mvemjsunpx
January 19th, 2016, 11:14 AM
https://twitter.com/UMGRIZZLIES_FB/status/689494724789440512

October 8th.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 19th, 2016, 11:23 AM

October 8th.

So, how do you like that slate of home games? SUU and MSU seem like the only real winners there.

mvemjsunpx
January 19th, 2016, 11:26 AM
So, how do you like that slate of home games? SUU and MSU seem like the only real winners there.

SUU & MSU will likely be down in 2016, so they might not even be winners. Still, that makes the Griz heavy favorites to go 6-0 at home despite all the new starters.

ursus arctos horribilis
January 19th, 2016, 11:37 AM
I'm actually happy to be having them come in. I don't know that it will be a great game or anything...not saying that. I am just glad to see a Div. I game and I really like playing a SWAC team and hopefully getting some back and forth going with SWAC teams and the BSC.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 19th, 2016, 11:50 AM
SUU & MSU will likely be down in 2016, so they might not even be winners. Still, that makes the Griz heavy favorites to go 6-0 at home despite all the new starters.

Oh that definitely looks like 6-0.

Lehigh Football Nation
January 19th, 2016, 11:55 AM
Any idea of the guarantees that SFPA and Mississippi Valley State are getting? Assuming both teams are flying to Missoula.

clenz
January 19th, 2016, 11:59 AM
Both my teams play the griz next year....xlolx

BisonBacker
January 19th, 2016, 12:10 PM

October 8th.

Only thing I have to say to that schedule is......

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQU755tQ7_3AxOqzOlFB2NQo5GT_m6_Y aATIgCaUzKYWXvW06Hv

BEAR
January 19th, 2016, 12:16 PM
Just one question as best asked by A.I.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/rapgenius/1338333406_allen-iverson-meme-generator-practice-how-am-i-supposed-to-make-my-teammates-better-by-practice-a59f62.jpeg

BluBengal07
January 19th, 2016, 12:26 PM
Any idea of the guarantees that SFPA and Mississippi Valley State are getting? Assuming both teams are flying to Missoula.

knowing Valley, that's the only reason they're going.

Libertine
January 19th, 2016, 12:28 PM
Hey, StFU was one win away from the playoffs last year (which is technically true) and MVSU held Jax St scoreless in the 4th quarter (also technically true) .

NoDak 4 Ever
January 19th, 2016, 12:39 PM

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQU755tQ7_3AxOqzOlFB2NQo5GT_m6_Y aATIgCaUzKYWXvW06Hv

I tried to put it more delicately.

ursus arctos horribilis
January 19th, 2016, 12:46 PM

WGAF, we've had a long run of top FCS teams and once in a while it's nice to see new ones. I don't care too much if it's seen as easy. I'd be more excited to see a bit tougher schedule but I am looking forward to seeing how St. Francis is on the field and also seeing in person what a SWAC team looks like talent wise.

JSUSoutherner
January 19th, 2016, 01:05 PM
Hey, StFU was one win away from the playoffs last year (which is technically true) and MVSU held Jax St scoreless in the 4th quarter (also technically true) .
Maybe cause we played our scouts after we ran the score to 49-0. xcoffeex

That game was a lot of fun though. It was fun seeing Bo Billups (a scout) record his first TD.

TheRevSFA
January 19th, 2016, 01:10 PM
Both my teams play the griz next year....xlolx

You better go

clenz
January 19th, 2016, 01:14 PM
WGAF, we've had a long run of top FCS teams and once in a while it's nice to see new ones. I don't care too much if it's seen as easy. I'd be more excited to see a bit tougher schedule but I am looking forward to seeing how St. Francis is on the field and also seeing in person what a SWAC team looks like talent wise.
I'd agree with this.

It's nice to see Montana, McNeese, EWU, Poly, etc...

Sometimes I wouldn't mind seeing a game that I don't have to "worry" about before hand.

