PDA

View Full Version : NDSU v Delaware Home and Home

Pages : [1] 2

No_Skill
August 10th, 2016, 12:09 PM
Just announced on Bison 1660. Bison host in 2018 and return the game in 2019.

Professor Chaos
In Fargo December 1st, 2018. In Newark September 14, 2019.

https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY/status/763421103465398273

https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY/status/763421390288613377

AmsterBison
Finally!

NDSU v Delaware. At NDSU in 2018 and at Delaware in 2019!

Trumpster
August 10th, 2016, 12:10 PM
Triple Thread!

AmsterBison
Oops, we posted simultaneously so I'll bump yours up.

Reported on Bison 1660 AM just a couple minutes ago.

Trumpster
Triple Thread!

Trumpster
August 10th, 2016, 12:11 PM
Triple Thread!

ursus arctos horribilis
August 10th, 2016, 12:11 PM
Just announced on Bison 1660. Bison host in 2018 and return the game in 2019.

Now we're talking! Getting some of the CAA back into some H&H's with something a little West of them will be something good for the fan bases.

I'd love to be going to Delaware, hitting the Philly area and having some fun out that way. Great job to both schools.

No_Skill
August 10th, 2016, 12:12 PM
I was first. :P

clenz
August 10th, 2016, 12:13 PM
Holy ****....a CAA team has the balls to leave the New England area?

Wow.

Professor Chaos
August 10th, 2016, 12:13 PM
Triple Thread!
http://memecrunch.com/meme/SXAY/talladega-nights-anarchy/image.jpg

AmsterBison
August 10th, 2016, 12:14 PM
A match between two teams who have won both D2 and FCS championships?

Pretty sure that Montana State and Eastern Illinois belong to that club too.

No_Skill
August 10th, 2016, 12:15 PM
Triple Thread!

I'm sure Ursus was bored anyway.

PS. The auto correct on my tab changes Ursus to Jesus. Coincidence?

Professor Chaos
August 10th, 2016, 12:15 PM
Triple Thread!
Bisonville only had 2. AGS wins!

FargoBison
August 10th, 2016, 12:16 PM

Wow.

My thoughts exactly.

Twentysix
August 10th, 2016, 12:17 PM
Im very surprised it wasnt unh

Gangtackle11
August 10th, 2016, 12:21 PM
My thoughts exactly.

Yeah....we are all afraid....can't sleep at night thinking about it.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!

Sader87
August 10th, 2016, 12:22 PM
Middle Atlantic area actually xdrunkyx

ursus arctos horribilis
August 10th, 2016, 12:24 PM
Im very surprised it wasnt unh

Well, thinking about this a bit. Delaware really needs to do some things to bring their fan base back a bit and maybe doing some of this will help them out a bit in bringing back the interest. I know the administration there has fumbled badly so gambling a bit will help bring in some new blood with students and reignite some older ones as well.

UNH and others might begin replacing a PL game here and there with some higher profile types around the mid and Western parts as well since they have possibly seen the interest that can be generated with these games...talking the kickoffs and so forth.

If you want to be a great early season matchup you probably gotta schedule some out this direction to make the ESPN game.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 10th, 2016, 12:26 PM
Yeah....we are all afraid....can't sleep at night thinking about it.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!

Maybe not, but you do not do it. It's been about 15 years now hasn't it?

Gangtackle11
August 10th, 2016, 12:33 PM
Maybe not, but you do not do it. It's been about 15 years now hasn't it?
I won't speak for the rest of the CAA, but I don't think Villanova has any interest of playing public institutions from 1500+ miles away. We have plenty of peer schools to play in a 250 mile geographic area that it doesn't make much sense for our program.

Maybe this is a good sign for Delaware fans that the new President & AD are looking to regain a national prominence once again. I for one believe it would be great to see a powerful Delaware for our rivalry & the CAA reputation.

Im happy if you are happy playing a CAA team in the regular season. It probably won't be Villanova anytime soon.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 10th, 2016, 12:40 PM
I won't speak for the rest of the CAA, but I don't think Villanova has any interest of playing public institutions from 1500+ miles away. We have plenty of peer schools to play in a 250 mile geographic area that it doesn't make much sense for our program.

Maybe this is a good sign for Delaware fans that the new President & AD are looking to regain a national prominence once again. I for one believe it would be great to see a powerful Delaware for our rivalry & the CAA reputation.

Im happy if you are happy playing a CAA team in the regular season. It probably won't be Villanova anytime soon.

Of course not. You guys are probably more into your peer institutions and that is fine by me. I enjoy seeing teams step outside their comfort zone and test themselves like some in the CAA used to do long ago. I don't care that it is Villanova, I am good seeing ANY CAA team do it. That is what I meant by the 15 yrs. comment. I sure could have skipped over one but Montana/Maine is about the last of it that I remember unless it was Montana/Hofstra but those were both right around the year 2000.

Maybe for the reasons you presented also, I think Delaware is a bigger draw as far as fans on this side maybe as well. Could be wrong.

BisonTru
August 10th, 2016, 12:51 PM
Awesome deal. Hopefully the Iggles are home that weekend as well. 

BisonFan02
August 10th, 2016, 12:51 PM
ROADTRIP!

IBleedYellow
August 10th, 2016, 01:02 PM
Bring on the competition!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

IBleedYellow
August 10th, 2016, 01:03 PM
Awesome deal. Hopefully the Iggles are home that weekend as well. 
Yep. First thing I thought of.

Thumper 76
August 10th, 2016, 01:05 PM

Wow.

They did have a H&H with SDSU a while back, so they at least have done it before.

IBleedYellow
August 10th, 2016, 01:10 PM
Not going to lie, I wasn't expecting a H&H with anyone from the East coast except Stony Brook.

Very happily surprised.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 10th, 2016, 01:11 PM
They did have a H&H with SDSU a while back, so they at least have done it before.

I thought you guys went there as a single or the return was bought out? Well there is one I forgot about from about 8 yrs. ago then already.

dewey
August 10th, 2016, 01:13 PM
Not going to lie, I wasn't expecting a H&H with anyone from the East coast except Stony Brook.

Very happily surprised.

Agreed. It is nice to see a new team coming to the Fargodome

So far the NDSU 2018 OOC lineup is just Delaware.

The 2019 OOC schedule looks like vs. Butler, UND and at Delaware.

Dewey

Thumper 76
August 10th, 2016, 01:15 PM
I thought you guys went there as a single or the return was bought out? Well there is one I forgot about from about 8 yrs. ago then already.

The return game I believe was mutually agreed not to be played or something of that sort due to the recession or something like that. I'm sure mmiller or kemo or somebody knows better than me. So maybe it doesn't qualify for this discussion? I mean at least it was originally agreed on.

dewey
August 10th, 2016, 01:18 PM

I found 1 game of SDSU at Delaware in 2010. No other evidence of a return trip by the blue hens.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/game?gameId=302540048

Dewey

Gangtackle11
August 10th, 2016, 01:22 PM
Of course not. You guys are probably more into your peer institutions and that is fine by me. I enjoy seeing teams step outside their comfort zone and test themselves like some in the CAA used to do long ago. I don't care that it is Villanova, I am good seeing ANY CAA team do it. That is what I meant by the 15 yrs. comment. I sure could have skipped over one but Montana/Maine is about the last of it that I remember unless it was Montana/Hofstra but those were both right around the year 2000.

Maybe for the reasons you presented also, I think Delaware is a bigger draw as far as fans on this side maybe as well. Could be wrong.

Delaware is a solid choice. It's has the history & pride of a championship program that has lost its way in the last decade. Their attendance figures although down are still superior to most if not all in the CAA (JMU better). Their longtime fan base on their website have complained for years about the lack of quality OOC opponents on their home schedule. Delaware State, Lafayette, Jacksonville,Sacred Heart etc. (they lost to JU & SHU to boot) do not excite the once proud Delaware fan base. This is a positive sign that the new administration is looking to restore Delaware to at least an FCS power once again.

melloware13
August 10th, 2016, 01:28 PM
Delaware's last regular season non-con FCS game outside of the Mid-Atlantic was Furman in 2008. UD's 2018 OOC schedule is now @NDSU, Lafayette, Cornell (so 2-1 is expected). 2019 is tougher, with @Pitt, DSU, NDSU. Now only missing one game in 2019 and one in 2020.

clenz
August 10th, 2016, 01:31 PM
CAA OOC games agaisnt FCS teamsoutside of the New England/Mid-Atlantic area since 2005...I'm including North Carolina as mid-atlantic..you have a conference mate in the state and about 70% of people seem to include it

Albany: Montana (07....NEC member for this game)
UD: None
Elon: None
JMU: None
Maine: Youngstown St (06)....just barely outside of what's considered the mid-atlantic
UNH: UC-Davis (05)
URI: None
UR: None
SBU: None
Towson: None
Villanova: None
WM: None

The VA schools average 9 games in the state of VA per year

Even for FBS games, outside of Maine none of the CAAs travel outside of the eastern time zone further than Chicago. I think there were only about 5 FBS games outside of the eastern time zone and nearly all of them belonged to Maine.

centennial
August 10th, 2016, 01:33 PM
Like others have mentioned this might be a play at getting on ESPN. All this provided NDSU can still make FCS semis, or finals. Or if Delaware can do the same, or knock off a big FBS team. Good for Delaware, now they need to actually play good football.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 10th, 2016, 01:39 PM
Nice to see some new teams.

The '18 game will be when this year's stud sophomore class will be seniors.

3 years away....hope UD is competitive.

mango433
August 10th, 2016, 01:43 PM

From what I can remember/searching the SDSU board. It was a 2-for-1 with us going out there twice. Games in 2011 and 2012 were cancelled.

PantherRob82
August 10th, 2016, 01:45 PM
CAA OOC games agaisnt FCS teamsoutside of the New England/Mid-Atlantic area since 2005...I'm including North Carolina as mid-atlantic..you have a conference mate in the state and about 70% of people seem to include it

Maine: Youngstown St (06)....just barely outside of what's considered the mid-atlantic

Even for FBS games, outside of Maine none of the CAAs travel outside of the eastern time zone further than Chicago. I think there were only about 5 FBS games outside of the eastern time zone and nearly all of them belonged to Maine.

UNH has been living in California lately.

Schism55
August 10th, 2016, 01:47 PM
Well done by both sides. Great to see new blood in the dome and good experience for our guy to travel there. I am pumped for these games.

clenz
August 10th, 2016, 01:47 PM
UNH has been living in California lately.
FBS body bags don't count.

And if you could living in as two games in 11 seasons...sure
UC Davis 05
San Jose State 15

They get paid to go to San Diego State this year.

3 games in 12 years isn't exactly "living in California"

By contrast, since we are UNI fans, UNI has gone to Colorado, Utah, Texas, California, Washington and will go to Montana. Also had home games against a school of Louisiana.

Schism55
August 10th, 2016, 01:51 PM

It doesn't make much sense to play the standard bearer in the FCS? Maybe that's why Nova isn't in the discussion for the 'chip and hasn't been for some time.

Bisonator
August 10th, 2016, 01:57 PM
This is great! Bring on Caribbeanhen! You have 2 years to step up your game!xthumbsupx

Gangtackle11
August 10th, 2016, 02:05 PM
It doesn't make much sense to play the standard bearer in the FCS? Maybe that's why Nova isn't in the discussion for the 'chip and hasn't been for some time.

Ranked #4 in FCS preseason poll last season. Serious contender that was cut short by rash of injuries including Walter Payton Award winner QB. Won the ' ship in 2009. Playoff semi finalist in 2010. Playoff team in 2012/14.

Nova has played a P5 opponent in 3 of past 5 seasons. Played Temple & UConn in the other years. We are just fine without traveling to ND or anywhere west of Pittsburgh.

Fact is is if you don't root for the team from Fargo you might as well pack in early & hope your hoop team is entertaining (Villanova's hoops team isn't too shabby).

Not scheduling an MVFC isn't going to determine how far Villanova or any other CAA team will go. NDSU has an amazing dynasty. Enjoy it.

Mattymc727
August 10th, 2016, 02:07 PM
Ive sent plenty of emails to the associate AD to set up intriguing H/H with out of the region FCS schools. Normally, it doesnt make sense for a team like UNH to book one of these because why spend the money to travel 1500 miles away and then have a return trip for a stadium with 6500 people. Now that UNH has upgraded, it might make more sense going forward, especially if CAA foes lead the way first. UNH has been utilizing the FBS matchups to try and bolster their recruiting grounds, perhaps they should look the same way with OOC FCS games.

Unfortunately right after i thought that, UNH went ahead and schedule a 4 yr double H/H with Holy Cross....

Bisonator
August 10th, 2016, 02:12 PM
Ranked #4 in FCS preseason poll last season. Serious contender that was cut short by rash of injuries including Walter Payton Award winner QB. Won the ' ship in 2009. Playoff semi finalist in 2010. Playoff team in 2012/14.

Nova has played a P5 opponent in 3 of past 5 seasons. Played Temple & UConn in the other years. We are just fine without traveling to ND or anywhere west of Pittsburgh.

Fact is is if you don't root for the team from Fargo you might as well pack in early & hope your hoop team is entertaining (Villanova's hoops team isn't too shabby).

Not scheduling an MVFC isn't going to determine how far Villanova or any other CAA team will go. NDSU has an amazing dynasty. Enjoy it.
Another one of the things that holds the FCS back a bit. Putting together games between premier teams is good for the entire subdivision.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 10th, 2016, 02:15 PM
Another one of the things that holds the FCS back a bit. Putting together games between premier teams is good for the entire subdivision.

