PDA

View Full Version : Rings

Go Green
April 16th, 2016, 09:17 AM
Dartmouth's Big Green Alert reports that the players from the 2015 got their championship rings last week.

http://biggreenalertblog.blogspot.com/2016/04/ring-it-up.html

This year's rings are bigger than those given in the past. Indeed, almost twice as big.

Twentysix
April 16th, 2016, 07:21 PM
Congrats!

Boogs
April 17th, 2016, 01:56 PM
What if the players don't like wearing rings and would rather have something else, like a 10-year supply of free Firehouse submarine sandwiches?

Why does the reward always have to be a trophy/ring/t-shirt?

GAD
April 17th, 2016, 02:02 PM
What if the players don't like wearing rings and would rather have something else, like a 10-year supply of free Firehouse submarine sandwiches?

I'd rather have a belt like pro wrestlers

Twentysix
April 18th, 2016, 01:48 PM

Sometimes it's hard to transfer those kinds of benefits. I heard getting the San Diego zoo to transfer lifetime free admissions to founder's kin has involved court battles. I couldn't imagine how hard it would be to get Firehouse to pass on your free subs to your next of kin. At least players can sell a ring.

Go Green
April 18th, 2016, 02:37 PM
Sometimes it's hard to transfer those kinds of benefits. I heard getting the San Diego zoo to transfer lifetime free admissions to founder's kin has involved court battles. I couldn't imagine how hard it would be to get Firehouse to pass on your free subs to your next of kin. At least players can sell a ring.

There's also eligibility rules for underclassmen to consider.

Seniors can pretty much do what they want, though...

Thumper 76
April 19th, 2016, 12:15 PM

Why does every post you make have to be a negative or dig at something?

BisonFan02
April 19th, 2016, 12:33 PM

The members of the winning Pioneer league team will have Patty Viverito personally pay for each player's books for the spring semester?

Bisonoline
April 19th, 2016, 01:52 PM

If I were to judge him on the content of his posts I would say he's an idiot.

Mattymc727
April 19th, 2016, 02:15 PM
Has to feel awkward getting giant rings like this when you share the title with 2 other teams...

Boogs
April 19th, 2016, 04:44 PM

The airplane question was framed for a discussion about new players being fearful of flying and the counseling hat the assistant coaches take-on in relieving those fears. If that's not an acceptable issue to banter back and forth about for ideas that are practical as far as leading a team as a coach outside of the Xs and Os, I don't know what is.

I assume that's what this is all about?

If it's not that, can't believe anyone would be offended by an off-season discussion about the restrooms especially when there's no action other than spring games and weightlifting status reports.

You have a problem with a discussion about toilets? Really?

Thumper 76
April 19th, 2016, 05:07 PM
The airplane question was framed for a discussion about new players being fearful of flying and the counseling hat the assistant coaches take-on in relieving those fears. If that's not an acceptable issue to banter back and forth about for ideas that are practical as far as leading a team as a coach outside of the Xs and Os, I don't know what is.

If it's not that, can't believe anyone would be offended by an off-season discussion about the restrooms especially when there's no action other than spring games and weightlifting status reports.

It's more annoyance with the fact that every post or topic you make has a negative tone to it or some form of "does this hurt the FCS" in some ridiculous fashion. The topic of the plane crash at Marshall has zero affect on kids choice. None. I'd bet 95% of kids have no idea that it happened if you asked them. You were the guy who caused the "what don't you like about FCS" to be started. While that is more than a legitimate topic, and I've enjoyed it, you seem to take pleasure in bitching and bringing up negative non issues. So, I have a problem with you and the nonsensical negativity you bring, not individual topics. THAT was my observation I was conveying with my post.

Bisonoline
April 19th, 2016, 08:56 PM

Of all of the flying Ive done while playing I must say what you just posted is pure bovine excrement. Just freaking stop with the idiocy.

