PDA

View Full Version : For you Rhode Island fans.....there are some of you on AGS, right??

FormerPokeCenter
April 21st, 2016, 10:36 AM
Great gesture by a former Rhody football player....Kudos to him and Rhode Island....and to Villanova's Andy Talley for kicking off his bone marrow donor initiative!

http://gorhody.com/sports/m-footbl/2016-17/releases/20160420f2vr02

Former Ram Kevin Mustac Saves Life of Child Via Bone Marrow Donation
http://gorhody.com/sports/m-footbl/2016-17/photos/Kevin-Mustac-marrow.jpg

KINGSTON, R.I. – Three years ago, Kevin Mustac was a sophomore on the Rhode Island football team when he received a phone call saying he was a potential bone marrow match for a young leukemia patient.

The family of the child decided to go with a different treatment option, but three years later Mustac once again got a call from the Rhode Island Blood Center. It was mid-December, and the same patient was in need of a marrow transplant.

Mustac admitted feeling a bit anxious the first time he received the call. However, there was no doubt what he was going to do when he learned the family was looking for a marrow match the second time around.

"When I got the second opportunity to do something amazing, I was 100 percent committed to going trough with it," Mustac said. "If I had to go trough a little pain to possibly save someone's life, it's an obvious no brainer."

ursus arctos horribilis
April 21st, 2016, 11:54 AM
Damn cool, as always.

Sader87
April 23rd, 2016, 02:25 PM
Great job!!!

Rhody, for whatevah reason, has nevah really had much of a football following. Basketball first school. Brown football actually seems to get more of the casual college football fans in Rhode Island.

RootinFerDukes
April 23rd, 2016, 11:14 PM
Great job!!!

Rhody, for whatevah reason, has nevah really had much of a football following. Basketball first school. Brown football actually seems to get more of the casual college football fans in Rhode Island.

When you're Fcs and you also don't ever win, it's easy for fans to quickly write you off. It's also New England where Boston pro sports reign supreme.

Ivytalk
April 24th, 2016, 01:21 PM
There used to be a Rhody poster or two on here. Biff?

MR. CHICKEN
April 24th, 2016, 02:36 PM
There used to be a Rhody poster or two on here. Biff?

......BIFF IS.....UH CITADEL FAN........(HE LURKED 4/18/16).......BRAWK!

.....BRAD82......MIGHTAH BEEN UH RHODY.....HE STARTED DUH.......RHODY GRAND TEAM QB.....THREAD...........BROCK!

Ivytalk
April 24th, 2016, 03:25 PM

.....BRAD82......MIGHTAH BEEN UH RHODY.....HE STARTED DUH.......RHODY GRAND TEAM QB.....THREAD...........BROCK!
Brad82 is correct! At least I got the first letter right...

and there is at least one more.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
April 25th, 2016, 11:35 AM
Cobblestone used to participate, he was a former URI player.

BTW, UNH is having their bone marrow scanning this morning. They've had multiple matches the past couple of years.

Catsfan90
April 25th, 2016, 11:42 AM

BTW, UNH is having their bone marrow scanning this morning. They've had multiple matches the past couple of years.
Just registered!

Ivytalk
April 25th, 2016, 02:08 PM

Cobblestone! That's the one! Good guy.

MR. CHICKEN
April 25th, 2016, 09:00 PM

....INTRESTIN' THING......CHECKED OUT COBBLESTONE...IN MEMBER LIST.....HASN'T POSTED/LURKED....SINCE 6/11/13....HOWEVERAH....UNDER COBBLESTONE ACTIVITY........UNH_ALUM_CT's.....POSTING LOG IS DERE INSTEAD....AN' IS ONE UH FOUR COBBLESTONE FRIENDS....LISTED..........EERIE!..............BRA WK!

Mattymc727
April 26th, 2016, 06:31 AM
I so desperately want URI football to be decent again.

MR. CHICKEN
April 26th, 2016, 06:58 AM
I so desperately want URI football to be decent again.

.....WE CAIN'T BEAT 'EM....WHILE DEY'RE BAD......xsmhx....AWK!

Biff
April 26th, 2016, 10:19 AM

You gotta problem with it? ...

MR. CHICKEN
April 26th, 2016, 11:18 AM
HEY BIFFY BOY.......GO READ POST #5...AH WAS JES' RESPONDIN' TA DAT........AH GOTS LOTS UH PROBLEMS......BUT SO FAR....YOU'RE NOT ONE UH 'EM....AWK!

Biff
April 26th, 2016, 11:31 AM
Sorry my sarcasm wasn't coming through. I felt if I was mentioned I guess I should make an appearance.

MR. CHICKEN
April 26th, 2016, 11:42 AM
Sorry my sarcasm wasn't coming through. I felt if I was mentioned I guess I should make an appearance.

......AH LIKE YOU ALREADY...BIFFY........REPPIES ON DUH WAY......xlovex.....BRAWK!

Go...gate
April 28th, 2016, 10:59 PM
Well done by that young man. And though I am not a Talley fan due to his contempt for the Patriot League, Talley's work in connection with this program is outstanding.