PDA

View Full Version : Charleston Southern

CSU18
August 27th, 2016, 10:19 PM
First things first....

Congrats to NDSU. Your guts played a heck of a game.

Now for the better stuff....

To all of you NDSU fans that were ragging me all week - hope you know now what CSU is about. No crowd, no team, no stadium, no game is too big for us. NDSU is no doubt the standard of FCS football, but they're obviously not "unbeatable."

Thumper 76
August 27th, 2016, 10:21 PM
Respect much deserved for CSU, out performed expectations of the majority and damn near took the thing! Kudos!

Twentysix
August 27th, 2016, 10:24 PM
Great game CSU! Now make sure you beat FSU so you can improve our raitings.

WTFCollegefootballfan
August 27th, 2016, 10:26 PM
Good game CSU!!! xbowx

CSU18
August 27th, 2016, 10:27 PM
Great game CSU! Now make sure you beat FSU so you can improve our raitings.

Asking a lot now. NDSU was a tall task - FSU is a really tall task.

Bisonator
August 27th, 2016, 10:29 PM
Yep definitely underestimated your team. Heck of a game by them. Good luck the rest of the season!

IndyTreeFan
August 27th, 2016, 10:30 PM
That was fun! CSU walked into the teeth of the storm and weathered it really well. It's just awfully hard to beat those Bison in that dome. What a great game, though! Congrats to both teams!!!

Twentysix
August 27th, 2016, 10:31 PM
Asking a lot now. NDSU was a tall task - FSU is a really tall task.

Just build on this. :p

Thundar
August 27th, 2016, 11:53 PM
remember this...first OT game EVER.....EVER in the Dome

hated it but loved it had a blast felt bad for the CSU guys for about 30 seconds...:p

but seriously great game much respect, good luck this year

Bisonoline
August 28th, 2016, 12:20 AM
First things first....

To all of you NDSU fans that were ragging me all week - hope you know now what CSU is about. No crowd, no team, no stadium, no game is too big for us. NDSU is no doubt the standard of FCS football, but they're obviously not "unbeatable."

You played a great game and have a very well coached team. Good luck the rest of the year.
Your team also showed a lot of class and sportsmanship. You could see the players from both teams talking with each other when the refs were trying to figure out how to ref the game. I think that showed a comradery that one doesnt see much anymore. Well done!!!

Thundar
August 28th, 2016, 12:38 AM
You played a great game and have a very well coached team. Good luck the rest of the year.
Your team also showed a lot of class and sportsmanship. You could see the players from both teams talking with each other when the refs were trying to figure out how to ref the game. I think that showed a comradery that one doesnt see much anymore. Well done!!!

Agreed 100% CSU and Richmond two best teams thru here

Drblankstare
August 28th, 2016, 12:40 AM
Toe to toe, like a boxer you were beaten but not broken. Much respect

TheKingpin28
August 28th, 2016, 03:23 AM
I'll be the first to admit I ragged on them hard but man was I wrong. Congrats on the effort that CSU put out and good luck the rest of the way.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 28th, 2016, 07:52 AM
CSU played a very good game and is well coached.

Looking at the stats, it is surprising it was an overtime game but "stats" do not always tell the whole story.

POD Knows
August 28th, 2016, 09:06 AM

Great point, I don't think I saw a single chippy play or action the whole game. There was more chippy fan interaction in the stands where we were than there was on the field. :D

Professor Chaos
August 28th, 2016, 09:28 AM
CSU played a very good game and is well coached.

Looking at the stats, it is surprising it was an overtime game but "stats" do not always tell the whole story.
I think we saw how the punting/field position game can skew offensive stats. NDSU's punter averaged a paltry 32.5 yards per punt while CSU's punter averaged 42.5 yards. They both punted 6 times so that's 60 hidden yards NDSU had to account for. We've been spoiled with really good punters at NDSU since Drago played back in 2006. This year is going to take some getting used to in the punting game for us fans.

Sundog
August 28th, 2016, 09:34 AM
From everything I saw, read, and heard from CSU coaches, players, and fans, both before and after the game... CLASS ACT. Gave the Bison a great game, and weathered the tough conditions of the hostile Fargo Dome. I'll be rooting for these guys from here on out (until we see them again, of course.)

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 28th, 2016, 09:35 AM
I think we saw how the punting/field position game can skew offensive stats. NDSU's punter averaged a paltry 32.5 yards per punt while CSU's punter averaged 42.5 yards. They both punted 6 times so that's 60 hidden yards NDSU had to account for. We've been spoiled with really good punters at NDSU since Drago played back in 2006. This year is going to take some getting used to in the punting game for us fans.