Boogs
April 19th, 2016, 09:45 PM
Has to feel awkward getting giant rings like this when you share the title with 2 other teams...

No tiebreaker?

BisonFan02
April 19th, 2016, 09:47 PM
No tiebreaker?

That would require too much football. Ivy League Football: Harvard/Yale or who the **** cares.

Boogs
April 19th, 2016, 09:58 PM
That would require too much football.

===

Head-to-Head, all three tied at 1-1

===

Final Ranking out of 125 teams:
4. Dartmouth
5. Harvard
20. Penn

===

Strength of Schedule out of 125 teams
16. Penn
39. Dartmouth
41. Harvard

===

Gotta go with the final ranking and award it all to Dartmouth.

BisonFan02
April 19th, 2016, 10:04 PM
===

Head-to-Head, all three tied at 1-1

===

Final Ranking out of 125 teams:
4. Dartmouth
5. Harvard
20. Penn

===

Strength of Schedule out of 125 teams
16. Penn
39. Dartmouth
41. Harvard

===

Gotta go with the final ranking and award it all to Dartmouth.

TL;DR....."The Game" You are overthinking this.

Boogs
April 19th, 2016, 10:20 PM
TL;DR....."The Game" You are overthinking this.

The overall ranking is consistent with the process used to select the PFL champion to the playoffs, if there's a tie of sorts.

PAllen
April 20th, 2016, 08:10 AM
The overall ranking is consistent with the process used to select the PFL champion to the playoffs, if there's a tie of sorts.

News flash: The PFL is very far from the center of the football universe.

Boogs
April 20th, 2016, 09:33 AM
News flash: The PFL is very far from the center of the football universe.

Oh, I agree with you 100%.

The point is the system should be the same for all conferences. I hope the other conference do not have the freedom to adopt their own rules. Hopefully, it's not like our delegate system to award votes to Republicans/Democrats that is wide open.

BisonBacker
April 20th, 2016, 11:25 AM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22359&stc=1

BisonFan02
April 20th, 2016, 11:28 AM

http://a.fod4.com/images/GifGuide/michael_scott/Michael-What-the-office-10400786-400-226.gif

IBleedYellow
April 20th, 2016, 12:50 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22361&stc=1http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22360&stc=1

Boogs
April 20th, 2016, 04:35 PM

Do you have a choice of getting a conference ring or a national championship runner-up ring? Or both? Which do you guys at JSU prefer?

Boogs
April 20th, 2016, 04:40 PM
The bird ring?

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22362&stc=1

PAllen
April 20th, 2016, 09:05 PM
Personally, I'm not a big fan of rings for conference championships. Although, if anyone's going to do it, the IL makes sense since they have no post season, and nothing to play for but the conf. championship.

I'm even less a fan of the "5 peat" rings. Unless you are a senior who redshirted along the way, you didn't win five championships. That's like the Yankees wearing a ring that denotes all of the World series wins they've had.

Bisonoline
April 20th, 2016, 09:09 PM
Personally, I'm not a big fan of rings for conference championships. Although, if anyone's going to do it, the IL makes sense since they have no post season, and nothing to play for but the conf. championship.

I'm even less a fan of the "5 peat" rings. Unless you are a senior who redshirted along the way, you didn't win five championships. That's like the Yankees wearing a ring that denotes all of the World series wins they've had.

Ive never understood the conference championship rings either.

andthehomeofthe-BIZON-
April 20th, 2016, 11:27 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22361&stc=1http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22360&stc=1

https://media4.giphy.com/media/RVQ4ZYJjKWmIg/200_s.gif

Twentysix
April 20th, 2016, 11:42 PM
I'm a fan of the 5-peat ring. If only that one makes it into an archive, a historian in 200 years can write about NDSU's mythical 5 peat because that ring makes it clear ;).

I can see how someone from a team that has never had a 5-peat would feel the way you do though. "Hate us cause they ain't us," kinda thingxlolx.

