PDA

View Full Version : Who are your O and D sleepers from your team to be All American by seasons end?

knucklehead
July 13th, 2016, 07:28 PM
Pretty clear. Let's hear ya.

Mine from Liberty are:

O: Todd Macon RB
D: Nick Newman LB

Professor Chaos
July 13th, 2016, 07:39 PM
From NDSU.

Offense: C Austin Kuhnert
Defense: CB Jalen Allison

Bison Fan in NW MN
July 13th, 2016, 07:42 PM
From NDSU.

Offense: C Austin Kuhnert
Defense: CB Jalen Allison

Cannot argue with these 2.

geaux_sioux
July 13th, 2016, 07:43 PM
UND

O: OT Elijah Grady
D: MLB Taj Rich Jr.

Bisonator
July 13th, 2016, 08:10 PM
UND

O: OT Elijah Grady
D: MLB Taj Rich Jr.
You might want to try someone who is actually on the team. ;)

ALPHAGRIZ1
July 13th, 2016, 08:46 PM
Montana

O - WR Louie-McGhee
D - DE Schye or LB Banks (Cant pick just one)

Go Lehigh TU owl
July 13th, 2016, 08:49 PM
Lehigh has 4 guys that could show up on a 1st through 3rd team list. I think one of these absolutely will. Shafnisky is the wildcard in the group....

Nick Shafnisky Sr. QB
Troy Pelletier Jr. WR
Dominic Bragalone So. RB
Colton Caslow Sr. LB

JSUSoutherner
July 13th, 2016, 10:43 PM
O- WR Josh Barge (I still think he got shafted by not making the list last year)

D- LB Joel McCandless

FearTheBeak
July 13th, 2016, 11:57 PM
O- WR Josh Barge (I still think he got shafted by not making the list last year)

D- LB Joel McCandless
I would say D- DE Darius Jackson

JSUSoutherner
July 14th, 2016, 12:03 AM
I would say D- DE Darius Jackson
I was definitely torn between him and McCandless.

Smitty
July 14th, 2016, 06:44 AM
O - RB Detrez Newsome
D - LB Daniel Riddle

Sammy94
July 14th, 2016, 08:13 AM
O- RB Corey Avery
D- DE Mouf Adebo

clenz
July 14th, 2016, 08:19 AM
Offense - I don't know that we have a sleeper. Aaron Bailey and Tyvis Smith are known. I don't think Smith gets the numbers to get it. If David Johnson can't crack it then no way Tyvis Smith does. If I had to pick a true sleeper it would be WR Daurice Fountain. Champion sprinter/hurdler at 6'3. Haven't had a system to get him the ball. Doubt he gets enough numbers to get an an AA team though. Knowing UNI we'll land some OL on the team though.

Defense - DL Preston Woods. He's next in the Everette Pediscleaux, Ben Boothby, Issac Ales, Karter Schulte, line of DL dominance.

SFA 93
July 14th, 2016, 09:16 AM
SFA

One of our starting CBs

CB:#30 Trevon Smith 5-10; 184 (So.)

Played in 10 games as a true freshman with 5 starts, and really came on near the end of the season with TKL:26;PD:3;INT:2(1TD);FR:2

CB:#20 Tarrin Mitchell 5-10; 186 (So.)

Played in 11 games with 4 starts as a R/Freshman TKL:27;PD:1;INT:2

One on our OL

OL:#72 Travis Wiggins 6-3; 300 (Sr.)
OL:#68 Anthony Pullins 6-3; 300 (Sr.)

underdawg
July 14th, 2016, 09:21 AM
CJ Jennings Transfer CB from Wyoming who a number one Corner in the Cowboys depth chart

Ryan Sousa --Wide Receiver with speed (4.4) and good size (6-1 195) and is a great runner after the catch

eiu1999
July 14th, 2016, 09:22 AM
QB Austin Green
DL Kylin Washington

BEAR
July 14th, 2016, 10:38 AM
UCA:

O: RB Jarvis Cooper.
D: DE Cardell Best.

