PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Highlights

MYTAPPY
December 18th, 2006, 03:41 PM
What was your teams biggest highlight this year.

I'm sure I don't have to mention my choice :smiley_wi

saccat
December 18th, 2006, 04:06 PM
MSU over Colorado to start the season. I don't care if they ended up being bad, they are still the Buffs and it gave MSU some Props ( even if it was only for a week.:( )

JMU_MRD'03-'07
December 18th, 2006, 04:08 PM
Defeating New Hampshire when they were No.1 and undefeated on their homecoming.

poly51
December 18th, 2006, 04:11 PM
Cal Poly beating I-A San Diego State.

blueballs
December 18th, 2006, 04:21 PM
As a GSU fan/booster I never thought I'd say this but............ defeating Coastal Carolina.: smh : Other than that I can't really find a highlight.

Mountaineer
December 18th, 2006, 04:21 PM
A few stand out for me:

The JMU game - Really enjoyed seeing the Dukes come to Boone and watching both teams play a semi-mediocre game to start the season. :D

Homecoming - The huge crowd of over 26,000 to watch Elon, yes Elon.

GSU - Heartattack city in Statesboro. Phew.

The buttwhuppin' put on Furman during Black Saturday. :p

The entire playoffs - was my first time seeing Coastal (good stuff) and ASU's first time playing Montana State and Youngstown. Awesome to see different teams.

And of course: Back 2 Back :bow:

DuckDuckGriz
December 18th, 2006, 04:38 PM
Beating the Kitties to win the Big Sky outright for the first time since 2001.

The game winning drive & kick as time expired to beat Cal Poly.

The night game at WGS in the semis, even if the outcome wasn't great.

Canyoncat
December 18th, 2006, 04:44 PM
Our winning streak that pulled us out of our early season funk. Getting to host a playoff game for the first time in 22 years and beating Furman.

Except for the three game slide after we beat Colorado, overall I think we had a great season and can't wait for next year.

GO CATS!!

bostonspider
December 18th, 2006, 04:51 PM
I guess it would have to be shutting out Duke on the road to start the season.

PantherRob82
December 18th, 2006, 04:52 PM
-Close loss at Iowa State was a fun day, would've been nuts if Wingert had hit the FG.

-Had a good time at Youngstown with some nice fireworks after the game.

JoshUCA
December 18th, 2006, 04:54 PM
Finishing 8-3 in our first year, beating 2 SLC foes on the road, cracking the top 25 in our first year, setting new attendance records, the emergence of true tailgating at UCA.

LeopardFan04
December 18th, 2006, 04:55 PM
Beating Lehigh for the 3rd time in a row to clinch a share of our 3rd straight PL title...which led to another playoff appearance...also finally beating Colgate after a decade...

NDSUFREAK
December 18th, 2006, 04:57 PM
Minnesota game is a game I will always remember as one of the best BISON memories of all time.

The last game against SDSU was another highlight of a great year for NDSU.

RabidRabbit
December 18th, 2006, 05:08 PM
Getting the 2 point conversion to win the game vs Poly, and getting that no wins vs Poly off our back. :hurray: :hurray:

kats89
December 18th, 2006, 05:43 PM
DD Terry with two 250+ yd performances in the season...

37 carries for 253 yds, 2tds vs McNeese St

31 carries for 278 yds, 3tds vs SE Louisiana

And this is after he played LB for 3 years at SHSU and was moved to RB his senior season in 2006.

elkmcc
December 18th, 2006, 05:51 PM
For me personally it has to be Ralph mentioning my name on "I-AA/CS Waves" He caught me totally off guard giving my Grizzlies props for being "hot, hot hot". I loved it Ralph. Thanks. This season was great Ralph and you were a big part of it.

For my Griz the highlights were: 1) beating the Bobcats, 2)wining the BSC outright, 3) the semifinal game at Wa/Griz. The UMASS game was an awesome experience, in spite of the fact that Montana lost.

Peems
December 18th, 2006, 06:54 PM
For me personally it has to be Ralph mentioning my name on "I-AA/CS Waves" He caught me totally off guard giving my Grizzlies props for being "hot, hot hot". I loved it Ralph. Thanks. This season was great Ralph and you were a big part of it.