Bisonoline
April 21st, 2016, 12:53 AM
The players had input to the ring. If thats what they wanted Im fine with it. I didnt earn it . They did.

TheKingpin28
April 21st, 2016, 01:22 AM
They are peanut butter and jealous

But in all seriousness as Bisonoline said, if they wanted that, then give it to them. I know I did not earn one.

PAllen
April 21st, 2016, 09:19 AM
Not jealous at all. I'm not on the team, so I wouldn't be winning one regardless. I do agree that if that's what the players wanted, then that's what they should get. I just think it's a little tacky, but that's just my opinion.

Boogs
April 21st, 2016, 04:30 PM
Not jealous at all. I'm not on the team, so I wouldn't be winning one regardless. I do agree that if that's what the players wanted, then that's what they should get. I just think it's a little tacky, but that's just my opinion.

The 'bird ring' was painfully obvious. Can't believe the coach allowed that type of artwork to be used. And unless 100% of all players played on the team for 5 straight years occurred, it's ....kind of....dumb.

I remember back in high school when everyone was all excited about getting their class high school ring from Josten's after spending weeks reviewing which gem color and inscription to have. A month later after it arrives no one cares.

I got volleyball, softball and tennis trophies packed away in boxes plus other "attaboy" awards. I don't even care any more. It's the memories and friendships that matter.

The stuff I value the most is homemade cards with scribbled art from preschool family members. I'll never throw that stuff away.

BisonFan02
April 21st, 2016, 04:32 PM
The 'bird ring' was painfully obvious. Can't believe the coach allowed that type of artwork to be used. And unless 100% of all players played on the team for 5 straight years occurred, it's ....kind of....dumb.

I remember back in high school when everyone was all excited about getting their class high school ring from Josten's after spending weeks reviewing which gem color and inscription to have. A month later after it arrives no one cares.

I got volleyball, softball and tennis trophies packed away in boxes plus other "attaboy" awards. I don't even care any more. It's the memories and friendships that matter.

The stuff I value the most is homemade cards with scribbled art from preschool family members. I'll never throw that stuff away.

https://thewrenproject.files.wordpress.com/2015/02/trailer-park-boy-what.gif?w=300&h=225

IBleedYellow
April 21st, 2016, 04:41 PM
https://thewrenproject.files.wordpress.com/2015/02/trailer-park-boy-what.gif?w=300&h=225

On the East coast they play mens volleyball inside. Actually kind of jealous, I think that'd be fun to play in organized high school league.

JSUSoutherner
April 21st, 2016, 04:50 PM
For some odd reason they even offered these for us to purchase. $300 a piece.

BisonFan02
April 21st, 2016, 05:56 PM
On the East coast they play mens volleyball inside. Actually kind of jealous, I think that'd be fun to play in organized high school league.

http://rack.2.mshcdn.com/media/ZgkyMDEzLzA2LzEyLzRhL3doYXQuMmJkNzEuZ2lmCnAJdGh1bW IJMTIwMHg5NjAwPg/e959e4b1/5b5/what.gif

Southern Bison
April 21st, 2016, 07:16 PM

Mmhmm...so which bathroom are you using this week?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

BisonFan02
April 21st, 2016, 07:26 PM
Mmhmm...so which bathroom are you using this week?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

https://cdn.makeagif.com/media/8-17-2015/KAJCag.gif

HailSzczur
April 22nd, 2016, 08:14 AM
Ive never understood the conference championship rings either.

Nova football did conference championship rings. The basketball team does rings as well, but also does NCAA tournament watches. I could get behind a conference championship watch actually. It's something you could actually wear

IBleedYellow
April 22nd, 2016, 09:54 AM
For some odd reason they even offered these for us to purchase. $300 a piece.

Now that, I don't agree with.

Giant replicas, maybe. But the same thing?

Woof, bad.

EDIT: OH WAIT, You're the band. Nvm.

