PDA

View Full Version : Coach Klieman signs with NDSU until 2021

IBleedYellow
April 22nd, 2016, 09:56 AM
Just signed a nice contract.

Hopefully upped his buyout clause a nice chunk!

http://gobison.com/news/2016/4/22/football-klieman-signs-six-year-contract-with-ndsu-through-2021-season.aspx

clenz
April 22nd, 2016, 09:57 AM
Contracts always mean sooooo much.

It's a good move if he holds to it though

IBleedYellow
April 22nd, 2016, 10:00 AM

It's a win/win for both parties.

Coach K now gets more money to have "the best job in FCS football". NDSU gets a great coach, and better than that, a great man.

We also get to up his buyout clause, so when he leaves we'll be able to hire a committee to get him replaced with a good person for the job.

Bisonator
April 22nd, 2016, 10:04 AM

Exactly. Hope this doesn't turn out like the last one who sign a long term deal and left after 1 year.

F'N Hawks
April 22nd, 2016, 10:09 AM
One thing we know for sure via the Fargo media: he will only leave for a Big 12 job, minimum (just like Bohl).

IBleedYellow
April 22nd, 2016, 10:10 AM
Exactly. Hope this doesn't turn out like the last one who sign a long term deal and left after 1 year.

Yeah, I already brought this up on Bisonville.

However, I really like Coach K and I hope he stays around for quite a few years.

- - - Updated - - -

One thing we know for sure via the Fargo media: he will only leave for a Big 12 job, minimum (just like Bohl).

Nah, he'll only leave for the NHL, just like all of your fans believe.

F'N Hawks
April 22nd, 2016, 10:17 AM

Lame. xembarrassedx

Bisonator
April 22nd, 2016, 10:18 AM
Yeah, I already brought this up on Bisonville.

However, I really like Coach K and I hope he stays around for quite a few years.

I do too. He's a great coach and even better person.

IBleedYellow
April 22nd, 2016, 10:19 AM
Lame. xembarrassedx

Yours actually made it to the NHL though...so are your fans really THAT insane?

:D

centennial
April 22nd, 2016, 10:59 AM
Anyone know how much of a raise did he get?

Thumper 76
April 22nd, 2016, 10:59 AM
- - - Updated - - -

BREAKING NEWS:Coach K from NDSU accepts head coaching job for the Minnesota Wild. The absurdity of what that presser would be like makes me laugh.

SUPharmacist
April 22nd, 2016, 11:28 AM
Just signed a nice contract.

Hopefully upped his buyout clause a nice chunk!

http://gobison.com/news/2016/4/22/football-klieman-signs-six-year-contract-with-ndsu-through-2021-season.aspx

Definitely agree that hopefully the buyout clause jumped substantially. If/when the time comes for him to move on, it would be nice to get a decent chunk to put towards the next coach.

BisonTru
April 22nd, 2016, 12:33 PM

Yeah, if someone wants him they'll get him, and if we keep winning that probably will happen. If anyone finds the details on the contract they should post it.

I'm kinda numb after the Bohl swipe. If someone takes Klieman promote Polasek keep winning, JMO.

Professor Chaos
April 22nd, 2016, 04:07 PM
Looks pretty hefty, doubt there's a higher paid coach in the FCS right now.

Details here: http://www.inforum.com/sports/4015655-pdf-heres-details-chris-kliemans-new-contract-ndsu

Base salary of $300K with 4% ($12K) minimum increases year over year. Potential $50K per year in performance based incentives. On top of that he gets $25K per year in personal appearance fees and $65K for media appearance fees the first year increasing $5K yearly after that. He also gets a $50K bonus if he's still NDSU's head football coach as of 1/5/2019.

His buyout is $300K (or his base salary) prior to 1/16/2017 and $150K thereafter to the end of the contract term (1/15/2022). I don't think that changed much from what it was previously.

The contract includes stipulations that give similar performance based incentives to his assistants as well as guaranteeing that his assistants will be in the top 10% nationally in the FCS in compensation.

clenz
April 22nd, 2016, 04:15 PM
So his buy out is 300K right up until the start of massive coaching upheaval this up coming off season?

Right when the very start of all of the major shifts start to happen his buy out is cut in half?

Professor Chaos
April 22nd, 2016, 04:18 PM
So his buy out is 300K right up until the start of massive coaching upheaval this up coming off season?

Right when the very start of all of the major shifts start to happen his buy out is cut in half?
Most head coaching vacancies should be filled before January 17th. That merry-go-round spins fastest in early-mid December.

KPSUL
April 22nd, 2016, 04:57 PM
Looks pretty hefty, doubt there's a higher paid coach in the FCS right now.

Details here: http://www.inforum.com/sports/4015655-pdf-heres-details-chris-kliemans-new-contract-ndsu

Base salary of $300K with 4% ($12K) minimum increases year over year. Potential $50K per year in performance based incentives. On top of that he gets $25K per year in personal appearance fees and $65K for media appearance fees the first year increasing $5K yearly after that. He also gets a $50K bonus if he's still NDSU's head football coach as of 1/5/2019.

