PDA

View Full Version : Thursday Night Wrap Up

PantherRob82
September 1st, 2016, 09:45 PM
Wanted a thread where we could summarize all of our thoughts from the evening in one place.

Big Sky: Everyone loses or looks like they are going to.

Southern Utah, Weber State and Montana State all played an FBS team. (If you count Idaho as FBS xlolx)
I'm not sure I expected the Utah schools to compete, but Montana State looked pretty terrible against an FBS opponent that should normally be a good game.

North Dakota spent 8 months in the gym non-stop without leaving only to lose to Stony Brook. (insert Price is Right losing horn)

Big South: Presbyterian still sucks

That should do.

CAA: Decent Start

Maine and William and Mary lose to FBS schools, Maine should have gotten the win.

Stony Brook gets a decent win and Delaware wins a game they were supposed to.

MEAC: Delaware State still #2 FCS school in Delaware.

...by a lot.

MVFC: Greatest Conference since Sliced Bread Conference

YSU and WIU pick up FCS wins. Missouri State avoids embarrassment. South Dakota hangs with New Mexico for 1 quarter but is now down 21 at the half.

NEC: Rough night
I think NEC fans hoped for a better showing by Duquesne against YSU. Wagner beats a sub D-I. Robert Morris loses to ABC (Alderson-Broa... is what ESPN shows).

OVC: Lackluster
UT-M started off well against FBS Cincinnati before 3 straight red zone trips ended with a turnover or missed FG. Eastern Illinois loses the "Battle of Directional Illinois Schools that are OK at Best". TN Tech loses at home to Wofford. Jax State has a slow start against D2 North Alabama.

SoCon: Unimpressive
OK, so the title isn't fair, but I get tired of seeing Shorter and Mars Hill play 4 SoCon schools a year. The Citadel win at Mercer was a great game. Wofford gets the win we expected.

Southland: Houston Baptist still sucks

They should have named the school Presbyterian West. :D

There's my lazy attempt at taking shots at people.

ST_Lawson
September 1st, 2016, 10:02 PM
Eastern Illinois loses the "Battle of Directional Illinois Schools that are OK at Best".

I like it, think we can get that on a trophy?

Thumper 76
September 1st, 2016, 10:08 PM

Needs to be a big trophy to fit all the words in a size that's readable xlolx

PantherRob82
September 1st, 2016, 10:10 PM

Yes. I know a guy. ;)

veinup
September 1st, 2016, 10:10 PM
Montana State hanging in there. xthumbsupx

PantherRob82
September 1st, 2016, 10:16 PM
Montana State hanging in there. xthumbsupx

Still not impressed, but I may have to amend my lazy and premature post. :)

ST_Lawson
September 1st, 2016, 10:16 PM
Needs to be a big trophy to fit all the words in a size that's readable xlolx

Just a really wide one...or maybe extend the plaque way off to the side. Needs to be all janky and duct taped together though...would be fitting considering what the state is doing to us both.

Thumper 76
September 1st, 2016, 10:18 PM
Just a really wide one...or maybe extend the plaque way off to the side. Needs to be all janky and duct taped together though...would be fitting considering what the state is doing to us both.

What about a rusty old tire rim? Could write around the full 360* :D

ST_Lawson
September 1st, 2016, 10:21 PM
What about a rusty old tire rim? Could write around the full 360* :D

Perfect, but can it be written with a sharpie? And a couple of words need to be misspelled...go Leaterneks, beat the Panters!

Thumper 76
September 1st, 2016, 10:23 PM
Perfect, but can it be written with a sharpie? And a couple of words need to be misspelled...go Leaterneks, beat the Panters!

Da batle of duh Illinios teems. Yoo is champyuns!

ST_Lawson
September 1st, 2016, 10:24 PM
Da batle of duh Illinios teems. Yoo is champyuns!

Yeah...we is da weeeners!

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 1st, 2016, 10:31 PM
I was impressed with Youngstown State's performance against a very respectable Duquesne team. Maine also played great against UConn in defeat. I know people like to poke fun at the Huskies but they're expected to be a 6-7 win, at worst, team year.

AmsterBison
September 1st, 2016, 10:35 PM
I was impressed with Youngstown State's performance against a very respectable Duquesne team. Maine also played great against UConn in defeat. I know people like to poke fun at the Huskies but they're expected to be a 6-7 win, at worst, team year.

The defense of Maine
Is awful at contain.

Bisonoline
September 1st, 2016, 10:42 PM
Wanted a thread where we could summarize all of our thoughts from the evening in one place.

Southern Utah, Weber State and Montana State all played an FBS team. (If you count Idaho as FBS xlolx)
I'm not sure I expected the Utah schools to compete, but Montana State looked pretty terrible against an FBS opponent that should normally be a good game.

North Dakota spent 8 months in the gym non-stop without leaving only to lose to Stony Brook. (insert Price is Right losing horn)

That should do.

Maine and William and Mary lose to FBS schools, Maine should have gotten the win.

...by a lot.

YSU and WIU pick up FCS wins. Missouri State avoids embarrassment. South Dakota hangs with New Mexico for 1 quarter but is now down 21 at the half.

