PDA

View Full Version : Toilet standards & needed restroom renovations at FCS stadiums

Boogs
April 11th, 2016, 04:55 PM
Worst stadium to relieve yourself was City Stadium formerly used by the Richmond Spiders and the USL Richmond Kickers pro soccer team. There's a lack of engineering when you use the men's restroom on the visiting side of the stadium. You pee on a wall and if you're not careful it splatters back.

If you have to do #2, there was rarely enough toilet paper left on the roll.

Never any soap at the sink either.

How does your school rank in that area (no pun intended)?

POD Knows
April 11th, 2016, 04:59 PM
Worst stadium to relieve yourself was City Stadium formerly used by the Richmond Spiders and the USL Richmond Kickers pro soccer team. There's a lack of engineering when you use the men's restroom on the visiting side of the stadium. You pee on a wall and if you're not careful it splatters back.

If you have to do #2, there was rarely enough toilet paper left on the roll.

Never any soap at the sink either.

How does your school rank in that area (no pun intended)?

Excellent ****ters at the Fargo Dome, we even have TV's now so I don't miss a single minute of action while I relieve myself of the 15 beers I drank in the previous hour.

DFW HOYA
April 11th, 2016, 06:55 PM
From a Villanova fan at Georgetown, 2010 (a lacrosse game, but applies to football as well):

"I went to the G-Town/Nova game Saturday night. As we approached the stadium from the parking garage, I had in mind...posts about the lack of funding for the Georgetown program. I commented out loud that the stadium and field looked awesome, with huge buildings surrounding the stadium. Initially, I could not see any evidence to support the criticism from the Hoya alumni and fans. Then I noticed the chain link fencing, the construction gravel, the wooden ramp and the poorly constructed bleachers. I also saw tents, which I thought are probably used for the home and visiting teams. However, my biggest shock came upon observing the porta-johns. Then I began to understand and respect the frustration of the Gtown alumni. The final blow came at halftime. While the Hoyas players were playing their hearts out against my former team, I saw four of those Georgetown players in full uniform, waiting in line with me to use ......the porta-johns. I could only imagine a scenario more embarrassing for the players in the middle of a hard fought game. I, and other Nova fans simply stepped aside and allowed the players to go in front of us, as we collectively shook our heads."

melloware13
April 11th, 2016, 08:27 PM
Our wall is glorious.

Boogs
April 11th, 2016, 10:47 PM
From a Villanova fan at Georgetown, 2010 (a lacrosse game, but applies to football as well):

"I went to the G-Town/Nova game Saturday night. As we approached the stadium from the parking garage, I had in mind...posts about the lack of funding for the Georgetown program. I commented out loud that the stadium and field looked awesome, with huge buildings surrounding the stadium. Initially, I could not see any evidence to support the criticism from the Hoya alumni and fans. Then I noticed the chain link fencing, the construction gravel, the wooden ramp and the poorly constructed bleachers. I also saw tents, which I thought are probably used for the home and visiting teams. However, my biggest shock came upon observing the porta-johns. Then I began to understand and respect the frustration of the Gtown alumni. The final blow came at halftime. While the Hoyas players were playing their hearts out against my former team, I saw four of those Georgetown players in full uniform, waiting in line with me to use ......the porta-johns. I could only imagine a scenario more embarrassing for the players in the middle of a hard fought game. I, and other Nova fans simply stepped aside and allowed the players to go in front of us, as we collectively shook our heads."

I take it you don't see very many women at Georgetown football games. It would suck to have to take a crap in 80+ weather (August/September) and have to smell that "cooked" stuff.

Professor Chaos
April 11th, 2016, 11:09 PM
The problem is clearly due to the unknown side effects of artificial turds...

Thumper 76
April 11th, 2016, 11:29 PM
Really? 6 hours and no pictures from the NDSU crowd on the Jacks facilities? You bitches are slacking off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ST_Lawson
April 11th, 2016, 11:42 PM
Ours used to be pretty bad. Essentially porta-potties at one end of the stadium. When we rebuilt the east side stands just about 10 years ago (it was finished for the start of the 2007 season), they also built two buildings at either end of the east stands that housed much larger and nicer concession stands (previously used a portable trailer/food truck), as well as large and nice (for an outdoor stadium) bathrooms. They're concrete, but with a double set of doors going in and out to keep the hot or cold (depending on the time of year) out, as well as heaters inside for the late-season games. Honestly, they're not a bad place to duck into for a few minutes to warm up a bit if you're having to deal with sub-freezing temperatures outside.

