PDA

View Full Version : almost airplane crashes in FCS

Boogs
April 17th, 2016, 08:09 PM
Have any of you current/former FCS players ever flown on some cheap airline under pressure/constraints to get to your destination and flew through tornado like weather to make good time?

Did you guys have any second thoughts about transferring to the D3 level where you travel by bus for all of your games?

Curious to know if any of you had any almost Marshall-like scenarios.

Did any of you experience strong cross-wind landings? Is your football gear in the overhead compartment and did you get it out and suit-up early so-to-speak?

FormerPokeCenter
April 17th, 2016, 08:18 PM
McNeese had a game against Missouri a few years ago....they were using a new charter service at the time, I think, and the pilot went long on take off and clipped the lights at the end of the runway with his landing gear....

They flew around for a while, while another plane came over and inspected the landing gear during the flight...and they were diverted to an airfield in Arkansas...anyway...what should have been a three hour flight turned into a LONG travel day.

And then they got curbstomped by Missouri...

I'm thinking the plane ride had something to do with it...

Bisonoline
April 17th, 2016, 08:35 PM
Have any of you current/former FCS players ever flown on some cheap airline under pressure/constraints to get to your destination and flew through tornado like weather to make good time?

Did you guys have any second thoughts about transferring to the D3 level where you travel by bus for all of your games?

Curious to know if any of you had any almost Marshall-like scenarios.

Did any of you experience strong cross-wind landings? Is your football gear in the overhead compartment and did you get it out and suit-up early so-to-speak?

How do you come up with this stuff? xdontknowx

MR. CHICKEN
April 17th, 2016, 08:43 PM

Curious to know if any of you had any almost Marshall-like scenarios

..............PRETTY SURE..........BUS CRASHES.........CAN HAPPEN................xconfusedx.................. ....BRAWK!

Milkman
April 17th, 2016, 08:57 PM
How do you come up with this stuff? xdontknowx It's a bot...

Catsfan90
April 17th, 2016, 08:58 PM
How do you come up with this stuff? xdontknowx
I had the same initial question.....

McNeese72
April 17th, 2016, 09:08 PM
McNeese had a game against Missouri a few years ago....they were using a new charter service at the time, I think, and the pilot went long on take off and clipped the lights at the end of the runway with his landing gear....

They flew around for a while, while another plane came over and inspected the landing gear during the flight...and they were diverted to an airfield in Arkansas...anyway...what should have been a three hour flight turned into a LONG travel day.

Actually, it was diverted to some airport in Mississippi.

Doc

McNeese72
April 17th, 2016, 09:12 PM

KPLC story on the incident. http://www.kplctv.com/global/story.asp?s=13139643

Doc

FormerPokeCenter
April 17th, 2016, 09:34 PM
Actually, it was diverted to some airport in Mississippi.

Doc

As a dentist, I'm sure you can understand how easy it is to get Mississippi and Arkansas mixed up!!

Boogs
April 17th, 2016, 10:08 PM

Coach John Madden refuses to fly -- claustrophobic. Didn't know if there were any players that threatened to quit the team because of their fear of getting back on for a future flight.

At the FCS level, some of the players are flying for the first time.

Bisonoline
April 17th, 2016, 10:35 PM
Coach John Madden refuses to fly -- claustrophobic. Didn't know if there were any players that threatened to quit the team because of their fear of getting back on for a future flight.

Again---where do you come up with this stuff?

Milkman
April 18th, 2016, 12:55 AM
This is why I love this site. I learn things every day! I had no idea FBS players were only offered a roster spot if they had ridden on a plane prior to college. Who knew!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Bisonoline
April 18th, 2016, 01:06 AM
Just goes to show youre never too old to learn something stupid.

superman7515
April 18th, 2016, 06:04 AM
Again---where do you come up with this stuff?

I think it's that mentally retarded kid that was staring into the snow globe daydreaming the entire show St. Elsewhere back in the 80's. He's now fully grown up and someone recently gave him access to a computer.

MR. CHICKEN
April 18th, 2016, 06:55 AM
.......BOOGS......SHOOD BE STRIPPED.....UH HIS CHICKLETS.....xnutsx.....AWK!

McNeese72
April 18th, 2016, 08:23 AM
As a dentist, I'm sure you can understand how easy it is to get Mississippi and Arkansas mixed up!!

