View Full Version : Montana CB Suspended

ALPHAGRIZ1
May 13th, 2016, 05:16 PM
http://missoulian.com/sports/college/montana/montana-football-griz-cb-nelson-suspended-for-positive-drug-test/article_77ce8e72-60d7-5a00-8a11-0e253403ad47.html

Rules are rules, if you follow them you will cruise through college with no problems. Its that simple........for some

Bisonoline
May 13th, 2016, 06:00 PM
You play with that stuff youre going to pay. Stupid.

PAllen
May 13th, 2016, 07:11 PM
Just curious, when do they have the test results? Are we talking days or months? How do you defend against a false positive? Not defending this guy, as I'm in no position to do so, but that's a pretty severe penalty if based on only one test with no retest available.

kdinva
May 13th, 2016, 07:27 PM
...... but that's a pretty severe penalty if based on only one test with no retest available.

about six years ago, a member of VMI's FB team was caught uptown with 3 or 4 joints in his car......he wasn't smoking them, just had them.....was suspended for 12 months......

JayJ79
May 13th, 2016, 07:38 PM
I wonder if the federal government ever "legalized it", if the NCAA would modify its penalties for pot. I don't believe it is really any sort of "performance enhancing drug", but I'm not personally familiar with it, so I could be wrong.

If a student athlete under the legal drinking age tests positive for alcohol consumption, do they face NCAA penalties?

ALPHAGRIZ1
May 13th, 2016, 07:41 PM
Heres a novel idea..........stop using for 3-4 years while you play football. You have your whole life to smoke and when you get caught you should own up to it instead of making up lies like this kid and his dad is doing.

At least now I know why he is the kind of guy he is growing up to be.

Stitt needs to add 4 games to this suspension for the crap the Nelsons are trying to pull. Teach them all a lesson.

PAllen
May 13th, 2016, 09:19 PM
My comment about the severity was more directed at the chance for a false positive test. I agree, absent a chance at a false positive, just stay away from the stuff while you play. Getting caught in possession is a lot different than some nameless, faceless tech in some lab saying that you probably smoked the stuff in the last 30 days.

CrazyCat
May 13th, 2016, 09:32 PM
They just changed it not long ago from 1year to 6 months. The NCAA needs to have the same policies for pot as it's members do for drug testing.

ursus arctos horribilis
May 13th, 2016, 09:39 PM
I wonder if the federal government ever "legalized it", if the NCAA would modify its penalties for pot. I don't believe it is really any sort of "performance enhancing drug", but I'm not personally familiar with it, so I could be wrong.

If a student athlete under the legal drinking age tests positive for alcohol consumption, do they face NCAA penalties?

If he's guilty then so be it, this was the time the rules were/are as they are so if he has to go down hard on it then that is how it needs to be.

I think you and PAllen are knocking it out of the park here though. No matter what the crime we have a sense of what is just and this doesn't really feel like that.

I would think you as a person and a school would absolutely want to challenge this just to make god damn sure that the test result is correct first.

ALPHAGRIZ1
May 14th, 2016, 08:38 AM
Here is a REALLY great story from Nelsons dad:

http://www.egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=73784

I am JR's dad and this will be my one and only post to this blog:

It would have been very professional if AJ had gotten the complete story before he makes a major announcement; for one - he never asked JR about this event.

(1) JR's birthday was several days before the NDSU playoff game
(2) For his birthday he was given a brownie of which he took home and ate at home. The brownie was a 'bad' brownie of which JR nor his fiancee knew that it was not good. It was definitely a case of inadvertent use of a banned substance
(3) It soon became obvious that the brownie was not good because of dizziness and nausea that night
(4) before the NDSU game the team has drug testing
(5) JR has a positive test
(6) NCAA (anonymous) committee denies appeal and suspends JR for 5 1/2 games (this meeting was in February)
(7) Feeling justice has not been served correctly and having no prior substance abuse, JR contacts the NCAA on his own afterwards, goes up the chain and gets a very high official to hear his story
(8) The NCAA will consider reopening the case if JR provides certain legal written documentation that they have asked for - which is in the process of being done

It is my hope that bloggers and news media reporters will allow the entire process to take place in a legal and official way before 'breaking' any more "JR fails drug testing" articles.

Evidently you CAN make this **** up!

Green26
May 14th, 2016, 11:16 AM
From egriz:

"Which is worse? Eating a marijuana brownie or engaging in voter fraud and being charged with it? I guess that ncaa thinks eating the brownie is 5.5 games worse than what these NDSU players did in 2012.

"Eight North Dakota State Football players that were charged for petition fraud will remain on the roster said coach Craig Bohl Tuesday according to the Associated Press.

The players, which were paid $9 per hour for collecting signatures, allegedly foraged some of them.

Those NDSU players were collecting signatures for two citizen initiatives which would have created a state conservation fund and make marijuana legal for medical treatments, but North Dakota Attorney General Wayne Stenehjem told the AP many of the signatures were copied from phone books or out-right fake....

