PDA

View Full Version : Bay Area news= Harbaugh won 2 I-AA championships!

GoAgs!
December 19th, 2006, 01:31 AM
Been watching my local new Media reporting the hiring of Harbaugh. A lot of them are "claiming" that Harbaugh won 2 I-AA championships with USD.

The latest I have seen is KRON 4 news. On a list of highlights, they listed two I-AA championships...pretty freaking annoying. Where in the press release are they getting this info? :eyebrow:

December 19th, 2006, 01:35 AM
not annoying... AN OUTRAGE!
2004 - 2nd place in the PFL
2005 - 1st place in the PFL; 1st in the mid-major poll
2006 - 1st place in the PFL; 1st in the mid-major poll

Zero I-AA playoff appearances, zero I-AA titles.

Jackluv
December 19th, 2006, 05:08 AM
some buddies of mine heard that too

Go Apps
December 19th, 2006, 06:04 AM
Not even close

DFW HOYA
December 19th, 2006, 06:16 AM
The Sports Network has been using the phrase "mid major national champion" in the past for the winner of its annual poll.

http://usdtoreros.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/recaps/120206aaa.html

DetroitFlyer
December 19th, 2006, 07:15 AM
USD, I-AA National Champion! Has a nice ring to it!!

andy7171
December 19th, 2006, 07:29 AM
So does Andy7171, President of the United States of America.

Doesn't make it fact.

Griswold
December 19th, 2006, 07:31 AM

Congratulations on that...:rolleyes:

These are the nice rings you wish you had!

lizrdgizrd
December 19th, 2006, 08:37 AM
Maybe some day it'll be true. xcoffeex

Pard4Life
December 19th, 2006, 08:41 AM
On the ride to the Gridiron Classic, the radio announcer in NJ said Monmouth was playing for the I-AA National Championship... I guess those mid-majors are feeling full of themselves.. :rotateh:

lizrdgizrd
December 19th, 2006, 08:43 AM
On the ride to the Gridiron Classic, the radio announcer in NJ said Monmouth was playing for the I-AA National Championship... I guess those mid-majors are feeling full of themselves.. :rotateh:
More like the announcers showing their ignorance. :rolleyes:

DUPFLFan
December 19th, 2006, 09:53 AM
not annoying... AN OUTRAGE!
2004 - 2nd place in the PFL
2005 - 1st place in the PFL; 1st in the mid-major poll
2006 - 1st place in the PFL; 1st in the mid-major poll

Zero I-AA playoff appearances, zero I-AA titles.

Unless you count the Sports Network Mid major championship...

Oh yeah - that's right, no one counts that do they Ralph!

TexasTerror
December 19th, 2006, 09:54 AM
Unless you count the Sports Network Mid major championship...

Does someone count mid-major national championships for any other sport? Basketball, where there's even a Mid Major Top 25? The answer is no...

DetroitFlyer
December 19th, 2006, 09:57 AM
I guess there is no harm in Jimbo not showing up to claim the non-existent, championship he and his team won this season. This is almost too easy, like taking candy from a baby!

lizrdgizrd
December 19th, 2006, 10:01 AM
I guess there is no harm in Jimbo not showing up to claim the non-existent, championship he and his team won this season. This is almost too easy, like taking candy from a baby!
Well, if he's so keen on his National Championships you'd think he might want to accept the award for them. Can't have it both ways DF. :nono:

spelunker64
December 19th, 2006, 10:51 AM
Congrats to USD :hurray: :thumbsup: :bow: :nod: :rotateh:

December 19th, 2006, 10:52 AM
Unless you count the Sports Network Mid major championship... Oh yeah - that's right, no one counts that do they Ralph!No, that is a poll of a few teams and winning a poll is not winning a championship.

December 19th, 2006, 10:53 AM
...The only way to deal with trolls is to limit your reaction to reminding others not to respond to trolls.

psc2445
December 19th, 2006, 11:20 AM
silly

PantherRob82
December 19th, 2006, 11:27 AM
UNI was first in the PantherRob82 poll and is thus the National Champion!

UAalum72
December 19th, 2006, 11:46 AM
Does someone count mid-major national championships for any other sport? Basketball, where there's even a Mid Major Top 25? The answer is no...
Because in every other team sport, even basketball, every eligible conference has an automatic bid into the national championship playoffs.

PantherRob82
December 19th, 2006, 11:50 AM
Because in every other team sport, even basketball, every eligible conference has an automatic bid into the national championship playoffs.

In every other sport all teams are equal in scholarships.

December 19th, 2006, 11:53 AM
Because in every other team sport, even basketball, every eligible conference has an automatic bid into the national championship playoffs.so you're saying that a poll winner among 21 teams is a national champion or are you going off-topic to somewhere else?

DetroitFlyer
December 19th, 2006, 12:18 PM
I did not see the outcry over the HBCU's crowning a national champion.... Maybe if an HBCU coach left to coach a I-A program and the press said something about the coach having won two back to back national HBCU championships.... Nope, I do not think so.... Yet more evidence of bias against the PFL/NEC/MAAC and especially more evidence that the current "playoff" system is not perfect and should be modified not protected at all costs by.... you guessed it T.O.G.!!!!

UAalum72
December 19th, 2006, 12:21 PM
so you're saying that a poll winner among 21 teams is a national champion or are you going off-topic to somewhere else?

I didn't say that. He asked if there was a mid-major champion in any other sport.

Not true, for example, the MAAC has less the 1/4 the maximum scholarships in lacrosse, yet they still have an autobid.

lizrdgizrd
December 19th, 2006, 12:54 PM
I did not see the outcry over the HBCU's crowning a national champion.... Maybe if an HBCU coach left to coach a I-A program and the press said something about the coach having won two back to back national HBCU championships.... Nope, I do not think so.... Yet more evidence of bias against the PFL/NEC/MAAC and especially more evidence that the current "playoff" system is not perfect and should be modified not protected at all costs by.... you guessed it T.O.G.!!!!
If this supposed coach was said to have HBCU Championships that would be a truth. If this same supposed coach was said to merely have NCs that might lead some to believe that he was the D-I champ coach. That would be incorrect.

Harbaugh's teams have won back to back Mid-Major NCs. That's true. Saying NCs without the qualifier of Mid-Major would lead some to believe his teams won the DI FCS NC. That would be incorrect.

DFW HOYA
December 19th, 2006, 01:07 PM

Many conferences are nowhere close to full scholarship in sports where they receive autobids: baseball, swimming and track are all examples of this.

December 19th, 2006, 01:12 PM
... Yet more evidence of bias against the PFL/NEC/MAAC...
You are cordially invited to DetroitFlyer's
NON-STOP PITY PARTY!

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

PantherRob82
December 19th, 2006, 06:28 PM
Many conferences are nowhere close to full scholarship in sports where they receive autobids: baseball, swimming and track are all examples of this.

sports that matter: Football, basketball.

UAalum72
December 19th, 2006, 06:47 PM
sports that matter: Football, basketball.
The Patriot League had an autobid in basketball when they didn't have scholarships; the Ivy League still doesn't have them.

Sir William
December 19th, 2006, 06:50 PM
:boring: :boring: :boring: