PDA

View Full Version : JSU QB Jenkins arrested

BisonFan02
January 20th, 2016, 10:05 AM
http://www.annistonstar.com/news/jsu-quarterback-arrested-after-domestic-violence-call/article_623f2ecc-bf8a-11e5-8bac-7fe5a7779e51.html

Yikes. Maybe Spack just found his replacement for Roberson? :D Never good to see stuff like this.

Professor Chaos
January 20th, 2016, 10:15 AM
Wow.

I've given my fair share of crap to ISUr people about Coprich but this is a much bigger deal than what Coprich did IMO if true. Literally no details are out there yet it seems so no need to jump to conclusions about possible punishment but, needless to say, this is a nightmare scenario for any college coach regardless.

Thundar
January 20th, 2016, 10:17 AM
thats the definition of All American if ive ever seen one.......wow

BisonFan02
January 20th, 2016, 10:18 AM
Wow.

I've given my fair share of crap to ISUr people about Coprich but this is a much bigger deal than what Coprich did IMO if true. Literally no details are out there yet it seems so no need to jump to conclusions about possible punishment but, needless to say, this is a nightmare scenario for any college coach regardless.

Yes....I'm not starting this thread to "break out the pitchforks" since there isn't really any info out yet, but it is news nonetheless.

dgtw
January 20th, 2016, 11:25 AM
If he did it, Grass needs to kick his ass off the team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NoDak 4 Ever
January 20th, 2016, 11:28 AM

Congratulations! You're better than a ISUr poster.

JSUSoutherner
January 20th, 2016, 11:28 AM

Agreed, but I really hope he didn't. I honestly didn't expect something like this from him.

Bison Fan in NW MN
January 20th, 2016, 11:33 AM
I'll wait to see what more comes out. Hopefully it is not true.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 20th, 2016, 11:46 AM
Friendliest Campus in the South*

Southern Bison
January 20th, 2016, 11:50 AM
Friendliest Campus in the South*

Congratulations! You're better than a ISUr poster.
Seriously, is your middle name Dick? If not, why are you trying so hard to be one?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

NoDak 4 Ever
January 20th, 2016, 11:57 AM
Seriously, is your middle name Dick? If not, why are you trying so hard to be one?

aw. You know I blush at the attention you pay me.

Daytripper
January 20th, 2016, 12:18 PM
Innocent until proven guilty.

gumby013
January 20th, 2016, 12:30 PM
Fulmer Cup points for JSU!

IBleedYellow
January 20th, 2016, 12:36 PM

I'll hold my thoughts until more details come out.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 20th, 2016, 12:37 PM

Correct but there's that thing about smoke and fire. If we're going to talk about it, might as well talk about it.

IBleedYellow
January 20th, 2016, 12:38 PM
Correct but there's that thing about smoke and fire. If we're going to talk about it, might as well talk about it.

You act like our **** don't stink. Under Bohl we had some really stupid things happen.

Shut up. Act like class. Or be the classless douche that we know you as.

BEAR
January 20th, 2016, 12:45 PM
http://www.annistonstar.com/news/jsu-quarterback-arrested-after-domestic-violence-call/article_623f2ecc-bf8a-11e5-8bac-7fe5a7779e51.html

Yikes. Maybe Spack just found his replacement for Roberson? :D Never good to see stuff like this.

Why is that paper named after Jennifer? And why is the sheriff all Giddy about the arrest? xeyebrowx

JSUSoutherner
January 20th, 2016, 12:57 PM
Rumor is that a neighbor heard yelling, got annoyed, and called the cops. One of our team members on Twitter posted the following on Twitter recently:

"posting articles for clicks and have absolutely no idea what happened. lost a lot of respect for some media outlets this morning."

Still no official word.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 20th, 2016, 12:57 PM
You act like our **** don't stink. Under Bohl we had some really stupid things happen.

Shut up. Act like class. Or be the classless douche that we know you as.
Seriously go **** your sanctimonious self. If you're a board cop, do something about it. I didn't really do much of anything. If you want class, looking for it on a message board is the wrong place.

IBleedYellow
January 20th, 2016, 01:06 PM
Seriously go **** your sanctimonious self. If you're a board cop, do something about it. I didn't really do much of anything. If you want class, looking for it on a message board is the wrong place.

This affects a young mans future, and you're sitting here laughing at him. Does that make you feel like a more impressive person that you can laugh at a young man's misfortune? Yes, he brought this upon himself. Yes, it was a very selfish and idiotic act. However, you're almost as bad as he is with your condescending attitude that makes all of us look like ****.

How much money would you like me to donate each year so that we can get your testosterone levels brought back up to normal standards so that a 21 year old won't make you feel inferior?

clenz
January 20th, 2016, 01:07 PM
There's a reason no one cared when you left....

IBleedYellow
January 20th, 2016, 01:09 PM
I ALMOST want NDSU to lose again so that he'll go run and hide on Bisonville for the rest of eternity.

But that would mean NDSU would have to lose.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

NoDak 4 Ever
January 20th, 2016, 01:11 PM
Oh good, the wagons are circling. Go get dad to ban me.

JSUSoutherner
January 20th, 2016, 01:13 PM
I ALMOST want NDSU to lose again so that he'll go run and hide on Bisonville for the rest of eternity.