I'm trying to remember the reason I wasn't on the charter to that game. For some reason I didn't go to the Missouri game. In hindsight, it was a good road trip to miss, both the flight and the game. ;)

Edit: I think the problem was that they miscalculated the weight on the plane for the length of the runway. That is why they take only take off from Chennault now.

Doc

Sycamore62
April 18th, 2016, 10:33 AM

Ive mistaken a lot of their residents as former hockey players (pre-mast requirements)

ursus arctos horribilis
April 18th, 2016, 11:07 AM

At the FBS level a lot of the players are also flying for the first time.

BisonFan02
April 18th, 2016, 12:16 PM
At the FBS level a lot of the players are also flying for the first time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00SnnLnBQUg

BisonBacker
April 18th, 2016, 12:42 PM
Boog's reminds me of the kid who was all goo goo ga ga over the cheerleader at TCU (I think it was TCU to lazy to go back and find it). Whatever happened to that dude? Wonder if he didn't go blind spanking it to his fantasies. xlolx

superman7515
April 18th, 2016, 12:46 PM
Boog's reminds me of the kid who was all goo goo ga ga over the cheerleader at TCU (I think it was TCU to lazy to go back and find it). Whatever happened to that dude? Wonder if he didn't go blind spanking it to his fantasies. xlolx

I think you mean Garcia and this treasure of a thread...

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?160333-Ballgirl-on-the-Abilene-Christian-side

BisonBacker
April 18th, 2016, 12:48 PM

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?160333-Ballgirl-on-the-Abilene-Christian-side
You nailed it sup. That dude was hilarious and scary (in a freaky way) xlolx

Bison56
April 18th, 2016, 05:38 PM

That's a myth.

Catsfan90
April 18th, 2016, 08:04 PM
You nailed it sup. That dude was hilarious and scary (in a freaky way) xlolx
I'll never forget the excitement over earth hour. I wonder if it was because of the fact everyone shut their lights off for an hour, and it gave him an opportunity to sneak into unsuspecting girls houses....

Catsfan90
April 18th, 2016, 08:04 PM

The fact it made it to the attention of some ACU fans made it even more funny.

TheKingpin28
April 18th, 2016, 10:44 PM
Just went back through that goldmine. Worth the wasted 15 minutes

Hammerhead
April 18th, 2016, 10:55 PM
I went through that scenario, but not as part of a football team. We were landing at MSP in heavy rain and the plane was really tilting from side to side (not sure of the correct term) and may have even touched down when the pilot pulled back on the throttle to abort the landing. The pilot announced on the PA that we were going to try again and nobody made a sound while we circled until we were at the end of the runway on the 2nd attempt and starting to taxi to the terminal.

JALMOND
April 20th, 2016, 08:07 PM
What's a plane? xlolxxnodx

All aboard the BarnyBus! xthumbsupx

Thumper 76
April 20th, 2016, 08:56 PM
Just for my two cents on the actual topic, a lot of kids have barely ever if not ever, flown in a plane. It's actually a pretty good recruiting tool to be able to tell kids that you fly to your games. Think about it (I know most of you don't need to, but boogs) what feels like you've made it to the big time? Hopping on a bus just like when you were in high school (coach bus or not, still a bus) or hopping in a plane, which most likely you have done MAYBE three times in your life? It's not even close. There's been one guy I've heard of ever who was scared of flying like that outside of Madden, and it was some basketball guy I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

superman7515
April 20th, 2016, 09:10 PM
There's been one guy I've heard of ever who was scared of flying like that outside of Madden, and it was some basketball guy I think.

http://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/royce-white-comeback-nba-mental-health-anxiety-030515

Catsfan90
April 20th, 2016, 10:31 PM
I watched UNH blow a game against ISUr once. That was pretty much like a plane crash...

Boogs
April 21st, 2016, 07:44 AM
http://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/royce-white-comeback-nba-mental-health-anxiety-030515

Thanks for the article.

Curious to know how coaches handle this since it's slim to none it would be found out by the media.

It probably occurs more often then anyone would think.

AmsterBison
April 21st, 2016, 08:34 AM
Thanks for the article.

Curious to know how coaches handle this since it's slim to none it would be found out by the media.

If a team takes a bus from, say, Grand Forks, ND to Greeley, CO and back, there is at least a 50% chance that you will be eaten by C.H.U.D.s.

So there's that.

UNIFanSince1983
April 22nd, 2016, 09:39 AM
Thanks for the article.