Ben was very good and I agree we have become spoiled with very good punters. Koonce needs to punt better...period. 32 yards is not going to cut it. He has good hang time but not a lot of distance.

The defense looked very good IMO. Holding CSU to 260 yards is a very good effort. The offense will be fine IMO, they just need some more time to shake off the rust. There is a lot of talent on both sides of the ball.

The OL needs to step it up for game 2. MJ Stumpf had a very good game, as did Ambrosius. I thought Menard was held a lot but overall the defense is going to be very good.

EWU is going to test the secondary big time in a couple of weeks.

geaux_sioux
August 28th, 2016, 09:41 AM
That was the worst/longest first half of any football game I've ever been to. Both teams were not sharp. The second half was better but the crowd was hardly into it most of the time and the TV timeouts killed any and all momentum. The refs were also pretty indecisive. What conference were they from?

I was impressed with CSUs defense. Even when NDSU hit on a big play or were about to break one CSU shut the door quickly. They have really good closing speed. It was cool to see a college overtime in person even though my Bucs didn't pull it out.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 28th, 2016, 10:12 AM
That was the worst/longest first half of any football game I've ever been to. Both teams were not sharp. The second half was better but the crowd was hardly into it most of the time and the TV timeouts killed any and all momentum. The refs were also pretty indecisive. What conference were they from?

I was impressed with CSUs defense. Even when NDSU hit on a big play or were about to break one CSU shut the door quickly. They have really good closing speed. It was cool to see a college overtime in person even though my Bucs didn't pull it out.

1st game of the year, so I'll give the offense a "pass" on sharpness or crispness. CSU's defense is good but NDSU still had 425 yards of offense. Clean up the mistakes and turnovers and that game is totally different.

I'll take a 260 yard defensive effort any day by the Bison defense.

"my Bucs".....xcoolx

POD Knows
August 28th, 2016, 10:30 AM

You think you would be used to "bad" half's of football games by now. :D

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 28th, 2016, 10:37 AM
You think you would be used to "bad" half's of football games by now. :D

xlolx

Classic....UND fan calling a NDSU game "boring".....

geaux_sioux
August 28th, 2016, 11:05 AM
xlolx

Classic....UND fan calling a NDSU game "boring".....
The atmosphere last night in the loaf says that I wasn't the only one who was bored. The people around me couldn't believe the lack of flow to the game and how bad the atmosphere was.

POD Knows
August 28th, 2016, 11:28 AM
The atmosphere last night in the loaf says that I wasn't the only one who was bored. The people around me couldn't believe the lack of flow to the game and how bad the atmosphere was.

I actually agree with your statement, the crowd was dead and it was a strange environment.

I was just breaking your balls.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 28th, 2016, 11:29 AM

Not every game is going to have the same intensity as GSU in '13. My section was up and we were screaming our butts off. The Dome had good energy last nigh. Probably not like a playoff game but it was good.

"Lack of flow".....well I chalk that up to the 1st game of the year rustiness.

This Bison team has a ton of talent and will improve as the season goes along.

- - - Updated - - -

I actually agree with your statement, the crowd was dead and it was a strange environment.

I was just breaking your balls.

I disagree

POD Knows
August 28th, 2016, 11:32 AM
Not every game is going to have the same intensity as GSU in '13. My section was up and we were screaming our butts off. The Dome had good energy last nigh. Probably not like a playoff game but it was good.

"Lack of flow".....well I chalk that up to the 1st game of the year rustiness.

This Bison team has a ton of talent and will improve as the season goes along.

- - - Updated - - -

I disagree

Seemed dead to me, we are in section 6 and there were just a few people standing, which is somewhat unusual there. I think all the TV timeouts and the endless "coffee klatches" with the officiating crews slowed the game down.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 28th, 2016, 11:35 AM
Seemed dead to me, we are in section 6 and there were just a few people standing, which is somewhat unusual there. I think all the TV timeouts and the endless "coffee klatches" with the officiating crews slowed the game down.

I agree with the TV timeout crap....totally disrupted the flow of the game. But I thought the crowd did a good job last night. Has it been better? Sure it has, but not every game can be as loud as UNI in '11 or GSU in '12 or '13......just my opinion of course.

I have 2 80 year old ladies beside me and they cheered their butts off....xthumbsupx

geaux_sioux
August 28th, 2016, 11:43 AM
There were maybe three times where the crowd got a little into it but the noise level was still pretty normal. My other loaf experience with a good crowd was the UND game last year and that felt literally twice as loud. There was no physical sensation of the crowd noise last night. To me it felt like a UND hockey game where the spoiled fans are sitting there waiting to be given a reason to cheer.