I'm sure there's nicer ones out there, but they're nicer than most of the ones at the stadiums I've been to.

Hood
April 12th, 2016, 02:44 AM
Nicholls State's bathrooms smell pretty foul but always have toilet paper. I'm pretty sure I've never had to actually sit on a seat in there so I'm drawing a blank on cleanliness issues in THAT regard.

And I'll TMI post that I discovered I was lactose intolerant on a trip to Stephen F. Austin in 2003. Their facilities made the painful discovery have one less worry involved. Bad enough it was raining all game, at least I didn't have to worry about OTHER​ when making a bee line for the privy.

ElCid
April 12th, 2016, 05:36 AM
Our wall is glorious.

Ours is better.

MR. CHICKEN
April 12th, 2016, 06:47 AM
.....IN NEWARK....WE PEE ON DUH WALL......AT CHATTY....UH PAN.......@.....'NOVA......BEHIND DUH PIZZA TRUCK........:D.....BRAWK!

McNeese72
April 12th, 2016, 07:43 AM
It definitely the off season when we have a message string about stadium restrooms. ;)

Went a McNeese spring scrimmage Saturday. Either our defense is awesome or our offense sucks right now. I'm leaning towards the latter.

Doc

MR. CHICKEN
April 12th, 2016, 07:52 AM
It definitely the off season when we have a message string about stadium restrooms. ;)

Went a McNeese spring scrimmage Saturday. Either our defense is awesome or our offense sucks right now. I'm leaning towards the latter.

Doc

.....YER OFFENSE....IS IN DUH TOILET??.............BRAWK?

McNeese72
April 12th, 2016, 07:55 AM
.....YER OFFENSE....IS IN DUH TOILET??.............BRAWK?

Yep! That's what's clogging up the toilets at Cowboy Stadium! ;)

But it is early, yet.

Doc

walliver
April 12th, 2016, 09:55 AM
I'm just waiting to see if this thread veers off to the pressing issue of the day ... how will transgendered men who haven't had reassignment pee on the wall?

Thumper 76
April 12th, 2016, 10:58 AM
I'm just waiting to see if this thread veers off to the pressing issue of the day ... how will transgendered men who haven't had reassignment pee on the wall?

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160412/1a3346b3812a40dfae4d2e860f8d9c0a.jpg

Ivytalk
April 12th, 2016, 02:15 PM

Beat me to it!

/thread

JSUBison
April 12th, 2016, 07:14 PM
Really? 6 hours and no pictures from the NDSU crowd on the Jacks facilities? You bitches are slacking off.

Sorry, I'm just seeing this thread now for the first time.

http://pbr98.photobucket.com/albums/l254/bigsav03/IMG_20101113_104910.jpg?t=1289667343

McNeese72
April 12th, 2016, 10:06 PM
McNeese tailgating bathroom.

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1600/26334032391_b53105e36d_c.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/G83Nne)wvt06tgfreebeer (https://flic.kr/p/G83Nne) by Richard Martin (https://www.flickr.com/photos/115772304@N02/), on Flickr

Doc

Catsfan90
April 13th, 2016, 08:08 AM
McNeese tailgating bathroom.

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1600/26334032391_b53105e36d_c.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/G83Nne)wvt06tgfreebeer (https://flic.kr/p/G83Nne) by Richard Martin (https://www.flickr.com/photos/115772304@N02/), on Flickr

Doc
This should make the millenials happy! Sell it as your own microbrew maybe?

superman7515
April 13th, 2016, 08:40 AM

Sounds legit, I had a similar experience. I was an assistant trainer for the Hoyas one season and if you think the bathroom situation is messy, you should see the lack of medical facilities. We had this one Scottish kid, a real scrappy walk-on who was an inner city youth who never really had a lot going for him on the field. He just always seemed overly uncoordinated with basic stuff, like just watching him walk you would swear he spent the first 18 years of his life on a boat, but he was pretty smart and was an animal in the weight room.