He actually drove with a coach in a car to all the games when he was at Iowa State.

I have only ever flown one time (to Chattanooga, TN in 2005). I know what it is like to have that anxiety, but anymore there are plenty of meds so I think you could work around it.

POD Knows
April 22nd, 2016, 10:35 AM
This is the dumbest thread ever, please put this thing into trash can treasures. I see that there are only 5 threads that have been deposited there, how dumb and useless does a thread have to be to make the grade? This thread is the gold standard of idiocy.

Bisonator
April 22nd, 2016, 10:39 AM
Thanks for the article.

Probably like the A-team with B. A. Baracus. xlolx

Bisonoline
April 22nd, 2016, 02:12 PM
This is the dumbest thread ever, please put this thing into trash can treasures. I see that there are only 5 threads that have been deposited there, how dumb and useless does a thread have to be to make the grade? This thread is the gold standard of idiocy.

Ranks right up there.

Ivytalk
April 26th, 2016, 11:37 AM
Off-season.

ursus arctos horribilis
April 26th, 2016, 02:58 PM

You completely misunderstand Trashcan Treasures. Those are threads the original owner deleted and took away because he didn't like what was going on in them. It happened a lot but there were only a few fan fovorites from the oldern days that I could find at the time.

This would never rate that sort of quality. It is probably way too dumb be on the FCSD board but it's the offseason and sometimes the dullard type threads can be sort of fun.

MR. CHICKEN
April 26th, 2016, 03:19 PM
INANE @ BEST......&.......AH LIKE IT- AH LIKE IT......xembarrassedx......BRAWK!

BisonFan02
April 26th, 2016, 03:30 PM
You completely misunderstand Trashcan Treasures. Those are threads the original owner deleted and took away because he didn't like what was going on in them. It happened a lot but there were only a few fan fovorites from the oldern days that I could find at the time.

This would never rate that sort of quality. It is probably way too dumb be on the FCSD board but it's the offseason and sometimes the dullard type threads can be sort of fun.

You're a trashcan treasure!

POD Knows
April 26th, 2016, 03:35 PM

OK, is there another place called, "Threads to Stupid to Live" on AGS, cause this one belongs there, off season or not.

ursus arctos horribilis
April 26th, 2016, 03:44 PM
You're a trashcan treasure!

NICE!

Pretty sick burn. I got got on that one.

ursus arctos horribilis
April 26th, 2016, 03:48 PM
OK, is there another place called, "Threads to Stupid to Live" on AGS, cause this one belongs there, off season or not.

Yes, I have a junk thread in the smack forum I think. You just never know though POD. See, over the summer what happens sometimes is people start getting so amped up in May & June they will take a thread like this and just crucify a newb for stepping on his dick with something like this. We have to be very careful of shutting off what could be an absolute well of humor just because it starts out so silly we can barely stand to look at it.

I'm trying to MC this thing so we have the maximum party allowed by law here.

clenz
April 26th, 2016, 03:52 PM
I watched UNH blow a game against ISUr once. That was pretty much like a plane crash...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDssHJxS8Cs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJKiW3CMlr8

He actually drove with a coach in a car to all the games when he was at Iowa State.

I have only ever flown one time (to Chattanooga, TN in 2005). I know what it is like to have that anxiety, but anymore there are plenty of meds so I think you could work around it.
I've never been on a plane. I have, however, driven all over America from far eastern Kentucky to Vancouver Washington east to west and near the Canadian boarder down to a couple hours into Mexico

BisonFan02
April 26th, 2016, 04:07 PM
NICE!

Pretty sick burn. I got got on that one.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l1axm2VWx91qzz0iho1_500.jpg

****, I got you good you ****er! xlolx

- - - Updated - - -

I've never been on a plane. I have, however, driven all over America from far eastern Kentucky to Vancouver Washington east to west and near the Canadian boarder down to a couple hours into Mexico

#MVCproblems

344Johnson
April 26th, 2016, 04:17 PM

I hate flying. Terrible. I end up praying the whole way up to cruising altitude and most of the descent as well...so basically the flight from Fargo-Minneapolis is the worst thing I've ever experienced.

clenz
April 26th, 2016, 04:18 PM
I hate flying. Terrible. I end up praying the whole way up to cruising altitude and most of the descent as well...so basically the flight from Fargo-Minneapolis is the worst thing I've ever experienced.
It's not that I'm afraid to fly and chose not too.

