PDA

View Full Version : UTC Player Kicked Off Team

SU DOG
May 14th, 2016, 04:14 PM
One of their top DBs is now gone. The Mocs are a formidable opponent, but this type of thing makes me sick. I just don't understand how kids can throw away their futures like this. "Dee" Virgin was a terrific player.

http://newschannel9.com/news/local/utc-football-player-arrested

SU DOG
May 14th, 2016, 04:22 PM
I apologize if this has already been posted, just saw it today.

kdinva
May 14th, 2016, 04:46 PM
One of their top DBs is now gone. The Mocs are a formidable opponent, but this type of thing makes me sick. I just don't understand how kids can throw away their futures like this. "Dee" Virgin was a terrific player.

http://newschannel9.com/news/local/utc-football-player-arrested

terrible choice he made.....

Thumper 76
May 14th, 2016, 06:08 PM
Jesus, throw away your career for a tablet? C'mon man. Smh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JayJ79
May 14th, 2016, 07:33 PM
I often wonder how some surnames get started.

JSUSoutherner
May 14th, 2016, 07:45 PM
Very unfortunate situation caused by a stupid decision. He was a standout player for me when we played UTC. There was a play where Pope broke free and Dee tracked him down like he was standing still.

catamount man
May 15th, 2016, 03:56 PM
Can't comment. Lord knows WCU has had their share of thugs over the years. GO CATS!!!

paward
May 15th, 2016, 11:23 PM
He is young and has his whole life in front not behind. He will be playing this fall. He should be given a second chance. If he gets it he need to make good on it and life.

Milktruck74
May 16th, 2016, 07:00 AM
He is young and has his whole life in front not behind. He will be playing this fall. He should be given a second chance. If he gets it he need to make good on it and life.

I doubt he gets a second chance at UTC....Maybe able to transfer to a D2 school, but Huesman is pretty strict. He has set a precedent for this type of action that includes a season off of the team. Unfortunately Dee is a Senior and has already used his ReadShirt....so this is probably it for him.....Look for him at Albany State or Valdosta in the Fall.

SU DOG
May 16th, 2016, 08:42 AM
While I sincerely hate it for the kid, I certainly respect a coach, such as Huesman, who stands pat on his rules. I wonder if there would actually be less of this type of thing if more schools would be less tolerant. Guess that is debatable, and don't want to see kids hurt, but something is lacking as it now stands.

Milktruck74
May 16th, 2016, 09:26 AM
While I sincerely hate it for the kid, I certainly respect a coach, such as Huesman, who stands pat on his rules. I wonder if there would actually be less of this type of thing if more schools would be less tolerant. Guess that is debatable, and don't want to see kids hurt, but something is lacking as it now stands.

So true. Winning is important, but character matters too. There is really no fear of punishment today...people do stupid stuff and a athlteic departmetn lets them off with 6 warnings before they kick them out, then another school "gives them a second chance"....

chattownmocs
May 17th, 2016, 02:17 AM
Maybe if he steals something he might get another chance. But when you start going into people's apartments (particularly a female) to steal stuff, it's a different story.

PaladinFan
May 17th, 2016, 04:58 AM
This kind of stuff will hit every program.

Does further confirm my suspicion that the SoCon race will be a wide open free for all this season.

Milktruck74
May 17th, 2016, 07:39 AM
This kind of stuff will hit every program.

Does further confirm my suspicion that the SoCon race will be a wide open free for all this season.

Very true. When you have 90 kids in a group, many that come from homes/environments that do not teach them "rights and wrongs" (its hard to teach a kid when you are not around, its just America today), you are bound to have a few kids that get caught doing stupid things....even those schools that pride themselves on "having a higher standard"...

As far as the SoCon goes, I look at our schedule and say, we can win every game on the list (exception Alabama)....but I also see about 7 that are potential losses..... It's going to be a fun and scary season....With some lucky breaks we could be undefeated going into Alabama (10-1) and the number one seed in the playoffs, or we could just as easily (without those breaks) be watching everybody else on week one on ESPN 3!!!!!