Both have big opportunity to play first team this year if they step up. Cardell Best should be no problem. But Cooper has competition with Daniels, Wells and Warren.

Mattymc727
July 14th, 2016, 10:40 AM
Nobody

PaladinFan
July 14th, 2016, 11:04 AM
I would be happy if Furman's offense would have a single guy that didn't look asleep out there. For the purpose of the exercise, though.

O: Duncan Fletcher, TE. Fletcher spent a lot of time injured last year, but he's a tough hombre in the short passing game. Furman has a long track record of stellar TEs.

D: Jaylan Reid, DT. At 5'11 275, Reid is a compact, quick, and powerful DT. Won't get a lot of accolades in a defense built to funnel tackles to the linebackers, but looks to be a wrecking ball in his sophomore season.

Daytripper
July 14th, 2016, 11:09 AM
O- RB Corey Avery
D- DE Mouf Adebo

I could see QB Jeremiah Briscoe having an All-American type year also.

kdinva
July 14th, 2016, 11:49 AM
VMI:

Off: WR Aaron Sanders
Def: ILB Ryan Francis, or DB Greg Sanders...

smallcollegefbfan
July 14th, 2016, 01:31 PM
Offense - I don't know that we have a sleeper. Aaron Bailey and Tyvis Smith are known. I don't think Smith gets the numbers to get it. If David Johnson can't crack it then no way Tyvis Smith does. If I had to pick a true sleeper it would be WR Daurice Fountain. Champion sprinter/hurdler at 6'3. Haven't had a system to get him the ball. Doubt he gets enough numbers to get an an AA team though. Knowing UNI we'll land some OL on the team though.

Defense - DL Preston Woods. He's next in the Everette Pediscleaux, Ben Boothby, Issac Ales, Karter Schulte, line of DL dominance.

Anyone who never picked Johnson as an All-American automatically disqualifies them from being worthy of acknowledged by schools or fans as a media service.

Fountain sounds interesting.

andthehomeofthe-BIZON-
July 14th, 2016, 03:19 PM
Known commodities man! How about that stud transfer running back? Think he'll get enough carries or they gonna go by committee since you have the depth?

- - - Updated - - -

D- LB Joel McCandless

Known commodities man! How about that stud transfer running back? Think he'll get enough carries or they gonna go by committee since you have the depth?

BisonTru
July 14th, 2016, 03:43 PM

Wasn't DJ an AA? Like SCFF said, he was a no brainer. Glad he finally moved on.

Cal Twait might be a couple years away, but he might be a sleeper to start getting into the AA conversation.

UNIFanSince1983
July 14th, 2016, 03:43 PM

Yeah can Barge really be a sleeper when he was picked on Athlon's list of Best FCS receivers?

JSUSoutherner
July 14th, 2016, 03:58 PM

- - - Updated - - -

I was just going off of guys who didn't make the AA list last year.

clenz
July 14th, 2016, 04:04 PM
Twait is going to be a damn stud. 6'7 290 and started 7 games at left tackle as a true freshman last season before and injury ended his season.

He's back to 100%.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160714/c0012e147683857aeab1905595bcc382.jpg

Son of 20 year Iowa Central CC head coach who has sent probably hundreds of kids D1. His grandfather had 339 wins as a HS coach in Iowa. Probably the second most famous coach in Iowa history. National COY in 99 and NFHS HOF class of 06.

Kid knows the game better than most coaches do.

BEAR
July 14th, 2016, 04:29 PM
Twait is going to be a damn stud. 6'7 290 and started 7 games at left tackle as a true freshman last season before and injury ended his season.

He's back to 100%.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160714/c0012e147683857aeab1905595bcc382.jpg

Son of 20 year Iowa Central CC head coach who has sent probably hundreds of kids D1. His grandfather had 339 wins as a HS coach in Iowa. Probably the second most famous coach in Iowa history. National COY in 99 and NFHS HOF class of 06.