I think the worst part is I bet had this happened to Stick and someone pulled the crap he is that he would be the first to unleash the dogs. xcoffeex

IBleedYellow
January 20th, 2016, 01:14 PM
I think the worst part is I bet had this happened to Stick and someone pulled the crap he is that he would be the first to unleash the dogs. xcoffeex
Oh he'd be on the attack like no one's business.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 20th, 2016, 01:15 PM
Is my view of this thread different than every one elses? I could swear I'm no the only one who cracked a joke.

Oh yeah, it's personal with me.

JSUSoutherner
January 20th, 2016, 01:16 PM
Oh he'd be on the attack like no one's business.

The best defense is a good offense, right? Frisco is proof. xnodx

IBleedYellow
January 20th, 2016, 01:17 PM
The best defense is a good offense, right? Frisco is proof. xnodx
Our defense was pretty good. ;)

Bison56
January 20th, 2016, 01:21 PM

^This, its the same s**t different thread.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 20th, 2016, 01:25 PM
^This, its the same s**t different thread.

Please, what **** is that? How about Thundar or gumbys posts? What did I write that was so egregiously offensive that the AGS Green Lantern Corps had to jump all over me?

IBleedYellow
January 20th, 2016, 01:30 PM
So I'm reading and hearing that Eli has a little kid?

Hopefully it didn't happen to mom in front of the little one.

JSUSoutherner
January 20th, 2016, 01:31 PM
So I'm reading and hearing that Eli has a little kid?

Hopefully it didn't happen to mom in front of the little one.

Hopefully nothing happened at all but yeah, he has a small son.

IBleedYellow
January 20th, 2016, 01:34 PM
Hopefully nothing happened at all but yeah, he has a small son.
Well, obviously.

JSUSoutherner
January 20th, 2016, 01:37 PM
Well, obviously.

Sorry, working on my post count.xthumbsupx

BisonBacker
January 20th, 2016, 01:38 PM

This right here says a lot about you sadly.

BisonFan02
January 20th, 2016, 01:39 PM
Sorry, working on my post count.xthumbsupx

Nice work.

BisonBacker
January 20th, 2016, 01:39 PM

Clenz we don't always agree on different things but this right here is spot on xnodx

BisonBacker
January 20th, 2016, 01:41 PM
Please, what **** is that? How about Thundar or gumbys posts? What did I write that was so egregiously offensive that the AGS Green Lantern Corps had to jump all over me?

That you have to ask this there is no reason to continue any dialogue with you. Go back and read your posts.

- - - Updated - - -

That you have to ask this there is no reason to continue any dialogue with you. Go back and read your posts.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 20th, 2016, 01:42 PM
Clenz we don't always agree on different things but this right here is spot on xnodx

You all seem to think I care about this.

The only real pain in the ass is your weird obsession with me tends to derail threads that don't need it. Once again, I said nothing worse than anyone else did but you have to convene the circle jerk nonetheless.

BisonBacker
January 20th, 2016, 01:44 PM

The only real pain in the ass is your weird obsession with me tends to derail threads that don't need it. Once again, I said nothing worse than anyone else did but you have to convene the circle jerk nonetheless.

The only Jerk in this thread is you.

- - - Updated - - -

You sure do a lot of posting in a thread you don't care about xsmhx

clenz
January 20th, 2016, 01:45 PM
Green lantern corps?

You mean the people who can manage to co-exist on this board?

NoDak 4 Ever
January 20th, 2016, 01:47 PM
Green lantern corps?

You mean the people who can manage to co-exist on this board?

No, the people who co-exist to manage the board, or at least think they do.

IBleedYellow
January 20th, 2016, 01:47 PM
Did the AGS Inner Circle get renamed? Hot damn yall.

BisonBacker
January 20th, 2016, 01:48 PM
Did the AGS Inner Circle get renamed? Hot damn yall.

We'll have to have a secret handshake xeyebrowx

Bisonoline
January 20th, 2016, 02:00 PM

Bingo

NoDak 4 Ever
January 20th, 2016, 02:06 PM
Can someone PM me the list of approved opinions? I mean, just to make this drift a little shorter.

jsualumnus
January 20th, 2016, 02:09 PM
It was an argument in an apartment complex that led a neighbor to call the cops because of the noise. When cops come to a domestic call, someone has to be arrested, and that is protocol. I doubt the charge will stay as it is a 3rd degree domestic assault charge. Pay a fine and be one with it. Eli is a great kid, and mistakes happen. To talk **** about a kid who probably had a lapse in judgement, with the stresses he has, is purely nonsense. I'm sure it's right having to support a girlfriend and a son being a college player, so relax and let this play out before saying he should be kicked off the team, suspended, or whatever you think should happen to him.

It is very refreshing to see support from some Bison fans, but those supporting calm and nonjudgment here have been kind all along.

BisonBacker
January 20th, 2016, 02:10 PM
Can someone PM me the list of approved opinions? I mean, just to make this drift a little shorter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85V1Xewv20k

Bisonator
January 20th, 2016, 02:12 PM
I will with hold judgement until the facts come out. I would hope most people would do the same but we all know how society is now days.

