PDA

View Full Version : Remember 9.11 today

VictoryViking
September 11th, 2016, 12:41 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23506&stc=1

Sorry NFL Protesters for the flag in the picture....Remembrance not hate.

catamount man
September 11th, 2016, 12:49 PM
I remember flipping on the radio early that morning and hearing about a plane crashing into the WTC. At first I thought either the pilot was drunk or had a heart attack. Then news of a second plane crashing into the WTC and I knew something was wrong. May we always remember the lives lost on that day but in no way do we need to let this tragic incident make us hateful and bigoted towards those different from us.

VictoryViking
September 11th, 2016, 12:50 PM
I remember flipping on the radio early that morning and hearing about a plane crashing into the WTC. At first I thought either the pilot was drunk or had a heart attack. Then news of a second plane crashing into the WTC and I knew something was wrong. May we always remember the lives lost on that day but in no way do we need to let this tragic incident make us hateful and bigoted towards those different from us.

Well said.

veinup
September 11th, 2016, 01:19 PM
sad day all around. sad for the people who lost friends and relatives, sad for the people that died. sad that we let it lead us to a million bull**** foreign policy decisions that were terrible mistakes. sad for all of the anti-muslim hate it generated. RIP to the deceased.

catamount man
September 11th, 2016, 02:10 PM
sad day all around. sad for the people who lost friends and relatives, sad for the people that died. sad that we let it lead us to a million bull**** foreign policy decisions that were terrible mistakes. sad for all of the anti-muslim hate it generated. RIP to the deceased. Amen.

VictoryViking
September 11th, 2016, 04:39 PM
sad day all around. sad for the people who lost friends and relatives, sad for the people that died. sad that we let it lead us to a million bull**** foreign policy decisions that were terrible mistakes. sad for all of the anti-muslim hate it generated. RIP to the deceased.

Well Said

OL FU
September 11th, 2016, 07:44 PM
Before 9/11 I travelled to nyc between 25 and 40 times a year on business. Loved that city. Spent every week night from early April to the end of July 2001 in the Marriott between the towers. Walked out the door every morning at 8:50 to walk to 59 maiden lane. (Thomas Jeffersons address when he was sec of state). When I heard I was speechless. My first selfish thought was move me up a couple of months and I would have walked out the door of the hotel when the first plane hit. I am a little embarrassed at my selfish side given the sacrifices made by so many. But honestly I am glad I wasn't there when it happened. Still my relationship with nyc and it's wonderful people makes this day hurt more.

Fordham
September 11th, 2016, 07:57 PM
Well done and thank you, VV. NYC resident on 9/11. NYC resident now. The further we get from that awful day the more I understand my parents and grandparents' rememberance of Pearl Harbor. It really left a mark that will never go away.

Thank you