worst. With FCOA and all the notoriety we are regularly beating the MAC, and even MW in recruiting. We don't even care about the stars, most of our best commits are camp stand outs. With the Carson Wentz train I can't think of many G5 schools outside of Houston, or Boise that get more TV time than us.
Probably true. You guys are going to be bored when that 10th straight rolls around

UM ain't doing any sort of stipend so someone else who can actually get out of their own way needs to rise up to challenge you. Won't happen though.

Bisonoline
September 21st, 2016, 12:32 PM

How did you arrive at this conclusion?

BisonFan02
September 21st, 2016, 12:32 PM
^This

WTF xconfusedx

Schism will get it....... xlolx

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 21st, 2016, 12:33 PM

Tell Appy to buy out the GW game and we will do a H/H with them starting in 2018. They just need to come to Fargo first. :D

I brought up the idea on our board of giving a home and home to NDSU and was pretty much unanimously shot down.

I guess there's something wrong with playing a good non-conference opponent to help the strength of schedule and who fans will show up for and isn't too chicken to play you unlike a lot of Conference USA and the AAC.

POD Knows
September 21st, 2016, 12:43 PM

So you have to be stoned to the beejeezus to get it. xdrunkyx

Schism55
September 21st, 2016, 12:46 PM
I don't want to sound like a queer or nothing.....:D

X-Factor
September 21st, 2016, 12:52 PM
\

I can't imagine Arkansas saying yes, Texas Tech I could see.

As for your home and home with Delaware. I hope you have a solid buy out in the contract. I would be shocked to see them show up in Fargo.

Didnt Delaware travel to SDSU as the back end of a 2 for 1? Delaware is showing up in Fargo first, and I know the buyouts have gone up alot.....ever since the bobcats chickened out. So as long as Delaware doesn't leave it to last minute we are OK.

BisonFan02
September 21st, 2016, 12:56 PM
^This

WTF xconfusedx

xlolx

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 21st, 2016, 08:12 PM
exactly the course that the Fargo team has chosen Archie

xrolleyesx

This has been beaten to death, so here we go again. Maybe this will sink in for you.

#1 - NDSU needs a conference to go to. Independent is not an option.

#2 - Money. A lot more of it. No need to continue after this.

Twentysix
September 21st, 2016, 10:42 PM
Didnt Delaware travel to SDSU as the back end of a 2 for 1? Delaware is showing up in Fargo first, and I know the buyouts have gone up alot.....ever since the bobcats chickened out. So as long as Delaware doesn't leave it to last minute we are OK.

I am pretty sure that was a 2 for 1 contract in which only one game was ever played.

Bison56
September 22nd, 2016, 06:42 AM

OK I got it now xlolx

caribbeanhen
September 22nd, 2016, 09:21 AM
I am pretty sure that was a 2 for 1 contract in which only one game was ever played.

I don't know the details but Delaware only played South Dak State in Newark in 2010, one game

caribbeanhen
September 22nd, 2016, 09:25 AM
xrolleyesx

This has been beaten to death, so here we go again. Maybe this will sink in for you.

#1 - NDSU needs a conference to go to. Independent is not an option.

#2 - Money. A lot more of it. No need to continue after this.

The nobody cares thread is already started... the point is North Dakota State vs the rest of FCS is a joke that's not fun anymore...just stay home for the playoffs and the FCS teams can play for second place

POD Knows
September 22nd, 2016, 09:57 AM
The nobody cares thread is already started... the point is North Dakota State vs the rest of FCS is a joke that's not fun anymore...just stay home for the playoffs and the FCS teams can play for second place

Hey dude, NDSU lost two games last year to FBS teams. Anything can happen.

caribbeanhen
September 22nd, 2016, 10:01 AM
Hey dude, NDSU lost two games last year to FBS teams. Anything can happen.

FBS teams? I didn't think they played any last year Biff

Bison56
September 22nd, 2016, 10:06 AM

https://thumbs.dreamstime.com/x/tissue-box-14968328.jpg (https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiZw_rin6PPAhXM4IMKHTpfAxAQjRwIBw&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.dreamstime.com%2Fstock-photo-fabric-plaid-texture-cloth-background-image48622270&psig=AFQjCNHptbSbxWLHk3l2ZoLH1Mv02IgWuQ&ust=1474643076078694)

jacksfan29
September 22nd, 2016, 10:08 AM

Don't recall the terms but we went out to Delaware in 2010, they bought out the trip west.

