PDA

View Full Version : Breaking News: Best Recruiting Class in FCS

chattanoogamocs
February 3rd, 2016, 03:21 PM
This just in...

At latest report, 18 FCS schools have tweeted that they have, without a doubt, the best recruiting class in FCS this year.

Including Chattanooga, who now hold the FCS record for having the best recruiting class in the nation for 12 consecutive years.

Happy Signing Day everyone!

actually, Chattanooga didn't really tweet that (but they have done it enough in the past), so I just had to throw it in because it makes the joke funnier. :)

ST_Lawson
February 3rd, 2016, 03:26 PM
Yup, congrats to every team across all divisions for having their best recruiting class ever this year.

This year....everyone gets better ;)

SU DOG
February 3rd, 2016, 03:26 PM
This just in...

At latest report, 18 FCS schools have tweeted that they have, without a doubt, the best recruiting class in FCS this year.

Including Chattanooga, who now hold the FCS record for having the best recruiting class in the nation for 12 consecutive years.

Happy Signing Day everyone!

actually, Chattanooga didn't really tweet that (but they have done it enough in the past), so I just had to throw it in because it makes the joke funnier. :)

Actually what you say is not completely accurate. One of your coaches tweeted this morning that UTC MIGHT be #1 and to "stay tuned".

JSUSoutherner
February 3rd, 2016, 03:30 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22168&stc=1

MR. CHICKEN
February 3rd, 2016, 03:31 PM
xbawlingx.........NO QB's......AN' OWNLAH ONE WR...WHO'LL PROLLY...PLAY HIS WAY.....TA...D-BACK......xbawlingx............................... .......AWK!

chattanoogamocs
February 3rd, 2016, 03:32 PM
Actually what you say is not completely accurate. One of your coaches tweeted this morning that UTC MIGHT be #1 and to "stay tuned".

LOL...I haven't seen that one. If I would have to guess, I would say Coach Durden tweeted. Huesman isn't going to say anything like that and Healy is now HC at Austin Peay. :)

Laker
February 3rd, 2016, 03:48 PM
Each year, in each sport, schools got outstanding people who will be a great credit to the program and fit right in with the needs of the team.

It is the one thing that everyone can safely predict on signing day.

Mattymc727
February 3rd, 2016, 03:49 PM
For UNH, very few stars, few FBS offers, too small, too slow. On paper they for sure are not turning heads. But just like always, the program will turn these hidden gems in to smart, good football players that will take us to the playoffs again.

The class was a little bigger than we thought it would be, and we got players from Georgia, Florida, Canada, and the mid atlantic per usual. Im sure a few preferred walk-ons will no doubt be coming in the next few weeks.

Its always a nice day to see the staff work hard and get kids excited about the program. Now its time to focus on the off-season. UNH has a lot of work to do to get back to contenders.

BisonFan02
February 3rd, 2016, 03:54 PM
Star ratings are for teams playing in bowls....all meaningless.

IBleedYellow
February 3rd, 2016, 03:55 PM
We'll know in 4-5 years how each teams recruiting classes turned out.

On. The. Field.

Can't wait. :D

BearDownMU
February 3rd, 2016, 04:25 PM
I can say unequivocally we had the best recruiting class in Bibb County, GA

McNeese72
February 3rd, 2016, 04:59 PM
McNeese recruiting update:

Some players signed some LOI and faxed them in.

Doc

SU DOG
February 3rd, 2016, 05:11 PM
LOL...I haven't seen that one. If I would have to guess, I would say Coach Durden tweeted. Huesman isn't going to say anything like that and Healy is now HC at Austin Peay. :)

I think YOU ARE CORRECT SIR!

FUBeAR
February 3rd, 2016, 05:52 PM
I can say unequivocally we had the best recruiting class in Bibb County, GA

Maybe...but if you consider the Bibb-Bleckley County Metroplex, I'm not so sure you can make that claim ... http://www.mgaknights.com/sport/0/9.php

RootinFerDukes
February 3rd, 2016, 06:40 PM
Mickey Matthews used to claim he had the best I-AA class each season post-2008 while his program started posting barely above .500 records.

I'd say ndsu gets the honor for the last five years running.

Winindy
February 3rd, 2016, 06:52 PM
Mickey Matthews used to claim he had the best I-AA class each season post-2008 while his program started posting barely above .500 records.

I'd say ndsu gets the honor for the last five years running.

Maybe, maybe not. But they do excell at turning them nto the best team.

dgtw
February 3rd, 2016, 07:58 PM
We'll know in 4-5 years how each teams recruiting classes turned out.

On. The. Field.

Can't wait. :D

On the Jax State board, someone posted a video from four years ago of our former coach saying the class wasn't as good as expected. I think they turned out OK.

jsualumnus
February 3rd, 2016, 08:03 PM
We went and recruited a bunch of slow, fat, and small white dudes who know nothing of "southern speed"...Most, if not all, are FBS transfers who were arrested and charged with murder at their previous school, but JSU was willing to take a chance on EVERY kid that reached out. We claim to have the #1 recruiting class too, but I don't see how that's possible with the lack of athleticism we went after. We are hoping by some dumb miracle, if the planets all align, and if we can possibly get our guys in their pants and pads that we might win a couple games next year.