The first day of practice, he goes out there and hits the tackling sled and just drives this thing back like he was in four-wheel drive, but true to form, trips over seemingly nothing walking back to the bench and sprains his ankle. We were just wrapping up the first week of summer practices when the kid comes to me and mentions he hasn't eaten all day and the heat is really starting to get to him, but he doesn't have any money on him. I said no problem, I can spot you, we don't need anyone passing out on the field or anything, which sounds like I'm being altruistic, but really it's just a lot of extra paperwork and I really didn't feel like staying any later than I needed to. So he says thanks, he just needs to borrow $3.50 for a burger and a drink at a fast food place across the way, so I thought I had gotten off pretty easy. $3.50 vs having to stay a couple of hours late on a Friday afternoon and then deal with DC traffic heading back across the Bay Bridge? No brainer, right? But then as he's walking away, I noticed he was actually a forty foot sea monster from the Jurassic era. I had been ripped off by that God damn Loch Ness monster.

Anyway, we ended up cutting him for lying on his school entrance application.

Sycamore62
April 13th, 2016, 08:44 AM
as for peeing on a wall, even after the renovations at U of Illinois Memorial Stadium, they still had the pee on the wall bathrooms in the south horseshoe.

ST_Lawson
April 13th, 2016, 09:40 AM
Sounds legit, I had a similar experience. I was an assistant trainer for the Hoyas one season and if you think the bathroom situation is messy, you should see the lack of medical facilities. We had this one Scottish kid, a real scrappy walk-on who was an inner city youth who never really had a lot going for him on the field. He just always seemed overly uncoordinated with basic stuff, like just watching him walk you would swear he spent the first 18 years of his life on a boat, but he was pretty smart and was an animal in the weight room.

The first day of practice, he goes out there and hits the tackling sled and just drives this thing back like he was in four-wheel drive, but true to form, trips over seemingly nothing walking back to the bench and sprains his ankle. We were just wrapping up the first week of summer practices when the kid comes to me and mentions he hasn't eaten all day and the heat is really starting to get to him, but he doesn't have any money on him. I said no problem, I can spot you, we don't need anyone passing out on the field or anything, which sounds like I'm being altruistic, but really it's just a lot of extra paperwork and I really didn't feel like staying any later than I needed to. So he says thanks, he just needs to borrow $3.50 for a burger and a drink at a fast food place across the way, so I thought I had gotten off pretty easy. $3.50 vs having to stay a couple of hours late on a Friday afternoon and then deal with DC traffic heading back across the Bay Bridge? No brainer, right? But then as he's walking away, I noticed he was actually a forty foot sea monster from the Jurassic era. I had been ripped off by that God damn Loch Ness monster.

Anyway, we ended up cutting him for lying on his school entrance application.

Damn, I should have seen that one coming with you first mentioned the three-fiddy.

Boogs
April 14th, 2016, 04:50 PM
as for peeing on a wall, even after the renovations at U of Illinois Memorial Stadium, they still had the pee on the wall bathrooms in the south horseshoe.

Pee walls remind me of an ancient Roman vomitorium.

Bisonoline
April 14th, 2016, 05:34 PM
Pee walls remind me of an ancient Roman vomitorium.

Youre that old?

RootinFerDukes
April 14th, 2016, 05:36 PM
JMU's bathrooms are great and have plenty urinals and stalls. Even on the old side, it's nothing fancy, but it's acceptable for "old fashioned public bathrooms". It does have the type of trough sink that you have to step on a bar to turn it on.

Now at UD, they have America's finest piss wall. I'll be damned if they ever close or demolish that majestic beauty. There's something to be said about trying to not splash one's piss on yourself or wondering if it's really the guy next to you's piss.

Boogs
April 14th, 2016, 05:41 PM
JMU's bathrooms are great and have plenty urinals and stalls. Even on the old side, it's nothing fancy, but it's acceptable for "old fashioned public bathrooms". It does have the type of trough sink that you have to step on a bar to turn it on.

Now at UD, they have America's finest piss wall. I'll be damned if they ever close or demolish that majestic beauty. There's something to be said about trying to not splash one's piss on yourself or wondering if it's really the guy next to you's piss.

The logo of your school's main rival should be painted on the wall multiple times at 3 feet apart. At a minimum it should have North Dakota State's logo painted on it at least once.

UAalum72
April 14th, 2016, 06:06 PM
Always nice to have the school mascot in the men's room, as at Alfond Stadium
http://www.basketballforum.com/photopost/data/500/medium/blackbear.jpg
(OK I had to be careful nobody was watching when I had a camera in the men's room)

TheRevSFA
April 14th, 2016, 08:53 PM
Nicholls State's bathrooms smell pretty foul but always have toilet paper. I'm pretty sure I've never had to actually sit on a seat in there so I'm drawing a blank on cleanliness issues in THAT regard.