If you have them coming in first your fine. Maybe they will enjoy the trip and we will see more CAA teams coming our direction. I won't hold my breath.

caribbeanhen
September 22nd, 2016, 10:11 AM
https://thumbs.dreamstime.com/x/tissue-box-14968328.jpg (https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiZw_rin6PPAhXM4IMKHTpfAxAQjRwIBw&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.dreamstime.com%2Fstock-photo-fabric-plaid-texture-cloth-background-image48622270&psig=AFQjCNHptbSbxWLHk3l2ZoLH1Mv02IgWuQ&ust=1474643076078694)

be adventurous and go play for the real National Title, I would love to see you guys play Alabama...... now that would be interesting Mr. Bunker

POD Knows
September 22nd, 2016, 10:12 AM
FBS teams? I didn't think they played any last year Biff

FCS , ****, stupid phone

Sycamore62
September 22nd, 2016, 10:20 AM

Kind of true except that in their last 5 games, 1 was a nut cutter, 2 went to OT, enjoyable win over the most overrated team in FBS history excluding teams with the word "Dame" in their name and 1 game against the OVC so its not like they are steamrolling teams.

BisonTru
September 22nd, 2016, 10:47 AM

You should make some phone calls on our behalf. The big boys aren't answering 701 numbers.

dewey
September 22nd, 2016, 11:33 AM
Here is a post on the Bison Media Blog about what FBS Power 5 teams (excluding the Big Ten) that have openings in the 2018 schedule.

https://www.bisonmediazone.com/the-2018-power-5-options/

Dewey

PantherRob82
September 22nd, 2016, 12:16 PM
Oklahoma would be cool.

tigonian02
September 22nd, 2016, 12:32 PM
Tell Appy to buy out the GW game and we will do a H/H with them starting in 2018. They just need to come to Fargo first. :DDon't think the Sunbelt schedules away games with FCS

Southern Bison
September 22nd, 2016, 12:41 PM
I brought up the idea on our board of giving a home and home to NDSU and was pretty much unanimously shot down.

I guess there's something wrong with playing a good non-conference opponent to help the strength of schedule and who fans will show up for and isn't too chicken to play you unlike a lot of Conference USA and the AAC.
I'm all in! Bison fans will party in Statesboro like it's 2006!

Southern Bison
September 22nd, 2016, 12:50 PM
be adventurous and go play for the real National Title, I would love to see you guys play Alabama...... now that would be interesting Mr. Bunker
Real NC? So you've naively trashed the Hens own title a few years back and you sound like the middle-of-the-pack SEC & ACC fans around the Carolinas that think Wake Forest or Kentucky would destroy the Bison. xlmaox

Every Bison fan on here has told you what our AD & his staff have said...no one will return calls or says "not a chance"

dewey
September 22nd, 2016, 01:33 PM
Oklahoma would be cool.

Agreed. Oklahoma wouldn't be too far out of our recruiting footprint (down to Missouri and Kansas). Florida, Georgia and Florida State would be really cool. IIRC FSU and OU called NDSU before the 2012 season asking about a game and NDSU said thanks but no thanks.

Dewey

Bisonoline
September 22nd, 2016, 01:40 PM
Real NC? So you've naively trashed the Hens own title a few years back and you sound like the middle-of-the-pack SEC & ACC fans around the Carolinas that think Wake Forest or Kentucky would destroy the Bison. xlmaox

Every Bison fan on here has told you what our AD & his staff have said...no one will return calls or says "not a chance"

The tool is on a troll right now. Same crap just a different day.

UNIFanSince1983
September 22nd, 2016, 01:43 PM
Agreed. Oklahoma wouldn't be too far out of our recruiting footprint (down to Missouri and Kansas). Florida, Georgia and Florida State would be really cool. IIRC FSU and OU called NDSU before the 2012 season asking about a game and NDSU said thanks but no thanks.

Dewey

So it isn't just FBS teams turning down NDSU. NDSU is turning down FBS opponents. ;)

Twentysix
September 22nd, 2016, 01:49 PM
So it isn't just FBS teams turning down NDSU. NDSU is turning down FBS opponents. ;)

They wanted us to cancel games. We said no.

UNIFanSince1983
September 22nd, 2016, 01:54 PM
They wanted us to cancel games. We said no.

Turning down is turning down. Nothing wrong with going with schools that are closer or that are more of an opportunity to win. It is what UNI looks for in our FBS games for the most part.

Twentysix
September 22nd, 2016, 01:58 PM
Also it was Pitt and Oklahoma not FSU.

thebootfitter
September 22nd, 2016, 02:28 PM
That was then. This is now. Times changes. Tunes change. :-)

BisonAccountant44
September 22nd, 2016, 02:44 PM
Also it was Pitt and Oklahoma not FSU.
Pitt? I remember a JK article talking about the FSU and OK calls, this is the first I've ever heard of Pitt.

