Mercer at Georgia Tech
Wofford at Ole Miss
Furman at The Citadel
Gardner-Webb at Western Carolina
VMI at Morehead State
Samford at Central Arkansas

------------------------------------------------------------------- my picks

Presbyterian College (0-1) at Chattanooga (1-0) 2 pm ET
The Blue Hose lost to Central Michigan by a final score of 49-3 last Saturday, and will lose to the Mocs 35-10 in Chattanooga.

Mercer (0-1) at Georgia Tech (1-0) 3 pm ET
The Bears dropped a one-point game to The Citadel last Saturday, while the Yellow Jackets beat Boston College. The Bears lose again, this time by a final score of 38-10.

Wofford (1-0) at #11 Ole Miss 5 pm ET
Old Miss is too much for the Terriers as they fall to Ole Miss by a 49-14 final score.

Furman (0-1) at The Citadel (1-0, 1-0 Southern) 6 pm ET
The Paladins are not up to beating the Bulldogs in Charleston and fall by a final score of 14-27 to the Bulldogs.

VMI (0-1) at Morehead State (0-1) 6 pm ET
MSU fell last week by a final score of 80-7 to James Madison. The outcome will be the same for Morehead State, as the Keydets pick up their first road win by a 49-14 final score over MSU.

Gardner-Webb (1-0) at Western Carolina (0-1) 6 pm ET
The Runnin' Bulldogs beat Elon by a final score of 31-6 on the road and travel to Cullowhee this week expecting to trip up the Cats as well. One week's preparation time is probably not enough for the Cats to field a decent defense, and the Dogs run over the Cats 27-17.

Samford (1-0) at Central Arkansas (1-0) 7 pm ET
Central Arkansas beat Houston Baptist 56-12 while the Bulldogs ran over Mars Hill 77-7. Even though the game is on the road for the Bulldogs, they remain unbeaten by a final score of 35-27.

Power Ranking
Chattanooga
The Citadel
Wofford
Samford
Mercer
Furman
Western Carolina
VMI
ETSU

catamount man
September 5th, 2016, 06:42 AM
Saturday, September 10

Presbyterian at Chattanooga
Mercer at Georgia Tech
Wofford at Ole Miss
Furman at The Citadel
VMI at Morehead State

The Blue Hose lost to Central Michigan by a final score of 49-3 last Saturday, and will lose to the Mocs 35-10 in Chattanooga.

The Bears dropped a one-point game to The Citadel last Saturday, while the Yellow Jackets beat Boston College. The Bears lose again, this time by a final score of 38-10.

Old Miss is too much for the Terriers as they fall to Ole Miss by a 49-14 final score.

The Paladins are not up to beating the Bulldogs in Charleston and fall by a final score of 14-27 to the Bulldogs.

MSU fell last week by a final score of 80-7 to James Madison. The outcome will be the same for Morehead State, as the Keydets pick up their first road win by a 49-14 final score over MSU.

The Runnin' Bulldogs beat Elon by a final score of 31-6 on the road and travel to Cullowhee this week expecting to trip up the Cats as well. One week's preparation time is probably not enough for the Cats to field a decent defense, and the Dogs run over the Cats 27-17.

Central Arkansas beat Houston Baptist 56-12 while the Bulldogs ran over Mars Hill 77-7. Even though the game is on the road for the Bulldogs, they remain unbeaten by a final score of 35-27.

Power Ranking
Chattanooga
The Citadel
Wofford
Samford
Mercer
Furman
Western Carolina
VMI
ETSU

Chattanooga 70 Presbyterian 0
Ga Tech 45 Mercer 14
Furman 24 The Citadel 21
Ole Miss 52 Wofford 17
VMI 38 Morehead State 21
WCU 31 GWebb 24
Samford 27 UCA 24

GO CATS!

Ivytalk
September 5th, 2016, 06:59 AM
Chatty
Ga Tech
Citadel
Ole Miss
VMI
Gardner Webb
UCA

bonarae
September 5th, 2016, 07:42 AM
Chattanooga
Georgia Tech
The Citadel
Ole Miss
VMI
Western Carolina
Samford

MR. CHICKEN
September 5th, 2016, 08:35 AM
CHATTANOOGA
GEORGIA TECH
OLE MISS
THE CITADEL
VMI
GARDNER-WEBB
SAMFORD

kdinva
September 5th, 2016, 09:09 AM
UT-C 54; Presbyterian 12
Ga. Tech 37; Mercer 20
The Citadel 31; Furman 24
Mississippi 56; Wofford 21
VMI 45; Morehead State 21
WCU 35; Gardner Webb 26
Samford 33; UCA 27

SU DOG
September 5th, 2016, 09:34 AM
UTC - Easy
GA. Tech
Ole Miss
Furman - I'm predicting an upset, but won't be too surprised if I'm wrong.
WCU - Fix some defensive issues, use your better athletes, and win one for the SoCon.
VMI - Easy
Samford - Will NOT be easy. UCA looks like an NFL team size-wise. Fourteen players over 300lbs, an O-line that goes about 315, and Hildebrand looks good at QB. Also, their Achilles Heel last year was their DBs, and they have addressed that issue. Their new xfer RB is a 6-1, 250 lb bruiser who was 2nd in rushing for Memphis last year. I don't think they had any injuries, and we had one of our leading WRs go down and later was on crutches. xbawlingx
Then there is that striped field thing. As a homer, of course, I have to pick Samford, but a 1 point win would cause me to celebrate.

FUBeAR
September 5th, 2016, 09:50 AM
5-3 last week. Not very good.
* Shouldn't have 'hated on' the ETSU Buccaneers. Seems they proved they are, in fact, ready to be part of the resurgence of the power of the SoCon by taking down a Team that many have predicted would challenge Charleston Southern for the Big South Playoff spot this year. They are a year ahead of schedule, IMO. I apologize to BucNation.
* Also missed Woffy - thought Woffy had the better team, but I counted on more 'home cooking' for the Golden Eagles from the OVC Officials, but I guess I was wrong or the Terriers overcame it, along with overcoming the loss of their Starting QB and an in-game near tragedy. Watched some of the replay - 2 QB's looked great and Wofford looked like the Wofford of 'old.' They made a statement that they are DEFINITELY in the mix for the SoCon Championship and a clear contender for a Playoff Spot even if they don't come out of the SoCon gauntlet as the ultimate Champion
* Not much shame in my miss on the Mercer/El Cid matchup. If The Citadel is #15 (and they ARE...or better), then Mercer is/should be, currently, whatever the next spot (#16 or better) is.