And I'll TMI post that I discovered I was lactose intolerant on a trip to Stephen F. Austin in 2003. Their facilities made the painful discovery have one less worry involved. Bad enough it was raining all game, at least I didn't have to worry about OTHER​ when making a bee line for the privy.

I can honestly say I've never used our bathrooms. When it is halftime I go back to the tailgate to drink and use the portapotties instead.

kdinva
April 15th, 2016, 07:35 AM
Now at UD, they have America's finest piss wall.

CitDog will challenge that....

superman7515
April 15th, 2016, 09:50 AM
CitDog will challenge that....

So a pissing match?

BisonFan02
April 15th, 2016, 11:42 AM
NAME...........THAT............URINAL! xlolx

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l254/bigsav03/1017091454.jpg

Thumper 76
April 15th, 2016, 12:15 PM

I think is rather eloquent in its efficiency xlolx

BisonFan02
April 15th, 2016, 12:15 PM
I think is rather eloquent in its efficiency xlolx

#statelandgrant

Hammerhead
April 15th, 2016, 12:36 PM

I heard the suites have bathrooms like this.

http://www.thehumorcolumnist.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/love-toilet.jpg

Boogs
April 15th, 2016, 10:25 PM

Trick question. It's not a urinal. It's part of an ACME rocket wing tail that includes a seating section for space travellers like Wile E. Coyote.

ngineer
April 16th, 2016, 09:59 PM
Always nice to have the school mascot in the men's room, as at Alfond Stadium
http://www.basketballforum.com/photopost/data/500/medium/blackbear.jpg
(OK I had to be careful nobody was watching when I had a camera in the men's room)

Here, I thought they did it in the woods!

MR. CHICKEN
April 17th, 2016, 08:50 AM
......TOILET WIPE.........DOESN'T.....GROW ON TREES........BRAWK!

......GRIZZWOLD'S....DO IT...INSIDE DEY'RE OWN TWENTY.......AWK!

MR. CHICKEN
April 17th, 2016, 09:02 AM

....AH COOD LIVE......WHIFF HER...DOG LOG ODOR.....WOODN'T NEED...DUH GLADE PLUG-INS.....EITHER......;)....AWK!

Boogs
April 17th, 2016, 01:37 PM

The guy looks like a young Kevin Nealon from Saturday Night Live. The gal looks kind of like Loni Anderson from WKRP.

POD Knows
April 17th, 2016, 01:42 PM
The guy looks like a young Kevin Nealon from Saturday Night Live. The gal looks kind of like Loni Anderson from WKRP.

It is the love toilet

http://www.hulu.com/watch/61322

BigHouseClosedEnd
April 17th, 2016, 06:48 PM
I miss the City Stadium piss walls. OP is obviously a complete snob.

Boogs
April 17th, 2016, 07:32 PM
I miss the City Stadium piss walls. OP is obviously a complete snob.

Did you forget some of the stalls on the visiting side were missing walls? In other words, when you have to take a crap you end up having the privacy of a goldfish. That is not Spider Pride!

BigHouseClosedEnd
April 17th, 2016, 08:41 PM
Did you forget some of the stalls on the visiting side were missing walls? In other words, when you have to take a crap you end up having the privacy of a goldfish. That is not Spider Pride!

It's called 'character'.

RootinFerDukes
April 18th, 2016, 01:40 PM

This and wanting a smaller stadium were why they went to that track facility on campus.

Gangtackle11
April 20th, 2016, 12:14 AM
Villanova's West endzone project coming along. The facility will house The Howie Long Strength & Conditioning Center along with the football offices, meeting rooms, & locker room. A video scoreboard will be built on the left side of the structure.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22358&stc=1

RootinFerDukes
April 20th, 2016, 06:06 AM
Any word on if a stuffed wildcat will be present next to at least one of the urinals?

superman7515
April 20th, 2016, 06:26 AM
Any word on if a stuffed wildcat will be present next to at least one of the urinals?

Depends on how much she drinks in the parking lot beforehand.

Boogs
April 20th, 2016, 07:21 AM

That is kind of strange. Maybe that was just a Halloween prank and it's not permanently bolted to the ground?

McNeese72
April 20th, 2016, 11:56 AM
Villanova's West endzone project coming along. The facility will house The Howie Long Strength & Conditioning Center along with the football offices, meeting rooms, & locker room. A video scoreboard will be built on the left side of the structure.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22358&stc=1

Are there any public restrooms for use by people in the stadium in it???

Doc