Happy Signing Day everyone...!

http://gojaxstate.boards.net/thread/2098/newest-gamecocks-2016-edition

chattownmocs
February 3rd, 2016, 08:08 PM
Will healy knows someone at 247. 2 years ago ago everything was legit and we ended up with the highest ranked class according to their formula. Last year though, on signing day several players got huge bumps to put us at number 1. This time it was austin peay who suddenly got a bunch of bumps on signing day. They actually ended up with the top class in the OVC according to 247. Healy will use an edge he can get, real or perceived to get an edge in recruiting. Gotta hand it to him.

kdinva
February 3rd, 2016, 08:29 PM
VMI announced 17 this afternoon:

Josh Andre OL 6-6, 257 Warrenton, Va./Fauquier H.S.
Elliott Brewster LB 6-2, 200 Dublin, Va./Pulaski H.S
Sawaar Canady OL 6-5, 290 Newport News, Va./Heritage H.S.
Ryan Clark DE 6-6, 220 Alcoa, Tenn./Alcoa H.S.
Kuony Deng OLB 6-6, 190 Aldie, Va./ John Champe H.S.
Jay Gavin WR 6-4, 185 Big Stone Gap, Va./Union H.S.
Kendrick Jackson WR 5-8, 170 Roswell, Ga./Roswell H.S.
Critt Johnson OL 6-7, 275 Virginia Beach, Va./Bishop Sullivan
Reed King K 5-9, 150 Grafton, Va./Grafton H.S.
Tyler Kisling OL 6-5, 260 Morgantown, W.Va./Morgantown
Javeon Lara WR 6-0, 175 Schulenburg, Texas/Schulenburg H.S.
Najee Lawrence OLB 6-1, 193 Glen Allen, Va./Glen Allen H.S.
Bradley Lythgoe SS 5-11, 190 Daleville, Va. /Lord Botetourt
Rohan Martin WR 5-10, 175 Stafford, Va./Colonial Forge H.S.
Daz Palmer RB 5-10, 175 Virginia Beach, Va./Lake Taylor H.S.
Tyain Smith RB 6-2, 195 Chesapeake, Va./Indian River H.S.
Kaleb Tucker CB 6-1, 165 Kecoughtan, Va./Kecoughtan H.S.

and three others tweeted after the press release that they have signed:

OL Aaron Gallagher (6-3 265) Hanover, VA
LB JC Coy (6-0 205 4.6) Chester, VA
DB Kaelin Snead (5-9 165 4.41) Richmond, VA

plus the Keydets have visiting Post this coming weekend a QB who has been offered a full scholly, and hoping he signs his LOI Sunday.....

Nickels
February 3rd, 2016, 08:42 PM
Will healy knows someone at 247. 2 years ago ago everything was legit and we ended up with the highest ranked class according to their formula. Last year though, on signing day several players got huge bumps to put us at number 1. This time it was austin peay who suddenly got a bunch of bumps on signing day. They actually ended up with the top class in the OVC according to 247. Healy will use an edge he can get, real or perceived to get an edge in recruiting. Gotta hand it to him.
Just look at how the rankings are calculated. Pretty easy to see that his system is 100% bull**** rankings wise.

N E way...Sam didn't get any decent players. It's a rebuilding year too so we're in serious trouble...we'll be lucky to win 3 SLC games this year...

chattownmocs
February 3rd, 2016, 08:59 PM
Just look at how the rankings are calculated. Pretty easy to see that his system is 100% bull**** rankings wise.

N E way...Sam didn't get any decent players. It's a rebuilding year too so we're in serious trouble...we'll be lucky to win 3 SLC games this year...

They are calculated based on stars and points systems which are supposed to be based on FBS talent. So the teams that have the most players with stars or the most stars which translate to points have the most points hence the higher rating. I don't understand what is so hard to understand about that part of it.

IBleedYellow
February 3rd, 2016, 09:24 PM
They are calculated based on stars and points systems which are supposed to be based on FBS talent. So the teams that have the most players with stars or the most stars which translate to points have the most points hence the higher rating. I don't understand what is so hard to understand about that part of it.

Let me get Clenz in here to completely destroy your argument in a paragraph.

clenz
February 3rd, 2016, 09:27 PM
Let me get Clenz in here to completely destroy your argument in a paragraph.

You can copy and paste, or quote it.

I don't feel like retuning all of that.

IBleedYellow
February 3rd, 2016, 09:31 PM
You can copy and paste, or quote it.

I don't feel like retuning all of that.

I totally would if I would remember which thread it's from.

Nickels
February 3rd, 2016, 09:33 PM
Who in the hell said it was hard to understand?

You pretty much explained exactly why it's bull****...specifically at the FCS level.

BisonFan02
February 3rd, 2016, 09:47 PM

From clenz:

Bull****.

I'll say it in every single thread that recruiting rankings are mentioned...maybe someday someone will listen.

These don't mean ****. I worked for Rivals for about 5 years going across the state of Iowa gathering film on recruits for football and basketball. I cut the film to create game highlights and player highlights, published the film to the site, did interviews, involved with how to rank kids, etc... I know how this **** works.

247 doesn't know a damn thing about these classes beyond superficial ratings done on kids that they maybe saw 8 minutes of highlight tape on. That doesn't make 247 lazy, it's how Scout, Rivals, NY2LA (for BB), etc... do their rankings. Outside of the top 150-200 (even that's pushing it) the rankings are like the points on Whose Line Is It Anyway. For those unfamiliar (somehow) with that...

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/46/4688668e4138abc21361f6bde1e21598bf0d18751fb011bd6d 638cb06d94e6ec.jpg

Want some proof? I'll use specific names to make my case.

