View Full Version : East/West Shrine Game - FCS Players

KPSUL
January 24th, 2016, 11:28 AM
The most impressive offensive and defensive players in yesterday's East West Shrine game were Victor Ochi, DE from Stony Brook and Vernon Adams formerly Eastern Washington QB. Adams threw 3 TDs in 30 mins of playing time and Ochi was constantly in the opponent's backfield showing speed, strength and great instincts. Ochi had been elected East Team Captain. 95% of the players in the game were from FBS teams.

RootinFerDukes
January 24th, 2016, 12:08 PM
What are ochi's odds of getting drafted?

BisonFan02
January 24th, 2016, 02:34 PM
What are ochi's odds of getting drafted?

Good question....I think the problem Ochi is going to have is that he's kinda small and might have to learn how to play standing up.

KPSUL
January 24th, 2016, 03:11 PM
What are ochi's odds of getting drafted?s

He is 10-15 lbs less than optimal for a NFL DE, But like BisonFan 02 said, he may end up playing OLB, or a DE/OLB hybrid pass rusher who plays on passing situations. He also would be a good special teamer. I think he'll be drafted, if not some team will get a bargain signing him to an undrafted free agent rookie contract. He was one of the best athletes on the field in the E-W Game and many of those guys will play in the NFL.

How about Vernon Adams? Do you think he'll get drafted? I'd see him as a good fit backing Russell Wilson or Kaepernick. I think Chip Kelly might take a chance on him.

centennial
January 24th, 2016, 03:52 PM
s

He is 10-15 lbs less than optimal for a NFL DE, But like BisonFan 02 said, he may end up playing OLB, or a DE/OLB hybrid pass rusher who plays on passing situations. He also would be a good special teamer. I think he'll be drafted, if not some team will get a bargain signing him to an undrafted free agent rookie contract. He was one of the best athletes on the field in the E-W Game and many of those guys will play in the NFL.

How about Vernon Adams? Do you think he'll get drafted? I'd see him as a good fit backing Russell Wilson or Kaepernick. I think Chip Kelly might take a chance on him.
I think Adams has a chance in the 6th. Problem is his height, he looks like 5'10.

BEAR
January 25th, 2016, 12:19 PM
Oh ...I thought by the title this was going to be a list of the FCS players in the game.

BisonTru
January 25th, 2016, 03:29 PM
I think Adams has a chance in the 6th. Problem is his height, he looks like 5'10.

Yeah, I think Russel Wilson really helps guys like VA. He's proven you can win in the NFL with a shorter mobile QB. The thing is you want to use their mobility to extend plays and run in wide open spaces (don't take hits).

However, Manziel and Tebow are good examples of why you don't want to draft these guys too high. Lots of risk, if they work out. With Manziel's off the field issues, I thought that was just a bone head pick on the Browns.

superman7515
January 25th, 2016, 03:47 PM
Oh ...I thought by the title this was going to be a list of the FCS players in the game.

That's over in the original thread: http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?179802-East-West-Shrine-NFLPA-FCS-Players