JSUSoutherner
April 22nd, 2016, 11:32 AM
Now that, I don't agree with.

Giant replicas, maybe. But the same thing?

Woof, bad.

EDIT: OH WAIT, You're the band. Nvm.
Doesn't matter if I'm in band or not, I'm not an OVC champion. I shouldn't get and don't want a ring.

IBleedYellow
April 22nd, 2016, 11:48 AM
Doesn't matter if I'm in band or not, I'm not an OVC champion. I shouldn't get and don't want a ring.

I meannnnn, I 100% agree with you.

I tried giving you the benefit of doubt (and an out, even!).

PAllen
April 22nd, 2016, 06:20 PM
Nova football did conference championship rings. The basketball team does rings as well, but also does NCAA tournament watches. I could get behind a conference championship watch actually. It's something you could actually wear

I could see a nice watch with an inscription on it, if done right, that would be pretty cool.

Offering the rings for sale to the general public, well, that just takes the tacky up a notch further. What's next, will they be available at the local Walmart as a "Summer Black Friday" special?

Boogs
April 23rd, 2016, 07:47 AM
The problem with a watch? They're obsolete and most people already carry an Iphone that was the time on its display shown.

clenz
April 23rd, 2016, 09:28 AM
I meannnnn, I 100% agree with you.

I tried giving you the benefit of doubt (and an out, even!).

Uerrrmmm

Didn't NDSU allow fans to purchase rings, even if replicas, not too long ago?

IBleedYellow
April 23rd, 2016, 10:01 AM
Uerrrmmm

I said I didn't budge replicas. Because you can't wear them...(they are about three times the size of the actual ring.)

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

BisonFan02
April 23rd, 2016, 10:02 AM
Uerrrmmm

Yup...and its really douchy. The replicas are not the same as the player/staff rings and are smaller too. I have no ****ing idea why someone would buy one. I think it is a Jostens thing.

Mattymc727
April 23rd, 2016, 10:17 AM
Now that I think of it. UNH did get CAA championship rings in 2014. At least they won the league outright though. Sorry Fartmouth

Catsfan90
April 23rd, 2016, 10:38 AM
Didn't the MEAC have like 5 champions one year?

clenz
April 23rd, 2016, 12:19 PM
Yup...and its really douchy. The replicas are not the same as the player/staff rings and are smaller too. I have no ****ing idea why someone would buy one. I think it is a Jostens thing.

IBY said they were bigger.

Also I bet there are a ton of Bison fans with them in their houses, at their work desk, and, tailgate stuff as we type this.

BisonFan02
April 23rd, 2016, 12:40 PM
IBY said they were bigger.

Also I bet there are a ton of Bison fans with them in their houses, at their work desk, and, tailgate stuff as we type this.

Point still stands....there were smaller ones you could order that were "able to be worn".

BisonFan02
April 23rd, 2016, 01:14 PM
http://www.jostens.com/apps/specialty/northdakotastate/fans/landing.mvc

There ya go....

http://www.jostens.com/apps/shop/images/product/pchmp/FAN_RING2_NDSU15_001/browse-575x575.jpg

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22360&stc=1

Any guess which one is the "real" one? xlolx

clenz
April 23rd, 2016, 01:25 PM
I didn't even know about this year's. I was taking about year 3 or so.

Anyone who buys one of those deserves to have loser tattooed across their forehead. Or "I have no real life and only love vicariously through 18-22 year old males"

BisonFan02
April 23rd, 2016, 01:33 PM

Anyone who buys one of those deserves to have loser tattooed across their forehead. Or "I have no real life and only love vicariously through 18-22 year old males"

Yeah....its been the same deal every year from Jostens....and I agree. xlolx

andthehomeofthe-BIZON-
April 23rd, 2016, 02:04 PM

Anyone who buys one of those deserves to have loser tattooed across their forehead. Or "I have no real life and only live vicariously through 18-22 year old males"

You just insulted 80% of AGS...lol

clenz
April 23rd, 2016, 03:24 PM

Good. It's ****ing creepy they way college and high school athletes are followed around and idolized by 30 plus year olds.