Hope he didn't steal someone's beer or piss on their fridge. That's just wrong!;)

Bisonoline
January 20th, 2016, 02:15 PM
It was an argument in an apartment complex that led a neighbor to call the cops because of the noise. When cops come to a domestic call, someone has to be arrested, and that is protocol. I doubt the charge will stay as it is a 3rd degree domestic assault charge. Pay a fine and be one with it. Eli is a great kid, and mistakes happen. To talk **** about a kid who probably had a lapse in judgement, with the stresses he has, is purely nonsense. I'm sure it's right having to support a girlfriend and a son being a college player, so relax and let this play out before saying he should be kicked off the team, suspended, or whatever you think should happen to him.

It is very refreshing to see support from some Bison fans, but those supporting calm and nonjudgment here have been kind all along.

If its nothing but a shouting match then nothing should come of it. Hopefully thats all it is.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85V1Xewv20k

Cant argue with that.xlolx

Daytripper
January 20th, 2016, 02:19 PM

I'll take a risk and jump in. I think some reactions to certain posters filter over from discussions on other boards such as the AGS Lounge/Political board. It can be difficult to compartmentalize when a response is just a click away.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 20th, 2016, 02:20 PM
I'll take a risk and jump in. I think some reactions to certain posters filter over from discussions on other boards such as the AGS Lounge/Political board. It can be difficult to compartmentalize when a response is just a click away.

unfortunately that is the case. I just hate what it does to some of these threads.

BisonBacker
January 20th, 2016, 02:25 PM
unfortunately that is the case. I just hate what it does to some of these threads.

What it does to some of these threads? You want to blame this on anything but your own douchebaggery is hilarious. I could give a **** about your political opinion. You have made some idiotic comments in this thread and now you want to deflect the blame to Politics? Grow a pair and own up to your being a douchebag it's pretty plain and simple. Everyone else here can see it you seem to be the only one with a problem not recognizing it.

SUPharmacist
January 20th, 2016, 02:28 PM

As all have said, lets wait and see what the facts are. However, if it escalated to anything physical (not saying it did) lets not be so quick to call it a lapse in judgment due to life stresses. I know a lot of people who have had rough lives who still have the common sense to not go down certain paths.

Bison Fan in NW MN
January 20th, 2016, 02:32 PM

Better be almost.....:)

In defense of NoDak, isn't it good to have differing opinions on here?

BisonBacker
January 20th, 2016, 02:33 PM
As all have said, lets wait and see what the facts are. However, if it escalated to anything physical (not saying it did) lets not be so quick to call it a lapse in judgment due to life stresses. I know a lot of people who have had rough lives who still have the common sense to not go down certain paths.

Agreed but before anyone starts speculating on what happened let the system play out. I remember a while back one NDSU linebacker who was accused of something and had it not been for a strategically located camera and a stroke of luck that it was there his guilt would have been played out in the court of public opinion and the media to the nth degree. Turned out he was innocent as you may well remember. Either way let the young man have his day in court if it comes to that.

- - - Updated - - -

Better be almost.....:)

In defense of NoDak, isn't it good to have differing opinions on here?

See my last post.

Bison Fan in NW MN
January 20th, 2016, 02:38 PM
What it does to some of these threads? You want to blame this on anything but your own douchebaggery is hilarious. I could give a **** about your political opinion. You have made some idiotic comments in this thread and now you want to deflect the blame to Politics? Grow a pair and own up to your being a douchebag it's pretty plain and simple. Everyone else here can see it you seem to be the only one with a problem not recognizing it.

NoDak actually is pretty articulate in his politics opinions. Do I agree with them? Most of the time no. He's got the best of me more than once in some of those discussions.

NoDak can defend himself but having differing opinions on here is a good thing IMO.

Reading this thread, what did he say that made everyone jump on him? A lot of guys on here think they are funny with some comments and a lot of times I think they are not. Look at the resident payaso on here, caribeanhen, he thinks he is funny and I don't.....some do.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 20th, 2016, 02:46 PM
NoDak actually is pretty articulate in his politics opinions. Do I agree with them? Most of the time no. He's got the best of me more than once in some of those discussions.

NoDak can defend himself but having differing opinions on here is a good thing IMO.

Reading this thread, what did he say that made everyone jump on him? A lot of guys on here think they are funny with some comments and a lot of times I think they are not. Look at the resident payaso on here, caribeanhen, he thinks he is funny and I don't.....some do.

I'm definitely funny. :D

Daytripper
January 20th, 2016, 02:49 PM

It's why I quit trying to be funny a long time ago. Not even my kid thinks I'm funny...

https://media.giphy.com/media/9Y5BbDSkSTiY8/giphy.gif

Bison Fan in NW MN
January 20th, 2016, 02:50 PM
It's why I quit trying to be funny a long time ago. Not even my kid thinks I'm funny...

https://media.giphy.com/media/9Y5BbDSkSTiY8/giphy.gif

My twin 20 year old girls just roll their eyes when I try to be funny.....especially when I play my 80s hair band music....xnodx

Bison Fan in NW MN
January 20th, 2016, 02:52 PM
I'm definitely funny. :D

I think it is just me.....I need to lighten up sometimes. Wife says I'm too serious at times....ya, she is right!

