PDA

View Full Version : NDSU staying FCS.

WTFCollegefootballfan
June 25th, 2016, 05:51 PM
FARGO—Don't expect any announcements soon that North Dakota State's football team is moving up the NCAA Division I ladder.

"NDSU athletics is exactly where it ought to be," NDSU president Dean Bresciani said this week.

In a lengthy interview in his office that focused mostly on the university's budget and an expected 10 percent reduction in funding from the state, I also asked Bresciani whether NDSU had plans to move up soon to the Football Bowl Subdivision, a higher level than the current Football Championship Subdivision in which the Bison compete.

http://www.inforum.com/news/4061674-bresciani-says-ndsu-football-exactly-where-it-ought-be-second-tier

BisonFan02
June 25th, 2016, 06:18 PM
https://m.popkey.co/7449e8/VoWd1.gif
in other news...the sky is ****ing blue. xlolx

Hammersmith
June 25th, 2016, 07:10 PM
FARGO—Don't expect any announcements soon that North Dakota State's football team is moving up the NCAA Division I ladder.

"NDSU athletics is exactly where it ought to be," NDSU president Dean Bresciani said this week.

In a lengthy interview in his office that focused mostly on the university's budget and an expected 10 percent reduction in funding from the state, I also asked Bresciani whether NDSU had plans to move up soon to the Football Bowl Subdivision, a higher level than the current Football Championship Subdivision in which the Bison compete.

http://www.inforum.com/news/4061674-bresciani-says-ndsu-football-exactly-where-it-ought-be-second-tier

Quick version: NDSU will remain in the second level of DI football. For now that's FCS. If the P5 completely break off, the second level will be the G5+top FCS. No surprises here.

Bresciani Subtext: "Do you really think for a moment that we would destabilize the Summit by openly courting FBS conferences? Are you nuts? We'll be committed to FCS right up until the moment it makes sense for us to go FBS(aka, when we get an invite). BTW, my contract is up for renewal in a week and my political enemies claim I'm arrogant, egotistical and out of control. Saying that I want NDSU to stay FCS makes me look humble, and I can use that right now."

BisonFan02
June 25th, 2016, 08:21 PM
Quick version: NDSU will remain in the second level of DI football. For now that's FCS. If the P5 completely break off, the second level will be the G5+top FCS. No surprises here.

Bresciani Subtext: "Do you really think for a moment that we would destabilize the Summit by openly courting FBS conferences? Are you nuts? We'll be committed to FCS right up until the moment it makes sense for us to go FBS(aka, when we get an invite). BTW, my contract is up for renewal in a week and my political enemies claim I'm arrogant, egotistical and out of control. Saying that I want NDSU to stay FCS makes me look humble, and I can use that right now."

Nope....none....NDSU is staying FCS because they belong in FCS. end thread/ Everything else is just on a bunch of ****ing hypothetical bull**** that has been threatened to happen since what seems like the beginning of time. NDSU does not fit in an existing FBS conference anyway. Build up the Summit and keep expanding the trophy case.

WTFCollegefootballfan
June 25th, 2016, 08:29 PM
Nope....none....NDSU is staying FCS because they belong in FCS. end thread/ Everything else is just on a bunch of ****ing hypothetical bull**** that has been threatened to happen since what seems like the beginning of time. NDSU does not fit in an existing FBS conference anyway. Build up the Summit and keep expanding the trophy case.

^This.xthumbsupx

BisonFan02
June 25th, 2016, 08:31 PM
^This.xthumbsupx

Then WTF did you start the thread for? xlolx

WTFCollegefootballfan
June 25th, 2016, 08:40 PM
Then WTF did you start the thread for? xlolx

I thought it would piss off the "NDSU HAS TO MOVE UP" people.:D

BisonFan02
June 25th, 2016, 08:43 PM

www.bisonville.com

Enjoy.

Cocky
June 25th, 2016, 08:52 PM
A lot of the reasons NDSU is successful is because the institution understand who it is. A confident university not afraid of its identity is an easy sale.

WTFCollegefootballfan
June 25th, 2016, 09:03 PM
www.bisonville.com (http://www.bisonville.com)

Enjoy.
BV has been mostly positive comments. BV is where I saw this link.

BisonFan02
June 25th, 2016, 09:06 PM
BV has been mostly positive comments. BV is where I saw this link.

Oh, I haven't looked....it was more just steering you in the direction of the "move up at all cost" crowd by putting the link in my post. Maybe with it being the off-season keeps some of those guys off BV then?

Hammersmith
June 25th, 2016, 09:11 PM
Oh, I haven't looked....it was more just steering you in the direction of the "move up at all cost" crowd by putting the link in my post. Maybe with it being the off-season keeps some of those guys off BV then?

Actually, the move up at all costs group at BV is actually quite small. Maybe a half dozen posters. It's just that a couple of them are extremely vocal about it. The vast, vast majority of BV is rational and say FCS is our home unless the status quo is thoroughly shaken up.

BisonFan02
June 25th, 2016, 09:15 PM
Actually, the move up at all costs group at BV is actually quite small. Maybe a half dozen posters. It's just that a couple of them are extremely vocal about it. The vast, vast majority of BV is rational and say FCS is our home unless the status quo is thoroughly shaken up.

Its even smaller here....my point still stands and I have no idea why the same tired topic of FBS keeps coming up. xlolx

BisonFan02
June 25th, 2016, 09:24 PM
https://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/69072845.jpg

Hammersmith
June 25th, 2016, 09:33 PM
Its even smaller here....my point still stands and I have no idea why the same tired topic of FBS keeps coming up. xlolx

Off season. Also, we never know when that first domino might fall that starts everything off.

It's also that NDSU is a square peg in a landscape of round holes. We just don't fit anywhere. In regards to our mission, we're closer to a P5 school than anything else. In regards to our size, we're closer to a G5 school. In regards to geography, there's nothing close to us that truly fits. We're too small for the Big12 and Big10, but we're really too big for the Summit, MVFC and Big Sky. We need a G5 in our area, but there isn't one. We just don't fit anywhere and I don't see that changing anytime soon. Some of Bresciani's ideas to grow the school and improve its academics might change that, but the budget crisis we're facing will probably derail those plans. The instability of NDSU's position will continue to drive FBS talk.

Thumper 76
June 25th, 2016, 09:34 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160626/1e89c423c06af329903bc8b6bf2e0a46.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BisonFan02
June 25th, 2016, 09:38 PM
Off season. Also, we never know when that first domino might fall that starts everything off.

It's also that NDSU is a square peg in a landscape of round holes. We just don't fit anywhere. In regards to our mission, we're closer to a P5 school than anything else. In regards to our size, we're closer to a G5 school. In regards to geography, there's nothing close to us that truly fits. We're too small for the Big12 and Big10, but we're really too big for the Summit, MVFC and Big Sky. We need a G5 in our area, but there isn't one. We just don't fit anywhere and I don't see that changing anytime soon. Some of Bresciani's ideas to grow the school and improve its academics might change that, but the budget crisis we're facing will probably derail those plans. The instability of NDSU's position will continue to drive FBS talk.

http://i.imgur.com/MA5Zji7.gif

WTFCollegefootballfan
June 25th, 2016, 09:50 PM
Lakes isn't happy.:D

Hammersmith
June 25th, 2016, 10:06 PM
http://i.imgur.com/MA5Zji7.gif

True, that's what it's been so far, but remember that it was a couple other dominos that got NDSU to where it is today. If UNC and UC Davis hadn't decided to move to DI first, would NDSU have taken the plunge? If the Summit hadn't kicked out Chicago State and Valpo left on its own, would the Summit have been interested in NDSU? If WKU hadn't decided to move its football to the Sun Belt, would the MVFC been interested in NDSU? Dominos.

What about dominos that didn't fall. Texas rejecting the Pac10 offer was a stopped domino that prevented the creation of four 16-team conferences at the highest level. USD rejecting the Big Sky offer prevented the destruction of the Summit, the crippling of the MVFC, and the creation of a western FCS super-conference. Dominos.

