PDA

View Full Version : Playoff Games in NC

Milktruck74
September 15th, 2016, 03:11 PM
So when does the NCAA pull playoff games from NC? I know its a moot point unless WCU or GW step it up... but there are D2 and D3 schools there.

Schism55
September 15th, 2016, 03:21 PM
Completely moot point for fcs.
But there maybe implications for D2 & D3.
Interesting topic, would think ncaa would not want playoff games played there. But it is the ncaa so who knows.

melloware13
September 15th, 2016, 03:45 PM
NCAA said that teams that earn home games in playoffs will get them. Similar to how teams in South Carolina had home games during the NCAA postseason ban for the state due to the flag at the capitol

ElonFirefighter
September 15th, 2016, 03:47 PM
I believe it was stated Playoff games located off campus. So a team like WSSU that plays at the race track would be affected but a WCU that plays on campus would not

FUBeAR
September 15th, 2016, 04:37 PM
So when does the NCAA pull playoff games from NC? I know its a moot point unless WCU or GW step it up... but there are D2 and D3 schools there.

At this point in the season, Campbell, Davidson, and Elon would not appreciate being omitted from this discussion...and there's some combination of events that could land NC A&T and/or NCCU in the FCS Playoffs as well (I think).

...and, BTW, how does the ACC justify keeping their Headquarters here?

Atlantic Coast Conference
4512 Weybridge Lane
Greensboro, NC 27407

ElonFirefighter
September 15th, 2016, 05:25 PM
At this point in the season, Campbell, Davidson, and Elon would not appreciate being omitted from this discussion...

https://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/60343061.jpg

ElCid
September 15th, 2016, 08:12 PM
Ah yes, a sports organization sticking its nose into politics. Gotta love it. I hope NC passes a tax on the NCAA for every event that occurs in the state. Not on the schools mind you but the NCAA itself. Call it a stupid tax for all the buttplugs at the NCAA. Maybe they need to be sent a message.

melloware13
September 15th, 2016, 09:02 PM
I believe it was stated Playoff games located off campus. So a team like WSSU that plays at the race track would be affected but a WCU that plays on campus would not
I believe that "on campus" refers to the schools official home venue. However, the only examples from the FCS Playoffs in South Carolina were on campus. They do later state that if it's a non-predetermined site earned by the season's performance, they won't take it away from the schools.

UAalum72
September 15th, 2016, 09:37 PM
The ACC has also moved all its neutral-site championships out of North Carolina including the football title game, which was to be played in Charlotte. Baseball, women’s basketball, men’s and women’s golf, men’s and women’s tennis, men’s and women’s swimming and diving and women’s soccer will also be moved.

http://collegebasketball.nbcsports.com/2016/09/14/the-acc-to-remove-neutral-site-championships-from-north-carolina-due-to-hb2/

BigHouseClosedEnd
September 15th, 2016, 09:44 PM
Elon has got to be sweating bullets on this.

walliver
September 16th, 2016, 08:55 AM

I don't think the physical location really matters as long as the game is "hosted" by a school based on merit. WSSU playing at Bowman-Gray Stadium should not be an issue since it is their routine home field.

ElonFirefighter
September 16th, 2016, 09:00 AM
Elon has got to be sweating bullets on this.

I guess we will have to bite the bullet and save money and forgo the bid on the Post season home game bid

BEAR
September 16th, 2016, 09:45 AM
There is NO reason for the NCAA to get involved in politics. NONE. What's hilarious is they take a stand one way totally disregarding their own athletes, sponsors, and fans views on whatever issue just to "look good" in the eyes of the media. Kinda reminds me of forcing FCS and lower schools to change their "politically incorrect" mascots yet allowing FBS schools for the most part to keep theirs. Money anyone?

Hey NCAA...Do the liberal thing and stay out of our private life issues! xnodx

Catamount87
September 16th, 2016, 10:27 AM
A bit of background for everyone about NC's House Bill 2, aka Public Facilities Privacy & Security Act.

