PDA

View Full Version : Hero Sports FCS Preseason All-Americans

SU DOG
August 17th, 2016, 09:46 AM
http://herosports.com/news/ncaa-fcs-mens-football/preseason-fcs-all-america-team-2016#1

JSUSoutherner
August 17th, 2016, 09:59 AM
Umm. There's an omission on this list big enough to drive a semi through. Arguably two.

dewey
August 17th, 2016, 10:12 AM
Umm. There's an omission on this list big enough to drive a semi through. Arguably two.

Not enough Chattanooga players:D

Dewey

Daytripper
August 17th, 2016, 11:47 AM

Agree. P.J. Hall makes special teams but not first or second team D-line? Whatever.

And JSUSoutherner, Jenkins should be in there somewhere.

JSUSoutherner
August 17th, 2016, 12:13 PM
Agree. P.J. Hall makes special teams but not first or second team D-line? Whatever.

And JSUSoutherner, Jenkins should be in there somewhere.
Yeah. Hall is definitely a huge omission. KD Humphries needs to be swapped with Eli on the list. Barge has a pretty good argument to be on as well.

but I agree: whatever.

clenz
August 17th, 2016, 12:34 PM
I refer you to your own text message...

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160817/3a81c1600f73d01bfd0bdbf048419b51.jpg

Nickels
August 17th, 2016, 09:08 PM
I'm hearing PJ had a great off season. He's up to 280 now and will be playing inside as well. He should have a beastly year. Especially with Mouf Adebo back on the otherside (out last year due to injury).

The Kats also added two big transfers at DE; Derick Roberson from UT who was highly touted (No. 64 overall No. 4 DE prospect in the nation according to 24/7) coming out of high school but had a shoulder injury and was a involved in a car wreck his freshman season in Austin. He's healthy and has 3 years to contribute. Marcus Loud, a projected starter for Mizzou, was also added. He was kicked off the Mizzou team in May and will arrive in Huntsville as a Junior.

Point being, with Adebo back and if just one of transfers lives up to potential, PJ will have a lot more help which should give him more one on one opportunities especially if he's moving around on the line.

Agree on Barge.

Schism55
August 17th, 2016, 09:49 PM
The 2 best DT's in the country (Schult and Tanguay) aren't on the team. xconfusedx

BisonTru
August 17th, 2016, 09:55 PM
The 2 best DT's in the country (Schult and Tanguay) aren't on the team. xconfusedx

DTs are wildly underrated on these lists, IMO. People fall in love with stats and then throw 4 DEs on an All-American list.

Twentysix
August 18th, 2016, 02:05 AM
I'm hearing PJ had a great off season. He's up to 280 now and will be playing inside as well. He should have a beastly year. Especially with Mouf Adebo back on the otherside (out last year due to injury).

The Kats also added two big transfers at DE; Derick Roberson from UT who was highly touted (No. 64 overall No. 4 DE prospect in the nation according to 24/7) coming out of high school but had a shoulder injury and was a involved in a car wreck his freshman season in Austin. He's healthy and has 3 years to contribute. Marcus Loud, a projected starter for Mizzou, was also added. He was kicked off the Mizzou team in May and will arrive in Huntsville as a Junior.

Point being, with Adebo back and if just one of transfers lives up to potential, PJ will have a lot more help which should give him more one on one opportunities especially if he's moving around on the line.

Agree on Barge.

That doesnt bother you?

Nickels
August 18th, 2016, 12:46 PM
That doesnt bother you?
IMO you don't want too many and you dont want serious criminals but I don't mind one or two a year if they do everything right in Huntsville. If they dont, their asses will be gone like Jalen Overstreet.

Marcus admitted maturity was his issue at Mizzou. I respect that he manned up and wants to be better so I'm ok with this one.

I would be pissed if Keeler brought someone in like McNeese's Golden though.

Grizalltheway
August 18th, 2016, 12:50 PM
IMO you don't want too many and you dont want serious criminals but I don't mind one or two a year if they do everything right in Huntsville. If they dont, their asses will be gone like Jalen Overstreet.

Marcus admitted maturity was his issue at Mizzou. I respect that he manned up and wants to be better so I'm ok with this one.

I would be pissed if Keeler brought someone in like McNeese's Golden though.

How anyone defends that one is beyond me...

Nickels
August 18th, 2016, 01:00 PM
How anyone defends that one is beyond me...
"He's been a model citizen in Lake Charles" - McNeese fans that have no clue what this thug has been doing (other than being in jail the last few months). They equate lack of additional charges to model citizen. Quite a low bar if you ask me.

UNIFanSince1983
August 18th, 2016, 02:24 PM
PJ Hall was first team as a Special Teams guy on this.

VictoryViking
August 18th, 2016, 02:52 PM
Wow....when you try to boil things down to a list this short, it gets a little difficult. IMO this list is way off. I guess we will have to see as the year progresses.... but this list just doesn't have some of the highly touted guys that are on the NFL watch list.

On the Boo Hiss scale

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23283&stc=1

Cat-in-GA
August 18th, 2016, 03:28 PM
Glad to see that I am not the only one who thinks this list is off.