Ignoring possible dominos in the future is just as shortsighted as believing every little event will be the domino that upsets the status quo. Is the Pac12 going to try again? Is the Big12 going to expand? Where is NMSU going to end up? What is Wichita State going to do? There are several pending events on the horizon that may or may not happen, and the repercussions of which may or may not trickle to NDSU and the FCS. They're worth talking about. Maybe not always the NDSU part here at AGS, but they're legitimate topics at BV.

Personally, I find the "lets never talk about FBS" people as silly as the "FBS at all costs" crew. While FBS for NDSU isn't likely today or in the next nine months, this is a landscape that is constantly changing.

Bisonoline
June 25th, 2016, 10:07 PM
Lakes isn't happy.:D

Snicker--snickerxhypedxxhurrayxxlmaox

WTFCollegefootballfan
June 25th, 2016, 10:13 PM
True, that's what it's been so far, but remember that it was a couple other dominos that got NDSU to where it is today. If UNC and UC Davis hadn't decided to move to DI first, would NDSU have taken the plunge? If the Summit hadn't kicked out Chicago State and Valpo left on its own, would the Summit have been interested in NDSU? If WKU hadn't decided to move its football to the Sun Belt, would the MVFC been interested in NDSU? Dominos.

What about dominos that didn't fall. Texas rejecting the Pac10 offer was a stopped domino that prevented the creation of four 16-team conferences at the highest level. USD rejecting the Big Sky offer prevented the destruction of the Summit, the crippling of the MVFC, and the creation of a western FCS super-conference. Dominos.

Ignoring possible dominos in the future is just as shortsighted as believing every little event will be the domino that upsets the status quo. Is the Pac12 going to try again? Is the Big12 going to expand? Where is NMSU going to end up? What is Wichita State going to do? There are several pending events on the horizon that may or may not happen, and the repercussions of which may or may not trickle to NDSU and the FCS. They're worth talking about. Maybe not always the NDSU part here at AGS, but they're legitimate topics at BV.

Personally, I find the "lets never talk about FBS" people as silly as the "FBS at all costs" crew. While FBS for NDSU isn't likely today or in the next nine months, this is a landscape that is constantly changing.

I look at it this way, I trust NDSU to do what is best for NDSU. I also believe NDSU has plans for the future, whatever that may be. If NDSU goes FBS fine, if NDSU stays FCS fine.

Bisonoline
June 25th, 2016, 11:18 PM
I look at it this way, I trust NDSU to do what is best for NDSU. I also believe NDSU has plans for the future, whatever that may be. If NDSU goes FBS fine, if NDSU stays FCS fine.

This is where Im at as well.

BisonTru
June 26th, 2016, 06:54 AM

Well written post. Pretty much my opinion on the subject as well.

dgtw
June 26th, 2016, 07:45 AM
It seems like geography plays a big part in staying FCS. The MAC might not want to add a geographic outlier to a bus league, though they have done that before and have served as a "pass through" league for schools who hang out for a while and then move on, such as Marshall and Central Florida.

The MWC is spread out, but they don't have room right now.

Of course, if the Big XII decides to expand, that sets the dominoes in motion.

Bison Fan in NW MN
June 26th, 2016, 07:51 AM

Moving up to the FBS will always be found on BV because the same guys keep rehashing it over and over in many threads.

If NDSU ever decides to move up, I would support it 100%.

dewey
June 26th, 2016, 08:59 AM

^^^This right here.

Dewey

Houndawg
June 26th, 2016, 09:00 AM
Better to be a big duck in a small pond and playing for an NC, small-time though it may be, than schlepping along with the rest of them hoping for a chance to play another 6-6 team in front of nobody in the SaniFlush Toilet Bowl.

TribeNomad1
June 26th, 2016, 09:09 AM
Better to be a big duck in a small pond and playing for an NC, small-time though it may be, than schlepping along with the rest of them hoping for a chance to play another 6-6 team in front of nobody in the SaniFlush Toilet Bowl.

Agreed. Too many think the move to FBS makes you "big time", or somehow more elevated than the remaining FCS members. I for one do not watch those snoozers that are on during the week from some low level FBS matchup. The cameramen have to adjust their cameras so as to not reveal the rows of empty seats. Like a older man told me when I moved to Richmond (when it was still mainly Old South) from another area, he said, son, "either you is or you aint".

The Eagle's Cliff
June 26th, 2016, 11:44 AM
NDSU would make a good addition to the MAC and be competitive immediately. At some point it just gets old moping through the regular season waiting for playoffs.
I agree geography is an issue as is small market, but NDSU has very little in common with most FCS schools.

centennial
June 26th, 2016, 12:10 PM
NDSU would make a good addition to the MAC and be competitive immediately. At some point it just gets old moping through the regular season waiting for playoffs.
I agree geography is an issue as is small market, but NDSU has very little in common with most FCS schools.

This is true. However, there is a lesson to take from Idaho football. We cannot be a geographic outlier in a conference. That is a recipe for disaster. The reason we do well with recruiting is because we play in the upper mid-west. If our games are in MW or MAC it makes it much harder to travel. The only answer for us is upper MVFC moves, takes either a few from eastern FCS conference or western FCS conference with it.

unknown3
June 26th, 2016, 12:41 PM
What other option is there at this point really? No FBS conferences are expanding right now unless the Big 12 does and they'll only pull from the AAC or MWC. I'd bet that tune would change if by any chance the PWC pitched an invite.

Twentysix
June 26th, 2016, 02:24 PM
What other option is there at this point really? No FBS conferences are expanding right now unless the Big 12 does and they'll only pull from the AAC or MWC. I'd bet that tune would change if by any chance the PWC pitched an invite.

The accounting firm?

Bisonoline
June 26th, 2016, 07:01 PM

The WAC could start up again. But thats another can of soup.

caribbeanhen
June 26th, 2016, 08:01 PM

No, they don't care much anymore, just like the rest of the country.... NDSU is clearly a FBS team and a pretty darn good one

McTailGator
June 26th, 2016, 09:53 PM
FCS is NOT the 2nd tier, nor is it the "Lower" level.

It is the "other" Subdivision of DI.

Don't let the clueless dumbasses of the FBS and media say we are anything less.

The Eagle's Cliff
June 28th, 2016, 06:19 AM
FCS is NOT the 2nd tier, nor is it the "Lower" level.

It is the "other" Subdivision of DI.

Don't let the clueless dumbasses of the FBS and media say we are anything less.

Outside the Top 10 teams in attendance, money, and wins - that's exactly what FCS is. FCS would be much better if there were attendance and scholarship minimums. Unfortunately, Basketball drives the reason many schools are in D1 when they have no business in D1 for other sports. The usual suspects at the top of FCS would get better with the extra scholarships, but the real question for each school is whether increased revenue and exposure would offset increased expenses. I'm not so sure travel from Fargo to MAC schools is much farther than MVC schools outside SDSU and NIU.

AmsterBison
June 28th, 2016, 07:21 AM

I'm trying to imagine when that would get old. One of the main things I like about the FCS is that your season goals are still in reach if you start 4-2. That wouldn't be the case in the MAC. Plus, it would suck to be second class in your own subdivision.

That said, I can completely understand Georgia Southern's move because it's not so much about the national scene as the regional scene. Georgia Southern is smack dab in the middle of FBS country. ON the other hand, NDSU has only FCS and Big 10 schools in the region. NDSU is never going to get invited into the Big 10 (or at least not in the foreseeable future.) Other than that, NDSU is pretty much king of the heap for many hundreds of miles in all directions. Until that changes, there isn't much of a rush. The best thing NDSU can do is just continue strengthening the athletic department and, more importantly, the university so that we're ready to move if the right opportunity comes along.

BEAR
June 28th, 2016, 08:16 AM
So like when the P5 and G5 break away from each other had NDSU moved up then that would have put FCS..well...at the d2 level so to speak? So NDSU wouldn't have gained much right? They would have to move up just to keep their standing as being in the second best level in the nation? xlolx

P5
B5
FCS
D2
D3

clenz
June 28th, 2016, 09:07 AM
So like when the P5 and G5 break away from each other had NDSU moved up then that would have put FCS..well...at the d2 level so to speak? So NDSU wouldn't have gained much right? They would have to move up just to keep their standing as being in the second best level in the nation? xlolx

P5
B5
FCS
D2
D3
Your point? You'll find nearly every FCS AD worth their salt has said they'll do whatever it takes to be on the second level when/if the shake happens.