Class of 2010 - Andre Dawson http://sports.yahoo.com/uab/football...e-Dawson-76560 (http://sports.yahoo.com/uab/football/recruiting/player-Andre-Dawson-76560)
I did film on him. Those highlights you see on Rivals...guess who was involved in that.

Look at his offer sheet - for those that don't want to click the link
Cinci
Illinois
Iowa
Kansas
Minnesota
Northern Illinois
Purdue
Wisconsin
Northern Iowa

He was, long considered, the best player in the state of Iowa. There was, at one point, a strong push to make him a top half 4* recruit. Towards the end of the recruiting cycle someone started a rumor he wasn't going to be a qualifier due to how well he liked UNI and how strongly he felt about going there -regardless of his other offers and how could a kid not be a clearing hows qualifier, yet still enroll as an athlete a D1 school. What did that do to people at Rivals and Scout? Sent them panicking. One e-mail I got on the topic said "We can't have a 4* kid commit to an FCS program out of high school. That would make a mockery of our rankings." so they dropped him from the #1 player in the state and out of the top 50 position rankings. They knew they couldn't drop him from 4 to 2 so they dinged him down to a low 3 and had anyone got "solid confirmation even one of his offers was pulled" he would have gone to 2* or N/R after being 3-4* just a few weeks earlier and for all of his JR and SR seasons.

Once Dawson got to campus he was pretty much disinterested in football. Transferred after a year to Iowa Western CC for a year, then to Iowa for a season and then quit football all together.

Other kids in the state of Iowa that year? David Johnson (we all know that name), AJ Derby (started at Arkansas and bouncing around the NFL), Jake Waters (started 2 years at K-State), Brandon Scherff (4 year starter at Iowa, top 5 NFL pick and NFL starter), James Morris (4 year starter at Iowa, All B10, now with NE), David Parry - All P12 guy at Stanford, drafted by the Colts and starts for them, Jack Rummells (3 year OL starter for UNI and on a couple camp/practice rosters this past year). Turns out Scherff and Morris were the only two liked by Rivals that year. Parry won the award for best NCAA senior that started career as a walk on. His only offers out of HS were UNI, Illinois State and Navy. Chose Stanford due to academics. Why were Parry and Johnson so low but guys like Dawson (who was probably "rightfully" dropped but for the wrong reason...anyone watching football in Iowa knew DJ was the better back) were high to start? Dawson played at a highly respected program that had produced B10 WRs like Adrian Arrington (of Michigan fame) and Keenan Davis (of Iowa fame) in the previous few years. DJ played on a Clinton team that was historically awful and he was their only bright spot. Same with Parry at Linn-Mar High (the district I now live in...and it's not a great program but getting better because of kids like Parry).

It's why the MVP is almost always the best player on the best team. It's easy to give them that award/rank them that high. Hard to justify a kid from a sub .500 program being a 3-4* kid.

Also keep in mind with DJ, had he played LB/SS in college and signed with Iowa/Iowa State (like they wanted to happen) he would have been a 3* "Athlete" because of where he signed. Instead, unranked RB for an FCS school.

Another one that's interesting is happening right now, and 247 is leading the charge at changing rankings on this one.

UNI DE/TE commit Desmond Chappel http://sports.yahoo.com/ucf/football...Chapple-183043 (http://sports.yahoo.com/ucf/football/recruiting/player-Desmond-Chapple-183043) and http://247sports.com/Player/Desmond-Chapple-81282

He has offers from UNI (committed), Ball State, Miami (OH), Pittsburgh, SEMO, SIU, and Wyoming.
Jan 17 he was 3* across the board - Scout, Rivals and 247

On Jan 18th he tweeted "Blessed to say that I will be furthering my education and football career at the University of Northern Iowa!!! "...he has the tweet pinned to the top of his twitter

Rivals left him as a 3* and show he has a solid verbal. That's actually shocking to me. Watch it though, signing day he may be a 2*, or NR, depending who signs LOI where ahead of him.
Scout moved him to a 2* and show he has a solid verbal
247 has moved him to N/R and show him as uncommitted and "cool" for interest for every school...and I bet there will be zero updates to his page ever again.

Why? Can't have a FCS recruit ranked highly out of HS. Simply can't have it.

I could go on and on and on with examples but it doesn't matter. What the media has done to drive 25+ year old men to follow these kids every move is sickening. It's why I don't follow recruiting more than if something gets re-tweeted to my timeline so that I see a kid "committed". It's a perverse world.

But yeah...feel free to brag about being "ranked highly in the FCS recruiting rankings". We see it every year from the same set of schools. Yet those same schools can't seem to develop those kids to that potential because they never really accomplish anything as a team.

IBleedYellow
February 3rd, 2016, 09:52 PM
http://i.imgur.com/RG0BS1U.gif?noredirect

BisonFan02
February 3rd, 2016, 09:53 PM
http://i.imgur.com/RG0BS1U.gif?noredirect

yup. xlolx

clenz
February 3rd, 2016, 10:48 PM
Since I mentioned Desmond Chappel in that post here is some follow up

Rivals did not take the time to update his page as having signed a LOI with UNI

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160204/a517ac6f8f1f84bda605d73ed482d541.jpg

That also means they didn't change his star rankings like I thought they might. That, however, is simply because they will never edit that page ever again.

Maybe Rivals didn't update anyone as being signed....