Exactly, but I'd just as soon leave teams and fan bases that think like this out of it anyway to be real honest.

Gangtackle11
August 10th, 2016, 02:20 PM

Sounds great, but in the real world of economics, little interest from National TV (ESPN televises 1 game early), it's a non-starter. Not every FCS program has the entire state infatuated with their football programs. They don't flock to a dome in the dead of winter to see essentially the only game in town til college hockey season. Most FCS schools struggle for an identity & attendance.

Additionally, the supply of FCS teams in the east allows us to have diverse schedules. I guess the west gets tired of the same matchups. The east doesn't have that issue if the AD tries.

Traveling across country is cost prohibitive and doesn't make much economic sense except for a handful of programs. Congrats if you root for one of them.

ps: I'm fine meeting Montana in the FCS championship game. Our lack of playing the best didn't hurt the Cats in Chatty a few years back.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 10th, 2016, 02:22 PM

Agree but for NDSU, not at the expense of a 6th home game.

Good for 'premier" teams to play in the OOC.

Thumper 76
August 10th, 2016, 02:27 PM
Exactly, but I'd just as soon leave teams and fan bases that think like this out of it anyway to be real honest.

Exactly. Look at the FCS kickoff games recently on ESPN. It's great OOC match ups between cross conference power teams. But CAA fans whine about not having games in the discussion for it. Already the UD/NDSU game is being talked about for it. If you're too good and too set by not leaving the area and playing Patsy's in your region, then don't whine when you don't get the rewards. I get a kick out of how it's too expensive to travel that far for one game, when most Big Sky teams or MVFC teams travel farther for one conference game than a lot of those teams travel all year (maybe an exaggeration, but not by much I bet). I mean don't you think a JMU/Montana match up or Villanova/McNeese game would instantly be in the mix for one of those games for ESPN? Or UNI/Richmond? Wouldn't it help the conference get better as well? It seems to me a lot of teams that become great programs start by scheduling some tough ass OOC schedules. And they keep doing it once they are there. The mindset of we have no interest in those public schools boggles my mind I guess. What a bubble to live in.

clenz
August 10th, 2016, 02:28 PM
I wish the SLC would drop the 9 game conference bull ****.

The games the MVFC/Big Sky have rocking right now would be greatly complimented by some SLC games. The SLC/MVFC SLC/Big Sky games the last 5-8 years have been awesome

I'm going to miss McNeese and SFA. I believe they are the two FCS teams UNI has played the most that didn't share a conference with at one point.

In the D1 era - most OOC FCS games
McNeese State - 12 games
Stephen F Austin - 10 games (all since 1995)
Drake - 9 games
Idaho - 6 games
Eastern Washington - 6 games
Montana - 5 games (2 scheduled)
Southern Utah - 5 games
Northern Arizona - 5 games
Northern Colorado - 4 games
Montana State - 3 games

bluehenbillk
August 10th, 2016, 02:41 PM
Well this is shocking news but cool for UD. Hopefully UD will be more on its game by the time 2018 & 2019 rolls around. UD has dominated MVFC competition in the past - hopefully the Hens improve enough in the next 2-3 years to hand the Bison an L.

Gangtackle11
August 10th, 2016, 02:45 PM
Exactly. Look at the FCS kickoff games recently on ESPN. It's great OOC match ups between cross conference power teams. But CAA fans whine about not having games in the discussion for it. Already the UD/NDSU game is being talked about for it. If you're too good and too set by not leaving the area and playing Patsy's in your region, then don't whine when you don't get the rewards. I get a kick out of how it's too expensive to travel that far for one game, when most Big Sky teams or MVFC teams travel farther for one conference game than a lot of those teams travel all year (maybe an exaggeration, but not by much I bet). I mean don't you think a JMU/Montana match up or Villanova/McNeese game would instantly be in the mix for one of those games for ESPN? Or UNI/Richmond? Wouldn't it help the conference get better as well? It seems to me a lot of teams that become great programs start by scheduling some tough ass OOC schedules. And they keep doing it once they are there. The mindset of we have no interest in those public schools boggles my mind I guess. What a bubble to live in.

To each his own. I know my take isn't popular in a thread dominated by Midwest public school minded. I don't expect you to understand why Villanova schedules & for what reasons. I'm sure if the economics were right the McNeese State -Villanova matchup could happen, but I think it's threading a needle with ESPN. They have no interest in televising anything more than a late August FCS game to fill programming. You find the FCS championship game on ESPN2 or ESPNU for that matter.

All those great FCS matchups are whittled to 1 matchup due to economics of FCS football. You can tell me that I don't have the mindset or whatever tag you want to put on my thought process, but in the world of FCS economics you aren't getting a lot of NDSU-UD h/h matchups. I bet the game in Fargo is the ESPN opener & probably made the economics work. Otherwise I doubt this series happens.

Id rather play Lehigh, Colgate, etc. Those are meaningful eastern rivalries and take my chances come FCS playoff time.

Outside of this incredible NDSU run the CAA hasn't done too badly come FCS playoff time even though they didn't play in the west.

JMU2004
August 10th, 2016, 02:54 PM
Our athletic director has been telling anyone who will listen that JMU/NDSU were in discussions for the ESPN kickoff this year, but NDSU balked because JMU wanted a return game in Harrisonburg.

bluehenbillk
August 10th, 2016, 02:54 PM
To each his own. I know my take isn't popular in a thread dominated by Midwest public school minded. I don't expect you to understand why Villanova schedules & for what reasons. I'm sure if the economics were right the McNeese State -Villanova matchup could happen, but I think it's threading a needle with ESPN. They have no interest in televising anything more than a late August FCS game to fill programming. You find the FCS championship game on ESPN2 or ESPNU for that matter.

All those great FCS matchups are whittled to 1 matchup due to economics of FCS football. You can tell me that I don't have the mindset or whatever tag you want to put on my thought process, but in the world of FCS economics you aren't getting a lot of NDSU-UD h/h matchups. I bet the game in Fargo is the ESPN opener & probably made the economics work. Otherwise I doubt this series happens.

Id rather play Lehigh, Colgate, etc. Those are meaningful eastern rivalries and take my chances come FCS playoff time.

Outside of this incredible NDSU run the CAA hasn't done too badly come FCS playoff time even though they didn't play in the west.

Villanova Football loses seven figures per year. There are very few full paying customers that goto Villanova home games. Until that changes you're correct that playing an intersectional FCS game makes little sense for Villanova.

BisonTru
August 10th, 2016, 03:05 PM
Our athletic director has been telling anyone who will listen that JMU/NDSU were in discussions for the ESPN kickoff next year, but NDSU balked because JMU wanted a return game in Harrisonburg.

We got what we wanted. Chuck S is coming here for a 1 and done. You guys should have taken the offer.

UpstateBison
August 10th, 2016, 03:07 PM
I am glad it is a game that is within driving distance and I can get a ticket.

thebootfitter
August 10th, 2016, 03:10 PM
Our athletic director has been telling anyone who will listen that JMU/NDSU were in discussions for the ESPN kickoff this year, but NDSU balked because JMU wanted a return game in Harrisonburg.
NDSU is unlikely to agree to an away game if it means having only 5 home games in a year. If there's any truth to what you're saying, I suspect it's because there wasn't room in the NDSU schedule for a return game without compromising the minimum number of home games in a year.

centennial
August 10th, 2016, 03:11 PM
Even without the return this would be a big win for JMU. We have are in the good graces of ESPN, no other FCS gets the same kind of deal. Should've just taken it.

Mattymc727
August 10th, 2016, 03:12 PM

I completely understand. Having to travel to conference games is an issue of your own conference. Nova and UNH arent getting on a plane to take a trip west if they can take a bus down to CT, PA, MA, NJ, or NY and get a W much easier. East coast schools just have more options.

Do I want to play UNI again? oh absolutely, but I completely understand why it doesnt make sense for UNH to try and schedule that.

Gangtackle11
August 10th, 2016, 03:12 PM
Villanova Football loses seven figures per year. There are very few full paying customers that goto Villanova home games. Until that changes you're correct that playing an intersectional FCS game makes little sense for Villanova.

Big part of it although I don't think Nova is alone in the 7 figures although it is far less than detractors think because of alumni endowments & donations.

We are considered a basketball school & like a lot of Delaware fans anything less than FBS is not worth the time. We were headed there until the Big East football imploded in 2011. It's just not as bad at UD maybe because basketball is not your identity. That said 9 of last 10 Battle of the Blue games went the basketball school's way. Just bustin'

JMU2004
August 10th, 2016, 03:16 PM
We got what we wanted. Chuck S is coming here for a 1 and done. You guys should have taken the offer.

I and most of our fans agree. But you don't know the incompetence that exists in our athletic dept....

Bisonator
August 10th, 2016, 03:18 PM

That's quite possible. Maybe they couldn't agree on the dates. Lots of moving parts to these deals. Scheduling is a bitch to get done. Hope they keep trying as I'd like to see a H/H between NDSU and JMU.

BigHouseClosedEnd
August 10th, 2016, 03:20 PM
Match ups like this are great for FCS. Congrats and thanks.

It will be interesting to see who is coaching the Hens by 2018.

bluehenbillk
August 10th, 2016, 03:22 PM
Match ups like this are great for FCS. Congrats and thanks.

It will be interesting to see who is coaching the Hens by 2018.

Yep combine the defense UD already has with a new coach, new QB, some WR's & an OL that can pass block and you have a team that can beat anyone......

PantherRob82
August 10th, 2016, 03:30 PM
FBS body bags don't count.

And if you could living in as two games in 11 seasons...sure
UC Davis 05
San Jose State 15

They get paid to go to San Diego State this year.

3 games in 12 years isn't exactly "living in California"

By contrast, since we are UNI fans, UNI has gone to Colorado, Utah, Texas, California, Washington and will go to Montana. Also had home games against a school of Louisiana.

What about 2 games in two years? xlolx

RootinFerDukes
August 10th, 2016, 03:39 PM
This would be a great way to see if the biggest name in FCS football can move the needle in terms of fan interest from another somewhat well attend FCS school completely outside of NDSU's region. UD's fan base has been dwindling though and as many of you will see when you go to UD's stadium, they're quite literally aging out as a fan base. I've never seen so many old people at a football game. If the game sells out, don't be surprised if it's thanks to many NDSU fans buying up the tickets.

Competitively, it's unlikely UD will put up a real fight here. They're one more crappy season away from canning their current HC Dave Brock. That would put them in the first game with a second year head coach who is very much in rebuilding mode. They just had the worst passing offense in all of FCS last year (i believe).

UNIFanSince1983
August 10th, 2016, 03:42 PM

To be fair those are the places we have to go in order to get quality OOC FCS games. The CAA teams can get SoCon, Big South, Patriot, et. al. without leaving the east coast. I would suspect things would be different for UNI if there were more abundance of FCS teams in the footprint that aren't in our conference.

RootinFerDukes
August 10th, 2016, 03:44 PM
That's quite possible. Maybe they couldn't agree on the dates. Lots of moving parts to these deals. Scheduling is a bitch to get done. Hope they keep trying as I'd like to see a H/H between NDSU and JMU.
The likely scenario is that both schools wouldn't budge on their "we must have six home games per season no matter what" scheduling philosophy. If JMU went this year to NDSU, as unlikely as that would've been at the last minute, NDSU would have to return in 2018 due to our full OOC in 2017. Maybe NDSU didn't want to have to have five home games in 2018.

bluehenbillk
August 10th, 2016, 03:56 PM
Ironically NDSU may be the second best opponent UD plays so far by that point in 2019. They open at Heinz Field vs Pitt.

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 10th, 2016, 04:03 PM

The teams in the Northeast don't have to branch out far to play quality competition. If you draw a 250 mile circle around Lehigh you'll find plenty of attractive opponents. While I'd love for Lehigh to play more SoCon and MVFC games it doesn't make a ton of economical sense. Lehigh has been playing a combination of Ivy and Yankee/A10/CAA teams forever. That likely will never change...

I'm thrilled to see UD and NDSU getting together! If it's possible this would be a cool game attend!!

clenz
August 10th, 2016, 04:03 PM
To be fair those are the places we have to go in order to get quality OOC FCS games. The CAA teams can get SoCon, Big South, Patriot, et. al. without leaving the east coast. I would suspect things would be different for UNI if there were more abundance of FCS teams in the footprint that aren't in our conference.
EIU, SEMO, UCA, Murray State, UT-M, APSU, Valpo, Bulter, Dayton, Morehead State are all within the "existing" foot print of the MVFC in terms of travel distance for UNI. That's hardly "less quality" than playing nearly all of the Patriot, the NEC, Big South, etc...

If UNI was truly looking for just "body bag schedule filler" as the CAA does it could "buy" games with those schools rather easily.

That's not the culture around UNI. That's not Farley. Farley wants to schedule "name teams" no matter where they are and play that kind of game. It's why in consecutive years we have going/are going to Cal Poly, EWU and Montana while hosting EWU, Montana and Cal Poly in consecutive years. It's why McNeese and SFA have been played that many times. It's why SDSU was on the schedule 2 or 3 times before they joined the MVFC.

Sure, it'd be great to have a schedule like

@ FBS
FCS body bag
FCS body game
4 home conference games
4 road conference games

That doesn't drive a program to get better. Competing against the best there is to see where you stand, to see what needs to improve, is what drives a program forward

clenz
August 10th, 2016, 04:06 PM
The teams in the Northeast don't have to branch out far to play quality competition. If you draw a 250 mile circle around Lehigh you'll find plenty of attractive opponents. While I'd love for Lehigh to play more SoCon and MVFC games it doesn't make a ton of economical sense.