The team I'd love to see us play is Ole Miss. A day in The Grove would be awesome.

caribbeanhen
September 22nd, 2016, 03:05 PM

I compare you to Alabama and this is what I get back.... you sure don't take compliments easy

2003 was 13 years ago, time flies

don't care about what your AD has said, just want to see a good football game, why is it so hard...

Twentysix
September 22nd, 2016, 03:51 PM
Pitt? I remember a JK article talking about the FSU and OK calls, this is the first I've ever heard of Pitt.

The team I'd love to see us play is Ole Miss. A day in The Grove would be awesome.

You and Dewey are right, FSU was involved. Per JK.

Twentysix
September 22nd, 2016, 03:56 PM
http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?26961-Playing-the-FBS&p=600305#post600305

Hammer just said during sports that Oklahoma has called twice and Pittsburgh once about scheduling us this fall. Turned down because we have our FBS game.

Pitt was involved per Dan Hammer.

Hammerhead
September 22nd, 2016, 04:04 PM
I think NDSU said no to some FBS teams since we already had an FBS game scheduled most years and didn't want two.

Twentysix
September 22nd, 2016, 04:07 PM
I think NDSU said no to some FBS teams since we already had an FBS game scheduled most years and didn't want two.

That is what the archives show. It was either @FBS @FBS @UNI or cancel game to buyout FBS team.

Thumper 76
September 22nd, 2016, 05:33 PM
I compare you to Alabama and this is what I get back.... you sure don't take compliments easy

don't care about what your AD has said, just want to see a good football game, why is it so hard...

Or, instead of whining for them to move on, you could follow the track of the Big Sky teams. You know, get better? Instead of a slow slide to the bottom of the **** heap like UD has been doing?

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 22nd, 2016, 06:52 PM

Troll

Bisonoline
September 22nd, 2016, 09:06 PM

Your ignorance is astounding.

caribbeanhen
September 22nd, 2016, 10:43 PM
Your ignorance is astounding.

says the guy who never seems to grasp anything

caribbeanhen
September 22nd, 2016, 10:51 PM
Troll

you were making some progress but I see youve had a relapse, dont worry you still have some time to get it right.

Bisonoline
September 22nd, 2016, 11:10 PM

Again you show your ignorance. But then again why am I not surprised? At least I have a grasp of the challenges of moving up. You? Youre just ignorant.

Twentysix
September 22nd, 2016, 11:33 PM
Again you show your ignorance. But then again why am I not surprised? At least I have a grasp of the challenges of moving up. You? Youre just ignorant.

So we should stop calling it "moving up." We should call it changing sub-divisions.

Moving up suggests that we are currently down or below, and lessor, which is a rather weird take for an FCS specific message board.

There isn't anything based on tangible space that dictates some kind of directional association with any sports of any kind. So there is no inherent reason to use this terminology.

Bisonoline
September 22nd, 2016, 11:37 PM
So we should stop calling it "moving up." We should call it changing sub-divisions.

Moving up suggests that we are currently down or below, and lessor, which is a rather weird take for an FCS specific message board.

I guess that would work for those that have the FCS-red headed step child inferiority complex. xthumbsupx

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 23rd, 2016, 06:17 AM

Having met Bisonoline, he has forgot more about FB than you'll ever know.

Keep trolling Bison threads. You're a legend in your own mind....

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 23rd, 2016, 06:18 AM
you were making some progress but I see youve had a relapse, dont worry you still have some time to get it right.

Keep the troll going....

caribbeanhen
September 23rd, 2016, 07:12 AM
Having met Bisonoline, he has forgot more about FB than you'll ever know.

Keep trolling Bison threads. You're a legend in your own mind....

not talking about football, I thought you understood that by now

by the way, no such thing as Bison threads
right? keep believing that for at least youll believe in something

Thumper 76
September 23rd, 2016, 08:52 AM

Don't you have a thread crying about Puerto Ricos problems and how it's our fault that you need to take care of?

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 23rd, 2016, 09:40 AM

Just like clockwork.

Troll

dewey
September 23rd, 2016, 09:45 AM
Here is a podcast with some UNI beat writers. They discuss FCS vs FBS and other topics. Pretty good stuff.

http://onpressrow.com/test/2016/09/22/on-press-row-92216-presented-by-whiskey-road-tavern-grill/

They also discuss expansion of the Fargodome from current ~19k to 30k. As a structural engineer I would love to see how they plan on doing that.

