PDA

View Full Version : OC: Gary Crowton to SFA

SFA 93
January 18th, 2016, 05:47 PM
Head Coach Clint Conque has announced the hiring of Gary Crowton as the new OC at SFA.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/sasu/sports/m-footbl/auto_bsi_large/11621451.jpeg?1453165461

http://www.sfajacks.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/011816aab.html

2015: Oregon State (O Consultant)
2014-2015: Southern Utah (OC)
2012-2013: Winnipeg (OC)
2011: Maryland (OC)
2007-2010: LSU (OC)
2005-2006: Oregon (OC)
2001-2004: BYU (HC)
1999-2000: Chicago Bears (OC)
1995-1998: Louisiana Tech (OC/HC)
1994: Georgia Tech (OC)
1991-1993: Boston College (QB)
1988-1990 New Hampshire (OC)
1987: Western Illinois (OC)
1984-1986: Snow College (DB/OC)
1982-1983: BYU (GA)

Twentysix
January 18th, 2016, 06:18 PM
2012-2013: Winnipeg (OC)
2011: Maryland (OC)

lmao, what? Did he do so terribly at Maryland that he could only get a job in Canada? Is this the blue bombers or the U of Winnipeg?

SFA 93
January 18th, 2016, 06:46 PM
CFL

Well, Maryland did go 2-10 in 2011 so probably.

Twentysix
January 18th, 2016, 06:50 PM
Ok, blue bombers is more respectable. With Winnipeg posted right next to Maryland it seemed like he was the OC for a Canadian college football team.

FormerPokeCenter
January 18th, 2016, 07:47 PM
Crowton's a nice guy....Conque was a position coach for him when he was the head coach at Louisiana Tech...

That's the connection....I think he's trying to help out his old boss....if Conque and Crowton can hang on for a bit at SFA, they could both retire in the Texas system, which is pretty nice...

Twentysix
January 18th, 2016, 08:01 PM
Crowton's a nice guy....Conque was a position coach for him when he was the head coach at Louisiana Tech...

That's the connection....I think he's trying to help out his old boss....if Conque and Crowton can hang on for a bit at SFA, they could both retire in the Texas system, which is pretty nice...

Elaborate. Free brisket for life?

FormerPokeCenter
January 18th, 2016, 08:21 PM
Something like that...

It's a function of your three highest income years in the system, I believe...One of the Texas guys can probably elaborate better.

Transfer your retirement from wherever it's at, into the Texas System, hang on a for a few years, then retire at a nice percentage of whatever your highest three year average was...or something like that...

That may be what keeps Scott Stoker in Texas....possibly at Lamar, rather than going back to Sam Houston or McNeese....Lamar would keep him in the Texas retirement system, but about 30 minutes from his wife's family near Lake Charles.

SFA 93
January 18th, 2016, 08:45 PM
ERS of Texas

All you've ever wanted to know of how we do it.

http://www.ers.state.tx.us/

BEAR
January 19th, 2016, 08:43 AM
Conque retire at SFA? Whoda thunk it? xlolx

FormerPokeCenter
January 19th, 2016, 09:09 AM
LOL...if only I could remember where I first heard that possibility mentioned!

Daytripper
January 19th, 2016, 11:24 AM
Something like that...

It's a function of your three highest income years in the system, I believe...One of the Texas guys can probably elaborate better.

Transfer your retirement from wherever it's at, into the Texas System, hang on a for a few years, then retire at a nice percentage of whatever your highest three year average was...or something like that...

That may be what keeps Scott Stoker in Texas....possibly at Lamar, rather than going back to Sam Houston or McNeese....Lamar would keep him in the Texas retirement system, but about 30 minutes from his wife's family near Lake Charles.

Sam Houston is part of the retirement system.

Bearkat 41
January 19th, 2016, 12:29 PM

I think his point is that lamar is closer to his family in La.

FormerPokeCenter
January 19th, 2016, 12:37 PM
I think his point is that lamar is closer to his family in La.

You are correct. His wife grew up 30 minutes down I-10, in Sulphur...

You have to cut Daytripper some slack, he's used to disagreeing with me on principle, so he rarely reads fully for content ;)

Sammy94
January 19th, 2016, 02:02 PM

We do need a d-line coach.

Daytripper
January 19th, 2016, 02:09 PM
You are correct. His wife grew up 30 minutes down I-10, in Sulphur...

You have to cut Daytripper some slack, he's used to disagreeing with me on principle, so he rarely reads fully for content ;)

Sorry. It is simply a reflex because of how often FPC is wrong....xeyebrowx

FormerPokeCenter
January 19th, 2016, 02:51 PM
Sorry. It is simply a reflex because of how often FPC points out my inadequacies....

fixed it for you...

Daytripper
January 19th, 2016, 03:02 PM
fixed it for you...

The fact that FPC spends so much time fixated on me is a problem that he needs to address. Sounds like he is projecting to disguise his own insecurities and inadequacies....

FormerPokeCenter
January 19th, 2016, 03:10 PM
Fixing your errors requires no real effort at all, and certainly no focus. I only correct you on the threads where we both happen to post.

On the threads which don't interest me, you're quite free to be your usual incorrect self.

Fortuitously correcting your errors differs markedly from fixating on you. Though they have the same root word, they mean quite different things.

I hope you can grasp this fairly simple concept.

However, if history is any judge, I doubt you'll become familiar with the concept particularly quickly, though I have faith you'll eventually come around to it....

See? Corrected your errors once again...

It wouldn't kill you to occasionally thank me for that...

I don't really expect it every time, because - frankly - I doubt you contemporaneously grasp when providence has favored you with a friendly correction.

Still...there have been enough of them that you could occasionally show some thanks, you ingrateful bastard! ;)

BEAR
January 19th, 2016, 03:55 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to FormerPokeCenter again.