Lehigh Football Nation
January 19th, 2016, 01:30 PM
I'm just SFPA pulls off the upset so that through the butterfly effect a second or third PL team may get an at-large bid to the playoffs

Mayville Bison
January 19th, 2016, 01:43 PM
I'm just SFPA pulls off the upset so that through the butterfly effect a second or third PL team may get an at-large bid to the playoffs

I'm thinking even Harry (Dumb and Dumber) would agree there's no chance of that happening

dgtw
January 19th, 2016, 01:44 PM

I saw them in person last year. They suck. We'd have gotten a better game from a D2 in the state but it hurts our strength of schedule worse than Jerry Rice's alma mater.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JSUSoutherner
January 19th, 2016, 01:53 PM
I saw them in person last year. They suck. We'd have gotten a better game from a D2 in the state but it hurts our strength of schedule worse than Jerry Rice's alma mater.

Their tackling techniques are very peculiar.

Sammy94
January 19th, 2016, 02:00 PM
Sometimes I wouldn't mind seeing a game that I don't have to "worry" about before hand.

Seen our schedule?? Worried is called playoffs in the mighty Southland

ursus arctos horribilis
January 19th, 2016, 02:19 PM
I'd agree with this.

It's nice to see Montana, McNeese, EWU, Poly, etc...

Also, some of these teams like SF are pretty damn decent teams and I'd like to take their measure personally and see how good they are. Do I expect em' to come in an win? No, probably not, but they sure could present a good game and it's just nice to see them in person. I really like to be able to see what level some of the teams are playing at.

ursus arctos horribilis
January 19th, 2016, 02:24 PM

You are not good at this.

RedFlash
January 19th, 2016, 04:53 PM
Also, some of these teams like SF are pretty damn decent teams and I'd like to take their measure personally and see how good they are. Do I expect em' to come in an win? No, probably not, but they sure could present a good game and it's just nice to see them in person. I really like to be able to see what level some of the teams are playing at.

StFU will probably have its best team in 20 years next year and while I'd love to see them compete with the Grizz, no one is under any delusions that they will do so. That said, they should challenge Duquesne for the NEC title in 2016 and have a decent chance for 7 "official" wins.

SUUTbird
January 19th, 2016, 05:00 PM
I wouldn't count out my T-Birds so casually, we are losing a lot on defense but we have been an effective unit on that side of the ball, especially in the BSC the past couple of years.

ursus arctos horribilis
January 19th, 2016, 05:17 PM
I wouldn't count out my T-Birds so casually, we are losing a lot on defense but we have been an effective unit on that side of the ball, especially in the BSC the past couple of years.

Yes, with the guys you've lost.

Not saying you won't be again with new guys but your reasoning is not sound at all there.

I expect SUU will be game.

TheRevSFA
January 19th, 2016, 07:55 PM

says the guy whose team has had such powerhouses as Robert Morris, Ferris State, Delaware State (in the same season as Ferris State) and Incarnate Word?

oh yeah and Lafayette and SFU the same season :)

BisonFan02
January 19th, 2016, 07:59 PM
says the guy whose team has had such powerhouses as Robert Morris, Ferris State, Delaware State (in the same season as Ferris State) and Incarnate Word?

oh yeah and Lafayette and SFU the same season :)

Yup...........and they are delicious! :D

TheRevSFA
January 19th, 2016, 08:05 PM
Yup...........and they are delicious! :D

You're gonna get the D from that type of OOC schedule.

i mean "diabeetus" sicko...

BisonFan02
January 19th, 2016, 08:08 PM
You're gonna get the D from that type of OOC schedule.

i mean "diabeetus" sicko...

Yup.....I gots the sugar. :D

Cocky
January 19th, 2016, 09:15 PM
Several High School teams in Alabama would have given MVSU a good game and possibly/probably won. Had to be the worse college team Ive ever seen.

IBleedYellow
January 19th, 2016, 09:29 PM
They are SWAC, does this mean they have a band?

:D

JSUSoutherner
January 20th, 2016, 01:08 AM
They are SWAC, does this mean they have a band?

:D
I mean, I guess you could call it that.

IBleedYellow
January 20th, 2016, 07:41 AM
I mean, I guess you could call it that.
That's a mean mean joke.

I like it.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Panther88
January 20th, 2016, 11:32 AM
I see they lost to then "#1 jaxville state," if you want to call them "#1" and not auburn's and the crimson tide's red-headed and abandoned love child lol 49-7.

