PDA

View Full Version : Northern Colorado at Purdue in 2008??

ncbears
December 27th, 2006, 11:43 AM
I was doing a little searching on the internet regarding UNC's future schedules and came across that we will be going to Purdue in 2008 for their opener. Our head coach Scott Downing coached at Purdue for a couple years so their is a connection. We need to make sure our scholarships are in place so this can happen.

http://purduesports.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/071400aah.html

PantherRob82
December 27th, 2006, 12:37 PM
wow. hope you get your schollys set up.

ncbears
December 27th, 2006, 03:08 PM
Me too. If any of you want to help out with our scholarships, contact our AD! ;) ;)

PantherRob82
December 27th, 2006, 03:52 PM
If I win the lottery the first stuff goes to UNI, maybe UNC can get a bit.

MplsBison
December 27th, 2006, 04:13 PM
Is Purdon't going to get the UNC that won back to back DII national championships in the mid 90's?

That'd be a nice upset.

GRZZ
December 27th, 2006, 04:23 PM
Wow, good luck to you guys. I am sure things will be in better shape at that point then they are now, but that will be a tough game!

aggie6thman
December 27th, 2006, 04:57 PM
Good luck! Always nice to see FCS teams get a chance to beat the BCS!

PantherRob82
December 27th, 2006, 05:11 PM
I never thought about the fact UNC could be decent in 2008. :)

ncbears
December 27th, 2006, 05:21 PM
Is Purdon't going to get the UNC that won back to back DII national championships in the mid 90's?

That'd be a nice upset.

That would be nice! Who knows we could be good in a couple years. But you're right, those teams could have beaten a lot of d1 teams.

purduecrum
January 2nd, 2007, 09:16 PM
I was doing a little searching on the internet regarding UNC's future schedules and came across that we will be going to Purdue in 2008 for their opener. Our head coach Scott Downing coached at Purdue for a couple years so their is a connection. We need to make sure our scholarships are in place so this can happen.

http://purduesports.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/071400aah.html

As a season ticket holder to Purdue, I can't wait for Northern Colorado in '08 and Eastern Illinois in '07. Shame on Purdue scheduling those games... I thought enduring MAC games in Ross-Ade stadium was bad enough, or even Minnesota on a regular basis, but adding $50 to my season ticket for Indiana State ('06), Eastern Illinois, and Northern Colorado doesn't do much for me.

However, without games like these the bowls would even be less interesting.

PantherRob82
January 2nd, 2007, 09:19 PM
That's how I feel about D-II games.

TxSt02
January 2nd, 2007, 09:35 PM
go to the game and go to breakfast club... one of the best traditions in college football

NoCoDanny
January 3rd, 2007, 09:12 AM
We need the money.

spelunker64
January 3rd, 2007, 10:16 AM
Hopefully we can play each other again soon too. The UNC games were always pretty good, except for the last one.

ncbears
January 3rd, 2007, 03:34 PM
Hopefully we can play each other again soon too. The UNC games were always pretty good, except for the last one.

I agree. The Bison and Bears games are usually good ones. I wouldn't mind seeing you guys either or SDSU. Some of us old NCC schools need to keep competing against each other. Some good rivalry's.

NoCoDanny
January 3rd, 2007, 05:23 PM
I agree. The Bison and Bears games are usually good ones. I wouldn't mind seeing you guys either or SDSU. Some of us old NCC schools need to keep competing against each other. Some good rivalry's.

Not for a couple years though. It would just be embarrassing now.

spelunker64
January 4th, 2007, 07:57 AM
Not for a couple years though. It would just be embarrassing now.

Yeah, and then we would get the negative SOS comments after whooping up on you.

:smiley_wi

NoCoDanny
January 4th, 2007, 09:34 AM
If you're worried about S.O.S. keep us off it.