PDA

View Full Version : #11 Northern Iowa at #8 Eastern Washington

Pages : [1] 2

Professor Chaos
September 12th, 2016, 07:54 PM
No offense to the due process on the GOTW thread but I think it's pretty clear this is the FCS matchup of the week. I'm very interested to see how this one shapes up given the familiarity of both squads to my team. UNI is built very similarly to NDSU on defense with the same questions marks in the defensive secondary but they've looked decent in their first two games (T-40th in the FCS at 187 passing ypg allowed against two pretty good offenses).

That secondary will be put to the test this week on the red turf whether Cooper Kupp plays or not. I was incredibly impressed with EWU's QB Gage Gubrud last week and their receiving corps outside of Kupp. UNI is going to need to have their hands full even with as good of a defense as they have. Try to blitz Gubrud and he has the quick release to burn you. Sit back in coverage and (trust me) he'll buy the time he needs to burn if your pass rush isn't super disciplined and/or can't collapse the pocket around him.

However, EWU's defense hasn't looked stellar either and they're about to face what is likely the best dual threat rushing attack in the FCS.

I'm torn on this one but I'm gonna go with my MVFC brethren in a tight high scoring affair (once again for EWU). UNI 45, EWU 41.

Redbird007
September 12th, 2016, 08:24 PM
Northern Iowa question....how did Dewayne Collins play or did he play last week?

dewey
September 12th, 2016, 08:34 PM
I think with the new starters in the secondary for UNI that EWU will exploit them like they did to the Bison. I would imagine that UNI learns some lessons from NDSU on what not to do.

EWU 42
UNI 31

Dewey

dudeitsaid
September 12th, 2016, 08:42 PM
EWU will be challenged by multiple injuries. Currently, they have about eight players listed as questionable, likely for strategic reasons. I think many of them sit, including Cooper Kupp. One starter on D is out for the season, Karstetter, who ruptured his Achilles.

If the team, and especially Gubrud can maintain the energy they've brought to the first two games, I think the Eagles win at home. I think it will be slightly lower scoring than the NDSU game, and UNI will learn from NDSU's defensive schemes, and limit our offense a little more. But they won't be able to stop it entirely. I think last year, with one of the worst D's in the nation, we produced seven defensive stops against the Panthers. This years Defense is slightly better, IMO, though the stats don't look great. Also, I think the Panthers QB isn't the passing threat that Stick was.

I take EWU 38-35, a flip of last years score.

JSUBison
September 12th, 2016, 09:13 PM
I really hope the final score is 3-0. Doesn't even matter who wins, half of bisonville will stroke out, the other half will start a 50 page Fire Entz thread. I like it when people lose their ****, lol.

IBleedYellow
September 12th, 2016, 09:26 PM
Goodluck, UNI...

You're going to need it.

PantherRob82
September 12th, 2016, 09:40 PM
We're screwed. EWU 84 UNI 17

JayJ79
September 12th, 2016, 10:11 PM

impossible score. that would require UNI to make a FG.

dudeitsaid
September 12th, 2016, 10:15 PM
Article about EWU's injury woes.

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2016/sep/12/kupp-questionable-for-northern-iowa/

tomq04
September 12th, 2016, 10:23 PM
I think ewu covers by 10 at home this time. 45-35.

UNIFanSince1983
September 13th, 2016, 08:43 AM
Well we were 0-5 all time against Montana last week, and the streak continued.

We are 6-0 all time against EWU so hopefully the streak continues this week as well!

Bisonator
September 13th, 2016, 09:08 AM
I think the Eagles out score UNI in this one. They'll turn it into a track meet. It's what they do.

Jacks02
September 13th, 2016, 10:10 AM
What a huge game for both teams. 1-2 start to the season for one while the winner has an FBS win to go along with a quality OOC victory on their resume.

Should be a great game. I'm hoping UNI can win another for the MVFC, but EWU is awfully tough to beat at their place.

Sagarin is as close as you can get, UNI favored by 0.13 points on the road.

PantherRob82
September 13th, 2016, 10:16 AM
I think the Eagles out score UNI in this one. They'll turn it into a track meet. It's what they do.

I agree. It would be silly to assume UNI can outscore them at this point. We barely did it last year with 2 NFL players in the secondary.

neverobeyed
September 13th, 2016, 10:38 AM

God, I hate the honesty of this post.

CappinHard
September 13th, 2016, 11:48 AM
God, I hate the honesty of this post.

Would you rather have UNI's kicking game or Blair Walsh? Dude's got the yips. Bad.

Milktruck74
September 13th, 2016, 03:12 PM

not really, After getting their 84, EWU gets tired of scoring and takes 5 safeties....UNI scores one TD in Trash time.... It could Happen!!!!

BadlandsGrizFan
September 13th, 2016, 04:28 PM
I'll take UNI 34-27.

Bailey and Smith have a field day with EWUs horrible defense also limiting the touches EWU gets on Offense

No Kupp hurts..but they still have weapons all over on offense....less of a shoot out than most expect....UNI defense is very good.

Ivytalk
September 13th, 2016, 04:30 PM
Agreed. Advantage Eagles on the Big Red Tampon.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 13th, 2016, 04:53 PM

We are 6-0 all time against EWU so hopefully the streak continues this week as well!

I agree, everyone knows EWU is not that good of a "team" and they still dropped 500+ yards and 44 points on the Bison. Since UNI has a vastly superior defense than NDSU I see the score in the range of UNI 42 EWU 27...................ish It wouldnt be this close if you were not on the road.

ZERO reason you are not 7-0 when this one is over.

