PDA

View Full Version : 2017: Richmond @ Sam Houston St.

kdinva
February 11th, 2016, 01:21 PM
....after Boston College backed out of their matchup w/UR.....no mention (yet) of SHSU coming to Richmond.....

http://www.richmond.com/sports/article_92052552-1969-5ed0-8227-9c95acd93092.html

bostonspider
February 11th, 2016, 01:46 PM
I think it is just a one and done with SHSU... As a Bostonian, I was really looking forward to the Spiders coming to town next year.

bostonspider
February 11th, 2016, 01:51 PM
But maybe this can be one of the FCS kickoff games in 2017

ursus arctos horribilis
February 11th, 2016, 02:02 PM

That would be a great one.

This is another really cool cross conference matchup. A tip of the cap to the admins at both schools for getting it done. Hope we get a return out of it to double up the fun. I know that stuff is very tough right now in the SLC so maybe it needs to be massaged a bit to make the schedule work out.

I'm still mourning the loss of our McNeese game.

bostonspider
February 11th, 2016, 02:03 PM
UR will still be heading to BC in 2019, but no FBS game in 2017. I hope this was not too big a hit to the budget.

kdinva
February 11th, 2016, 02:05 PM
UR will still be heading to BC in 2019, but no FBS game in 2017. I hope this was not too big a hit to the budget.

BC should pay UR for the buyout, at least enough to cover the expenses of that charter flight to Texas, etc....

Daytripper
February 11th, 2016, 02:06 PM

Very likely. Why else would they schedule it for a Thursday night?

SFspidur
February 11th, 2016, 02:06 PM
Game is Thursday 8/31...seems ripe for an FCS showcase broadcast.

Sammy94
February 11th, 2016, 02:10 PM
Awesome news.

F'N Hawks
February 11th, 2016, 02:22 PM
Awesome news.

Wonder who you guys play the next week? Being this game is at home and UND is on the road Week 1.......

PurpleStreamers
February 11th, 2016, 02:36 PM
Great matchup for FCS! Good on both schools and their ADs. JMU will continue playing the least entertaining OOC schedule ever like usual other than our FBS $ games.

BigHouseClosedEnd
February 11th, 2016, 03:06 PM
Great matchup for FCS! Good on both schools and their ADs. JMU will continue playing the least entertaining OOC schedule ever like usual other than our FBS $ games.

I feel good about this game. Seeing a JMU supporter use it as another reason to rip JMU administration makes me feel even better about it.

ursus arctos horribilis
February 11th, 2016, 03:14 PM

I always thought Montana and JMU would start getting together every once in a while considering the great games we had in the playoffs. Just seemed like a pretty natural start to something for some great OOC matches.

Daytripper
February 11th, 2016, 03:42 PM
I always thought Montana and JMU would start getting together every once in a while considering the great games we had in the playoffs. Just seemed like a pretty natural start to something for some great OOC matches.

I think McNeese v. Jacksonville State would be a very regional, excellent match up.

melloware13
February 11th, 2016, 04:13 PM
8/31 would be Week 1, we're scheduled to share a field with Del State 9/2/17. Our other OOC FBS game that year is Cornell xthumbsdownx

katstrapper
February 11th, 2016, 04:50 PM
This will make for better non-conference schedule for the Kats in 2017. Kats are also supposed to play New Mexico in 2017, a game that was moved from this year. Looking forward to the Spiders coming down to Bowers Stadium. Should be nice and hot, even at night.

bostonspider
February 11th, 2016, 04:54 PM
I don't assume it will be that much hotter or more humid than Richmond in August.

UNHWildcat18
February 11th, 2016, 05:02 PM

I hear you man, UNH will plays an FBS game, a boring patriot league team. Then an even more boring blowout vs an NEC team.

andthehomeofthe-BIZON-
February 11th, 2016, 06:40 PM
Awesome match up!But I wonder which SHSU will show up?? They always seem to look like white dog crap early and then really turn it on late.

TheRevSFA
February 11th, 2016, 07:13 PM
I don't assume it will be that much hotter or more humid than Richmond in August.

You assume incorrectly

PAllen
February 11th, 2016, 07:27 PM
8/31 would be Week 1, we're scheduled to share a field with Del State 9/2/17. Our other OOC FBS game that year is Cornell xthumbsdownx

Well when you demand that all FCS ooc be at your place, then your pickings get mighty slim unless you're willing to pay FBS type garauntee money.

PAllen
February 11th, 2016, 07:29 PM
You assume incorrectly

It can't get much hotter than 105 with 98% humidity.

TheRevSFA
February 11th, 2016, 07:34 PM
It can't get much hotter than 105 with 98% humidity.