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160204/3295b2ac8bcf270ee95f5d8f1fb136a0.jpg

Oops. Turns out, lots of pages now say signed, Exocet most kids going FCS.

Maybe Scout and 247 didn't do him as dirty. Let's look

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160204/29878c6b0fe89e26d9374b1b496bbd83.jpg

Compared too

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160204/d421beda9fd67a216f07d72eb4af4d62.jpg

Man, 247 is showing others as active roster already.

Scout took the same approach as rivals.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160204/b1367bb4ee6abf3c8bcdf55bac1b809d.jpg

Bragging about class ranking might work for anyone fighting for the top 30 or 40 recruiting classes. After that, well.....

chattownmocs
February 4th, 2016, 05:39 AM
I don't even think Clenz understands what a star ranking means, or that an "offer" isn't really necessarily an actual offer. You obviously did not work for rivals in any relevant way, or you are just trying to mislead.

None of which remotely has anything to do with what I posted considering I threw a lot bigger doubt on these rankings than you did.

Did you miss the part where I pretty much stated will healy knows someone at 247 who is bumping his players so he can brag about his class ranking.

PaladinFan
February 4th, 2016, 06:44 AM
As I mentioned elsewhere, if we are going to embrace the silliness, we might as well just embrace it. Trying to rationalize and argue for or against silliness is just, well, silly.

Football is weird. They drag out their season as long as reasonably possible, and then it goes dark for months with the exception of the NFL draft and college signing day. This stuff just gives us something to talk about. It doesn't actually matter.

bluehenbillk
February 4th, 2016, 07:51 AM
xbawlingx.........NO QB's......AN' OWNLAH ONE WR...WHO'LL PROLLY...PLAY HIS WAY.....TA...D-BACK......xbawlingx............................... .......AWK!

Word up Foghorn - who's gonna play throw n catch this year? I have a bad feeling.....

Bisonator
February 4th, 2016, 07:56 AM
NDSU had the top recruiting class 5 straight years. Anyone care to argue?:D

MR. CHICKEN
February 4th, 2016, 08:13 AM
Word up Foghorn - who's gonna play throw n catch this year? I have a bad feeling.....

.......PULL DUH JOURNAL'S....SPORTS SECTION......OUTTAH DUH FREEZER........UNDERAH "HENS SCRATCH"......BROCK.....LOOKIN' FO' X-FER WR's...&....PUNTER......NO MENTION UH QB'S...IS HE GOIN' WHIFF WHAT WE GOT....OR IS ONE UH YOUNGIN'S....READY.....FO' PROMOTION......xdontknowx........AWK!

http://www.delawareonline.com/story/sports/college/ud/2016/02/03/three-first-staters-among-8-blue-hen-football-signees/79762634/

Sam_Kats
February 4th, 2016, 08:43 AM
Pretty sure Lamar said they had the #1 recruiting class. Just saying. Don't kill the messenger.

UNIFanSince1983
February 4th, 2016, 09:05 AM
I don't even think Clenz understands what a star ranking means, or that an "offer" isn't really necessarily an actual offer. You obviously did not work for rivals in any relevant way, or you are just trying to mislead.

None of which remotely has anything to do with what I posted considering I threw a lot bigger doubt on these rankings than you did.

Did you miss the part where I pretty much stated will healy knows someone at 247 who is bumping his players so he can brag about his class ranking.

Wait an offer isn't really an offer? I want to understand why you say this.

BisonFan02
February 4th, 2016, 09:08 AM
Wait an offer isn't really an offer? I want to understand why you say this.

Check out Dillon Radunz for NDSU....he was offered by Missouri on the day before signing day...but then wasn't "offered" after he declined and stayed with the Bison. I think that's how that works?

BEAR
February 4th, 2016, 10:43 AM
We know EVERYONES class was "Simply the best" !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNU3aIJs88g

JSUSoutherner
February 4th, 2016, 10:44 AM

http://youtu.be/uq-v1TTUyhM

IBleedYellow
February 4th, 2016, 10:46 AM
http://youtu.be/uq-v1TTUyhM

You're catching on around here really quick.

BisonFan02
February 4th, 2016, 12:22 PM

http://showbizgeek.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Screen-Shot-2013-08-16-at-13.52.34.png

February 4th, 2016, 12:39 PM
Just remember the how they fit into your team is just as important as who they are.

BEAR
February 4th, 2016, 02:14 PM
Just remember the how they fit into your team is just as important as who they are.

Exactly! UCA had a RB that went onto play in the NFL. Dude was impressive but his attitude led him to punch one of the coaches. Teammates didn't care for him too much either. I'm glad he was kicked off the team but dang the kid could run.

eiu1999
February 4th, 2016, 03:03 PM

The EIU class at first glance looks not to great at first, but two quality quarterbacks to fight for the starting job, 5 db's to replace 4 seniors, height at WR and OL size.

http://www.eiupanthers.com/news/2016/2/3/FB_0203161519.aspx

JSUSoutherner
February 4th, 2016, 03:22 PM
The EIU class at first glance looks not to great at first, but two quality quarterbacks to fight for the starting job, 5 db's to replace 4 seniors, height at WR and OL size.

http://www.eiupanthers.com/news/2016/2/3/FB_0203161519.aspx
How are you guys looking at punter? xthumbsupx

eiu1999
February 4th, 2016, 03:33 PM
How are you guys looking at punter? xthumbsupx

Heard they're looking at the women's rugby team to fill out that problem.

UNIFanSince1983
February 4th, 2016, 03:55 PM
Pretty sure Lamar said they had the #1 recruiting class. Just saying. Don't kill the messenger.

Well to be fair I am pretty sure 247 sports has Lamar as the 3rd best in FCS. Trailing only Yale and Columbia...

McNeese72
February 4th, 2016, 03:58 PM
Wait... .....some people actually are taking this thread seriously??????

Doc

UNH72Plus
February 4th, 2016, 04:28 PM
We went and recruited a bunch of slow, fat, and small white dudes who know nothing of "southern speed"...Most, if not all, are FBS transfers who were arrested and charged with murder at their previous school, but JSU was willing to take a chance on EVERY kid that reached out. We claim to have the #1 recruiting class too, but I don't see how that's possible with the lack of athleticism we went after. We are hoping by some dumb miracle, if the planets all align, and if we can possibly get our guys in their pants and pads that we might win a couple games next year.

Happy Signing Day everyone...!

http://gojaxstate.boards.net/thread/2098/newest-gamecocks-2016-edition

Ouch! Me thinks thou dost protest too much.

Thumper 76
February 4th, 2016, 10:46 PM
http://showbizgeek.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Screen-Shot-2013-08-16-at-13.52.34.png

I thought he worked at Subway? They have soup there now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Casey_Orourke
February 5th, 2016, 03:04 AM

Exactly..... Not saying this is the best in the FCS, but I think it is one of the best Portland State has gotten in a long time.
PSU signed 16 student athletes (10 on defense, 6 on offense --13 freshmen and 3 transfers). Coach Barnum said that he wanted the tough student athletes (no "pretty boys" or "Hollywoods") that fit into the model demonstrated by AJ Schlatter and into the culture he is building at PSU.

But he is really happy to get Davis Alexander out of Gig Harbor Washington (said he committed the day PSU announced Barnum's 5 yr contract).

If you want more information on them and see their highlight videos check out http://goviks.com/news/2016/2/2/FB_0202163834.aspx

Letter of Intent Bio POS YR HGT• WGT Hometown (Schools Attended)
Kenton Bartlett LB FR 6-3 • 235 Boise, ID (Centennial HS)
Montre Brown CB FR 6-1 • 180 Tacoma, WA (Wilson HS)
Dylan Hanley LB FR 6-3 • 225 Grants Pass, OR (Grants Pass HS)
Mason Vega LB FR 6-3 • 220 Rancho Cucamonga, CA (Los Osos HS)
Daniel Giannosa TE FR 6-8 • 250 Modesto, CA (Big Valley Christian HS)
Anthony Del Toro DT FR 6-2 • 285 Grants Pass, OR (Grants Pass HS)
AJ Ruffin TE FR 6-5 • 250 Tacoma, WA (Wilson HS) Highlights
Avery Jones LB FR 6-3 • 200 Sherwood, OR (Valley Catholic HS)
Korbin Sorensen OL FR 6-6 • 275 Kennewick, WA (Kamiakin HS)
Moustapha Toure OL FR 6-6 • 310 Abidjan, Ivory Coast (Horizon Christian HS)
Davis Alexander QB FR 5-11 • 180 Gig Harbor, WA (Gig Harbor HS)
Ryan Wood DB JR 6-2 • 195 Peoria, AZ (Sunrise Mountain HS/Glendale CC)
Chris Hayes S JR 6-1 • 185 Los Angeles, CA (Westlake HS/Oregon State)
Tommy Laverde OL FR 6-5 • 285 Portland, OR (Lincoln HS)
Steffen Jacobsen S FR 6-2 • 200 Portland, OR (Wilson HS)
Taylor Biaggi S/LB JR 6-2 • 205 Windsor, CA (Windsor HS/Santa Rosa JC)

lionsrking2
February 5th, 2016, 03:35 AM
SOUTHEASTERN LOUISIANA

Jaquandre Allen, 6-0, 220, LB, New Iberia, La., Westgate HS
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1691319/hig ... 3227448/v3 (http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1691319/highlights/283227448/v3)

*Raekeal Beasley, 5-7, 155, ATH, Florence, Ala., Moorpark College/Brooks HS
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/463675/high ... 4576377/v3 (http://www.hudl.com/athlete/463675/highlights/234576377/v3)

Alfred Beverly, 6-5, 350, OL, Beaumont, Texas, West Brook HS
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1834087/hig ... 6841398/v3 (http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1834087/highlights/316841398/v3)

Ian Brian, 6-0, 195, QB, Baton Rouge, La., Catholic HS
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2360245/hig ... 8157393/v3 (http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2360245/highlights/298157393/v3)

Ronald Cherry, 6-4, 275, DL, Lake Charles, La., Washington-Marion HS
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/4284096/hig ... 9581376/v3 (http://www.hudl.com/athlete/4284096/highlights/309581376/v3)

Josh Cleveland, 5-9, 185, ATH, Del Valle, Texas, Navarro College/Del Valle HS
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/442083/high ... 7890470/v3 (http://www.hudl.com/athlete/442083/highlights/297890470/v3)

*Julius Craft, 6-2, 185, WR, Mendenhall, Miss., Copiah-Lincoln CC/Mendenhall HS
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/4206069/hig ... 7426392/v3 (http://www.hudl.com/athlete/4206069/highlights/307426392/v3)

Chauncey Davis, 6-7, 250, DL, Oakland, Calif., Chabot College/San Leandro HS
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/944767/high ... 9335383/v3 (http://www.hudl.com/athlete/944767/highlights/299335383/v3)

