PDA

View Full Version : GRIZ JR WR Ellis Henderson declares for the draft

mtgrizzly
January 16th, 2016, 10:45 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160117/0af98864d390a113cd22132cd487c9b4.jpg

Rumor was he was going to academically ineligible next year. Good luck Ellis!!

NoDak 4 Ever
January 16th, 2016, 10:47 PM
I might get it if he had academic issues but what is with all these FCS underclassmen declaring for the draft?

Risky move.

Professor Chaos
January 16th, 2016, 11:18 PM
I saw a Todd McShay tweet earlier today saying that 186 underclassmen have declared themselves eligible prior to the 2014 and 2015 drafts and 62 of them went undrafted. So far this year (at that time) 102 underclassmen had declared themselves eligible for the 2016 draft. Makes you xsmhx thinking about how probably 40 of them won't even be drafted much less make a regular season NFL roster.

BisonTru
January 16th, 2016, 11:40 PM
I saw a Todd McShay tweet earlier today saying that 186 underclassmen have declared themselves eligible prior to the 2014 and 2015 drafts and 62 of them went undrafted. So far this year (at that time) 102 underclassmen had declared themselves eligible for the 2016 draft. Makes you xsmhx thinking about how probably 40 of them won't even be drafted much less make a regular season NFL roster.

I'm assuming you're talking 186 combined between both years. Crazy though, I wouldn't advise my son to leave unless he was at least a 3rd or higher. For the record Henderson wouldn't be eligible next year for academic purposes. I believe that came out in the Missoulian, with his announcement. And McMakin's hand may have been forced as well.

Professor Chaos
January 16th, 2016, 11:43 PM
I'm assuming you're talking 186 combined between both years. Crazy though, I wouldn't advise my son to leave unless he was at least a 3rd or higher. For the record Henderson wouldn't be eligible next year for academic purposes. I believe that came out in the Missoulian, with his announcement. And McMakin's hand may have been forced as well.
Yeah, 186 combined for those two years. Already over 100 this year alone and the deadline to declare isn't until Monday.

Bison Fan in NW MN
January 17th, 2016, 07:37 AM
Good FCS WR.

6-0 and 195. There are probably a ton of guys with his same build. Hopefully he stands out.

Uncle Rico's Clan
January 18th, 2016, 11:20 AM
Here is an article covering Ellis' decision to enter the draft. It definitely points to academics being the deciding factor. Ellis also says he doesn't expect to be drafted, but this is the route he has to take if he wants to pursue football.

http://missoulian.com/sports/college/montana/griz-wr-henderson-declares-for-nfl-draft-leaves-school-early/article_37bcca8f-91cb-5a6b-a9e2-29d639431712.html

centennial
January 18th, 2016, 01:33 PM
Here is an article covering Ellis' decision to enter the draft. It definitely points to academics being the deciding factor. Ellis also says he doesn't expect to be drafted, but this is the route he has to take if he wants to pursue football.

http://missoulian.com/sports/college/montana/griz-wr-henderson-declares-for-nfl-draft-leaves-school-early/article_37bcca8f-91cb-5a6b-a9e2-29d639431712.html

If things don't work out he can always go back to school and retake a few classes.

BisonTru
January 18th, 2016, 04:44 PM
I've tried to poke my head over to eGriz to see what the Griz folks are saying on this and the website never loads. Did that place meltdown or what?

ursus arctos horribilis
January 18th, 2016, 04:48 PM
I've tried to poke my head over to eGriz to see what the Griz folks are saying on this and the website never loads. Did that place meltdown or what?

I think it is just you brother. I just went to check it and it loads fine for me. I'm on a puter.

BisonTru
January 18th, 2016, 04:53 PM
I think it is just you brother. I just went to check it and it loads fine for me. I'm on a puter.

Huh, so am I. Tried yesterday too. They ever ban anyone who's never even posted there before? I suppose I could run over to Maroonblood and bitch about it.:D

centennial
January 18th, 2016, 04:57 PM
Huh, so am I. Tried yesterday too. They ever ban anyone who's never even posted there before? I suppose I could run over to Maroonblood and bitch about it.:D

Do you have your DNS setup? Some times your ISP DNS don't work well.

BisonTru
January 18th, 2016, 05:01 PM
Do you have your DNS setup? Some times your ISP DNS don't work well.

Not that tech savy. I just tried on my phone browser and it wouldn't load as well. Not a big deal at all, just odd that's the only website I'm having issues with.

No_Skill
January 18th, 2016, 05:28 PM
Not that tech savy. I just tried on my phone browser and it wouldn't load as well. Not a big deal at all, just odd that's the only website I'm having issues with.

It won't load for me either.

ursus arctos horribilis
January 18th, 2016, 05:37 PM

I'm not logged in, just browsed to it from google and went and looked at public pages. I don't know if my account from way back is even active there anymore and wouldn't have the password anyway. xlolx

centennial
January 18th, 2016, 07:57 PM
http://pcsupport.about.com/od/windows-8/fl/change-dns-servers-windows-8.htm

Another good idea if any site is unreachable is hitting the windows button -> go to command prompt and type in -> ping www.egriz.com
DNS servers sometimes won't resolve the sites you are going to. ISP's straight up have a list of sites you are going to, so I try to keep away from using the default ones. Plus the browser hijacking really annoys me, type in the wrong address and I see a default century link page.

No_Skill
January 18th, 2016, 09:29 PM
What do you do on an android device?

dewey
January 18th, 2016, 09:46 PM
The article mentions that Ellis had a full load of classes because he missed last year and then got over loaded with football and school in the midst of his mental illness. They (coaches, academic advisors or parents) should have told him to take a lighter load and potentially take classes in the summer or another year in order to ease back into school while coping with his mental illness. The most important thing is to graduate and not the number of years it took.

Seems like his academic advisors/coaches or parents dropped the ball.

I hope he eventually earns his degree and gets his life in order.

Dewey

centennial
January 18th, 2016, 10:00 PM
What do you do on an android device?
Here is a video that shows how to change it. 8.8.8.8 is the one google uses. 4.2.2.1 is from level 3 which is an internet backbone company.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpBHyPYbmuw

Libertine
January 19th, 2016, 07:06 AM
The article mentions that Ellis had a full load of classes because he missed last year and then got over loaded with football and school in the midst of his mental illness. They (coaches, academic advisors or parents) should have told him to take a lighter load and potentially take classes in the summer or another year in order to ease back into school while coping with his mental illness. The most important thing is to graduate and not the number of years it took.

Seems like his academic advisors/coaches or parents dropped the ball.

You're probably right but there's also the 27-hour rule to consider. Typically, football players don't try to get the bulk of them during the fall semester but Henderson's circumstances may have been different.