His buyout is $300K (or his base salary) prior to 1/16/2017 and $150K thereafter to the end of the contract term (1/15/2022). I don't think that changed much from what it was previously.

The contract includes stipulations that give similar performance based incentives to his assistants as well as guaranteeing that his assistants will be in the top 10% nationally in the FCS in compensation.

Here's some details on Mike Houston's JMU salary: Houston’s annual salary of $300,000 is $25,000 less than Withers made in 2015. But the former Citadel coach has retention bonuses built into his contract, which Withers did not have.
Houston, who made $210,000 last year with the Bulldogs, is not eligible to receive those bonuses from JMU until after his third season.
If Houston stays at Madison for three seasons, he is slated to receive a $75,000 bonus. After his fourth season, Houston would receive an additional $93,750, and if he completes the duration of his five-year contract, he would receive another $81,250.

BisonFan02
April 22nd, 2016, 05:26 PM

They mean more when your team doesn't win and no one else wants your coach.

POD Knows
April 22nd, 2016, 07:59 PM
They mean more when your team doesn't win and no one else wants your coach.

Brutal and less than 80 characters, awesome.xbowx

Bisonoline
April 22nd, 2016, 08:27 PM
Yeah, if someone wants him they'll get him, and if we keep winning that probably will happen. If anyone finds the details on the contract they should post it.

I'm kinda numb after the Bohl swipe. If someone takes Klieman promote Polasek keep winning, JMO.

Not Polasek. He dosnt have the chops for it.

IBleedYellow
April 22nd, 2016, 08:33 PM
I'd want Entz...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

POD Knows
April 22nd, 2016, 08:44 PM
I'd want Entz...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Don't know, I was negative on Polasek originally until I heard Wentz talk about the Bison O. It was pretty cool but O coordinators are seldom good coaches. The defensive coaches "get" the game which is violence and strength. Tough guys win.

BisonTru
April 23rd, 2016, 03:11 AM

I don't know. I love Polasek's passion. He just oozes Bison Pride. I also am a big fan of what he has done with the offense. He's added some nice wrinkles, but kept true to our power running game. When Wentz went down, I thought he transformed the offense perfectly for Stick.

My dream scenario, Polasek to head coach, Roehl to OC, and Grant Olson to DC (assuming Entz will follow Klieman). I don't know if Tyler or Grant are any good on the x's and o's front, but how could you not get pumped to play for that crew.

At the end of the day gonna have to trust Larson to make a good decision, and both Roehl and Olson are probably too young and inexperienced for coordinator positions.

Twentysix
April 23rd, 2016, 04:11 PM
I don't know. I love Polasek's passion. He just oozes Bison Pride. I also am a big fan of what he has done with the offense. He's added some nice wrinkles, but kept true to our power running game. When Wentz went down, I thought he transformed the offense perfectly for Stick.

My dream scenario, Polasek to head coach, Roehl to OC, and Grant Olson to DC (assuming Entz will follow Klieman). I don't know if Tyler or Grant are any good on the x's and o's front, but how could you not get pumped to play for that crew.

At the end of the day gonna have to trust Larson to make a good decision, and both Roehl and Olson are probably too young and inexperienced for coordinator positions.

I hope to god that you are not involved in the hiring process. This is how football dynasties are run into the ground. xcoffeex

Bisonoline
April 23rd, 2016, 09:27 PM

Keeping the power game? He had to get beat over the head with a 2x4 to go back to it. He has passion which served him well as a position coach. But you have to tame it down while in the both. He made some vital errors this year that a pee football coach wouldnt have made. Hes got along way to go before he is ready to take over the reigns at NDSU.

Bison Fan in NW MN
April 23rd, 2016, 09:31 PM
Keeping the power game? He had to get beat over the head with a 2x4 to go back to it. He has passion which served him well as a position coach. But you have to tame it down while in the both. He made some vital errors this year that a pee football coach wouldnt have made. Hes got along way to go before he is ready to take over the reigns at NDSU.

This here.

I like both Coach Polasek and Coach Entz but IDK if they are head coach material....yet.

BisonTru
April 23rd, 2016, 09:44 PM

Respect the opinion. Completely disagree.

Vigen will most likely be available after next season. I like the guy. He's from God's country, North Dakota, Hatton, to be specific. If we fire Polasek for Vigen, I'll need a few soap boxes.

Twentysix
April 23rd, 2016, 09:50 PM
If Wyoming doesn't make 6-6 this year, do they fire Bohl and his staff? I don't think I'd take him back anyway, but I'm curious. He has been just ****ing awful at wyoming.

Bisonoline
April 24th, 2016, 12:21 AM

Vigen will most likely be available after next season. I like the guy. He's from God's country, North Dakota, Hatton, to be specific. If we fire Polasek for Vigen, I'll need a few soap boxes.

They will not replace CP with BV.

Professor Chaos
April 25th, 2016, 09:52 AM

I agree, I think Polasek is already a better OC than Vigen ever was.