Of course the press has been all over the transgender issue mainly because of the title and one part of the bill. BTW, the bathroom part of the bill only applies to government buildings which of course is just about every stadium and arena in NC. (Rightfully so IMHO but let's not get on that political debate please.) Really, that section is a massive diversionary tactic that drew away attention from the bill's two real purposes. First, it eliminated a citizens right to sue in State court for discrimination, this part has been reversed. (Supporters maintained it wasn't needed since citizens have that right in Federal court.) But the bigger purpose was to create legislation that limits NC local government's ability to govern themselves, specifically to set their own anti-discrimination ordinances. In essence, allow the state to have a sort of veto power over local ordinances. For example, cities within NC cannot pass an ordinance that would create a higher minimum wage within that city compared to what the state has set.

Again, let's not debate the political/social/moral issue. This post is only to pass along additional facts that most often have not been covered in the national and international press.

JayJ79
September 16th, 2016, 10:33 AM
Hey NCAA...Do the liberal thing and stay out of our private life issues! xnodx
considering the law in question is trying to dictate peoples private life issues....

ElonFirefighter
September 16th, 2016, 11:34 AM
considering the law in question is trying to dictate peoples private life issues....

The law dictated people private lives, by preventing Charlottes law that dictated peoples private lives

seattlespider
September 16th, 2016, 12:23 PM
The law dictated people private lives, by preventing Charlottes law that dictated peoples private lives

[citation needed]

Milktruck74
September 16th, 2016, 12:41 PM
Conferences are now getting involved. It looks like the SoCon is about to pull the M&W BB and Wrestling Tourney from Asheville and maybe put it in Chattanooga. The Ironic Thing is (having lived in Chattanooga and 45mins from Asheville I can confidently say) Asheville is a WAY more inclusive and tolerant city than Chattanooga, especially when considering the whole Transgendered deal...

ElonFirefighter
September 16th, 2016, 12:44 PM
[citation needed]

The Charlotte ordnance allowed TG to use the bathroom of their choice thus dictating that a 7 year old girl not have the freedom to change in the privacy without a man's wang out in the locker room because he feels like a women. The NC GA dictated that the wang bandit not run freely in the womens locker room. Both dictating what people do in there private "Parts" Lives.

ElonFirefighter
September 16th, 2016, 12:46 PM
in order to be inclusive the Socon will now allow men and women to "rassel" together.... at the same time.... in a pool of pudding.....nude

BEAR
September 16th, 2016, 01:12 PM

You mean someone's private use of their privates in a public restroom? Interesting. I wonder where the line will move next. xlolx By the way, when your private life crosses into public life..it's no more YOUR private life. Just sayin'. Again, NCAA quit being the bully and sort out all your other problems like bullying small schools for their mascots, banning coaches for praying BEFORE the games, and collecting the BIG bucks from corporate sponsors.

FUBeAR
September 16th, 2016, 02:46 PM
Conferences are now getting involved. It looks like the SoCon is about to pull the M&W BB and Wrestling Tourney from Asheville and maybe put it in Chattanooga. The Ironic Thing is (having lived in Chattanooga and 45mins from Asheville I can confidently say) Asheville is a WAY more inclusive and tolerant city than Chattanooga, especially when considering the whole Transgendered deal...

Very true, but that fact doesn't matter. It's all about perception here.

I just don't understand how the ACC can move their neutral site championships out of NC, express their reasons for doing so to be based upon principles & values; while not simultaneously announcing their plans to move their HQ's out of NC. How is that not blatantly hypocritical? If they had said something in their release about these championships being held in public facilities, where this law would directly impact the 'rights' of potential attendees, I suppose they maybe could slide by under the 'hypocrite radar,' but their release was focused, I would say, on the 'unfairness' of the law itself;and, thus, by extension, the people (represented by their General Assembly), of the State of NC. So, how can they be OK having their HQ in a state where they feel that they should not hold contests, if there is another option.