Chatt wins big and shuts out the Ho's - 38-0 Mocs

Bears face another option team. Their D has proven they can shut that O down (provided they remember to come out of the locker room for the 1st 3 possessions) and BC gave them an excellent game plan on how to stop the GT version (held GT to 2.8 yds/attempt). On Offense, Mercer should get at least 1 of their 3 fastest/most explosive players who ALL did not play vs. El Cid back this week. John Russ looked exactly like Jacob Huesman was running Mercer's O last week, so I expect he will begin to get SoCon OPOY mentions very soon. In addition to the missing players on that side of the ball, there are some injury concerns at RB and in the O-Line, but I'll still say the Bears pick up an FBS P5 scalp this week in their 1st hunt for one.
17-14 Mercer (That score, in this game, means something to Coach Lamb (and me)...so I'm going with it.)

Crap - I really, really want to pick Wofford in this game; VERY short week for Ole Miss to prepare for option/recover from BIG road game...but I can't. Hope I'm wrong. Terriers put up a similar fight against the highly-ranked RebelBears as the Furman Paladins did against Sparty. They may fall, but they leave with a fat check and carry their muzzles high for Wofford, for the SoCon, and for the FCS!

Furman upsets the Bellhops, avoids toxic lead poisoning, and demonstrates they are BAAAAACK! 24-23 Paladins

VMI in a rout

Cats, despite their Fans panic attacks, are not nearly as bad as their score vs. E-ZU indicates. In fact, they are still very good. They win this one big and send the Runnin' Bulldogs back down the Mountains a-runnin' home to Boiling Springs

Samford's offensive juggernaut continues - they win BIG

Since others are doing a Power Ranking, I guess I will jump in...

1. Chatt (based on recent past + talent level)
2. Samford (based on talent level)
3. The Citadel, Mercer, Wofford, Furman, VMI, WCU, ETSU (All Tied)

OL FU
September 5th, 2016, 11:03 AM
I remember 17-14:)

PaladinFan
September 5th, 2016, 03:26 PM
For those interested, this appears to be every play of the Furman/Michigan State game without any of the dead time. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKACoME2GvA

Proud of our Paladins. Those were some big ole boys on the other sideline. Great physical football game.

Furman appears to have pretty well committed itself to the pistol offense. I love that option pitch game with Darius Morehead and PJ Blazejowski. Morehead is a guy that is going to be fun to watch. Kid can really move.

FUBeAR
September 5th, 2016, 06:15 PM
For those interested, this appears to be every play of the Furman/Michigan State game without any of the dead time. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKACoME2GvA

Thanks - If I could watch all games like that, it sure would save me a bundle on beer money.

FU played well. Excited to see the 'Dins back in the thick of the SoCon race and for vying for a Playoff spot this season!

This game drills home the same point I saw the night before. Hard for any team to look good and put points on the board when they have 10 penalties for over 100 yards; particularly when there is a HUGE disparity between the number of Penalties called on the 2 Teams. Drive Killers for Team A and Drive Extenders for Team B. No Bueno!

ElCid
September 5th, 2016, 07:37 PM
Wow, I am watching Ole Miss at Fla St and Wofford is going to be toast next week. Ole Miss D is brutal against on the run.

PaladinFan
September 5th, 2016, 08:00 PM
Thanks - If I could watch all games like that, it sure would save me a bundle on beer money.

FU played well. Excited to see the 'Dins back in the thick of the SoCon race and for vying for a Playoff spot this season!

This game drills home the same point I saw the night before. Hard for any team to look good and put points on the board when they have 10 penalties for over 100 yards; particularly when there is a HUGE disparity between the number of Penalties called on the 2 Teams. Drive Killers for Team A and Drive Extenders for Team B. No Bueno!

No real dispute there. I do think most of the calls were earned by Michigan State, especially considering a Big10 crew in a Big10 stadium. Furman struggled with undisciplined play in the penalty category last year, so nice to see at least that trend in the opposite direction for one game.

I did like the "tight" game footage. Was surprised at how committed Furman was to the pistol offense, something we had sprinkled in here and there the last few seasons.

Also impressed with some of Blazejowski's throws toward the end zone. He hung in the pocket a good deal more than he has in the past, and threw some really nice back shoulder throws. Several were inches from being touchdowns. I expect against less talented defensive backs, they may well have been.

I don't know if we'll compete for a playoff spot, but I liked what I saw.

VictoryViking
September 5th, 2016, 08:12 PM
Saturday, September 10

Mercer at Georgia Tech
Wofford at Ole Miss
Furman at The Citadel
VMI at Morehead State

Power Ranking
Chattanooga
The Citadel
Wofford
Samford
Mercer
Furman
Western Carolina
VMI
ETSU

Chattanooga by 21
GT by 31
Ole Miss by 45
* Upset - Furman by 3
VMI by 12
Western Carolina by 10
Samford by 19

Power Ranking
Samford
Chattanooga
The Citadel
Furman
Wofford
Mercer
VMI
Western Carolina
ETSU

ElCid
September 5th, 2016, 10:47 PM
Furman upsets the Bellhops, avoids toxic lead poisoning, and demonstrates they are BAAAAACK! 24-23 Paladins

I saw what you did there my Care Bearxlolx

Milktruck74
September 6th, 2016, 06:21 AM
Presbyterian at Chattanooga 42-7
Mercer at Georgia Tech 45-14
Wofford at Ole Miss 54-3
Furman at The Citadel 27-24
Gardner-Webb at Western Carolina 35-31
VMI at Morehead State 55-7
Samford at Central Arkansas 24-14

Lot of big numbers in the SoCon this week.

Smitty
September 6th, 2016, 07:23 AM
Mercer at Georgia Tech
Wofford at Ole Miss
Furman at The Citadel
VMI at Morehead State

Power Ranking
Chattanooga
The Citadel
Samford
Furman
Wofford
Mercer
Western Carolina
VMI
ETSU

Catamount87
September 6th, 2016, 07:58 AM
Presbyterian at Chattanooga - The Blue Hose get steamrolled by an on coming train. It'll be ugly.
Mercer at Georgia Tech - Tech pulls away after the Bears give them a good ole fight.
Wofford at Ole Miss - See above but Ole Miss by a bit wider margin.
Furman at The Citadel - I'd like to pick Furman but the Dogs will be too much at home.
Gardner-Webb at Western Carolina - Defense will still be an issue for the Cats as the players continue to learn this new system. Positioning will be better because they won't be defending as much speed as last week. The Cats pull away after a hell of a fight from GW.
VMI at Morehead State - The Keydets fly sortie after sortie as they continue to look like the Air Force Academy - East Coast Campus.
Samford at Central Arkansas - Another dogfight of a game. Samford pulls it out in the end.

tenNesseeCat
September 6th, 2016, 08:58 AM
Last week I was 6-2...good job ETSU!