That's Texas summer

TexasTerror
February 11th, 2016, 10:05 PM
This will make for better non-conference schedule for the Kats in 2017. Kats are also supposed to play New Mexico in 2017, a game that was moved from this year. Looking forward to the Spiders coming down to Bowers Stadium. Should be nice and hot, even at night.

Not according to UNM which has Abilene Christian on the slate. SHSU playing a SWAC school from what I gather.

Thumper 76
February 11th, 2016, 10:21 PM
That's Texas summer

I love weather trash talk xlolx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheRevSFA
February 11th, 2016, 10:35 PM
I love weather trash talk xlolx

you gotta bring it early

Thumper 76
February 11th, 2016, 10:37 PM
you gotta bring it early

I love it. It gets really heated sometimes :D

jmufan999
February 12th, 2016, 07:39 AM

I think JMU's position is this: if we're going to play a good team OOC, they either need to be within driving distance OR we need to be getting paid for it. it's not totally crazy, as much as some JMU fans hate it.

MR. CHICKEN
February 12th, 2016, 10:36 AM
Well when you demand that all FCS ooc be at your place, then your pickings get mighty slim unless you're willing to pay FBS type garauntee money.

......WE'RE PLAYIN'........OURAH 3rd....OOC....LAFAYETTE....ON DUH ROAD.....HENCE.....OWN-LAH 5 HOMERS DIS SEASON.....:(........BRAWK!

JSUSoutherner
February 12th, 2016, 11:05 AM
I think McNeese v. Jacksonville State would be a very regional, excellent match up.
Not sure McNeese would agree to that one.

PurpleStreamers
February 12th, 2016, 03:15 PM

Our fans would LOVE that and we thought the same thing (especially after we lost our old OOC foil crAppy St. It's our admin that stands diametrically opposed to creative thinking of any kind. I would be so excited to make a trip to Missoula

katstrapper
February 13th, 2016, 09:14 AM
Awesome match up!But I wonder which SHSU will show up?? They always seem to look like white dog crap early and then really turn it on late.

A thursday night game should bring a great crowd, especially if it turns out to be a national broadcast which should get the team going. Kats dont normally lay their eggs until game 2 or 3. 😂

caribbeanhen
February 13th, 2016, 09:30 AM
I like the match up, but Sammy at Delaware would be even better....

McNeese75
February 13th, 2016, 10:22 AM
Not sure McNeese would agree to that one.

xeyebrowx And what makes you say that? We are not the ones that bailed from the SLC. I would sure rather play JSU than getting donkey konged by Northern Iowa again in that box they call a stadium xlolx

McNeese75
February 13th, 2016, 10:24 AM

Whaaaaaaaaaat??? That southern speed would crucify the Blue Chickens xpeacex

TheRevSFA
February 13th, 2016, 10:31 AM
If this is a Thursday game I may drive up to prison town after work to watch

32counter
February 13th, 2016, 02:05 PM

Host Hens lost to Pioneer Football League member Jacksonville U in 2015.Sam Houston could bring their JV squad to Newark for a 30 point win.Please.

PAllen
February 13th, 2016, 02:30 PM
......WE'RE PLAYIN'........OURAH 3rd....OOC....LAFAYETTE....ON DUH ROAD.....HENCE.....OWN-LAH 5 HOMERS DIS SEASON.....:(........BRAWK!

And how many games did Lafayette have to agree to play at the Tub before you would return a single game?

caribbeanhen
February 14th, 2016, 08:37 AM
Host Hens lost to Pioneer Football League member Jacksonville U in 2015.Sam Houston could bring their JV squad to Newark for a 30 point win.Please.

they did lose to Jacksonville, the suggested match up had everything to do with bringing your coach back to Newark ..... by the way, Sammy would not romp over Delaware, our D would keep us in the game no doubt!

Gangtackle11
February 14th, 2016, 11:39 AM
Whaaaaaaaaaat??? That southern speed would crucify the Blue Chickens xpeacex

I have a lot respect for FCS football around the country. I saw a strong SHSU team come to Nova and win a squeaker 34-31 in '14.

We played without the Walter Payton award winner John Robertson that day.

Excellent team was SHSU, but I'm not sure I saw the southern speed difference you write about here.

McNeese75
February 14th, 2016, 01:30 PM
My post was dripping with sarcasm

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

Gangtackle11
February 14th, 2016, 02:56 PM
My post was dripping with sarcasm

Gotcha. Say hi to John Rudd if you see him down your way.

McNeese75
February 14th, 2016, 03:06 PM
Will do, i see Big John often

YoUDeeMan
February 15th, 2016, 09:19 AM
they did lose to Jacksonville, the suggested match up had everything to do with bringing your coach back to Newark ..... by the way, Sammy would not romp over Delaware, our D would keep us in the game no doubt!

33-3 is very possible.