Silenoz
September 13th, 2016, 04:59 PM
I agree, everyone knows EWU is not that good of a "team" and they still dropped 500+ yards and 44 points on the Bison. Since UNI has a vastly superior defense than NDSU I see the score in the range of UNI 42 EWU 27...................ish It wouldnt be this close if you were not on the road.

ZERO reason you are not 7-0 when this one is over.
I honestly can never tell if you're doing some elaborate troll or not. I guess that is what you're going for.

kalm
September 13th, 2016, 05:17 PM
I honestly can never tell if you're doing some elaborate troll or not. I guess that is what you're going for.

Blackfalkin has been around. Alpha is hearing footsteps.

The Yo Show
September 13th, 2016, 05:56 PM
I'm not to confident on what to think for this game... but going to predict an EWU win. I think this is going to be an amazing game.

PantherRob82
September 13th, 2016, 06:01 PM
I'm not to confident on what to think for this game... but going to predict an EWU win. I think this is going to be an amazing game.

Can't we just schedule Robert Morris and Duquesne? xlolx

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 13th, 2016, 07:42 PM

Why does it always have to be a troll, why cant it just be my opinion? Hell most of the time I am right, just like last weeks Griz game when every idiot Griz fan was predicting a loss I insisted they would win, check FB or maroonblood.com

I am rarely wrong when it comes to football, you of all people should know that.

SUUTbird
September 13th, 2016, 08:48 PM
Despite Kupp possibly being out EWU has a lot of other great WR's, especially Shaq that guy is a beast. Going to go with my Big Sky brethren on this one:

EWU: 45
UNI: 35

TheRevSFA
September 13th, 2016, 09:11 PM
EWU takes it by 17

The Yo Show
September 13th, 2016, 10:30 PM
Can't we just schedule Robert Morris and Duquesne? xlolx

xbawlingx I would trade you for OOC scheduling

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 14th, 2016, 01:27 AM
EWU takes it by 17

Wanna bet a bottle of something or other on that 17 points? I could use more whiskey..........................

Twentysix
September 14th, 2016, 03:44 AM

Nope.

8 2 7 = 17

PantherRob82
September 14th, 2016, 09:47 AM
xbawlingx I would trade you for OOC scheduling

But then you wouldn't have the hope of possibly making the playoffs. At least this way you can start out with two or three easy wins and then can hope to go 4 + 4 in conference and then get left out of the playoffs. xlolx

nevadagriz
September 14th, 2016, 09:56 AM
UNI needs to bring pressure! You may get beat a few times but you can not let the EWU qb sit back and scan the field. I think UNI offense has a bounce back game and The RB and QB have great games. A fast start helps the panthers hold on for a close win!

Houndawg
September 14th, 2016, 11:13 AM
Why does it always have to be a troll, why cant it just be my opinion? Hell most of the time I am right, just like last weeks Griz game when every idiot Griz fan was predicting a loss I insisted they would win, check FB or maroonblood.com

I am rarely wrong when it comes to football, you of all people should know that.

Because we hate to think you're that feeble-minded....?xcoffeex

Houndawg
September 14th, 2016, 11:15 AM
EWU 's first game on The Rag this year, just after a heartbreaking OT loss to the national champs? EWU by 7.

Thumper 76
September 14th, 2016, 11:20 AM
Going to be interesting to see what happens with EWU playing a 3rd straight high end team. Will be interesting to see if that takes its toll in the second half. They have to be beat up to some extent.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 14th, 2016, 11:44 AM
Because we hate to think you're that feeble-minded....?xcoffeex

WOW, you really suck at this................just like last week xcoffeex

Southern Bison
September 14th, 2016, 12:20 PM
Going to be interesting to see what happens with EWU playing a 3rd straight high end team. Will be interesting to see if that takes its toll in the second half. They have to be beat up to some extent.
UNI is also playing their 3rd straight high end team (IA St., Montana) so both teams could be affected.

SE174 still in hiding?? Disappeared after the 2nd week has to be a new record.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

REALBird
September 14th, 2016, 02:25 PM
Northern Iowa question....how did Dewayne Collins play or did he play last week?

Doesn't appear on the 2016 Roster for UNI.

Red & Black
September 14th, 2016, 08:09 PM

We have played some incredible battles throughout the years, but all of them have been played @ UNI. The streak could continue, but this will be the first time in this series that it's been played in WA.

Red & Black
September 14th, 2016, 08:11 PM

We'll score points, but TO's will be the key. We were -3 in the TO margin against NDSU, and that was the difference, IMO. Despite going ahead late and having the chance to win it with a FG, had we take care of the ball better we'd have won that game. You won't win many going -3 in the TO margin. We took care of the ball against WSU, and that was the difference in that game, too.

We'll have to take our shots against a great UNI defense this weekend as well...I'm just hoping Gubrud doesn't give up any easy ones. He's still learning.

kalm
September 14th, 2016, 09:03 PM
One thing Bailey does well is take care of the football. He also scores a ton of touchdowns.

We've been torched by these type of QB's before (see SHSU).

But he also will need to make some plays in the passing game like Stick did on 3rd down.

Bisonator
September 14th, 2016, 09:53 PM
How can people watch this game?

SUPharmacist
September 14th, 2016, 10:04 PM

These games that we can't predict are great, they draw everyone in. Hope no one gets hurt and looking forward to the action.

awBison
September 14th, 2016, 11:10 PM
All I can say is good luck defending that EWU pass attack. That team has some unbelievable talent on offense.
I re-watched that game again and dang did those guys make some amazing plays.
Yes there were some plays where our D was out of place but many of those plays were simply impossible to defend against.
If they could just solidify there defense they would be a scary good team that would be pretty much unbeatable.

dudeitsaid
September 15th, 2016, 12:00 AM

Seems like most opportunities to watch this game are going to be based on geography. We have a local over the air channel called "SWX" that is also carried by some cable companies that will have it, mostly in the inland NW. Also, there is a "Watch SWX" app you could try. But my understanding is that it uses location services on your phone, and if you are outside of that geographic area, it won't stream on the app.