Presbyterian at Chattanooga - 48-13
Mercer at Georgia Tech - 38-10
Wofford at Ole Miss - 45-10
Furman at The Citadel - 24-21
Gardner-Webb at Western Carolina - 27-17
VMI at Morehead State - 49-16
Samford at Central Arkansas - 31-24

Power:
UTC
The Citadel
Everyone else

PaladinFan
September 6th, 2016, 09:27 AM
It's a tall task, but if Furman can beat the Citadel and UTC on consecutive weekends, the expected SoCon race will be turned completely on its ear.

Should be a great game this weekend in Charleston.

ElCid
September 6th, 2016, 09:51 AM
It's a tall task, but if Furman can beat the Citadel and UTC on consecutive weekends, the expected SoCon race will be turned completely on its ear.

Should be a great game this weekend in Charleston.

It will be even better now that your fans will not be getting lead poisoning. I am definitely worried about Furman right now, but I think the Dogs will pull it out at home. I got too see how our D steps up. They had an inconsistent first half, but pretty much shut Mercer down in the second. Not worried about our O.

PaladinFan
September 6th, 2016, 10:02 AM
It will be even better now that your fans will not be getting lead poisoning. I am definitely worried about Furman right now, but I think the Dogs will pull it out at home. I got too see how our D steps up. They had an inconsistent first half, but pretty much shut Mercer down in the second. Not worried about our O.

It will be a really good game. Michigan State has three really big physical running backs. The first drive, MSU racked up 68 yards rushing and a touchdown. Furman held them to about 103 yards rushing for the rest of the contest. My guess is Furman's defense and Citadel's offense are just going to trade haymakers for four quarters. Strength on strength.

The game will be won or lost, I think, with Furman's offense on the field. The Citadel struggled a bit containing Mercer's athletic QB John Russ, who ran well and threw well against the Bulldogs. Furman has a similar-style QB in PJ Blazejowski. Furman showed flashes of good things last week. Let's see if they can keep it up.

I expect a game that comes down to the turnover battle and penalties.

walliver
September 6th, 2016, 10:04 AM
PC at Chatty – PC has struggled mightily since moving to FCS. That doesn’t change this weekend at Chatty rolls 42-6.
Mercer at Georgia Tech – GT may play the option, but they have bigger and faster players than FCS teams. The cubs keep it close for one half, but GT wears them down to win 38-20.
Wofford at Mississippi – Ole Miss will be pissed after last night’s meltdown and come ready to play. FSU moved the ball well using the unusual technic called a "pass". The Terriers don’t do that. This could get ugly and the Rebels pull out a 56-10 nailbiter.
Furman at The Citadel – I appears that the dogs have closed the visitors stands to keep the horsey people out. Only in the SoCon are ancient bitter rivalries played in week 2. The pups seem to have handled the coaching change well and will pull this one out 28-24.
Gardner-Webb at WCU – The Cants had a bad outing last week and the running puppies rolled over Elon (is Elon really that bad?). I don’t have a good feel for this game. I hope Western steps up, but see a 28-27 GWU win.
VMI at Morehead State – The old VMI would lose this game, but the current team win 35-12
Samford at Central Arkansas – Probably a good game decided in the last few minutes and could go either way, but I will pick the Bama Dogs 24-21
ETSU takes their open date in week 2 – SoCon scheduling at its finest.
Power Rankings:

Chattanooga

Everybody else.

This early in the year there is very little separation. ETSU seems much improved.

eiu1999
September 6th, 2016, 10:20 AM
Mercer at Georgia Tech
Wofford at Ole Miss
Furman at The Citadel
VMI at Morehead State

ElCid
September 6th, 2016, 10:35 AM
It will be a really good game. Michigan State has three really big physical running backs. The first drive, MSU racked up 68 yards rushing and a touchdown. Furman held them to about 103 yards rushing for the rest of the contest. My guess is Furman's defense and Citadel's offense are just going to trade haymakers for four quarters. Strength on strength.

The game will be won or lost, I think, with Furman's offense on the field. The Citadel struggled a bit containing Mercer's athletic QB John Russ, who ran well and threw well against the Bulldogs. Furman has a similar-style QB in PJ Blazejowski. Furman showed flashes of good things last week. Let's see if they can keep it up.

I expect a game that comes down to the turnover battle and penalties.

That is how I view it as well. Like I said, our D took a bit to figure them out, but we did. Looking at the box score looks like we held Mercer to 84 yards the second half. Not too shabby.

Turnovers are always a worry but even with our RS QB in his first game we only drop one on the ground and we fell on it. But we were very conservative with him. If Allen returns, while we have the experience back, we might be a bit more fancy tossing the ball around. As far as penalties go, we had 1. Not bad for the first game. You could tell our O line was still settling in together as well.

OL FU
September 6th, 2016, 11:07 AM
Furman at The Citadel – I appears that the dogs have closed the visitors stands to keep the horsey people out. Only in the SoCon are ancient bitter rivalries played in week 2. The pups seem to have handled the coaching change well and will pull this one out 28-24.

Charlie Taafe sucks:(

PaladinFan
September 6th, 2016, 11:16 AM
That is how I view it as well. Like I said, our D took a bit to figure them out, but we did. Looking at the box score looks like we held Mercer to 84 yards the second half. Not too shabby.

Turnovers are always a worry but even with our RS QB in his first game we only drop one on the ground and we fell on it. But we were very conservative with him. If Allen returns, while we have the experience back, we might be a bit more fancy tossing the ball around. As far as penalties go, we had 1. Not bad for the first game. You could tell our O line was still settling in together as well.

Will be interested to see how everything goes in the trenches as well.

One interesting sidenote will be up front. This is the biggest Furman offensive line I can remember. Paladins average about 6'3.5 292 pounds across the front five. That is (I'm sure Bear will correct me) roughly two inches taller and 10 pounds heavier on average than Mercer's offensive front. According to Citadel's game notes, several of their rotational pieces are going to give up 40-50 pounds to Furman up front.

Again, that and a quarter won't buy you anything. Just interesting from a personnel perspective.

kdinva
September 6th, 2016, 01:53 PM
Charlie Taaffe sucks:(

....paging CitDog in 3----2-------1.......

:D

BEAR
September 6th, 2016, 03:01 PM
It's funny you won't hear an argument from UCA fans or Samford fans if the other team wins... either team deserves the win. But I do believe it will be much much closer than last year's debacle. Just two different teams this year.