BisonFan02
August 28th, 2016, 11:45 AM
There were maybe three times where the crowd got a little into it but the noise level was still pretty normal. My other loaf experience with a good crowd was the UND game last year and that felt literally twice as loud. There was no physical sensation of the crowd noise last night. To me it felt like a UND hockey game where the spoiled fans are sitting there waiting to be given a reason to cheer.

Not gonna get much disagreement from me there....it has been an interesting crowd shift over that past few years.

Schism55
August 28th, 2016, 11:58 AM
The refs were in preseason form, they took way too long on just about every call.

clenz
August 28th, 2016, 11:58 AM
Not gonna get much disagreement from me there....it has been an interesting crowd shift over that past few years.

Hmm...

Price the common fan out of the stadium by requiring massive donations and ever increasing ticket prices and eventually you force out what made the home field advantage.

See it all the time, especially in the NFL with PSLs

GFBison
August 28th, 2016, 11:59 AM
Thier running back was quoted as saying he couldn't hear the QB and he was standing next to him. That seems loud enough to me. Unless you have the same seats every game it's hard to judge one game from another. If some one really wanted to compare.

POD Knows
August 28th, 2016, 12:00 PM

yep, the OT was loud when CSU had the ball, and the crowd got pretty loud after the Bison TD's and CSU was on offense. Other than that, meh. It is a lot of work to show up for a game 3 hours before the tailgate opens, party like maniacs for 5 hours and then keep the intensity for 3.5 hours of football. :D

ASU33
August 28th, 2016, 12:09 PM
Hmm...

Price the common fan out of the stadium by requiring massive donations and ever increasing ticket prices and eventually you force out what made the home field advantage.

See it all the time, especially in the NFL with PSLs

How much are the NDSU tickets going for these days?

POD Knows
August 28th, 2016, 12:12 PM
How much are the NDSU tickets going for these days?

There is a big mix of prices, we have tickets on the goal line, about a third of the way up, on the Bison side of the field and ours are about $50 a seat. There are some pretty expensive seats in there

McNeese75
August 28th, 2016, 12:13 PM
Good grief,quit yer bitchin, LOL You are on ESPN, Mack Brown is in the booth (and you could not have paid someone to wave your flag any harder), it was an entertaining game, you won (although one unexpected twist could have turned it into a loss so be happy). Myself, I had to go to a fundraiser last night so after getting home I started watching on my TIVO without opening my phone or computer. My frickin recording ended around 2:00 AM at the CSU interception with under 30 seconds left in regulation so I had to go to the scoreboard to get the final results. Great first game by both teams!!! xbowx

ALPHAGRIZ1
August 28th, 2016, 12:29 PM
NDSU is no doubt the standard of FCS football, but they're obviously not "unbeatable."

NDSU won........so.....................

PantherRob82
August 28th, 2016, 12:57 PM
NDSU won........so.....................
I thought the same thing. So far they are unbeatable. LOL

Matt
August 28th, 2016, 02:44 PM
First things first....

I was totally wrong. You guys looked awesome. To perform like that on your first trip to Fargo is amazing. Congrats and good luck this season. Hope we see you in the playoffs (sort of)

Bisonoline
August 28th, 2016, 04:26 PM

No flow and very little tempo. When we did start getting some tempo after ripping off a few nice running first downs in a row our creative OC couldnt stand success and said why the hell call plays that actually work---lets try something different. JFC

The Yo Show
August 28th, 2016, 04:29 PM
No flow and very little tempo. When we did start getting some tempo after ripping off a few nice running first downs in a row our creative OC couldnt stand success and said why the hell call plays that actually work---lets try something different. JFC

Fun fact, my those are also my initials. This is not a joke :p

Bisonoline
August 28th, 2016, 04:31 PM
Fun fact, my those are also my initials. This is not a joke :p

xthumbsupx

caribbeanhen
August 28th, 2016, 06:11 PM
Good grief,quit yer bitchin, LOL You are on ESPN, Mack Brown is in the booth (and you could not have paid someone to wave your flag any harder), it was an entertaining game, you won (although one unexpected twist could have turned it into a loss so be happy). Myself, I had to go to a fundraiser last night so after getting home I started watching on my TIVO without opening my phone or computer. My frickin recording ended around 2:00 AM at the CSU interception with under 30 seconds left in regulation so I had to go to the scoreboard to get the final results. Great first game by both teams!!! xbowx

I hate when that happens, CSU has a great D, very physical.... the North Dakota State fans seemed bored, but I enjoyed the game