PDA

View Full Version : PATSY Ratings - Georgetown Class of 2020

Lehigh Football Nation
February 11th, 2016, 04:34 PM
http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2016/02/the-2016-patsy-ratings-no-6-georgetown.html

The Ratings (With 5 To Go):
GEORGETOWN - 37
FORDHAM - 34

DFW HOYA
February 11th, 2016, 05:53 PM
Who was the 3-star QB? Couldn't find one.

RichH2
February 12th, 2016, 07:33 AM
Hoya group a bit surprising. As usual good skills recruits. Credit to the Hoya coaches for excellent recruiting . The lack of schollies does not seem to have prevented getting a solid class.

breezy
February 12th, 2016, 07:40 AM
QB Brock Johnson is rated 3* by Scout.com.

DFW HOYA
February 12th, 2016, 11:25 AM
Did not know that about Johnson. Below is a post shared on another thread (for those who did not wade through the nine pages of NDSU and Jacksonville St. posts):

Georgetown doesn't make it into many discussions titled "most impressive recruit" because, well, it's not a destination for a lot of recruits. If you're under a 1200/1600 on the SAT, you're not on the radar. If you can't afford a $60K price tag without need based aid, you'll go elsewhere. The talent that it can attract from the Rivals and Scout lists with those numbers were often picked off by I-A schools who understood that Georgetown didn't offer LOI's and were fair game.

This year brings an intriguing prospect to the list--QB Brock Johnson from Mission Viejo, CA. OK, it might sound like the name of Paul Heyman's latest recruit to the WWE, but Johnson was a high school senior with 41 TD's and 3,605 yards as his team went 16-0 and won the CIF AA title in 2015. He broke the records of Mark Sanchez at that school; his uncle, Rob Johnson, played with the Bills and Bucs, and his dad Bret was the QB that succeeded Troy Aikman in the lineup at at UCLA. Brock was offered a preferred walk-on spot at USC but with a 3.9 GPA took the Georgetown offer instead.

You have to go back, back, way back to recall the last Georgetown prospect with such notoriety. That would be Aley Demarest, the New Orleans product who was so dominant after two seasons for Georgetown, he transferred to Tulane and then actually won the starting job there, only to break his collarbone four games into the season. Shaun King took over, and Demarest never saw the light of day thereafter.

Georgetown needs a new starting QB next year and six men are looking to compete for it. Much too soon to tell if Johnson is up for the challenge but he's an interesting study.

CFBfan
February 12th, 2016, 11:38 AM
you've gotta hope that there are some legit big uglies to protect him!!

RedFlash
February 12th, 2016, 11:52 AM
I realize this is a post about Georgetown's 2020 class, but just curious if any Georgetown fans have an update on Ty Williams. Did he make it back on to campus this semester? Still praying for this young man's full recovery.

Lehigh Football Nation
February 12th, 2016, 11:55 AM
I realize this is a post about Georgetown's 2020 class, but just curious if any Georgetown fans have an update on Ty Williams. Did he make it back on to campus this semester? Still praying for this young man's full recovery.

Hijacking a Georgetown thread? Shame on you! :D

RedFlash
February 12th, 2016, 12:03 PM
Forgive me LFN, for I have sinned ...

DFW HOYA
February 12th, 2016, 01:17 PM

http://towncourier.com/the-road-to-recovery-brings-ty-williams-back-home/

Gater
February 12th, 2016, 02:07 PM
Thanks for the article, DFW. He sounds like a pretty amazing kid. If you can, please post if you hear anything more about him down the road. Will be rooting for him.

Model Citizen
February 12th, 2016, 07:15 PM
Here's your link to the three star rating. Scout has decided to differentiate itself from Rivals by using four pointed stars, swiped from a nativity scene.

http://www.scout.com/college/football/recruiting/story/1599391-qb-brock-johnson-making-big-strides (http://www.scout.com/college/football/recruiting/story/1599391-qb-brock-johnson-making-big-strides)

Go...gate
February 13th, 2016, 10:32 PM
Forgive me LFN, for I have sinned ...

AGS is a full-service website. We can even receive the Sacrament of Penance! xprayx xthumbsupx

RedFlash
February 15th, 2016, 09:29 AM
http://towncourier.com/the-road-to-recovery-brings-ty-williams-back-home/

Thanks for the update!

jsualumnus
February 15th, 2016, 09:47 AM
Did not know that about Johnson. Below is a post shared on another thread (for those who did not wade through the nine pages of NDSU and Jacksonville St. posts):

Georgetown doesn't make it into many discussions titled "most impressive recruit" because, well, it's not a destination for a lot of recruits. If you're under a 1200/1600 on the SAT, you're not on the radar. If you can't afford a $60K price tag without need based aid, you'll go elsewhere. The talent that it can attract from the Rivals and Scout lists with those numbers were often picked off by I-A schools who understood that Georgetown didn't offer LOI's and were fair game.

This year brings an intriguing prospect to the list--QB Brock Johnson from Mission Viejo, CA. OK, it might sound like the name of Paul Heyman's latest recruit to the WWE, but Johnson was a high school senior with 41 TD's and 3,605 yards as his team went 16-0 and won the CIF AA title in 2015. He broke the records of Mark Sanchez at that school; his uncle, Rob Johnson, played with the Bills and Bucs, and his dad Bret was the QB that succeeded Troy Aikman in the lineup at at UCLA. Brock was offered a preferred walk-on spot at USC but with a 3.9 GPA took the Georgetown offer instead.

You have to go back, back, way back to recall the last Georgetown prospect with such notoriety. That would be Aley Demarest, the New Orleans product who was so dominant after two seasons for Georgetown, he transferred to Tulane and then actually won the starting job there, only to break his collarbone four games into the season. Shaun King took over, and Demarest never saw the light of day thereafter.

Georgetown needs a new starting QB next year and six men are looking to compete for it. Much too soon to tell if Johnson is up for the challenge but he's an interesting study.

Funny... I would agree on some threads that you'd have to wade through the pages of NDSU and Jax State comments, but I just didn't see those two schools taking over the Most Impressive Recruit thread. Don't get me wrong; I know where you are coming from on that, but it caught me by surprise as there are way more SD, SHSU, and other schools talking about their recruits then the norm.....for once! Congrats to Georgetown for landing some studs...