:D

jsualumnus
January 20th, 2016, 02:54 PM
I will with hold judgement until the facts come out. I would hope most people would do the same but we all know how society is now days.

Hope he didn't steal someone's beer or piss on their fridge. That's just wrong!;)

Hell, I'd go down for that in a heartbeat.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 20th, 2016, 02:55 PM
I think it is just me.....I need to lighten up sometimes. Wife says I'm too serious at times....ya, she is right!

:D

My problem is I am rarely serious.

IBleedYellow
January 20th, 2016, 02:58 PM
My twin 20 year old girls just roll their eyes when I try to be funny.....especially when I play my 80s hair band music....xnodx
Twin 20 year olds you say?

I'm definitely kidding here...I'm happily married.

Daytripper
January 20th, 2016, 02:58 PM

Let me guess....do you try to be David Coverdale or Jon Bon Jovi?....xsmhx

Daytripper
January 20th, 2016, 03:00 PM

Your wife just walked up behind you, didn't she?.....hence the edit?

Bison Fan in NW MN
January 20th, 2016, 03:01 PM
Let me guess....do you try to be David Coverdale or Jon Bon Jovi?....xsmhx

Nah, I'm more of an Angus Young guy.

Although one of the twins is really getting into fitness and weight lifting....like her dad and she likes my "music" when she works out.....:D

clenz
January 20th, 2016, 03:02 PM

That wording is quite disingenuous, and false as written.

Bison Fan in NW MN
January 20th, 2016, 03:03 PM

Ya. One at NDSU and the other at Moorhead State. Both are Bison fans!!!xnodx:D

NoDak 4 Ever
January 20th, 2016, 03:05 PM
Ya. One at NDSU and the other at Moorhead State. Both are Bison fans!!!xnodx:D

Very sweet, as is your wife.

Bison Fan in NW MN
January 20th, 2016, 03:09 PM
Very sweet, as is your wife.

As she says to me......"you married "up"...." She's right!....:D

ursus arctos horribilis
January 20th, 2016, 03:11 PM

I'm getting real ****ing sick of your mouth again, so shut it.

IBleedYellow
January 20th, 2016, 03:12 PM
Your wife just walked up behind you, didn't she?.....hence the edit?

No? Just wanted to make sure NW MN didn't get the wrong idea I wasn't being serious.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 20th, 2016, 03:13 PM
I'm getting real ****ing sick of your mouth again, so shut it.

Please tell me I'm being singled out again. Did you read the thread to see how I somehow violated something?

Bison Fan in NW MN
January 20th, 2016, 03:15 PM
No? Just wanted to make sure NW MN didn't get the wrong idea I wasn't being serious.

No worries....got a good smile out of it!!

:)

ursus arctos horribilis
January 20th, 2016, 03:17 PM

You really like to act like it has nothing to do with the character you've developed here...much like Lakes used to do. You could and should take my previous advice and shut the **** up on FCSD threads cuz this is the one place that your BS has gotten to me a lot this last year.

You keep it up on these FCS threads and I'll remove them from your use and leave the smack, poli, and whatever else your character on here is good at. Tired of this dumb **** all the time. I repeat, shut up. I'm done with it.

ursus arctos horribilis
January 20th, 2016, 03:18 PM
Please tell me I'm being singled out again. Did you read the thread to see how I somehow violated something?

I'm not arguing with you. Shut up.

ursus arctos horribilis
January 20th, 2016, 03:21 PM
BTW, I only got to page 4 or 5 and quoted as far as I had gotten so if it is resolved I will apologize but I was getting f'n pissed reading this dumb **** at that point. Just sick and tired of the smarmy **** all the time on any f'n FCS thread with the holier than thou attitude and persecution complex ****.

centennial
January 20th, 2016, 03:33 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/eSA5lwLzcE2NW/giphy.gif

BisonFan02
January 20th, 2016, 03:36 PM

We all married "up". xnodx

dewey
January 20th, 2016, 03:40 PM

Agreed. Very vague in the article with no details of what reportedly happened.

Dewey

ursus arctos horribilis
January 20th, 2016, 03:41 PM
To the point of the thread with Jenkins, I agree with most on here, it is best to wait before forming the opinion on these matters but sure hope it's not a case of violence here. People have arguments and this is hopefully all it was of course.

We'd all like to not have some dickhead ginning up **** against us or our name over something they knew zero about. It's just common decency. If he's a screw up and deserves some arrows at him, he will get them soon enough. If not, nobody would apologize for unleashing and what little damage they did anyway...they'd walk away like a bitch.

I'd rather not be that.

BisonFan02
January 20th, 2016, 03:45 PM
To the point of the thread with Jenkins, I agree with most on here, it is best to wait before forming the opinion on these matters but sure hope it's not a case of violence here. People have arguments and this is hopefully all it was of course.

We'd all like to not have some dickhead ginning up **** against us or our name over something they knew zero about. It's just common decency. If he's a screw up and deserves some arrows at him, he will get them soon enough. If not, nobody would apologize for unleashing and what little damage they did anyway...they'd walk away like a bitch.

I'd rather not be that.