I just haven't flown

BisonFan02
April 26th, 2016, 04:20 PM
It's not that I'm afraid to fly and chose not too.

I just haven't flown

I used to fly 4-5 round trips per month...over once a month minimum for the better part of 8 years. The novelty wears off... :D

Boogs
April 26th, 2016, 04:30 PM
Before this thread gets archived/hall of famed, was there any other near-miss flight stories other than McNeese State?

Thanks ahead of time to all of the non-haters that actually have a flight story to share.

clenz
April 26th, 2016, 04:42 PM
UNI landed in turbulent weather in Missouri 2 years ago in the middle of the night then had plane issues in the morning trying to take off from KC to Springfield

Got off the plane less than 90 minutes before kick off. Got dressed on the plane. Got right on to the bus. Walked into the stadium less than 40 minutes before kick off. Won by a billion and left.

There...magic story.

Back to **** the rest of us care about.

POD Knows
April 26th, 2016, 05:01 PM

You don't get out much do you. You should have hung with our crew back in the 70's and 80's. Almost got killed every weekend.

Catsfan90
April 26th, 2016, 06:23 PM

This was more like a Mack truck crashing into a smart car...

Bisonoline
April 26th, 2016, 08:10 PM

The Hall of Shame?

MR. CHICKEN
April 26th, 2016, 08:15 PM
...AH REMEMBER READIN'.....'NOVA MEN'S BASKETBALL TEAM....COUPLE YEARS AGO......WAS ON UH WHITE-KNUCKLER......HAD TA DUMP FUEL OVERAH ATLANTIC.....PILOT MANAGED....TA BRING 'ER IN........SAFE.....AWK!

...JAY WRIGHT HAS WASHED....DOSE UNDIES...IN EVERAH MAJOR BRAND UH SOAP......AN' DUH MEMORY LIVES ON....IN DUH BVDS.....&....HE STILL HAS DUH FINGER GOUGES....ON HIS FORE-ARMS.....FROM HIS STARTIN' BIG.............BRAWK!

Boogs
April 26th, 2016, 08:57 PM
...AH REMEMBER READIN'.....'NOVA MEN'S BASKETBALL TEAM....COUPLE YEARS AGO......WAS ON UH WHITE-KNUCKLER......HAD TA DUMP FUEL OVERAH ATLANTIC.....PILOT MANAGED....TA BRING 'ER IN........SAFE.....AWK!

...JAY WRIGHT HAS WASHED....DOSE UNDIES...IN EVERAH MAJOR BRAND UH SOAP......AN' DUH MEMORY LIVES ON....IN DUH BVDS.....&....HE STILL HAS DUH FINGER GOUGES....ON HIS FORE-ARMS.....FROM HIS STARTIN' BIG.............BRAWK!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1rprvofaRA

MR. CHICKEN
April 26th, 2016, 09:15 PM
......YER GONNAH STIR UP CITDAWG.......WHIFF CLASSIC ART....LIKE DAT........PEACE/QUIET....MAYBEAH OVERAH........AWK!

......IT WAS UH GOODIN'...DOUGH...........REPPIES IN DUH MAIL.......BUK...BUK...BUK...BRAWK!

Boogs
April 27th, 2016, 07:45 AM
......YER GONNAH STIR UP CITDAWG.......WHIFF CLASSIC ART....LIKE DAT........PEACE/QUIET....MAYBEAH OVERAH........AWK!

......IT WAS UH GOODIN'...DOUGH...........REPPIES IN DUH MAIL.......BUK...BUK...BUK...BRAWK!

Lol!

Boogs
April 27th, 2016, 08:05 AM
Delaware's new fight song when they play schools with dog mascots:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1rprvofaRA

verse 1:
Now that old hound is an awful pest!
He barks so much I get no rest.
Homely, as an old mud fence,
That ole hound dog ain't got no sense.

chorus:
Oh doggie!
You're gonna get your lumps!
Oh doggie!
You're gonna get some bumps!
Oh doggie!

