PDA

View Full Version : Robert Morris vs YSU

Paladin1aa
September 13th, 2016, 12:06 PM
This game has all the potential of a huge blowout. YSU has a QB problem with the starter being injured, but got good play from the backup at WVU. Bo was ragging on Webb (RB) , who didn't play at RB because of injury ( Bo doesn't like hurt players). And, as I predicted, YSU was soft up the middle on D which forced the S to play more keyed on the run game which got them burned several times in the secondary trying to help cover on pass.

Lots of players get in this game. But YSU learns little from this embarrassing matchup.

YSU 45-10

RedFlash
September 13th, 2016, 02:31 PM
I think RMU is down to their 3rd string QB - unless 2015 starter Matt Barr is able to return this week from a shoulder injury. RMU hasn't scored an offensive touchdown yet this season, so I'll be surprised if they can get on the board this week against YSU.

Libertine
September 13th, 2016, 04:38 PM
RMU has gained just over 200 combined yards of offense for the year. That comes against Dayton and D2 Alderson-Broadus (which I can only assume is a school for butlers).

penguinpower
September 13th, 2016, 05:27 PM
This one is going to be Fugly. Stupid game that should not be played.

penguinpower
September 13th, 2016, 05:31 PM
Hey Paladin,

Did you notice that WVU went from a cover 0 to a cover 3 in Q3 and when they did our offensive production fell off dramatically?

PantherRob82
September 13th, 2016, 05:39 PM
This one will be ugly.

bonarae
September 13th, 2016, 08:03 PM
This has blowout potential or one that is decided by field goals.

ValleyTalk
September 13th, 2016, 08:30 PM
I listened to the coaches show last night and Bo Pelini did not rag on Jody Webb. Although he will likely be ready this week, it sounds as though the plan is to hold him out due to the bye week next week before USD.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 13th, 2016, 09:56 PM
YSU should absolutely roll in this game. Robert Morris is probably one of the bottom 10-15 team in all of FCS.

It's amazing how little mileage they got out their 2010 playoff appearance. They've been getting progressively worse since. There's a lot of high school talent in the WPIAL for Colonials to recruit from...

ytownchief22
September 14th, 2016, 08:43 AM
Need to hold out any injured players with the bye next week and get 100% healthy.

YSU 7000
Bobby Morris 10

Model Citizen
September 14th, 2016, 09:18 AM
RMU has gained just over 200 combined yards of offense for the year.

The Dayton game was shortened due to lightning. But still...

RedFlash
September 14th, 2016, 09:37 AM
It's amazing how little mileage they got out their 2010 playoff appearance. They've been getting progressively worse since. There's a lot of high school talent in the WPIAL for Colonials to recruit from...

I completely agree with this. What’s interesting, from looking at their two-deep, is that while they have 24 WPIAL players on their roster, only 3 of them are starters (not counting the back-up QB who started last week.) By comparison, Duquesne has 35 WPIAL kids on their roster, 10 of whom are starters. I don't know if it's a talent identification problem or it's just harder to get kids to look at RMU but you'd think they'd have more WPIAL kids playing for them then they do.

Paladin1aa
September 14th, 2016, 12:09 PM
Sorry, PP, I didn't pay much attention to WVU secondary the second half as I switched back & forth with the Buckeyes game on TV.

Haven't changed my mind on YSU finishing 6-5 but this game will be an easy blowout. People should be worried about So. Dakota.

The D has holes this year. No high D ranking for this years team.

Libertine
September 14th, 2016, 06:10 PM
The Dayton game was shortened due to lightning. But still...

True, but only by ten minutes and they had 60 total yards at that point.

Penguin Nation
September 15th, 2016, 09:38 AM
If RMU gets a whiff of the red zone or gains 100 yards of offense....we are screwed for the season. If they score on us....we will bathe in scorn forever.

Paladin1aa
September 15th, 2016, 01:11 PM
Hey, PN. I read your complaints about the schedule on the other site. You are correct. moRon has his buttkissers over there, so the weenie games will stay and YSU will continue to look like they are avoiding competition ( they are).

Embarrassing !

ysubigred
September 15th, 2016, 02:08 PM
So far what I've seen from YSU.

1. We still have receivers, DB's LB's and Safety's that can't catch the ****ing ball.

2. A defense that's clueless when it comes to balls thrown past 10 yards

3. An offense that's still coached by a moron.

4. A head Coach that has a personality of a car crash.

5. An improved special teams ~ Credit Coach Stoops.

6. Team overall seems poorly conditioned. Runs out of gas way to fast. Yeah it was a hot day in WVA but hell these are 18-23 year old kids with TV time outs!!!!!!!!

Other than that the Season will start in two weeks for the Guins!!!!!!!

Ooops,,, Forgot YSU 13 RMU 5

PantherRob82
September 15th, 2016, 02:10 PM
Sorry, PP, I didn't pay much attention to WVU secondary the second half as I switched back & forth with the Buckeyes game on TV.

Only fitting......

Schism55
September 15th, 2016, 03:46 PM

1. We still have receivers, DB's LB's and Safety's that can't catch the ****ing ball.

6. Team overall seems poorly conditioned. Runs out of gas way to fast. Yeah it was a hot day in WVA but hell these are 18-23 year old kids with TV time outs!!!!!!!!

You are too kind sir xrotatehx

Penguin Nation
September 15th, 2016, 03:55 PM
Hey, PN. I read your complaints about the schedule on the other site. You are correct. moRon has his buttkissers over there, so the weenie games will stay and YSU will continue to look like they are avoiding competition ( they are).

Embarrassing !

I still think we should qualify for the NEC autobid. We were undefeated! xlolx

Penguin Nation
September 15th, 2016, 03:56 PM

Great summary.....but 13-5? wut?

