PDA

View Full Version : The Citadel starting quarterback suspended for the Bulldogs opener

BisonBacker
August 5th, 2016, 08:11 AM
The Citadel starting quarterback Dominique Allen has been suspended for the Bulldogs’ Sept. 1 season opener at Mercer, football coach Brent Thompson said Wednesday.
Allen, who started every game of last year’s 9-4 Southern Conference championship season, was suspended for an unspecified violation of team rules.

Not a good start to the season. Any bulldogs fans know what the scoop is?

http://www.postandcourier.com/20160803/160809790/citadel-starting-quarterback-suspended-for-season-opener

walliver
August 5th, 2016, 08:24 AM
"Allen also has suffered an injury -- unrelated to his suspension -- that will keep him out of action for about four weeks, the school said. The Bulldogs open preseason practice on Thursday."

The suspension seems to be symbolic since he couldn't play anyway.

Since the suspension is only for one game, I doubt it was a significant offense.

Professor Chaos
August 5th, 2016, 08:55 AM
Given it's The Citadel it's probably a much lesser offense than what would dictate a suspension at a non-military school. At Illinois St he'd have to run one extra gasser in practice.

Go Green
August 5th, 2016, 09:37 AM
Given it's The Citadel it's probably a much lesser offense than what would dictate a suspension at a non-military school. At Illinois St he'd have to run one extra gasser in practice.

That's my guess as well.

Military justice is to justice what military music is to music.

FUBeAR
August 5th, 2016, 01:18 PM
More discussion on this topic is on this thread http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?182888-AGS-Poll-Results-SoCon-Preseason-Rankings-2016-SEASON - if interested.

Bisonoline
August 5th, 2016, 01:22 PM
"Allen also has suffered an injury -- unrelated to his suspension -- that will keep him out of action for about four weeks, the school said. The Bulldogs open preseason practice on Thursday."

The suspension seems to be symbolic since he couldn't play anyway.

Since the suspension is only for one game, I doubt it was a significant offense.

If they had any nuts they would wait until hes able to play----Then suspend him.