HailSzczur
April 29th, 2016, 12:27 PM

It was on the way back from Providence
http://articles.philly.com/2005-01-13/sports/25436372_1_villanova-instrument-trouble-charter-plane

Mattymc727
April 29th, 2016, 12:37 PM
[QUOTE=clenz;2336860]

You bastard...

poly51
May 1st, 2016, 12:44 AM

John Madden did not like to fly because of claustrophobia which many people think was brought on by the Cal Poly football team plane crash of October 29, 1960. Madden had graduated from Poly in 1958 and had many teammates and friends on that plane. The crash was at Toledo Airport after the game between Cal Poly and Bowling Green. The charter plane took off in the fog and crashed on takeoff. 22 people were killed including 16 players. Former NFL, Southern Cal and San Diego State coach Ted Tollner was among the survivors.

Boogs
May 1st, 2016, 10:15 AM
John Madden did not like to fly because of claustrophobia which many people think was brought on by the Cal Poly football team plane crash of October 29, 1960. Madden had graduated from Poly in 1958 and had many teammates and friends on that plane. The crash was at Toledo Airport after the game between Cal Poly and Bowling Green. The charter plane took off in the fog and crashed on takeoff. 22 people were killed including 16 players. Former NFL, Southern Cal and San Diego State coach Ted Tollner was among the survivors.

Thanks for the info.

I'd be curious to hear how coaches nowadays handle flying concerns with their players...while their potential players are being recruited knowing full well you can't travel by bus for most of the games for the given school trying to sign you.

You know darn well the players are trying to "suck it up" in front of their teammates when they board a plane for the first time. If you look at their faces they're pale.

I wonder how many of them are saying "Airplane" movie references on take off?

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22389&stc=1

Twentysix
May 2nd, 2016, 01:51 AM
Thanks for the info.

I'd be curious to hear how coaches nowadays handle flying concerns with their players...while their potential players are being recruited knowing full well you can't travel by bus for most of the games for the given school trying to sign you.

You know darn well the players are trying to "suck it up" in front of their teammates when they board a plane for the first time. If you look at their faces they're pale.

I wonder how many of them are saying "Airplane" movie references on take off?

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22389&stc=1

It's actually pretty hard to travel anywhere from ND or MN without an airplane. Most incoming players have likely flown for years. Especially the farm kids who have pilots licenses. Idk about where you are from but around here loads of farmers and their kids have a personal plane that they use to **** around on their farm. It's probably more likely that a player recruited out of a huge metro has never flown, and exponentially more likely that a player recruited out of a huge metro cannot fly a plane themself.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22390&stc=1

The top 5 states with active pilots licenses are: #1 Alaska #2 Montana #3 Colorado #4 North Dakota #5 Wyoming. Rural rural rural rural and rural. lol

Basically, I'm saying you are an idiot in a plethora of ways.

Casey_Orourke
May 2nd, 2016, 04:35 AM
Not so much a plane story, but IIRC, back during the Glanville years, there was a news story about the Portland State team bus was returning from a game at Eastern Washington on either I-90 or I-84, where it was nearly involved in a head on collision with a guy was trying to evade police by driving the wrong way on the interstate.

superman7515
May 2nd, 2016, 06:55 AM
How about some last words from the data recorders then?

http://www.planecrashinfo.com/lastwords.htm

Don't miss out on gems like:

PanAm Flight 1736 in a mid-runway collision with KLM Flight 4805 on March 27, 1977 - 583 killed
"There he is... Look at him! Goddamn that son-of-a-bitch is coming! Get off! Get off! Get off!"

Aeromexico Flight 498 on August 31, 1986 - 85 killed when it struck a Piper mid-air over Cerritos, California and crashed into 18 houses
"Oh #$&* this can't be! Oh #$&* this can't be!"

Or this little ditty from USAir Flight 427 over Aliquippa, Pennsylvania on September 8, 1994 - 132 killed
CAM-1: Sheez...
CAM-2: zuh?
CAM-3: [Sound of thump; sound like 'clickety-click'; again the thumping sound, but quieter than before]
CAM-1: Whoa ... hang on.
CAM-3: [Sound of increasing rpms in engines; sound of clickety-click; sound of trim wheel turning at autopilot trim speed; sound similar to pilot grunting; sound of wailing horn similar to autopilot disconnect warning]
CAM-1: Hang on.
CAM-2: Oh, ****.
CAM-1: Hang on. What the hell is this?
CAM-3: [Sound of stick shaker; sound of altitude alert]
CAM-3: Traffic. Traffic.
CAM-1: What the...
CAM-2: Oh...
CAM-1: Oh God, Oh God...
APP: USAir...
RDO-1: 427, emergency!
CAM-2: [Sound of scream]
CAM-1: Pull...
CAM-1: Pull... pull...
CAM-2: God...
CAM-1: [Sound of screaming]
CAM-2: No... END OF TAPE