We played a pathetic schedule last year that padded our D stats (especially with JMU missing their QB). And our O kept the ball for a while, so our D benefited from that.

We saw what happened when smart coaches took advantage of our weakness and didn't allow us to run. UNC lit up our supposedly good defense, so did Towson. Luckily we played some dogs, so our defense looked better than it was.

2016? We lose our best DL and two other very experienced DLs. Will the young guys step up? Maybe. Do we have some good LBs? Yeah. Our DBs can tackle better, but they continue to get burned...and that was by some pretty bad passing teams. Without a pass rush, the DBs get exposed again, so we better hope that our young DLs have some talent that they didn't have last year.

And we still have Weaver. That clown will once again figure out a way to lose games.

Unfortunately, 2016 looks to be a another mediocre year at UD.

What the GoHens Crock Jocks aren't saying is that Brock absolutely, despite what he publicly says, knows he doesn't have a QB...that is why he tried hard, and failed miserably, to get a transfer QB.

Seriously, why would Brock, who already has a transfer QB (Rankin, a SR), his prized high school recruit (Walker, a SO), and his other prized high school recruit (Kehoe, a RS FR), try to get a transfer QB if Brock was confident that Walker would progress? Was the transfer going to play only this year, so that Walker would be the man for his JR and SR seasons?

We'll try to ram the ball down everyone's throat...and then hope Walker can complete a pass to his pathetic WR crop. Load the box and UD will not be able to score much. Our D will break down...count on it.

bluehenbillk
February 15th, 2016, 09:38 AM
The days of UD just playing OOC home games are over, at least for now. UD gets about 12,000 paid seats per game nowadays, if that.

Lafayette is on the road this year, part of a 2-1 deal.

Look for more, especially if any of the ACC scheduled games fall apart.

caribbeanhen
February 15th, 2016, 09:43 AM
33-3 is very possible. We played a pathetic schedule last year that padded our D stats (especially with JMU missing their QB). And our O kept the ball for a while, so our D benefited from that. We saw what happened when smart coaches took advantage of our weakness and didn't allow us to run. UNC lit up our supposedly good defense, so did Towson. Luckily we played some dogs, so our defense looked better than it was.2016? We lose our best DL and two other very experienced DLs. Will the young guys step up? Maybe. Do we have some good LBs? Yeah. Our DBs can tackle better, but they continue to get burned...and that was by some pretty bad passing teams. Without a pass rush, the DBs get exposed again, so we better hope that our young DLs have some talent that they didn't have last year.And we still have Weaver. That clown will once again figure out a way to lose games. Unfortunately, 2016 looks to be a another mediocre year at UD. What the GoHens Crock Jocks aren't saying is that Brock absolutely, despite what he publicly says, knows he doesn't have a QB...that is why he tried hard, and failed miserably, to get a transfer QB. Seriously, why would Brock, who already has a transfer QB (Rankin, a SR), his prized high school recruit (Walker, a SO), and his other prized high school recruit (Kehoe, a RS FR), try to get a transfer QB if Brock was confident that Walker would progress? Was the transfer going to play only this year, so that Walker would be the man for his JR and SR seasons? We'll try to ram the ball down everyone's throat...and then hope Walker can complete a pass to his pathetic WR crop. Load the box and UD will not be able to score much. Our D will break down...count on it.Just posted on gohens but fits here after Clucks post Caribbean Hen on Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:19 am 72 Hen wrote:Thanks for posting. I believe this will give us some interesting FOOTBALL to discuss. I see a lot of interesting competition. Just a few thoughts to get us started.1- Troy Reeder - On his recruiting bio from the UD he is listed as being 6'2" 250 pounds and his position is inside linebacker. Charles Bell, IMO, was our best LB last year and he is presently listed as our ILB. Interesting competition. They both need to be on the field.2 - Aaron Donalson - Another transfer player who is listed as a DE. He is small but fast. JMU had a guy (Moats) who is now a pro. He was about the same size and a speed rusher. It will be interesting to see where Donalson fits on the depth chart.3 - Alec Sheetz - He transfered in from W&M last year. He is a TE and also a long snapper. Where we he fit in on the TE depth chart?4 - Malcolm Brown - He missed last year but he was slated to start at CB before his broken jaw and concussion. I always believed he was on the verge of a break-out season. This will be an interesting competion if he is 100%.5- My surprise freshman. I think we have a very good group of freshman coming in. Colby Reeder and Stephon Woodruff should become excellent players. Poindexter is another. Will they push for playing time or will they red-shirt? There is one incoming freshman who I believe will see sinificant playing time this year. Sal Mauro just jumps out on film. IMHO, he will find his way onto the depth chart and see significant playing time. Spring Ball should be very interesting....I've liked Malcolm Brown from the moment I saw his high school video, thought he would be special. He did something against Elon in 2014 that none of our DB's did last year, pick 6! This kid has talent and lets hope he comes back healthy and strong. If so, no way he's not a starter. So you plug him back in with Adderly and Jones and you got something very special froming up, the remainder is not bad either. Torza played pretty well last year, he has a nose for the ball. Simba adds aggression .... good physical player and Watson will be in the mix. I've even heard that Colby Reeder wouldnt mind playing some DB as well, but I'm just repeating that from that are much more in the know than I on Colby. As for LB - As 72 mentioned, Bell was our best LB last year and now joined by Troy Reeder, thats a pretty good #1 and #2 combo.... who will be the third and or fourth? We have options! Jackson better be ready or he might be on the outside looking in because if Colby is not a DB he just steps in here.... kid didnt come to Delaware to wear a Red shirt.If Aaron Donalson turns out to be the playmaker some think he can be, he could put this D over the top! I say that on the hope he can get to the QB and cause havoc.... you put pressure on the QB with the rest of this D and you will see one of the best Defenses in the history of Delaware football, remember the 2003 D got torched several times!As for the DL, many have stated that this is the area of concern, and I agree but disagree that we cant be as good as last year up frontWoodson is a good start, now a JR it's time for him to be all CAA, No excuses! (Clucker taught me this pharse :D )Nichols needs to take the next step, he showed flashes last year but now as a JR, It's time for him to live upRoberts certianly is an active player and has shown he can get after it, Cameron played as a true Frosh and should be really ready to go in 2016lets hope the Big Snack comes in ready to go, out of shape last August but now with a year under the supervision of our strenght and conditioning program, he should be making some noise and I'm not talking about the sounds coming from his rumbling stomach.... :D I forget who reported it, but rumor had it he was a beast on the practice squad as the season went on last year.some others who showed they can play and will provide depth:KC HintonJ ThompsonQ JenkinsI dont know where to put Spears but some have said he might be moving to the DL, he played pretty well at LB and has a nose for the ballso you can see the coaching staff has there work cut out on trying to fit the best talent into this jigsaw puzzle, anyway you slice it you'll have some talent that might not play much like Ware, Luckey, Harley, Tenny, hopefully they will make the coaches work OT ..... I cant help but think some of these kids will eventually want to play more and will transfer.... If we dont have a top 5 D next year I will be very dissapointed, it's time to turn these Philandros completly wild!

