PDA

View Full Version : CCU's Bennett Tabbed COTY

TexasTerror
December 22nd, 2006, 02:45 PM
Never heard of this one, but a nice honor for Coach Bennett at CCU...

-------------
Round Rock, TX, December 20, 2006 --(PR.COM)-- Sportexe® is proud to announce the winners of its inaugural Football Coach of the Year award for 2006. As one of the global leaders in the synthetic turf system industry, Sportexe thoroughly reviewed candidates nationwide to find coaches from high school, collegiate and professional levels that demonstrate the same quality, integrity and performance that has become synonymous with the Sportexe brand.

Dedicated to providing proven, technology-rich synthetic field systems worldwide, Sportexe has developed a reputation for unsurpassed quality - from start to finish. Since its incorporation in 1989, Sportexe has been perfecting the finest details that go into making better, safer, and higher performing athletic surfaces.

This dedication to quality has led Sportexe to where it is today – underfoot of many of the most prestigious teams and sports facilities from around the globe. Sportexe clients include the Baltimore Ravens, New Orleans Saints, Buffalo Bills, San Francisco 49ers, LSU, University of Alabama, University of California at Berkeley, University of Southern Mississippi and De la Salle High School.

This year’s winners include:

• NFL: Sean Payton, New Orleans Saints
• NCAA Division I-A: Art Briles, University of Houston
• NCAA Division I-AA: David Bennett, Coastal Carolina University (Conway,S.C.)
• NCAA Division II: Billy O’Boyle, Chadron State College (Neb.)
• NCAA Division III: Frank Miriello, Washington & Lee University (Va.)
• NAIA: Dino Kaklis, Bethel College (Tenn.)
• Junior College: Brad Franchione, Blinn College (Brenham, Texas)
• High School: Bill Redell, Westlake Village Oaks Christian (Calif.)

NCAA Division I-AA: David Bennett, Coastal Carolina University (Conway, S.C.) - Only two other programs (Florida Atlantic and Georgia Southern) have ever reached the I-AA (now the Football Championship Subdivision) playoffs quicker than David Bennett’s Coastal Carolina University football team.

This year in just the fourth year of play, Bennett led Coastal to a 9-2 record, including a 4-0 mark in the Big South to earn its third consecutive Big South crown and the program's first-ever berth in the NCAA Division I Football Championships. CCU is the first Big South representative ever to earn an invitation, and only the second school from a non-automatic bid conference to earn a berth (Cal Poly - 2005) in the last 10 years.

Bennett has a 34-10 record during his four years with the Chants and has never had a losing season in his 11-year coaching career (97-27 overall). At Catawba, he led the Indians to three consecutive appearances in the NCAA Division II playoffs, including a run into the national semifinal round in 2001.

http://www.pr.com/press-release/25464

lizrdgizrd
December 22nd, 2006, 02:51 PM
Never heard of this one, but a nice honor for Coach Bennett at CCU...

-------------
Round Rock, TX, December 20, 2006 --(PR.COM)-- Sportexe® is proud to announce the winners of its inaugural Football Coach of the Year award for 2006. As one of the global leaders in the synthetic turf system industry, Sportexe thoroughly reviewed candidates nationwide to find coaches from high school, collegiate and professional levels that demonstrate the same quality, integrity and performance that has become synonymous with the Sportexe brand.

Dedicated to providing proven, technology-rich synthetic field systems worldwide, Sportexe has developed a reputation for unsurpassed quality - from start to finish. Since its incorporation in 1989, Sportexe has been perfecting the finest details that go into making better, safer, and higher performing athletic surfaces.

This dedication to quality has led Sportexe to where it is today – underfoot of many of the most prestigious teams and sports facilities from around the globe. Sportexe clients include the Baltimore Ravens, New Orleans Saints, Buffalo Bills, San Francisco 49ers, LSU, University of Alabama, University of California at Berkeley, University of Southern Mississippi and De la Salle High School.

This year’s winners include:

• NFL: Sean Payton, New Orleans Saints
• NCAA Division I-A: Art Briles, University of Houston
• NCAA Division I-AA: David Bennett, Coastal Carolina University (Conway,S.C.)
• NCAA Division II: Billy O’Boyle, Chadron State College (Neb.)
• NCAA Division III: Frank Miriello, Washington & Lee University (Va.)
• NAIA: Dino Kaklis, Bethel College (Tenn.)
• Junior College: Brad Franchione, Blinn College (Brenham, Texas)
• High School: Bill Redell, Westlake Village Oaks Christian (Calif.)

NCAA Division I-AA: David Bennett, Coastal Carolina University (Conway, S.C.) - Only two other programs (Florida Atlantic and Georgia Southern) have ever reached the I-AA (now the Football Championship Subdivision) playoffs quicker than David Bennett’s Coastal Carolina University football team.

This year in just the fourth year of play, Bennett led Coastal to a 9-2 record, including a 4-0 mark in the Big South to earn its third consecutive Big South crown and the program's first-ever berth in the NCAA Division I Football Championships. CCU is the first Big South representative ever to earn an invitation, and only the second school from a non-automatic bid conference to earn a berth (Cal Poly - 2005) in the last 10 years.

Bennett has a 34-10 record during his four years with the Chants and has never had a losing season in his 11-year coaching career (97-27 overall). At Catawba, he led the Indians to three consecutive appearances in the NCAA Division II playoffs, including a run into the national semifinal round in 2001.

http://www.pr.com/press-release/25464
I don't suppose all these fine institutions have the Sportexe product installed do they? xcoffeex

TexasTerror
December 22nd, 2006, 02:54 PM
I don't suppose all these fine institutions have the Sportexe product installed do they? xcoffeex

Not sure...

But I can't argue with Sean Payton (Saints) and Brad Franchione (Blinn Jr)...

Saints have made a huge turnaround with a whole new team in a city that needed a team to get excited about...

Lil Fran brought Blinn back to the national spotlight, a spot they used to be in...

Art Briles (Houston) is probably the second most deserving in his league behind Rice's Todd Graham. That's C-USA, that's not even counting the rest of the nation...

bodoyle
December 22nd, 2006, 03:00 PM
We dont I can tell you that much. Unless they install natural grass.

lizrdgizrd
December 22nd, 2006, 03:04 PM
We dont I can tell you that much. Unless they install natural grass.
Well, as long as they're not just trying to toot their own horn.

Looked to me like some good choices anyway. CCU has definitely done a great job in little time and the Saints are looking pretty good for having a new coach.