I'm thrilled to see UD and NDSU getting together! If it's possible this would be a cool game attend!!
Yeah....it would make no sense to land a home game with NDSU that you could charge $45 per ticket to get in for. Why do that when we can charge $10 for Monmouth?

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 10th, 2016, 04:18 PM
Yeah....it would make no sense to land a home game with NDSU that you could charge $45 per ticket to get in for. Why do that when we can charge $10 for Monmouth?

But Lehigh would still charge $10 a ticket. It be a great draw no doubt. But it still won't come close to the hoopla and circus that surrounds Lehigh-Lafayette. A playoff game at Goodman against NDSU would be a much bigger deal than a regular season game imo.

Lehigh did get on a plane to play Drake in 2010. Why, I don't know....

clenz
August 10th, 2016, 04:29 PM
But Lehigh would still charge $10 a ticket. It be a great draw no doubt. But it still won't come close to the hoopla and circus that surrounds Lehigh-Lafayette. A playoff game at Goodman against NDSU would be a much bigger deal than a regular season game imo.

Lehigh-Lafyette is a terrible comparison...it's a damn conference game.

If Lehigh would charge $10 to NDSU they deserve all of the money they lose on football. If Lehigh fans aren't willing to pay a bit extra to see a program like NDSU then eff em.

UNI is charging $25 (well, $30+ after fees) to see freaking Missouri State this year.

Do the math:
Last year's home opener against Penn drew 6,671 people. Let's pretend all of them paid $10 a ticket - which they didn't because student tickets, group tickets, discounted promotions, season tickets don't equal out to full price but let's pretend.

Lehigh "cleared" $66,671 in ticket sales for that game.

Now, NDSU comes to down. If you charged $20 you would only need 3,335 people to show up to make exactly the same amount of money. Litteraly, 3,336 people showing up makes Lehigh more money that twice that crowd at $10.

Hell, let's pretend Lehigh charged $15. You would only need 4,445 people to make more money than the game against Penn.

It's amazing to me how bad at simple economics people from schools with "vastly superior educations" than the podunk tiny hick state school I went too can be at times.

UNI fans might literally kill to get NDSU tickets for $15-20 bucks. UNI will have about 112% capacity in the dome for the NDSU game and tickets are $45 bucks a pop before fees. Taking out student tickets and player pass, that game will still clear well over a half million in just ticket sales for UNI.... The Montana tickets are the same price. Chances are UNI clears over a half million for that game as well. If that was a playoff game, where students no longer get in free, that game probably does nearly a million dollars in ticket sales....in a stadium with just over 16K seat backs

Either Lehigh fans are too dumb to want to see good football or unwilling to try to bring extra money in.....which isn't on the smart side of the spectrum either

It's amazing what a basic understanding of simple economics can do.

Gangtackle11
August 10th, 2016, 04:31 PM

Hate to burst your bubble, but except for us die hard FCS fans most eastern fans wouldn't know you have a nice dynasty going. Philly talk radio constantly call in to doubt the talents of the D2 QB the Eagles drafted. Sorry, but FCS football isn't a way of life for most in this part of the country. It is for me & others on this site, but given the choice to see NDSU or CCSU there wouldn't be a huge groundswell of tickets sold for the mighty Bison.

Im not trying to be hurtful, but only those who know the NDSU story respect it & it's not a big group East of Youngstown, Ohio. Sad I know, but not far from the truth if not spot on.

Gangtackle11
August 10th, 2016, 04:36 PM

Hate to burst your bubble, but except for us die hard FCS fans most eastern fans wouldn't know you have a nice dynasty going. Philly talk radio constantly call in to doubt the talents of the D2 QB the Eagles drafted. Sorry, but FCS football isn't a way of life for most in this part of the country. It is for me & others on this site, but given the choice to see NDSU or CCSU there wouldn't be a huge groundswell of tickets sold for the mighty Bison.

Im not trying to be hurtful, but only those who know the NDSU story respect it & it's not a big group East of Youngstown, Ohio. Sad I know, but not far from the truth if not spot on.

clenz
August 10th, 2016, 04:37 PM

See my next post.

Simple economics says even tiny increase in ticket prices means it takes significantly fewer fans to make the same money.

Gangtackle11
August 10th, 2016, 04:42 PM
See my next post.

Simple economics says even tiny increase in ticket prices means it takes significantly fewer fans to make the same money.

Does it cover airfare & other travel costs for the home/home? Will you give Villanova a guarantee to cover costs & take the chance we won't cover your costs to us even at double the ticket prices? Great program UNI, but I think it doesn't add up for you in the end. Unless it's parents weekend or Delaware we are getting the same 5000 fans. Sad I know. Tough when you have a big time basketball program and you are thought of playing in the lowly FCS or D2. Appears to be different in your parts of the country. Good for you.

ps: we all graduate with liberal arts degrees from these prestigious schools. Not good at math.

BTW: no one in Philly is paying up to see a team from Cedar Rapids. I know that doesn't make sense to the MVFC fans, but it's true. We had 2500 maybe for SHSU playoff game. Just in case you think I'm making it up.

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 10th, 2016, 04:42 PM

If Lehigh would charge $10 to NDSU they deserve all of the money they lose on football. If Lehigh fans aren't willing to pay a bit extra to see a program like NDSU then eff em.

UNI is charging $25 (well, $30+ after fees) to see freaking Missouri State this year.

Do the math:
Last year's home opener against Penn drew 6,671 people. Let's pretend all of them paid $10 a ticket - which they didn't because student tickets, group tickets, discounted promotions, season tickets don't equal out to full price but let's pretend.

Now, NDSU comes to down. If you charged $20 you would only need 3,335 people to show up to make exactly the same amount of money. Litteraly, 3,336 people showing up makes Lehigh more money that twice that crowd at $10.

Hell, let's pretend Lehigh charged $15. You would only need 4,445 people to make more money than the game against Penn.

It's amazing to me how bad at simple economics people from schools with "vastly superior educations" than the podunk tiny hick state school I went too can be at times.

UNI fans might literally kill to get NDSU tickets for $15-20 bucks. UNI will have about 112% capacity in the dome for the NDSU game and tickets are $45 bucks a pop before fees. Taking out student tickets and player pass, that game will still clear well over a half million in just ticket sales for UNI.... The Montana tickets are the same price. Chances are UNI clears over a half million for that game as well. If that was a playoff game, where students no longer get in free, that game probably does nearly a million dollars in ticket sales....in a stadium with just over 16K seat backs

Either Lehigh fans are too dumb to want to see good football or unwilling to try to bring extra money in.....which isn't on the smart side of the spectrum either

Lehigh-Lafayette is far more than just a conference game. It's a week long party for students and alums. There will never be a regular season game that comes close to matching the meaning and anticipation of that. That's why they can charge $50+ a ticket for a game 75+ miles away at Yankee Stadium and sell it out.

The only FCS opponent that would really stir the masses for a regular season game is Delaware. I think getting them back at Goodman would be considered a bigger deal than playing NDSU.

These schools simply don't need to clear money in the same manner the state schools do. I'm a state school graduate and I accept it. It has nothing to due with academic superiority. It's a simple matter of having a helluva lot more money the UNI's, NDSU's, Montana's, EWU's, SHSU's and Temple's of the world. It's the same reason why Lehigh will never play a true "money" FBS game.

dewey
August 10th, 2016, 04:51 PM

Do the math:

Good post Clenz. The only thing I would add as a negative is the cost for the team to fly to Fargo, Missoula, etc. for a home and home when it is a lot(?) cheaper to drive a bus to any of the teams within a 250 mile radius. If the games are within 250 miles there may not even be a need for a hotel the night before and/or the night of where as a game that involves a flight you probably need hotel rooms the night before an/ or after the game. The costs go way down then.

Dewey

Gangtackle11
August 10th, 2016, 04:51 PM
We play Lehigh, Lafayette, & Pitt this year.

We play Lehigh, Lafayette, & Temple next year.

We play Temple & I think Bucknell in 2018.

Do you see a consistent pattern? All schools are in Pennsylvania. Villanova is located where? Correct, Pennsylvania.

Hopefully, we will meet up in the playoffs.

Villanova is a regional brand due to academics (maybe national, but I won't assume here) & national brand due to basketball. Go figure?

Drblankstare
August 10th, 2016, 05:21 PM
This scheduling is good for FCS. I strongly believe these games invigorate fan bases. Good job by both AD's, I hope the trend continues

RabidRabbit
August 10th, 2016, 05:46 PM
It was originally going to be a 2 @ Del, 1 @ SDSU. Then SDSU joined the MVFC, and Del dropped their D-2 game, so by mutual agreement, the other two games of the 3 games got bought out. One of the few SDSU games I've had the privilege to catch live.

SDSU/NDSU/UNI/IL St need more of these type challenging CAA match-ups. So difficult to get the east coasters off the Atlantic.

IBleedYellow
August 10th, 2016, 06:15 PM

Do you see a consistent pattern? All schools are in Pennsylvania. Villanova is located where? Correct, Pennsylvania.

Villanova is a regional brand due to academics (maybe national, but I won't assume here) & national brand due to basketball. Go figure?
Yeah. The pattern that I see is that you aren't challenging yourself in the OOC. :)

Twentysix
August 10th, 2016, 06:18 PM
No kidding, what a bunch of pushovers :p

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 10th, 2016, 06:49 PM
Yeah. The pattern that I see is that you aren't challenging yourself in the OOC. :)

Lafayette sucks no doubt. Just don't let that game skew the greatness of Lehigh and Temple. xthumbsupx

It's fun to see NDSU travel to Newark to face the Blue Hens. Both, Lehigh and Villanova have a long history with UD. The battles with UD helped determine "Eastern Supremacy". That was a big deal back in the day. The Lambert Cup was a treasured trophy once upon a time.

Temple has a legit history with Delaware too.

RootinFerDukes
August 10th, 2016, 07:16 PM

Is scheduling a series against the CAA's team that ended last season 4-7 with a four-way tie for 7th place in the conference considered challenging?

BisonFan02
August 10th, 2016, 07:50 PM

Didn't stop Lafayette or St. Francis...or Robert Morris from making trips to ND.

bluehenbillk
August 10th, 2016, 07:54 PM
Is scheduling a series against the CAA's team that ended last season 4-7 with a four-way tie for 7th place in the conference considered challenging?
Eh Delaware beat two playoff teams in W&M and UNH (handily) and outplayed JMU until a shanked punt in the last two minutes.

Throw those gay streamers boys...

JSUSoutherner
August 10th, 2016, 08:01 PM

I wish we could get in-state schools to schedule us. It's sad that the D2 team is the only one in the state with the guts to schedule us again. xcoffeex

It it would be nice to see someone like Samford, Troy, or Auburn again.

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 10th, 2016, 08:01 PM
Didn't stop Lafayette or St. Francis...or Robert Morris from making trips to ND.

That was Lafayette's first game west of Pittsburgh in something like 70 years. Given the Leopards struggles and NDSU's dominance this decade that game would never come about today.

SDFS
August 10th, 2016, 08:20 PM

I think SBU had a single game against UND several years ago and then a H/H with UND last year and this year. So, SBU travels.

smilo
August 10th, 2016, 09:49 PM
I don't understand what the MVFC fans don't get. You keep yelling "Chicken" when we keep responding that it makes zero sense for us to play Russian Roulette and risk not getting to 7 wins. There is no incentive to challenge yourself! Might as well just take the easy games AND save significant money. Will make absolutely no difference, except to get a free game towards the playoffs. Our fans ain't going to any game anyway - unless that name on the schedule is Temple or maybe Syracuse. To be honest, I'd almost rather take a second money game just to fund our athletic program, but if we're not getting paid the big bucks, I'll take the easy win, thank you very much. It doesn't help recruiting at all to go out there either. I'm perfectly content playing it smart so long as we're stuck in FCS

clenz
August 10th, 2016, 09:55 PM
And that attitude is the biggest reason I despise about 80% of the FCS programs and welcome the doomsday split that sends half of the FCS into the blackness they truly want while the rest of us can get on with making our departments and universities bigger and better

BisonTru
August 10th, 2016, 09:59 PM
I don't understand what the MVFC fans don't get. You keep yelling "Chicken" when we keep responding that it makes zero sense for us to play Russian Roulette and risk not getting to 7 wins. There is no incentive to challenge yourself! Might as well just take the easy games AND save significant money. Will make absolutely no difference, except to get a free game towards the playoffs. Our fans ain't going to any game anyway - unless that name on the schedule is Temple or maybe Syracuse. To be honest, I'd almost rather take a second money game just to fund our athletic program, but if we're not getting paid the big bucks, I'll take the easy win, thank you very much. It doesn't help recruiting at all to go out there either. I'm perfectly content playing it smart so long as we're stuck in FCS

This is exactly why I'm glad the committee let in a 6-5 WIU. They basically are saying challenge yourself and we will reward it. They went out to CCU and lost a close game on the road. Would have been that extra loss the committee could have used to knock them out, but they recognized the strength of their schedule and some of their impressive wins and award them, IMO, a rightful spot in the playoffs.

BisonFan02
August 10th, 2016, 10:23 PM
And that attitude is the biggest reason I despise about 80% of the FCS programs and welcome the doomsday split that sends half of the FCS into the blackness they truly want while the rest of us can get on with making our departments and universities bigger and better

Ditto....it's a ****ing sad joke.

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 10th, 2016, 10:31 PM

All these schools we're talking about will be joining UNI wherever they go.