I was really hoping that this game would be on espn3, as I have to work out of town this weekend, and I don't think it is in the geographical area of the SWX app or broadcast area. xbangx

Jacks02
September 15th, 2016, 08:30 AM
According to this listing, it should be viewable on ESPN3.

http://www.bigskyconf.com/sports/2016/6/23/FB_0623161442.aspx?path=football

UNIFanSince1983
September 15th, 2016, 08:50 AM
I sure hope it is on ESPN3, however, I don't see it listed as being on ESPN3 anywhere so probably out of luck.

Bisonator
September 15th, 2016, 09:25 AM
I sure hope it is on ESPN3, however, I don't see it listed as being on ESPN3 anywhere so probably out of luck.

Yeah if not that ****ing sucks balls!

UNIFanSince1983
September 15th, 2016, 10:43 AM
Yeah us MVFC fans are spoiled to have all the games on ESPN3.

BadlandsGrizFan
September 15th, 2016, 11:43 AM
All I can say is good luck defending that EWU pass attack. That team has some unbelievable talent on offense.
I re-watched that game again and dang did those guys make some amazing plays.
Yes there were some plays where our D was out of place but many of those plays were simply impossible to defend against.
If they could just solidify there defense they would be a scary good team that would be pretty much unbeatable.

This has literally been said about EWU for the last 10 years...and they will never do it!

tomq04
September 15th, 2016, 01:00 PM
This has literally been said about EWU for the last 10 years...and they will never do it!

We did it one year, about 6 years ago.

kalm
September 15th, 2016, 01:01 PM

Except 2010.

kalm
September 15th, 2016, 01:02 PM
Looks like a front will be passing through in the afternoon. 75, 40% chance of rain and windy.

PantherRob82
September 15th, 2016, 01:05 PM
Looks like a front will be passing through in the afternoon. 75, 40% chance of rain and windy.

Lets go for wind gusts of 60mph and pouring rain. :D

Silenoz
September 15th, 2016, 01:16 PM
Except 2010.

Excuse my ignorance and/or ****ty memory, but that had to be one of your weakest passing attacks in recent memory, correct?

There's a moral here somewhere

UNIFanSince1983
September 15th, 2016, 02:01 PM
Excuse my ignorance and/or ****ty memory, but that had to be one of your weakest passing attacks in recent memory, correct?

There's a moral here somewhere

Odd isn't it that in 2010 they had Taiwan Jones rush for 1700+ yards and 14 TDs.

ysubigred
September 15th, 2016, 02:36 PM
Hey is Cap n Cat going to Cheney??

He's still crazy as ever!! LOL!!

https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?&id=OIP.M93b89daf96b7c22d30f82b1517690aa0H0&w=300&h=291&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0&r=0

tomq04
September 15th, 2016, 05:40 PM
Odd isn't it that in 2010 they had Taiwan Jones rush for 1700+ yards and 14 TDs.

That guy!

dudeitsaid
September 15th, 2016, 07:55 PM
Lets go for wind gusts of 60mph and pouring rain. :D

It's up to 60% chance of rain, 20 mph winds. Sounds like Weber St from last year, but against a much better team. This will not be good for our passing attack.

UNIFanSince1983
September 15th, 2016, 08:44 PM
It's up to 60% chance of rain, 20 mph winds. Sounds like Weber St from last year, but against a much better team. This will not be good for our passing attack.

That won't make for a good football game, but I do think it plays to our advantage. Rain isn't as big of a deal for a passing game, but the wind can really reek some havoc.

kalm
September 16th, 2016, 10:20 AM
Now an 80% chance after 11:00, wind gusts to 30, 1/4 to a 1/2 inch predicted. High of 68.

PantherRob82
September 16th, 2016, 10:40 AM
Now an 80% chance after 11:00, wind gusts to 30, 1/4 to a 1/2 inch predicted. High of 68.

More wind! xlolx

UNIFanSince1983
September 16th, 2016, 10:42 AM
Should be a wonderful night for football...

dudeitsaid
September 16th, 2016, 10:57 AM

This is about the best case scenario for the Panthers. If last year's game is an indicator, it will really negate our offensive strengths. We have some young running backs that could have a break out game, but it's going to be interesting!

PantherRob82
September 16th, 2016, 11:13 AM
This is about the best case scenario for the Panthers. If last year's game is an indicator, it will really negate our offensive strengths. We have some young running backs that could have a break out game, but it's going to be interesting!

If we played a game with no WRs or DBs I would pick UNI by 17+. More wind please. xlolx If EWU can pass like usual I say Eagles by 10-14.

Southern Bison
September 16th, 2016, 11:54 AM
Wind direction?? (field runs a few degrees off North/South)

A cross wind at 20-30 mph will ruin EWU's passing attack.

PantherRob82
September 16th, 2016, 12:01 PM

I need 60mph, swirling.

neverobeyed
September 16th, 2016, 12:42 PM
I need 60mph, swirling.

Won't that affect our FG unit ... oh.

BisonBacker
September 16th, 2016, 12:59 PM
I'm very much looking forward to this game. Should be another great FCS matchup!!