Yeah...this. I was thinking about not even posting this as a thread when I saw it, but I figured it would ended up over here anyway (probably shouldn't have even made the Spack jab either, but I won't delete it now). I really hope it wasn't anything TOO serious, but we will know at some point I'm assuming. Tough deal all around.

centennial
January 20th, 2016, 03:47 PM
Umm JSU can always get a transfer QB.

Too early?

Cocky
January 20th, 2016, 03:55 PM

Too early?
We have several capable backups.

IBleedYellow
January 20th, 2016, 04:05 PM
We all married "up". xnodx

Damn straight. I pretty much hit the jackpot and probably should be counting down the days until she wakes up and realizes what she did. xpeacex

JSUSoutherner
January 20th, 2016, 04:16 PM

Too early?
You know the last QB we transferred in had a Passer rating of 199.22 during the 2009 season, right? Lol

clenz
January 20th, 2016, 04:17 PM
Damn straight. I pretty much hit the jackpot and probably should be counting down the days until she wakes up and realizes what she did. xpeacex
Hope it's a lot of days.

Some days I worry I'm getting close to that point.:D

BisonFan02
January 20th, 2016, 04:49 PM
You know the last QB we transferred in had a Passer rating of 199.22 during the 2009 season, right? Lol

This guy?

PASSING
GP
Effic
Cmp-Att-Int
Pct
Yards
TD
Long
Avg/G

Ryan Perrilloux
138-236-2

JSUSoutherner
January 20th, 2016, 04:54 PM
This guy?

PASSING
GP
Effic
Cmp-Att-Int
Pct
Yards
TD
Long
Avg/G

Ryan Perrilloux
138-236-2

WIKIPEDIA LIED TO ME! I guess that's what you get for being lazy and not looking your stuff up.

Still 172.6 isn't that bad.

Catsfan90
January 20th, 2016, 04:59 PM
This is a tough situation. UNH had a hockey goalie get arrested for the same thing a few years ago and he was off the team immediately.

andthehomeofthe-BIZON-
January 20th, 2016, 05:00 PM
We have several capable backups.

Didn't look like you had a capable starter in the championship game.....

On topic: I'm all on board with innocent until proven guilty. Domestic calls are very difficult for police to not arrest the male when they show up IMO. Tough situation and it very well may turn out to be nothing. NDSU fans should know this after the altercation with our linebacker a couple years back. The truth will out.

centennial
January 20th, 2016, 05:30 PM
This guy?

PASSING
GP
Effic
Cmp-Att-Int
Pct
Yards
TD
Long
Avg/G

Ryan Perrilloux
138-236-2

The past has nothing to do with who you have as a backup. Regardless, Pct is as important to me. A good college QB should be 62% and over.

JSUSoutherner
January 20th, 2016, 05:34 PM
The past has nothing to do with who you have as a backup. Regardless, Pct is as important to me. A good college QB should be 62% and over.
You made a transfer joke. I joked back that our last QB transfer was pretty good. Nothing more.

If all goes badly, which hopefully it doesn't, I imagine Dalton Etheridge will be the Gamecock's starter.

jsualumnus
January 20th, 2016, 05:36 PM

There is never anything wrong with 80's hair metal music...

chattownmocs
January 21st, 2016, 05:52 AM
Feminism runs supreme in America. I agree with the sentiments about violence towards women, but the sentencing in the court of public opinion for these guys has gotten out of control. Thankfully the law hasn't gotten quite so bad but basically if a woman accuses you of anything you will be arrested and thrown in jail. Apparently in Alabama, for at least 24 hours. Sounds ridiculous.

Professor Chaos
January 21st, 2016, 08:08 AM
Feminism runs supreme in America. I agree with the sentiments about violence towards women, but the sentencing in the court of public opinion for these guys has gotten out of control. Thankfully the law hasn't gotten quite so bad but basically if a woman accuses you of anything you will be arrested and thrown in jail. Apparently in Alabama, for at least 24 hours. Sounds ridiculous.
It's not that way in Florida... especially if your name is Jameis Winston.

JayJ79
January 21st, 2016, 08:44 AM
Didn't look like you had a capable starter in the championship game.....

Perhaps they meant "capable" in the OVC sense, not the "competing with NDSU" sense. xcoolx

andthehomeofthe-BIZON-
January 21st, 2016, 09:17 AM
Perhaps they meant "capable" in the OVC sense, not the "competing with NDSU" sense. xcoolx

Then they may as well have said a dominant backup... xsmiley_wix

JSUSoutherner
January 21st, 2016, 09:19 AM
In relevant news, Eli has been released. At least that's what I've heard. Official word is still pending.

JayJ79
January 21st, 2016, 09:37 AM
In relevant news, Eli has been released. At least that's what I've heard. Official word is still pending.

my sources tell me that the official word is "bird",
but that info may be somewhat dated

JSUSoutherner
January 21st, 2016, 09:41 AM
my sources tell me that the official word is "bird",
but that info may be somewhat dated
This is something I've also heard.

I have also heard that the bird is the word.

CockyGeek
January 21st, 2016, 10:19 AM
Just quit being a dick. The idea that message board administrators are out to get you is the kind of thinking a 12 year old would have on a World of Warcraft board.

IBleedYellow
January 21st, 2016, 10:25 AM
He finally got let out? Wtf. I thought he only had to be held for 12 hours?

