PDA

View Full Version : GSU Head Coach

Sir William
December 19th, 2006, 03:04 PM
Is there any truth to the rumor that Van Gorder will be fired tomorrow and David Bennett will be named head coach by week's end?

MarkCCU
December 19th, 2006, 03:17 PM
NO THAT IS A DAMN LIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dabnus Brickey
December 19th, 2006, 03:25 PM
Nope. Not at all. GSU was willing to be patient with Van Gorder this year. He's got a year or two there.

Baldy
December 19th, 2006, 03:28 PM
xlolx
Yes, you can take it to the bank. :thumbsup:

Seven Would Be Nice
December 19th, 2006, 03:34 PM
Here we go again......

:rotateh: :rotateh: :rotateh: :rotateh: :rotateh: :rotateh: :rotateh: :rotateh: :rotateh: :rotateh: :rotateh: :rotateh: :rotateh: :rotateh: :rotateh: :rotateh:

:bang:

DinoDex200
December 19th, 2006, 03:37 PM
Nope. Not at all. GSU was willing to be patient with Van Gorder this year. He's got a year or two there.

I should hope he gets at least 3...although, with all the transfers he's bringin' in, you might be able to see how his recruiting is turning out real quick!

bodoyle
December 19th, 2006, 03:40 PM
Is there any truth to the rumor that Van Gorder will be fired tomorrow and David Bennett will be named head coach by week's end?

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx I didn't know today was April 1st.

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/mld/myrtlebeachonline/sports/16274856.htm

CCU Coach Bennett says he'll stay put

From staff reports
David Bennett has pulled his name from consideration for the head coaching position at Stephen F. Austin, the Coastal Carolina University coach said today.

Bennett - who said over the weekend that his lawyer had put in an application for him at the Nacogdoches (Texas) school - said pursuing the job further wasn't worth the damage it would have done toward his CCU recruiting.

``I didn't want to waste time with recruiting, going out there [to interview],'' he said. ``I think it would have been a lateral move.''

Bennett said he and Coastal Athletics Director Warren Koegel met Monday to discuss several aspects of the football program, although he did not clarify whether a raise was part of the conversation.

Bennett currently makes a base salary of $132,500 plus incentives at Coastal.

Former Stephen F. Austin coach Robert McFarland earned a base salary of $113,300 before leaving to join the coaching staff at Iowa State.

bobbythekidd
December 19th, 2006, 03:42 PM
Stop it, Stop it, Stop it! Why would GSU wait till now to fire him? If he was going to be fired it would have been at the end of our shorter than normal season.

Sir William
December 19th, 2006, 03:46 PM
I'm sorry fellas. I never heard this rumor. I was just deliberately wasting your time.:smiley_wi

Baldy
December 19th, 2006, 03:51 PM
I should hope he gets at least 3...although, with all the transfers he's bringin' in, you might be able to see how his recruiting is turning out real quick!
"All the transfers"???

You know something we don't? :rolleyes:

Griswold
December 19th, 2006, 03:55 PM
AWE! Here's to the off season.xprost2x

Cap'n Cat
December 19th, 2006, 04:05 PM
AWE! Here's to the off season.xprost2x

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx