PDA

View Full Version : Grambling QBs on Display at Black & Gold Game

GManFromTigerland
April 10th, 2016, 09:20 PM
http://www.shreveporttimes.com/story/sports/college/2016/04/09/quarterbacks-display-grambling-spring-game/82854188/

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Boogs
April 10th, 2016, 09:45 PM
Still wish all of the conference teams were united to the national playoff.

Move all of the league championship games and Bayou Classic to the last weekend or two of the regular season -- SWAC, etc.

That's how you showcase Grambling's quarterbacks against the very best in FCS through the playoffs.

The article mentioned a 7 on 7 drill. Did the scrimmage reveal what kind of offense will be used this fall?

GManFromTigerland
April 11th, 2016, 06:12 AM
Still wish all of the conference teams were united to the national playoff.

Move all of the league championship games and Bayou Classic to the last weekend or two of the regular season -- SWAC, etc.

That's how you showcase Grambling's quarterbacks against the very best in FCS through the playoffs.

The article mentioned a 7 on 7 drill. Did the scrimmage reveal what kind of offense will be used this fall?
It would be nice to participate in the playoffs but until the playoffs make adjustments to involve the traditional classics, we won't be there. Bayou classic brings in more money and more exposure to GSU and SU than any game in the playoffs would including the national championship game. If FCS administration was smart they would move back the tournament by one week, ask the SWAC to eliminate the SWAC Championship game and go with a season winner instead, and pull in the new MEAC SWAC game by making it an annual playoff game in the forst round of the playoffs between the two conferences. That way the games, Bayou Classic Turkey Day Classic and Celebration Bowl, still goes on and the you would have both conferences participating. There's a better chance of selling water to a whale than getting Bayou classic and Turkey Day to move. Too much money.

Now back to our QBs.

GAD
April 11th, 2016, 07:18 AM
Replacing Williams will be challenge, but Fobb has brought in some talent (got to keep my eye on the g-men)
And as far as the playoffs that was a bad choice by the ncaa, not SU and GSU they could have fix that in 1978 and 1979

GManFromTigerland
April 11th, 2016, 01:01 PM
Replacing Williams will be challenge, but Fobb has brought in some talent (got to keep my eye on the g-men)
And as far as the playoffs that was a bad choice by the ncaa, not SU and GSU they could have fix that in 1978 and 1979
After what we saw and from the Black & Gold Game and knowing what changes are being made I know we will be able to replace Jones. Williams. Kincade Cherry and Wright are all fire enough to keep us looking just as good if not better than last year.

As far as the playoffs, they can still fix it if they cared enough to include us. Til then Bayou Classic and the status of SWAC playing in the playoffs will stay the same.

McNeese75
April 11th, 2016, 09:19 PM
Fobbs will get it done