Daytripper
February 15th, 2016, 10:36 AM
Just posted on gohens but fits here after Clucks post Caribbean Hen on Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:19 am 72 Hen wrote:Thanks for posting. I believe this will give us some interesting FOOTBALL to discuss. I see a lot of interesting competition. Just a few thoughts to get us started.1- Troy Reeder - On his recruiting bio from the UD he is listed as being 6'2" 250 pounds and his position is inside linebacker. Charles Bell, IMO, was our best LB last year and he is presently listed as our ILB. Interesting competition. They both need to be on the field.2 - Aaron Donalson - Another transfer player who is listed as a DE. He is small but fast. JMU had a guy (Moats) who is now a pro. He was about the same size and a speed rusher. It will be interesting to see where Donalson fits on the depth chart.3 - Alec Sheetz - He transfered in from W&M last year. He is a TE and also a long snapper. Where we he fit in on the TE depth chart?4 - Malcolm Brown - He missed last year but he was slated to start at CB before his broken jaw and concussion. I always believed he was on the verge of a break-out season. This will be an interesting competion if he is 100%.5- My surprise freshman. I think we have a very good group of freshman coming in. Colby Reeder and Stephon Woodruff should become excellent players. Poindexter is another. Will they push for playing time or will they red-shirt? There is one incoming freshman who I believe will see sinificant playing time this year. Sal Mauro just jumps out on film. IMHO, he will find his way onto the depth chart and see significant playing time. Spring Ball should be very interesting....I've liked Malcolm Brown from the moment I saw his high school video, thought he would be special. He did something against Elon in 2014 that none of our DB's did last year, pick 6! This kid has talent and lets hope he comes back healthy and strong. If so, no way he's not a starter. So you plug him back in with Adderly and Jones and you got something very special froming up, the remainder is not bad either. Torza played pretty well last year, he has a nose for the ball. Simba adds aggression .... good physical player and Watson will be in the mix. I've even heard that Colby Reeder wouldnt mind playing some DB as well, but I'm just repeating that from that are much more in the know than I on Colby. As for LB - As 72 mentioned, Bell was our best LB last year and now joined by Troy Reeder, thats a pretty good #1 and #2 combo.... who will be the third and or fourth? We have options! Jackson better be ready or he might be on the outside looking in because if Colby is not a DB he just steps in here.... kid didnt come to Delaware to wear a Red shirt.If Aaron Donalson turns out to be the playmaker some think he can be, he could put this D over the top! I say that on the hope he can get to the QB and cause havoc.... you put pressure on the QB with the rest of this D and you will see one of the best Defenses in the history of Delaware football, remember the 2003 D got torched several times!As for the DL, many have stated that this is the area of concern, and I agree but disagree that we cant be as good as last year up frontWoodson is a good start, now a JR it's time for him to be all CAA, No excuses! (Clucker taught me this pharse :D )Nichols needs to take the next step, he showed flashes last year but now as a JR, It's time for him to live upRoberts certianly is an active player and has shown he can get after it, Cameron played as a true Frosh and should be really ready to go in 2016lets hope the Big Snack comes in ready to go, out of shape last August but now with a year under the supervision of our strenght and conditioning program, he should be making some noise and I'm not talking about the sounds coming from his rumbling stomach.... :D I forget who reported it, but rumor had it he was a beast on the practice squad as the season went on last year.some others who showed they can play and will provide depth:KC HintonJ ThompsonQ JenkinsI dont know where to put Spears but some have said he might be moving to the DL, he played pretty well at LB and has a nose for the ballso you can see the coaching staff has there work cut out on trying to fit the best talent into this jigsaw puzzle, anyway you slice it you'll have some talent that might not play much like Ware, Luckey, Harley, Tenny, hopefully they will make the coaches work OT ..... I cant help but think some of these kids will eventually want to play more and will transfer.... If we dont have a top 5 D next year I will be very dissapointed, it's time to turn these Philandros completly wild!