A move to the G5 to split back to the FCS seems silly, unless that split happens and the FCS gets left behind.

BEAR
June 28th, 2016, 10:22 AM
Your point? You'll find nearly every FCS AD worth their salt has said they'll do whatever it takes to be on the second level when/if the shake happens.

A move to the G5 to split back to the FCS seems silly, unless that split happens and the FCS gets left behind.

Easy there. My point was simply is it worth the money to move to the next level if the next level is moving?

clenz
June 28th, 2016, 10:57 AM
Easy there. My point was simply is it worth the money to move to the next level if the next level is moving?

If getting into that next level gives you a 100% guarantee of staying second level during that next move? Absolutely.

The Eagle's Cliff
June 28th, 2016, 10:59 AM
I agree that NDSU, Montana and a few other schools have little to gain moving to FBS but are not really competing with "peer institutions" in FCS.

What we all know is that the P5,BCS,CFP or whatever you want to call them is a closed club where none of us will be invited. The Ivy and some Patriot and Pioneer schools have plenty of money so sports isn't a big priority unless Disabled Transgender Soccer catches on.

What do you Bison fans think max attendance would be with new facility? 25k? 30k? more?

ND has a small population but NDSU market reaches all the way to Nebraska and into neighboring Minnesota right? Could the Bison pass the Gophers in popularity?

F'N Hawks
June 28th, 2016, 11:45 AM
ND has a small population but NDSU market reaches all the way to Nebraska and into neighboring Minnesota right? Could the Bison pass the Gophers in popularity?

xpopcornx

POD Knows
June 28th, 2016, 12:05 PM
I agree that NDSU, Montana and a few other schools have little to gain moving to FBS but are not really competing with "peer institutions" in FCS.

What we all know is that the P5,BCS,CFP or whatever you want to call them is a closed club where none of us will be invited. The Ivy and some Patriot and Pioneer schools have plenty of money so sports isn't a big priority unless Disabled Transgender Soccer catches on.

What do you Bison fans think max attendance would be with new facility? 25k? 30k? more?

No, our recruiting foot print gets into Minnesota/Nebraska/Iowa and the like but our "brand" is and will be very minor in Nebraska or any of the other states where we recruit. I think we could pretty consistently draw in the mid-twenties for "sold" attendance but we sometimes do not fill up the dome now.

BisonFan02
June 28th, 2016, 12:11 PM
xpopcornx

I'd forget about you guys too if the name wasn't in the news all the time. xcoffeex xlolx

Thumper 76
June 28th, 2016, 12:18 PM

There are certainly bison fans in South Dakota, but to say they own the state is silly in terms of fans. There is a presence, but they certainly don't outnumber SDSU fans or even USD fans. Recruiting is a different story, but it will be interesting to see if/how much SDSU improves now that they aren't recruiting with facilities that were poor for DII.

andthehomeofthe-BIZON-
June 28th, 2016, 12:22 PM
Something else to think about in the moving up debate is historical rivalries. It's hard to sell playing MAC or MW teams because the fan base just doesn't care. Grads do care about SDSU, USD, UNI, and UND. Now people do get excited about Iowa or Minnesota. Big ten/12 or nothing without a major shift. Personally I think we could fill a 30k-35k stadium with regularity if we're winning like we have been.

BisonTru
June 28th, 2016, 12:29 PM

Like POD said we will never exceed the Gophers. Most people are fairly loyal to their state schools unless they attended NDSU. We do have a lot of alumni in MN, but the casual Minnesotan outside of the red river valley or alumni will most likely root for the Gophers.

We could probably average somewhere between 25K-30K given unlimited seats, but personally I'd rather see a packed 18K Fargodome than 25K in a 35K stadium. We do have a small market in the underpopulated ND, but we do very well in our market. NDSU football is on state wide NBC even our spring game which will bump the NHL playoff game going on at the same time. For any G5 conference, we have a fanbase that is adequate, IMO. We also have a football program that could compete. The big drain is geography, and that's a problem we can't do anything to change. I'm in the camp if we ever got the invite we should go, but without it, there is very little we can do.

centennial
June 28th, 2016, 12:29 PM
Something else to think about in the moving up debate is historical rivalries. It's hard to sell playing MAC or MW teams because the fan base just doesn't care. Grads do care about SDSU, USD, UNI, and UND. Now people do get excited about Iowa or Minnesota. Big ten/12 or nothing without a major shift. Personally I think we could fill a 30k-35k stadium with regularity if we're winning like we have been.

25k would be perfect, 30k would push it IMO. Fargo won't support anything bigger on a consistent basis, especially in down years.

BisonTru
June 28th, 2016, 12:36 PM
25k would be perfect, 30k would push it IMO. Fargo won't support anything bigger on a consistent basis, especially in down years.

Agreed on 25K as a realistic attendance. Another thing all sports attendance is battling is TV. With the camera angles, HD, big screen TVs, the best view of the game is usually your living room. A lot of new NDSU fans have struggled to ever find tickets to a game and usually either watch at home, at a gathering, or a bar. Will those fans start attending games if the seats become available?

BisonFan02
June 28th, 2016, 12:41 PM

Fargo wouldn't have supported anything bigger than 19k when the Fargodome was built either. I'm not jumping on this FBS bandwagon by any means, but if they were to build a new facility, it ****ing better have a much bigger stretch goal in size than the immediate need. Otherwise, they could end up with the same problem 15-20 years down the road again.

clenz
June 28th, 2016, 12:48 PM
Fargo wouldn't have supported anything bigger than 19k when the Fargodome was built either. I'm not jumping on this FBS bandwagon by any means, but if they were to build a new facility, it ****ing better have a much bigger stretch goal in size than the immediate need. Otherwise, they could end up with the same problem 15-20 years down the road again.
The general stadium rule I've always heard is build so that you're "max crowd" now is 80% of the stadium.

That would likely put NDSU in the 30-32K range for a stadium.

BisonFan02
June 28th, 2016, 12:50 PM
The general stadium rule I've always heard is build so that you're "max crowd" now is 80% of the stadium.

Fargo is kinda a weird beast with how fast the "metro" has been growing. I would still caution a bit higher...

Bisonator
June 28th, 2016, 12:53 PM

This. Same **** 20 years later. "NDSU isn't filling Dakota Field so we don't need a 22,000 seat dome.", "NDSU can't make the PO in D2 anymore, they will never make it in D1AA.", "NDSU can't fill the dome now, blah blah blah"xlolx

When they build the next facility it damn well better be expandable.

BisonFan02
June 28th, 2016, 12:59 PM
This. Same **** 20 years later. "NDSU isn't filling Dakota Field so we don't need a 22,000 seat dome.", "NDSU can't make the PO in D2 anymore, they will never make it in D1AA.", "NDSU can't fill the dome now, blah blah blah"xlolx

When they build the next facility it damn well better be expandable.

Gosh golly, I don't think we ever will....*insert stoic face*.......like I said, nothing new and not endorsing a FBS move, but the local attitude is a player with thinking ahead.

IBleedYellow
June 28th, 2016, 01:22 PM
The next facility better be able to hold 35k - that's still too small. However, it would be enough where tickets wouldn't be insane to get.

Yes - I honestly believe we could get that during the "good" years. During down years it would probably hover around 20k+. I was talking with the President of our Booster club/ticket sales. He told me right now he could sell 25k season tickets without batting an eyelid.

ursus arctos horribilis
June 28th, 2016, 01:28 PM

I think we've talked about this before but I don't buy into that at all. You should always, always not meet demand by a little bit if you ask me. Make people never want to walk away from their season tickets cuz waiting in a line with others to get an opportunity to buy season tickets is for suckers type of thing.

It was mentioned earlier by Tru but there is nothing worse than spare seating cuz it puts a program in a real tenuous position when it isn't winning...a lot.

ursus arctos horribilis
June 28th, 2016, 01:31 PM
The next facility better be able to hold 35k - that's still too small. However, it would be enough where tickets wouldn't be insane to get.