SU DOG
September 6th, 2016, 03:08 PM
It's even peculiar how evenly matched we are in the different polls. Some have us a top 25 with UCA not there, and others have UCA in there and not us. I think the loss, even though OOC, will be a major blow at least for a period of time, for one of these teams.

BEAR
September 6th, 2016, 03:47 PM
It's even peculiar how evenly matched we are in the different polls. Some have us a top 25 with UCA not there, and others have UCA in there and not us. I think the loss, even though OOC, will be a major blow at least for a period of time, for one of these teams.

Nah. It would be a repeat for us from last year. xlolx It would mean we'd have to kick some serious butt the rest of the year including playing SAM, Arkansas State and McNeese...on the road. Yeah...it would hurt. xlolx But it does show UCA isn't afraid to play UP when the conference is so down.

OL FU
September 6th, 2016, 05:20 PM
....paging CitDog in 3----2-------1.......

:D

Thats why we get along so well. We speak the same language (kinda)

ElCid
September 6th, 2016, 06:43 PM

One interesting sidenote will be up front. This is the biggest Furman offensive line I can remember. Paladins average about 6'3.5 292 pounds across the front five. That is (I'm sure Bear will correct me) roughly two inches taller and 10 pounds heavier on average than Mercer's offensive front. According to Citadel's game notes, several of their rotational pieces are going to give up 40-50 pounds to Furman up front.

Again, that and a quarter won't buy you anything. Just interesting from a personnel perspective.

The bigger they are the harder the fall.:D

FUBeAR
September 6th, 2016, 06:55 PM

One interesting sidenote will be up front. This is the biggest Furman offensive line I can remember. Paladins average about 6'3.5 292 pounds across the front five. That is (I'm sure Bear will correct me) roughly two inches taller and 10 pounds heavier on average than Mercer's offensive front.

Well...since you asked...(and it's FUBeAR, by the way)

0.70" taller & 1.00 pound heavier comparing the FU & MU OL 2-Deep.
Your numbers for the OL Starters (only) are closer, but still, unsurprisingly, overstated. 1.60" and 8.00 pounds are the actual differences.
Personally, that means less than bupkis to me, but if you get all in a hot & bother about it; then rock on, my brother!

GO 'DINS - BEAT THE BELLHOPS!

OrangeAndBlack
September 6th, 2016, 07:18 PM
Presbyterian at Chattanooga -- Another easy one for UTC, 52-6
Mercer at Georgia Tech -- I'm with FUBeAR here. The Bears can pull this one off. Georgia Tech was less than impressive against BC (I admit that BC is probably an elite defense, but that's all we have to go off of). I'm hoping they are overconfident after their win, and overlooking Mercer coming in 0-1. I'm picking with my heart and looking for the 2nd victory against GT, and 1st in 124 years. 27-26
Wofford at Ole Miss --This isn't just an FBS opponent, but an elite one. They will be angered by the blown game vs. FSU. 59-20
Furman at The Citadel -- I'm simply not sold on the Furman hype train that has begun this week. Furman got ripped by Citadel last year, and I don't see a big change this year. 35-17.
Gardner-Webb at Western Carolina -- I'm also not ready to write off WCU. 27-20.
VMI at Morehead State -- 34-20
Samford at Central Arkansas -- Toss up game, so I'm picking the SoCon team. 35-34.

OL FU
September 6th, 2016, 08:02 PM
Presbyterian at Chattanooga -- Another easy one for UTC, 52-6
Mercer at Georgia Tech -- I'm with FUBeAR here. The Bears can pull this one off. Georgia Tech was less than impressive against BC (I admit that BC is probably an elite defense, but that's all we have to go off of). I'm hoping they are overconfident after their win, and overlooking Mercer coming in 0-1. I'm picking with my heart and looking for the 2nd victory against GT, and 1st in 124 years. 27-26
Wofford at Ole Miss --This isn't just an FBS opponent, but an elite one. They will be angered by the blown game vs. FSU. 59-20
Furman at The Citadel -- I'm simply not sold on the Furman hype train that has begun this week. Furman got ripped by Citadel last year, and I don't see a big change this year. 35-17.
Gardner-Webb at Western Carolina -- I'm also not ready to write off WCU. 27-20.
VMI at Morehead State -- 34-20
Samford at Central Arkansas -- Toss up game, so I'm picking the SoCon team. 35-34.

Yes we did. One of the reasons I am keeping my mouth shut until this weekend

Mocs123
September 6th, 2016, 08:29 PM
Presbyterian 3
Chattanooga 28 Chattanooga’s D hold the ‘hose to under 200 yards

Mercer 10
Georgia Tech 31 Mercer hangs around for a little while, but GT pulls away in the end

Wofford 3
Ole Miss 66 Beatdown of the Week - Ole Miss is talented - and pissed

Furman 21
The Citadel 24- Game of the Week - This will be a tough physical game that could go either way - I will give the advantage to the home team, so The Citadel by 3

Gardner-Webb 31
Western Carolina 36 - GoW Honorable Mention - I think (and hope) that WCU gets it done at home and wins one for the SoCon.

VMI 41
Morehead State 24 - VMI rolls, racking up another OOC win for the SoCon

Samford 44
Central Arkansas 38 - GoW Honorable Mention - This is a big game for the SoCon as UCA may be the biggest OOC game for the conference this year (if you don’t count transitioning CCU). We need this game to help plead our case for multiple playoff teams in a year where our overall OOC schedule is not that strong.

1.) Chattanooga - Blew out an inferior opponent
2.)The Citadel - Got a great win in Macon against a tough Mercer team.
3.) Samford - Blew out and inferior opponent
4.) Furman - Strong showing against the Big 10. I normally don’t move teams much for FBS games, but Furman looked good enough to make me think I had them ranked too low to start the season.
5.) Mercer - lost another heartbreaker
6.) Wofford - got the win vs. TTU
7.) Western Carolina - I don’t normally move teams for FBS losses, but I expected more against ECU and other teams had a good week. WCU can still bounce back up the list.
8.) VMI - Decent showing against the MAC
9.) ETSU - I have to congratulate ETSU on a BIG win for them and the SoCon against what I thought was a decent KSU team.