Bisonator
May 2nd, 2016, 08:21 AM
It's actually pretty hard to travel anywhere from ND or MN without an airplane. Most incoming players have likely flown for years. Especially the farm kids who have pilots licenses. Idk about where you are from but around here loads of farmers and their kids have a personal plane that they use to **** around on their farm. It's probably more likely that a player recruited out of a huge metro has never flown, and exponentially more likely that a player recruited out of a huge metro cannot fly a plane themself.

The top 5 states with active pilots licenses are: #1 Alaska #2 Montana #3 Colorado #4 North Dakota #5 Wyoming. Rural rural rural rural and rural. lol

Yeah if you've never flown with a bush pilot or crop duster you basically have never flown! That's flyin' baby!xnodx

344Johnson
May 2nd, 2016, 08:30 AM

I'll be honest, never met a high school kid with a pilot license. Know a girl whose dad flies a cropduster.

POD Knows
May 2nd, 2016, 09:02 AM

Also, the Bison always play 9 homes games so we don't get as much air time as the rest of the FCS.

TheKingpin28
May 2nd, 2016, 09:46 AM
Yeah if you've never flown with a bush pilot or crop duster you basically have never flown! That's flyin' baby!xnodx

I flew in a 7 seater airplane, yeah I had the tail section all by myself, out of what I can only describe as the most sketchy airport ever. Google the "Hite airport" if you want to see what it looks like. 300 foot dropoff if your plane does not get airborne real quick. Over the Colorado river. White water rafted down it from Moab to there and it was a fun week for the high adventure trip for Boy Scouts. This was about 8-10 years ago or so but I can honestly say I never want to fly out of there ever again or in such a small plane. The dips and rises were so much fun also very frightening.

Bisonoline
May 2nd, 2016, 11:43 AM
I'll be honest, never met a high school kid with a pilot license. Know a girl whose dad flies a cropduster.

I know HS kids who soloed after 10 hours and got there license after 20.

Bisonoline
May 2nd, 2016, 11:52 AM

Much truth in the above.

ElCid
May 2nd, 2016, 04:20 PM
How about some last words from the data recorders then?

http://www.planecrashinfo.com/lastwords.htm

Don't miss out on gems like:

PanAm Flight 1736 in a mid-runway collision with KLM Flight 4805 on March 27, 1977 - 583 killed
"There he is... Look at him! Goddamn that son-of-a-bitch is coming! Get off! Get off! Get off!"

Aeromexico Flight 498 on August 31, 1986 - 85 killed when it struck a Piper mid-air over Cerritos, California and crashed into 18 houses
"Oh #$&* this can't be! Oh #$&* this can't be!"

Or this little ditty from USAir Flight 427 over Aliquippa, Pennsylvania on September 8, 1994 - 132 killed
CAM-1: Sheez...
CAM-2: zuh?
CAM-3: [Sound of thump; sound like 'clickety-click'; again the thumping sound, but quieter than before]
CAM-1: Whoa ... hang on.
CAM-3: [Sound of increasing rpms in engines; sound of clickety-click; sound of trim wheel turning at autopilot trim speed; sound similar to pilot grunting; sound of wailing horn similar to autopilot disconnect warning]
CAM-1: Hang on.
CAM-2: Oh, ****.
CAM-1: Hang on. What the hell is this?
CAM-3: [Sound of stick shaker; sound of altitude alert]
CAM-3: Traffic. Traffic.
CAM-1: What the...
CAM-1: Oh God, Oh God...
APP: USAir...
RDO-1: 427, emergency!
CAM-2: [Sound of scream]
CAM-1: Pull...
CAM-1: Pull... pull...
CAM-2: God...
CAM-1: [Sound of screaming]
CAM-2: No... END OF TAPE

Yeah, once we finally got a cockpit voice recorder in my jet I was always worried about that. Ending up a smoking hole would suck, but sounding bad on the tape would be even worse. I never wanted to lose cool points on the radio or intercom. In most cases the stories people have where they almost met death in an airplane were not as close as they actually were and in others where they actually almost did die, they never even knew it. A little bumpy here or there or bouncing one on is nothing new and it is usually nothing.