MVSU was 1-10 fall 2015. They have a few spots of talent but certainly show the efforts of their 40 scholarshipped football team. (if memory serves correct)

JSUSoutherner
January 20th, 2016, 01:15 PM
not the crimson tide's red-headed and abandoned love child lol 49-7.
That's UAB.

dewey
January 20th, 2016, 04:48 PM

A apparently easy home schedule and then get a few road wins and bang you are at 7-9 wins in a hurry. An easier OOC schedule will help the new WR'S and QB get on the same page.

So with this schedule what is the prediction?
St Francis
@UNI
@ Cal Poly
SUU
MSU
Sacramento State
@ Northern Arizona
@ Easter Washington
Idaho State
@ Northern Colorado
Montana State

Here is my really early not very educated guess
8-3

Dewey

uofmman1122
January 20th, 2016, 05:10 PM
Considering we were likely to bring in an NAIA or horrible DII team instead, I'm happy with MVSU. It may not be the calibre of our OOC last year, but it's hardly anything like our 2007 schedule.

srgrizizen
January 20th, 2016, 05:13 PM

You're probably right, but I didn't think UNI was supposed to be THAT bad.xlolx

Cocky
January 20th, 2016, 07:17 PM
Considering we were likely to bring in an NAIA or horrible DII team instead, I'm happy with MVSU. It may not be the calibre of our OOC last year, but it's hardly anything like our 2007 schedule.
I would put money on Montana Tech if they played MVSU this year.

centennial
January 20th, 2016, 07:24 PM
You're probably right, but I didn't think UNI was supposed to be THAT bad.xlolx
That should be a good game. UNI is a good team. Their DB's are as good as NDSU's.

BisonBacker
January 20th, 2016, 08:20 PM
You're probably right, but I didn't think UNI was supposed to be THAT bad.xlolx **** I missed that. Ok so it's not as easy then as I first thought.

Catsfan90
January 20th, 2016, 08:26 PM

Now I'm hungry as hell......

mvemjsunpx
January 20th, 2016, 09:07 PM

Right. I really like that the Griz are playing games against FCS conferences that they've pretty much never played.

ursus arctos horribilis
January 20th, 2016, 11:43 PM
Right. I really like that the Griz are playing games against FCS conferences that they've pretty much never played.

Dead on. I like the idea of seeing some teams from the E. Coast again maybe a little bit too. I completely enjoyed Albany, Maine, Hofstra, and so forth so hope it works out we get some intermingling during the season and maybe get a road game out East as well.

Iim looking at you CAA. H&H with Delaware is one I've been waiting for.

dewey
January 20th, 2016, 11:49 PM

I always enjoy seeing new teams, chatting with their fans and learning more about their program.

Dewey

Bisonoline
January 21st, 2016, 12:25 AM
Wow the grizz must have really needed a game to schedule MVSU.

mvemjsunpx
January 21st, 2016, 02:55 AM
Wow the grizz must have really needed a game to schedule MVSU.

It was either them or a non-DI, from what I've read.

dgtw
January 21st, 2016, 07:12 AM
Dead on. I like the idea of seeing some teams from the E. Coast again maybe a little bit too. I completely enjoyed Albany, Maine, Hofstra, and so forth so hope it works out we get some intermingling during the season and maybe get a road game out East as well.

Iim looking at you CAA. H&H with Delaware is one I've been waiting for.

Would love to have you in Jacksonville. Have your AD call our AD if we ever hire one.

Panther88
January 21st, 2016, 12:09 PM
That's UAB.

How could it be UAB when UAB didn't sport a team recently? lol No, that would be jax st. The dumping ground of b@st@rd Auburn and Univ of Ala rejects in all facets :D . Yah or nah? lol

Bisonator
January 21st, 2016, 12:39 PM

Without the sprinkles. Sprinkles are for winners!;)

Bison Fan in NW MN
January 21st, 2016, 04:20 PM
The MVSU team that came to Fargo in '06 was not good team. Bison won 45-0 but that was being kind.

Maybe they are a better program now? Looking at their last few seasons....probably not.

BisonTru
January 21st, 2016, 04:51 PM
I wish NDSU could get some SWAC schools on the schedule. Let's be honest it's basically equal to a DII team, but when it comes to the playoffs it counts as a DI win. Same for the pioneer just more equal to DIII.

ursus arctos horribilis
January 21st, 2016, 05:11 PM
Would love to have you in Jacksonville. Have your AD call our AD if we ever hire one.

We had you in Missoula in 1993 in your trasition period. I'd be all good with that matchup again.

ursus arctos horribilis
January 21st, 2016, 05:13 PM
The MVSU team that came to Fargo in '06 was not good team. Bison won 45-0 but that was being kind.

Maybe they are a better program now? Looking at their last few seasons....probably not.

It does not look to be so.

major095
January 22nd, 2016, 03:15 PM
valley is probably the only swac school you could pay to come and not have them ask for a return game. Alcorn might come to you but we're going to find out how you well you do playing in mississippi heat with 100% humidity in september. love watching teams melt in that mississippi sun.

GetEmGriz
January 22nd, 2016, 03:36 PM
valley is probably the only swac school you could pay to come and not have them ask for a return game. Alcorn might come to you but we're going to find out how you well you do playing in mississippi heat with 100% humidity in september. love watching teams melt in that mississippi sun.

We'll be sure to have lots and lots of smoke for Mississippi Valley when they come up to play. xthumbsupx

BisonFan02
January 22nd, 2016, 06:55 PM

Wrong....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VYi6akd3Ag

..........and NDSU did play Valley as a home/home. The Bison played them at home in 2006 to the tune of 45-0...the Bison then returned the favor in 2007 in MS with a 58-7 win over the Delta Devils. Those 06 and 07 teams for NDSU were still in transition and ineligible for the playoffs.

GAD
January 23rd, 2016, 04:17 AM
You could get Prairie View, Texas Southern, Arkansas Pine Bluff or Mississippi Valley, but any other SWAC and you will have to return a game

BisonFan02
January 23rd, 2016, 11:26 AM
You could get Prairie View, Texas Southern, Arkansas Pine Bluff or Mississippi Valley, but any other SWAC and you will have to return a game

Money talks....I know the Bison overpaid in a pinch to get Prairie View in the last minute.

grizband
January 23rd, 2016, 06:33 PM
People familiar with the SWAC, how well do you expect MVSU fans to travel to Missoula?

DeltaDevil662
April 11th, 2016, 07:11 PM
Maybe cause we played our scouts after we ran the score to 49-0. xcoffeex

That game was a lot of fun though. It was fun seeing Bo Billups (a scout) record his first TD.

If you are gonna lie, at least make it more believable. The game was 14-7 mid-2nd quarter before your team loaded with FBS transfers spanked on a team full of freshman and a 3rd string walk on QB. At least some JSU people on social media gave our QB and Booker Chambers credit where it's due

https://twitter.com/CockyNation/status/650380199276716032

NDSU made yall look the same way in the title game Auburn/Roll Tide rejects and all.

wapiti
April 12th, 2016, 09:06 AM
A apparently easy home schedule and then get a few road wins and bang you are at 7-9 wins in a hurry. An easier OOC schedule will help the new WR'S and QB get on the same page.

So with this schedule what is the prediction?
St Francis W
@UNI L
@ Cal Poly W
SUU W
MSU W
Sacramento State W
@ Northern Arizona L
@ Easter Washington L
Idaho State W
@ Northern Colorado W
Montana State W

Here is my really early not very educated guess
8-3

Dewey

I added in which games they should win and which they may lose.

Silenoz
April 12th, 2016, 04:55 PM
We'll probably beat Eastern or UNI easily and then get crushed by Cal Poly. Cause that's what we do!

FormerPokeCenter
April 13th, 2016, 07:28 AM
Maybe Jerry Rice will show up to watch!

ursus arctos horribilis
April 13th, 2016, 11:00 AM
Maybe Jerry Rice will show up to watch!

Couple years back we could have Joe MT on one sideline and Jerry Rice on the other.

Silenoz
April 14th, 2016, 10:55 AM
Couple years back we could have Joe MT on one sideline and Jerry Rice on the other.

...and John Elway and John Stockton in the pressbox