PDA

View Full Version : '05 UNI or '06 UMass?

B&G
December 15th, 2006, 05:25 PM
We all know that ASU will appear in back to back title games. But who would like to speculate on who is the stronger opponent?

Peems
December 15th, 2006, 05:31 PM
We all know that ASU will appear in back to back title games. But who would like to speculate on who is the stronger opponent?

i guess we will see after tonight.

bcrawf
December 15th, 2006, 05:33 PM
UNI-
Much more dynamic on the offensive side of the ball and a defense that made plays when it had to.

UMASS does a great job on defense, but I am not sure about the offense.

The margin of victory for ASU will be much greater this year than last.

Tubby Raymond
December 15th, 2006, 05:36 PM
03 Blue Hens

D1B
December 15th, 2006, 06:06 PM
UNI-
Much more dynamic on the offensive side of the ball and a defense that made plays when it had to.

UMASS does a great job on defense, but I am not sure about the offense.

The margin of victory for ASU will be much greater this year than last.

UNI had a great chance last year.

Offense - UNI
Defense - UMASS

App was a better team last year. App wins bigger than last year. Or exactly what BC said above. xlolx :nod:

PantherRob82
December 15th, 2006, 06:11 PM
I think App looks better this year. Tough to say between UNI and UMass. Only saw a couple UMass games this year. Not sure last years UNI team would've won at Montana.

Peems
December 15th, 2006, 06:24 PM
what happens if umass wins? will we say this year's app vs. last year UNI?
Shocking!

B&G
December 15th, 2006, 06:33 PM
what happens if umass wins? will we say this year's app vs. last year UNI?
Shocking!

Nah dude, you're making that question out to be more than it is. ASU is the constant in the 2 games. My question in no way implies that ASU will be the winner. And since it has already been debated on whether App was better in '05 or '06, I think this is a fair question.

Peems
December 15th, 2006, 06:40 PM
Nah dude, you're making that question out to be more than it is. ASU is the constant in the 2 games. My question in no way implies that ASU will be the winner. And since it has already been debated on whether App was better in '05 or '06, I think this is a fair question.

i agree. but i guess what i was saying is if umass wins does the question become. who is better 06 app or 05 uni?

B&G
December 15th, 2006, 06:54 PM
i agree. but i guess what i was saying is if umass wins does the question become. who is better 06 app or 05 uni?

I see... I think more would care about who is better between '05 ASU and '06 UMass.

PantherRob82
December 16th, 2006, 08:39 AM
05 and 06 ASU were better than both. 05 UNI looked better to me after last night, but it's all subjective.

ravens
December 16th, 2006, 08:47 AM
05 and 06 ASU were better than both. 05 UNI looked better to me after last night, but it's all subjective.

I think UNI looked better but UMass played a tougher ASU team...so.
ASU certainly the best team in the FCS both years ( and maybe 2007 too ).:)

appfan2008
December 16th, 2006, 10:09 AM
I think UNI looked better but UMass played a tougher ASU team...so.
ASU certainly the best team in the FCS both years ( and maybe 2007 too ).:)

Watch out next year we have A LOT! coming back!!!!!!!!!!

bcrawf
December 16th, 2006, 10:23 AM
So do we...

I see UNI vs. Appy in Chatty next December

Mountain Panther
December 16th, 2006, 10:31 AM
So do we...

I see UNI vs. Appy in Chatty next December

Our defense needs to get bigger/faster/stronger before that happens....:twocents:

Chi Panther
December 16th, 2006, 11:54 AM
Granted ASU fumbled that kickoff last year to give UNI an extra FG early......but EVERYONE forgets ASU had to score a Defensive TD to beat UNI.

The Biggest difference between ASU and all other teams right now is their D-Line is soo strong and soo fast. Its impossible for other teams to prepare for kids like Hunter and Murrell. This also helps kids like Richardson, Williams, Armanti and Elder everyday in practice.....:twocents:

Congrats ASU.....You're the class of I-AA!!!!!

mistersykes
December 16th, 2006, 01:39 PM
From watching, I thought UMass was better than UNI last year, but we were also better than last year. So I gotta say UMass.

Mr. C
December 16th, 2006, 10:41 PM
After seeing both games, I have to say that UMass of 2006 was a better team than UNI of 2005, though no disrespect here to the Panthers. Baylark was better, the UMass o-line (especially Miller at center was better). Sanders is better than Coen as a QB in my opinion and UNI had better speed at WR. But the defense was the biggest difference. UMass was way better and had much more speed than the UNI defense last year. If Richie Williams had been healthy for the final last year, I really don't think the championship game in 2005 would have been that close.

Reed Rothchild
December 17th, 2006, 06:41 PM
Don't forget that UNI lost their starting center the week of the championship game last year due to a bogus NCAA drug test which the NCAA later apologized for their mistake. UNI has their starting center in that game and its a different story.