PDA

View Full Version : Have your AD call our AD

ndsubison
December 26th, 2006, 01:08 PM
The NDSU Bison are in serious need of games for 2007. I am not connected to the AD but some of you just might be. Have your AD call our AD and let's see what we can get going for 2007.

gobison.com

GaSouthern
December 26th, 2006, 01:13 PM
No thanks, We don't need another butt whoopin! :(

PantherRob82
December 26th, 2006, 01:27 PM
Don't you guys return the trip to NDSU?

Jerbearasu
December 26th, 2006, 01:39 PM
The NDSU Bison are in serious need of games for 2007. I am not connected to the AD but some of you just might be. Have your AD call our AD and let's see what we can get going for 2007.

gobison.com

Sure would be fun to see the App v. NDSU showdown. Would definitely be the FCS Pre-season Game of the Year. We lost LSU to our 2007 schedule too but we usually want at least 1 FBS game scheduled. It'll be interesting to see who ends up on our schedule. The only OOC game I know of is a home contest vs. Gardner Webb.

PantherRob82
December 26th, 2006, 01:55 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing NDSU on our schedule, but since we are already at SDSU, and keeping in mind the UND fiasco, I can't imagine we'll be playing this year.

blueballs
December 26th, 2006, 03:08 PM
Sure would be fun to see the App v. NDSU showdown. Would definitely be the FCS Pre-season Game of the Year. We lost LSU to our 2007 schedule too but we usually want at least 1 FBS game scheduled. It'll be interesting to see who ends up on our schedule. The only OOC game I know of is a home contest vs. Gardner Webb.

If both teams have open slots/dates next year they need to make this game. With the returning talent both programs will have this would be the preseason GOTY.

Make it happen!!!!!!!!!

PantherRob82
December 26th, 2006, 04:21 PM
If both teams have open slots/dates next year they need to make this game. With the returning talent both programs will have this would be the preseason GOTY.

Make it happen!!!!!!!!!

Agreed. If it was at NDSU and I wouldn't miss a UNI game I would make the drive.

JALMOND
December 26th, 2006, 04:58 PM
It would be nice, considering how NDSU did this year. However, due to some "lingering" bad blood between PSU and NDSU/SDSU (the idea that we were the ones who kept the Bison and Rabbits out of the Big Sky), I don't think a game is forthcoming any time soon.

We'll just leave it to the committee come playoff time (if we get in).

Seven Would Be Nice
December 26th, 2006, 06:43 PM
Don't you guys return the trip to NDSU?

Yes, but not untill 08 or 09.

We have SDSU on the list this year... I like seeing them on the schedule much more than NDSU. :D

PantherRob82
December 26th, 2006, 07:08 PM
Yes, but not untill 08 or 09.

We have SDSU on the list this year... I like seeing them on the schedule much more than NDSU. :D

Be careful what you wish for. They aren't a pushover. You guys going to Brookings or at home.

RabidRabbit
December 26th, 2006, 07:26 PM
Be careful what you wish for. They aren't a pushover. You guys going to Brookings or at home.

At GSU, 10/06 according to the SDSU schedule. That's ok, we get Eagles in Brookings when play-off eligible. '08 Eagles play in Fargo Dome.

I hope the UNI game is set at Brookings for 9/15. Always enjoyed UNI games in the 70's. :thumbsup:

74AppState
December 26th, 2006, 10:06 PM
App and NDSU sounds like a great game except the distance involved--that would be a killer road trip for the visiting team to recover in a week. App played Hawai'i a few years ago and the trip was a killer (guess the paycheck was good though).

Seven Would Be Nice
December 26th, 2006, 10:07 PM

Last time they came to Statesboro I remember sitting in the stands chanting "We Want 70!" as we had the ball, 5 minutes left on the clock and were up 63-7... (and bored out of our minds at the game)

oh how times have changed...

tarmac
December 26th, 2006, 10:37 PM
I doubt APP will try to schedule any more home games this year due to major work starting on the stadium soon.

BearsCountry
December 27th, 2006, 12:32 AM
We will see you in 2008 more than likely, I think our schedule is full for this season.

kats89
December 27th, 2006, 07:00 AM
We have a couple of open dates..

