Oct. 6 at Nicholls State
Oct. 13 vs. Southeastern Louisiana
Oct. 20 at Sam Houston State
Oct. 27 vs. Texas State (Homecoming)
Nov. 3 at Ole Miss
Nov. 10 at McNeese State
Nov. 17 vs. Stephen F. Austin
------------------
Northwestern State didn't shy away from scheduling Division I-A schools in 2006, and the Demons followed suit for 2007.

Northwestern State released its 2007 football schedule on Tuesday, and while the Demons aren't loading up on Bowl Championship Series teams like last season there are still a couple.

The Demons will travel to Texas Tech (Sept. 29) and Ole Miss (Nov. 3). They played three BCS schools in 2006 -- Kansas, Baylor and Ole Miss.

"We're playing two, not three, which is closer to where we need to be," Northwestern State Athletic Director Greg Burke said. "In an ideal world, we'd play one."

The Demons open the season with two games at Turpin Stadium, beginning the season against Henderson State on Sept. 1.

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070102/SPORTS02/301020002/1001/SPORTS

Dallas Demon
January 3rd, 2007, 01:03 AM
One thing is for sure, we don't shy away from playing a tough schedule. I guess we need the money games.

TxSt02
January 3rd, 2007, 01:12 AM
nice schedule

89Hen
January 3rd, 2007, 09:28 AM
Sept. 15 at Northeastern
Not to derail this, but Northeastern plays Northwestern State and Northwestern next year? xlolx Their AD must have a great sense of humor. :thumbsup:

MplsBison
January 3rd, 2007, 09:53 AM
If the 12 game schedule goes through, do you think NW will schedule a game for the 22nd?

Lehigh Football Nation
January 3rd, 2007, 10:12 AM
Not to derail this, but Northeastern plays Northwestern State and Northwestern next year? xlolx Their AD must have a great sense of humor. :thumbsup:

Another early game that may be worth travelling to see for me (Sept 15). For those in the northeast, there are two fantastic games to see involving FCS schools that don't usually get up here:

Sept 15th NW State at Northeastern
????????? Furman at Hofstra

I'm hoping these are not on the same weekend. That would suck.. I could probably arrange to see both if they're not on the same weekend.

GeauxColonels
January 3rd, 2007, 02:43 PM
I hate that Nicholls State waits FOREVER before releasing their schedule....we never know who to expect on the next year's slate. We have to have one of the WORST sports information departments in all of D-I.

TexasTerror
January 3rd, 2007, 06:05 PM

NWST's AD has a sense of humor himself...

They've played Northeastern in football and Northwestern in basketball...

TexasTerror
January 3rd, 2007, 06:14 PM
From NWST Athletics...

NATCHITOCHES – Northwestern State unveiled its 2007 football schedule Wednesday kicking off with two home games and including non-conference visits to Texas Tech and Ole Miss.

The Demons, in their sixth season under head coach Scott Stoker, will play four non-league games along with seven Southland Conference contests. Division II power Henderson State and Boston-based Northeastern are the other two non-SLC foes along with Texas Tech and Ole Miss.

The schedule, including five home games, was announced by director of athletics Greg Burke, who said a sixth home game could be played on the Sept. 22 open date if NCAA members approve legislation this month to add a 12th game to schedules for Football Championship Subdivision (formerly called Division I-AA) teams such as NSU. Kickoff times will be set later, said Burke, although it’s unlikely to change from 6 p.m. kickoffs for night games and a traditional 2 o’clock afternoon kickoff for homecoming on Oct. 27 against Texas State.

"There is a great deal of satisfaction in putting together a balanced schedule which includes exciting Football Bowl Subdivision games at Ole Miss and Texas Tech, a destination road game at Atlantic 10 Conference opponent Northeastern in Boston, and the usual competitiveness of Southland Conference play week in and week out," said Burke, who had praise for the work by associate athletic director Donnie Cox to coordinate the schedule.

http://www.nsudemons.com/story.asp?ID=2594

Saint3333
January 3rd, 2007, 06:24 PM
One thing is for sure, we don't shy away from playing a tough schedule. I guess we need the money games.

NW St. bought out of the game in Boone a couple years ago, will the return trip ever happen?

TxSt02
January 3rd, 2007, 06:30 PM
just noticed we travel there two years in a row...

slycat
January 3rd, 2007, 07:04 PM
just noticed we travel there two years in a row...

i saw that too. i wonder if this means the shsu game will be coming back to san marcos next year or if it will stay in huntsville as somehave thought it would.

TexasTerror
January 3rd, 2007, 07:09 PM
i saw that too. i wonder if this means the shsu game will be coming back to san marcos next year or if it will stay in huntsville as somehave thought it would.

Come on guys...

Get with the program! We've already discussed numerous times on AGS, KatFans, etc that the schedule has been tweaked with UCA coming in. SLC schedules are below...

http://www.katfans.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3851

BearsCountry
January 3rd, 2007, 07:20 PM
We have to have one of the WORST sports information departments in all of D-I.

Have you seen Missouri State's, we dont have a website up and running.