Because petition circulators could not determine which signatures were genuine and which ones were fraudulent, many petitions had to be disqualified and therefore neither initiative had enough signatures to qualify for the ballot.

Stenehjem said 11 people in total were charged, and if found guilty, the maximum penalty is a year in jail and a $2000 fine."

http://www.examiner.com/article/eight-n ... tion-fraud (http://www.examiner.com/article/eight-ndsu-players-charged-on-medical-marijuana-petition-fraud)

Bison Fan in NW MN
May 14th, 2016, 11:19 AM
From egriz:

"Which is worse? Eating a marijuana brownie or engaging in voter fraud and being charged with it? I guess that ncaa thinks eating the brownie is 5.5 games worse than what these NDSU players did in 2012.

"Eight North Dakota State Football players that were charged for petition fraud will remain on the roster said coach Craig Bohl Tuesday according to the Associated Press.

The players, which were paid $9 per hour for collecting signatures, allegedly foraged some of them.

Those NDSU players were collecting signatures for two citizen initiatives which would have created a state conservation fund and make marijuana legal for medical treatments, but North Dakota Attorney General Wayne Stenehjem told the AP many of the signatures were copied from phone books or out-right fake....

Because petition circulators could not determine which signatures were genuine and which ones were fraudulent, many petitions had to be disqualified and therefore neither initiative had enough signatures to qualify for the ballot.

Stenehjem said 11 people in total were charged, and if found guilty, the maximum penalty is a year in jail and a $2000 fine."

http://www.examiner.com/article/eight-n ... tion-fraud (http://www.examiner.com/article/eight-ndsu-players-charged-on-medical-marijuana-petition-fraud)

How about rape?

POD Knows
May 14th, 2016, 11:25 AM
From egriz:

Voter fraud is more serious, in my opinion, than marijuana use but I don't make the rules

BisonTru
May 14th, 2016, 11:31 AM
(2) For his birthday he was given a brownie of which he took home and ate at home. The brownie was a 'bad' brownie of which JR nor his fiancee knew that it was not good. It was definitely a case of inadvertent use of a banned substance

http://i0.wp.com/kpax.images.worldnow.com/images/8696200_G.jpg?resize=350%2C200

BisonTru
May 14th, 2016, 11:36 AM
From egriz:

Forging signatures is pretty damn stupid, but so is eating a baked good from one of your college buddies.

Green26
May 14th, 2016, 11:52 AM
So, if a girl gave you some baked goods in college, you wouldn't eat them? JR is saying his friend gave him a birthday gift basket, and the friend didn't know the brownie was loaded (as it was the friend's roommate's brownie).

Green26
May 14th, 2016, 11:54 AM
How about rape?

How about voter fraud?

Thumper 76
May 14th, 2016, 12:03 PM
So, if a girl gave you some baked goods in college, you wouldn't eat them? JR is saying his friend gave him a birthday gift basket, and the friend didn't know the brownie was loaded (as it was the friend's roommate's brownie).

I don't think he should have that big of a punishment over this, but the story is pretty shaky to me. The only way I see that happening is if his friends roommate was trying to prank him into eating a pot brownie, and he gifted it instead. It's way more believable that a guy just got caught. Honestly, what college guy gives another a birthday gift basket? Or if it was a female friend, I doubt wifey would be too okay with that xlolx. I think the punishment is way overboard but the story is not a great one. I guess there aren't many ways to say you accidentally had Mary Jane in your system though xlolx

POD Knows
May 14th, 2016, 12:07 PM
How about voter fraud?

Rape>Voter Fraud>Stoned on Brownies

Thumper 76
May 14th, 2016, 12:12 PM
How about voter fraud?

How bout the only thing I can think of getting in trouble for with illegal activities that you could get suspended from games for that is not worse would be and under age drinking ticket? Everything I can think of other than that I would put as a more severely punishable offense than doing some weed. From stealing from Best Buy to rape to DUI to impersonation of a police officer. Compared to most things over a traffic ticket like speeding weed is really tame. It's certainly not a PED for a game like football where you need to be amped up.

Green26
May 14th, 2016, 12:46 PM
Rape>Voter Fraud>Stoned on Brownies

How about murder?

BisonTru
May 14th, 2016, 12:58 PM

Cmon man. College kids aren't spending their afternoon baking up gift baskets. If your college buddy brings over some brownies, everyone knows they are loaded. So did this kid. IMO, this should just be legal, but I'd rather this kid just own it. His story is just laughable.

POD Knows
May 14th, 2016, 01:00 PM
How about murder?

Depends on the victim

Bisonoline
May 14th, 2016, 01:06 PM
From egriz:

Bulls_ _.

The results werent effected by this as it was against the law to hire and pay people to take those signatures. So the state didnt think it was that big of a deal. Plus the fact they wouldnt have had the votes even if all the questionable signatures would have been allowed.
Also not all that were charged were players at the time plus one or two were just students.
Was what they did stupid and lazy ? Yes.