Sept. 1 (Sat.) --- open ---
Sept. 8 (Sat.) Arkansas-Monticello Huntsville 6pm
Sept. 15 (Sat.) Missouri State Huntsville 6pm
Sept. 22 (Sat.) --- open ---
Sept. 29 (Sat.) Oklahoma State Stillwater, OK TBA
Oct. 6 (Sat.) #Central Arkansas Huntsville TBA
Oct. 13 (Sat.) #McNeese State Lake Charles, LA 7:30pm
Oct. 20 (Sat.) #Northwestern St. Huntsville TBA
Oct. 27 (Sat.) #Stephen F. Austin State Nacogdoches TBA
Nov. 3 (Sat.) #Nicholls State Huntsville TBA
Nov. 10 (Sat.) #Southeastern Louisiana Hammond, LA TBA
Nov. 17 (Sat.) #Texas State-San Marcos San Marcos TBA

spelunker64
December 28th, 2006, 07:59 AM
App and NDSU sounds like a great game except the distance involved--that would be a killer road trip for the visiting team to recover in a week. App played Hawai'i a few years ago and the trip was a killer (guess the paycheck was good though).

Fargo does have an airport...

I believe we traveled to Georgia, Texas, California this year, didn't seem to faze us.

89rabbit
December 28th, 2006, 09:40 AM
Last time they came to Statesboro I remember sitting in the stands chanting "We Want 70!" as we had the ball, 5 minutes left on the clock and were up 63-7... (and bored out of our minds at the game)

True enough you did spank us in the Boro. However we were playing with only 38 scholarships. The next year ('05) we had 42 scholarships and the final score in Brookings was GSU 55 - SDSU 42.

Next time you see us we will have 63 scholarships, you have now been warned! :nod:

Should be a fun game, I am planning on making the trip to Georgia!

Seven Would Be Nice
December 28th, 2006, 09:47 AM
True enough you did spank us in the Boro. However we were playing with only 38 scholarships. The next year ('05) we had 42 scholarships and the final score in Brookings was GSU 55 - SDSU 42.

Next time you see us we will have 63 scholarships, you have now been warned! :nod:

Should be a fun game, I am planning on making the trip to Georgia!

Oh ok, I wasn't award of the scholarship situation. It should be a good game. 05 was the highest scoring game I had seen in a long time. (sounds like the start of a new thread...."highest scoring 1-AA game"...).

You Dakota people love to travel. Ya'll (NDSU, SDSU) brought more fans to Paulson than some of our neighbors just a state away. I don't blame you for wanting to leave Canada and join us in the south for some good ole fashions tail gating and football. :D :D

PantherRob82
December 28th, 2006, 10:16 AM
At GSU, 10/06 according to the SDSU schedule. That's ok, we get Eagles in Brookings when play-off eligible. '08 Eagles play in Fargo Dome.

I hope the UNI game is set at Brookings for 9/15. Always enjoyed UNI games in the 70's. :thumbsup:

Sounds set to me. See you there. :thumbsup:

PantherRob82
December 28th, 2006, 10:17 AM

That's a great chant. xlolx

PantherRob82
December 28th, 2006, 10:18 AM
Fargo does have an airport...

I believe we traveled to Georgia, Texas, California this year, didn't seem to faze us.

You guys have electricity? :rolleyes:

spelunker64
December 28th, 2006, 01:20 PM
You guys have electricity? :rolleyes:

Everyday, except those after ice-storms

PantherRob82
December 28th, 2006, 01:39 PM
Everyday, except those after ice-storms

wow, what about running water? ;) xlolx

spelunker64
December 28th, 2006, 01:49 PM

Ice-Melting downhill, see previous post...

NDSUFREAK
December 28th, 2006, 02:03 PM
Dont be afraid if you see dirt roads and horses for transportation.

RabidRabbit
December 28th, 2006, 03:55 PM

In spring, in Fargo? xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Usually all over the city! Depends on how well the city does on dynamiting the ice dams on the Red :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

Up until Katrina, Grand Forks had the dubious distinction of being the largest city in which the US had lost a flood fight since the start of the National Flood Insurance Program. And its DOWNSTREAM of Fargo. :eek: :eek:

RabidRabbit
December 28th, 2006, 03:57 PM
I doubt APP will try to schedule any more home games this year due to major work starting on the stadium soon.

I hear the Bison calling Yosef to da plains, da planes! xlolx xlolx xlolx

PantherRob82
December 28th, 2006, 04:14 PM

Usually all over the city! Depends on how well the city does on dynamiting the ice dams on the Red :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

Up until Katrina, Grand Forks had the dubious distinction of being the largest city in which the US had lost a flood fight since the start of the National Flood Insurance Program. And its DOWNSTREAM of Fargo. :eek: :eek:

This thread is great. Being from Iowa I know all the stupid questions people from the coast ask you.