I'm not reading this because just looking at it gives me a headache....xconfusedx

TheRevSFA
February 15th, 2016, 11:25 AM
I thought this was about Sam and Richmond......

MR. CHICKEN
February 15th, 2016, 11:57 AM
Just posted on gohens but fits here after Clucks post Caribbean Hen on Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:19 am 72 Hen wrote:Thanks for posting. I believe this will give us some interesting FOOTBALL to discuss. I see a lot of interesting competition. Just a few thoughts to get us started.1- Troy Reeder - On his recruiting bio from the UD he is listed as being 6'2" 250 pounds and his position is inside linebacker. Charles Bell, IMO, was our best LB last year and he is presently listed as our ILB. Interesting competition. They both need to be on the field.2 - Aaron Donalson - Another transfer player who is listed as a DE. He is small but fast. JMU had a guy (Moats) who is now a pro. He was about the same size and a speed rusher. It will be interesting to see where Donalson fits on the depth chart.3 - Alec Sheetz - He transfered in from W&M last year. He is a TE and also a long snapper. Where we he fit in on the TE depth chart?4 - Malcolm Brown - He missed last year but he was slated to start at CB before his broken jaw and concussion. I always believed he was on the verge of a break-out season. This will be an interesting competion if he is 100%.5- My surprise freshman. I think we have a very good group of freshman coming in. Colby Reeder and Stephon Woodruff should become excellent players. Poindexter is another. Will they push for playing time or will they red-shirt? There is one incoming freshman who I believe will see sinificant playing time this year. Sal Mauro just jumps out on film. IMHO, he will find his way onto the depth chart and see significant playing time. Spring Ball should be very interesting....I've liked Malcolm Brown from the moment I saw his high school video, thought he would be special. He did something against Elon in 2014 that none of our DB's did last year, pick 6! This kid has talent and lets hope he comes back healthy and strong. If so, no way he's not a starter. So you plug him back in with Adderly and Jones and you got something very special froming up, the remainder is not bad either. Torza played pretty well last year, he has a nose for the ball. Simba adds aggression .... good physical player and Watson will be in the mix. I've even heard that Colby Reeder wouldnt mind playing some DB as well, but I'm just repeating that from that are much more in the know than I on Colby. As for LB - As 72 mentioned, Bell was our best LB last year and now joined by Troy Reeder, thats a pretty good #1 and #2 combo.... who will be the third and or fourth? We have options! Jackson better be ready or he might be on the outside looking in because if Colby is not a DB he just steps in here.... kid didnt come to Delaware to wear a Red shirt.If Aaron Donalson turns out to be the playmaker some think he can be, he could put this D over the top! I say that on the hope he can get to the QB and cause havoc.... you put pressure on the QB with the rest of this D and you will see one of the best Defenses in the history of Delaware football, remember the 2003 D got torched several times!As for the DL, many have stated that this is the area of concern, and I agree but disagree that we cant be as good as last year up frontWoodson is a good start, now a JR it's time for him to be all CAA, No excuses! (Clucker taught me this pharse :D )Nichols needs to take the next step, he showed flashes last year but now as a JR, It's time for him to live upRoberts certianly is an active player and has shown he can get after it, Cameron played as a true Frosh and should be really ready to go in 2016lets hope the Big Snack comes in ready to go, out of shape last August but now with a year under the supervision of our strenght and conditioning program, he should be making some noise and I'm not talking about the sounds coming from his rumbling stomach.... :D I forget who reported it, but rumor had it he was a beast on the practice squad as the season went on last year.some others who showed they can play and will provide depth:KC HintonJ ThompsonQ JenkinsI dont know where to put Spears but some have said he might be moving to the DL, he played pretty well at LB and has a nose for the ballso you can see the coaching staff has there work cut out on trying to fit the best talent into this jigsaw puzzle, anyway you slice it you'll have some talent that might not play much like Ware, Luckey, Harley, Tenny, hopefully they will make the coaches work OT ..... I cant help but think some of these kids will eventually want to play more and will transfer.... If we dont have a top 5 D next year I will be very dissapointed, it's time to turn these Philandros completly wild!