X-Factor
September 16th, 2016, 03:28 PM

Looks like South Southwest at 20mph. I actually don't know how much it will affect EWU. They basically throw up wounded ducks all game and their WR will always come down with it. UNI has a big advantage in that they get to see the NDSU game tape. I bet Farley has some ideas on how to improve defensive formation from what we ran. We also softened them up a bit with injuries and such. Still, this game is in Cheney and as historically bad as the NDSU pass D is right now, UNI's is certainly no better. I also don't see UNI scoring a bunch of points, although I could be wrong.

Hmmmm hmmmm this is a tough game to call and could go either way. It better be on ESPN3 that's all I have to say. I'll go with the home team as the difference maker this time.

kalm
September 16th, 2016, 05:49 PM
Looks like South Southwest at 20mph. I actually don't know how much it will affect EWU. They basically throw up wounded ducks all game and their WR will always come down with it. UNI has a big advantage in that they get to see the NDSU game tape. I bet Farley has some ideas on how to improve defensive formation from what we ran. We also softened them up a bit with injuries and such. Still, this game is in Cheney and as historically bad as the NDSU pass D is right now, UNI's is certainly no better. I also don't see UNI scoring a bunch of points, although I could be wrong.

Hmmmm hmmmm this is a tough game to call and could go either way. It better be on ESPN3 that's all I have to say. I'll go with the home team as the difference maker this time.

Yep...that's us...a just throw it up for grabs type bunch...

POD Knows
September 16th, 2016, 05:58 PM
Yep...that's us...a just throw it up for grabs type bunch...

Yep, Bison effect, UNI by 20 or something, who the hell knows, Book it.

wmmii
September 16th, 2016, 10:29 PM
UNI wins IMO.

cx500d
September 16th, 2016, 11:29 PM
If UNI doesn't use the Bison defense plan (i.e. rush 3, play prevent), UNI should win. That was not a good defense plan.

dudeitsaid
September 17th, 2016, 01:48 AM

FYI, just tried the watchSWX app on my phone, and the stream is really smooth and nice (I've never been so happy to think of watching a game on a phone...). They are just streaming their over the air TV content. I'm in the boonies for work, but in Washington still. May be worth a try to see if you can get it to work in your neck of the woods. Seems it can be limited to people based on their location.

dudeitsaid
September 17th, 2016, 02:15 AM
FYI, another way to watch this game is streaming through Big Sky TV on Eversport.

http://eversport.tv/big-sky/football

Ronin
September 17th, 2016, 08:11 AM
UNI's lack of an offense and inability to put up points will easily have this in EWU's favor.

EWU 34
UNI 14

UNI has a good chance of going 3-8 this season.

uni88
September 17th, 2016, 08:18 AM
FYI, just tried the watchSWX app on my phone, and the stream is really smooth and nice (I've never been so happy to think of watching a game on a phone...). They are just streaming their over the air TV content. I'm in the boonies for work, but in Washington still. May be worth a try to see if you can get it to work in your neck of the woods. Seems it can be limited to people based on their location.

It's also scheduled to be on Comcast SportsNet Chicago-PLUS in the midwest.

UNIFanSince1983
September 17th, 2016, 08:27 AM
Why do UNI fans think our offense is terrible? We had a bad game against a good defense last week. I am positive our offense will be fine. Our secondary against a very strong EWU passing game is what worries me in this game.

Bisonator
September 17th, 2016, 09:05 AM
FYI, another way to watch this game is streaming through Big Sky TV on Eversport.

http://eversport.tv/big-sky/football

Thanks! Looks like I'll have to take this route.

tomq04
September 17th, 2016, 09:19 AM
20+ mph winds is a huge negative for EWU. My original 42-35 guesstimate EWU will be reduced to 21-14 with EWU still finding a way to win.

Wild ass prediction: No Field goals made this whole game.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 17th, 2016, 10:40 AM
What if a kicker misses so bad it accidentally goes through?

VikingPSU
September 17th, 2016, 11:48 AM
Then it isn't a miss.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 17th, 2016, 11:53 AM
What if the kick would have missed without the wind?

neverobeyed
September 17th, 2016, 11:56 AM

We drink, of course.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 17th, 2016, 12:03 PM
UNI

PantherRob82
September 17th, 2016, 12:13 PM

We will make FGs because he would normally miss.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 17th, 2016, 12:36 PM
We will make FGs because he would normally miss.
See, you get it

fencer24
September 17th, 2016, 06:11 PM
UNI with the ball is showing once again that EWU has no defense.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 17th, 2016, 06:15 PM
Ewu has at least 4500 fans there today. nice pull

fencer24
September 17th, 2016, 06:17 PM
7-0 UNI on their opening drive.

fencer24
September 17th, 2016, 06:21 PM
3 and out for EWU. I am becoming more sure that UNI will continue their streak against EWU

grizband
September 17th, 2016, 06:22 PM
Northern Iowa holds EWU, and returns the punt to the 50 yard line...great field position to start the drive

Bison56
September 17th, 2016, 06:23 PM
Can't watch the game, but would love to know what D UNI is using/doing?

grizband
September 17th, 2016, 06:26 PM
Can't watch the game, but would love to know what D UNI is using/doing?
Try this site:

http://eversport.tv/big-sky/football/2016/9/17/11-northern-iowa-at-7-eastern-washington

fencer24
September 17th, 2016, 06:27 PM
Hard to say. They were only on the field for three plays.

grizband
September 17th, 2016, 06:29 PM
Northern Iowa missed a 30 yard field goal attempt

UNI 7
EWU 0

First quarter

dudeitsaid
September 17th, 2016, 06:30 PM
Man! The wind almost pushed that FG in! :D

grizband
September 17th, 2016, 06:32 PM
UNI intercepts Gubrud pass, returns it to about the 20

dudeitsaid
September 17th, 2016, 06:34 PM
Ugh, this is ugly already...xbangx

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 17th, 2016, 06:37 PM
UNI just pissing down their leg, if they run the ball they are up 21-0 in the first instead of 10-0

fencer24
September 17th, 2016, 06:40 PM
Eastern seems to be handling the run game reasonably well. But Bailey can pass when he has time.