TexasTerror
January 3rd, 2007, 09:01 PM

Sports Information is a tough field for sure. It's the greatest balancing act in all of collegiate athletics outside of what is faced by your student athletes.

blackfordpu
January 3rd, 2007, 09:43 PM
NWST has announced theirs...

Northwestern State 2007 football schedule
Sept. 1 vs. Henderson State
Sept. 8 vs. Central Arkansas
Sept. 15 at Northeastern
Sept. 22 OPEN
Sept. 29 at Texas Tech
Oct. 6 at Nicholls State
Oct. 13 vs. Southeastern Louisiana
Oct. 20 at Sam Houston State
Oct. 27 vs. Texas State (Homecoming)
Nov. 3 at Ole Miss
Nov. 10 at McNeese State
Nov. 17 vs. Stephen F. Austin
------------------

Speaking from experience, this one could get ugly.

slycat
January 4th, 2007, 02:22 AM
Come on guys...

Get with the program! We've already discussed numerous times on AGS, KatFans, etc that the schedule has been tweaked with UCA coming in. SLC schedules are below...

no crap. what im saying is that you have kept posting that the texas st - shsu game would be in huntsville again. what im saying is now that texas st is for sure playing at nwst again does this mean the txst-sam game will be returning to san marcos liek it should?

Keeper
January 4th, 2007, 03:18 AM

All I can find is Sept 15 at Sam Houston
and Sept 22 home vs Central Arkansas.

Add the 6 Gateway games that leaves 3 to be scheduled.

probably two FBS money games to be announced
and a D-II home game.

Most of the Big12 teams have filled their dates, as well
the Big11. Look for C-USA or Mtn West opponents by March.

TexasTerror
January 4th, 2007, 07:38 AM
no crap. what im saying is that you have kept posting that the texas st - shsu game would be in huntsville again. what im saying is now that texas st is for sure playing at nwst again does this mean the txst-sam game will be returning to san marcos liek it should?

You go on hiatus for awhile? I haven't said that in over a month, considering our AD announced our schedule the last week in November. SHSU and Texas St-San Marcos will play in San Marcos. It's on our SHSU athletics web site. It's on KatFans.com, I've said it on your board and AGS...

Check out KatFans.com for all the schedule information...

Dallas Demon
January 4th, 2007, 10:54 PM
Speaking from experience, this one could get ugly.

I know, Texas Tech might be the worst venue for a FCS team to play at with their offense and attitude of never letting up. I'll try and enjoy the trip as best as I can.

Dallas Demon
January 4th, 2007, 10:59 PM
NW St. bought out of the game in Boone a couple years ago, will the return trip ever happen?

Our AD tried to reschedule at the time for the return trip to Boone in a later year but was rejected by your AD. The reason we didn't come is we got an offer to play a I-A money game. We did have to pay a penalty to get out of the contract with Appalachian St. Personally, I would love to come to Boone but it obviously would have been a tough place to win over the last couple of years. Maybe someday.

slycat
January 5th, 2007, 01:11 AM
You go on hiatus for awhile? I haven't said that in over a month, considering our AD announced our schedule the last week in November. SHSU and Texas St-San Marcos will play in San Marcos. It's on our SHSU athletics web site. It's on KatFans.com, I've said it on your board and AGS...

Check out KatFans.com for all the schedule information...

yeah ive been off and on for the last month or so. lots of trips and such away from the internet. i guess more happened then i thought. must have missed those posts trying to catch myself up. i never saw the post of when your AD posted ya'lls schedule.

Seat16Demon
January 9th, 2007, 05:57 PM
If the 12 game schedule goes through, do you think NW will schedule a game for the 22nd?

If you notice from the article cited by Texas Terror, Greg Burke the NWSt. AD would like to add another home game on that date. That is a long way for the Bison to come get beat.:smiley_wi

Demon Fan
January 9th, 2007, 06:23 PM
If you notice from the article cited by Texas Terror, Greg Burke the NWSt. AD would like to add another home game on that date. That is a long way for the Bison to come get beat.:smiley_wi
Son, be carefulwhat you ask for! Remember that the Bison and the Demons have met twice with the boys from the badlands winning both times. In fact you will recall that at the game in 2005 in Natchitoches, we just knew that the oppresive heat and humidity would take its toll on them since they where not as used to it. Wrong! They kept running a double tight end set and just kept pounding out a 35 to 7 win. Please excuse Seat16 Demon fellas. I raised him and his brother to be die-hard Demon fans and sometimes their hearts get in the way.

On the other hand, I'd like another shot at those guys in green and yellow too! Go Demons!

MplsBison
January 10th, 2007, 09:31 AM
Well I guess it won't be happening for 2007 with the 12 game schedule not passing.

Frosty The Snowbuff
January 10th, 2007, 01:56 PM
Son, be carefulwhat you ask for! Remember that the Bison and the Demons have met twice with the boys from the badlands winning both times. In fact you will recall that at the game in 2005 in Natchitoches, we just knew that the oppresive heat and humidity would take its toll on them since they where not as used to it. Wrong! They kept running a double tight end set and just kept pounding out a 35 to 7 win. Please excuse Seat16 Demon fellas. I raised him and his brother to be die-hard Demon fans and sometimes their hearts get in the way.