The Yo Show
September 15th, 2016, 08:20 PM
I'm bad at giving actual score predictions... 48-3 YSU?

ysubigred
September 16th, 2016, 11:46 AM
Great summary.....but 13-5? wut?

Don't want to show wut the "O" genius has in store for the MVFC xrolleyesx

Paladin1aa
September 16th, 2016, 12:27 PM
Any of the YSU gang want to predict the ACTUAL BUTTS IN SEATS attendance for this one ?

My guess -- 9k maybe against this "powerhouse".

Of course we all know that moRon's "attendance" will be announced as close to 15k.xthumbsupx

ysubigred
September 16th, 2016, 12:39 PM
Any of the YSU gang want to predict the ACTUAL BUTTS IN SEATS attendance for this one ?

Of course we all know that moRon's "attendance" will be announced as close to 15k.xthumbsupx

109,727 xrolleyesx

Penguin Nation
September 16th, 2016, 01:22 PM

4k....seriously...maybe not even that. 9k means a nearly half full stadium...... haven't seen that in years.

Paladin1aa
September 16th, 2016, 01:46 PM
PN -- in a 20.5K stadium, it IS less than half and that includes the "guest" H.S. band along with YSU's, the kids in on freebies and the passes to freeloaders, etc. moRon only cares about the loges upstairs and those idiots don't care who we play. Just roll out the alcohol and the free food.:D

ytownchief22
September 17th, 2016, 07:34 PM
No Ricky Davis, Eisenhuth or Webb but a 38-6 final. Bobby Morris offense is absolutely terrible. They finished with minus rushing yards. Hosick did not impress me at QB. Need to keep Ricky Davis healthy during conference play for this team to make any noise. Onto the bye week.

Penguin Nation
September 17th, 2016, 07:44 PM
Hosick was rushed on most plays and flushed from the pocket, and even sacked twice. I'm sure he picked up some bad habits on his first start as he got away with a few risky passes against a 1AAA club. The conditions were also terrible. I wonder how the concussion will affect Davis for the remainder of the season, as those take a awhile to fully recover from. So we may see more of Hosick, and I think he'll improve from a poor performance today. I must admit my optimism for this season is slipping away, but still think will be better than last year. The TV announcer talked about this becoming a "rivalry" game. Has the YSU FB program fallen that far?

ysubigred
September 19th, 2016, 07:06 AM
Hosick was rushed on most plays and flushed from the pocket, and even sacked twice. I'm sure he picked up some bad habits on his first start as he got away with a few risky passes against a 1AAA club. The conditions were also terrible. I wonder how the concussion will affect Davis for the remainder of the season, as those take a awhile to fully recover from. So we may see more of Hosick, and I think he'll improve from a poor performance today. I must admit my optimism for this season is slipping away, but still think will be better than last year. The TV announcer talked about this becoming a "rivalry" game. Has the YSU FB program fallen that far?

Yes.

Only the 3rd week into the season and I feel football season is over :(

Big school favorite Oklahoma SUCKS!
My school YSU don't look good!
Miami Dolphins Should I say more!

Oh well there's always next year LOL~~

ysubigred
September 19th, 2016, 07:18 AM
No Ricky Davis, Eisenhuth or Webb but a 38-6 final. Bobby Morris offense is absolutely terrible. They finished with minus rushing yards. Hosick did not impress me at QB. Need to keep Ricky Davis healthy during conference play for this team to make any noise. Onto the bye week.

I hate to sound like negative Nancy here but Davis is on borrowed time when conference play starts. NDSU, ISU (r), UNI, WIU, and SIU all have mean defenses. In two weeks SD will bounce him around also. YSU is not built for the running QB!! Call me crazy but #6 is the best QB YSU has and he's not even seeing the field xconfusedx "IF" YSU had an "O" coordinator with half an imagination #6 would make things happen.

Paladin1aa
September 19th, 2016, 01:18 PM
Well, announced "attendance" was listed at 19033 !! LOL ! And that was for a highly embarrassing game against inferior competition. Anyone want to offer their estimate of the ACTUAL BUTTS IN SEATS that actually showed ?

The Yo Show
September 19th, 2016, 02:14 PM
Before or after the game got rain delayed? Because actual butts in seats before rain delay was ALOT higher than what I expected. Still much lower than 19033 however.

Paladin1aa
September 19th, 2016, 02:20 PM
Before & after :D

ytownchief22
September 19th, 2016, 02:59 PM
I hate to sound like negative Nancy here but Davis is on borrowed time when conference play starts. NDSU, ISU (r), UNI, WIU, and SIU all have mean defenses. In two weeks SD will bounce him around also. YSU is not built for the running QB!! Call me crazy but #6 is the best QB YSU has and he's not even seeing the field xconfusedx "IF" YSU had an "O" coordinator with half an imagination #6 would make things happen.

Lol, #6 is buried on the depth chart for good reason. Sitting duck in the pocket. Ricky is the best option if this team has any chance for playoffs.

ValleyTalk
September 19th, 2016, 07:35 PM
Lol, #6 is buried on the depth chart for good reason. Sitting duck in the pocket. Ricky is the best option if this team has any chance for playoffs.
I would not go that far. I believe Wells is still #2 but it is evident from him not playing last week that a redshirt appears to be in order for him. Perhaps he looking to go elsewhere after this season and wants two years?

ysubigred
September 20th, 2016, 08:04 AM

I'm not a coach like you and can't evaluate talent. I'll go out on a limb and say #6 will be the starter by attrition as the little 3rd grade girl leg strength running QB's get destroyed by the MVFC. Hell, we already have Ricky out with a concussion after a little over 5 Qtr.'s of playing time. The JUCO transfer xrolleyesx Mays xdohx So with your analogy playoff's are very dim.

That's all!