- - - Updated - - -

Man, casualties are tremendous.

The Kicker
September 17th, 2016, 06:44 PM
Man is that wind going to slow down the EW passing attack?

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 17th, 2016, 06:47 PM
Eastern seems to be handling the run game reasonably well. But Bailey can pass when he has time.

- - - Updated - - -

Man, casualties are tremendous.

Baily cant pass, he can throw all day but nothing will be there unless its a mistake.

fencer24
September 17th, 2016, 06:53 PM
Wow! EWU has just had two first downs! Maybe they have a chance.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 17th, 2016, 06:56 PM
That was not a TD.....undisputed proof he never had a foot down

Bisonator
September 17th, 2016, 06:56 PM
Hey guys if you have Dish the games on channel 442.

fencer24
September 17th, 2016, 06:57 PM
I agree. Sorry EWU

dudeitsaid
I don't think it was either...sucks.

fencer24
Hey guys if you have Dish the games on channel 442.
I have them on 412-30

Bisonator
September 17th, 2016, 06:58 PM
TD!

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 17th, 2016, 06:58 PM
UNI gets ****ed

dudeitsaid
September 17th, 2016, 06:59 PM
Actually, there is an angle where it looks like his tip touches.

fencer24
September 17th, 2016, 07:00 PM
Is that TD payback for NDSU reffing?

PantherRob82
How in the **** did they confirm TD with that replay?

Bisonator
I have them on 412-30

Yeah it's on an ALT sports channel here in ND.

ALPHAGRIZ1
Nope there wasnt, his foot was INCHES above the ground on eversport and on DirecTV.............it wasnt even close to a TD

PantherRob82

The tip of what? His right hip?

Bisonator
September 17th, 2016, 07:01 PM

Yep looked like he got a piece of butt cheek in.xlolx

TheKingpin28
September 17th, 2016, 07:01 PM
Is that TD payback for NDSU reffing?

Oh please dont even start. Just dont.

dudeitsaid
September 17th, 2016, 07:02 PM
The tip of what? His right hip?

Just saying there was an angle that made it tough for the replay official, Bill Fette to overturn.

fencer24
September 17th, 2016, 07:03 PM
Oh please dont even start. Just dont.

Too late

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 17th, 2016, 07:05 PM
UNI need to keep throwing the ball.............if they run it they get TDs

fencer24
September 17th, 2016, 07:05 PM
TD UNI

clenz
September 17th, 2016, 07:13 PM
Just saying there was an angle that made it tough for the replay official, Bill Fette to overturn.

Nothing about it was close.

https://vimeo.com/183153267
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160918/2bb2e401434f4c75f501909ad00d1bcd.jpg

Twentysix
September 17th, 2016, 07:17 PM
That was a super blown call on the EWU TD. I don't know why we even have replay, cause they clearly don't care.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 17th, 2016, 07:18 PM
That was a super blown call on the EWU TD. I don't know why we even have replay, cause they clearly don't care.
This

Its amazing how they **** it up at every level, every week

Twentysix
September 17th, 2016, 07:18 PM
Looks like the Eags are getting dumpstered. Side note, why the heck does EWU shorten the word Eagle? It's five freaking letters long... and eags sounds like the descriptive word for tiny turds.

dudeitsaid
September 17th, 2016, 07:19 PM
Nothing about it was close.

https://vimeo.com/183153267
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160918/2bb2e401434f4c75f501909ad00d1bcd.jpg

You should watch that a little more closely. His foot does what any foot naturally does when the tip hits. There was an even better angle on the feed, but I can't capture it. I think it was the last angle they showed. I thought it wasn't a touchdown either until I saw the last angle. And after seeing that replay and the one you posted, I think his tip hit. Not trying to be a homer, I called it out initially. Just saying I can see why the play stands.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 17th, 2016, 07:19 PM
Oh and I cannot WAIT to play EWU,

fencer24
September 17th, 2016, 07:20 PM
Difference between this week and last seems to be the Griz were able to get penetration on defense that the Eagles can't.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 17th, 2016, 07:20 PM
Nice hold by Ewu that wasnt called

clenz
September 17th, 2016, 07:21 PM
You should watch that a little more closely. His foot does what any foot naturally does when the tip hits. There was an even better angle on the feed, but I can't capture it. I think it was the last angle they showed. I thought it wasn't a touchdown either until I saw the last angle. And after seeing that replay and the one you posted, I think his tip hit. Not trying to be a homer, I called it out initially. Just saying I can see why the play stands.

No. Hat foot wasn't even close. You can see he defenders foot under his foot the entire time

Twentysix
September 17th, 2016, 07:22 PM
Difference between this week and last seems to be the Griz were able to get penetration on defense that the Eagles can't.

Maybe it's windy?

- - - Updated - - -

No. Hat foot wasn't even close. You can see he defenders foot under his foot the entire time

So, on the best angle on tv, which the announcer confirmed were the only angles that the review booth had to work with, it was pretty clear that at any given point the recievers foot was no closer than 4-5 inches from the ground. The first thing to hit the ground was his hip/ass and it was squarely out of bounds.

fencer24
September 17th, 2016, 07:22 PM
Another difference seems to be that EWU's receivers seem to catch the ball.

IBleedYellow
September 17th, 2016, 07:23 PM
Another difference seems to be that EWU's receivers seem to catch the ball.
Trigger warning.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

fencer24
September 17th, 2016, 07:28 PM
Okay, refs suck in an equal opportunity sort of way.

