PDA

View Full Version : Steelers take SC State DT

smallcollegefbfan
April 29th, 2016, 09:54 PM
Javon Hargrave was taken by Pittsburgh with the 89th pick in the 3rd round.

SENOREIDA
April 29th, 2016, 10:43 PM
Javon Hargrave was taken by Pittsburgh with the 89th pick in the 3rd round.
Well that's a joke. I watched SC State in person play last year. There was no one worthy of playing in the NFL when I saw them play, let alone be drafted in the 3rd round.

smallcollegefbfan
April 29th, 2016, 11:52 PM
Well that's a joke. I watched SC State in person play last year. There was no one worthy of playing in the NFL when I saw them play, let alone be drafted in the 3rd round.

They will have two draft picks this year. Hargrave and the TE Hemingway. There were a lot of DL coaches at their pro day and both of them were invited to major all-star games and the NFL Combine. If you turn out to be right and both don't make NFL rosters then you need to be a NFL scout! I have not talked to one single NFL person who didn't think both of those guys are legit prospects.

Winindy
April 30th, 2016, 01:11 AM
Hargrave made the most out of the post season pre-draft grind. He looked good at the senior bowl. He's got a great lower half and a good motor. I could see him working into a good line clogger.

CasualFan
April 30th, 2016, 08:23 AM
Hargrave's stats for the Coastal game were pretty much non-existent. Whether he was nicked up, CCU just was determined to not let him beat them, or whatever the reason, he was largely a non-factor. He was a monster the rest of the season.

ASU33
April 30th, 2016, 10:44 AM

Spoken like a true hater. Instead of congratulating the young man you come with some weak isht like this. Smh!

POD Knows
April 30th, 2016, 10:51 AM
Spoken like a true hater. Instead of congratulating the young man you come with some weak isht like this. Smh!

I am a Steeler fan and kind of excited about the Hargrave pick. Don't know a lot about him but we will see.

SENOREIDA
April 30th, 2016, 11:41 AM
Not a hater, honest opinion. We blew them out of the water, it was like we were playing a JV High School team. No players stood out to me, because they didn't make any plays. It was 32-0 at half when we pulled our starters. I am not going to sugar coat anything, good for him for getting drafted though.

ASU33
April 30th, 2016, 11:49 AM
Not a hater, honest opinion. We blew them out of the water, it was like we were playing a JV High School team. No players stood out to me, because they didn't make any plays. It was 32-0 at half when we pulled our starters. I am not going to sugar coat anything, good for him for getting drafted though.

And you've been scouting for how long now?

POD Knows
April 30th, 2016, 12:07 PM
The Steelers also took a defensive back out of Maryland and that was a horrible team and a horrible defensive team. I hope they know what they are doing.

ejjones
May 1st, 2016, 05:34 AM

So, this guy saw one game "in-person" and formulates an opinion about a players NFL worthiness. Just Brilliant.

http://www.patriots.com/video/2016/02/13/2016-draft-prospects-javon-hargrave-dt-south-carolina