POD Knows
May 14th, 2016, 01:18 PM
Bulls_ _.

The results werent effected by this as it was against the law to hire and pay people to take those signatures. So the state didnt think it was that big of a deal. Plus the fact they wouldnt have had the votes even if all the questionable signatures would have been allowed.
Also not all that were charged were players at the time plus one or two were just students.
Was what they did stupid and lazy ? Yes.

Plus they were probably taught by the leftists that "hired" them that is was easier to forge stuff than to actually go door to door and get signatures

ALPHAGRIZ1
May 14th, 2016, 02:44 PM

This isnt about voter fraud this is about a dad and his son lying to people to justify blazing up and getting caught.

When you get caught if you are a man or your parent is a good parent you admit it, accept the consequences and move on with your life. When you are a slime bag you make excuses, deflect and cry about it........everyone now knows where the Nelsons and you stand. If Stitt doesnt tack a couple more games on this to drive the point home since fans, parents and others dont get that when you brake rules there are ramifications........then he is just as guilty.

ALPHAGRIZ1
May 14th, 2016, 02:47 PM
How bout the only thing I can think of getting in trouble for with illegal activities that you could get suspended from games for that is not worse would be and under age drinking ticket? Everything I can think of other than that I would put as a more severely punishable offense than doing some weed. From stealing from Best Buy to rape to DUI to impersonation of a police officer. Compared to most things over a traffic ticket like speeding weed is really tame. It's certainly not a PED for a game like football where you need to be amped up.

Weed is one of those things you just don't do if you really want to play football and be a dependable part of your team. Is it a good law that pot is illegal, no its stupid but its the law.

ALPHAGRIZ1
May 14th, 2016, 02:49 PM
Cmon man. College kids aren't spending their afternoon baking up gift baskets. If your college buddy brings over some brownies, everyone knows they are loaded. So did this kid. IMO, this should just be legal, but I'd rather this kid just own it. His story is just laughable.

Agreed thats why he should be suspended a couple more games for lying about it. If he isnt he will think its OK to lie, change the subject and deflect which everyone knows is wrong. Own it and get it over with.

Thumper 76
May 14th, 2016, 02:56 PM
Weed is one of those things you just don't do if you really want to play football and be a dependable part of your team. Is it a good law that pot is illegal, no its stupid but its the law.

Absolutely agree if it's against the rules you don't do it. But I was more arguing the punishment should be along the lines of a underage drinking than that of someone who committed any of the previously mentioned things.

Green26
May 14th, 2016, 02:57 PM
This isnt about voter fraud this is about a dad and his son lying to people to justify blazing up and getting caught.

When you get caught if you are a man or your parent is a good parent you admit it, accept the consequences and move on with your life. When you are a slime bag you make excuses, deflect and cry about it........everyone now knows where the Nelsons and you stand. If Stitt doesnt tack a couple more games on this to drive the point home since fans, parents and others dont get that when you brake rules there are ramifications........then he is just as guilty.

You don't know the facts, and you don't know if JR or his dad are lying. I find it very interesting that you, of all people, would get on someone for lying. That is pretty funny.

BisonTru
May 14th, 2016, 02:59 PM
Plus they were probably taught by the leftists that "hired" them that is was easier to forge stuff than to actually go door to door and get signatures

Alright bud, you've been here like a week. We're all well aware you're an uber conservative cheerleader. There's a whole section of this website devoted for this stuff where you can put on your skirt and do your cheers.

Damnit I hate election years. Maybe this is how this place always turns in these years. BTW - we're going to elect someone, doesn't matter who, the suns going to come up, the bird are going to tweet, and we will have football. All is good. xdrunkyx

PAllen
May 14th, 2016, 03:00 PM

I had a couple of different girls bake me cookies while we were in college. They were good, and I would have been more than pissed if they had been laced with anything.

ursus arctos horribilis
May 14th, 2016, 03:02 PM

Really? It's that cut and dry for you? Holy christ I had girls that were friends and they would bake and cook and bring **** over anytime we'd have any sort of a get together. It could be iffy cuz I sure don't know the story but if it's anything like that and this is the first time he's been pinned down for something like this then I gotta maybe ease up on the standing in judgment as immediately guilty...I mean I honestly never get the rush to be in one camp or the other. Sometimes you can just sit back and let it unfold and see what it is all about.

Guilt. He could be, he might not be.

I do know a girl that I used to see did unknowingly grab an edible and it sure was not an intentional act on her part.

ALPHAGRIZ1
May 14th, 2016, 03:09 PM
You don't know the facts, and you don't know if JR or his dad are lying. I find it very interesting that you, of all people, would get on someone for lying. That is pretty funny.

We all know your agenda and that you are dishonest.

I know they are lying because you are on their side and if the story was true they would have filed a police report, brought this to the coaches attention IMMEDIATELY and screamed from the rafters of their innocence. They didnt do any of those things and now look stupid like they got advice from you. It is no wonder you dont support the punishment you are dishonest, slimy and trivialize things like this all the time.