Yes - I honestly believe we could get that during the "good" years. During down years it would probably hover around 20k+. I was talking with the President of our Booster club/ticket sales. He told me right now he could sell 25k season tickets without batting an eyelid.

This is absolutely the wrong way and I am not sure about the numbers you are citing on a consistent basis although if you could reach them occasionally during this period it still doesn't help when fans can walk away easily. It was just prior to this run when you guys had 10-12K attendance so you can't act like that isn't a possibility too.

clenz
June 28th, 2016, 01:32 PM
I think we've talked about this before but I don't buy into that at all. You should always, always not meet demand by a little bit if you ask me. Make people never want to walk away from their season tickets cuz waiting in a line with others to get an opportunity to buy season tickets is for suckers type of thing.

It was mentioned earlier by Tru but there is nothing worse than spare seating cuz it puts a program in a real tenuous position when it isn't winning...a lot.
We have talked about it before and I'm not saying I disagree with either side.

I think the theory is if you've outgrown where you are you are adding 20% for growth.

To your point - the theory is that a new stadium will attract fans to fill any "left over seats" while it's still new. During those few years you better have a team that's winning to keep those fans coming back to keep it filled.

ursus arctos horribilis
June 28th, 2016, 01:36 PM
We have talked about it before and I'm not saying I disagree with either side.

I think the theory is if you've outgrown where you are you are adding 20% for growth.

To your point - the theory is that a new stadium will attract fans to fill any "left over seats" while it's still new. During those few years you better have a team that's winning to keep those fans coming back to keep it filled.

Agree fully. If you are starting out with a new stadium then I can see that but overbuilding would be tragic. If you plan, you are expandable and your waiting list can give you a clear indication of your next expansion...while still not meeting the demand fully.

POD Knows
June 28th, 2016, 02:09 PM
This is absolutely the wrong way and I am not sure about the numbers you are citing on a consistent basis although if you could reach them occasionally during this period it still doesn't help when fans can walk away easily. It was just prior to this run when you guys had 10-12K attendance so you can't act like that isn't a possibility too.

We are never going to lose again, didn't you get the memo.

AmsterBison
June 28th, 2016, 02:09 PM
Agree fully. If you are starting out with a new stadium then I can see that but overbuilding would be tragic. If you plan, you are expandable and your waiting list can give you a clear indication of your next expansion...while still not meeting the demand fully.

Yep. Always make it so demand exceeds supply. But build so you can expand.

IBleedYellow
June 28th, 2016, 02:10 PM

The numbers I'm citing have been given to me straight out of a person that is in the know mouth.

ursus arctos horribilis
June 28th, 2016, 02:11 PM
We are never going to lose again, didn't you get the memo.

At this point it might be a coin flip. xlolx

ursus arctos horribilis
June 28th, 2016, 02:22 PM
The numbers I'm citing have been given to me straight out of a person that is in the know's mouth.

Yes, I saw that a bunch with App State numbers as well. I made it clear that it is possible you would achieve that once in a while for big games but seeing it as your standard...sorry, not so sure on that one.

Seems pretty flexible that you could go from a solid average in a couple of down years of let's say 11k to a solid average five or six years later of 35k. But if it comes from someone in the know I'll take it as than but still pretty sure it is optimistic. Would love to maybe interview them and get more information on how they determine things like this cuz it is some good insight for fans to see if you feel like passing along the information?

I know you guys take a ton to MN and Friso etc. so not questioning the upper limit at all obviously.

BisonFan02
June 28th, 2016, 02:28 PM
Yes, I saw that a bunch with App State numbers as well. I made it clear that it is possible you would achieve that once in a while for big games but seeing it as your standard...sorry, not so sure on that one.

Seems pretty flexible that you could go from a solid average in a couple of down years of let's say 11k to a solid average five or six years later of 35k. But if it comes from someone in the know I'll take it as than but still pretty sure it is optimistic. Would love to maybe interview them and get more information on how they determine things like this cuz it is some good insight for fans to see if you feel like passing along the information?

I know you guys take a ton to MN and Friso etc. so not questioning the upper limit at all obviously.

I would normally argue the expandable route for a stadium, but that isn't a reality with NDSU. Dome or bust to get a full year's use out of it....and the cost would be outrageous......another reason why you have to get it right the first time considering the degree of difficulty if they needed to expand.

ursus arctos horribilis
June 28th, 2016, 02:51 PM
I would normally argue the expandable route for a stadium, but that isn't a reality with NDSU. Dome or bust to get a full year's use out of it....and the cost would be outrageous......another reason why you have to get it right the first time considering the degree of difficulty if they needed to expand.

If you have to have the dome, then yeah, pretty limited. Would hate to be in that position.

POD Knows
June 28th, 2016, 03:01 PM
If you have to have the dome, then yeah, pretty limited. Would hate to be in that position.

Yea, we don't live in the banana belt like Missoula plus we play a lot in December. xlolx Dome is required.

BisonFan02
June 28th, 2016, 03:06 PM

There's a few key considerations...

1) Want the help from Fargo itself? Needs to be a 4 season facility like the existing Fargodome...that means a roof....and a cost I don't even want to throw out a guess at.

2) IF....(really big ****ing IF)....NDSU were to go FBS in the current environment. You miss the postseason need for a gameday facility...an outdoor stadium would work OK since only used during the regular season...lessening the cost to NDSU. The Fargodome would lose a pretty major tenant...in a facility built on land owned by the university...

IBleedYellow
June 28th, 2016, 03:14 PM

I agree with you about the upper limit part - and now that I take that into consideration I'd still like to see a stadium around the 28k-32k range. Different situation here in Fargo where it WILL HAVE to be a Dome. Like BF02 stated earlier.

The Eagle's Cliff
June 28th, 2016, 03:16 PM
Definitely think an indoor stadium is appropriate to preserve the enormous home field advantage. Would think striking now while the iron is hot is a good strategy. Our admin missed opportunities in the 90's and early 2000's to move and expand. It got to where Eagle fans didn't show up until the 2nd round of the playoffs when you consider 8 trips to NC in 15 years. Then inertia set in when Middle Tenn, Troy, WKU moved to FBS and USF, UCF, FIU, FAU started their programs and cut into the recruiting.

These last two seasons have proven to me that the top of FCS belongs in G5 away from the wine and cheese schools sitting in big markets with big money with minimal commitment to football. NDSU and Montana have great tradition and would get the attention they deserve. I wonder if Delaware could revive it's proud tradition with a move. JMU's admin screwed up. Chattanooga would make a good addition to the SBC if they can grow donors, attendance, and add baseball.

ursus arctos horribilis
June 28th, 2016, 03:19 PM
Yea, we don't live in the banana belt like Missoula plus we play a lot in December. xlolx Dome is required.

Dome isn't required for those things. Hold up...you are the guy with the v6 & the 1500, never mind, I get it now.

Bison Fan in NW MN
June 28th, 2016, 03:26 PM
The numbers I'm citing have been given to me straight out of a person that is in the know mouth.

I agree with the 30K fan mark. Build it a little bigger for future growth.

IIRC, there were something like 1500 requests for over 5K season tickets last year that couldn't be filled.

I think right now 27-30K is easily attainable. I would get 3-4 more season tickets if I could. I know other season ticket holders that want more but they are capped.

IMO, any new stadium should be 30-35K and should be able to expand....like a 2nd tier.

BisonFan02
June 28th, 2016, 03:27 PM
I agree with the 30K fan mark. Build it a little bigger for future growth.

IIRC, there were something like 1500 requests for over 5K season tickets last year that couldn't be filled.

I think right now 27-30K is easily attainable. I would get 3-4 more season tickets if I could. I know other season ticket holders that want more but they are capped.

IMO, any new stadium should be 30-35K and should be able to expand....like a 2nd tier.