Kid knows the game better than most coaches do.

I'll take an undersized kid with that kind of knowledge over an oversized beast that can't get plays right anyday! He's got both...nice.

knucklehead
July 14th, 2016, 08:18 PM
Thanks or the reading material guys. 1 more possibility for Liberty is WR B.J. Farrow With Darren Peterson moving on to the NFL, there is room for the RS Sophomore to step up. Great speed, great athletic ability, and improving rout running.

Here is what he did last year in his RS Freshman year.
• Saw playing time in all 11 games, starting 10 contests
• Ranked second on Liberty's roster with two touchdown receptions
• Ranked third on the team with 32 receptions and 448 receiving yards
• His 448 receiving yards were the third-highest total by a Liberty freshman in program history
• Finished his first collegiate season averaging 14.0 yards per reception
• Three receptions for 50 yards at West Virginia
• Posted his first collegiate 100-yard game, finishing the Southern Illinois game with eight receptions for 101 yards
• Named the Big South Freshman of the Week following the Southern Illinois game
• Posted his first collegiate touchdown catch on a nine-yard strike against Presbyterian
• Two receptions for 47 yards, including the game-winning touchdown reception on a 40-yard pass play against No. 4 Coastal Carolina
• Named Big South Freshman of the Week after helping Liberty close out the season with a victory over Coastal Carolina

Thumper 76
July 14th, 2016, 11:29 PM
CJ Jennings Transfer CB from Wyoming who a number one Corner in the Cowboys depth chart

Ryan Sousa --Wide Receiver with speed (4.4) and good size (6-1 195) and is a great runner after the catch

I am overcome with shock that you are touting a transfer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kemo
July 15th, 2016, 01:20 AM
South Dakota State:

Offense: Dallas Goedert (TE); I know he's snuck in as a 3rd/4th team All-American on a list or two, but I really feel he has a good shot at being 1st/2nd team All-American by the end of the season barring injury. Super talented and needs to be utilized more than last year (was still 1st team All Conference).

Defense: Jesse Bobbit (LB); Honorable mention All MVFC last year with 97 tackles, he was only eclipsed on the team by TJ Lally, who has graduated. Might move to the MLB position to replace Lally or could stay were he is, either way, he is poised for a big senior year. Sophomore corner back Jordan Brown could also come be garnering some post season recognition by years end as well.

McNeese72
July 16th, 2016, 09:27 AM
I think all our players will be sleeping this season. ;)

I am not saying he will be an all american, but Ryan Ross's bigger younger brother, Lawayne "The Train" Ross might be fun to watch. A 6' 250lb running back.

Gangtackle11
July 16th, 2016, 09:39 AM
I think Villanova has a legit AA candidate in 6'7" 285 lbs. DE Tanoh Kpassagnon.

Other possibilities would be OLB Austin Calitro & CB Malik Reeves. Both were All- CAA performers (Reeves 2nd team, Calitro 3rd team) last season.

SU DOG
July 16th, 2016, 12:31 PM
For Samford:

Offense - Emmanuel Obajimi a terrific WR. Most know about Karel Hamilton as he is already on some AA lists, but Obajimi is a RS-Sr. with all the tools necessary to have a great final year. Last year he had 54 receptions for 826 yards and 7 TDs. He is not unusually big at 6-0, 200, but he is really strong for a WR, with great hands, runs great routes, and gets so many yac. The last game (against Mercer) is a good illustration of what he can do. He showed his strength on several of his catches by breaking tackles. His 94 yard TD reception showed his tremendous speed.

Defense - James Bradberry is gone to the Carolina Panthers, but be forewarned about another CB that is set to have a break-out year. Jr. Omari Williams has good size at 6-1, 190, and this kid can FLY. He had 39 tackles last year in gaining experience as primarily a back up. He is very athletic, and I promise that Omari will be a problem for SoCon opponents this year.

Nodak78
July 18th, 2016, 07:57 AM
Elijah is on the team.