I don't see how UNI is a better football program than Villanova. 'Nova has won the national title in the last decade, has produced multiple Payton Award winners and has one of the best coaches ever at the FCS level. They're doing just fine....

Gangtackle11
August 10th, 2016, 11:05 PM
Your case is stuck in a vacuum that only factors the football you want to see. Start looking at the economics of it & you may really understand the lack of east-west matchups. No one in the east is going to pay double/triple the ticket prices to see North Dakota State. FCS football here takes a backseat to a lot of other diversions in the cities up & down the east coast. There are many more poorly attended games as there are 15k or so going to Delaware or 20k to JMU.

Eastern schools have history playing other eastern schools. There are enough to go around to make the case to stay closer to home. It's great Delaware & NDSU hooked up, but to think this is economically feasible outside a season opener on ESPN is something I don't see.

No casual eastern FCS fan has any burning desire to see NDSU, UNI, SHSU, or Montana. Most can wait for the playoffs to see how we stack up.

Like I said before it's much more worthwhile to play Lehigh, Fordham, or Bucknell. You may perceive them as inferior FCS opponents, but the history between many eastern schools is much more interesting than playing a team from the Great Plains or the Pacific Northwest.

Just my opinion. Now if you are telling me economics don't matter than maybe more east/west games would happen. I don't think that is plausible on a consistent basis in today's FCS economics.

Gangtackle11
August 10th, 2016, 11:13 PM
Delaware won't charge $45 to see NDSU & they won't have sellout crowds to see NDSU. Just not enough die hard FCS fans to go crazy to see any of you MVFC teams. They may see a bump in attendance if promoted aggressively, but it's not going to be record crowds like when they play Nova in decades past.

Not trying to be difficult, but it's reality of how eastern FCS football thinks about you guys. We admire great teams, but it's not enough to think thousands of fans would pay up to see you guys.

BisonFan02
August 11th, 2016, 12:16 AM
Delaware won't charge $45 to see NDSU & they won't have sellout crowds to see NDSU. Just not enough die hard FCS fans to go crazy to see any of you MVFC teams. They may see a bump in attendance if promoted aggressively, but it's not going to be record crowds like when they play Nova in decades past.

Not trying to be difficult, but it's reality of how eastern FCS football thinks about you guys. We admire great teams, but it's not enough to think thousands of fans would pay up to see you guys.

A poor man's IVY league. Go non-scholly and only play each other. The economics are better and no one over there will really notice. Got it.

thebootfitter
August 11th, 2016, 02:11 AM
Ironically NDSU may be the second best opponent UD plays so far by that point in 2019. They open at Heinz Field vs Pitt.
Wait... what? _May_ is the key word there. NDSU has finished ahead of Pitt in computer rankings every year since 2011 and likely would have beaten them on the field in any of those years. Not sure there's any valid reasons to think it won't be the same in 2019.

Gangtackle11
August 11th, 2016, 05:00 AM
A poor man's IVY league. Go non-scholly and only play each other. The economics are better and no one over there will really notice. Got it.

Your argument ignores economics. Perfect world it would be like the NFL & all FCS teams would play all over the nation. Perfect world we all would play in front of 20,000 fans each Saturday. Perfect world Philly & other Eastern cities would stop dead in their tracks each Saturday to support their FCS football team. That appears to happen in Fargo & Cedar Rapids. Great for your teams. It's not the perfect world here, but we all can pretend to make your case.

You can twist my words to say a school like Villanova should go non-schollie, but you aren't seeing the real world just want something unrealistic except a series here & there like Delaware/NDSU.

Id love to see Villanova play all over the United States in football. It's not happening except for a change to FBS. FBS is less of a chance than scheduling a home & home with team from the prairie.

Our current scheduling model is a P5 game or Temple & 2 PL teams (traditional rivals for over a century in most cases). Given that most fans this side of Illinois State don't know the difference between D2 & FCS it will remain that way most likely @ Villanova & other eastern FCS schools.

I hope NDSU coming to Delaware has so much demand that they have to consider moving the game to Lincoln Field in Philly. I doubt they fill UD stadium for that game. The interest in FCS football isn't as strong when most of us are surrounded by pro football teams & in most cases FBS football. It might be the biggest thing in Fargo or Cedar Rapids, but it's not here. Wish it was, but I'd be lying.

That said we'll survive & compete come playoff time. Villanova & FCS in the east is alive and doing well enough to be around a long time. Hope to see you MVFC guys in the playoffs!

Ud1Hens
August 11th, 2016, 05:43 AM
Competitively, it's unlikely UD will put up a real fight here. They're one more crappy season away from canning their current HC Dave Brock. That would put them in the first game with a second year head coach who is very much in rebuilding mode. They just had the worst passing offense in all of FCS last year (i believe).

I understand Duke, kick a man while he's down. xthumbsupx. But even with us absolutely sucking these past handful of years, JMU still needed a shanked punt last year to beat UD for the first time since 2009. But I'm glad that you can predict 2-3 years away how good or bad Delaware will be.

As for the fanbase, here's the deal. Delaware used to be a local university where a large majority of students/alumni were from Delaware. Fans went there, lived there, and retired there. Now the University has grown in national prominence and the student base has shifted. Nearly 70% of students are out of state, thus they come to school here, then move either back home or to one of the other majority cities within 2.5 hours of campus (DC/Baltimore/Philly/NYC). They don't have the family ties to football at UD and aren't as interested as previous generations. So yes, the aging fanbase hasn't been replaced by the new families dedicated to football at UD. Winning will help but the biggest issue was how the previous administration kicked the current diehards in the gut and treated them like stray cats.

Gangtackle11
August 11th, 2016, 05:52 AM

Did your team go to Lafayette, St.Francis, or RMU in a home & home? Where's the guy telling me Villanova doesn't have a challenging OOC schedule?

Cant criticize Villanova for playing PL teams & schedule the weakest of the PL & NEC teams to visit west w/o a return matchup. Hypocritical?

OhioHen
August 11th, 2016, 06:22 AM
Triple Thread!

Triple post of the same comment! Guess that's one way to boost your post count and be eligible to participate in the poll. xrolleyesx

OhioHen
August 11th, 2016, 06:24 AM

Wow.

Most of the CAA teams stay out of the New England area most of the time, Clenz.

POD Knows
August 11th, 2016, 06:50 AM
Your argument ignores economics. Perfect world it would be like the NFL & all FCS teams would play all over the nation. Perfect world we all would play in front of 20,000 fans each Saturday. Perfect world Philly & other Eastern cities would stop dead in their tracks each Saturday to support their FCS football team. That appears to happen in Fargo & Cedar Rapids. Great for your teams. It's not the perfect world here, but we all can pretend to make your case.

You can twist my words to say a school like Villanova should go non-schollie, but you aren't seeing the real world just want something unrealistic except a series here & there like Delaware/NDSU.

Id love to see Villanova play all over the United States in football. It's not happening except for a change to FBS. FBS is less of a chance than scheduling a home & home with team from the prairie.

Our current scheduling model is a P5 game or Temple & 2 PL teams (traditional rivals for over a century in most cases). Given that most fans this side of Illinois State don't know the difference between D2 & FCS it will remain that way most likely @ Villanova & other eastern FCS schools.

I hope NDSU coming to Delaware has so much demand that they have to consider moving the game to Lincoln Field in Philly. I doubt they fill UD stadium for that game. The interest in FCS football isn't as strong when most of us are surrounded by pro football teams & in most cases FBS football. It might be the biggest thing in Fargo or Cedar Rapids, but it's not here. Wish it was, but I'd be lying.

That said we'll survive & compete come playoff time. Villanova & FCS in the east is alive and doing well enough to be around a long time. Hope to see you MVFC guys in the playoffs!

"CEDAR RAPIDS" !!!! Now you did it

Gangtackle11
August 11th, 2016, 06:57 AM
"CEDAR RAPIDS" !!!! Now you did it

My apologies. Cedar Falls. Haha.

MR. CHICKEN
August 11th, 2016, 07:04 AM

....GUARANTEED STADIUM WILL BE FULL....IFIN' NDST.....STAYS UH MARQUEE BRAND.....IN NEXT FEW YEARS.....DIS GAME IS DESIGNED.........TA RECHARGE DUH FANS....GET JUICES FLOWIN' AGIN'....IT'S GREAT NEWS...ON TOP UH OURAH ROUNDBALL HIRE....OURAH AD...HAS COME TA PLAY.........WE WILL BE BACK!..........BUK...BUK...BUK...BRRAAAWWWWKKKKK!

bluehenbillk
August 11th, 2016, 07:17 AM
I'm just putting this out there now for the NDSU fans, if/when TicketMaster puts any geographic restrictions on orders for the NDSU/UD game in '19 I will take orders for any interested parties for a $50 service charge per order.

dewey
August 11th, 2016, 07:18 AM
This year is a great challenging schedule for NDSU but a few years ago the scheduling model was FBS regional game and two OOC FCS cupcakes so I can't fault Villanova or anyone else for playing a local FBS team and 2 NEC or Patriot League teams.

The University of Delaware is only about 200 miles farther then Frisco for me. That would be a great trip to hit some places on a family vacation to the East coast.

Dewey

Mattymc727
August 11th, 2016, 07:19 AM
Lets walk through a hypothetical example:

Lets say SDSU and UNH schedule a H/H sometime in the future with UNH going to SDSU first and then a return trip a few years later. Exciting game, both have new stadiums to show off, both are historical playoff contenders, both state schools.

For UNH to fly out to SDSU it has to take a charter flight from pease airport, probably a 200k expense.

For the retune game, historically UNH can seat 6500, but averaged around 8k i believe (homecoming inflates that number a ton). Now it can seat 12-13k, who knows what amount with standing room. Lets say UNH charges $20 a ticket which seems to be their average. UNH would have to sell 12000 tickets just to make $240,000, which is a net of $40,00 for the series. Not to mention UNH has expenses for the home game such as keeping the lights on, and so on and so forth, so the profit is even less.

Now what really happened was UNH scheduled a H/H with Holy Cross, which is a bus trip. Now the travel cost is only 15k at most, and it could be argued that Holy Cross draws in more fans than SDSU would (regional and historic rivalry). Raising prices for the SDSU game may also have a negative impact especially if fans would rather see Holy Cross than SDSU (I dont but im a diehard FCS fan). The profit for Holy Cross is much greater if UNH can even fill its new stadium.

Now, clearly the equation doesnt work in the old cowell, hence no effort to schedule a H/H with a charter flight (2005 being the rare occurance, which wasnt a H/H either weirdly enough). But now with the stadium upgrade, there is evidence the philosophy could change. A lot depends on if the average attendance goes up to stadium capacity.

Same applies to Villanova, Maine, Albany, Patriot schools, NEC schools and so forth.

UD and JMU are outliers because their stadiums and atmospheres allow for more money making.

dewey
August 11th, 2016, 07:23 AM
Lets walk through a hypothetical example:

Lets say SDSU and UNH schedule a H/H sometime in the future with UNH going to SDSU first and then a return trip a few years later. Exciting game, both have new stadiums to show off, both are historical playoff contenders, both state schools.

For UNH to fly out to SDSU it has to take a charter flight from pease airport, probably a 200k expense.

For the retune game, historically UNH can seat 6500, but averaged around 8k i believe (homecoming inflates that number a ton). Now it can seat 12-13k, who knows what amount with standing room. Lets say UNH charges $20 a ticket which seems to be their average. UNH would have to sell 12000 tickets just to make $240,000, which is a net of $40,00 for the series. Not to mention UNH has expenses for the home game such as keeping the lights on, and so on and so forth, so the profit is even less.

Now what really happened was UNH scheduled a H/H with Holy Cross, which is a bus trip. Now the travel cost is only 15k at most, and it could be argued that Holy Cross draws in more fans than SDSU would (regional and historic rivalry). Raising prices for the SDSU game may also have a negative impact especially if fans would rather see Holy Cross than SDSU (I dont but im a diehard FCS fan). The profit for Holy Cross is much greater if UNH can even fill its new stadium.

Now, clearly the equation doesnt work in the old cowell, hence no effort to schedule a H/H with a charter flight (2005 being the rare occurance, which wasnt a H/H either weirdly enough). But now with the stadium upgrade, there is evidence the philosophy could change. A lot depends on if the average attendance goes up to stadium capacity.

Same applies to Villanova, Maine, Albany, Patriot schools, NEC schools and so forth.

UD and JMU are outliers because their stadiums and atmospheres allow for more money making.

I get the economic reasoning. It makes sense to me.

Dewey

RootinFerDukes
August 11th, 2016, 07:24 AM
Eh Delaware beat two playoff teams in W&M and UNH (handily) and outplayed JMU until a shanked punt in the last two minutes.

Throw those gay streamers boys...

You lost to Jacksonville, lest you forget. Get back to me when you have a season that isn't a consistent decline in fan interest.

caribbeanhen
August 11th, 2016, 07:28 AM
This is great! Bring on Caribbeanhen! You have 2 years to step up your game!xthumbsupx

this is great news for Delaware fans and FCS fans as well, looking forward to it as well as the banter with all the classy Bison fans on what shouldbe a 2 year thread

oh Yes, Delaware will suprise many this year as our Defense will be a force!

Gangtackle11
August 11th, 2016, 07:31 AM
This year is a great challenging schedule for NDSU but a few years ago the scheduling model was FBS regional game and two OOC FCS cupcakes so I can't fault Villanova or anyone else for playing a local FBS team and 2 NEC or Patriot League teams.

The University of Delaware is only about 200 miles farther then Frisco for me. That would be a great trip to hit some places on a family vacation to the East coast.

Dewey
Thank you & Lehigh isn't a cupcake.