In fact, I don't understand how they can, in good conscience, make this decision without also announcing that they have begun the process of removing NCSU & UNC from the conference and immediately cancelling all competitions between their Members in 'good' states and those two State-of-NC-operated schools. Also, they should announce that all of Wake Forest's & Duke's competitions (private schools) would not need to be cancelled if they agreed to travel to 'good' states to participate in them...as long as they can demonstrate an accelerated action plan to relocate their schools to a 'good' state in the very near future.

C'mon ACC, show your true commitment to your values and the principles of inclusiveness & diversity by implementing this process immediately. Or...maybe, it's just really about perception, now, isn't it?

BTW - Watch out Catamounts. You're now on the, also-righteous, SoCon's 'bad' list.

JayJ79
September 16th, 2016, 03:56 PM
You mean someone's private use of their privates in a public restroom? Interesting. I wonder where the line will move next. xlolx By the way, when your private life crosses into public life..it's no more YOUR private life. Just sayin'.

Hmm, you guys must have a different restroom routine than I do. I don't really recall seeing anyone else's privates in all my years of using public restrooms.

ElonFirefighter
September 16th, 2016, 04:00 PM
Hmm, you guys must have a different restroom routine than I do. I don't really recall seeing anyone else's privates in all my years of using public restrooms.

What you have never played "Whos is bigger?"

BEAR
September 16th, 2016, 04:29 PM
What you have never played "Whos is bigger?"

xlolx Or dang this water is cold...xthumbsupx

Thumper 76
September 16th, 2016, 04:41 PM

See for me it has nothing to do with who is in the bathroom when I am. It's when my woman or my daughter are in the bathroom. This wasn't an issue until it was forced to be one, and now by making it so someone who wants to claim they identify as a female is ok to use the women's pisser, you just make a huge loophole for perverts and drunken douchebags to exploit. Hell guys pretend to be gay to try to get laid (not sure that's very effective), why do you think it's even slightly unreasonable to think that perverts won't try to take advantage of this?

Your argument is a joke, and doesn't address that issue at all. It's a classic liberal joke of an argument to try to make the other side of the argument seem insecure or unintelligent by picking a part of the issue that is not even a part of the argument. I highly doubt that any guy on here gives a **** who is in the men's bathroom. They don't care if a gay guy is using the urinal next to them. They DO care that it's pretty easy for some creep to claim they identify as a woman and gain access to areas where our children and women we care about are vulnerable. I haven't seen one person show me how that's going to be prevented other than some limp argument as to how, "well there's really stiff punishments for that". Yeah, well that won't be a mess in court if the guy just went in there for a peep show and there isn't evidence of anything other than him staring at women. Honestly. Nobody here gaf if there's a tranny in the bathroom next to them. It's the women's side that is the issue.

Milktruck74
September 16th, 2016, 07:21 PM
Without HB2, a HS boy can say, "hey I identify as a female today" and walk into the women's locker room at my gym without recourse. If you are a committed TS, and you have taken steps to live that way....nobody cares if you choose to use the restroom of your choice....it is more about setting up parameters for the others. And what about my 12 year old daughter's right to use a public restroom without fear? And reality....how many people that were going to attend the ACC games would actually be impacted by HB2?

superman7515
September 16th, 2016, 11:07 PM
in order to be inclusive the Socon will now allow men and women to "rassel" together.... at the same time.... in a pool of pudding.....nude

Time for me to check if I have any eligibility left, I'm coming out of retirement!

moc n tn1991
September 17th, 2016, 06:16 AM
It all comes to a matter of using common sense with issues like this. But I also know that when it comes to either Federal or State legislature, you have to throw common sense into the garbage. They have their own mentality. None of it makes sense.

walliver
September 17th, 2016, 08:42 AM
Why did the NCAA act in mid-September, 7 weeks before an election, in what is obviously an effort to influence the outcome of a presidential election.