For my Griz the highlights were: 1) beating the Bobcats, 2)wining the BSC outright, 3) the semifinal game at Wa/Griz. The UMASS game was an awesome experience, in spite of the fact that Montana lost.

no cal poly "drive"?

elkmcc
December 18th, 2006, 08:22 PM
no cal poly "drive"?

Naw. It seemed to me the Griz were having to pull a rabbit out of the hat (no disrespect to SDSU intended) to win more often than not. The CP game really doesn't stick out in my mind. I do however remember being really impressed with Shotwell.

The whole season is a blur to me. Two more wins would have been nice but I couldn't really say that I am disappointed about the season in any way. I look forward to next year.:hurray:

furpal87
December 18th, 2006, 10:38 PM
Don't know how to answer thhat one, how about every time we got a kick off that wasn't blocked? Did something positive in special teams?

Seriously, Felton's 6 TD's against WCU and making the playoffs with a seriously flawed team.

Old Cat Fan
December 19th, 2006, 12:01 AM
For me the UNH team highlight had to be the opening day stunner against Northwestern I think everyone had that game penciled in as a preseason lost, and if they didn't win that game they would not have made the playoffs.

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o183/OLDCATFAN/toppic.jpg

and for individual highlight, had to be watching and capturing David Ball 51st record breaking TD catch on a picture perfect day in Durham against Richmond

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQvm9Z_G9ZY

Grizo406
December 19th, 2006, 01:59 AM
The highlight of my 2006 Griz football season was being able to celebrate our win over SIU with some of the most beautiful football fans on our planet.

Jackluv
December 19th, 2006, 05:07 AM
jason having a great year along with awatts

2 all-americans

catbob
December 19th, 2006, 05:43 AM
1- Hosting a playoff game, and winning it to boot!
2- Beating Colorado, especially since I drove all the way to the game to see it first-hand.

JMUDuke2002
December 19th, 2006, 05:52 AM
For me, its a toss-up between beating UNH or beating Delaware under the lights.

Tribe4SF
December 19th, 2006, 06:57 AM
Meeting Ralph at the JMU game!:thumbsup:

Beating Towson on the road.

Tailgating and watching the UNH/Hampton playoff game.

UNH 40
December 19th, 2006, 07:36 AM
The Northwestern victory was without a doubt the biggest win in school history, but I think the highlight of the season was the game that Ricky Santos played at Delaware. It was one of the best individual performances by an athlete that I have ever seen.

GoGuins
December 19th, 2006, 08:04 AM
YSU-actually making the playoffs, first time since 2000

lucchesicourt
December 19th, 2006, 03:34 PM
For UCD, it had to be beating USD, to continue the streak of 37 consectutive winning seasons.

DuckDuckGriz
December 19th, 2006, 07:28 PM
For UCD, it had to be beating USD, to continue the streak of 37 consectutive winning seasons.

That's damn impressive. Congrats.

MR. CHICKEN
December 19th, 2006, 07:49 PM
OURAH BIGGEST HIGHLIGHT.......WHEN BEN PATRICK.....SOMEHOW AGREED TA PLAY FO' DELAWARE...............:nod:.....BRAWK!

Tubby Raymond
December 19th, 2006, 08:28 PM
The Northwestern victory was without a doubt the biggest win in school history, but I think the highlight of the season was the game that Ricky Santos played at Delaware. It was one of the best individual performances by an athlete that I have ever seen.

Best individual effort of the season

AggieFinn
December 20th, 2006, 12:36 PM
Putting together that solid second half against San Diego for the final home win at Toomey. Especially the lick that Bryan Harrison sent to Rogan on the kickoff to open the 3rd quarter.

Besides that the whooping of Montana State at Bozeman, and of course the O-Line/Marcus Nolan inspired rushing attack developed against Southern Utah on Homecoming (and for the rest of the season).

http://athletics.ucdavis.edu/football/Photo_Gallery/2006games/game03_01sum.jpg

http://athletics.ucdavis.edu/football/Photo_Gallery/2006games/game07_01sum.jpg