I think NEC fans hoped for a better showing by Duquesne against YSU. Wagner beats a sub D-I. Robert Morris loses to ABC (Alderson-Broa... is what ESPN shows).

UT-M started off well against FBS Cincinnati before 3 straight red zone trips ended with a turnover or missed FG. Eastern Illinois loses the "Battle of Directional Illinois Schools that are OK at Best". TN Tech loses at home to Wofford. Jax State has a slow start against D2 North Alabama.

OK, so the title isn't fair, but I get tired of seeing Shorter and Mars Hill play 4 SoCon schools a year. The Citadel win at Mercer was a great game. Wofford gets the win we expected.

xlmaox

melloware13
September 1st, 2016, 10:57 PM
Delaware did match their entire 2015 total of passing TDs tonight, in addition to 400 yards on the ground.

tomq04
September 1st, 2016, 11:04 PM
Delaware did match their entire 2015 total of passing TDs tonight, in addition to 400 yards on the ground.

Come again?!?

Thumper 76
September 1st, 2016, 11:13 PM
Come again?!?

http://24.media.tumblr.com/e6e539638f1d0b81e0ea06e9c3e9798c/tumblr_n55rbyT8dh1s3pnt4o1_400.gif

JALMOND
September 1st, 2016, 11:24 PM
I spent all summer buying the North Dakota kool-aid. I think I'll have a beer now

chattanoogamocs
September 1st, 2016, 11:24 PM
I get tired of seeing Shorter

In the case of Chattanooga, please send your complaints to:

Austin Peay State University
c/o Athletics Director
Box 4515
601 College Street
Clarksville, TN 37044

If you hear anything back, let me know what they said. ;)

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 1st, 2016, 11:32 PM

The Lafayette people will be insufferable this week! Carney will pick the Hens by 60....

tomq04
September 1st, 2016, 11:32 PM
How many TD's did Delaware throw last year? I remember them being bad, but 2 passes??

http://www.nmnathletics.com/fls/29100/STATS/Football/2016/udfb1601.htm?ATCLID=211158584&SPSID=670226&SPID=110401&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=29100

Maybe I'm missing the satire.

PantherRob82
September 1st, 2016, 11:43 PM
In the case of Chattanooga, please send your complaints to:

Austin Peay State University
c/o Athletics Director
Box 4515
601 College Street
Clarksville, TN 37044

If you hear anything back, let me know what they said. ;)

Fair enough. :)

chattanoogamocs
September 1st, 2016, 11:47 PM
Fair enough. :)

And it was awful. It was such a mismatch, I actually felt sorry for them.

Shorter offense...
1 completed pass for 2 yards.
14 yards of rushing on 30 attempts.
Never got to midfield (actually, never got to the 40 yard line)

GoBlueHens83
September 1st, 2016, 11:51 PM
How many TD's did Delaware throw last year? I remember them being bad, but 2 passes??

http://www.nmnathletics.com/fls/29100/STATS/Football/2016/udfb1601.htm?ATCLID=211158584&SPSID=670226&SPID=110401&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=29100

Maybe I'm missing the satire.

No, it wasn't satire. UD threw 2 TD passes all of 2015.

caribbeanhen
September 2nd, 2016, 04:38 AM
I spent all summer buying the North Dakota kool-aid. I think I'll have a beer now

they should be ok now though, as long as they don't have to come east again

caribbeanhen
September 2nd, 2016, 04:40 AM

That should do.

...by a lot.

Delaware State would get beat by cross town Div III Wesley, that was just a bad football team, I mean worse than usual Del State, they had like 44 Freshman ....

blackbeard
September 2nd, 2016, 09:19 AM

YSU Duquesne was 24-10 at half, about what I expected. Then YSU dominated the 2nd half. Over 600 yds of offense for the game, they rolled.
Wagner was slow out of the gate, tied at half, then pulled away in the 4th. Not overly impressive.
Bobby No Mo embarrassed the entire conference with a pitiful showing at home against a weak D2 program. Pathetic showing despite winning the turnover margion 4-2. How can you possibly only have 149 yards of offense for the entire night??? Going to be a long season for the Colonials.

MR. CHICKEN
September 2nd, 2016, 11:38 AM

.....WHIFF YA BRO......SHOODAH WENT WHIFF DUH HEART....'STEAD UH MIND......SPEAKIN' UH DRINKIN'.....PAID $3.25.....FO' AN AQUAFINA.....DON'T GENERALLAH DRINK [email protected] CONTESTS.....ONCE DUH SEALL IS BROKEN YA KNOW........BUT IT JES' DAWNED ON DUH CHICKEN......WA-WA.......WILL SEND YA TO DUH WALL TOO.....NEXT HOMEY.......BEER TIME!.......BRAWK!

ps........BOUGHT UH 40 PACK UH DEER PARK @ COSTCO....DIS AM.....$4.99....AN' WASN'T ON SALE......AWK!

veinup
September 2nd, 2016, 12:29 PM
once the seal is broken what happens exactly

ysubigred
September 2nd, 2016, 12:32 PM
once the seal is broken what happens exactly

You piss often xdizzyx