BTW I am GUESSING this is the third time he has been popped for this..........his story doesnt add up and the fact you are supporting him there is a 99% chance he is guilty.

ursus arctos horribilis
May 14th, 2016, 03:14 PM
Agreed thats why he should be suspended a couple more games for lying about it. If he isnt he will think its OK to lie, change the subject and deflect which everyone knows is wrong. Own it and get it over with.

It could be a lie, we sure don't know that. You know someone personally that this sort of thing happened to.

ursus arctos horribilis
May 14th, 2016, 03:20 PM

I know they are lying because you are on their side and if the story was true they would have filed a police report, brought this to the coaches attention IMMEDIATELY and screamed from the rafters of their innocence. They didnt do any of those things and now look stupid like they got advice from you. It is no wonder you dont support the punishment you are dishonest, slimy and trivialize things like this all the time.

BTW I am GUESSING this is the third time he has been popped for this..........his story doesnt add up and the fact you are supporting him there is a 99% chance he is guilty.

Those are all things he definitely should have done but there is something to be said for not ratting out your friend as well. Again, it's iffy but right now I don't need to dig in and say it one or the other. Other than you and Green 26' dislike for each other I'm not sure why anyone does.

If he has been busted before on it then I'd have to lean that way a lot harder but I thought I read he hadn't been.

ALPHAGRIZ1
May 14th, 2016, 03:20 PM
It could be a lie, we sure don't know that. You know someone personally that this sort of thing happened to.

I am not saying it couldnt happen, its just that when it does you know it happened and you should be really pissed off about it, especially if you are an athlete and can look like this guy does right now. If you are innocent you do everything you can to clear your name and he didnt he hid and tried to get away with it. This isnt my opinion its information from inside the program.

Like I said earlier my educated guess is that this is the third time he has been popped. First time is usually just a slap on the wrist and handled in house and maybe some counseling, second time is usually a two game suspension (Nelson missed 2 games in 2013 UND and Panhandle State) and third offense is suspension for half the season.....like this one.

Own it

ursus arctos horribilis
May 14th, 2016, 03:24 PM
I am not saying it couldnt happen, its just that when it does you know it happened and you should be really pissed off about it, especially if you are an athlete and can look like this guy does right now. If you are innocent you do everything you can to clear your name and he didnt he hid and tried to get away with it. This isnt my opinion its information from inside the program.

Like I said earlier my educated guess is that this is the third time he has been popped. First time is usually just a slap on the wrist and handled in house and maybe some counseling, second time is usually a two game suspension (Nelson missed 2 games in 2013 UND and Panhandle State) and third offense is suspension for half the season.....like this one.

Own it

Like I said before, don't disagree with any of that IF it's the way it all actually happened.

CrazyCat
May 14th, 2016, 04:00 PM

Own it

You are mixing up the NCAA rules and the individual school penalties for failed drug tests. The NCAA only tests for pot during championship events and it's 6 months for a first offense.

Green26
May 14th, 2016, 04:07 PM

No college kid in this situation, i.e. eating a loaded brownie by accident (if that's what occurred), would go to the cops, try to get someone (like a friend) in trouble, and call attention to the situation and himself. That's just plain not what anyone in their right mind would do.

The dad has said publicly that the kid has had no prior substance abuse. Alpha's 3-time comment is probably just made up and not accurate.

POD Knows
May 14th, 2016, 04:08 PM
Alright bud, you've been here like a week. We're all well aware you're an uber conservative cheerleader. There's a whole section of this website devoted for this stuff where you can put on your skirt and do your cheers.

Damnit I hate election years. Maybe this is how this place always turns in these years. BTW - we're going to elect someone, doesn't matter who, the suns going to come up, the bird are going to tweet, and we will have football. All is good. xdrunkyx

There are politics all over the sports threads, don't try that with me. Are you the official "thread filter" that manages all thought that doesn't fit your liking, Blow me pal. Plus it was a joke but I guess I need to use purple because you BV guys don't get sarcasm without colored letters.

Green26
May 14th, 2016, 04:09 PM
You are mixing up the NCAA rules and the individual school penalties for failed drug tests. The NCAA only tests for pot during championship events and it's 6 months for a first offense.

And the kid's father has said there have been no other examples of substance abuse.

BisonTru
May 14th, 2016, 04:24 PM
Really? It's that cut and dry for you? Holy christ I had girls that were friends and they would bake and cook and bring **** over anytime we'd have any sort of a get together. It could be iffy cuz I sure don't know the story but if it's anything like that and this is the first time he's been pinned down for something like this then I gotta maybe ease up on the standing in judgment as immediately guilty...I mean I honestly never get the rush to be in one camp or the other. Sometimes you can just sit back and let it unfold and see what it is all about.

Guilt. He could be, he might not be.

I do know a girl that I used to see did unknowingly grab an edible and it sure was not an intentional act on her part.

This is like the kid that gets caught with cigarettes or pot in his car and then tells his parents he's just holding it for a friend. It's bull**** 99% of the time and the 1% of the time it's not well then they're just dumb. I'd rather hammer down the guilty hammer, even though maybe I'm hitting the 1%. Problem is there is a certain percentage of parents that want to believe everything their kid says, and they walk on arguments like this. I'm glad my parents called me out, better way to go about it, of course JMHO.

Next, how in the hell are you going to prove this story?

ALPHAGRIZ1
May 14th, 2016, 04:24 PM
That he knows of, I am not even buying it was his dad that made that post........it looks too much like you and yet another screen name.

Bison Fan in NW MN
May 14th, 2016, 04:32 PM
How about voter fraud?

Get the whole story straight then before you inject what the Bison players did in your post about something that had nothing to do with it.

The state decided it was nothing worth pursuing.

Dip**it.....xcoffeex

ursus arctos horribilis
May 14th, 2016, 04:51 PM
There are politics all over the sports threads, don't try that with me. Are you the official "thread filter" that manages all thought that doesn't fit your liking, Blow me pal. Plus it was a joke but I guess I need to use purple because you BV guys don't get sarcasm without colored letters.

Just so we all know, there shouldn't be. The politics on the FCSD board is one area of real tightness I've tried to hold down on. I know there are some jokes slid in and so forth but a few years ago it was just complete bull**** around here with the political name calling on every thread and so forth so it really is something to avoid on the football board cuz it isn't going to slide back into that morass.

This is the original thread on the matter and I imagine part of what Bisontru was referring to:
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?150044-Your-political-views-opinions-and-quarrels

I realize you were making a joke, not a big deal, just saying that the little bit of spark like that corrupts the whole thread if it is let go from what I've witnessed...and tried to clean up over the last few years. It's all good I just wanted you to know since you are a newer member.xthumbsupx

ursus arctos horribilis
May 14th, 2016, 05:05 PM
This is like the kid that gets caught with cigarettes or pot in his car and then tells his parents he's just holding it for a friend. It's bull**** 99% of the time and the 1% of the time it's not well then they're just dumb. I'd rather hammer down the guilty hammer, even though maybe I'm hitting the 1%. Problem is there is a certain percentage of parents that want to believe everything their kid says, and they walk on arguments like this. I'm glad my parents called me out, better way to go about it, of course JMHO.

Next, how in the hell are you going to prove this story?

Yeah, it's not really like that that I can see but whatever. The need to render judgment just doesn't make a whole lot of sense. It's not like the wool is being pulled over your eyes if you say you aren't sure about it all.

My parents were probably tougher to get by with **** than yours but I guess I ain't using that as a reason to just see it as a forgone conclusion. It isn't a 1% type situation by any means that I can see. I'd say from what is know it's more like a 60% probably did it 40% could have been dosed, or at least close to that. If it were cut & dry like your example I'd probably agree with you.

It just seems real odd to smoke up right before going to NDSU knowing testing is coming.

POD Knows
May 14th, 2016, 05:42 PM
Just so we all know, there shouldn't be. The politics on the FCSD board is one area of real tightness I've tried to hold down on. I know there are some jokes slid in and so forth but a few years ago it was just complete bull**** around here with the political name calling on every thread and so forth so it really is something to avoid on the football board cuz it isn't going to slide back into that morass.

This is the original thread on the matter and I imagine part of what Bisontru was referring to:
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?150044-Your-political-views-opinions-and-quarrels

I realize you were making a joke, not a big deal, just saying that the little bit of spark like that corrupts the whole thread if it is let go from what I've witnessed...and tried to clean up over the last few years. It's all good I just wanted you to know since you are a newer member.xthumbsupx

OK, but my point stands. How do you handle a thread that deals with, say, funding for a particular program and the thread ends up with discussions regarding the political climate of a certain state, there are tons of these examples, I could go on and on. I will stay focused on the subject at hand with the full knowledge that politics abound in all conversations, even a kid getting busted for ganja use. Hell, there have been a bunch of those threads and discussion on whether it should be legal or not. That is political. BTW, there isn't enough $$ in the world to get me to admin one of these sites so Kudos.

ALPHAGRIZ1
May 14th, 2016, 05:44 PM
Get the whole story straight then before you inject what the Bison players did in your post about something that had nothing to do with it.

Dip**it.....xcoffeex
Dude its what he does just ignore him

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

PAllen
May 14th, 2016, 06:56 PM
Those are all things he definitely should have done but there is something to be said for not ratting out your friend as well. Again, it's iffy but right now I don't need to dig in and say it one or the other. Other than you and Green 26' dislike for each other I'm not sure why anyone does.

If he has been busted before on it then I'd have to lean that way a lot harder but I thought I read he hadn't been.