....AH TOO.....AM IN DUH DEFENSE CAMP........OURAH D-BACKS WERE YOUNG.....SO GETTIN' BURNED......BAH NORFF CAROLINA....ISN'T SO SHAMEFUL.....DEY ARE SERIOUS TACKLERS....AN' AH SAW SOME OPPOSIN' WR'S....DO DUH ALLIGATOR...RUNNIN'..OVERAH MIDDLE ROUTES.....OWN-LAH NEGATIVE ......WHEN OFFENSE SPUTTERS....DEFENSE LOGS WAY MO' PLAYIN' TIME.....(THINK PHILLY EAGLES)......AN' IT WILL HAPPEN......GEEZ....EVERAH TEAM'S O....HAS UH GAME OR TWO.....UH SLOW DOWN......WR's-QB-PUNTER & PUNT RETURNIN'....IS WHAA...HENS....NEED TA GROW....WONDERIN'....IFIN' WE DO GET X-FER SIGNAL CALLER....HOW EFFECTIVE WILL HE BE.......AS UH FIRST YEAR STARTER.......ACTUALLY IF WALKER HAD REAL WR's.....HE WOOD NOT OF BEEN SO BAD.....AH 'MEMBER PAPALE...DROPPED FIRST THREE...THROWN HIS WAY....IN ONE GAME-NO TIGHT END PARTICIPATION...CHERRY DISABLED SOME.....&....JARMON...IS NO WR....OFFENSIVE LINE BREAKDOWNS.......
MIGHT AS WELL RUSH ELEVEN ON PUNTS...AS OURAH RETURNER......EITHER WATCHES PIGGY ROLL....CALLS FAIR CATCH.....OR WORSE....FUMBLES INSIDE OURAH OWN FIVE....DEY'RE SERIOUS PROBS WHIFF-IN...ENTIRE AFFLETIC DEPT.....IN AGREEMENT WHIFF BHBK....WE GET 5 HOMERS DIS SEASON....AS YOU-DEE'S CLOUT....FADES...MO' ROAD TRIPS....LAST-LAH....WE GOT UH HEAD COACH...WHOM TELLS ENTIRE WORLD.....WE'LL MAKE PLAY-OFFS....MAH HOW FAR WE'VE COME....'CAUSE TUBBY WAS SCARED UH C.W.POST & MUHLENBERG...AN' EVEN HOT SHOT KEELER....WOODN'T GIVE LOCKER-ROOM FODDER...TA ANYONE.................BRAWK!

MR. CHICKEN
February 15th, 2016, 11:59 AM
I thought this was about Sam and Richmond......

.....OVER-TAKEN....(THINK NORFF DAKOTAH STATE'S....FAN CLUB)...........AWK!

BigHouseClosedEnd
February 15th, 2016, 07:37 PM
QUICK! SOMEBODY START A SEPARATE THREAD ABOUT FORCED DONATION POLICIES AT DELAWARE SO WE CAN DISTRACT THEM AND GET OUR THREAD BACK!

MR. CHICKEN
February 16th, 2016, 07:19 AM
....WANT IT BACK........START TYPIN'......xcoolx.....AWK!

.....OH....AN' KEELER..... WAS......OURAH LAST COACH....xcoolx.....BRAWK!

RootinFerDukes
February 16th, 2016, 07:54 AM
I think JMU's position is this: if we're going to play a good team OOC, they either need to be within driving distance OR we need to be getting paid for it. it's not totally crazy, as much as some JMU fans hate it.
this is getting off-topic in this thread, but i don't care about some Tick thread anyways.
JMU schedules cupcakes to add wins to the win column and make it easier to get into the FCS playoffs. We have a very tough conference where you will lose two games any given season, unless you're given a soft CAA schedule and you are fielding a super team. Since we have to face VU, WM and UR every year and UD at least every other, we don't get the steady supply of easy northern teams on our schedule year in and year out.
If we failed to make the playoffs, our message board fans would flip out even more because we're "not even a big fish in a small pond. we can't even make the playoffs."

