PDA

View Full Version : Delaware Defense will be one of the best in FCS!

caribbeanhen
February 3rd, 2016, 10:11 PM
Hen fans are still clucking about the lack of any new QB or WR's but this D is gonna be special!

More to follow

superman7515
February 3rd, 2016, 10:23 PM
Hen fans are still clucking about the lack of any new QB or WR's but this D is gonna be special!

More to follow

They signed WR Chi Chi Amachi, although he isn't good enough to play WR at this level. A bit disappointed in them though, they did a big write up and video on all those boys from New Castle County that they signed, but ignored my Cape Henlopen Vikings who saw TE Brent Reed and OL Brandon Nixon sign with the Hens. No love for us beach bums.

MR. CHICKEN
February 4th, 2016, 07:55 AM
They signed WR Chi Chi Amachi, although he isn't good enough to play WR at this level. A bit disappointed in them though, they did a big write up and video on all those boys from New Castle County that they signed, but ignored my Cape Henlopen Vikings who saw TE Brent Reed and OL Brandon Nixon sign with the Hens. No love for us beach bums.

.....NEWS JOURNAL DIS AM........BROCK LOOKIN' FO' X-FER.....WIDE RECEIVERS...&.....UH PUNTER.....NOTED @ END UH ARTICLE.....UNDERAH..."HENS SCRATCH".........NO MENTION UH QB'S......BROCK!

http://www.delawareonline.com/story/sports/college/ud/2016/02/03/three-first-staters-among-8-blue-hen-football-signees/79762634/

CaryNCDuke
February 5th, 2016, 07:45 AM
I'll believe it when I see it.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

bluehenbillk
February 5th, 2016, 08:11 AM
We'll need a superior defense to make up for our inferior offense.

dewey
February 5th, 2016, 12:31 PM
I'll believe it when I see it.

Welcome to the forum CaryNCDuke!

Dewey

aust42
February 5th, 2016, 12:43 PM
I'm not optomistic for the 2016 season considering our coaching staff didn't address the obvious need for a QB and WR's. Absolutely pathetic. Time will tell with our defense. They may be on the field a lot this upcoming season. Depth will be the key.

YoUDeeMan
February 5th, 2016, 01:22 PM
We'll need a superior defense to make up for our inferior offense. xlolx

Spot on, Bill.

Here's the unavoidable fact:

Brock didn't successfully recruit a single top notch WR...and didn't successfully recruit a single QB...after the Hens finished dead last in passing in the country.

W? T? F? xeyebrowx

Brock defenders will say Brock, "tried." xrolleyesx

How ironic is it that Brock, who came into Delaware with a disdain for transfers, met with the Blue Hens fans at a Huddle meeting, and then bet the crowd that they couldn't name 10 transfers from Delaware's teams, xnutsx is now in desperate need of some transfers to save his job because he couldn't recruit worth crap on the O side of the ball?

Seriously, what coach, in one of his first meetings with fans, would bet the team's most dedicated fans that they couldn't name 10 transfers?

Arrogant, stubborn idiot.

And what was he saying about the transfers that were on the team he inherited? They were not good enough to be remembered?

Brock apologists will point out that Brock was told not to bring in transfers...but Brock would not have challenged the fans unless he was a complete idiot who believed what he was saying. He later said he would take transfers only if they were the right fit, but he clearly was saying he was going to build things the "right way" and not need to rely on transfers. By the way, 10 transfers during the KC era would have amounted to 1 per year that would be a player we could remember. Brock is going to need more than one transfer this year to make a difference...wonder if we will remember any of their names. xrotatehx

We have a roster imbalance that was supposed to be corrected by Brock, we have no functional QB, also supposed to be corrected by Brock, and now we are hoping to have a transfer QB, and transfer WRs, a transfer need that was something that Brock was supposed to correct.

I will still root for the Hens, but if we make the playoffs, a low bar indeed, it might get him an extension. So it would be better to root against the Hens. Can't do that though. I'll have to hope the players make the playoffs, and Brock takes an offer to be a an insurance salesman...he's killing Blue Hen football.

MR. CHICKEN
February 6th, 2016, 07:51 AM
[email protected] UH GOOD EYE...FO'...DEFENSIVE STALWARTS.......BUT WOODN'T KNOW.....UH OFFENSIVE SKILL PLAYER.......FROM UH POP GUN......xsmhx...BROCK!