On the other hand, I'd like another shot at those guys in green and yellow too! Go Demons!

^^^^^^

Remembers that game....:o

Husky Alum
January 11th, 2007, 06:14 AM
If anyone from the board is planning on coming to the NWState game in Boston, please let me know.

We're a small but hospitable bunch in the tailgate area at Parsons Field.

Northeastern has played Northwestern in basketball and baseball before.

If we had a sick sense of humor, we'd play Southeastern as well.

Demon Fan
January 13th, 2007, 09:48 AM
If anyone from the board is planning on coming to the NWState game in Boston, please let me know.

Thanks for the invitation Husky Alum! I have the time and the inclination; however I lack an important commodity, the finances. I would dearly love to see the Demon/Husky re-match. This game will, perhaps understandably, receive little notoriety; but will be perhaps one of the best match ups at Parsons Field in recent years. No predictions other that for a hard fought and well earned win for the victor in this contest!

Your Huskies should turn a few heads this season!

BigApp
January 29th, 2007, 03:43 PM
9/1 Henderson State
9/8 Central Arkansas
9/15 @Northeastern
9/22 OPEN
9/29 Texas Tech
10/6 @Nicholls State
10/13 Southeastern Louisiana
10/20 @Sam Houston State
10/27 Texas State (Homecoming)
11/3 @Ole Miss
11/10 @McNeese State
11/17 Stephen F. Austin

http://www.nsudemons.com/sports/football/schedule.asp

th0m
January 29th, 2007, 03:45 PM
Hmm. Ole Miss, Texas Tech, and then Henderson State? :\ The six home games are nice, but they really aren't setting themselves up for a playoff run... Assuming they lose both FBS games (I don't see them winning either) they can only trip up against one FCS school to get the required 7 DI wins. Of course, they can still get to the 'dance' without 7 DI wins if they win enough SLC games. Good luck to the Demons!

Lionsrking
January 29th, 2007, 04:35 PM
Hmm. Ole Miss, Texas Tech, and then Henderson State? :\ The six home games are nice, but they really aren't setting themselves up for a playoff run... Assuming they lose both FBS games (I don't see them winning either) they can only trip up against one FCS school to get the required 7 DI wins. Of course, they can still get to the 'dance' without 7 DI wins if they win enough SLC games. Good luck to the Demons!

If you understood the budget situations in Louisiana after two major hurricanes, you would understand.

RabidRabbit
January 29th, 2007, 05:22 PM

I know that NDSU, Poly, are likely to be interested in Southland games for '07. I hear that several are in the works for Poly at least.

TexasTerror
January 29th, 2007, 05:24 PM
If you understood the budget situations in Louisiana after two major hurricanes, you would understand.

The rest of the country does not understand what the SLC schools are dealing with right now especially post-hurricane...

Throw in the fact that all those east coast schools (still surprising N'Eastern scheduled a home-and-home with NWST) won't come down here because they got all their buddies on their side of the map...

Spooney-Cat
January 31st, 2007, 09:19 AM
I know that NDSU, Poly, are likely to be interested in Southland games for '07. I hear that several are in the works for Poly at least.

Our first game is against Cal Poly in San Marcos :)
They will be looking for revenge after their Quarterfinal loss to us in 2005!

Frosty The Snowbuff
February 3rd, 2007, 10:32 PM
There are Rumors going around Shreveport / Bossier that Jeremy Jefferson of Booker T Washington (Shreveport) has committed to NSU...

Is this true???

GeauxLions94
February 3rd, 2007, 11:08 PM
There are Rumors going around Shreveport / Bossier that Jeremy Jefferson of Booker T Washington (Shreveport) has committed to NSU...

Is this true???

No :rotateh:

BigApp
February 4th, 2007, 03:04 PM

treux dat

NSUDemon98
February 5th, 2007, 02:01 PM

Unless we magically move to another state, we will always need the money...

NSUDemon98
February 5th, 2007, 02:06 PM

That would be a wonderful trip. My Great-Aunt and Great-Uncle live in Franklin just outside of Boston. I've been up there once and it was fantastic...however, on a teachers salary I don't my wife and I could swing a weekend excursion to Mass. :mad:

Seat16Demon
February 14th, 2007, 04:36 PM

Is this true???

OOOOHHHH YEAHHHH! You better believe it baby! Jeremy Jefferson is a Demon! His statistics are incredible to the point of being sick!!

:bow: :bow: :thumbsup:

Frosty The Snowbuff
February 14th, 2007, 07:45 PM
OOOOHHHH YEAHHHH! You better believe it baby! Jeremy Jefferson is a Demon! His statistics are incredible to the point of being sick!!

:bow: :bow: :thumbsup:

Interesting....

I figured he'd end up at LA Tech or Ole Miss. I guess they hate the fact that he's only 5'7".

Oh well....an unexpected plus for us. :D