JSUSoutherner
January 21st, 2016, 10:27 AM
He finally got let out? Wtf. I thought he only had to be held for 12 hours?

On Jan. 1 the law changed to 24.

dewey
January 21st, 2016, 12:51 PM

Any idea on when a court date is or if there are any more details?

Dewey

JSUSoutherner
January 21st, 2016, 12:53 PM
Any idea on when a court date is or if there are any more details?

Dewey
There's only going to be a court date if charges are pressed. So far details haven't come out indicating that charges are being pressed by the victim.

Bisonator
January 21st, 2016, 12:58 PM

What a ****ing ****ty law! Throw a person in jail for 24 hours over a loud argument whether or not there was any violence involved? Good grief.

JSUSoutherner
January 21st, 2016, 01:03 PM
What a ****ing ****ty law! Throw a person in jail for 24 hours over a loud argument whether or not there was any violence involved? Good grief.
It's supposed to be a cool down period and it gives the victim party time to pack up and move out before the perp is released if desired. It may seem extreme for certain cases such as this but it's not a case by case law. These arrests don't always stem from loud arguments.

centennial
January 21st, 2016, 01:03 PM

Welcome to 3rd wave tumblr feminism. They have a problem with men sitting with their legs opened.

Professor Chaos
January 21st, 2016, 01:10 PM
There's only going to be a court date if charges are pressed. So far details haven't come out indicating that charges are being pressed by the victim.
I believe in the case of a domestic violence arrest the state (or more specifically the DA) decides whether to press criminal charges, not the alleged victim. Could be wrong though.

JSUSoutherner
January 21st, 2016, 01:23 PM
I believe in the case of a domestic violence arrest the state (or more specifically the DA) decides whether to press criminal charges, not the alleged victim. Could be wrong though.
I've read that DV charges have to come from the victim. I imagine that other charges such as assault and battery that may stem from a DV call/arrest would come from the DA. I'm too lazy to look up the legal codes to double check. I'm just waiting for the official statement to be released. Speculation doesn't change anything.

Bisonator
January 21st, 2016, 01:50 PM
It's supposed to be a cool down period and it gives the victim party time to pack up and move out before the perp is released if desired. It may seem extreme for certain cases such as this but it's not a case by case law. These arrests don't always stem from loud arguments.

So basically another one of those so called "no tolerance" laws that don't allow for common sense.xrolleyesx

BisonTru
January 21st, 2016, 01:58 PM
I've read that DV charges have to come from the victim. I imagine that other charges such as assault and battery that may stem from a DV call/arrest would come from the DA. I'm too lazy to look up the legal codes to double check. I'm just waiting for the official statement to be released. Speculation doesn't change anything.

In ND you can be charged for domestic even if the victim is uncooperative. A lot of times the victim starts back tracking on their initial comments or the cops go to the door of a domestic see the victim beat to **** and she tries claiming she just fell down to protect her significant other.

Every states different so who knows with you backwards Bama folks.

Hopefully this was just a loud argument.

BisonBacker
January 21st, 2016, 02:11 PM

If the officer can see clear signs of battery on either party they will make an arrest regardless of the victim cooperating or not. Some states (Alabama apparently one of them) the officer doesn't have any discretion which I think is ludicrous. When you take common sense out of the law this is what you end up with.

JSUSoutherner
January 21st, 2016, 02:21 PM
If the officer can see clear signs of battery on either party they will make an arrest regardless of the victim cooperating or not. Some states (Alabama apparently one of them) the officer doesn't have any discretion which I think is ludicrous. When you take common sense out of the law this is what you end up with.
The officer does have discretion, but even a heated argument is grounds for an arrest. Being arrested and being charged are two separate things. They can arrest the perp just on the basis they think the perp may have a small chance of doing something and jail them for the 24 hour period to get them to chill.

BisonBacker
January 21st, 2016, 02:29 PM
The officer does have discretion, but even a heated argument is grounds for an arrest. Being arrested and being charged are two separate things. They can arrest the perp just on the basis they think the perp may have a small chance of doing something and jail them for the 24 hour period to get them to chill.

I was in Law Enforcement. A heated argument by itself isn't grounds for an arrest unless there were threats made by one party and deemed credible ie. previous dealings with suspect showing propensity to follow through with said threats. No LEO is going to arrest any "perp" based on what they may do and jail them unless they can show cause. Just because they "think they may do something" isn't basis for an arrest. You've been watching to much tv.

JSUSoutherner
January 21st, 2016, 02:37 PM
I was in Law Enforcement. A heated argument by itself isn't grounds for an arrest unless there were threats made by one party and deemed credible ie. previous dealings with suspect showing propensity to follow through with said threats. No LEO is going to arrest any "perp" based on what they may do and jail them unless they can show cause. Just because they "think they may do something" isn't basis for an arrest. You've been watching to much tv.
This was the point I was trying to make. I just worded it poorly. You said it the way I should have the first time. My point was that there are situations other than a perpetrator being physical that can be grounds for an arrest.

centennial
January 21st, 2016, 02:51 PM
You can't speak for every cop. I am not defending the dude, but let the details come out. People can make mistakes on either end.

chattownmocs
January 21st, 2016, 03:28 PM

Somebody called the cops. How hard would it be to show cause. Are you actually familiar with the DV laws in some of these states or are you just talking out of your ass?

chattownmocs
January 21st, 2016, 03:33 PM
It's not that way in Florida... especially if your name is Jameis Winston.