BearsCountry
December 28th, 2006, 05:15 PM
Heck I'm from Missouri, which is more build up than Iowa and the Dakotas and we still get the same questions.

PantherRob82
December 28th, 2006, 05:18 PM
Heck I'm from Missouri, which is more build up than Iowa and the Dakotas and we still get the same questions.

I've heard people in Ohio and such get the same questions. The funny thing is, I was with a bunch of people from California in Bartlesville,OK (not exactly the big city). We had water, electricity, etc and they were still asking if we had it in Iowa. What is it with the education systems on the coasts?

TheBisonator
December 28th, 2006, 10:53 PM

And they built civic centers and such with FEMA money instead of using it for flood walls...:read:

spelunker64
December 29th, 2006, 07:30 AM
I know PantherRob was only joking, but it's funny how many people actually think this stuff.

No Airports, we just have the plane fly really slow and low and we bail out.

Had one guy ask if we had to shoo the buffalo off the runway in order to land.

Sod homes, no power, hand wells, ma, pa, and little half-pint up here I guess.

I have Bessy the cow, out back, walking in circles in order to power my generator so I can blab about college football. Is'nt life great. YeeeHaaw!

PantherRob82
December 29th, 2006, 10:27 AM
I know PantherRob was only joking, but it's funny how many people actually think this stuff.

I have Bessy the cow out back walking in circles in order to power my generator so I can blab about college football. Is'nt life great. YeeeHaaw!

xlolx xlolx xlolx

RabidRabbit
December 29th, 2006, 02:54 PM

I have Bessy the cow, out back, walking in circles in order to power my generator so I can blab about college football. Is'nt life great. YeeeHaaw!

Surprised not on roof of sod shanty xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

RabidRabbit
December 29th, 2006, 02:57 PM

gobison.com

Hey Bison! Know that you're short on 1 -games, 2 -home games, can you share open dates trying to fill?

Hammersmith
December 29th, 2006, 03:39 PM
Hey Bison! Know that you're short on 1 -games, 2 -home games, can you share open dates trying to fill?

01 Sep OPEN
08 Sep SFA
15 Sep OPEN
22 Sep OPEN
29 Sep OPEN

06 Oct UC Davis*
13 Oct at MS Valley State
20 Oct at Minnesota
27 Oct Southern Utah*

03 Nov OPEN
10 Nov at Cal Poly*
17 Nov at SDSU*

BigApp
December 29th, 2006, 05:36 PM
hah! that's rich Spelunker!

GOTOREROS
December 29th, 2006, 07:52 PM

gobison.com

Harbaugh says he can beat you guys...........:smiley_wi

We at USD want nothing to do with you and your team......:o

GOTOREROS

TheBisonator
December 29th, 2006, 07:54 PM
Harbaugh says he can beat you guys...........:smiley_wi

We at USD want nothing to do with you and your team......:o

GOTOREROS

Yeah, just like you handled UC-Davis...xcoffeex

GOTOREROS
December 29th, 2006, 07:57 PM
Yeah, just like you handled UC-Davis...xcoffeex

What part of my post did you not get? Harbaugh is now at Stanford - thus the "self promotion" machine is gone and I was saying I wouldn't want any part of NDSU. Hence the "embarassment" smiley....

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????

:read: :read: :read: :read: :read: :read: :read: :read: :read: :read:

Husky Alum
December 30th, 2006, 10:21 AM
We've been to Fargo, thanks - I don't think we'll be coming back any time soon, unless Rocky wants to go back.

We're also full for 2007, 2008 and 2009.

Gil Dobie
December 30th, 2006, 10:40 AM
We've been to Fargo, thanks - I don't think we'll be coming back any time soon, unless Rocky wants to go back.

We're also full for 2007, 2008 and 2009.

Northeastern was a decent team, better than their record/schedule showed.

Husky Alum
December 30th, 2006, 10:45 AM
We played you guys somewhat shorthanded as our starting nose tackle was out, and our best back (Murray) cramped up and could only play a couple of series.

What people don't realize is that it was a 20-10 game in the 4th when one of our LB's dropped a sure INT for a TD because he had the end zone in sight. You guys then kicked a field goal to make it 23-10. No excuses however, the better team won on that day. I think if you guys wanted you could have added another score late in the game but showed some deference to Rocky and everything he did for NDSU.

We finished real strong and I think the tough early season schedule did do us some good at the end.

MplsBison
December 30th, 2006, 12:20 PM
Both NE and SDSU had really good tight ends.