View Full Version : 3 Sam Houston Players given preseason all-american honors

blackfordpu
July 6th, 2005, 08:50 PM
Lance Garner, Marcus Mikulec and Corey Roberts all named to the Preseason All-American team.

http://www.gobearkats.com/football/allamericapreseason.html

blackfordpu
July 6th, 2005, 09:10 PM
I saw that but this story gives you the Sam Houston point of view and focuses on the Bearkat players. It will help some of those who do not know much about these players learn a little more. :)

ncbears
July 6th, 2005, 11:19 PM
I think of all the games this year that I am looking foward to the most is the Sam game! You guys are really going to be tuff to beat. If my memory is correct, it was a battle last season. Go Bears!

blackfordpu
July 7th, 2005, 09:01 AM
I think of all the games this year that I am looking foward to the most is the Sam game! You guys are really going to be tuff to beat. If my memory is correct, it was a battle last season. Go Bears!

I am hopefully going to be able to travel to that game. Hope it isnt too cold. :)

AgentOrange
July 7th, 2005, 09:37 AM

Yeah, you're boy Vincent sure impressed a lot of people here in Huntsville last season. It was the first game back home after our win over montana, so we were riding pretty high before the game.

When the Bears held our offense to limited action, I didn't know what to think. Fortunately we pulled it out.

ncbears
July 7th, 2005, 11:42 AM
Yeah, you're boy Vincent sure impressed a lot of people here in Huntsville last season. It was the first game back home after our win over montana, so we were riding pretty high before the game.

When the Bears held our offense to limited action, I didn't know what to think. Fortunately we pulled it out.

I wish Vince didn't graduate, but I think we rellied on him too much last season. He was a great athlete though, probably the greatest in UNC history. Our offense must improve and Christiansen must spread the ball more. Our defense will be ok again this season. We do have seven transfers coming in this fall, 3 coming from 1a programs. I am stocked!

ncbears
July 7th, 2005, 11:43 AM
I am hopefully going to be able to travel to that game. Hope it isnt too cold. :)

The game is in November so we should have cold weather. It snows here right around the end of October. Go Bears!

AgentOrange
July 7th, 2005, 11:57 AM
I wish Vince didn't graduate, but I think we rellied on him too much last season. He was a great athlete though, probably the greatest in UNC history. Our offense must improve and Christiansen must spread the ball more. Our defense will be ok again this season. We do have seven transfers coming in this fall, 3 coming from 1a programs. I am stocked!
Definately an underrated player in college. I think he could have been a higher finalist in the Payton award.
Oh well, he made the draft (unlike Ochs and Long).