You have access to some evidence that suggests he's guilty of rape?

JSUSoutherner
January 21st, 2016, 04:05 PM
The DNA found in the underwear of the girl that accused him comes to mind.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/10009077/dna-analysis-matches-jameis-winston-accuser

BisonBacker
January 21st, 2016, 04:07 PM
Somebody called the cops. How hard would it be to show cause. Are you actually familiar with the DV laws in some of these states or are you just talking out of your ass?

I only worked in Law Enforcement in Minnesota for 12 years. I'm just talking out of my ass I guess. I don't know anything. xrolleyesx

BisonBacker
January 21st, 2016, 04:09 PM
You can't speak for every cop. I am not defending the dude, but let the details come out. People can make mistakes on either end.
Never said I was speaking for every cop. I was neither defending or convicting the "dude" either. I'm not sure where you got the impression I was out on a witch hunt. Go read my previous posts I've always said the court of public opinion was wrong and everyone needed to with hold judgement. My comments were for JSU who was making some erronious statements.

BisonBacker
January 21st, 2016, 04:10 PM

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/10009077/dna-analysis-matches-jameis-winston-accuser

Don't bother to try to reason with him JSU. He's got a rep here at it's not one of credibility lets just say.

Bison Fan in NW MN
January 21st, 2016, 04:17 PM
Don't bother to try to reason with him JSU. He's got a rep here at it's not one of credibility lets just say.

Did you say credibility and chattown......xlolx

I cannot wait for his analysis on the inevitable '16 UTC national championship run.

Southern Bison
January 21st, 2016, 09:49 PM

I cannot wait for his analysis on the inevitable '16 UTC national championship run.
That should arrive in 6 short months...when he shows back up.

JSUSoutherner
January 21st, 2016, 10:02 PM

Weren't they supposed to do that this year too?

Ooops. xrolleyesx

https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/CVfqDRvVEAAVtbB.mp4

dewey
January 21st, 2016, 10:13 PM
Weren't they supposed to do that this year too?

Ooops. xrolleyesx

Not just this year.

Dewey

BisonFan02
January 21st, 2016, 10:16 PM
Not just this year.

Dewey

To be fair....this is the closest they have been....if they were to somehow have beaten JSU....it could have set up one of the most epic/idiotic natty threads of all time. xlolx

Twentysix
January 22nd, 2016, 03:44 AM

That is a ****ed up protocol.

chattownmocs
January 22nd, 2016, 05:42 AM

Umm what? We already know he had sex with her. We know she went to his apartment with him and 2 of his teammates willingly. The question is whether he raped her. Are you idiots serious?

The fact that you would post this as evidence that he raped her is beyond idiotic. Stop listening to the left wing media and eating up their trash.

Bison Fan in NW MN
January 22nd, 2016, 06:55 AM
To be fair....this is the closest they have been....if they were to somehow have beaten JSU....it could have set up one of the most epic/idiotic natty threads of all time. xlolx

Almost as good....better than the GSU semifinal threads!

JSUSoutherner
January 22nd, 2016, 08:20 AM
Umm what? We already know he had sex with her. We know she went to his apartment with him and 2 of his teammates willingly. The question is whether he raped her. Are you idiots serious?

The fact that you would post this as evidence that he raped her is beyond idiotic. Stop listening to the left wing media and eating up their trash.
You're right, her saying she never gave him consent doesn't suggest rape at all.xcoffeex

clenz
January 22nd, 2016, 10:19 AM
That is a ****ed up protocol.
I posted this once, but it was easily missed.

That wording isn't completely accurate and is slightly disingenuous as written.

chattownmocs
January 22nd, 2016, 10:59 AM
You're right, her saying she never gave him consent doesn't suggest rape at all.xcoffeex

I'm trying to understand. Is your claim that a woman can't falsely accuse a man of rape? Are suggesting charges should be brought every time this happens regardless of the evidence. I hope you don't get picked for a jury.

BisonBacker
January 22nd, 2016, 11:07 AM

I'm trying to understand. Is your claim that a woman can't falsely accuse a man of rape? Are suggesting charges should be brought every time this happens regardless of the evidence. I hope you don't get picked for a jury.

You guys should take this to a seperate thread. This is a different person and a different charge. To my knowledge I haven't seen any charges against the JSU QB. Take the thread drift out of here and start your own thread and debate to your hearts content the other case.

dewey
January 22nd, 2016, 11:33 AM

Correct me if I am wrong but didn't UTC lose to UNH last year in the quarterfinals and this year in round 2 to JSU? You are correct the NDSU beat down of UTC would have been an epic thread.

Dewey

chattownmocs
January 22nd, 2016, 11:35 AM
You guys should take this to a seperate thread. This is a different person and a different charge. To my knowledge I haven't seen any charges against the JSU QB. Take the thread drift out of here and start your own thread and debate to your hearts content the other case.

The day you self glorifying pansies start telling me what I can post, or where I can post it, is the last day I post on this board. It was part of an overall discussion on the reaction to all accusations of any form of abuse on a female.

