PDA

View Full Version : Bucknell @ Temple '19 or '20?

Go Lehigh TU owl
February 15th, 2016, 07:56 PM
Rumor on the Temple board is the Owls and Bison are working on a game in either 2019 or 2020. Could it be the first game in our new on-campus stadium?

Bucknell is Temple's most played opponent historically with 44 meetings. The two use to play for the "Old Shoe" back in the day. It was often the last game of the year....

Part of me is intrigued due to the historical ties between the two schools. But Bucknell, sorry Bison fans, is about as boring as gets when it comes to FCS football. Would any Bucknell football fans make the trip to Philadelphia?

Go...gate
February 15th, 2016, 08:20 PM
That would be a nice matchup!

Thumper 76
February 15th, 2016, 10:38 PM
Rumor on the Temple board is the Owls and Bison are working on a game in either 2019 or 2020. Could it be the first game in our new on-campus stadium?

Bucknell is Temple's most played opponent historically with 44 meetings. The two use to play for the "Old Shoe" back in the day. It was often the last game of the year....

Part of me is intrigued due to the historical ties between the two schools. But Bucknell, sorry Bison fans, is about as boring as gets when it comes to FCS football. Would any Bucknell football fans make the trip to Philadelphia?

I'm not very familiar with Temple football but the most played opponent only meeting up 44 times seems like a really small amount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go Lehigh TU owl
February 15th, 2016, 10:53 PM
I'm not very familiar with Temple football but the most played opponent only meeting up 44 times seems like a really small amount.

It's pretty reflective of Temple's football history. One, we don't have much and two, we've always kept ties with our regional brethren. Temple, like Rutgers, have always played big time football but played mostly Northeast/Mid Atlantic schools. Temple, Holy Cross and Rutgers were all similar programs until the early to 70's. That's when Rutgers and Temple started to get a little more ambitious while HC's schedules started getting watered down.

Bucknell leads the all time series 20-16-4

We've also played Penn State 44 times. I did not factor in this past season's win!!

Temple's Most play opponents, it screams "regional equality"!
1. Bucknell - 44
Penn State - 44 (45th meeting is set for September)
2. Boston College 37
Syracuse 37
3. Delaware 36
West Virginia 36
Rutgers 36
Pittsburgh 36

dgtw
February 16th, 2016, 05:09 AM
If Temple and Bucknell played 44 times, why is the record 20-16-4?

Go Lehigh TU owl
February 16th, 2016, 08:19 AM
If Temple and Bucknell played 44 times, why is the record 20-16-4?

Got my ties messed up...

20-16-8....8 ties in 44 games? That's a lot!

Lehigh Football Nation
February 16th, 2016, 11:04 AM
The good news appears to be Eastern FBS schools seem to be very willing to schedule Patriot League teams on occasion. The bad news is that there is a finite number of them, and Penn State and Rutgers aren't among them.

It may take the Big 10 a few more years to realize their so-called ban on FCS games are hurting their bottom line and won't hurt their chances at the CFP. Once that happens, Penn State and Rutgers will be back in play, and then things will really be good.

Incidentally, Penn State, Rutgers and Maryland are especially ill-served by the so-called ban. They are forsaking bus-trip guarantees to instead pay more money to ship in Eastern Michigan. They would get more fans, and pay less in guarantees, having Lehigh on the schedule. Again, it might take a couple more years for those numbnutz to figure this out.

bluehenbillk
February 16th, 2016, 02:03 PM
Why? I don't want to see Temple play them...ugh

kdinva
February 16th, 2016, 02:22 PM
.....Incidentally, Penn State, Rutgers and Maryland are especially ill-served by the so-called ban. They are forsaking bus-trip guarantees to instead pay more money to ship in Eastern Michigan. They would get more fans, and pay less in guarantees, having Lehigh on the schedule. Again, it might take a couple more years for those numbnutz to figure this out.

Ya think......even VMI would bring more folks to College Park or New Brunswick than the majority of the MAC schools.....

Gangtackle11
February 16th, 2016, 03:48 PM
I would think Army will get very popular.

DFW HOYA
February 17th, 2016, 08:16 AM
Ya think......even VMI would bring more folks to College Park.....

...or Georgetown.

Then again, it took 35 years to get a basketball series scheduled between the schools.

BucBisonAtLarge
February 18th, 2016, 11:53 PM
Philly is full of Bucknell alumni. People will show up. I think Bucknell is playing Army in 2020, btw, so I would guess we are talking about 2019. Two FBS games in one season would be two more than we played for the decade prior to 2015. Unlikely.