SUUTbird
September 17th, 2016, 07:28 PM
EWU's offense seems surprisingly flat today, hoping UNI becomes complacent

fencer24
September 17th, 2016, 07:29 PM
EWU's offense seems surprisingly flat today, hoping UNI becomes complacent

I hope we don't have a stalemate in the second half like last week.

Silenoz
September 17th, 2016, 07:31 PM
So, still no-one else in the Big Sky that's going to knock off MVFC anytime soon. Nice job guys! lol

TheKingpin28
September 17th, 2016, 07:31 PM
so it just 503ed on me. xbawlingx

SUUTbird
September 17th, 2016, 07:36 PM
So, still no-one else in the Big Sky that's going to knock off MVFC anytime soon. Nice job guys! lol

North Dakota beat South Dakota and Cal Poly is up on SDSU at Halftime, Jackrabbits have no idea how to stop the option

PantherRob82
September 17th, 2016, 07:38 PM
North Dakota beat South Dakota and Cal Poly is up on SDSU at Halftime, Jackrabbits have no idea how to stop the option

Dang it, Alpha! You jinxed USD

X-Factor
September 17th, 2016, 07:39 PM

Yep. CP playing well and Jack's D looking atrocious. It will be an interesting 2nd jalf!

PantherRob82
September 17th, 2016, 07:40 PM
Yep. CP playing well and Jack's D looking atrocious. It will be an interesting 2nd jalf!

2nd half will be a Jack Attack!

Twentysix
September 17th, 2016, 07:41 PM
What is the jalf? I thought their field was called lesbian or dyke or something?

veinup
September 17th, 2016, 07:44 PM
what is happening to ewu

dudeitsaid
September 17th, 2016, 07:49 PM
what is happening to ewu

We don't have a running game, and our QB has done well when weather is not a factor. Seems he's having to adjust to the weather a bit. And, of course, Kupp would have kept a couple of our drives alive. We have really good receivers when the QB is on point for the most part, but Kupp is just clutch. I think it's the right call to sit him though. More important to have him during conference play.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 17th, 2016, 08:02 PM
Nice hold that wasnt called

Twentysix
September 17th, 2016, 08:05 PM
Does Cheney really have a place called Bi-Mart?

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 17th, 2016, 08:09 PM
Why does UNI play not to lose all the time? They are pissing down their leg the entire game. Its no secret, run the ball, run the ball, run the ball and if you have to on 4th down, run the ball.

PantherRob82
September 17th, 2016, 08:11 PM
Great interception. Could be a devastating injury if Schult doesn't return......

- - - Updated - - -

Why does UNI play not to lose all the time? They are pissing down their leg the entire game. Its no secret, run the ball, run the ball, run the ball and if you have to on 4th down, run the ball.

That's our team identity.

PantherRob82
September 17th, 2016, 08:13 PM
We should never attempt another FG

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 17th, 2016, 08:13 PM
Stupid FG attempt, just run the ball Jesus

dudeitsaid
September 17th, 2016, 08:14 PM
Why would they try to kick in that situation. The wind in your face? Would've been better to try to convert.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 17th, 2016, 08:16 PM
Keep me updated, I turned the channel so I dont need to listen to Shoota................

Bisonator
September 17th, 2016, 08:18 PM
Gubrud looks like crap tonight. Stiles also has dropped a few big catches that he made against NDSU. EWU needs to build a dome if they're going to run an air raid or at least get a running game to go with it.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 17th, 2016, 08:19 PM
How is that not taunting?

clenz
September 17th, 2016, 08:20 PM
How is that not taunting?

Or targeting

PantherRob82
September 17th, 2016, 08:26 PM
Alpha's favorite Panther, Charlie Brown, gets beat.

Why the **** is Vernon Adams on the broadcast? Shouldn't he be at the Oregon-Nebraska game?

dudeitsaid
September 17th, 2016, 08:28 PM
Or targeting

LOL, got a slo-mo video clip for that one? C'mon man, that was a great hit. You'd be celebrating it if it was your player laying that wood!

Bisonator
September 17th, 2016, 08:28 PM
Alpha's favorite Panther, Charlie Brown, gets beat.

Why the **** is Vernon Adams on the broadcast? Shouldn't he be at the Oregon-Nebraska game?
Lol or in Canada?

Twentysix
September 17th, 2016, 08:30 PM
Man Bailey throws like a RB. Kid sucks. xlolx

PantherRob82
September 17th, 2016, 08:31 PM
Charlie Brown on blown coverage again. Not looking good.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 17th, 2016, 08:35 PM
These IDIOT announcers are talking about the wind, like its the only time the wind has ever blown in a football game, then when the QBs adjust and throw ropes they are saying "put some air under it"

RETARDS

- - - Updated - - -

My prediction is another 3 and out for UNI with Bailey goin 0-3 on this drive

PantherRob82
September 17th, 2016, 08:37 PM
These IDIOT announcers are talking about the wind, like its the only time the wind has ever blown in a football game, then when the QBs adjust and throw ropes they are saying "put some air under it"

RETARDS

- - - Updated - - -

My prediction is another 3 and out for UNI with Bailey goin 0-3 on this drive

Right on the 3 and out. We might as well take a knee.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 17th, 2016, 08:46 PM
Yeah you guys are better fans than I am.......I seriously cant watch UNI play anymore. Two weeks in a row is enough

dudeitsaid
September 17th, 2016, 08:47 PM
Wow, I'm shocked at the turn of events this half!

PantherRob82
September 17th, 2016, 08:47 PM
Yeah you guys are better fans than I am.......I seriously cant watch UNI play anymore. Two weeks in a row is enough

Yeah. Really frustrating.