Yup....I'm grandfathered in as it is with 9.... xlolx

Bisonator
June 28th, 2016, 03:30 PM
Definitely think an indoor stadium is appropriate to preserve the enormous home field advantage. Would think striking now while the iron is hot is a good strategy. Our admin missed opportunities in the 90's and early 2000's to move and expand. It got to where Eagle fans didn't show up until the 2nd round of the playoffs when you consider 8 trips to NC in 15 years. Then inertia set in when Middle Tenn, Troy, WKU moved to FBS and USF, UCF, FIU, FAU started their programs and cut into the recruiting.

These last two seasons have proven to me that the top of FCS belongs in G5 away from the wine and cheese schools sitting in big markets with big money with minimal commitment to football. NDSU and Montana have great tradition and would get the attention they deserve. I wonder if Delaware could revive it's proud tradition with a move. JMU's admin screwed up. Chattanooga would make a good addition to the SBC if they can grow donors, attendance, and add baseball.
Problem is we are getting more attention right now then we ever would in a G5 conference. How many times will GS be on ESPN/ESPN2 this season? NDSU will be on at least twice in the first month of the season.

ursus arctos horribilis
June 28th, 2016, 03:32 PM
I agree with you about the upper limit part - and now that I take that into consideration I'd still like to see a stadium around the 28k-32k range. Different situation here in Fargo where it WILL HAVE to be a Dome. Like BF02 stated earlier.

I guess if it has to be linked to the city and has to be a dome that is one thing and as I stated earlier I'm glad we have "our own" thing or whatever you would call it with the on campus stadium.

Weather considerations are not very different in December with the average temps in Fargo (27) vs. Missoula (31) though as a factor if NDSU were to consider a stadium of it's own but that apparently isn't a possibility. It's too bad, it would be really cool to see something like SDSU is doing in Fargo cuz I know it would be a little bit grander as well.;)

Catbooster
June 28th, 2016, 03:35 PM

No need to worry about the cold - Global Warming to the rescue xthumbsupx

POD Knows
June 28th, 2016, 03:38 PM
Dome isn't required for those things. Hold up...you are the guy with the v6 & the 1500, never mind, I get it now.

:D I got my girl shirt on!! There was a couple games in Fargo these past couple Decembers where it would have been very tough to be outside and I have lived up here all my life and kind of like the cold. We set up for tailgating once and it was -27 with some breeze. That is pretty stiff. I was with a guy once back in the old days at the outdoor field, this guy got really hammered, passed out, pissed his pants and froze to the seat. Classic.

Catbooster
June 28th, 2016, 03:44 PM
I guess if it has to be linked to the city and has to be a dome that is one thing and as I stated earlier I'm glad we have "our own" thing or whatever you would call it with the on campus stadium.

Weather considerations are not very different in December with the average temps in Fargo (27) vs. Missoula (31) though as a factor if NDSU were to consider a stadium of it's own but that apparently isn't a possibility. It's too bac, it would be really cool to see something like SDSU is doing in Fargo cuz I know it would be a little bit grander as well.;)

The really cold days keep a few fans away, but I prefer the outdoor stadium. Of course it helps that Cat/Griz is generally the coldest day of the regular season. No problem selling that one out in either city. I haven't looked it up, but I suspect Bozeman's ave temps are closer to Fargo's than Missoula's.

It does make sense that you can use the dome in the winter for other event, but I wonder how much more you pay for the dome. It seems you could keep the FargoDome rather than demolishing it to build on the same footprint.

ursus arctos horribilis
June 28th, 2016, 03:46 PM
:D I got my girl shirt on!! There was a couple games in Fargo these past couple Decembers where it would have been very tough to be outside and I have lived up here all my life and kind of like the cold. We set up for tailgating once and it was -27 with some breeze. That is pretty stiff. I was with a guy once back in the old days at the outdoor field, this guy got really hammered, passed out, pissed his pants and froze to the seat. Classic.

We had SFA and GSU in Missoula for a couple games where it was edging down in that range. I think the SFA game it was close to -15 or 20 but the GSU was downright balmy at around 0 I think it was. Can't remember for sure and not gonna look it up but **** it can definitely make you piss your pants and freeze to your seat...when you use beer to cool down, and also to warm up, things like this are bound to happen.

xlolx

ursus arctos horribilis
June 28th, 2016, 03:49 PM
The really cold days keep a few fans away, but I prefer the outdoor stadium. Of course it helps that Cat/Griz is generally the coldest day of the regular season. No problem selling that one out in either city. I haven't looked it up, but I suspect Bozeman's ave temps are closer to Fargo's than Missoula's.

It does make sense that you can use the dome in the winter for other event, but I wonder how much more you pay for the dome. It seems you could keep the FargoDome rather than demolishing it to build on the same footprint.

I am with you on Bozeman probably being right at what Fargo is. It seems like it is always colder for the games there.

POD Knows
June 28th, 2016, 03:50 PM
We had SFA and GSU in Missoula for a couple games where it was edging down in that range. I think the SFA game it was close to -15 or 20 but the GSU was downright balmy at around 0 I think it was. Can't remember for sure and not gonna look it up but **** it can definitely make you piss your pants and freeze to your seat...when you use beer to cool down, and also to warm up, things like this are bound to happen.

xlolx

**** man, 0 is a heat wave, I would be outside all day long at that temp. Put my base wear on, some tequila and food and I would be good to go.

IBleedYellow
June 28th, 2016, 03:56 PM
We've been doing well getting recruits from Florida.

I highly doubt we get them without the 'Dome.

ursus arctos horribilis
June 28th, 2016, 03:59 PM
We've been doing well getting recruits from Florida.

I highly doubt we get them without the 'Dome.

I guess those are a lot different that the CA fellas then? I don't think they are going there because of the dome IBY.

ursus arctos horribilis
June 28th, 2016, 04:01 PM
**** man, 0 is a heat wave, I would be outside all day long at that temp. Put my base wear on, some tequila and food and I would be good to go.

Samo, except not tequila for the most part.

BisonFan02
June 28th, 2016, 04:05 PM
It isn't even just the air temp...its the wind, visibility, and snow/"snirt"/whatever nightmare you want to throw out there....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOXkT107x2E

Kids would say home....I'm still there. xthumbsupx

ursus arctos horribilis
June 28th, 2016, 04:10 PM
It is why you know the term "Hellgate wind" not living in Missoula. It can be a bitch, for sure.

IBleedYellow
June 28th, 2016, 04:16 PM
I guess those are a lot different that the CA fellas then? I don't think they are going there because of the dome IBY.

Dome isn't hurting - thats all I'm saying.

Bisonoline
June 28th, 2016, 04:56 PM
It isn't even just the air temp...its the wind, visibility, and snow/"snirt"/whatever nightmare you want to throw out there....

Snow? Yep no problem.. Night game, 0-10 degrees with 15-25 mph winds. Think GSU playoff game. Dont think I would make it. Especially after 4 hours of tailgate? Ha.

No_Skill
June 28th, 2016, 05:56 PM

Weather considerations are not very different in December with the average temps in Fargo (27) vs. Missoula (31) though as a factor if NDSU were to consider a stadium of it's own but that apparently isn't a possibility. It's too bad, it would be really cool to see something like SDSU is doing in Fargo cuz I know it would be a little bit grander as well.;)

Did you happen to check the average wind speed?

ursus arctos horribilis
June 28th, 2016, 06:33 PM
Did you happen to check the average wind speed?

I did not check the ol' excuse o' meter for that one on first look but this is what it said after looking it up.

Wind

The highest average wind speed of 5 mph for Missoula.

The highest average wind speed of 11 mph for Fargo.

You mix those with the average temps it's a major sway.

No_Skill
June 28th, 2016, 09:24 PM
Yeah...I think we'll keep our nice cozy roof. I prefer comfort in my old age. In fact, they should remove half of the seats and install recliners.

Hammerhead
June 28th, 2016, 09:39 PM
I was at that game. We were still in high school and my friend's dad just gave us a look like we were crazy, then tossed my friend the keys and said: "Better take the Suburban." since he normally just got to drive the Chevy Citation. :)

ursus arctos horribilis
June 28th, 2016, 11:58 PM
Yeah...I think we'll keep our nice cozy roof. I prefer comfort in my old age. In fact, they should remove half of the seats and install recliners.

xlolx

Go all in my man. Sounds nice and comfy.xthumbsupx

ST_Lawson
June 29th, 2016, 09:34 AM

That could be another argument for a larger domed stadium....more/nicer suites (I don't know the current Fargodome suite situation...maybe it's already great).
Load up a suite with a bunch of recliners for ya.