ElCid
September 7th, 2016, 12:00 AM
Presbyterian at Chattanooga - 45-7
Mercer at Georgia Tech - 42-13
Wofford at Ole Miss - 55-3
Furman at The Citadel - 27-23
Gardner-Webb at WCU - 27-17
VMI at Morehead State - 38-21
Samford at Central Arkansas - 37-26

Power ranking
1. Chattanooga - Until further notice
2. Samford - It will become apparent when they win Saturday
3. The Citadel - Close but got the win on the road
4. Wofford - Again, got the win on the road
5. Furman - Lost, but lost well...if there is such a thing? I still suspect Mich St was lazy, just a bit
6. Mercer - Has to get over the hump of winning close ones this year
7. VMI - I want to put them higher but they still crumpled late
8. WCU - Did not look that good, but they may get it together
9. ETSU - the gap has closed but still a gap

Catamount87
September 7th, 2016, 07:47 AM
Several power rankings have tossed the Cats down the heap after last Saturday. I'm not sold on the idea that we've fallen that far off. I really think ECU is better than advertised. They were 5-7 last year with 5 of those games decided by 7 points or less including close losses to BYU and Florida. Their defense left them out to dry way too much last year. So, don't be surprised if ECU has a pretty darn good year this year.

That said, are my Cats a top 3 SoCon team? Well let's just say IMHO, here's how the rankings are right now.

1) UTC - as ElCid said, Until Further Notice
2) The Citadel - a bit like above
3) Samford - let's see how this defense is with really good competition
4 - 8) Furman, Wofford, Mercer, WCU, VMI - Just too tough of a call because it's seriously Any Given Saturday with this bunch
9) ETSU - Until Further Notice

PaladinFan
September 7th, 2016, 08:03 AM
I'll be keeping my eye on the WCU/GWU game. Gardner Webb often plays the role of stingy Big South team that causes SoCon teams fits.

If WCU struggles with the Runnin Bulldogs, one has to wonder when to hit the panic button. I don't think anyone was surprised that WCU lost to ECU, but more how they lost to ECU.

MarkCCU
September 7th, 2016, 08:07 AM
Mercer at Georgia Tech
Wofford at Ole Miss
Furman at The Citadel
VMI at Morehead State

Some games are obvious but I think The SoCoN will win 5 this week. VMI/Morehead could be a very close game that goes either way. After watching Morehead against JMU last week, I have to say VMI might be the better squad.

And homer alert: The Citadel to defeat the Paladins

PaladinFan
September 7th, 2016, 09:31 AM
Yes we did. One of the reasons I am keeping my mouth shut until this weekend

Oh it'll be an uphill climb.

I had forgotten that the last game in Charleston went into overtime. PJ Blazejowski (I guess as a freshman) put up about 400 yards all by his lonesome.

I don't think Citadel beat the brakes off Furman last year as much as some would like to think. Furman was within 7 late in the third quarter. Paladins threw two interceptions in the fourth quarter, the first of which was deep in their own zone leading to an easy Bulldog score. Furman held them under season averages for total offense and rushing yards.

Like many games last year, that was one where Furman got behind and didn't have the offensive firepower to catch up. I think we are better on both sides of the ball this year. I'm expecting a very tight game.

BEAR
September 7th, 2016, 09:39 AM
If you watch the Samford-UCA game and UCA wins, you will see what it will take to defeat the conference favorite ( at least I think I read they were). But I have a feeling this one will be close.

SU DOG
September 7th, 2016, 09:48 AM
If you watch the Samford-UCA game and UCA wins, you will see what it will take to defeat the conference favorite ( at least I think I read they were). But I have a feeling this one will be close.

We will have to play a VERY good game to win out there. Unfortunately watching that game will NOT be easy for most, because there is no free streaming.

SU DOG
September 7th, 2016, 09:50 AM
Also, conference favorite??? I need to see that article - LOL.

BlackNGoldR3v0lut10n
September 7th, 2016, 09:52 AM
5-3 last week. Not very good.
* Shouldn't have 'hated on' the ETSU Buccaneers. Seems they proved they are, in fact, ready to be part of the resurgence of the power of the SoCon by taking down a Team that many have predicted would challenge Charleston Southern for the Big South Playoff spot this year. They are a year ahead of schedule, IMO. I apologize to BucNation.
* Also missed Woffy - thought Woffy had the better team, but I counted on more 'home cooking' for the Golden Eagles from the OVC Officials, but I guess I was wrong or the Terriers overcame it, along with overcoming the loss of their Starting QB and an in-game near tragedy. Watched some of the replay - 2 QB's looked great and Wofford looked like the Wofford of 'old.' They made a statement that they are DEFINITELY in the mix for the SoCon Championship and a clear contender for a Playoff Spot even if they don't come out of the SoCon gauntlet as the ultimate Champion
* Not much shame in my miss on the Mercer/El Cid matchup. If The Citadel is #15 (and they ARE...or better), then Mercer is/should be, currently, whatever the next spot (#16 or better) is.

Chatt wins big and shuts out the Ho's - 38-0 Mocs

Bears face another option team. Their D has proven they can shut that O down (provided they remember to come out of the locker room for the 1st 3 possessions) and BC gave them an excellent game plan on how to stop the GT version (held GT to 2.8 yds/attempt). On Offense, Mercer should get at least 1 of their 3 fastest/most explosive players who ALL did not play vs. El Cid back this week. John Russ looked exactly like Jacob Huesman was running Mercer's O last week, so I expect he will begin to get SoCon OPOY mentions very soon. In addition to the missing players on that side of the ball, there are some injury concerns at RB and in the O-Line, but I'll still say the Bears pick up an FBS P5 scalp this week in their 1st hunt for one.
17-14 Mercer (That score, in this game, means something to Coach Lamb (and me)...so I'm going with it.)

Crap - I really, really want to pick Wofford in this game; VERY short week for Ole Miss to prepare for option/recover from BIG road game...but I can't. Hope I'm wrong. Terriers put up a similar fight against the highly-ranked RebelBears as the Furman Paladins did against Sparty. They may fall, but they leave with a fat check and carry their muzzles high for Wofford, for the SoCon, and for the FCS!

VMI in a rout

Cats, despite their Fans panic attacks, are not nearly as bad as their score vs. E-ZU indicates. In fact, they are still very good. They win this one big and send the Runnin' Bulldogs back down the Mountains a-runnin' home to Boiling Springs

Samford's offensive juggernaut continues - they win BIG

Since others are doing a Power Ranking, I guess I will jump in...

1. Chatt (based on recent past + talent level)
2. Samford (based on talent level)
3. The Citadel, Mercer, Wofford, Furman, VMI, WCU, ETSU (All Tied)

No worries, I knew ETSU-Kennesaw would be closer than most of you think. I did not believe ETSU would win. In short, I doubted them as well.

ElCid
September 7th, 2016, 10:00 AM

I had forgotten that the last game in Charleston went into overtime. PJ Blazejowski (I guess as a freshman) put up about 400 yards all by his lonesome.