Daytripper
January 19th, 2016, 06:04 PM
Fixing your errors requires no real effort at all, and certainly no focus. I only correct you on the threads where we both happen to post.

On the threads which don't interest me, you're quite free to be your usual incorrect self.

Fortuitously correcting your errors differs markedly from fixating on you. Though they have the same root word, they mean quite different things.

I hope you can grasp this fairly simple concept.

However, if history is any judge, I doubt you'll become familiar with the concept particularly quickly, though I have faith you'll eventually come around to it....

See? Corrected your errors once again...

It wouldn't kill you to occasionally thank me for that...

I don't really expect it every time, because - frankly - I doubt you contemporaneously grasp when providence has favored you with a friendly correction.

Still...there have been enough of them that you could occasionally show some thanks, you ingrateful bastard! ;)

Keep trying to convince yourself that you are not obsessive-compulsively/passive-aggressively cyber-stalking me. And somebody from Louisiana hacked my MySpace account....hmmmm

FormerPokeCenter
January 19th, 2016, 07:09 PM
MySpace?

I didnt realize you you were a 17-year old girl...

TheRevSFA
January 19th, 2016, 08:00 PM
MySpace?

I didnt realize you you were a 17-year old girl...

he probably should strengthen his Xanga password

FormerPokeCenter
January 20th, 2016, 08:21 AM
To say nothing of Pinterest!

SFA 93
February 24th, 2016, 06:32 PM
Joining the Learfield Family (Hey there McNeese) ESPN and now this, our AD Robert Hill rocks!
http://learfieldsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/2.24.16-LearfieldPropertyMap_web.jpg

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/sasu/sports/genrel/auto_bsi_large/11721017.jpeg?1456344160
NACOGDOCHES, Texas – Stephen F. Austin State University Director of Athletics Robert Hill (http://www.sfajacks.com/genrel/robert_hill_759730.html) announced today that the university has selected industry leader Learfield for its comprehensive multimedia rights representation through 2025-26. Terms of the agreement were officially put into motion following approval by the school’s Board of Regents in January.
“This move marks a first for our department and we look forward to the professionalism, proven track record and sophistication that Learfield can bring to our athletic program,” said Hill. “Learfield is no stranger to the business and have been an integral component of the collegiate multimedia rights landscape for over 40 years. We trust them to help us refine our efforts and put our program in a position to build the SFA brand for the future.”
Learfield will operate as “Lumberjack Sports Properties” and will manage every aspect of the department’s multimedia rights including signage, digital, corporate sponsorships, hospitality, event marketing, radio play-by-play, coaches’ shows, and television.
“We're pleased to have SFA in the Learfield family and look forward to the opportunity of working with the Jacks in building their brand and telling their story," said Learfield President and CEO Greg Brown.
Stephen F. Austin becomes the seventh collegiate property for Learfield to represent in the state of Texas, including the Southland Conference. In addition to the Lumberjacks, Learfield holds an individual rights agreement with fellow Conference member, McNeese State.
An industry leader for more than four decades, Learfield has a deep presence in the college athletics landscape nationwide. It manages the multimedia and sponsorship rights for 120 collegiate institutions, conferences and arenas (http://learfieldsp.wpengine.com/university-partners/), and supports athletic departments at all competitive levels as title sponsor of the prestigious Learfield Directors’ Cup. Learfield also provides its collegiate partners access to professional concessions and ticket sales; licensing and trademark consulting; digital platform expertise; and venue and technology systems through its affiliated companies.

clenz
February 24th, 2016, 07:27 PM
Welcome to learfield

You'll hate it here

*insert joke including the word Leary*

SFA 93
February 24th, 2016, 09:01 PM
Well they do have us near Arkansas on the map. Lol

TheRevSFA
February 24th, 2016, 09:09 PM
Welcome to learfield

You'll hate it here

*insert joke including the word Leary*

Well, if we are gonna be miserable we can do it together

BEAR
February 25th, 2016, 09:41 AM
Well they do have us near Arkansas on the map. Lol

I was wondering about that. Also wondering when UCA will get some TV coverage...looks kinda barren there in Arkansas. xlolx

SFA 71
March 16th, 2016, 01:47 PM
ERS of Texas

All you've ever wanted to know of how we do it.

http://www.ers.state.tx.us/

Are you sure that he will retire with ERS? Their site says you must be :

Home (http://www.ers.state.tx.us/home.aspx) > Employees (http://www.ers.state.tx.us/Employees/) > Retirement Planning (http://www.ers.state.tx.us/Employees/Retirement/Overview/) > Eligibility
Eligibility

See how your service and age work together to make you eligible for a monthly ERS retirement benefit and health insurance.
Answer the questions to begin.

1. Type of Retirement
Regular State Employee
Commissioned Peace Officer or Custodial Officer (LECOS)
Elected State Official
Judicial, Plan I or Plan II

Is he considered to be a Regular State Employee? I see that ERS has about the same plan as TRS. An employee must have 10 years to be vested and/or meet the Rule of 80[ i.e. Age + years of service must equal 80]

He will get a percentage of his last 3 or 5 years employment average. You multiply 2.3 times your years of Texas employment and then multiply that times your average salary. If he has worked in Texas for the minimum of 10 years, he would get 23 % of his 3 or 5 year average. If his salary was/is 100000$ per year, he would retire with an income of 23000$ yearly or approximately 2000$ per month.

When I retired, it was 3 years, but I think that has been increased to 5 years. You may buy years credit by transferring funds from your previous agency to Texas. To buy years is fairly expensive but it might not be too bad if you are transferring in.

Of course, you don't have to pay your retirement deduction each month so that means a 5 [or is it 7 ] % saving every month.

I'm TRS so I'm not positive what ERS does.