TheKingpin28
June 29th, 2016, 12:28 PM
That could be another argument for a larger domed stadium....more/nicer suites (I don't know the current Fargodome suite situation...maybe it's already great).
Load up a suite with a bunch of recliners for ya.

Fargodome suites were like old SDSU stadium, I'll let you use your imagination

BisonBacker
June 29th, 2016, 12:41 PM
Those who like to say "I'll keep the outdoor stadium" Or "we play it outdoors the way it was meant to be played" all I have to say is I'd rather the game be decided on the field by the players who are able to play it at 100% thanks to the dome vs. having the snow, wind, rain ect factor in. Typically the better teams and their advantages are nullified by the elements and that alone is a huge advantage to an average team. Yeah they both have to play in the same weather but I'd rather see both teams at 100% with no excuses and let the best team win. Makes sense there are some folks that would like to see NDSU outdoors.

Thumper 76
June 29th, 2016, 01:07 PM
Those who like to say "I'll keep the outdoor stadium" Or "we play it outdoors the way it was meant to be played" all I have to say is I'd rather the game be decided on the field by the players who are able to play it at 100% thanks to the dome vs. having the snow, wind, rain ect factor in. Typically the better teams and their advantages are nullified by the elements and that alone is a huge advantage to an average team. Yeah they both have to play in the same weather but I'd rather see both teams at 100% with no excuses and let the best team win. Makes sense there are some folks that would like to see NDSU outdoors.

Which could just as easily be nullified the other way due to the dome keeping all the noise in and piped in music. It's called home field advantage for a reason. I've seen games at SDSU where the cold completely took the opposition out of the game mentally, similar to how that happens to some teams first game in the Fargodome. I prefer outdoor stadiums for a lot of reasons, but I can see why others enjoy a dome as well.

BisonTru
June 29th, 2016, 01:15 PM
piped in music.

https://m.popkey.co/1c786e/kvKXd.gif

IBleedYellow
June 29th, 2016, 01:16 PM
Which could just as easily be nullified the other way due to the dome keeping all the noise in and piped in music. It's called home field advantage for a reason. I've seen games at SDSU where the cold completely took the opposition out of the game mentally, similar to how that happens to some teams first game in the Fargodome. I prefer outdoor stadiums for a lot of reasons, but I can see why others enjoy a dome as well.

I have a perfect example. SDSU's first ever home FCS playoff game. It was against EIU. It was around 0 with wind when kickoff started.

It was COLD. When EIU showed up, I don't think they wanted to even play the game (their players looked that way). SDSU ROLLED THEM. Wasn't even a game. Dad and I traveled down there to sit in the cold - but it was fun still (wore NDSU gear and got some heckling, great time!).

Then you can have Coastal Carolina beating Montana in the playoffs in the same type of conditions.

Thumper 76
June 29th, 2016, 01:18 PM
I have a perfect example. SDSU's first ever home FCS playoff game. It was against EIU. It was around 0 with wind when kickoff started.

It was COLD. When EIU showed up, I don't think they wanted to even play the game (their players looked that way). SDSU ROLLED THEM. Wasn't even a game. Dad and I traveled down there to sit in the cold - but it was fun still.

Then you can have Coastal Carolina beating Montana in the playoffs in the same type of conditions.

Those crowds tend to be the rowdiest it seems, I can also think of a ISUR game where that happened.

POD Knows
June 29th, 2016, 01:21 PM

We crank up the end zone fans/blowers so the visiting team is always bucking stiff headwinds.

IBleedYellow
June 29th, 2016, 01:23 PM
We crank up the end zone fans/blowers so the visiting team is always bucking stiff headwinds.

Don't forget the firecrackers going off! AND THE WHISTLES DURING THE PLAYOFFS!

POD Knows
June 29th, 2016, 01:59 PM
Don't forget the firecrackers going off! AND THE WHISTLES DURING THE PLAYOFFS!

Whistlegate, remember it well.

ursus arctos horribilis
June 29th, 2016, 02:03 PM
Whistlegate, remember it well.

There was a similar cowbell incident that many of the NDSU fans made a pretty big deal out of during the EWU game...people get all puffed over some really stupid crap.

Grizalltheway
June 29th, 2016, 02:38 PM

Pardon my French, but I'd drag my pecker through a mile of broken glass just to get a whiff of that.

- - - Updated - - -

Well done, you managed to turn this into a "you're all just jealous of our success" thing. xlolx

ursus arctos horribilis
June 29th, 2016, 02:45 PM
Pardon my French, but I'd drag my pecker through a mile of broken glass just to get a whiff of that.

- - - Updated - - -

Well done, you managed to turn this into a "you're all just jealous of our success" thing. xlolx

The Bison team and program are tough as hell. The fans, well a lot of them are not so into all this outdoorsy living outside of the room temperature type thing. It's a very old fan base so I can see where they are coming from. The next dome they are gonna build is gonna be in Florida from what I hear.

Grizalltheway
June 29th, 2016, 02:56 PM
The Bison team and program are tough as hell. The fans, well a lot of them are not so into all this outdoorsy living outside of the room temperature type thing. It's a very old fan base so I can see where they are coming from. The next dome they are gonna build is gonna be in Florida from what I hear.

I honestly don't care in what type of venue they play their games, if anything I feel sorry for them that they don't get to enjoy glorious fall afternoons outside like us and most other college teams. I just find the angle he took kind of funny and reeking of unjustified insecurity.

ursus arctos horribilis
June 29th, 2016, 02:58 PM
I honestly don't care in what type of venue they play their games, if anything I feel sorry for them that they don't get to enjoy glorious fall afternoons outside like us and most other college teams. I just find the angle he took kind of funny and reeking of unjustified insecurity.

Why do you say unjustified?

ursus arctos horribilis
June 29th, 2016, 02:59 PM
Man, fishing is getting tougher around here btw. xlolx

Bison Fan in NW MN
June 29th, 2016, 03:02 PM

- - - Updated - - -

Jennifer Lawrence is barely a 2 or 3 on her best day.....

BisonTru
June 29th, 2016, 03:04 PM

Not that you've been playing December home games recently, but you guys do get to run out at halftime and warm up with some hot damn. We can't have that because we're all drunks and stuff. xrolleyesx Much better atmosphere in the second half with a hung over crowd. xrolleyesx

Grizalltheway
June 29th, 2016, 03:08 PM

http://replygif.net/i/333.gif

BisonBacker
June 29th, 2016, 03:09 PM

- - - Updated - - -

If the shoe fits xlolx

BisonFan02
June 29th, 2016, 03:09 PM

**** you and the horse you rode in on you sum bitch. xlolx

Bisonoline
June 29th, 2016, 03:13 PM
There was a similar cowbell incident that many of the NDSU fans made a pretty big deal out of during the EWU game...people get all puffed over some really stupid crap.

That was the first year of playoffs for us. The NCAA told us the rules---no this --no that etc etc. We didnt even let the announcer at the Dome do the---everyone up for the kick off and iiiiiits annnooooother bison first down. No Artificial noise makers. We followed the rules by the book. Then we go to EWU and they obviously never heard of those rules. They had cow bells etc etc. Played music right up to the snap count etc etc.
Thats why there was a lot of angst.

POD Knows
June 29th, 2016, 03:22 PM
That was the first year of playoffs for us. The NCAA told us the rules---no this --no that etc etc. We didnt even let the announcer at the Dome do the---everyone up for the kick off and iiiiiits annnooooother bison first down. No Artificial noise makers. We followed the rules by the book. Then we go to EWU and they obviously never heard of those rules. They had cow bells etc etc. Played music right up to the snap count etc etc.