I don't think Citadel beat the brakes off Furman last year as much as some would like to think. Furman was within 7 late in the third quarter. Paladins threw two interceptions in the fourth quarter, the first of which was deep in their own zone leading to an easy Bulldog score. Furman held them under season averages for total offense and rushing yards.

Like many games last year, that was one where Furman got behind and didn't have the offensive firepower to catch up. I think we are better on both sides of the ball this year. I'm expecting a very tight game.

Huh? We ran for 388 (455 total). Over our average by a bit. Furman totaled 295 yards. I watched the game, while it got closer in the 3rd, I never had the feeling it was close, for the first time in a long time against you all. The 2nd Int was with about a minute left in the game and inconsequential.

BEAR
September 7th, 2016, 10:09 AM
We will have to play a VERY good game to win out there. Unfortunately watching that game will NOT be easy for most, because there is no free streaming.

xlolx Yeah there's a first for everything. At UCA it's now paying for streaming games and coach"s shows. But we discussed that on your site. xlolx I still can't get over the fact they want us to pay for the coach's show. Really? xrolleyesx

BlackNGoldR3v0lut10n
September 7th, 2016, 10:09 AM
I will do my power rankings different by placing last week's winners in one group and last week's losers in another group.

WINNERS
1) The Citadel - Scored a gritty conference win against one of the new kids on the block
2) Wofford - Lost two of their players and still win the game
3) Chattanooga - Everyone knew they were going to win
4) Samford - See Chattanooga
5) ETSU - I'll say it, I doubted them

LOSERS
1) Furman - Had nothing to be ashamed of against Michigan State
2) Mercer - Decent showing against The Citadel
3) VMI - Good game but collapsed in the fourth quarter
4) Western Carolina - Was never really in it

This week's games
Presbyterian @ Chattanooga - Mocs have no problem with them
Mercer @ Georgia Tech (Beatdown of the Week) - Bears get stung early and often
Wofford @ Ole Miss - Rebels takeout frustration on Wofford
Furman @ The Citadel (Game of the Week) - Paladins shock everyone in Charleston
VMI @ Morehead State - Keydets run that town that night
Gardner-Webb @ Western Carolina - Catamounts win in a close one
Samford @ Central Arkansas - Bulldogs take care of business here
ETSU - Bye

PaladinFan
September 7th, 2016, 10:26 AM
Huh? We ran for 388 (455 total). Over our average by a bit. Furman totaled 295 yards. I watched the game, while it got closer in the 3rd, I never had the feeling it was close, for the first time in a long time against you all. The 2nd Int was with about a minute left in the game and inconsequential.

You're right. Misread the numbers. I don't dispute that the Citadel controlled the game, I just didn't see the drubbing some seem to suggest it was.

That game went the way of many of Furman's contests last year. Paladins got down early, didn't have the ability to catch back up, defense spent all game on the field. Furman then asks its defense to shut out a team for a half, which is a tall order. Sometimes they did (UCF, Samford, Mercer), and sometimes they didn't (Citadel).

I said this all preseason, but if Furman could get some offensive consistency (not tons, just some) we could be a pretty good team. The defense should be strong. I was really impressed on how we played the run against Michigan State. One game is one game, but I don't think Bulldog fans are going to see the same team they saw last year in Greenville.

PaladinFan
September 7th, 2016, 10:27 AM
No worries, I knew ETSU-Kennesaw would be closer than most of you think. I did not believe ETSU would win. In short, I doubted them as well.

Do you believe ETSU is that much improved or KSU has come back to earth a bit?

BEAR
September 7th, 2016, 10:45 AM
For you Samford fans that are going to the game in Conway, it's FAMILY DAY.

FREE FOOD, GAMES, AND MORE!

http://uca.edu/studentlife/family-day/

https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5546/10298476013_69cdcbe983_z.jpg

OL FU
September 7th, 2016, 11:15 AM

I will allow that your memory is better than mine I just remember sitting through the game feeling like we were never really in it. Might be wrong but that was the recollection. More to the point while I liked the way we played Saturday I am waiting for a meaningful game (this sat) to go along with last Saturday

PaladinFan
September 7th, 2016, 11:29 AM
I will allow that your memory is better than mine I just remember sitting through the game feeling like we were never really in it. Might be wrong but that was the recollection. More to the point while I liked the way we played Saturday I am waiting for a meaningful game (this sat) to go along with last Saturday

Absolutely. We backed several good games up last year with duds. Everytime I would get encouraged after a game we'd pretty well come out looking like we'd never seen a ball before.

I was incredibly encouraged by what I saw Friday. I saw a commitment to the running game. I saw actual changes to the offensive scheme and system instead of just talking about changes to the scheme and system. I saw some really talented freshmen on offense that I think will drive defenses crazy.

Defensively we were strong defense against the run. We had several coverage sacks playing without our best corner. Furman already has 2 sacks in 1 game against the BIG10 Champs. They had 8 in 11 games last season.

We may not win on Saturday, but I'm at least encouraged by what I saw. I think we'll give the Citadel all they want.

ElCid
September 7th, 2016, 11:44 AM
You're right. Misread the numbers. I don't dispute that the Citadel controlled the game, I just didn't see the drubbing some seem to suggest it was.

That game went the way of many of Furman's contests last year. Paladins got down early, didn't have the ability to catch back up, defense spent all game on the field. Furman then asks its defense to shut out a team for a half, which is a tall order. Sometimes they did (UCF, Samford, Mercer), and sometimes they didn't (Citadel).

I said this all preseason, but if Furman could get some offensive consistency (not tons, just some) we could be a pretty good team. The defense should be strong. I was really impressed on how we played the run against Michigan State. One game is one game, but I don't think Bulldog fans are going to see the same team they saw last year in Greenville.

Drubbing? No. I think you hit all the salient points.

OL FU
September 7th, 2016, 12:03 PM
Absolutely. We backed several good games up last year with duds. Everytime I would get encouraged after a game we'd pretty well come out looking like we'd never seen a ball before.

I was incredibly encouraged by what I saw Friday. I saw a commitment to the running game. I saw actual changes to the offensive scheme and system instead of just talking about changes to the scheme and system. I saw some really talented freshmen on offense that I think will drive defenses crazy.

Defensively we were strong defense against the run. We had several coverage sacks playing without our best corner. Furman already has 2 sacks in 1 game against the BIG10 Champs. They had 8 in 11 games last season.

We may not win on Saturday, but I'm at least encouraged by what I saw. I think we'll give the Citadel all they want.