Mayori Ellison, 6-4, 180, DB, Hayward, Calif., Chabot College/Hayward HS
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1634552/hig ... 3138405/v3 (http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1634552/highlights/293138405/v3)

Marcus Flavors, 6-1, 290, DL, Crestview, Fla., Crestview HS
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2930852/hig ... 1297379/v3 (http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2930852/highlights/311297379/v3)

Abraham Freeman, 6-3, 230, LB, Telfair, Ga., Iowa Western CC/Telfair County HS
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/4073468/hig ... 6185376/v3 (http://www.hudl.com/athlete/4073468/highlights/316185376/v3)

Greg Hardaway, 6-1, 300, DL, San Antonio, Texas, Cisco College/Wagner HS
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/4146065/hig ... 4070389/v3 (http://www.hudl.com/athlete/4146065/highlights/304070389/v3)

Ezekiel Jenkins, 6-0, 215, FB, Edmond, Okla., Edmond Santa Fe HS
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1798879/hig ... 6802427/v3 (http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1798879/highlights/316802427/v3)

Jake Jiannoni, 6-0, 220, LB, Palm Springs, Calif., Golden West College/La Quinta HS
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3999299/hig ... 7905470/v3 (http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3999299/highlights/297905470/v3)

Andrew Jones, 6-0, 170, WR, Amite, La., Amite HS
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/6107812/hig ... 9460476/v3 (http://www.hudl.com/athlete/6107812/highlights/319460476/v3)

Jermaine Jones, 6-2, 345, OL, Greenwood, Miss., Northwest Mississippi CC/Leflore County HS
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/4702096/hig ... 0064375/v3 (http://www.hudl.com/athlete/4702096/highlights/310064375/v3)

Aaron Kent, 6-4, 270, DL, New Orleans, La., Edna Karr HS
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3536571/hig ... 1109406/v3 (http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3536571/highlights/301109406/v3)

Jack Lechman, 6-1, 221, LB, Mansfield, Texas, Mansfield Lake Ridge HS
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2318270/hig ... 2932386/v3 (http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2318270/highlights/322932386/v3)

Kijuan Lee, 5-11, 190, DB, Kentwood, La., Jewel Sumner HS
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/5327935/hig ... 3079404/v3 (http://www.hudl.com/athlete/5327935/highlights/313079404/v3)

*Lakedric Lee, 5-11, 210, RB, McComb, Miss., Copiah-Lincoln CC/North Pike HS
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/4206063/hig ... 4895376/v3 (http://www.hudl.com/athlete/4206063/highlights/304895376/v3)

Mitchell Lee, 6-4, 240, TE, Orange, Texas, Little Cypress-Mauriceville HS
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3390562/hig ... 6279404/v3 (http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3390562/highlights/316279404/v3)

*Chris Phillips, 6-5, 350, OL, Olive Branch, Miss., Northwest Mississippi CC/Olive Branch HS
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2344709/hig ... 4967442/v3 (http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2344709/highlights/314967442/v3)

Jacq'co Price, 6-2, 175, WR, Crowley, La., Crowley HS
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2291709/hig ... 5485401/v3 (http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2291709/highlights/315485401/v3)

Landon Rayburn, 6-7, 350, OL, Kentwood, La., Jewel Sumner HS
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2620528/hig ... 9818375/v3 (http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2620528/highlights/319818375/v3)

Bransen Schwebel, 6-5, 230, TE, Amite, La., Oak Forest Academy
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3038222/hig ... 1967381/v3 (http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3038222/highlights/311967381/v3)

*Lee Spight, 6-0, 245, LB, Lexana, Kan., Hutchinson CC/Shawnee Mission West HS
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/4042733/hig ... 5936460/v3 (http://www.hudl.com/athlete/4042733/highlights/285936460/v3)

*Brayleon Thorns, 5-11, 185, DB, Garland, Texas, Navarro College/South Garland HS
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3508779/hig ... 8170375/v3 (http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3508779/highlights/298170375/v3)

*Jeff Williams II, 6-0, 200, DB, Baton Rouge, La., Sierra College/St. Amant HS
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3790938/hig ... 8510388/v3 (http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3790938/highlights/298510388/v3)

Sammy94
February 5th, 2016, 01:32 PM
SOUTHEASTERN LOUISIANA

Wow, you have got to be a pretty special kid to receive an offer right out of high school from the Lions.

catamount man
February 5th, 2016, 01:40 PM
I quit worrying about recruiting class rankings when some FCS site herald Dennis Wagner's 2009 and 2010 WCU signees as the top class in FCS. Wagner went 8-36 in Cullowhee. Nuff said. GO CATS!

achrist70
February 5th, 2016, 02:10 PM
Jeez two 350 pounders

Sam_Kats
February 5th, 2016, 02:22 PM
SELA wins the 'best names in recruiting class' award. WOW

Schism55
February 5th, 2016, 02:32 PM
Jeez two 350 pounders
You saw what NDSU did to those 350 pounders from Jax state. Fat don't mean ****.

JSUSoutherner
February 5th, 2016, 02:41 PM
You saw what NDSU did to those 350 pounders from Jax state. Fat don't mean ****.
We had no 350 pounders. Our biggest guy was 320 and he was a nose tackle. But ok.