Bisonator
September 17th, 2016, 08:52 PM
Wow, I'm shocked at the turn of events this half!
i'm not

PantherRob82
September 17th, 2016, 08:53 PM
Deep ball thrown to a WR. Nice

Bison56
September 17th, 2016, 08:54 PM
Score, time?

PantherRob82
September 17th, 2016, 08:55 PM
Wow. 3 straight completions.

- - - Updated - - -

28-24 EWU 11:16

- - - Updated - - -

Don't kick a FG.

Ok. He made it.

- - - Updated - - -

28-27. 11:12

grizband
September 17th, 2016, 08:56 PM
Is this on direct tv anywhere?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

SUUTbird
September 17th, 2016, 09:10 PM
Cal Poly beats SDSU! Big Sky and MVFC now each have 3 wins and 3 losses against the other conference, let's go EWU!!

Twentysix
September 17th, 2016, 09:12 PM
Good god bailey is an awful passer.

JSUSoutherner
September 17th, 2016, 09:14 PM
Just pulled up the game on my ESPN app to see how the game was going and saw that Hennessey was taking snaps, what happened to Gubrud?

PantherRob82
September 17th, 2016, 09:15 PM
We are determined to attempt a ton of FGs. Shocked we made it.

Twentysix
Just pulled up the game on my ESPN app to see how the game was going and saw that Hennessey was taking snaps, what happened to Gubrud?

http://eversport.tv/big-sky/football/2016/9/17/11-northern-iowa-at-7-eastern-washington

BisonBacker
30-28 UNI

Bisonator

He sucked and got pulled.

TheKingpin28
What a kick

BisonBacker
September 17th, 2016, 09:16 PM
What a kick
Helps when you have a hurricane force wind at your back xlolx

TheKingpin28
September 17th, 2016, 09:17 PM
Helps when you have a hurricane force wind at your back xlolx

According to the announcers, who are non-homerish in any way, he should never have attempted that "lengthy" kick

fencer24
September 17th, 2016, 09:22 PM
Okay, I appear to have been wrong. Looks like EWU will pull it out.

Bisonator
I wouldn't count on a FG with that wind.

BisonBacker
This game going down to the wire.

PantherRob82
September 17th, 2016, 09:23 PM
This game going down to the wire.

Not really. It's been over since the 2nd half kickoff.

BisonBacker
September 17th, 2016, 09:23 PM
Wow what a stupid penalty on EWU

Bisonator
September 17th, 2016, 09:24 PM
Jesus a delay coming out of to.

BisonBacker
September 17th, 2016, 09:25 PM
Wow another bad EWU penalty. Not making this easy on their kicker.

Bisonator
Jfc EWU is killing themselves with penalty's

PantherRob82
Just get this over with. :(

BisonBacker
September 17th, 2016, 09:26 PM
how was that not faceguarding on the UNI defender?

PantherRob82
Wow. Fake FG for a TD

grizband
Comes down to this play

BisonBacker
Holy ****

Bisonator
Wow fake FG for the TD!

BisonBacker
Fake FG and they get a TD

dudeitsaid
September 17th, 2016, 09:27 PM
OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

TheKingpin28
Thats ballsy.

PantherRob82
how was that not faceguarding on the UNI defender?

Simple. That's not a thing.

Bisonator
Baldwin has balls!

grizband
Fake field goal, td pass EWU!

The Kicker
September 17th, 2016, 09:29 PM
WOW

SUUTbird
September 17th, 2016, 09:30 PM
BIG FLUFFY MY ASS!!

BisonBacker
September 17th, 2016, 09:30 PM
Simple. That's not a thing.

You don't know squat. It's illegal if you make contact with the offensive player and you don't turn around 'faceguarding'. Look it up it "is a thing"

BisonBacker
September 17th, 2016, 09:31 PM
UNI ****s the bed wow.

centennial
September 17th, 2016, 09:31 PM
BIG FLUFFY MY ASS!!

SDSU and UNI are ****ting the bed.

Bisonator
September 17th, 2016, 09:32 PM
Fumble and the Eagles are going to win it.

PantherRob82
You don't know squat. It's illegal if you make contact with the offensive player and you don't turn around 'faceguarding'. Look it up it "is a thing"

It's not. Contact is illegal. Faceguarding is the term used for not turning around. xrolleyesx

Thumper 76
BIG FLUFFY MY ASS!!

55-10 shut up

dudeitsaid
YEEEEAAAAHHHHH, Fricken heck yeah!

Sorry, couldn't make it to the game, gotta cheer on here! What a freaking comeback! UNI is tough as nails, glad we could finally pull one out and break the streak!

PantherRob82
That was a great UNI ending to a game.

SUUTbird
September 17th, 2016, 09:34 PM
55-10 shut up

Big Sky 4-3 this year so you can shove it!!

Thumper 76
September 17th, 2016, 09:35 PM

Only cause we didn't play you ;)

centennial
That was a great UNI ending to a game.
As is tradition.

cpalum
Cal Poly and EWU pulling through for the Big Sky

dudeitsaid
September 17th, 2016, 09:36 PM
55-10 shut up

You're time has passed...

J/K, MVFC is fricken solid, just glad to see several BSC teams hanging with the might Valley teams. And all of these games have been close and exciting, though not necessarily pretty in some cases.

kalm
September 17th, 2016, 09:41 PM
I'm not sure what just happened.

grizband
September 17th, 2016, 09:42 PM
Dang close to 5-2...

PantherRob82
September 17th, 2016, 09:44 PM
I'm not sure what just happened.

