PDA

View Full Version : Western Carolina Announces all-sports Athletics Apparel Deal with adidas

The Cats
January 30th, 2016, 01:01 PM
http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/wcar/sports/genrel/auto_action/11630373.jpeg

Western Carolina Catamount Athletics has entered into a multi-year agreement with adidas to become its official all-sports apparel provider beginning with the 2016-17 academic year, according to an announcement by WCU Director of Athletics, Randy Eaton (http://www.catamountsports.com/genrel/randy_eaton_832181.html).

The five-year partnership takes effect on July 1, 2016, and marks the first exclusive and comprehensive all-sports apparel deal for Western Carolina Athletics’ 16 intercollegiate sport programs. Several WCU sports had independently used adidas products for uniforms, sideline and travel gear over the past few years, including Catamount football, men’s basketball and volleyball, and women’s basketball went “All-In” with adidas prior to this season.

“I am extremely pleased to be partnering with adidas, a world-wide leader in athletic performance apparel,” said Eaton of the benchmark deal for Catamount Athletics. “This agreement will allow all of our student-athletes to practice and compete in world-renowned performance products. The partnership will also enhance the purchasing power for all of our teams, while maintaining the highest quality of performance products for our student-athletes.”

Eaton added, “The ability to join the adidas brand with that of Western Carolina Athletics was an opportunity we had been anticipating since my arrival in 2011. I look forward to a long and prosperous partnership between WCU Athletics and adidas.”

“We look forward to outfitting the Catamounts in our newest and most innovative apparel and uniforms,” said Jim Murphy, Director of NCAA Sports Marketing for adidas America. "Our mission is to help athletes perform better and this new partnership continues to demonstrate our commitment to U.S. college sports and delivering the best high-performance products to teams and athletes.”

http://www.catamountsports.com/genrel/012216aaa.html

catamount man
January 31st, 2016, 10:27 AM
Good to know that the entire athletic dept will have one apparel provider. GO CATS!!!

dewey
February 1st, 2016, 07:27 AM
Are there any financial details to this deal or is it Western Carolina gets free/reduced cost gear?

Dewey

clenz
February 1st, 2016, 07:34 AM
I would guess reduced price gear. Most smaller schools get that deal.

Aren't many FCS schools on the, what Nike calls, Elite deal for all sports. I don't know what adidas calls it but I'd bet there isn't and FCS school on it, especially for all sports

UCMoc
February 1st, 2016, 08:18 AM
http://nooga.com/165113/chattanooga-inks-five-year-apparel-deal-with-adidas/

Chattanooga got pretty much what you guys are saying. It provides a discount for all sports. Our uniforms look much better across the board. As a fan, I have liked being able to buy higher quality stuff that matches what the teams are wearing.

kdinva
February 1st, 2016, 09:05 AM
VMI has Under Armour apparel, etc.....similar deal as the others above....

clenz
February 1st, 2016, 05:05 PM
http://nooga.com/165113/chattanooga-inks-five-year-apparel-deal-with-adidas/

Chattanooga got pretty much what you guys are saying. It provides a discount for all sports. Our uniforms look much better across the board. As a fan, I have liked being able to buy higher quality stuff that matches what the teams are wearing.
UNI used to be on that deal...about 03-13. Before that UNI was still Nike but a full cost Nike school.

Then in the last year or two Nike added UNI to it's Premium Elite line up, or name like that.

Now, across the board, UNI gets multiple sets of uniforms, warm ups, accessories, shoes, etc... for free. Also the uniforms are going to be the newest release from Nike going forward as opposed to being the generation before.

UNI's basketball uniforms this year are available to only about a dozen schools - Arizona, Duke, Syracuse, Kentucky, Oregon, Florida, Baylor, UCONN, San Diego State, UNI and maybe a couple others.

I know we'll be getting new uniforms for football that are yet to be revealed. They are going to be the newest whatever Nike has. I'm really hoping we ditch the black pants again, but I'd doubt that will happen. That's the trademark of Farley. It was all white pants before he got to UNI, he brought in black pants, used white pants for two years in 10 and 11 and he hated them and went back to black for the set we had from 12-15.

Farley also hates 3rd uniforms but I wouldn't be shocked to see UNI have a purple and a much higher quality black home uniform next year along with white, purple and black pants. I'd also expect to see UNI use two different purple helmets and maybe bring the white helmet back next year as well.

peran
February 21st, 2022, 03:31 AM
I’ve always been a fan of Nike when comparing best sports brands.

Bill
February 21st, 2022, 08:11 PM
UNI used to be on that deal...about 03-13. Before that UNI was still Nike but a full cost Nike school.

Then in the last year or two Nike added UNI to it's Premium Elite line up, or name like that.

Now, across the board, UNI gets multiple sets of uniforms, warm ups, accessories, shoes, etc... for free. Also the uniforms are going to be the newest release from Nike going forward as opposed to being the generation before.

UNI's basketball uniforms this year are available to only about a dozen schools - Arizona, Duke, Syracuse, Kentucky, Oregon, Florida, Baylor, UCONN, San Diego State, UNI and maybe a couple others.

I know we'll be getting new uniforms for football that are yet to be revealed. They are going to be the newest whatever Nike has. I'm really hoping we ditch the black pants again, but I'd doubt that will happen. That's the trademark of Farley. It was all white pants before he got to UNI, he brought in black pants, used white pants for two years in 10 and 11 and he hated them and went back to black for the set we had from 12-15.

Farley also hates 3rd uniforms but I wouldn't be shocked to see UNI have a purple and a much higher quality black home uniform next year along with white, purple and black pants. I'd also expect to see UNI use two different purple helmets and maybe bring the white helmet back next year as well.

Clenz, do you have a link I can follow to read about that deal?

I'm a bit surprised to read a FCS school has a deal like that...and I'd like to learn more. I teach a few sports business courses and this information is interesting!