PDA

View Full Version : AGS Top 25 - How They Fared Week 3 2016

superman7515
September 17th, 2016, 10:36 PM
Still a couple of games being played throughout the country, but everyone on the list has finished playing except Sam Houston State, who has the game well in hand, so I'll post it up. Still a couple of games that I need to update the recap links on because the games finished too recently for the recap to be up, but all in all, you can start getting an idea.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Ck3eY85EEkXkUdFe_7JC3iTbi3Pfl9O4-F05EpDmYKA/edit?usp=sharing

As always, if you see any errors, please let me know via PM so that I can get that changed ASAP. You can feel free to leave a note in this thread, but there's no guarantee I won't miss a post, so a PM would be appreciated. Thank you all for making "How They Fared" the number 1 tool on AGS for filling out your brackets each week and for your help in keeping it accurate and useful!

TheKingpin28
September 17th, 2016, 10:49 PM
Honest question: are there more than 15 teams that deserve to be ranked? As I stated earlier, outside of #1, not naming names, BUT, I feel like 6-25 I could take 30 or so teams, place them up against a wall and throw darts and a case could probably made for them. I feel like I can get a solid top 5, no specific order, but then it becomes a crap shoot.

WTFCollegefootballfan
September 17th, 2016, 11:14 PM
Remember Richmond lost its starting running back for the season.

Twentysix
September 18th, 2016, 12:41 AM
Remember Richmond lost its starting running back for the season.

Also remember that Richmond got ****pounded by a team outside of the top 40, in their third game.

superman7515
September 18th, 2016, 09:15 AM
Sagarin & Massey ratings have been updated.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 18th, 2016, 09:21 AM
Nice work as usual with this!!

kdinva
September 18th, 2016, 10:21 AM
Nice work as usual with this!!

I second!

BisonTru
September 18th, 2016, 11:54 AM
Pulls out last weeks poll, scans Supes list, throws last weeks poll in the garbage.

BEAR
September 18th, 2016, 12:32 PM
Bears win. Run 82 plays with 62 of them as rushes. Game never in doubt.

So We have:
Game 1: HBU. Win 56-13. Not even this close. Second and third team plays most of game.
Game 2: Samford. Bad first half with 2 turnovers that led to scores. Last year we lost 43-16. This year we get nearly 600 yards of offense, hold them to -25 yards rushing, only 49 total in the second half and lose by 6.
Game 3: Never in doubt. 62 rushes of 82 plays. Boringly easy. Second string starts second half.

Dominate.
Could have won. Two turnovers in first half hurt.
Dominate.

That should put the Bears close to top 25 again.

Nickels
September 18th, 2016, 12:40 PM

So We have:
Game 1: HBU. Win 56-13. Not even this close. Second and third team plays most of game.
Game 2: Samford. Bad first half with 2 turnovers that led to scores. Last year we lost 43-16. This year we get nearly 600 yards of offense, hold them to -25 yards rushing, only 49 total in the second half and lose by 6.
Game 3: Never in doubt. 62 rushes of 82 plays. Boringly easy. Second string starts second half.

Dominate.
Dominate.

Boringly easy? It was a 14-7 game at halftime against the worst team in a very weak conference. You win by 14. Not exactly dominate to me.

BEAR
September 18th, 2016, 12:48 PM
Boringly easy? It was a 14-7 game at halftime against the worst team in a very weak conference. You win by 14. Not exactly dominate to me.

Sadly you werent there. We used 5 or 6 runningbacks, rarely threw, started our second and third string guys early and even their team never once got hyped for a possible comeback. It was beyond vanilla. Yeah, it was easy.

Besides, if its such a weak conference, why are you in the top ten?

PantherRob82
September 18th, 2016, 12:49 PM

So We have:

Dominate.
Dominate.

No way. If you had beat Samford, yes. Beat SFA, McNeese, or Sam Houston and get back to us. :D

BEAR
September 18th, 2016, 12:53 PM
No way. If you had beat Samford, yes. Beat SFA, McNeese, or Sam Houston and get back to us. :D

What about ASU? xthumbsupx

BisonTru
September 18th, 2016, 01:18 PM

Good point. I have no idea what pollsters see in SHSU that warrants some of these uber high rankings, and they don't have one opponent on their schedule that could impress me enough to say that they may be one of the best teams in the country.

Nickels
September 18th, 2016, 01:40 PM
Sadly you werent there. We used 5 or 6 runningbacks, rarely threw, started our second and third string guys early and even their team never once got hyped for a possible comeback. It was beyond vanilla. Yeah, it was easy.