RootinFerDukes
August 11th, 2016, 07:32 AM

This was one of my original posts. I like the CAA/MVFC matchup. NDSU is without question the most "name brand" FCS school right now, if such a thing even truly exists. I'm very curious to see the UD fan interest and ticket sales for this game, especially if this isn't an ESPN FCS Kickoff early season game, which it probably will be when they play at UD. If ESPN airs it, then you can say most of the ticket sales were due to significantly increased interest due to the "marquee event" nature of the nationally televised game if UD markets it to their fans well.

If it isn't an ESPN game, part of me wouldn't be surprised to see it not even sell out, unless a very large contingent of NDSU fans show up to this and buy the tickets themselves. I wouldn't be surprised to see UD stadium consist of up to half NDSU fans.

The point is, if NDSU can't move the needle for a fairly well attended FCS program, then nothing will.

Gangtackle11
August 11th, 2016, 07:36 AM
....GUARANTEED STADIUM WILL BE FULL....IFIN' NDST.....STAYS UH MARQUEE BRAND.....IN NEXT FEW YEARS.....DIS GAME IS DESIGNED.........TA RECHARGE DUH FANS....GET JUICES FLOWIN' AGIN'....IT'S GREAT NEWS...ON TOP UH OURAH ROUNDBALL HIRE....OURAH AD...HAS COME TA PLAY.........WE WILL BE BACK!..........BUK...BUK...BUK...BRRAAAWWWWKKKKK!
Yeah you are right. I forgot that 1/2 the stadium will be NDSU fans.

caribbeanhen
August 11th, 2016, 07:48 AM
Bison fans will make up no more than 20 to 25 %

Ud1Hens
August 11th, 2016, 08:15 AM
UD typically draws over 20k for the first night game or two during the season regardless of opponent. Even with dwindling fan interest vs Jacksonville, Del St, or Patriot league team. Attendance severely drops off into October/November. I wouldn't be surprised by a sell out. It'll be a night game and one of the first home games so it'll be packed. If 10-11k Bison fans show up I will be more than surprised. I'd expect a great showing would be 5k and that would be at most a 1/4 of the crowd. I'm with CaribbeanHen

Gangtackle11
August 11th, 2016, 08:26 AM
Bison fans will make up no more than 20 to 25 %
Ok. I was 1/2 kidding with my 1/2 the stadium filled by Bison fans!

F'N Hawks
August 11th, 2016, 08:28 AM
UD typically draws over 20k for the first night game or two during the season regardless of opponent. Even with dwindling fan interest vs Jacksonville, Del St, or Patriot league team. Attendance severely drops off into October/November. I wouldn't be surprised by a sell out. It'll be a night game and one of the first home games so it'll be packed. If 10-11k Bison fans show up I will be more than surprised. I'd expect a great showing would be 5k and that would be at most a 1/4 of the crowd. I'm with CaribbeanHen

11K Bison fans in Delaware in September? xchinscratchx

bluehenbillk
August 11th, 2016, 08:46 AM
Even with UD's play the past few years, it's hard to believe the game wouldn't draw at minimum 20K if not sell out the whole 22K. In regards to NDSU fans travel, I've been going to UD games my entire life - 46 years plus, the most visiting fans I've ever seen in the Tub was somewhere between 2,000-3,000. Probably Lehigh, West Chester or the first DelState playoff game. South Dakota St probably brought about 50 fans haha.

Thumper 76
August 11th, 2016, 09:05 AM
Even with UD's play the past few years, it's hard to believe the game wouldn't draw at minimum 20K if not sell out the whole 22K. In regards to NDSU fans travel, I've been going to UD games my entire life - 46 years plus, the most visiting fans I've ever seen in the Tub was somewhere between 2,000-3,000. Probably Lehigh, West Chester or the first DelState playoff game. South Dakota St probably brought about 50 fans haha.

NDSU travels WAY better than SDSU does. Plus don't forget the Wentz effect with him being in Philly. Might get more than you think. I doubt 5,000 but there will be a healthy chuck there.

PAllen
August 11th, 2016, 09:22 AM
Lehigh brought more than 3000 to the regular season game in 1999. That was a while ago, but we had about a 1/4 of the stadium, and if memory serves, that was your homecoming game. All said, I'd be surprised at much more than 5-6K NDSU fans making it into the stands.

dewey
August 11th, 2016, 09:32 AM

Thankfully we never played Lehigh in the OOC schedule otherwise that would have been a loss for sure. NDSU's OOC FCS (cupcakes according to me) since 2008 has been St Francis, Lafayette, UN_, Weber State, Austin Peay, Central Connecticut State, Wagner College, Morgan State, Robert Morris, Prairie View A&M, Ferris State, Delaware State and Incarnate Word.

Dewey

dewey
August 11th, 2016, 09:34 AM
11K Bison fans in Delaware in September? xchinscratchx

Absolutely no way. I would be surprised if the number was even half that.

Dewey

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 11th, 2016, 10:19 AM
Thankfully we never played Lehigh in the OOC schedule otherwise that would have been a loss for sure. NDSU's OOC FCS (cupcakes according to me) since 2008 has been St Francis, Lafayette, UN_, Weber State, Austin Peay, Central Connecticut State, Wagner College, Morgan State, Robert Morris, Prairie View A&M, Ferris State, Delaware State and Incarnate Word.

Dewey

Ferris State, the year we played them, would have beaten a lot of teams we played that year. They were good.

PantherRob82
August 11th, 2016, 10:21 AM

Yes they are.

RootinFerDukes
August 11th, 2016, 10:26 AM
So I'll ask this question to NDSU fans, what is the furthest FCS out of conference opponent you've played and approximately how many fans did you bring? Likewise, since YSU is your furthest conference opponent, how much have you all brought there within the last two or three visits?

It's one thing to turn out for five straight title games in a stadium with easy flights into a major airport, low demand outside of your own fan base with three weeks notice (and really more notice than that with how confident your fan base has become).

How you all travel to FCS OOC games in the past and to YSU will be a better indicator of how many will show up to UD than how well you all show up to Frisco when there's a lot more on the line.

clenz
August 11th, 2016, 10:26 AM
Yes they are.
They are 9-13 over the last two years.
You need to learn some respect.

Twentysix
August 11th, 2016, 10:28 AM

:/ their best team in recent memory couldnt score when we played them. But if you say so...

Twentysix
August 11th, 2016, 10:29 AM
So I'll ask this question to NDSU fans, what is the furthest FCS out of conference opponent you've played and approximately how many fans did you bring? Likewise, since YSU is your furthest conference opponent, how much have you all brought there within the last two or three visits?

It's one thing to turn out for five straight title games in a stadium with easy flights into a major airport, low demand outside of your own fan base with three weeks notice (and really more notice than that with how confident your fan base has become).

How you all travel to FCS OOC games in the past and to YSU will be a better indicator of how many will show up to UD than how well you all show up to Frisco when there's a lot more on the line.

Probably georgia southern. I have no idea on numbers.

Twentysix
August 11th, 2016, 10:30 AM
I would expect less than 2000 go to UD.

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 11th, 2016, 10:37 AM
They are 9-13 over the last two years.
You need to learn some respect.

2014 was the worst team in two decades.

2010,10-3 finished Top 15 in polls
2011, 11-2 Finished Top 10, Payton Runner-up.
2012, 10-1 Finished Top 25
2013, 8-3 ranked most of the year

Lehigh is one of the more successful "small schools" in the east. They win a helluva lot more than they lose.

Twentysix
August 11th, 2016, 10:38 AM
Though the trip to ud is only like 250 miles farther than fargo to missoula...

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 11th, 2016, 10:43 AM
:/ their best team in recent memory couldnt score when we played them. But if you say so...

Meh, horrible weak. NDSU was a great team in a brutal enviroment. There's been teams that come in there and do worse. In fact Lehigh played better the Bison better than GSU the following week. Beating the CAA Champs on the road in the playoffs and Top 10 ranking makes for a very good year/team.

Delaware and Lehigh have a great history. Hopefully the Bison fans enjoy the trip to the Tub. That place can be a very tough place to play when juiced up for a big game.

MR. CHICKEN
August 11th, 2016, 10:46 AM
....ON ATTENDANCE.......WHAT IS STANDARD TICKET ALLOTMENT.......TO VISITIN' TEAMS.....FOR REGULAR SEASON GIDDY-UPS....500?.....2000?.........MAYBE MORE..IF...IN DEAL WORKED OUT WHIFF.....BIZONSSSSS....H/H......BRAWK!

....IS DEY'RE EVEN AN ALLOTMENT?...........xdontknowx........AWK!

UNIFanSince1983
August 11th, 2016, 10:54 AM
Meh, horrible weak. NDSU was a great team in a brutal enviroment. There's been teams that come in there and do worse. In fact Lehigh played better the Bison better than GSU the following week. Beating the CAA Champs on the road in the playoffs and Top 10 ranking makes for a very good year/team.

Delaware and Lehigh have a great history. Hopefully the Bison fans enjoy the trip to the Tub. That place can be a very tough place to play when juiced up for a big game.

I mean I guess if you want to consider losing by 24 while not scoring better than losing by 28 while getting a TD. To me that seems like a wash.

clenz
August 11th, 2016, 10:57 AM
2014 was the worst team in two decades.

2010,10-3 finished Top 15 in polls
2011, 11-2 Finished Top 10, Payton Runner-up.
2012, 10-1 Finished Top 25
2013, 8-3 ranked most of the year

Lehigh is one of the more successful "small schools" in the east. They win a helluva lot more than they lose.
This is a fun game

Andy Coen

Andy Coen

Andy Coen

Andy Coen

Lehigh has been .500 or worse 59 times in their 123 seasons. That's 48% of the time.

Outside of that little run you posted about Lehigh as many seasons at/under 500 as over in their history. Hard to consider that a "hell of a lot more".

They seem to have some "big years" and then be very....very...meh every other year.

JSUSoutherner
August 11th, 2016, 10:59 AM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23192&stc=1

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 11th, 2016, 11:22 AM
This is a fun game

Andy Coen

Andy Coen

Andy Coen

Andy Coen

Lehigh has been .500 or worse 59 times in their 123 seasons. That's 48% of the time.

Outside of that little run you posted about Lehigh as many seasons at/under 500 as over in their history. Hard to consider that a "hell of a lot more".

They seem to have some "big years" and then be very....very...meh every other year.

Since the early 70's they've been good on a pretty consistent basis. Prior to the Andy Coen's arrival they went...

'98 12-1 Top 15 Ranking
'99 10-2 Top 15 Ranking
'00 12-1 Top 10 Ranking
'01 11-1 Top 5 ranking
'02 8-4 Preseason #2, injuries killed them
'03 8-3 Top 25 Ranking
'04 9-3 Top 20 Ranking
'05 8-3

Villanova and Richmond also experience peaks and valleys. A couple of 'Nova's recent teams were truly terrible. Over time I've noticed the private schools have a much harder time winning year after year. Harvard is the only one that really comes to mind that seems immune to a losing record or string of them.

The reason Lafayette has an all time winning record against Lehigh is the fact the Lehigh football sucked for the first 70 or so years of its existence. I believe their 1-AA/FCS winning % is among the top 15 or so all time.

clenz
August 11th, 2016, 11:40 AM

John Whitehead

John Whitehead

John Whitehead

John Whitehead

Hank Small

Hank Small

Hank Small

Hank Small

Hank Small

Hank Small

Hank Small

Hank Small

Kevin Higgins

Kevin Higgins

Kevin Higgins

Kevin Higgins

That's a whole lot of 4 5 or 6 win seasons

ursus arctos horribilis
August 11th, 2016, 11:42 AM
Triple post of the same comment! Guess that's one way to boost your post count and be eligible to participate in the poll. xrolleyesx

It was 3 different threads that were combined which makes it appear as a triple post...unless you notice the forum name heading above each post.

bluehenbillk
August 11th, 2016, 11:50 AM
Gotta love how a lone Villanova and a poster or two from Lehigh can try to hijack a thread.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 11th, 2016, 11:54 AM
Gotta love how a lone Villanova and a poster or two from Lehigh can try to hijack a thread.

Yeah, well it's pretty easy to pull clenz off track really so he greases the wheels up pretty good too. xlolx

BisonTru
August 11th, 2016, 11:55 AM
....ON ATTENDANCE.......WHAT IS STANDARD TICKET ALLOTMENT.......TO VISITIN' TEAMS.....FOR REGULAR SEASON GIDDY-UPS....500?.....2000?.........MAYBE MORE..IF...IN DEAL WORKED OUT WHIFF.....BIZONSSSSS....H/H......BRAWK!

....IS DEY'RE EVEN AN ALLOTMENT?...........xdontknowx........AWK!

At NDSU it's 4-500 for the visiting team. I think that might be a conference rule, iirc, so that number could be higher or lower since this game is OOC. I'm sure they'll be a chunk of seats allocated.

clenz
August 11th, 2016, 12:01 PM
Yeah, well it's pretty easy to pull clenz off track really so he greases the wheels up pretty good too. xlolx
Is that a fat joke?

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 11th, 2016, 12:01 PM

It's all relating back to scheduling. I think UD or NDSU were referenced a lot in my posts. Only the last page or so have been off a little askew...

Ivytalk
August 11th, 2016, 12:12 PM
Great to hear this! I'll actually get to see NDSU in Newark before my knees give out.xthumbsupxxawesomex

gumby013
August 11th, 2016, 12:32 PM
I'm just putting this out there now for the NDSU fans, if/when TicketMaster puts any geographic restrictions on orders for the NDSU/UD game in '19 I will take orders for any interested parties for a $50 service charge per order.