I understand the necessity of scheduling the way they do for both competitive and financial reasons, even if it is a series of boring, blowout opponents.

YoUDeeMan
February 16th, 2016, 12:19 PM
I'm not reading this because just looking at it gives me a headache....xconfusedx

You don't need to read it...just a couple of rose colored glasses folks blathering about Christmas wish thinking.

I'll sum it up for you:

"If you look at things from the right angle and throw in some bizarre caveats that ignore reality...our players can appear so much better than they actually were last year. Given that, and another year, our players will magically evolve into the '85 Bears. Because."

BigHouseClosedEnd
February 17th, 2016, 06:06 PM
this is getting off-topic in this thread, but i don't care about some Tick thread anyways.
JMU schedules cupcakes to add wins to the win column and make it easier to get into the FCS playoffs. We have a very tough conference where you will lose two games any given season, unless you're given a soft CAA schedule and you are fielding a super team. Since we have to face VU, WM and UR every year and UD at least every other, we don't get the steady supply of easy northern teams on our schedule year in and year out.
If we failed to make the playoffs, our message board fans would flip out even more because we're "not even a big fish in a small pond. we can't even make the playoffs."

I understand the necessity of scheduling the way they do for both competitive and financial reasons, even if it is a series of boring, blowout opponents.

This is all fine and good but you're not a big fish in a small pond, even with this strategy, whatever it is. You've won a single playoff game over a 7 year period. Off the top of my head, UNH, W&M, VU, Towson, Delaware, Richmond and possibly even Maine have more playoff wins over the same period.

RootinFerDukes
February 17th, 2016, 07:07 PM
This is all fine and good but you're not a big fish in a small pond, even with this strategy, whatever it is. You've won a single playoff game over a 7 year period. Off the top of my head, UNH, W&M, VU, Towson, Delaware, Richmond and possibly even Maine have more playoff wins over the same period.

National championship, who knows how many playoff appearances (double digits at least), consistent CAA power. One of only 3 Fcs teams to beat a ranked fbs opponent. Top four or five attendance since 2011. Crowds as big as 26k come to see the Dukes play. College gameday came to our campus.
Yep. We're so insignificant.
Our only saving grace is that we play our football in a facility that isn't a really nice high school track.

caribbeanhen
February 17th, 2016, 08:32 PM
....WANT IT BACK........START TYPIN'......xcoolx.....AWK!

.....OH....AN' KEELER..... WAS......OURAH LAST COACH....xcoolx.....BRAWK!

start typing... now that was simply funny chicken

and Clucker, get ready to start down playing the top 10 defense Delaware will have next year!

we all know you dont like Brock but why not fair and balanced reporting? yep, the way things have regressed on offense with not much hope on the roster at WR your edgey comments are not without some truth but when you cant see talent that we have on D your either in denial, stubborn as Brock, offering your brand of entertainment or overpaid for private schooling

32counter
February 17th, 2016, 09:48 PM
Sadly the First State of Chicken Farmers U has attempted to hijack the thread in order to gain some measure of relevance and notoriety in this discussion.Their involvement is a non sequitur which reflects the present state of affairs in their pigskin program.

YoUDeeMan
February 17th, 2016, 10:59 PM
start typing... now that was simply funny chicken

and Clucker, get ready to start down playing the top 10 defense Delaware will have next year!

we all know you dont like Brock but why not fair and balanced reporting? yep, the way things have regressed on offense with not much hope on the roster at WR your edgey comments are not without some truth but when you cant see talent that we have on D your either in denial, stubborn as Brock, offering your brand of entertainment or overpaid for private schooling

Fair and balanced? Get specific...what was inaccurate about my post?

You are hoping.

It's OK if you want to predict greatness...but greatness has to be earned. You are relying on some pretty sketchy information...a lot of people say that some players look good on tape...and others look good in practice. But, what we saw last year was a defense that got burned by the better teams. I gave you stats...you give, "well, if we take out 15 bad teams, then we were really good" without bothering to add the 20 good teams that actually played other teams with good offenses. That fanciful one-sided manipulation doesn't fly in the real world.

We have too many LBs and they all can't be on the field at once. Who gets all the reps? Will we play a 2-5-4? You hope our DBs find the WRs...too many times last year they got burned...and we didn't play many good passing teams.

It is a good bet that our DL won't be as good as last year. Even if we improve our LB play, that means the DBs will have to step it up a lot, with less pressure from the DL, in order to make our D special.

The good news is that once again, we have some ridiculously easy OOC teams on our schedule. DSU is the first patsy...they can't throw the rock...heck, they don't really play FCS football, so that will be a nice scrimmage. Laughffy sucks. Wake Forest sucks. Toss in the fact that Maine won't throw the ball much and we have a good chance to get off to a good start.