Plus, fat people throw our Southern Speed off balance.

ursus arctos horribilis
February 5th, 2016, 02:55 PM
NAME Pos. Hgt. Wt. Hometown (High School) Player Highlights

Samuel Akem WR 6'4 188 Broken Arrow, OK / Broken Arrow HS
Conlan Beaver OT 6'5 250 Fredericksburg, VA / Massaponax HS
Trace Bradshaw DL 6'3 225 Bozeman, MT / Bozeman HS
Brennan Corbin WR 6'5 200 Anaheim, CA / Villa Park HS
Lewis Cowans CB 6'1 195 Mission Viejo, CA / Mission Viejo
Gavin Crow S 6'1 195 Kennewick, WA / Kamiakin HS
Josh Egbo DB 6'2 186 Gilbert, AZ / Highland HS
Dylan Eickmeyer OG 6'4 260 Tucson, AZ / Salpointe Catholic HS
Noah Gerald DE 6'3 201 Gilbert, AZ / Williams Field HS
Rey Green RB 5'11 213 Vancouver, WA / Union HS
Thayne Jackson OG 6'5 265 Gilbert, AZ / Gilbert HS
Gresch Jensen QB 6'2 187 Auburn, WA / Auburn Mountainview HS
Trase Le Texier LB 6'2 226 Boulder, MT / Jefferson County HS
Jace Lewis LB 6'1 207 Townsend, MT / Broadwater County HS
Esai Longoria DT 6'3 268 Caldwell, ID / Vallivue HS
Devin Maua DE 6'3 240 Billings, MT / Senior HS
Caleb Mitchell LS 6'1 185 North Bend, WA / Mount Si HS
Jed Nagler WR 6'4 207 Whitefish, MT / Whitefish HS
Dareon Nash WR 6'2 175 Covina, CA / Charter Oak HS
Randy Rodriguez DT 6'3 230 Peoria, AZ / Centenial HS
Cole Rosling DL 6'4 225 Helena, MT / Capital HS
Brandon Scott OT 6'7 330 Owasso, OK / Owasso HS
Ashton Torres OT 6'4 285 Aurora, CO / Cherokee Trail HS
Samori Toure WR 6'3 175 Portland, OR / Westview HS

Transfers

James Banks LB 6'1 225 Eugene, OR / Sheldon HS / Alabama-Birmingham
Austin Carver K 5'9 200 Gilbert, AZ / Gilbert HS / Mesa CC
Brandt Davidson DT 6'3 295 Tuscon, AZ / Ironwood Ridge HS / Scottsdale CC
James Homan WR 6'2 175 Brenham, TX / Brenham HS / Blinn College
Lane Hovey WR 6'4 205 Adel, IA / Adel HS / Nebraska
Connor Kaegi QB 6'7 205 Ashland, OR / Ashland HS / Feather River College
Myles Mckee-Osibodu DT 6'3 270 Santa Ana, CA / Centennial HS / Santa Ana College
Reese Phillips QB 6'2 225 Chattanooga, TN / Signal Mountain HS / Kentucky

McNeese75
February 5th, 2016, 03:30 PM
Jeez two 350 pounders

Yep, they have a history of "fat" OL.

clenz
February 5th, 2016, 03:42 PM
If that's what you want to think, then so be it.

I know what I did for Rivals. I know the e-mails I got.

Keep telling yourself lies, it's about all you're good at.

McNeese72
February 5th, 2016, 07:37 PM
Wow, you have got to be a pretty special kid to receive an offer right out of high school from the Lions.

Wow!! Another big class! 28 signees!! How many years is that in a row? Where do they get all the scholarships????

Doc

lionsrking2
February 5th, 2016, 10:01 PM
Wow!! Another big class! 28 signees!! How many years is that in a row? Where do they get all the scholarships????

Doc

We lost 28 seniors, we signed 28 players. Plus we still have scholarships left over for transfers.

McNeese72
February 6th, 2016, 08:53 PM
We lost 28 seniors, we signed 28 players. Plus we still have scholarships left over for transfers.

Googling you had 24 in 2013, 20 in 2014, 28 in 2015, and 28 this year. That's 100 in 4 years????

Doc

lionsrking2
February 6th, 2016, 09:23 PM
Googling you had 24 in 2013, 20 in 2014, 28 in 2015, and 28 this year. That's 100 in 4 years????

Doc

I didn't count that far back but sounds right.

Nickels
February 6th, 2016, 09:27 PM

Doc
Most of them transferred to LDOC...

BisonFan02
February 6th, 2016, 09:34 PM
Yep, they have a history of "fat" OL.

Especially at the center position. :D xdrunkyx

chattownmocs
February 7th, 2016, 12:04 AM
If that's what you want to think, then so be it.

I know what I did for Rivals. I know the e-mails I got.

Keep telling yourself lies, it's about all you're good at.

The offer lists are less credible than the rankings if you pretend that they mean those players could have actually signed with all those schools just because they have a check mark under offer.

These offers are made with continencies, and are almost always not even committable, let alone signable.

If you don't even know that, you shouldn't even be on this thread let alone questioning me. STFU

kdinva
February 7th, 2016, 10:51 AM
This morning VMI's 21st signee did his LOI:

Duncan Hodges, QB, 6'3", 219, Morris, AL. (older brother is starting QB for Samford).

