PDA

View Full Version : MVFC Commissioner Reiterates - FCS Playoffs To Be LESS Regionsl

SU DOG
August 2nd, 2016, 08:14 PM
Nothing new here I don't think, but the article is from today's INFORUM

http://www.inforum.com/sports/4086588-mvfc-commissioner-reiterates-fcs-playoffs-becoming-less-regional#.V6EmAIWDid9.twitter

dewey
August 3rd, 2016, 06:10 AM
Nothing new here I don't think, but the article is from today's INFORUM

http://www.inforum.com/sports/4086588-mvfc-commissioner-reiterates-fcs-playoffs-becoming-less-regional#.V6EmAIWDid9.twitter

Hope it will happen and it is not just some lip service.

Dewey

RootinFerDukes
August 3rd, 2016, 07:19 AM
Yeah I personally will believe it when I see it. It needs to be less regional across the country, not for just one conference primarily.

Bisonator
August 3rd, 2016, 08:07 AM
Big woop. So if only 4 teams from a conference get in it'll be the same old same old and all 4 could still end up on one side of the bracket. They had a chance to make significant changes and punted.

POD Knows
August 3rd, 2016, 09:02 AM
Big woop. So if only 4 teams from a conference get in it'll be the same old same old and all 4 could still end up on one side of the bracket. They had a chance to make significant changes and punted.

Maybe I read the article wrong, but they stated that if 4 or 5 teams from a single conference are in the tourney, an option exists to add another flight. Doesn't this statement imply that if there were 4 teams from a conference, they wouldn't be in the same side of the bracket. You could end up with three teams in the same side.

Sandlapper Spike
August 3rd, 2016, 10:48 AM
I hope they make it less regional. Last year's bracket was embarrassing.

OhioHen
August 3rd, 2016, 10:52 AM
Unfortunately, the key phrase in there is "option to add a flight." It means the committee can choose to do so, but they are not obligated.

Trumpster
August 3rd, 2016, 11:30 AM
Unfortunately, the key phrase in there is "option to add a flight." It means the committee can choose to do so, but they are not obligated.

True, however I think they felt obligated to put all the MVFC teams together before because of the flights. So maybe, only maybe, there won't be so much of it anymore. Hell, didn't just about every conference with a seed get a potential conference foe for that seed in the round of 16?

BisonTru
August 3rd, 2016, 12:00 PM

It makes it better. The committee will look foolish if they leave 4 or more teams from one conference on the same side now with this new rule. Before their hands were tied. Seeding the entire tournament or even just no re-matches in the second round as well as the first is what we would all like. Unfortunately the revenue is not there to justify the extra plane trips.

Bisonator
August 3rd, 2016, 02:36 PM
Maybe I read the article wrong, but they stated that if 4 or 5 teams from a single conference are in the tourney, an option exists to add another flight. Doesn't this statement imply that if there were 4 teams from a conference, they wouldn't be in the same side of the bracket. You could end up with three teams in the same side.
I missed that, I thought it was 5 when they first brought this up at the winter meetings, did they change it now to 4 or more? If so that's better.

Schism55
August 3rd, 2016, 04:18 PM
The ncaa makes around 1 billion a year in revenue. Cost of a few extra flights should not be a consideration.

Bisonoline
August 3rd, 2016, 10:58 PM
The ncaa makes around 1 billion a year in revenue. Cost of a few extra flights should not be a consideration.

xnodxxthumbsupx

Sycamore62
August 4th, 2016, 08:03 AM

also paying themselves first shouldnt be a consideration but Ill bet it is.