We'd better make the playoffs...long overdue with this under performing staff.

Go...gate
February 18th, 2016, 12:24 AM

UD is traveling to a Patriot League ballpark? That's great!

MR. CHICKEN
February 18th, 2016, 07:55 AM
Sadly the First State of Chicken Farmers U has attempted to hijack the thread in order to gain some measure of relevance and notoriety in this discussion.Their involvement is a non sequitur which reflects the present state of affairs in their pigskin program.

.....KEELER WAS OURAH COACH......WHOM TOOK US TA 3 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP APPEARANCES...IN UH SHORT SPAN......WHICH WOODAH BEEN CONSIDERED LEDGENDARY......HAD IT NOT BEEN FO' APPY'S 3-PEAT.......AN' RANKED....WHIFF PROGRAMS LIKE OLD GEORGIA SOUTHERN/YOUNGSTOWN & MARSHALL....SO ANYTHIN' SAM HOUSTON....HAS VESTED INTEREST FO' PECKERHEADS.........CARRIBEANHEN....CASUALLAH MENTIIONED HOW COOL FO' SAMMY & YOU-DEE....TA MEET UP..........DEN.....HEN FANS......STARTED TA SQWABBLE......AMONGST US......LIKE UH REPUBLICAN DEBATE......BUT OURAH HEAD COCK....BROCK.....HAS GUARANTEED WE'RE PLAYOFF BOUND......NOW NO....SERIOUS OFFENSIVE UPGRADES....BUT HE DID STOCK DUH DEFENSE...LIKE....SPRING TIME IN WHITE CLAY CREEK......WE LOST TA JACKSONVILLE.....AN' GAVE 'EM UH FREE TD WHEN WE FUMBLED IN END ZONE.......WE PLAYED....HIGHLAH FAVORED 'NOVA/JMU TOUGH....WE BEAT PLAY-OFF BOUND BILL & MARE/NEW HAMPSHIRE....LOST TA IMPROVIN' TOWSON...WHO WAS OUTSIDE LOOKIN' IN.....WHIFF PLAY-OFF COMMITTEE....&.....ALL DIS WHIFF ONE UH YOUNGEST TEAMS IN 'MERICA......&..WHO'S STAR PLAYER..WAS UH PUNTER....NOW MOST WOOD SAY....... CAA CONFERENCE WAS DOWN......YET RICHMOND..WENT ON TA DO IN VALLEY BOYS......ILLINOIS STATE......COMMON SENSE...WOOD TELL YA....'NOTHERAH YEAR OLDER/WISER...PICKED UP UH ALL BIG 10 FRESHMAN LB.....NOT SOME DISGRUNTLED 3RD TEAMER...WHIFF SPLINTERS.....GETTIN' BACK UH PROJECTED DB STARTER....NOW......SURE WE HAVE UHN PROVEN ISSUE @ D-LINE......BUT EVERAH TEAM WHO GRADS...PLAYERS EVERAH YEAR...HALFTA REPLACE PEOPLE SOMEWHERE.......OURAH DB'S.....WERE RAW.......GEEZ....NORFFERN IOWA'S STUD D-B'S WERE RAW ONCE TOO.....MAH GLASS UH DOGFISH IS HALF FULL....MAYBEAH YERS IS HALF EMPTY......BUT AH'VE SEEN 'NUFF PIGGY TA KNOW...BARRIN' INJURIES/BAD LUCK/OFF FIELD ERRORS.....OURAH D WILL BE REAL........BRAWK!

MR. CHICKEN
February 18th, 2016, 07:57 AM
UD is traveling to a Patriot League ballpark? That's great!

....HEY HENRIETTAH....WHERE'S DUH.....GARMIN.......xdontknowx..........AWK!

32counter
February 18th, 2016, 06:03 PM
Now I understand why there have been no Rhodes Scholars coming out of New-Ark,Delaware.Majoring in Chicken Scratch is obviously quite popular in New-Ark.

Nickels
February 18th, 2016, 09:54 PM
Now I understand why there have been no Rhodes Scholars coming out of New-Ark,Delaware.
Tell that to Leonard P. Stark and Matthew T. Watters
http://www.udel.edu/udaily/2011/nov/watters-rhodes-scholar112210.html
http://www.udel.edu/PR/Messenger/92/1/22.html

32counter
February 19th, 2016, 04:32 PM
Keep up the good work.Glad to see that not all are Chicken Farmers:

Matthew T. Watters, 2011
David A. Kovara, 2002, AS 2002, 2002M
Thomas M. Pellathy, 2001, AS 2000, 2000M
Douglas de Lorenzo, 1998, AS 1998
Leonard P. Stark, 1991, AS 1991, 1991M
Anthony P. Sholl, 1961, AS 1961