You threw it 20 times and most of your points came off passes. I wouldn't exactly call that rarely passing.

NWSU is the worst team in the conference thus far and the Bears let em hang around. That isn't domination.

Why is U of H a top 10 team? Are you saying the AAC is strong?

You know our entire conference's biggest OOC win is so far? A 4 point win over a winless SWAC team. Add in a D2 loss, the overall play against D2 and FBS and it equals a weak conference. I don't know how anyone could argue otherwise.

And frankly if people dont want to rank the Kats because of our current resume, I don't have a problem with that whatsoever. But I suspect consistent playoff success is a factor in many minds which is another reason why we're ranked in a weak conference.

BEAR
September 18th, 2016, 01:46 PM
Good point. I have no idea what pollsters see in SHSU that warrants some of these uber high rankings, and they don't have one opponent on their schedule that could impress me enough to say that they may be one of the best teams in the country.

My point was for him that UCA has won the games it was supposed to win by comfortable margins and not even showing much offense. Plus the game they lost last year by 30 or whatever they actually dominated this year but lost due to two turnovers that led directly to two scores, a pick six and a fumble....and still only lost by 6. THATS an improvement in my book. Yeah its not top 25 worthy, but this time last year you might habe put them at #25. Besides using the old weak conference argument for playing weak teams and youre ranked so high while in that conference is just not lining up with the standard you place on a team that is leading it. Fairs fair.

BEAR
September 18th, 2016, 01:49 PM
You threw it 20 times and most of your points came off passes. I wouldn't exactly call that rarely passing.

NWSU is the worst team in the conference thus far and the Bears let em hang around. That isn't domination.

Why is U of H a top 10 team? Are you saying the AAC is strong?

You know our entire conference's biggest OOC win is so far? A 4 point win over a winless SWAC team. Add in a D2 loss, the overall play against D2 and FBS and it equals a weak conference. I don't know how anyone could argue otherwise.

And frankly if people dont want to rank the Kats because of our current resume, I don't have a problem with that whatsoever. But I suspect consistent playoff success is a factor in many minds which is another reason why we're ranked in a weak conference.

Math must not be your forte. 62 runs to 20 passes. Yeah we were worried about scoring and losing the game. xlolx

Im sorry but you are in a weak conference. You said it yourself. Best case for your team should be top 15.

The more games our conference losses the more your victories will look shallow...you know, like ours do now.

Nickels
September 18th, 2016, 01:57 PM
Math must not be your forte. 62 runs to 20 passes. Yeah we were worried about scoring and losing the game. xlolx

Im sorry but you are in a weak conference. You said it yourself. Best case for your team should be top 15.
As I said that's perfectly fine and justifiable by me but to say that UCA should be near the top 25 with a **** resume that only includes wins against 2 of the worst teams in the FCS is ludicrous.

Nickels
September 18th, 2016, 01:59 PM
The more games our conference losses the more your victories will look shallow...you know, like ours do now.
Exactly. Your acting like I'm disagreeing with you on this. I wish this conference was better for our sake but it simply isn't.

PantherRob82
September 18th, 2016, 03:38 PM
What about ASU? xthumbsupx

Maybe. xthumbsupx

superman7515
September 18th, 2016, 05:37 PM
Pulls out last weeks poll, scans Supes list, throws last weeks poll in the garbage.

Richmond/Stony Brook
South Dakota State/Cal Poly
Illinois State/Eastern Illinois

My top 10 certainly took a hit this week.

TheKingpin28
September 18th, 2016, 06:02 PM
For the 2nd straight week, I knew that my poll from the previous week needed to be lit on fire and began anew.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 18th, 2016, 07:09 PM
For the 2nd straight week, I knew that my poll from the previous week needed to be lit on fire and began anew.

It is what makes a good voter Kingpin so you can at least take comfort in that.xthumbsupx

JSUSoutherner
September 18th, 2016, 07:21 PM
As I said that's perfectly fine and justifiable by me but to say that UCA should be near the top 25 with a **** resume that only includes wins against 2 of the worst teams in the FCS is ludicrous.

How about a win over a mediocre FCS team and a terrible D2 team?

That's top 3 material according to the STATS poll. :D

Nickels
September 18th, 2016, 07:42 PM

That's top 3 material according to the STATS poll. :D
I dont vote in the STATS poll. What do I care?

JSUSoutherner
September 18th, 2016, 08:00 PM
I dont vote in the STATS poll. What do I care?

That's top 4 material according to the AGS poll. :D