UNI happened

JayJ79
September 17th, 2016, 09:49 PM
UNI just pissing down their leg, if they run the ball they are up 21-0 in the first instead of 10-0

there's a reason yellow/gold is a school color

semobison
September 17th, 2016, 09:52 PM

Good weekend for the BSC, won some close games. Cal Poly was impressive, UND beat a team that has gone 6-26 in the Valley since 2012 and EWU can score with anybody! It's a long season, I'd wait till playoff time before I get to cocky. That didn't go too well for you all last season.

grizband
September 17th, 2016, 09:53 PM
Good weekend for the BSC, won some close games. Cal Poly was impressive, UND beat a team that has gone 6-26 in the Valley since 2012 and EWU can score with anybody! It's a long season, I'd wait till playoff time before I get to cocky. That didn't go too well for you all last season.
Not as much cocky, as just happy to be over the hump!

SUUTbird
September 17th, 2016, 09:54 PM

Nothing cocky about it, just happy that the Big Sky made some progress against the MVFC this season when compared to the past.

semobison
September 17th, 2016, 09:56 PM
Dang close to 5-2...

Dang close to 2-5! Congrats to Poly, UND and EWU for winning today! Best weekend for you all in a while.

Aeacos
September 17th, 2016, 09:58 PM
This has all the makings of a long season filled with missed opportunities for UNI

grizband
September 17th, 2016, 10:04 PM
Dang close to 2-5! Congrats to Poly, UND and EWU for winning today! Best weekend for you all in a while.
Yep, amazing how little delineation exists there...NDSU could just as easily be 0-3, as they are 3-0...Just like the Griz are a couple plays from the same

grizband
September 17th, 2016, 10:05 PM

centennial
September 17th, 2016, 10:10 PM
The upper part of the Big Sky has always been strong. It's the middle and lower teams that are weak. MVFC is a stronger league 3-9, we don't count Missouri State.

Red & Black
September 17th, 2016, 10:10 PM
Yep, amazing how little delineation exists there...NDSU could just as easily be 0-3, as they are 3-0...Just like the Griz are a couple plays from the same

Little margin for error. EWU is a missed FG away from being 3-0 with a win over NDSU.

Also, crazy game. Not sure what I just watched...it'll take a little time to process after that horrible first half. Glad we won.

semobison
September 17th, 2016, 10:11 PM

Yup, that's why they play the games! The only big surprise for me today in these games was Poly running for 500 yards against SDSU! Not sure if they are that good or if the Jacks are going to be weak defensively which usually isn't the case!

Southern Bison
September 17th, 2016, 10:23 PM
Nothing cocky about it, just happy that the Big Sky made some progress against the MVFC this season when compared to the past.
Let's see how the Big Fluffy does when the playoffs arrive...business as usual?

veinup
September 17th, 2016, 10:25 PM

zing

shots fired

SUUTbird
September 17th, 2016, 10:30 PM

Meaning SDSU losing to Montana yet again? ;)

Southern Bison
September 17th, 2016, 10:31 PM
Meaning a BSC team doesn't make it to Frisco.

Bison56
September 17th, 2016, 10:31 PM

Ouch

mmiller_34
September 17th, 2016, 10:35 PM

SUU's last two meetings with SDSU hasn't been too fun for the Thunderbirds. Not surprised they have to use another team to smack us. xcoffeex

PantherRob82
September 17th, 2016, 10:43 PM
SUU's last two meetings with SDSU hasn't been too fun for the Thunderbirds. Not surprised they have to use another team to smack us. xcoffeex

Didn't do well against UNI either.

Bison56
September 17th, 2016, 10:48 PM
Coat tail riderxcoffeex

Thumper 76
September 17th, 2016, 10:52 PM

Yeah I would use Montana if I was an SUU fan too seeing as their last two meetings with SDSU has totaled up to be 81-16 xcoffeex

SUUTbird
September 17th, 2016, 10:54 PM
Lots of salty MVFC fans on here right now xcoffeex

TheKingpin28
September 17th, 2016, 11:06 PM

U mad bro? Remember that one time where SUU won more than 1 playoff game in their history of FCS Playoffs? Yeah neither do I... Remember that one time where SUU had an overall winning record? Yeah neither do I... At least SDSU has a winning record. So before you go on riding the coattails of others, take a look in the mirror. At least EWU, Montana, and MSU have done something to bolster the BSC, talk to myself and AGS when SUU can say the same.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 17th, 2016, 11:11 PM
SUU is light years better than montana state, dont add them into any conversation about good teams, hell you cant even add them to an average team list.

tomq04
September 17th, 2016, 11:16 PM
SUU is light years better than montana state, dont add them into any conversation about good teams, hell you cant even add them to an average team list.

Slow down AG, they were good one year...i think?

Katfan
September 17th, 2016, 11:28 PM
Not if Shsu is in their bracket

TheKingpin28
September 17th, 2016, 11:37 PM

I mean MSU did win a championship...

PantherRob82
September 17th, 2016, 11:45 PM

xlolx

SUUTbird
September 17th, 2016, 11:47 PM
U mad bro? Remember that one time where SUU won more than 1 playoff game in their history of FCS Playoffs? Yeah neither do I... Remember that one time where SUU had an overall winning record? Yeah neither do I... At least SDSU has a winning record. So before you go on riding the coattails of others, take a look in the mirror. At least EWU, Montana, and MSU have done something to bolster the BSC, talk to myself and AGS when SUU can say the same.

Wow can you say triggered? xlolx God forbid I'm happy to see the Big Sky Conference as a whole do better this season than it has in the past against the MVFC and root for other Big Sky schools in OOC play. Much like many of you seem to do, hypocrite much? xcoffeex