Plus the end of game ****ing we got.

ursus arctos horribilis
June 29th, 2016, 03:23 PM
Not that you've been playing December home games recently, but you guys do get to run out at halftime and warm up with some hot damn. We can't have that because we're all drunks and stuff. xrolleyesx Much better atmosphere in the second half with a hung over crowd. xrolleyesx

Feeds into the point I was making...you don't allow a school to put those sorts of restrictions on you. I was there, your fans can handle the liquor and being treated like children at a middle high school campus "You can't leave for lunch!" shouldn't be tolerated...so we don't. I do appreciate a beer freezing as you try to drink it though.:)

More of a straight Whiskey type for some quick warm up than a Hod Damn but I ain't gonna turn it away I suppose.

ursus arctos horribilis
June 29th, 2016, 03:34 PM
Plus the end of game ****ing we got.

No doubt. An EWU D stuffing you like that was a true ****ing that no one would have expected.

BisonTru
June 29th, 2016, 03:34 PM
Feeds into the point I was making...you don't allow a school to put those sorts of restrictions on you. I was there, your fans can handle the liquor and being treated like children at a middle high school campus "You can't leave for lunch!" shouldn't be tolerated...so we don't. I do appreciate a beer freezing as you try to drink it though.:)

More of a straight Whiskey type for some quick warm up than a Hod Damn but I ain't gonna turn it away I suppose.

We did get some momentum to possibly get the green light to sell beer, but as much of a booze town as Fargo is, there is a very vocal minority of booze haters. Maybe someday. It's mind boggling dumb, IMO, that you would piss that revenue stream away. And to top it off multiple schools have started selling alcohol and they had less alcohol issues after the changes.

ursus arctos horribilis
June 29th, 2016, 03:36 PM
**** you and the horse you rode in on you sum bitch. xlolx

Appreciate it but this feels hollow.

ursus arctos horribilis
June 29th, 2016, 03:39 PM
We did get some momentum to possibly get the green light to sell beer, but as much of a booze town as Fargo is, there is a very vocal minority of booze haters. Maybe someday. It's mind boggling dumb, IMO, that you would piss that revenue stream away. And to top it off multiple schools have started selling alcohol and they had less alcohol issues after the changes.xthumbsupx

Grizalltheway
June 29th, 2016, 03:41 PM
If the shoe fits xlolx

Just think you're selling your team short by saying they wouldn't be as successful playing outside.

UNHWildcat18
June 29th, 2016, 04:29 PM

Her acting is a -5/10

BisonFan02
June 29th, 2016, 04:48 PM
Appreciate it but this feels hollow.

So does smack towards NDSU from a fan of the once great Montana. :D

ursus arctos horribilis
June 29th, 2016, 05:01 PM
So does smack towards NDSU from a fan of the once great Montana. :D

You having trouble seeing that the fans aren't the team as well huh? You are not the team. Domer.

Bison Fan in NW MN
June 29th, 2016, 05:01 PM
http://replygif.net/i/333.gif

Rosie O'Donnell must be an 11 in your world....

Grizalltheway
June 29th, 2016, 05:19 PM
Rosie O'Donnell must be an 11 in your world....

I'd sure love to meet the gals you run with if you honestly think this is a 2.xlolx

http://celebto.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/Jennifer-Lawrence-hot.jpg

I mean you can say she's overrated or whatever if you want, but let's not be silly here.

Catbooster
June 29th, 2016, 05:30 PM
I'd sure love to meet the gals you run with if you honestly think this is a 2.xlolx

I mean you can say she's overrated or whatever if you want, but let's not be silly here.
Apparently he thinks Rosie O'Donnell is better looking than her, so...xeyebrowx

Hammersmith
June 29th, 2016, 05:59 PM

Small correction. I don't believe we contacted the NCAA before the Robert Morris game. I think it all came from reading the FCS Championship Handbook. After the EWU game, I heard the NDSU staff asked the NCAA and the reply was to the effect of: "you earned the right to a home game, treat it like a home game."

NDSU had just finished the DI transition a couple years before, and the staff was still in the mode of treating NCAA documents like they were gospel. We didn't have enough experience to know which documents have to followed to the letter and which can be safely ignored.

ursus arctos horribilis
June 29th, 2016, 06:22 PM
Small correction. I don't believe we contacted the NCAA before the Robert Morris game. I think it all came from reading the FCS Championship Handbook. After the EWU game, I heard the NDSU staff asked the NCAA and the reply was to the effect of: "you earned the right to a home game, treat it like a home game."

NDSU had just finished the DI transition a couple years before, and the staff was still in the mode of treating NCAA documents like they were gospel. We didn't have enough experience to know which documents have to followed to the letter and which can be safely ignored.

They were much more stringent on that stuff until the late 90's cuz UM could not do most of it's normal gameday stuff during the playoffs. There was probably some behind the scenes loosening of those rules around the early 2000's I remember things getting a little more normal because the UM fans did do all the stuff that the school as a host couldn't do anyway...well, except for the cannon.

Whatever the reason was, they completely relaxed it.

Bison Fan in NW MN
June 29th, 2016, 07:46 PM

If you really think she is a 10 then turn in your man card.

My wife blows her away.

Catbooster
June 29th, 2016, 08:36 PM
This is a minor annoyance to me each year. When we have hosted games the athletic department basically sticks to those rules - you would be able to tell who is hosting but the PA announcer is relatively subdued, etc. But then I see that quite a few other schools don't pay attention to them. I don't have a problem with the rules to make the venue a little less home/visitor (and the crowd is generally fired up to where a smaller crowd on Thanksgiving is louder than a bigger game earlier in the season), but they should either drop the rules or enforce them.

SUPharmacist
June 29th, 2016, 09:38 PM

My wife blows her away.

If anyone should turn in their man card, it is the one claiming 2. To each their own, but come on even if your wife is off the charts that doesn't downgrade everyone else. Although I have always used binary ratings myself.

centennial
June 29th, 2016, 09:59 PM

My wife blows her away.

Where are the pictures then? I am not a fan of Jennifer, but 2? Your wife must be Miss America.

No_Skill
June 29th, 2016, 10:00 PM

My wife blows her away.

I guess there's really only one way to settle this...

BisonFan02
June 29th, 2016, 10:44 PM
I guess there's really only one way to settle this...

http://www.sharegif.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/yeah-baby-gif-joey-friends.gif

To the champagne room! :D

Thumper 76
June 29th, 2016, 10:50 PM

I dunno was pretty easy for me. Gotta use the right bait.

TheKingpin28
June 29th, 2016, 11:10 PM
Most women get hotter as the bottle continues to drain. That is not a rag on any woman at all, it is just one of the, for better or for worse, side affects of drinking alcohol.

However

Some were just beaten with the ugly stick and came back for seconds and/or they were found at a Walmart.

BisonFan02
June 30th, 2016, 08:37 AM
I dunno was pretty easy for me. Gotta use the right bait.

Meh, not too worried about getting hooked by you guys. Like the Jackrabbits, you guys can't seal the deal and get the fish in the boat. xthumbsupx :D

Grizalltheway
June 30th, 2016, 09:11 AM
Where are the pictures then? I am not a fan of Jennifer, but 2? Your wife must be Miss America.

And if an uggo who can't act like her can make millions in Hollywood, I'm wondering why his wife hasn't?

???

Thumper 76
June 30th, 2016, 09:26 AM
Meh, not too worried about getting hooked by you guys. Like the Jackrabbits, you guys can't seal the deal and get the fish in the boat. xthumbsupx :D

I practice catch and release xlolx

IBleedYellow
June 30th, 2016, 10:41 AM
I practice catch and release xlolx

Gotta get them to the boat for true "catch" and release, though.

Bison Fan in NW MN
June 30th, 2016, 03:56 PM
And if an uggo who can't act like her can make millions in Hollywood, I'm wondering why his wife hasn't?

???

I could care less if she makes millions in Hollywood, she is still a 2.

As for my wife, she's college educated with a degree and does the books for our business.....just the education part ranks her above some crappy actress.

Grizalltheway
June 30th, 2016, 04:48 PM

As for my wife, she's college educated with a degree and does the books for our business.....just the education part ranks her above some crappy actress.