We've been known to buy opposing team season tickets. Just throwing that out there.

bluehenbillk
August 11th, 2016, 12:41 PM
I believe UD allots 500 seats for the visiting team, whatever the minimum CAA requirement is.

superman7515
August 11th, 2016, 12:49 PM
We've been known to buy opposing team season tickets. Just throwing that out there.

And we've been known to sell opposing teams season tickets. You bizons are welcome. Maybe now you'll actually be better than Montana at something. Nice to see you decide to finally man up and play someone other than the Little Sisters of the Poor.

Have the balls to leave New England? We've played 7 games in New England in the last 6 seasons, and they were all conference games, so the f--- you talking about? 13-1 against that cupcake conference you call home Clenz. The icing may be a little different, but the cupcake teams are just as soft.

Just make sure to shave your ladies before the BangBus rolls into town so I can tell the difference between them and the mascot. NDSwho?

ursus arctos horribilis
August 11th, 2016, 01:11 PM
Is that a fat joke?
No. I am not in a position to be making those.

BisonTru
August 11th, 2016, 01:11 PM
And we've been known to sell opposing teams season tickets. You bizons are welcome. Maybe now you'll actually be better than Montana at something. Nice to see you decide to finally man up and play someone other than the Little Sisters of the Poor.

Have the balls to leave New England? We've played 7 games in New England in the last 6 seasons, and they were all conference games, so the f--- you talking about? 13-1 against that cupcake conference you call home Clenz. The icing may be a little different, but the cupcake teams are just as soft.

Just make sure to shave your ladies before the BangBus rolls into town so I can tell the difference between them and the mascot. NDSwho?

The little sister of the poors keeps demanding a return game in their tin shack. If we're going to visit a cupcake might as well make it a trip.

BTW, how does your booster club work. If I start donating now, do I get any consecutive years bonus?

clenz
August 11th, 2016, 01:17 PM
The little sister of the poors keeps demanding a return game in their tin shack. If we're going to visit a cupcake might as well make it a trip.

BTW, how does your booster club work. If I start donating now, do I get any consecutive years bonus?
By 2019 over half of their fan base will be dead or unable to leave the nursing home.

You should be fine.

BisonTru
August 11th, 2016, 01:18 PM
By 2019 over half of their fan base will be dead or unable to leave the nursing home.

You should be fine.

xlolx Good point.

IBleedYellow
August 11th, 2016, 01:19 PM

It's hilarious that our fans do this so often.

I know I personally have donated to SDSU more than I'd like to admit...

Thumper 76
August 11th, 2016, 01:29 PM

Donate a funeral plot or for the consecutive years bonus, sponsor a spot in a nursing home.

It's hilarious that our fans do this so often.

I know I personally have donated to SDSU more than I'd like to admit...

God bless you for your support xlolx

Gangtackle11
August 11th, 2016, 01:35 PM
Well done by both sides. Great to see new blood in the dome and good experience for our guy to travel there. I am pumped for these games.

Go 'Cats!! Lol.

Bisonator
August 11th, 2016, 01:39 PM

Lol hopefully your guys put up a better game then Delaware State. BTW they got to see ESPN Gameday in person so they got that going for them. Which is nice.xlolx

1992Bison
August 11th, 2016, 02:01 PM

Hell that will be the cheapest Bison ticket in years. Standing room tickets at the dome are $20. Make sure you save us about 5000

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 11th, 2016, 04:02 PM

Hate to brake it to you but more than likely UD is a cupcake in '18. This year's sophomore class, which is outstanding, will be seniors. Now '19 is a little more of an unknown on the Bison side.

superman7515
August 11th, 2016, 04:50 PM
Hate to brake it to you but more than likely UD is a cupcake in '18. This year's sophomore class, which is outstanding, will be seniors. Now '19 is a little more of an unknown on the Bison side.

Hate to "brake" it to you, but we all know this game was signed for one reason, and one reason only, otherwise you'd still be hiding behind the same bull, I mean bison, s--- OOC schedule you always have. Dean Bresciani and Matt Larsen totally screwed the pooch with their whole pay-for-media-access scheme and Bresciani's subsequent lies. I mean, not just screwed the pooch, but full-on border collie bukkake. Winter is long and cold in North Dakota, there's only three things to get you through; food, football, and fornication, and without access to football, Bresciani and Larsen were about to lose fornication too. But Larsen is a smart guy, he saw the crap storm he created coming down the mountain toward him, but he came over from Stony Brook, an American Association of Universities school in the northeast where everyone knows far and wide, if you want to get the Mrs. moist, you call up the biggest cock in the hen house, and unwritten rules about "2-1" or "no return game" be damned, he made the call and threw it all out on the line. Don't get it twisted, last night Mrs. Bresciani and Mrs. Larsen had on the red panties and for a brief moment, all was right in the Dakotas, but this ain't Montana State... you spin the wheel, you make the deal, and the devil shows up for what's his.

Gangtackle11
August 11th, 2016, 05:23 PM

Dewey
Interesting. That's a list that no Bison fan would make fun of Villanova playing Lehigh or Lafayette this season. Kudos that you beat everyone, but that's some list. Hostess would be jealous of that list of cupcakes. I can see why you are excited to play Delaware given that list of Eastern FCS teams. Huge step up in most cases.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 11th, 2016, 05:44 PM
Hate to "brake" it to you, but we all know this game was signed for one reason, and one reason only, otherwise you'd still be hiding behind the same bull, I mean bison, s--- OOC schedule you always have. Dean Bresciani and Matt Larsen totally screwed the pooch with their whole pay-for-media-access scheme and Bresciani's subsequent lies. I mean, not just screwed the pooch, but full-on border collie bukkake. Winter is long and cold in North Dakota, there's only three things to get you through; food, football, and fornication, and without access to football, Bresciani and Larsen were about to lose fornication too. But Larsen is a smart guy, he saw the crap storm he created coming down the mountain toward him, but he came over from Stony Brook, an American Association of Universities school in the northeast where everyone knows far and wide, if you want to get the Mrs. moist, you call up the biggest cock in the hen house, and unwritten rules about "2-1" or "no return game" be damned, he made the call and threw it all out on the line. Don't get it twisted, last night Mrs. Bresciani and Mrs. Larsen had on the red panties and for a brief moment, all was right in the Dakotas, but this ain't Montana State... you spin the wheel, you make the deal, and the devil shows up for what's his.

What a moronic post. Congrats.

Good to see new teams on the schedule. Like I said, the '18 will be a cupcake game but '19 has more unknowns for the Bison.

BisonTru
August 11th, 2016, 05:50 PM

Darrell? SiouxVolley? Did Supe's account get hacked.

superman7515
August 11th, 2016, 06:03 PM
Interesting. That's a list that no Bison fan would make fun of Villanova playing Lehigh or Lafayette this season. Kudos that you beat everyone, but that's some list. Hostess would be jealous of that list of cupcakes. I can see why you are excited to play Delaware given that list of Eastern FCS teams. Huge step up in most cases.

What the hell are you even doing in this thread?

https://media.giphy.com/media/PwoAlnYoPg0wg/giphy.gif

With your coach retiring, you probably won't even have a team by the time these games are played, so you ought to be using your time more wisely and head to St. Thomas of Villanova Church to get in your Hail Mary, Full of Grace's in an effort to get someone, anyone, to care once he leaves. Mass is every morning at 11, but Sacrament of Reconciliation With The Fact You Won't Have A Team Mo-Fo is by appointment only, so get it in now because the only reason you still have a university at all is because crap flows downhill and West Chester is 52 feet higher in elevation.

superman7515
August 11th, 2016, 06:08 PM

Darrell? SiouxVolley? Did Supe's account get hacked.

Meh, I stay relatively neutral during the season with the How They Fared stuff and polls and such so as not to give any notion of impropriety in the numbers I put out, so I only get to play the heel in the off-season, just run with it.

Thumper 76
August 11th, 2016, 06:16 PM
Meh, I stay relatively neutral during the season with the How They Fared stuff and polls and such so as not to give any notion of impropriety in the numbers I put out, so I only get to play the heel in the off-season, just run with it.

Please don't stop, I'm very much enjoying this xlolx

BisonTru
August 11th, 2016, 06:18 PM

Gotcha I don't mind the smack. Just thrown off a little by the conspiracy stuff, but I'm assuming most of it's a troll job. BTW, we are giving you folks a three years heads up. Don't ****ing run out of beer. xthumbsupx

superman7515
August 11th, 2016, 06:21 PM
Gotcha I don't mind the smack. Just thrown off a little by the conspiracy stuff, but I'm assuming most of it's a troll job. BTW, we are giving you folks a three years heads up. Don't ****ing run out of beer.

Delaware has never fallen lower than 4th in the nation for rates of alcoholism in the last 20+ years. Ever heard of that great national park in Delaware? How about the amusement parks? Major league sports teams? That's right, none of them, so we drink...

BisonTru
August 11th, 2016, 06:23 PM
Delaware has never fallen lower than 4th in the nation for rates of alcoholism in the last 20+ years. Ever heard of that great national park in Delaware? How about the amusement parks? Major league sports teams? That's right, none of them, so we drink...

You just described North Dakota. Could be a fun tailgate. xdrunkyx

Grizalltheway
August 11th, 2016, 06:26 PM

The great thing about booze is you can enjoy it in tandem with all three of those things...

BisonTru
August 11th, 2016, 06:28 PM
The great thing about booze is you can enjoy it in tandem with all three of those things...

They sell booze at amusement parks? And we can get it in a damn football game?! FML.

superman7515
August 11th, 2016, 06:41 PM
Please don't stop, I'm very much enjoying this xlolx

That's what the SDSU women said when they made the trip to Newark, but don't worth Northerners, you'll get your shot... If you know what I mean.

People often ask me what it means to be from Delaware. I tell them, it's triumph. Triumph. Triumph when we break away from England, the most powerful country in the world, and start our own nation and suddenly everyone and their brother wants to come hang with us and kick some tea swilling British ass. Triumph when the American flag was flown for the first time in the world right here in Newark, Delaware at the Battle of Iron Hill. Triumph when a man standing in a spacesuit made at ILC in Frederica, Delaware peers down from the moon and laughs in the face of the Soviet Union. Triumph when we go to the gym and see hot women doing yoga in Spandex, invented right here in Wilmington, Delaware. Triumph when Villanova speaks of their National Championship and realizes they only need to win five more to tie us. Triumph when the weapons, bombs, tanks, and rockets invented, tested, and built at DuPont and Chrysler in Delaware depose one dictator after another, defeat the Nazis, and free Europe time and again. Triumph. Triumph. Triumph. But it's not just the big things, my friend. It's the way I can set up lawn chairs at my friends house on the Delaware River and share a toast to the freedom my state started while watching Pennsylvanians charge head-first into gunfire in Chester, just hoping that they can enter my state. It's the way a New York cabbie sits up straight and floors the gas when he hears my accent. It's seeing the wide eyes and bead of sweat running down the forehead of a Maryland State Police officer when he opens my wallet and sees my drivers license. It's the way a snooty waiter speaking French in New Orleans hangs his head when I refuse the wine and ask for a Coke instead, in English, knowing full well he understands me and that they have it. It's the way an Iowan blushes and leans further into the urinal next to me in the bathroom, or the scowl that meets my smirk when I tip a waiter at the London Olympics in US dollars covered with the face of Washington after crossing the Delaware to whip some British ass. The way small mobs of Chicago school children follow me from a distance to see what a free man looks like, or how heads timidly rise and women gather when my accent stops the music in the clubs of Miami. Triumph. Every bit of it. That's what it means to be from Delaware.

TribeNomad1
August 11th, 2016, 06:48 PM
Timely post, earlier today I heard "One bourbon, one scotch, and one beer" on the radio. Ole' GT and the Delaware Destroyers.......

BisonTru
August 11th, 2016, 06:48 PM
That's what the SDSU women said when they made the trip to Newark, but don't worth Northerners, you'll get your shot... If you know what I mean.

People often ask me what it means to be from Delaware. I tell them, it's triumph. Triumph. Triumph when we break away from England, the most powerful country in the world, and start our own nation and suddenly everyone and their brother wants to come hang with us and kick some tea swilling British ass. Triumph when the American flag was flown for the first time in the world right here in Newark, Delaware at the Battle of Iron Hill. Triumph when a man standing in a spacesuit made at ILC in Frederica, Delaware peers down from the moon and laughs in the face of the Soviet Union. Triumph when we go to the gym and see hot women doing yoga in Spandex, invented right here in Wilmington, Delaware. Triumph when Villanova speaks of their National Championship and realizes they only need to win five more to tie us. Triumph when the weapons, bombs, tanks, and rockets invented, tested, and built at DuPont and Chrysler in Delaware depose one dictator after another, defeat the Nazis, and free Europe time and again. Triumph. Triumph. Triumph. But it's not just the big things, my friend. It's the way I can set up lawn chairs at my friends house on the Delaware River and share a toast to the freedom my state started while watching Pennsylvanians charge head-first into gunfire in Chester, just hoping that they can enter my state. It's the way a New York cabbie sits up straight and floors the gas when he hears my accent. It's seeing the wide eyes and bead of sweat running down the forehead of a Maryland State Police officer when he opens my wallet and sees my drivers license. It's the way a snooty waiter speaking French in New Orleans hangs his head when I refuse the wine and ask for a Coke instead, in English, knowing full well he understands me and that they have it. It's the way an Iowan blushes and leans further into the urinal next to me in the bathroom, or the scowl that meets my smirk when I tip a waiter at the London Olympics in US dollars covered with the face of Washington after crossing the Delaware to whip some British ass. The way small mobs of Chicago school children follow me from a distance to see what a free man looks like, or how heads timidly rise and women gather when my accent stops the music in the clubs of Miami. Triumph. Every bit of it. That's what it means to be from Delaware.