A team/university is meh but when you start buying replica rings, getting worked up over recruiting, following daily lives of the kids, etc... You deserved to be labeled a boarder line sex offender and have a restraining order placed against you. I'd rather my daughter go into a bathroom with Caitlyn Jenner, or whatever the **** he is now, than I would any NDSU football player get within 200 yards of people like lakes...and no it's no specific to NDSU fans.

Catsfan90
April 23rd, 2016, 07:45 PM
Good. It's ****ing creepy they way college and high school athletes are followed around and idolized by 30 plus year olds.

A team/university is meh but when you start buying replica rings, getting worked up over recruiting, following daily lives of the kids, etc... You deserved to be labeled a boarder line sex offender and have a restraining order placed against you. I'd rather my daughter go into a bathroom with Caitlyn Jenner, or whatever the **** he is now, than I would any NDSU football player get within 200 yards of people like lakes...and no it's no specific to NDSU fans.
UNH has a bunch of posters in the bathrooms warning boosters not to offer recruits/ players; gifts, rides in their cars, meals at their house etc..... I always laughed at this, until it dawned on me that creeps probably try this all of the time.

Boogs
April 24th, 2016, 11:22 AM

A minimum of 80%

Catsfan90
April 24th, 2016, 11:49 AM
You can't be serious. There's gay men in the UNH restrooms that do that stuff...? I wiz and then leave immediately. I've never seen posters on restroom walls, or heard any conversations in the restrooms remotely related to that. The only thing I've ever heard was "aaaahhhhh my pants fit better!" with everyone laughing after someone took a dump.
Do you read what you are saying before posting it?

clenz
April 24th, 2016, 11:55 AM
<another person offended by my dump joke>

Literally nothing you said was a joke. You're just an idiot

Catsfan90
April 24th, 2016, 11:56 AM
<another person offended by my dump joke>
No, I just have zero idea what you're trying to say.

Boogs
April 24th, 2016, 10:14 PM
GO FLYERS!

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22376&stc=1

Red beat white, 35-15, today.

Central State is next!

Catsfan90
April 24th, 2016, 10:28 PM
GO FLYERS!

Central State is next!

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22377&stc=1

Bisonoline
April 24th, 2016, 11:27 PM
Is that a playoff participation ring? xlolx

CFBfan
April 25th, 2016, 07:24 AM
and Fordham awards its players a participation ring for not winning the league yet getting an at large bid and losing in the 1st round,,,,c'mon man!

Boogs
April 25th, 2016, 08:38 AM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22377&stc=1

Is that a playoff participation ring?

and Fordham awards its players a participation ring for not winning the league yet getting an at large bid and losing in the 1st round,,,,c'mon man!

You guys are so negative...I think I'll send yall a private message with some spiteful language because I'm thin skinned and like to throw temper tantrums, my days of playing are over and I'm getting fat and bald. Cheese/whine (wine). You hurt my feelings. xviolinx

What are you going to do if Dayton faces North Dakota State in 2016 and beats them? It could happen. You never know. You can't dominate forever under FBS-like funding.

clenz
April 25th, 2016, 09:00 AM
What are you going to do if Dayton faces North Dakota State in 2016 and beats them? It could happen
https://imgflip.com/readImage?iid=112444

BisonFan02
April 25th, 2016, 09:23 AM
What are you going to do if Dayton faces North Dakota State in 2016 and beats them? It could happen. You never know. You can't dominate forever under FBS-like funding.

http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/whaaa_dean_supernatural.gif

Catsfan90
April 25th, 2016, 10:02 AM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160425/0bb08368dd9c3705b6b6d0d009dfab79.jpg

Professor Chaos
April 25th, 2016, 10:10 AM
https://imgflip.com/readImage?iid=112444
This thread has gone full retard.