If I need to hand in my man card, you need to hand in you sanity card...that is if you ever had one to begin with. xthumbsupx

Bison Fan in NW MN
July 2nd, 2016, 07:30 AM
If I need to hand in my man card, you need to hand in you sanity card...that is if you ever had one to begin with. xthumbsupx

Go with that pal!

WTFCollegefootballfan
July 2nd, 2016, 10:43 AM
The North Dakota State Board of Higher Education would never let NDSU go FBS. What they are doing to NDSU President Bresciani is almost criminal.

Twentysix
July 2nd, 2016, 11:52 PM
The North Dakota State Board of Higher Education would never let NDSU go FBS. What they are doing to NDSU President Bresciani is almost criminal.

hopefully this becomes a scandal and they are dissolved

Hammersmith
July 3rd, 2016, 12:20 AM
hopefully this becomes a scandal and they are dissolved

That would be worse. It's not the board system that's the problem, it's the people. Elements of the political leadership are attempting to hijack the board. Dissolving the board would just allow them to create a new system even more under their control. It's what they tried to do last session. It's the political leadership that needs to be gutted and replaced. There are indications we're approaching that long overdue tipping point. I just hope they're blind and arrogant enough to keep fighting. If they do, they'll be gone in just over two years.

344Johnson
July 3rd, 2016, 08:40 AM

I believe many of our film stars are college educated. Some with artsy degrees, some with regular ones.

A 2/10 implies you think about 80%(or more depending on how you set it up) of women are more attractive than her. That is beyond absurd.

I'm with you sir. One could easily say, "I think Jennifer Lawrence is overrated." One cannot say "She's a 2/10."

Bison Fan in NW MN
July 3rd, 2016, 11:49 AM
I believe many of our film stars are college educated. Some with artsy degrees, some with regular ones.

A 2/10 implies you think about 80%(or more depending on how you set it up) of women are more attractive than her. That is beyond absurd.

I'm with you sir. One could easily say, "I think Jennifer Lawrence is overrated." One cannot say "She's a 2/10."

Eye of the beholder pal.

Catbooster
July 3rd, 2016, 11:51 AM

I'm willing to cut him some slack - I'm assuming his wife came in while he was typing and he was trying to avoid the doghouse.

Bison Fan in NW MN
July 3rd, 2016, 11:54 AM
I'm willing to cut him some slack - I'm assuming his wife came in while he was typing and he was trying to avoid the doghouse.

Legit guess but no....xlolx

It's all opinion and in mine, she is a 2 or 3 like I have said before. If guys on here think she is a 10 then good for them.

Twentysix
July 3rd, 2016, 02:56 PM
That would be worse. It's not the board system that's the problem, it's the people. Elements of the political leadership are attempting to hijack the board. Dissolving the board would just allow them to create a new system even more under their control. It's what they tried to do last session. It's the political leadership that needs to be gutted and replaced. There are indications we're approaching that long overdue tipping point. I just hope they're blind and arrogant enough to keep fighting. If they do, they'll be gone in just over two years.

They will be gone and replaced with more UND cronies.

Hammersmith
July 3rd, 2016, 04:51 PM
They will be gone and replaced with more UND cronies.

I don't mean the SBHE members will be gone, I mean the whole party leadership.

smallcollegefbfan
July 4th, 2016, 05:31 PM

NDSU does not belong in FCS. They belong in FBS. Give them 22 more scholarships and a FBS conference behind their name so they can sway even more players from Big Ten or MAC schools and they become a formidable team.

Look at what App and Ga Southern are doing in the Sun Belt and there is no reason to believe that NDSU could not do it. Many FCS teams moving up have struggled but they seeing teams like App, GSU, Marshall, and Troy who have had solid success will make any team dominant, with a good fan base, and money reason to move up. From what I hear money is the one reason NDSU might not move up.

NDSU could do even better in recruiting than Marshall, App State or Georgia Southern since there is nobody close to them who could really compete with them in recruiting outside of Iowa, Michigan, or Michigan State. Those schools are a good bit away from them anyway. The Bison will do very well in FBS, depending on the league and if they keep doing the things that got them to this point such as recruit walk-ons well, go get the under the radar guys, and beat the big boys out on a few guys a year. You could argue that this past year NDSU was a top 60 team, including FBS. They probably would have been 3rd in the Sun Belt, 3rd in the MAC, and middle of the road in the Big Ten or AAC, and that is with 63 players and nobody recruited with a FBS pitch over others.

The issue like someone else said is which league would NDSU be in? Big Ten is too much of a jump and the MAC would be the only other possible league that makes sense. The best thing would be to see some of the Mountain West, Sun Belt, break off and form a new league to extend invites to Montana, Montana State, NDSU, and maybe 1 more FCS school to move up.

In the meantime, it is fun watching them dominate FCS though.

Bisonator
July 4th, 2016, 07:41 PM
NDSU does not belong in FCS. They belong in FBS. Give them 22 more scholarships and a FBS conference behind their name so they can sway even more players from Big Ten or MAC schools and they become a formidable team.

Look at what App and Ga Southern are doing in the Sun Belt and there is no reason to believe that NDSU could not do it. Many FCS teams moving up have struggled but they seeing teams like App, GSU, Marshall, and Troy who have had solid success will make any team dominant, with a good fan base, and money reason to move up. From what I hear money is the one reason NDSU might not move up.

NDSU could do even better in recruiting than Marshall, App State or Georgia Southern since there is nobody close to them who could really compete with them in recruiting outside of Iowa, Michigan, or Michigan State. Those schools are a good bit away from them anyway. The Bison will do very well in FBS, depending on the league and if they keep doing the things that got them to this point such as recruit walk-ons well, go get the under the radar guys, and beat the big boys out on a few guys a year. You could argue that this past year NDSU was a top 60 team, including FBS. They probably would have been 3rd in the Sun Belt, 3rd in the MAC, and middle of the road in the Big Ten or AAC, and that is with 63 players and nobody recruited with a FBS pitch over others.

The issue like someone else said is which league would NDSU be in? Big Ten is too much of a jump and the MAC would be the only other possible league that makes sense. The best thing would be to see some of the Mountain West, Sun Belt, break off and form a new league to extend invites to Montana, Montana State, NDSU, and maybe 1 more FCS school to move up.

I agree with much of your post. IMO the only thing keeping NDSU from moving up now are a stadium and conference. I don't see those changing anytime soon either. The Fargo Dome would be OK for a few years but they'd need something bigger at some point and I don't see Fargo going along with that for a while yet. There is no way NDSU joins a Sunbelt just to be FBS that would be a disaster. Need a regional conference and there just isn't any. I don't even think the MAC or MWC would be a good option. Best option would be a new FBS conference with the top MVFC and BSC schools but it's a pipe dream at the moment.

BisonFan02
July 4th, 2016, 10:19 PM

I'll try in order of bold:

1) A move from the MVFC to the MAC doesn't change much of the recruiting...The G5 schools NDSU is recruiting against have been losing battles to the Bison already (sucks to be Bohl and Wyoming) and a move to the G5 isn't going to sway BCS recruits....the Bison already get their pick locally after the B1G schools.

2) Of course money is a reason....amongst a ton of others. (Geography and stadium anyone?)

3) The Bison, as is, wins the Sunbelt and definitely the MAC. I would have them towards the top of the pile in the MWC too. See previous comment about recruiting players with a "FBS pitch". Now starting QB Easton Stick had numerous FBS offers including Rutgers.

4) Geography is a bitch if the target is a G5 conference. Convo already over.

5) Well....if we are forming a new league.......

"WACk" FBS league (Whatever Athletic Conference "k")

"East"

NDSU
SDSU
UND
USD (just placing more "flagship"/land grant to pull SDSU)...pick any other MVFC schools
UNI or insert 2 teams here (MAC robbery or more likely some IL MVFC schools)......

"West"

Montana
Montana St.
Wyoming
Idaho
insert 2 more teams here (some MWC members or more BSC jumpers).....

12 team conference with a conference championship.

Comparing NDSU to Georgia Southern and App State is apples/oranges.....not even remotely the same situation with footprint and marketing needs....recruiting needs....etc.