Dewey

caribbeanhen
September 23rd, 2016, 10:01 AM
Don't you have a thread crying about Puerto Ricos problems and how it's our fault that you need to take care of?

did you learn anything from it? If your a taxpayer you should be the one thats crying!!

PantherRob82
September 23rd, 2016, 11:52 AM
They also discuss expansion of the Fargodome from current ~19k to 30k. As a structural engineer I would love to see how they plan on doing that.

Dewey

Me too. Would they take the Sears or JC Penney off that end of the mall? xlolx

Bisonoline
September 23rd, 2016, 12:03 PM
Here is a podcast with some UNI beat writers. They discuss FCS vs FBS and other topics. Pretty good stuff.

http://onpressrow.com/test/2016/09/22/on-press-row-92216-presented-by-whiskey-road-tavern-grill/

Dewey

Studies have been done and the conclusion is it would be cheaper to scrape it and start over. Problem is the dome is booked for different functions almost all year long. It actually makes money. Any type renovation will cut in to that revenue as well.

Bisonoline
September 23rd, 2016, 12:05 PM
Just like clockwork.

Troll

Thats what he does because he has nothing of value to add to the conversation.

dewey
September 23rd, 2016, 12:26 PM
Studies have been done and the conclusion is it would be cheaper to scrape it and start over. Problem is the dome is booked for different functions almost all year long. It actually makes money. Any type renovation will cut in to that revenue as well.

^^^^This right here. Any major renovation to the Fargodome would impact the venues that are scheduled to be there.

I wonder if the Fargo Forum could do a open records request of the City of Fargo regarding any information on the Fargodome expansion. It would be interesting to see what architects and structural engineers with an intimate knowledge of the facility say.

Dewey

Bisonoline
September 23rd, 2016, 12:29 PM
^^^^This right here. Any major renovation to the Fargodome would impact the venues that are scheduled to be there.

I wonder if the Fargo Forum could do a open records request of the City of Fargo regarding any information on the Fargodome expansion. It would be interesting to see what architects and structural engineers with an intimate knowledge of the facility say.

Dewey

Its been posted numerous times on BV.

dewey
September 23rd, 2016, 01:11 PM
Its been posted numerous times on BV.

I have seen the expansion of lobby and convention area and potentially seating expansion up to 1200 seats from last years Fargo Forum. I am sure NDSU has reached out to the architect and in turn the structural engineers to see if expanding the Fargodome significantly is economically feasible.

Dewey

BisonFan02
September 23rd, 2016, 01:35 PM
We had the Fargodome expansion figured out on a bar napkin at the Turf....illuminati set the Turf on fire and destroyed the plans.

Twentysix
September 23rd, 2016, 01:37 PM
We had the Fargodome expansion figured out on a bar napkin at the Turf....illuminati set the Turf on fire and destroyed the plans.

Those bastards!

Bisonoline
September 23rd, 2016, 01:53 PM
Those bastards!

Now it will never be done. Oh woe is us.

Bisonator
September 23rd, 2016, 03:11 PM

Speaking of which how's that 2 month timeline to rebuild the Turf coming along?

caribbeanhen
September 24th, 2016, 05:32 AM
Thats what he does because he has nothing of value to add to the conversation.
maybe you should say he never wants to talk about what I want to talk about...... think A L A B A M A!

POD Knows
September 24th, 2016, 09:05 AM
maybe you should say he never wants to talk about what I want to talk about...... think A L A B A M A!

We want 'Bama

caribbeanhen
September 24th, 2016, 09:21 AM
We want 'Bama

that's the spirit I'm talking about POD!

Southern Bison
September 24th, 2016, 10:23 AM
We want 'Bama
We had to settle for 'Bama Jr. last January...roll whitecap roll! :p

PantherRob82
September 24th, 2016, 12:04 PM
I don't think Iowa is going to make you look good the rest of the way.

andthehomeofthe-BIZON-
September 24th, 2016, 12:13 PM
I don't think Iowa is going to make you look good the rest of the way.
They look like crap right now don't they. Why will no one kick a field goal???? WHY???

Bisonoline
September 24th, 2016, 12:32 PM

Then start a thread on Alabama. Talking about that school on a FCS thread is idiotic at best.

caribbeanhen
September 24th, 2016, 06:41 PM
Then start a thread on Alabama. Talking about that school on a FCS thread is idiotic at best.

read the title of the thread Einstein...

Bisonoline
September 24th, 2016, 07:57 PM

As i said you want to talk about Alabama start a new thread for Alabama. We dont play Alabama--Einstein

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 24th, 2016, 09:52 PM

Troll boy...

Bisonoline
September 25th, 2016, 02:36 PM
Troll boy...

Same MO just a different day.