Agreed. He should have done those things but probably didn't. It would be interesting to know what the documentation is that the NCAA is asking for. If he went to the er or there is a police report backing up his story, I think he should be cleared.

ursus arctos horribilis
May 14th, 2016, 08:43 PM
Agreed. He should have done those things but probably didn't. It would be interesting to know what the documentation is that the NCAA is asking for. If he went to the er or there is a police report backing up his story, I think he should be cleared.

Damn, did not even think of that angle but seems possible. I will be interested to know what they are looking for as well.

ursus arctos horribilis
May 14th, 2016, 08:54 PM
OK, but my point stands. How do you handle a thread that deals with, say, funding for a particular program and the thread ends up with discussions regarding the political climate of a certain state, there are tons of these examples, I could go on and on. I will stay focused on the subject at hand with the full knowledge that politics abound in all conversations, even a kid getting busted for ganja use. Hell, there have been a bunch of those threads and discussion on whether it should be legal or not. That is political. BTW, there isn't enough $$ in the world to get me to admin one of these sites so Kudos.

Hey thanks for the tip of the cap at the end and the things you point out are sticky problems and there are often related poli points in some matters. The way I deal with them is pretty simple. If it is cogent then it goes. If it is some dip****tery like "You god damn libtards and your PC bull**** caused this..." then I'll go ahead and say that it isn't at all productive and probably pm the person with the emotionally strong political values and ask them if they'd quit being an asshole. If they don't I really have pinned them to only having access to the sorts of boards that suits their temperament. A discussion and a meeting of the minds usually stops anything like that from happening and an understanding of where I am coming from, and where the other person is coming from helps keep things moving in a good direction.

Another factor is offseason. Things just are a little more lenient cuz it is more our hardcore group that knows each other better and can handle a bit more abuse from each other.:D

BisonFan02
May 14th, 2016, 08:56 PM
Hey thanks for the tip of the cap at the end and the things you point out are sticky problems and there are often related poli points in some matters. The way I deal with them is pretty simple. If it is cogent then it goes. If it is some dip****tery like "You god damn libtards and your PC bull**** caused this..." then I'll go ahead and say that it isn't at all productive and probably pm the person with the emotionally strong political values and ask them if they'd quit being an asshole. If they don't I really have pinned them to only having access to the sorts of boards that suits their temperament. A discussion and a meeting of the minds usually stops anything like that from happening and an understanding of where I am coming from, and where the other person is coming from helps keep things moving in a good direction.

Another factor is offseason. Things just are a little more lenient cuz it is more our hardcore group that knows each other better and can handle a bit more abuse from each other.:D

AGS: A safe space from safe spaces. :D

*that was topical mother****er. xlolx

BisonTru
May 14th, 2016, 09:02 PM
Yeah, it's not really like that that I can see but whatever. The need to render judgment just doesn't make a whole lot of sense. It's not like the wool is being pulled over your eyes if you say you aren't sure about it all.

My parents were probably tougher to get by with **** than yours but I guess I ain't using that as a reason to just see it as a forgone conclusion. It isn't a 1% type situation by any means that I can see. I'd say from what is know it's more like a 60% probably did it 40% could have been dosed, or at least close to that. If it were cut & dry like your example I'd probably agree with you.

It just seems real odd to smoke up right before going to NDSU knowing testing is coming.

Keep in mind some NFL prospects fail their drug test at the combine and they know they are going to be tested, and at least monetarily they have a lot more on the line than this kid.

So let's say this kid's story is correct. I still have a hard time getting past his buddy gave him a brownie on his birthday and that didn't throw up a red flag. IDK I must have had a different college experience than some. We weren't exchanging pastries for the hell of it in college.

Bottomline, unless there's something else like what Pallen eluded to, this is most likely going to stand. I'm not buying his story. Others can if they would like, but I don't think any of our opinions are going to change his suspension.

ursus arctos horribilis
May 14th, 2016, 10:08 PM
Keep in mind some NFL prospects fail their drug test at the combine and they know they are going to be tested, and at least monetarily they have a lot more on the line than this kid.

So let's say this kid's story is correct. I still have a hard time getting past his buddy gave him a brownie on his birthday and that didn't throw up a red flag. IDK I must have had a different college experience than some. We weren't exchanging pastries for the hell of it in college.

Bottomline, unless there's something else like what Pallen eluded to, this is most likely going to stand. I'm not buying his story. Others can if they would like, but I don't think any of our opinions are going to change his suspension.

I don't see why it so hard to understand that I'm not necessarily buying his story either. I just have been wrong on **** like this enough to know better than to just dig in the heels and assume guilt and start the condemnation. I can wait, I'm in no big hurry. I feel like much less of a scumbag if I'm not falsely heaping **** on someone.

As far as a buddy baking ****? I don't know exactly what happened but it could have been a female friend of either his or his girlfriend unless I skipped some reading where it pointed out it was a male friend. Besides that, I've got male friends like Bisonoline that cook the living **** out of **** and I'll damn sure just take what they offer without giving it a thought. I certainly think it's possible for him to have a friend like that as well but it is less likely and more dangerous in the free wheeling college days.

