PDA

View Full Version : Reserved seating for the 75th Magic City Classic sells out in just under an hour

ASU33
August 15th, 2016, 02:01 PM
http://wiat.com/2016/08/15/mcdonalds-magic-city-classic-tickets-on-sale-monday/

Select reserved seating for the October 29th clash between Alabama State and Alabama A&M we on sale this morning and sold out within the hour. General admission tickets also went on sale this morning but there's still a substantial amount remaining.

SU DOG
August 15th, 2016, 02:29 PM
I'm SO glad we play a road game that weekend, even if it is in Starkville MS. LOL

ASU33
August 15th, 2016, 02:37 PM
I'm SO glad we play a road game that weekend, even if it is in Starkville MS. LOL

You guys just might pull that one out. That kid Hodges is the real deal. I've been watching him since he was over at Jordan.

dgtw
August 15th, 2016, 02:53 PM
Has any thought been given to what you will do if the city ever decides to throw in the towel on Legion Field and tear it down? They have a stadium planned for downtown that will house UAB's team, but I don't think it will seat more than 40,000.

Congrats on how the Classic has really taken off the last few years. I think the games have sold out for quite a while now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ASU33
August 15th, 2016, 03:12 PM
Has any thought been given to what you will do if the city ever decides to throw in the towel on Legion Field and tear it down? They have a stadium planned for downtown that will house UAB's team, but I don't think it will seat more than 40,000.
Congrats on how the Classic has really taken off the last few years. I think the games have sold out for quite a while now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The administration of both schools have been meeting with city of Birmingham and Jefferson County officials on a regular basis over the past few years. Our administration has played a key role into Legion Field upgrades that its gotten over the last two years. Buy upgrades or not the city eventually will have to completely renovate the stadium or build a new one. The talk about the 40,000 seat stadium was heating up but its been hung up because the city wants at least 55,000 seats to keep the Magic City Classic and draw in other events.Atlanta has been trying for the better part of the last decade to get us to relocate the game there and 2 years ago that almost happened but the city of Birmingham increased each schools payouts and we signed a 8 year extension on top of the 2 years that was remaining on the contract with the city.