POD Knows
April 25th, 2016, 10:37 AM
GO FLYERS!

Central State is next!

Did they get one of this too so they could stick it to there shirts

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22380&stc=1

Catsfan90
April 25th, 2016, 10:54 AM
Did they get one of this too so they could stick it to there shirts

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22380&stc=1
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160425/264d27be15db87f8e3cf40abf7fbfd55.jpg

Bisonoline
April 25th, 2016, 12:36 PM
You guys are so negative...I think I'll send yall a private message with some spiteful language because I'm thin skinned and like to throw temper tantrums, my days of playing are over and I'm getting fat and balled. Cheese/whine (wine). You hurt my feelings. xviolinx

?????????????? Nothing?

What does this statement have to do with the mickey mouse participation rings?

Wow just when I thought you couldnt get anymore idiotic.

Ivytalk
April 25th, 2016, 02:14 PM
This thread has gone full retard.

Full Metal Retard.

Twentysix
April 25th, 2016, 04:36 PM
What are you going to do if Dayton faces North Dakota State in 2016 and beats them? It could happen. You never know.

It would be historic for sure. To have a 20 game playoff winning streak snapped by a non-scholly school would be nothing short of historic.

Keep on keeping on LakesFlyer

Bisonator
April 25th, 2016, 05:00 PM
https://cdn.meme.am/instances/58426190.jpg

Catsfan90
April 25th, 2016, 05:45 PM
It would be historic for sure. To have a 20 game playoff winning streak snapped by a non-scholly school would be nothing short of historic.

Keep on keeping on LakesFlyer
They couldn't beat a lower level MVFC team at their home last ywar. That would be a big jump to beat the #1 team in the FCS the following hear.

Boogs
April 25th, 2016, 10:02 PM
They couldn't beat a lower level MVFC team at their home last year. That would be a big jump to beat the #1 team in the FCS the following year.

Lower level? If they were lower level they would not be in the playoffs.

The Flyers scored first against Western Illinois and hung with them for awhile.

Upsets happen. That's why they play the game. It's not a best-of-seven series. Team USA hockey beat the Russians in the 1980 winter games.

A perfect storm gets the win.

P.S. What's a LakesFlyer?

Boogs
April 25th, 2016, 10:05 PM
I'd rather have a belt like pro wrestlers

xthumbsupx

Bisonoline
April 25th, 2016, 10:22 PM
Lower level? If they were lower level they would not be in the playoffs.

The Flyers scored first against Western Illinois and hung with them for awhile.

Upsets happen. That's why they play the game. It's not a best-of-seven series. Team USA hockey beat the Russians in the 1980 winter games.

A perfect storm gets the win.

P.S. What's a LakesFlyer?

WIU is considered a lower level team in the MVFC. I cant believe they made the playoffs.

BTW the Lakes moniker is a perfect handle.

Twentysix
April 26th, 2016, 01:02 AM
WIU is considered a lower level team in the MVFC. I cant believe they made the playoffs.

BTW the Lakes moniker is a perfect handle.

It is. Be a little fair, WIU was the third place team last year, they held tiebreaker wins over UNI and SDSU. Their recent history has been a flaming trash can though, and they did have 5 losses before the playoffs.

bulldog10jw
April 27th, 2016, 04:30 PM
Dartmouth's Big Green Alert reports that the players from the 2015 got their championship rings last week.

http://biggreenalertblog.blogspot.com/2016/04/ring-it-up.html

This year's rings are bigger than those given in the past. Indeed, almost twice as big.

Shouldn't they be 1/3 the size of a normal ring?

chattownmocs
April 28th, 2016, 02:30 AM
Doesn't pretty much every school give rings for conference championships?

Go Green
April 28th, 2016, 06:06 AM
Shouldn't they be 1/3 the size of a normal ring?

Tiebreaker goes to the team that kicked Yale's ass the most (i.e., Dartmouth).

:)