Also impressed that we played better in the second half than the first which is opposite of the norm against good p5 teams. I am not pessimistic just guarded until we play a good FCS teamxthumbsupx

OL FU
September 7th, 2016, 12:05 PM
And we get to play three good FCS teams in the next three weeks

ElCid
September 7th, 2016, 12:11 PM
For you Samford fans that are going to the game in Conway, it's FAMILY DAY.

FREE FOOD, GAMES, AND MORE!

http://uca.edu/studentlife/family-day/

Free streaming of the game would be better.xlolx

BEAR
September 7th, 2016, 12:19 PM
Free streaming of the game would be better.xlolx

xlolx You won't hear me disagree. xthumbsupx

PaladinFan
September 7th, 2016, 12:20 PM

If Furman wants to be taken seriously, they have a heckuva opportunity in September. Three top 20 teams upcoming.

FUBeAR
September 7th, 2016, 12:32 PM
You're right. Misread the numbers.

That game went the way of many of Furman's contests last year. Paladins got down early, didn't have the ability to catch back up, defense spent all game on the field. Furman then asks its defense to shut out a team for a half, which is a tall order. Sometimes they did (...Mercer)...

I think you need to get those reading glasses checked...

MERCER -VS- FURMAN
DATE:11/14/2015

Team
1st
2nd
3rd
4th
OT
Total

Mercer

Furman

ElCid
September 7th, 2016, 12:32 PM

If Furman wants to be taken seriously, they have a heckuva opportunity in September. Three top 20 teams upcoming.

Either of you going to the game? We were not going to because I was headed back to Brevard, but we got stuck here in Charleston through the weekend so we decided to go. With half the stadium closed, not many tickets left.

walliver
September 7th, 2016, 12:40 PM
Several power rankings have tossed the Cats down the heap after last Saturday. I'm not sold on the idea that we've fallen that far off....

I doubt that many people have tossed the Cats down, it's just that the middle is bunched together, and there are other teams that had better opening weeks. With teams bunched together, it doesn't take much to move a few spots up or down. Last week 5 teams won, two had close losses, and VMI and WCU were soundly defeated. Based on one week, it is hard to rank WCU higher than any team not named VMI or ETSU.

We will know a lot more after this week. GWU's drubbing of Elon was unexpected, and I suspect it will be a good game.

OL FU
September 7th, 2016, 12:41 PM
Either of you going to the game? We were not going to because I was headed back to Brevard, but we got stuck here in Charleston through the weekend so we decided to go. With half the stadium closed, not many tickets left.

I wish. Baby sitting the three year old Grand Daughter this weekend. Now, don't tell her there is a football game cuz she will want to go and eat her popcorn and cotton candy and shake her pom poms.

Last year, took her to the Citadel game and I did something I rarely do, left before the game ended.xembarrassedx Looked at the then 2 YO grand daughter and said " come on, we gotta go" where she immediately shoved her face in her hands and crying sreamed "NO I LOVE FOOTBALL"xlolx

Proud Papaxthumbsupx

PaladinFan
September 7th, 2016, 01:38 PM
I think you need to get those reading glasses checked...

MERCER -VS- FURMAN
DATE:11/14/2015

Team
1st
2nd
3rd
4th
OT
Total

Mercer

Furman

I clump Mercer in there with the others. I think it was because Mercer scored early enough in the third quarter before Furman's defense took over for the next quarter and a half.

Point still remains, though. At times Furman called on their defense to basically toss a shutout for long periods of the game. Sometimes they did.

PaladinFan
September 7th, 2016, 01:39 PM
I doubt that many people have tossed the Cats down, it's just that the middle is bunched together, and there are other teams that had better opening weeks. With teams bunched together, it doesn't take much to move a few spots up or down. Last week 5 teams won, two had close losses, and VMI and WCU were soundly defeated. Based on one week, it is hard to rank WCU higher than any team not named VMI or ETSU.

We will know a lot more after this week. GWU's drubbing of Elon was unexpected, and I suspect it will be a good game.

Admittedly I have not followed Elon much, but have they been anything close to good in a season where Scott Riddle was not the QB?

FUBeAR
September 7th, 2016, 01:41 PM
I clump Mercer in there with the others. I think it was because Mercer scored early enough in the third quarter before Furman's defense took over for the next quarter and a half.

Point still remains, though. At times Furman called on their defense to basically toss a shutout for long periods of the game. Sometimes they did.

So...even though MERCER SCORED MORE POINTS AFTER HALFTIME than before Halftime in 2015, you're still going to CALL that a 2nd half shutout.

Have you considered running for office?

PaladinFan
September 7th, 2016, 01:42 PM
Furman pregame writeup

http://furmanpaladins.com/sports/m-footbl/2016-17/releases/20160907hun3oy

I do appreciate some snark from the SID.

The Citadel game marks the second in a string of four challenging September contests for the Paladins, who will battle Chattanooga (Sept. 17), last year's league co-champion with the Bulldogs, before wrapping up their first month of play at FBS transition foe Coastal Carolina on Sept. 24. The Chanticleers, for some illogical reason, are ranked No. 17 in this week's STATS FCS Poll despite not being FCS playoff eligible or no longer recognized statistically by the NCAA.

Notes Furman's ticket allotment has already sold out. Will be unique to see all of the fans on one side of the stadium.

BlackNGoldR3v0lut10n
September 7th, 2016, 03:01 PM
Do you believe ETSU is that much improved or KSU has come back to earth a bit?

I would like to think it was a combination of both. ETSU, like KSU, had one full season under our belts. ETSU redshirted a number of good players last season and they picked up notable transfer in Vincent Lowe from ODU. He made an impact in last Saturday's game. The biggest psychological hurdle for ETSU was winning a game against a D1 opponent and they pulled that off last Saturday. I have always stated that ETSU's season will be a success if they double their win total. This means ETSU will have steal a conference win to make that happen. Given the right conditions, it's possible.

Sandlapper Spike
September 7th, 2016, 04:27 PM
That ETSU-WCU game in two weeks is going to be interesting, and not just because of the location. We'll know a lot more about both teams after that one.

catamount man
September 7th, 2016, 05:58 PM
I'll be keeping my eye on the WCU/GWU game. Gardner Webb often plays the role of stingy Big South team that causes SoCon teams fits.

If WCU struggles with the Runnin Bulldogs, one has to wonder when to hit the panic button. I don't think anyone was surprised that WCU lost to ECU, but more how they lost to ECU.