Thumper 76
May 14th, 2016, 10:37 PM
I don't see why it so hard to understand that I'm not necessarily buying his story either. I just have been wrong on **** like this enough to know better than to just dig in the heels and assume guilt and start the condemnation. I can wait, I'm in no big hurry. I feel like much less of a scumbag if I'm not falsely heaping **** on someone.

As far as a buddy baking ****? I don't know exactly what happened but it could have been a female friend of either his or his girlfriend unless I skipped some reading where it pointed out it was a male friend. Besides that, I've got male friends like Bisonoline that cook the living **** out of **** and I'll damn sure just take what they offer without giving it a thought. I certainly think it's possible for him to have a friend like that as well but it is less likely and more dangerous in the free wheeling college days.

Is there culinary arts at Montana or a school offering it the area? That would make it make a lot more sense to me. I don't have any real judgement on the matter but if we're going to go looking at every angle of this...

BisonTru
May 14th, 2016, 10:38 PM

What new information are you expecting? You obviously follow the Griz closer than I, but this seems fairly shut and closed. He's got his story, but I just don't see the NCAA reviewing it much past where we are now. I never said YOU are buying it, but you're giving him more benefit of doubt than I am willing. Which is fine, just our opinions.

And as far as heaping poo on this kid, he's getting a pretty harsh punishment, IMO. Whether he knowingly or unknowingly ate the brownie, I'm in the camp that was dumb. However, as person he's probably a pretty good dude. I'm not ignorant enough to believe there isn't a ton of college fball players smoking pot. Most stay clean when they need to be. I hope he uses this suspension to grow as person, and hopefully has a hell of a second half of the season.

ursus arctos horribilis
May 14th, 2016, 10:41 PM
Is there culinary arts at Montana or a school offering it the area? That would make it make a lot more sense to me. I don't have any real judgement on the matter but if we're going to go looking at every angle of this...

Yes there is. UM has a culinary school and in fact I had contacted them about grabbing a student to chef our tailgate last year.

Thumper 76
May 14th, 2016, 10:44 PM
Yes there is. UM has a culinary school and in fact I had contacted them about grabbing a student to chef our tailgate last year.

See that would make sense for a guy to bake **** for somebody's birthday then, especially if they just made stuff in a class. If his friend gave him stuff and was in the class as well I doubt he would question it as well, and just think hell I need some other **** with this and threw it in there. That would make the story much more plausible to me at least.

ursus arctos horribilis
May 14th, 2016, 10:44 PM
What new information are you expecting? You obviously follow the Griz closer than I, but this seems fairly shut and closed. He's got his story, but I just don't see the NCAA reviewing it much past where we are now. I never said YOU are buying it, but you're giving him more benefit of doubt than I am willing. Which is fine, just our opinions.

And as far as heaping poo on this kid, he's getting a pretty harsh punishment, IMO. Whether he knowingly or unknowingly ate the brownie, I'm in the camp that was dumb. However, as person he's probably a pretty good dude. I'm not ignorant enough to believe there isn't a ton of college fball players smoking pot. Most stay clean when they need to be. I hope he uses this suspension to grow as person, and hopefully has a hell of a second half of the season.

I'm not expecting any new information...did I lead you to think I was? I guess it's possible if the NCAA is waiting on somethign else.

ursus arctos horribilis
May 14th, 2016, 10:47 PM
See that would make sense for a guy to bake **** for somebody's birthday then, especially if they just made stuff in a class. If his friend gave him stuff and was in the class as well I doubt he would question it as well, and just think hell I need some other **** with this and threw it in there. That would make the story much more plausible to me at least.

Yes, there are slim possibilities but I don't think it matters as tru said. He's gonna do the time off for it I would imagine.

BisonTru
May 14th, 2016, 10:56 PM
I'm not expecting any new information...did I lead you to think I was? I guess it's possible if the NCAA is waiting on somethign else.

I can wait, I'm in no big hurry.

This. I'm not sure what you're waiting on. I say this as I don't know if there is any new information that could come out. I am not following this that closely outside of this forum. As always if there is new information, I reserve the right to fully change opinions. :)

ursus arctos horribilis
May 14th, 2016, 11:19 PM
This. I'm not sure what you're waiting on. I say this as I don't know if there is any new information that could come out. I am not following this that closely outside of this forum. As always if there is new information, I reserve the right to fully change opinions. :)

I'd have to go back and reread but I think that was in reference to the general rush to judgments that are fairly pervasive with anything and everything. But as I said if the NCAA is waiting on something else then I may have benn referring to that in my thought stream. I see where I led you on that one though.

Green26
May 15th, 2016, 11:58 AM

Dip**it.....xcoffeex

Hey dip****, why don't you get all of the facts of the Griz player's situation before you jump into something you have no clue about.