I'm going to just talk about the reaction to domestic violence. Let's take Greg hardy. He was completely guilty. He abused that woman. He threatened her with weapons. He threw her on the guns, bruised her up....ok. so he should never be able to work again? That was the talking point. He served his suspension, shame on jerry jones for hiring him. What?

So eli jenkins. Let's say he is guilty of something anyone would agree is wrong. Why in the world would that prevent him from playing football at a public university? Is out of that university altogether? Should other universities be scolded for accepting him given his record? Is he allowed to pursue an education? Is he allowed to get a job?

chattownmocs
January 22nd, 2016, 11:39 AM
Correct me if I am wrong but didn't UTC lose to UNH last year in the quarterfinals and this year in round 2 to JSU? You are correct the NDSU beat down of UTC would have been an epic thread.

Dewey

Jacksonville state had every ability to be in the game. They gave the game away in the first half. This is probably too complicated for pea brain to understand, but jacksonville state was better than chattanooga, it's still a lot harder to blow out chattanooga.

JSUSoutherner
January 22nd, 2016, 11:39 AM

Dewey
Did we beat Chatty?

Answer: https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/CVfqDRvVEAAVtbB.mp4

centennial
January 22nd, 2016, 01:06 PM
Jacksonville state had every ability to be in the game. They gave the game away in the first half. This is probably too complicated for pea brain to understand, but jacksonville state was better than chattanooga, it's still a lot harder to blow out chattanooga.
JSU played a team better than them. The difference in quality was apparent. Whereas Chatty would struggle be top 4 in the MVFC.

andthehomeofthe-BIZON-
January 22nd, 2016, 02:15 PM
JSU played a team better than them. The difference in quality was apparent. Whereas Chatty would struggle be top 4 in the MVFC

Eh, I think they would compete just fine.

BisonFan02
January 22nd, 2016, 07:07 PM

Dewey

True....but look at who UTC would have played after JSU. JSU and UTC were the two best (or at least towards the top) teams on that side of the bracket.

BisonBacker
January 22nd, 2016, 08:34 PM
The day you self glorifying pansies start telling me what I can post, or where I can post it, is the last day I post on this board. It was part of an overall discussion on the reaction to all accusations of any form of abuse on a female.

I'm going to just talk about the reaction to domestic violence. Let's take Greg hardy. He was completely guilty. He abused that woman. He threatened her with weapons. He threw her on the guns, bruised her up....ok. so he should never be able to work again? That was the talking point. He served his suspension, shame on jerry jones for hiring him. What?

So eli jenkins. Let's say he is guilty of something anyone would agree is wrong. Why in the world would that prevent him from playing football at a public university? Is out of that university altogether? Should other universities be scolded for accepting him given his record? Is he allowed to pursue an education? Is he allowed to get a job?

You seriously have some issues. Step away from the keyboard.

Bisonoline
January 23rd, 2016, 01:36 AM
You seriously have some issues. Step away from the keyboard.

They have medications for that type of behavior.

Milktruck74
January 24th, 2016, 09:00 AM
The problem is WE (I include myself in this group) can only speculate as to what happened. EJ may be an woman beating A-hole, but then again he may be a kid that got caught in a string of bad luck. This reminds me of the situation with V McMillan early in the season....at first report he was extremely intoxicated and pulled a gun on the cops......later, it came out that he had a beer in his hand and politely told the officer I need to show you my CCW permit. At which time the officer detained him....charges were filed, and later dropped......Keep in mind, Charges do not make a kid guilty!!!!

jsualumnus
January 24th, 2016, 04:02 PM
No news coming this could mean there probably isn't much there. Was talking to a local cop from my town this morning at church, and his comment to me was, anytime a call comes in, someone always has to be taken in. This we know, but most of these 3rd degree charges are often dropped because of the stupid nature of how they come about.

caribbeanhen
January 24th, 2016, 07:42 PM

I'm nowhere near as funny as you are smug! I admit I've panned for a few laughs on here, but actually my interactions with you were never intended to be funny, they were intended to get you to stop waving your diploma around on every thread like a Brazilian waving the flag before a World Cup game..... in the end, self righteousness will not get you where you want to go even if it's just NW of Mexico.... actually I would say you've improved, not taking any credit now but somebody might deserve some.

jsualumnus
January 28th, 2016, 08:18 PM
JSU found in their internal investigation that Eli broke NO school code of conduct... From the Anniston Star:

“Jacksonville State University has conducted its internal investigation on Eli Jenkins,” said Seitz’s statement to The Star late Wednesday, “and it has been concluded that Eli is not in violation of the JSU code of conduct.” "He was completely sober, unarmed, uninjured, and did not resist arrest..."

http://www.annistonstar.com/sports/jsu-jenkins-conduct-did-not-violate-school-code-qb-faces/article_7d22bd06-c5bd-11e5-b140-0f629abc2c61.html?mode=jqm

andthehomeofthe-BIZON-
January 28th, 2016, 08:49 PM
Seems like we still know no details as to what he actually did or what actually transpired.

jsualumnus
January 30th, 2016, 10:32 AM
Right... Won't know until March 1st apparently. I hate this kinda crap...