VMI announced 17 this afternoon:

Josh Andre OL 6-6, 257 Warrenton, Va./Fauquier H.S.
Elliott Brewster LB 6-2, 200 Dublin, Va./Pulaski H.S
Sawaar Canady OL 6-5, 290 Newport News, Va./Heritage H.S.
Ryan Clark DE 6-6, 220 Alcoa, Tenn./Alcoa H.S.
Kuony Deng OLB 6-6, 190 Aldie, Va./ John Champe H.S.
Jay Gavin WR 6-4, 185 Big Stone Gap, Va./Union H.S.
Kendrick Jackson WR 5-8, 170 Roswell, Ga./Roswell H.S.
Critt Johnson OL 6-7, 275 Virginia Beach, Va./Bishop Sullivan
Reed King K 5-9, 150 Grafton, Va./Grafton H.S.
Tyler Kisling OL 6-5, 260 Morgantown, W.Va./Morgantown
Javeon Lara WR 6-0, 175 Schulenburg, Texas/Schulenburg H.S.
Najee Lawrence OLB 6-1, 193 Glen Allen, Va./Glen Allen H.S.
Bradley Lythgoe SS 5-11, 190 Daleville, Va. /Lord Botetourt
Rohan Martin WR 5-10, 175 Stafford, Va./Colonial Forge H.S.
Daz Palmer RB 5-10, 175 Virginia Beach, Va./Lake Taylor H.S.
Tyain Smith RB 6-2, 195 Chesapeake, Va./Indian River H.S.
Kaleb Tucker CB 6-1, 165 Kecoughtan, Va./Kecoughtan H.S.

and three others tweeted after the press release that they have signed:

OL Aaron Gallagher (6-3 265) Hanover, VA
LB JC Coy (6-0 205 4.6) Chester, VA
DB Kaelin Snead (5-9 165 4.41) Richmond, VA

plus the Keydets have visiting Post this coming weekend a QB who has been offered a full scholly, and hoping he signs his LOI Sunday.....

JSUSoutherner
February 7th, 2016, 10:57 AM
The offer lists are less credible than the rankings if you pretend that they mean those players could have actually signed with all those schools just because they have a check mark under offer.

These offers are made with continencies, and are almost always not even committable, let alone signable.

If you don't even know that, you shouldn't even be on this thread let alone questioning me. STFU

I love how you, someone who didn't work at Rivals, are trying to tell Clenz, who did work at Rivals, how Rivals works. xcoffeex

Bisonoline
February 7th, 2016, 06:13 PM

Do you just make this stuff up as you go along? Of all of the recruits I have known over the years Ive never heard one mention anything about a contingency.
Of all of the offers I received there was not one contingency.

BisonFan02
February 7th, 2016, 08:21 PM
Do you just make this stuff up as you go along? Of all of the recruits I have known over the years Ive never heard one mention anything about a contingency.

Chatty was offered a job at Subway, but it was contingent on a background check.

Bisonoline
February 7th, 2016, 08:34 PM
Chatty was offered a job at Subway, but it was contingent on a background check.

Still looking for work I guess. xnodx

BEAR
February 8th, 2016, 08:09 AM
So did we find out who had the best recruiting class in the FCS? xlolx

( My next post will be #6666....my satan post. ) xeyebrowx

Smitty
February 8th, 2016, 08:34 AM
So did we find out who had the best recruiting class in the FCS? xlolx

( My next post will be #6666....my satan post. ) xeyebrowx

I think it was a unanimous decision to hold the vote for 4 years, then decide then.

BisonBacker
February 8th, 2016, 08:39 AM

He turned it down for an offer at Fat Alberts sub shop http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/4tgAAOSw0HVWD~VP/s-l300.jpg xlolx

Houndawg
February 8th, 2016, 02:44 PM
We had no 350 pounders. Our biggest guy was 320 and he was a nose tackle. But ok.

Plus, fat people throw our Southern Speed off balance.

They track mud all over your defense too...:D

Houndawg
February 8th, 2016, 02:47 PM

So you could say that many of the offers are incontinent?

blackbeard
February 8th, 2016, 04:20 PM

Hate to be accused of agreeing with chattownmocs, but MANY offers made by the big FBS schools are contingent and not committable. Contingent upon coming to their camps and performing better than others invited, contingent on Sr year play, and of course the obligatory grades and staying out of trouble.

Many kids get these "offers" but then when they try to commit the coaches tell them its not a "Committable Offer", I've seen it first hand. Then some turn into "greyshirt" offers. Just more of the recruiting charades that Saban, Meyer, Harbaugh and others are using to toy with these kids. Coaches want it to be a one way street. Highly sought after 5 star guys have enough leverage to play the game the way they choose, the rest are at the mercy of the coaches.

Bisonoline
February 8th, 2016, 06:53 PM
Hate to be accused of agreeing with chattownmocs, but MANY offers made by the big FBS schools are contingent and not committable. Contingent upon coming to their camps and performing better than others invited, contingent on Sr year play, and of course the obligatory grades and staying out of trouble.

Many kids get these "offers" but then when they try to commit the coaches tell them its not a "Committable Offer", I've seen it first hand. Then some turn into "greyshirt" offers. Just more of the recruiting charades that Saban, Meyer, Harbaugh and others are using to toy with these kids. Coaches want it to be a one way street. Highly sought after 5 star guys have enough leverage to play the game the way they choose, the rest are at the mercy of the coaches.

We arent talking offers out of football camps. I went back and nothing was mentioned about offers out of camps. This thread is Best recruiting class in FCS. I would assume thats determined by looking at who signed with whom and what valid offers those players had and more importantly just how good those players are.