I look it at the smart, rational way. For once in my life. LOL! WCU went 14-76 between 2006-2013. Two straight 7 wins seasons, while nice, is still not enough to sound the trumpet that "we've arrived". We may struggle record wise this year and I'm even open to suggest we may, at best, go 4-7. That being said, the Catamount Club has seen record growth in the last 3-5 years including the CC breaking their own giving records in a fiscal year for two straight years. Not bad. With the new lowered out of state tuition passed by NC legislature, WCU can expect an influx of added revenue through student fees, enough to be able to provide, we're hoping, the full cost of 45 out of state scholarships, recruiting mostly, I'm assuming, the metro Atlanta area and the state of Florida.

The fact that starting in 2018 we are going to drop to only ONE FBS game a season is a sure sign that the money is getting there. While the wins in 2016 may be few, WCU already has six verbal commits lined up for 2017 and I can assure you at this early stage that has NEVER been the case before and I know that recruiting is hit or miss but with our history, I will take it. The behind the scene issues are where the improvement is really coming from and for quite a few years that was not the case in Cullowhee. The worm is turning. GO CATS!

catamount man
September 7th, 2016, 06:03 PM
I wish. Baby sitting the three year old Grand Daughter this weekend. Now, don't tell her there is a football game cuz she will want to go and eat her popcorn and cotton candy and shake her pom poms.

Last year, took her to the Citadel game and I did something I rarely do, left before the game ended.xembarrassedx Looked at the then 2 YO grand daughter and said " come on, we gotta go" where she immediately shoved her face in her hands and crying sreamed "NO I LOVE FOOTBALL"xlolx

Proud Papaxthumbsupx

That's a good story bro. Love it. GO CATS!

jayhawkdaddy
September 7th, 2016, 07:37 PM
Chattanooga
Georgia Tech
Ole Miss
The Citadel
Western Carolina
VMI
Central Arkansas

GoldandBlack
September 7th, 2016, 08:55 PM
PC/Chat- poor ol' PC- bless their little hearts.
Maybe someday.......... UT-C by 24.
Mercer/Ga-Tech- makes me hearken back to GT-Wofford in 2014. This one feels similar.
Bears make a lot of Jacket fans grumble until the 4th quarter, then depth
and heat take over, making the score look worse than the game played.
Tech by 17.
Wofford/Ole Miss- see above, in spades. Depth behind exceptional talent doesn't bode well
for scrappy Terriers. Tough fight with a couple of huge Rebel plays in the
first half, then downhill in late 3rd quarter. Mississippi by 31.
Furman/Citadel- pick 'em. The Citadel will remember the Mercer comeback, be stoked to have
FU at home, and be ready to fire up the homers in the stands. Paladins know
they can play with the big boys now, and old rivalries don't take much motivation.
Given both teams look to be excellent this year, I'm just going with the gut-
Bulldogs by 2, mostly based on home field advantage.
GW/WCU- GW is an improved team over the last 5 years. Catamounts are better, too, and at home.
Cats by 14.
VMI/Morehead State- OK, I realize Morehead State is playing at home. I can't pick anybody who plays
Davidson as a favorite. VMI by 24.
Samford/UCA- Ouch. Along with Furman at Citadel, should be most watchable games of the week. Appears
to be a pick 'em with Samford playing away. Don't care- I think the S-Dogs are going to
be tough everywhere they play this year. Bulldogs by, oh heck, say 5 points.

catamount man
September 7th, 2016, 10:18 PM
PC/Chat- poor ol' PC- bless their little hearts.
Maybe someday.......... UT-C by 24.
Mercer/Ga-Tech- makes me hearken back to GT-Wofford in 2014. This one feels similar.
Bears make a lot of Jacket fans grumble until the 4th quarter, then depth
and heat take over, making the score look worse than the game played.
Tech by 17.
Wofford/Ole Miss- see above, in spades. Depth behind exceptional talent doesn't bode well
for scrappy Terriers. Tough fight with a couple of huge Rebel plays in the
first half, then downhill in late 3rd quarter. Mississippi by 31.
Furman/Citadel- pick 'em. The Citadel will remember the Mercer comeback, be stoked to have
FU at home, and be ready to fire up the homers in the stands. Paladins know
they can play with the big boys now, and old rivalries don't take much motivation.
Given both teams look to be excellent this year, I'm just going with the gut-
Bulldogs by 2, mostly based on home field advantage.
GW/WCU- GW is an improved team over the last 5 years. Catamounts are better, too, and at home.
Cats by 14.
VMI/Morehead State- OK, I realize Morehead State is playing at home. I can't pick anybody who plays
Davidson as a favorite. VMI by 24.
Samford/UCA- Ouch. Along with Furman at Citadel, should be most watchable games of the week. Appears
to be a pick 'em with Samford playing away. Don't care- I think the S-Dogs are going to
be tough everywhere they play this year. Bulldogs by, oh heck, say 5 points.

Glad to see you posting here again.

PaladinFan
September 9th, 2016, 06:49 AM
https://stthomas2israel.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/one-day-more.jpg

FUBeAR
September 9th, 2016, 06:54 AM
My good friends at OddsShark asked me to post their SoCon Pick'em entry this week...

http://www.oddsshark.com/ncaaf/mercer-georgia-tech-odds-september-10-2016-730359

PaladinFan
September 9th, 2016, 07:08 AM
My good friends at OddsShark asked me to post their SoCon Pick'em entry this week...

http://www.oddsshark.com/ncaaf/mercer-georgia-tech-odds-september-10-2016-730359

Looks like they didn't bother to put any information for Mercer in there.

FUBeAR
September 9th, 2016, 07:12 AM
Looks like they didn't bother to put any information for Mercer in there.

They ARE a stealthy bunch now, aren't they...

PaladinFan
September 9th, 2016, 08:44 AM
They ARE a stealthy bunch now, aren't they...

Funny thing about computer models is you actually have to have data.

FUBeAR
September 9th, 2016, 09:14 AM
Funny thing about computer models is you actually have to have data.

Now, you're just being silly. They didn't come up with 21.6 points for Mercer by spinning a wheel. They use a SUPER-COMPUTER!

http://www.oddsshark.com/super-contest/oddsshark-super-computer

VictoryViking
September 9th, 2016, 10:01 AM
Now, you're just being silly. They didn't come up with 21.6 points for Mercer by spinning a wheel. They use a SUPER-COMPUTER!

http://www.oddsshark.com/super-contest/oddsshark-super-computer

A Super Computer with a glitch or a virus....

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23496&stc=1

FUBeAR
September 10th, 2016, 08:01 AM
Just had to post this article...

http://www.myajc.com/news/sports/college/georgia-techs-opponent-has-history-of-upsetting-ja/nsTnG/

I love how it gives such a sense of how the 'other side' feels when they are scalped.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHohEY-IQ_w