PDA

View Full Version : The System!

ASUSig
December 17th, 2006, 05:36 PM
Do you think there should be bowl games in 1-AA? You know, #1 plays #2 for the National Championship?

December 17th, 2006, 05:56 PM
... #1 plays #2 for the National Championship?WHAT????? Are you crazy??? The tournament is the thing. Do you want the FCS to be like the BCS?

Other bowls would be great for teams not in the tourney.

ASUSig
December 17th, 2006, 06:00 PM
Don't get me wrong... i like seeing the bracket and filling in ASU as the champs but...the playoff system cant bring in the money bowl games could possibly bring.

appisgreatest
December 17th, 2006, 06:02 PM
I think it would be a mistake to have a bowl games in the FCS. It would be an even bigger mistake to have a title game with the #1 and #2 teams in the title game without having to win three prior games in the current 16 field format. I think the playoffs is what makes the FCS so special...the politics are kept to a minimum. If two teams make it to the title game, they earned the right to be there.

Appguy
December 17th, 2006, 06:23 PM
How is it that these bowl games bring in all this money besides the obvious naming of the bowl. Wouldnt multiple playoff games pull in more?

Besides going against everything we(CS) stand for bowls wouldnt get the same advertising $$ since less follow our games.

TexasTerror
December 17th, 2006, 06:27 PM
Oy! How would you determine #1 and #2? Let the computers do it? Have the Old Guard do it? There's a reason there are eight auto-bids and eight at-larges that go forward to making the Division I National Championship playoff work...

Don't get me wrong... i like seeing the bracket and filling in ASU as the champs but...the playoff system cant bring in the money bowl games could possibly bring.

Do you realize the lack of money teams in FBS even make on bowl games? LSU is only making 3500 dollars from going to the Sugar Bowl, an hour's drive away. LSU said they would've had a $3.2M budget if they went to the Rose Bowl and would've lost a lot more money. If the FBS system makes schools lose money and still does not crown a national champion, how is any better?

appsfan
December 17th, 2006, 06:38 PM
No, I don't think we should have a bowl system. I like the playoff structure we have now. The best teams get to decide who is the champion on the field, the way is should be.

mistersykes
December 17th, 2006, 07:09 PM
I would hate for this to happen. Tweak the playoff system if you must, but only that.

james_lawfirm
December 17th, 2006, 07:22 PM
Do you think there should be bowl games in 1-AA? You know, #1 plays #2 for the National Championship?

There already are. We won. 'Nuff said.

89Hen
December 17th, 2006, 07:26 PM
It's perfect right now. :nod: :thumbsup: :bow:

ASUSig
December 17th, 2006, 09:09 PM
I'm not saying that we should go to a bowl system... someone on another thread mentioned it so I wanted to see everyones thoughts. In my honest opinion, I think BCS should follow the way we do it. I would like to coverage of our games though. Yes, we are d1-aa but there is GOOD football in d1-aa which needs to be seen across the nation.

SoCon48
December 17th, 2006, 09:12 PM

Except for the $$. The NCAA keeps the bulk except for those schools who lie and steal more of the pot.

Blueandwhitefightfight
December 17th, 2006, 11:44 PM
How about 2 bowl games in which the DI National Champion and runner up play in a BCS bowl? That'd piss some people off, especially if they beat a BCS team.

Old Cat Fan
December 18th, 2006, 12:46 AM
There is a punch line to this right :confused: :confused: :confused:

youwouldno
December 18th, 2006, 01:33 AM
This AsuSig guy is a clown.

ASU Kep
December 18th, 2006, 01:55 AM

:hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

I would tweak a few things about the playoffs we have, but we shouldn't and never will get rid of 'em. It's what makes FCS special, the highest caliber division of college football that decides their National Champion (currently Appalachian State University, btw :D ) on the field!