Also, you don't even have the facts of the Bison player's voting fraud charges correct. You think pleading guilty to the charges, indicates the state didn't pursue the charges. You are either a liar or an idiot. See below.

"Ten football players at North Dakota State pleaded guilty Tuesday to misdemeanor election fraud and were sentenced to community service for faking signatures on ballot measure petitions they were hired to collect."

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8452749/ten-north-dakota-state-bison-players-plead-guilty-petition-fraud

SeattleGriz
May 15th, 2016, 12:22 PM

The brownie was from Canada. Nobody knew her.

Thumper 76
May 15th, 2016, 01:59 PM
The brownie was from Canada. Nobody knew her.

That BITCH!

centennial
May 15th, 2016, 02:24 PM
Okay ladies, time for a science lesson. 1 use does not trigger a test. The only way for it to do so is- consume a **** ton of 420 the day of the test, since the user is a beginner that will never happen.
http://www.leafscience.com/2014/04/22/how-long-thc-stay-system/
http://www.leafscience.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/how-thc-system-chart.png

Even these numbers are over inflated. I have known many many people using occasionally that drink a lot of water the day of, and pass. The whole conversation here is stupid- I got drunk and used a couple of times in a week (once a year thing for me). 1-2 weeks later I had a drug test for a new job, passed without any problems. The test is mostly designed to grab people with habitual usage issues that literally cannot stop for a few days.

ursus arctos horribilis
May 15th, 2016, 02:40 PM
Okay ladies, time for a science lesson. 1 use does not trigger a test. The only way for it to do so is- consume a **** ton of 420 the day of the test, since the user is a beginner that will never happen.

Even these numbers are over inflated. I have known many many people using occasionally that drink a lot of water the day of, and pass. The whole conversation here is stupid- I got drunk and used a couple of times in a week (once a year thing for me). 1-2 weeks later I had a drug test for a new job, passed without any problems. The test is mostly designed to grab people with habitual usage issues that literally cannot stop for a few days.

I don't know about the tests at all. So you have been tested by the NCAA or the test you have done is the same test the NCAA uses?

Twentysix
May 15th, 2016, 02:52 PM

Orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, maybe, just maybe a study done 31 years ago doesn't exactly reflect the current situation.

"Over the past three decades, marijuana's average potency level has steadily increased from just shy of 2% THC levels in 1978 to over 8% in 2013 according to medicalmarijuana.procon.com (http://medicalmarijuana.procon.org/view.additional-resource.php?resourceID=191). That's onaverage, however, growers have developed a bit of a pissing contest to see who can grow the highest potency marijuana strain. Current reigning champion, "RB-26" of Denver, Colorado developed a strain called Gorilla Glue 4 with a reported 33% THC potency level (the original Gorilla Glue strain was developed by "Josesy Whales on ICmag.com (http://icmag.com/)). RB-26's other strain, Chiquita Banana is a close second tipping scales around 30%."

Twentysix
May 15th, 2016, 03:00 PM
I had some gorilla glue in Portland. That was nothing like the $100/oz that was available from God in Western ND in the early 2000s.

centennial
May 15th, 2016, 03:01 PM
I don't know about the tests at all. So you have been tested by the NCAA or the test you have done is the same test the NCAA uses?

The NCAA site did not list what the ng/dl limits are. I did find a 5ng/dl in an article. This is 5-10 times lesser than most commercial tests. Here is a graph of time between detection and negative test-
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2587336/table/T2/

Most people with low concentrations like the football player claims to be because of exclusive one time use weren't even detectable a day after. These low concentrations wouldn't even show on most employment tests.
Patient B with 30ng/dl was showing negative after 0.3 days.
Patient H with 46ng/dl was negative under 2 days
The point I am making is 1 time use is very hard to detect.

ursus arctos horribilis
May 15th, 2016, 03:07 PM
I had some gorilla glue in Portland. That was nothing like the $100/oz that was available from God in Western ND in the early 2000s.

I don't even smoke, or anything else brownie wise, and I want to try some of this Gorilla Glue and meet God too. I had no idea he was right next door.

ursus arctos horribilis
May 15th, 2016, 03:09 PM
The NCAA site did not list what the ng/dl limits are. I did find a 5ng/dl in an article. This is 5-10 times lesser than most commercial tests. Here is a graph of time between detection and negative test-
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2587336/table/T2/

Most people with low concentrations like the football player claims to be because of exclusive one time use weren't even detectable a day after. These low concentrations wouldn't even show on most employment tests.
Patient B with 30ng/dl was showing negative after 0.3 days.
Patient H with 46ng/dl was negative under 2 days
The point I am making is 1 time use is very hard to detect.

Gotcha.

Twentysix
May 15th, 2016, 03:21 PM
I don't even smoke, or anything else brownie wise, and I want to try some of this Gorilla Glue and meet God too. I had no idea he was right next door.

Haha, greatest drug dealer name ever.

Whenever people say "This is God's country" they are talking about the drug dealer. xthumbsupx