Nevada allows betting on college football - Where's the boycott?

The cities in NC being affected by this are among the most liberal LGBT-friendly cities on the East Coast.

Why did UNC, NC State, and Duke go along with the ACC's decision? Politics. And in UNC's case, possibly the hope that by being good citizens, the NCAA will forget about the whole blatant cheating deal.

I was hoping the SoCon would show some restraint, but it appears otherwise. Holding a conference tournament on a member's home court is a bad deal for every school not named Chattanooga.

I'm not a big fan of HB2, it seems liked rushed, poorly thought-out legislation. If Charlotte wants to pass a higher minimum wage, who cares? If, as many of us believe, this is a job-killing idea, the jobs will just move to nearby areas in NC, and the state will be no worse off. I was not aware that bathrooms were a battleground before Charlotte thought that tight government regulation of pissing and ****ting was required. And my only concern with anti-discrimination ordinances is that in a few cases, the ordinances have extended to churches, in some cases attempting to force them to make their facilities accessible to activities that violate their beliefs.

Milktruck74
September 17th, 2016, 01:09 PM
Very true, but that fact doesn't matter. It's all about perception here.

I just don't understand how the ACC can move their neutral site championships out of NC, express their reasons for doing so to be based upon principles & values; while not simultaneously announcing their plans to move their HQ's out of NC. How is that not blatantly hypocritical? If they had said something in their release about these championships being held in public facilities, where this law would directly impact the 'rights' of potential attendees, I suppose they maybe could slide by under the 'hypocrite radar,' but their release was focused, I would say, on the 'unfairness' of the law itself;and, thus, by extension, the people (represented by their General Assembly), of the State of NC. So, how can they be OK having their HQ in a state where they feel that they should not hold contests, if there is another option.

In fact, I don't understand how they can, in good conscience, make this decision without also announcing that they have begun the process of removing NCSU & UNC from the conference and immediately cancelling all competitions between their Members in 'good' states and those two State-of-NC-operated schools. Also, they should announce that all of Wake Forest's & Duke's competitions (private schools) would not need to be cancelled if they agreed to travel to 'good' states to participate in them...as long as they can demonstrate an accelerated action plan to relocate their schools to a 'good' state in the very near future.

C'mon ACC, show your true commitment to your values and the principles of inclusiveness & diversity by implementing this process immediately. Or...maybe, it's just really about perception, now, isn't it?

BTW - Watch out Catamounts. You're now on the, also-righteous, SoCon's 'bad' list.

Ain't Happening....Swofford has a sweet pad in the middle of the state on an awesome golf course....he ain't moving!!!!

Milktruck74
September 17th, 2016, 01:13 PM
Why did the NCAA act in mid-September, 7 weeks before an election, in what is obviously an effort to influence the outcome of a presidential election.

Nevada allows betting on college football - Where's the boycott?

The cities in NC being affected by this are among the most liberal LGBT-friendly cities on the East Coast.

Why did UNC, NC State, and Duke go along with the ACC's decision? Politics. And in UNC's case, possibly the hope that by being good citizens, the NCAA will forget about the whole blatant cheating deal.

I was hoping the SoCon would show some restraint, but it appears otherwise. Holding a conference tournament on a member's home court is a bad deal for every school not named Chattanooga.

I'm not a big fan of HB2, it seems liked rushed, poorly thought-out legislation. If Charlotte wants to pass a higher minimum wage, who cares? If, as many of us believe, this is a job-killing idea, the jobs will just move to nearby areas in NC, and the state will be no worse off. I was not aware that bathrooms were a battleground before Charlotte thought that tight government regulation of pissing and ****ting was required. And my only concern with anti-discrimination ordinances is that in a few cases, the ordinances have extended to churches, in some cases attempting to force them to make their facilities accessible to activities that violate their beliefs.

I'm obviously a Chattanooga Fan, and I agree with this. I would rather see the Tourney played in Asheville....of course it is only 45 mins from my house.