Triumph, when you folks learn how to use paragraphs. xlolx

gumby013
August 11th, 2016, 07:00 PM
My favorite thing in Delaware. Granted, it's the only thing I have ever attended in the state.

https://www.punkinchunkin.com

JSUSoutherner
August 11th, 2016, 07:02 PM
Triumph, when you folks learn how to use paragraphs. xlolx
No ****ing kidding...

superman7515
August 11th, 2016, 07:07 PM
No ****ing kidding...

Oh look, the little cocks decided to jump in. Listen Toadie, just because Farcus had something to say, it doesn't mean you can chime in like a mockingbird.

http://vinylmationkingdom.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/08groverdill.jpg

JSUSoutherner
August 11th, 2016, 07:09 PM
Oh look, the little cocks decided to jump in. Listen Toadie, just because Farcus had something to say, it doesn't mean you can chime in like a mockingbird.

http://vinylmationkingdom.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/08groverdill.jpg
LOL.... This guy.

Lehigh'98
August 11th, 2016, 07:15 PM
This thread is fantastic. Somehow on a NDSU Delaware thread, I just read about Lehigh's football history. Nice work

BisonFan02
August 11th, 2016, 08:03 PM
LOL.... This guy.

Sit yo ass down.

Hey supe. Are you available to bail out the POD and I when we inevitably commit some sort of atrocity in the Delmarva-Ish area? xlolx

IBleedYellow
August 11th, 2016, 08:05 PM
Sit yo ass down.

Hey supe. Are you available to bail out the POD and I when we inevitably commit some sort of atrocity in the Delmarva-Ish area? xlolx
You're forgetting me. Asshole!

BisonFan02
August 11th, 2016, 08:11 PM
You're forgetting me. Asshole!

You'll be fine! We will be sure to leave you some Dr. Pepper and cheetos with you in the trunk of our car. The cops will never find you, or the car, at the selected service Plaza on the turnpike. xthumbsupx

caribbeanhen
August 11th, 2016, 08:28 PM

it was pretty obvious to me, to bad ole Pinoch hasnt figured out where the strings are attached. haha

TheKingpin28
August 11th, 2016, 08:40 PM
Excited for this and plan on saving up for it.

MR. CHICKEN
August 11th, 2016, 09:36 PM
]Excited for this and plan on saving up for it.[/B]

....PUT IT IN YER 401......IT'S OWN-LAH....UH..FOOTBALL GAME.....25 YEARS FROM HERE......WHEN DUH HIP...NEEDS REBUILT.......IT'LL HELP MEET...DUH DEDUCTABLE...........BRAWK!

RootinFerDukes
August 12th, 2016, 07:29 AM
I'm very much looking forward to Superman talking to all of Bison Nation over the next 2-3 years. NDSU may win both games on the field, but Superman will make sure UD wins both games in the message boards.

Southern Bison
August 12th, 2016, 07:48 AM
I am glad it is a game that is within driving distance and I can get a ticket.
The NDSU Alumni of the Carolinas will be doing a roadtrip!!

We will also be hosting a tailgate party for any Bison alumni, fans, & parents. Any AGS folks thinking about going to the game are welcome to join in.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

gumby013
August 12th, 2016, 07:58 AM

We will also be hosting a tailgate party for any Bison alumni, fans, & parents. Any AGS folks thinking about going to the game are welcome to join in.

Count me in. You guys did a great job at Youngstown a couple years ago.

IBleedYellow
August 12th, 2016, 09:53 AM
If I'm there I know I'm partying with Southern Bison.

superman7515
August 12th, 2016, 09:58 AM

F--- that, no one is out atrociousing me on my home turf... xnodx

Bisonoline
August 12th, 2016, 12:43 PM

If I make the trip we will hook up.

Im hoping Teammakers has a fly in and out same day deal like they did for the EWU game.

caribbeanhen
August 12th, 2016, 01:05 PM
If I make the trip we will hook up.

Im hoping Teammakers has a fly in and out same day deal like they did for the EWU game.

what do you mean if I make the trip.... you wouldnt want to miss this one

Southern Bison
August 12th, 2016, 02:41 PM
what do you mean if I make the trip.... you wouldnt want to miss this one

Damn Straight!

If I'm there I know I'm partying with Southern Bison.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160812/27b3814ad6b100652b770ff805639b0e.jpg

POD Knows
August 12th, 2016, 03:46 PM

All that stuff happened in that closet of a state.

POD Knows
August 12th, 2016, 03:52 PM
F--- that, no one is out atrociousing me on my home turf... xnodx

All we would need is the phone number of a decent bail bondsman and a place that delivers quality pizza.

Might try try and make this trip. Could be fun.

fansincehighschool
August 12th, 2016, 05:27 PM
That's what the SDSU women said when they made the trip to Newark, but don't worth Northerners, you'll get your shot... If you know what I mean. People often ask me what it means to be from Delaware. I tell them, it's triumph. Triumph. Triumph when we break away from England, the most powerful country in the world, and start our own nation and suddenly everyone and their brother wants to come hang with us and kick some tea swilling British ass. Triumph when the American flag was flown for the first time in the world right here in Newark, Delaware at the Battle of Iron Hill. Triumph when a man standing in a spacesuit made at ILC in Frederica, Delaware peers down from the moon and laughs in the face of the Soviet Union. Triumph when we go to the gym and see hot women doing yoga in Spandex, invented right here in Wilmington, Delaware. Triumph when Villanova speaks of their National Championship and realizes they only need to win five more to tie us. Triumph when the weapons, bombs, tanks, and rockets invented, tested, and built at DuPont and Chrysler in Delaware depose one dictator after another, defeat the Nazis, and free Europe time and again. Triumph. Triumph. Triumph. But it's not just the big things, my friend. It's the way I can set up lawn chairs at my friends house on the Delaware River and share a toast to the freedom my state started while watching Pennsylvanians charge head-first into gunfire in Chester, just hoping that they can enter my state. It's the way a New York cabbie sits up straight and floors the gas when he hears my accent. It's seeing the wide eyes and bead of sweat running down the forehead of a Maryland State Police officer when he opens my wallet and sees my drivers license. It's the way a snooty waiter speaking French in New Orleans hangs his head when I refuse the wine and ask for a Coke instead, in English, knowing full well he understands me and that they have it. It's the way an Iowan blushes and leans further into the urinal next to me in the bathroom, or the scowl that meets my smirk when I tip a waiter at the London Olympics in US dollars covered with the face of Washington after crossing the Delaware to whip some British ass. The way small mobs of Chicago school children follow me from a distance to see what a free man looks like, or how heads timidly rise and women gather when my accent stops the music in the clubs of Miami. Triumph. Every bit of it. That's what it means to be from Delaware. Amen Brother!

Ivytalk
August 12th, 2016, 05:47 PM
Looking forward to meeting a bunch of NoDaks in New-ark.

BisonFan02
August 13th, 2016, 01:09 AM
All we would need is the phone number of a decent bail bondsman and a place that delivers quality pizza.

Wawa for days.....xlolx

UD77
August 13th, 2016, 05:31 AM
To get back to the original topic -- a little. I think that UD needed to do something to make FB relevant again. After a purge of a bad President (from an interest in athletics - not academics) and two ADs that caused significant down turn in the amount of interest in the FB program both from a performance record AND the way they treated the fan base (too much history to go through on this), the new Pres and AD had to do something .... really anything. Over that time (since 2009) we saw a drop of season ticket holders from something like 11,500 down to about 7,000. Used to sell out at 21,000 no lucky to draw 15,000. The last few years they have been scheduling FBS teams, but with the abysmal current coaching and lack of recruiting these have turned into beat downs that no one is really interested in seeing. It was stated earlier and it is absolutely true, UD had the worse passing performance in all of FCS last year, 67 yards a game, two total TD passes (only one by the QB). Once the other defenses understood that they could stack the line and not worry about the pass attack the very strong run attack was stopped. Very difficult to watch the offense last year. The coach guaranteed making the playoffs this year (if not I would expect him gone) but he did nothing to help the passing game same QB and not really much help at WR. Hope springs eternal that he saw something in this QB and we can be at least average in passing as the running game should be outstanding. So either way when we play NDSU in 2018 and 2019, we will have a better team (either a new coach that can coach or this coach proved himself by winning this year and next). Also, if you looked at the rest of UD's athletic programs you will see a lack of competitiveness in almost every program. Apparently, winning is not a requirement to hold your job as a coach at UD. The getting back to relevance in the other programs will take place too I believe.

Now to get to the idea that bringing in a TOP FCS team at Delaware would mean packing the stadium. The year that SDSU came to UD I believe that SDSU was ranked top five in the country. UD was ranked well back in those days as we had a coach that go the team to the national finals 3 out of 11 years - don't remember the ranking that year. Anyway, we had a sell out crowd for a local D2 team West Chester and I believe that the SDSU game attendance was the worst attended game of the year. What is also telling is that the SDSU game was early in the schedule when the games usually sold out. Very few of the walk up crowd to a game had any idea that SDSU was a good team - no idea.

I hope that the new AD and Pres do a good job in getting fans interested in FB again but it will be difficult getting back the people that gave up their season tickets and as mentioned earlier the average age of the UD fan is pretty high. Students for a variety of reasons do not attend the games as they did in the past (increase in gestapo like security, crack down on tailgating and just the why go to the game when I can play Nintendo and drink in my room). There are a lot of things to do in the general area that most likely have a bigger draw to kids today. I don't see many becoming STH in the future. It will be tough getting fans back in the seats. By the way, the FB program management at UD would make a great Harvard Business study of HOW NOT to market and generate revenue from a asset.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 13th, 2016, 06:35 AM
To get back to the original topic -- a little. I think that UD needed to do something to make FB relevant again. After a purge of a bad President (from an interest in athletics - not academics) and two ADs that caused significant down turn in the amount of interest in the FB program both from a performance record AND the way they treated the fan base (too much history to go through on this), the new Pres and AD had to do something .... really anything. Over that time (since 2009) we saw a drop of season ticket holders from something like 11,500 down to about 7,000. Used to sell out at 21,000 no lucky to draw 15,000. The last few years they have been scheduling FBS teams, but with the abysmal current coaching and lack of recruiting these have turned into beat downs that no one is really interested in seeing. It was stated earlier and it is absolutely true, UD had the worse passing performance in all of FCS last year, 67 yards a game, two total TD passes (only one by the QB). Once the other defenses understood that they could stack the line and not worry about the pass attack the very strong run attack was stopped. Very difficult to watch the offense last year. The coach guaranteed making the playoffs this year (if not I would expect him gone) but he did nothing to help the passing game same QB and not really much help at WR. Hope springs eternal that he saw something in this QB and we can be at least average in passing as the running game should be outstanding. So either way when we play NDSU in 2018 and 2019, we will have a better team (either a new coach that can coach or this coach proved himself by winning this year and next). Also, if you looked at the rest of UD's athletic programs you will see a lack of competitiveness in almost every program. Apparently, winning is not a requirement to hold your job as a coach at UD. The getting back to relevance in the other programs will take place too I believe.

Now to get to the idea that bringing in a TOP FCS team at Delaware would mean packing the stadium. The year that SDSU came to UD I believe that SDSU was ranked top five in the country. UD was ranked well back in those days as we had a coach that go the team to the national finals 3 out of 11 years - don't remember the ranking that year. Anyway, we had a sell out crowd for a local D2 team West Chester and I believe that the SDSU game attendance was the worst attended game of the year. What is also telling is that the SDSU game was early in the schedule when the games usually sold out. Very few of the walk up crowd to a game had any idea that SDSU was a good team - no idea.

I hope that the new AD and Pres do a good job in getting fans interested in FB again but it will be difficult getting back the people that gave up their season tickets and as mentioned earlier the average age of the UD fan is pretty high. Students for a variety of reasons do not attend the games as they did in the past (increase in gestapo like security, crack down on tailgating and just the why go to the game when I can play Nintendo and drink in my room). There are a lot of things to do in the general area that most likely have a bigger draw to kids today. I don't see many becoming STH in the future. It will be tough getting fans back in the seats. By the way, the FB program management at UD would make a great Harvard Business study of HOW NOT to market and generate revenue from a asset.

SDSU doesn't compare to NDSU in fan base travel to games. I'm not saying NDSU will automatically sell out the game but the Bison should bring 2-3K to the game...who knows maybe more. Closer game would have significantly more.

SENOREIDA
August 13th, 2016, 10:16 AM

Grotto's and Margaritas Pizza on Main Street. Both of those will change your life. Stay away from Seasons Pizza

POD Knows
August 13th, 2016, 10:29 AM
Grotto's and Margaritas Pizza on Main Street. Both of those will change your life. Stay away from Seasons Pizza

Grotto's and Margaritas got ripped on the rating sites but I would guess that they are probably better than any of the pizza swill we get in the Fargo area.

And before the MVFC fans throw Casey's at me, Casey's is truck stop/convenience store pizza and is the "bush meat" of pizza. It will keep you alive until you can get some place good to eat.

Back to the thread, I plan on going to this provided UD steps it up, I don't plan on going to a 40 point thrashing and that is what would happen if we played them today but a lot can happen in a few years.

andthehomeofthe-BIZON-
August 13th, 2016, 11:31 AM
Grotto's and Margaritas got ripped on the rating sites but I would guess that they are probably better than any of the pizza swill we get in the Fargo area.