....COACH DAVE.....HAS GONE OUT ON UH......VERAH LIMP LIMB....TA GUARANTEE...PLAYOFFS......SOMEONE ON GOHENS....SAID......DEY DIDN'T SEE [email protected] SIGNIN' EVENT.......IFIN' SO........THINK AH KNOW WHAAA!........xnodx.....OCK!

ps....HOPE DUH OL' BIRD...IS STILL HEALTHY!

caribbeanhen
February 7th, 2016, 09:06 AM
when I heard about ChiChi I thought about the golf team and how great it was for the grand son of the legendary Puerto Rican golfer of the same name to be going to Delaware.....and then they told me he was actually a receiver..... Lordy let me be wrong but this appears to be a panic button offer

Go...gate
February 8th, 2016, 01:29 AM
Amazing what a very strong defense can do, though. If UD can cobble together any reasonable offense, they could be very good.

bluehenbillk
February 8th, 2016, 07:09 AM
when I heard about ChiChi I thought about the golf team and how great it was for the grand son of the legendary Puerto Rican golfer of the same name to be going to Delaware.....and then they told me he was actually a receiver..... Lordy let me be wrong but this appears to be a panic button offer

Carib - that's exactly what it was. They swung & whiffed at other WR's, Chi Chi had one other offer - DelState. It was an offer for either the sake of bringing one WR in or to try to penetrate William Penn HS recruits more. Defensively it was a good recruiting haul but it was putrid for the offense.

YoUDeeMan
February 8th, 2016, 10:38 AM
Carib - that's exactly what it was. They swung & whiffed at other WR's, Chi Chi had one other offer - DelState. It was an offer for either the sake of bringing one WR in or to try to penetrate William Penn HS recruits more. Defensively it was a good recruiting haul but it was putrid for the offense.

Brock won the Rt. 1 Rivalry for Chi Chi. xlolx

bluehenbillk
February 8th, 2016, 10:39 AM
I miss Chi-Chi's restaurants - fried ice cream rocked!

YoUDeeMan
February 8th, 2016, 11:08 AM
The Chi-Chi's near the mall...went there many times.

For fried ice cream...try that place on the left going east through Kennett. Can't' remember it's name...but I'll post it when I remember it.

MR. CHICKEN
February 8th, 2016, 11:29 AM
.......IFIN' CHI-CHI-AMICHI...IS DUH REAL DEAL.....AS KICK/PUNT RETURNER......MIGHTS...BRING BACK.....DUH....MONDOE/EDDIE LIKE RESPONSES.....FROM DUH PEANUT GALLERY.....HOPE HE DOESN'T...FAIR KETCH.....WHIFF......17 YARDS UH FREE SPACE.....O'....INSIDE OURAH OWN TEN...xprayx.....AWK!

caribbeanhen
February 8th, 2016, 07:23 PM

interesting angle with the penetrating the William Penn recruit.....just hope Chi Amechi can return punts, we cant get much worse!

CaryNCDuke
February 9th, 2016, 12:36 PM
Welcome to the forum CaryNCDuke!

Dewey
Glad to finally have joined. Look forward to getting closer to football season.

Tribe4SF
February 10th, 2016, 10:12 AM
Glad to finally have joined. Look forward to getting closer to football season.

Welcome CaryNCDuke! Tribe just signed a good one from Cary. Isaiah Laster from Panther Creek.

caribbeanhen
February 11th, 2016, 03:38 PM
joining last years defense, ranked # 28, you have Penn State transfer and starter Troy Reeder and his younger brother Colby was part of the 2016 recruiting class. Colby was reported to have received an offer from Miami but choose to say home.

also returning in 2016 will be the talented Malcolm Brown, who missed the entire 2015 season after he suffered a broken jaw concussion in an August attack at the hand of the teams best WR, who was tossed of the team!

Brown will join Ray Buck Jones in a the DBfield

Gangtackle11
February 11th, 2016, 03:42 PM
Yes. I think Delaware will be tough on that side of the ball barring injuries.

They also have a nice sized O-Line & solid backs. I can see the Hens getting in, but they will play a lot of low scoring games. The margin of error will be thin.

caribbeanhen
February 11th, 2016, 08:01 PM
gang tackle I think you have a good read on the Hens, injuries are never good but will happen. Delaware is actually building up some nice depth, something we havent had for what seems like forever on D.

BigHouseClosedEnd
February 13th, 2016, 05:32 AM
What type of success does Brock need in 2016 to be back next year? I'm sure fans say "playoffs or bust" but what's your sense on what administration thinks?

Is this the last year of his deal?

caribbeanhen
February 13th, 2016, 07:51 AM
What type of success does Brock need in 2016 to be back next year? I'm sure fans say "playoffs or bust" but what's your sense on what administration thinks?

Is this the last year of his deal?

fans are saying playoffs or bust, the AD and president are on the way out so who knows how the incoming AD and prez will see things