And before the MVFC fans throw Casey's at me, Casey's is truck stop/convenience store pizza and is the "bush meat" of pizza. It will keep you alive until you can get some place good to eat.

Back to the thread, I plan on going to this provided UD steps it up, I don't plan on going to a 40 point thrashing and that is what would happen if we played them today but a lot can happen in a few years.

Rhombus guys?

Thumper 76
August 13th, 2016, 11:32 AM
Rhombus guys?

Spicy pie is pretty good

Twentysix
August 13th, 2016, 11:59 AM
Yeah Rhombus is some legit pizza. From someone who has lived on both coasts.

superman7515
August 13th, 2016, 01:28 PM

Grotto's is the hot garbage we feed to the tourists. No self-respecting person actually from Delaware eats that s--- and I'll be damned if I'll allow guests to be given such a negative view of the state of our pizza.

Gangtackle11
August 13th, 2016, 01:39 PM
Just hop in your rental car & go 30 or so minutes to Philly. Pizza & cheesesteaks that will melt your Bison brains. Get a taste of major league stuff if this is your only shot in the area.

SENOREIDA
August 13th, 2016, 02:09 PM
Grotto's is the hot garbage we feed to the tourists. No self-respecting person actually from Delaware eats that s--- and I'll be damned if I'll allow guests to be given such a negative view of the state of our pizza.
Haha. I guess I am the exception then, I have liked Grotto's my whole life. You can't tell me Grotto's isn't number two in Newark though?

1. Margarita's
2. Peace of Pizza (if it still exists)
3. Grottos
4. Seasons (horrible pizza)

PAllen
August 13th, 2016, 03:18 PM
Just hop in your rental car & go 30 or so minutes to Philly. Pizza & cheesesteaks that will melt your Bison brains. Get a taste of major league stuff if this is your only shot in the area.

This.

BisonFan02
August 13th, 2016, 05:48 PM
Rhombus guys?

Spicy pie is pretty good

Rhombus guys and especially Spicy Pie are absolute dog **** compared to real "NY Style" pizza out east.....

BisonFan02
August 13th, 2016, 05:52 PM

Rental car? xlolx road trip man.....Dalessandro's and Jim's. Pizza everywhere. I've had an itch to make it back out that way, and I don't think I will make it waiting for this game. xlolx

Gangtackle11
August 13th, 2016, 05:58 PM
Rental car? xlolx road trip man.....Dalessandro's and Jim's. Pizza everywhere. I've had an itch to make it back out that way, and I don't think I will make it waiting for this game. xlolx

Actually, I'm expecting a few of u to strap on a saddle on some of those Bad Boy Bison & ride into Newark! Just make sure u pick the one in Delaware.

superman7515
August 13th, 2016, 06:18 PM
Haha. I guess I am the exception then, I have liked Grotto's my whole life. You can't tell me Grotto's isn't number two in Newark though?

1. Margarita's
2. Peace of Pizza (if it still exists)
3. Grottos
4. Seasons (horrible pizza)

No Tony's Cafe? Taverna? Wood Fired Pizza Shop? Big Z? Pat's? Mario's? Amalfi? Tony's Bistro? Agostino's? Nick & Joe's? Cacciatori's? Dominic's? Amore? Rudy's?... You're killing me Smalls. And we're just talking Newark, not even making the short trip to Little Italy in Wilmington.

Thumper 76
August 13th, 2016, 06:50 PM
Actually, I'm expecting a few of u to strap on a saddle on some of those Bad Boy Bison & ride into Newark! Just make sure u pick the one in Delaware.

https://youtu.be/iJ4T9CQA0UM

Thumper 76
August 13th, 2016, 06:50 PM
Rhombus guys and especially Spicy Pie are absolute dog **** compared to real "NY Style" pizza out east.....

Well considering I'm not eating my pizza out east I guess I'm set then xlolx

BisonFan02
August 13th, 2016, 07:02 PM
Well considering I'm not eating my pizza out east I guess I'm set then xlolx

Well...don't ever do it then either. You will be "pizza jadded" for life. xlolx. It's like eating something authentic (cheesesteaks would be another example) and when you relocate, some local tries to pass off some alternative as good. It's just a constant disappointment. Think NDSU football and moving to Vermillion and going "we've got football in a dome too!" xlolx

BisonFan02
August 13th, 2016, 07:03 PM
No Tony's Cafe? Taverna? Wood Fired Pizza Shop? Big Z? Pat's? Mario's? Amalfi? Tony's Bistro? Agostino's? Nick & Joe's? Cacciatori's? Dominic's? Amore? Rudy's?... You're killing me Smalls. And we're just talking Newark, not even making the short trip to Little Italy in Wilmington.

Little Italy in Wilmington? Does that rival Chinatown in Dover? :D

SENOREIDA
August 13th, 2016, 08:08 PM
Little Italy in Wilmington? Does that rival Chinatown in Dover? :D
Delaware has a huge Italian population, like most neighborhoods it has changed overtime. If you do go to Little Italy, Mrs. Robino's is the best Italian food in Delaware.

PAllen
August 13th, 2016, 09:32 PM
Delaware has a huge Italian population, like most neighborhoods it has changed overtime. If you do go to Little Italy, Mrs. Robino's is the best Italian food in Delaware.

Again, like the best Chinese food in Dover. Delaware's got nothing on Baltimore of North Jersey for Italian food.

Bisonoline
August 13th, 2016, 10:12 PM

Spicy pie Is dog***** compared to dog****. YUCK. I dont think I could eat that crap even if I went back to drinking. Rhombus is ok. Nothing special unless you want some crazy combination like Thai or some other crazy crap. But I dont think you can really call that pizza? Can you?

BisonFan02
August 13th, 2016, 10:18 PM
Spicy pie Is dog***** compared to dog****. YUCK. I dont think I could eat that crap even if I went back to drinking. Rhombus is ok. Nothing special unless you want some crazy combination like Thai or some other crazy crap. But I dont think you can really call that pizza? Can you?

NOPE. Call me a foodie snob all you want peeps....when every place gets their ingredients from US Foods or SYSCO around here....it is just a sea of average. Some slightly better than others.

I cannot believe Spicy Pie gets away with passing off that stuff as pizza. The whole thought is a bunch of ****ing Fargo hipsters trying to feel cool by buying pizza by a slice with an atmosphere. It is the coffee shops of pizza and they should feel shame. xlolx It is ketchup on a cracker with some sort of bland cheese and absolutely no redeeming qualities.

Southern Bison
August 13th, 2016, 10:53 PM
Y'all will have Carolina Pulled Pork BBQ (the real BBQ), Southern Mac & Cheese, and beer at our tailgate shindig...

Hell of a lot better than some wannabe pizza.

Twentysix
August 13th, 2016, 11:17 PM

Meh, I've eaten at the top Yelp rated pizza places in New York, New Haven, and Chicago.

Rhombus is pretty good. Spicy pie is nothing more than good mall pizza. It has its place but it isn't some wonder pizza.

Also NY style pizza sucks compared to a great Chicago deep dish with reasonable toppings like sausage onions and peppers.

Also had cheesesteaks at the top rated place in Philly, also not super impressed.

But yeah, food outside of a region is usually a pale immitation. I don't believe rhombus ever proclaims to be NY style pizza though so that is a bizarre comment.

Twentysix
August 13th, 2016, 11:19 PM
Y'all will have Carolina Pulled Pork BBQ (the real BBQ), Southern Mac & Cheese, and beer at our tailgate shindig...

Hell of a lot better than some wannabe pizza.

If you promise to bring the SC mustard 'que I might think about going.

Green1
August 13th, 2016, 11:40 PM
Wait...... there is going to football and food?????

POD Knows
August 14th, 2016, 08:55 AM
Meh, I've eaten at the top Yelp rated pizza places in New York, New Haven, and Chicago.

Rhombus is pretty good. Spicy pie is nothing more than good mall pizza. It has its place but it isn't some wonder pizza.

Also NY style pizza sucks compared to a great Chicago deep dish with reasonable toppings like sausage onions and peppers.

Also had cheesesteaks at the top rated place in Philly, also not super impressed.

But yeah, food outside of a region is usually a pale immitation. I don't believe rhombus ever proclaims to be NY style pizza though so that is a bizarre comment.

The problem with up in the Dakota's is our regional food is some **** brought over from Norway or Germany (exclude sausages) that is flavorless crap. I ate stuff when I was a kid that would make a goat puke. I still like some of the old Norwegian stuff but I can't imagine anybody else seeking it out.

Southern Bison
August 14th, 2016, 09:11 AM
If you promise to bring the SC mustard 'que I might think about going.
UpState Bison will have to bring that nasty sauce for ya...real sauce is made with vinegar!

Southern Bison
August 14th, 2016, 09:12 AM
Wait...... there is going to football and food?????
Abso-****ing-lutely!

caribbeanhen
August 14th, 2016, 09:19 AM

really?

Grotto's sucks?

Drblankstare
August 14th, 2016, 09:55 AM
A little suprised this thread took this long to get to pizza.

BisonFan02
August 14th, 2016, 09:56 AM
A little suprised this thread took this long to get to pizza.

http://67.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ll2linac0x1qb3p1co1_500.gif

xlolx

superman7515
August 14th, 2016, 10:29 AM
Again, like the best Chinese food in Dover. Delaware's got nothing on Baltimore of North Jersey for Italian food.

Baltimore of North Jersey? What are you even doing in this thread? You don't know football or you'd pick a team in Virginia since even VU Lynchburg would take Lehigh to the woodshed, you don't know Patriot League schools or you would have chosen Lafayette, you don't know pizza, and now you don't know geography.

This is pretty much you going through life...
http://i.imgur.com/Rpjpnfj.gif

superman7515
August 14th, 2016, 10:37 AM
I'm very much looking forward to Superman talking to all of Bison Nation over the next 2-3 years. NDSU may win both games on the field, but Superman will make sure UD wins both games in the message boards.

http://i.imgur.com/qsEhoM7.gif

Twentysix
August 14th, 2016, 02:38 PM
The problem with up in the Dakota's is our regional food is some **** brought over from Norway or Germany (exclude sausages) that is flavorless crap. I ate stuff when I was a kid that would make a goat puke. I still like some of the old Norwegian stuff but I can't imagine anybody else seeking it out.

Yeah I pitty those from east Dakota. All of the good regional food is german russian and in west dakota. Kuchen, fleischkuekla, knoephla, etc.

Twentysix
August 14th, 2016, 02:45 PM
Spaetzel stroganoff etc

andthehomeofthe-BIZON-
August 14th, 2016, 02:47 PM
Nothing like a heaping plate of buttered lutefisk, said no one under the age of 70.....

TheKingpin28
August 14th, 2016, 02:51 PM
Now give me some solid Welsh or English food, yes please! Not a big fan of traditional Scandanavian, German, or Russian food.

POD Knows
August 14th, 2016, 03:47 PM
Now give me some solid Welsh or English food, yes please! Not a big fan of traditional Scandanavian, German, or Russian food.

Scandanavian/German/Russia Food > English food

POD Knows
August 14th, 2016, 03:49 PM
Yeah I pitty those from east Dakota. All of the good regional food is german russian and in west dakota. Kuchen, fleischkuekla, knoephla, etc.

I would kind of agree with you, you get west of the Iron Curtain, highway 281 in North Dakota, you can run across some decent ethnic food.

POD Knows
August 14th, 2016, 03:55 PM
Nothing like a heaping plate of buttered lutefisk, said no one under the age of 70.....

Ah, I can still smell it.

Don't forget about the timeless classics, Potato Klub and Blod Klub, good eatin'

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23223&stc=1

TheKingpin28
August 14th, 2016, 07:52 PM
Scandanavian/German/Russia Food > English food

Nah. Give me a 43 degree to room temp beer with some shepherd's pie or corned beef hash (some claim it originated in America but I have always known it to be an English dish), and I am living the dream.

POD Knows
August 14th, 2016, 08:04 PM
Nah. Give me a 43 degree to room temp beer with some shepherd's pie or corned beef hash (some claim it originated in America but I have always known it to be an English dish), and I am living the dream.

Isn't shepherd's pie and corned beef hash on Irish dish?

TheKingpin28
August 14th, 2016, 08:21 PM
Isn't shepherd's pie and corned beef hash on Irish dish?

UK so it would not be Irish then. If it was Northern Ireland, then it is possible. But from my understanding it was invented in England and Corned Beef was, again from my understanding, born in Wales due to cabbage and wide pastures.

Bisonoline
August 14th, 2016, 09:02 PM
Ah, I can still smell it.

Don't forget about the timeless classics, Potato Klub and Blod Klub, good eatin'

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23223&stc=1

There was a small cafe in Clearbrook MN that had the Klub. The first year we hunted up there the place was packed on Klub day. Of course I had no idea what it was. So I ordered my breakfast and a klub because there were 8 of us and they all wanted to try it also. Of course there were 2 kinds of klub. Reg and ham. I went with the ham. When it arrived it looked like a small cannon ball. As i cut it in to portions there was ONE , I repeat 1 small piece of ham in the center. Of course the other patrons saw the ham and exclamed oooooooooh you got a good one. And all shared on the best way to garnish it. Some like butter, some syrup, others just plain and some jelly. After eating my portion I can honestly say it felt like I had an anvil in my stomach and had no issues missing lunch. So it was appropriate when they served it like a cannonball.

Hammerhead
August 14th, 2016, 11:09 PM

Don't forget about wonderful Irish food. I probably ate boiled potatoes at least 5 days per week growing up.