PDA

View Full Version : MVFC 2016 Edition

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9

clenz
October 17th, 2016, 04:11 PM
This is not the UNI of 1998 or 2005 or even 2014. This is the UNI of 2016 and perennial has nothing to do with it. The defensive front seven is fantastic, weaker in the secondary. In fact, the defense had more yard in the second half against YSU than the offense ... scored more points, too.
This.

If you can score 12 and keep the UNI defense/return game from scoring it will be impossible to not win by at least 9.

UNI has no touchdowns in the last 5 quarters on offense - okay well there was one that was the very tail end of a drive that started in the third quarter against USD but realistically 5 quarters.

That 1 touchdown is the only touchdown in 7 quarters.

The last 12 quarters UNI has 7 offensive touchdowns and 2 defensive touchdowns. 4 of those drives are <55 yards and 3 <35 yards....yeah

neverobeyed
October 17th, 2016, 04:23 PM
No word on the starter but I think he has broken ribs. Back up #2 out for season with broken collarbone. They told him he may never play again as they have to add steel plates in several places. Unbelievably he played the remainder of the series (and I think he threw a pick) and attempted throws that were no good. I expect to see the 3rd string QB this weekend but who knows... They won't talk about the nature of the starters injuries

That's a shame. Never want to see any injuries. Number 3 held his own for the most part, made big plays and made one really bad decision. But he stuck in there and came through. Redshirt-freshman? He and Ruiz had great games, the OLine as well in the second half.

neverobeyed
October 17th, 2016, 07:21 PM
This.

If you can score 12 and keep the UNI defense/return game from scoring it will be impossible to not win by at least 9.

UNI has no touchdowns in the last 5 quarters on offense - okay well there was one that was the very tail end of a drive that started in the third quarter against USD but realistically 5 quarters.

That 1 touchdown is the only touchdown in 7 quarters.

The last 12 quarters UNI has 7 offensive touchdowns and 2 defensive touchdowns. 4 of those drives are <55 yards and 3 <35 yards....yeah

When you think about it, it was actually quite risky for YSU to run the 20+ 12 minute drive in the second half ... UNI's defense is more potent than the offense to that point in the game (and sadly, after).

penguinpower
October 17th, 2016, 07:25 PM
http://thefcswedge.com/mvfc/ags-gotw-week-7-part-2-the-dakota-marker-south-dakota-state-at-north-dakota-state/

While I think that the Penguins could have done a better job passing, I thought the Penguins looked really good beating UNI at their strength. I felt like South Dakota beat UNI with the deep pass, perhaps a defensive weakness for UNI, but YSU ran straight at them. UNI played hard as they had their backs against the wall. Just a difference of opinion I guess. I still think UNI is a top 25 team and I see them winning several remaining games this year.

ST_Lawson
October 17th, 2016, 07:28 PM
Much of this has already been discussed various places, but for anyone who's interested in hearing my take on the games from this last weekend...

http://thefcswedge.com/mvfc/mvfc-week-7-review/

penguinpower
October 17th, 2016, 07:47 PM
Much of this has already been discussed various places, but for anyone who's interested in hearing my take on the games from this last weekend...

Nice job! I can see that this took a significant amount of time. I like you analysis, I felt you pointed out the relevant parts of the game without bias.

Redbird007
October 17th, 2016, 09:16 PM
Nice job! I can see that this took a significant amount of time. I like you analysis, I felt you pointed out the relevant parts of the game without bias.

Agree as well that is a quality write up. Well done Lawson.

Daved
October 17th, 2016, 09:20 PM
UNI has put up 25pts vs Iowa State,30 on E.Washington,and 42 on SIU they are definitely capable of of winning their remaining games as well as easily being one of the top 25 teams in FCS.

PantherRob82
October 17th, 2016, 09:35 PM
UNI has put up 25pts vs Iowa State,30 on E.Washington,and 42 on SIU they are definitely capable of of winning their remaining games as well as easily being one of the top 25 teams in FCS.

Whatever helps you sleep at night. xlolx

clenz
October 17th, 2016, 09:45 PM

UNIs defense also scored against SIU
3 of UNIs touchdown drives against SIU were less than 50 yards because the defense gave them field position.

Scoring on those three teams isn't an accomplishment

LeeshaJo
October 18th, 2016, 03:20 AM

So it's 3am.(ish) here in S.D. And, your's truly once again can't sleep. What better thing to do than read recaps of games. Did I mention 3 am? I have to say it was quite amusing reading the recaps. I appreciated the sarcasm, humor and tongue-in-cheek review, all while giving the wanted information.

Thanks for doing these😀

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dewey
October 18th, 2016, 07:05 AM
Here is an article from the Fargo Forum about NDSU going to Western Illinois without Bruce Anderson and some post game conferences.

http://www.inforum.com/sports/4138590-bison-head-western-illinois-without-anderson-no-1-ranking

Here is the audio from the 17 October 2016 press conference with NDSU HC Chris Klieman.
http://www.inforum.com/sports/4138590-bison-head-western-illinois-without-anderson-no-1-ranking

Dewey

CappinHard
October 18th, 2016, 12:51 PM
I've seen a few NDSU fans saying that they hope YSU beats SDSU because it could benefit NDSU, and I'm curious as to how a YSU win would help out NDSU. For one, it would make their loss to SDSU seem worse, where as if SDSU were to win out, that loss wouldn't look as bad. If you're talking about winning the conference championship, I guess that's a consideration, but if both NDSU and SDSU win out, I don't think the conference championship will make a lick of difference in terms of seeding. I also think that if we both win out, NDSU will be seeded higher than SDSU regardless of the head to head loss and the fact that SDSU would have won the conference championship. Am I not thinking of something that would make YSU beating SDSU better for NDSU?

dewey
October 18th, 2016, 01:01 PM
I've seen a few NDSU fans saying that they hope YSU beats SDSU because it could benefit NDSU, and I'm curious as to how a YSU win would help out NDSU. For one, it would make their loss to SDSU seem worse, where as if SDSU were to win out, that loss wouldn't look as bad. If you're talking about winning the conference championship, I guess that's a consideration, but if both NDSU and SDSU win out, I don't think the conference championship will make a lick of difference in terms of seeding. I also think that if we both win out, NDSU will be seeded higher than NDSU regardless of the head to head loss and the fact that SDSU would have won the conference championship. Am I not thinking of something that would make YSU beating SDSU better for NDSU?

If SDSU is NDSU's only loss it won't be bad no matter what happens the rest of the way (see YSU in 2011 or Indiana State in 2012). Sometimes a loss is a good thing and I had now grand illusions that this NDSU team was good enough to go undefeated.

My thought is if YSU beats SDSU and NDSU beats YSU all three teams would share the MVFC crown. Under that scenario NDSU would run the table the rest of the way and go 10-1 which would ensure NDSU of a top 2 seed and home field through the playoffs (thanks to wins over top 1-5 EWU, top 10 CSU, top 15 WIU, FBS Iowa, maybe top 25 USD and top 5-10 YSU). At 8-3 SDSU would probably not get a seed which hopefully would not send them to Fargo again.

Dewey

CappinHard
October 18th, 2016, 01:17 PM
If SDSU is NDSU's only loss it won't be bad no matter what happens the rest of the way (see YSU in 2011 or Indiana State in 2012). Sometimes a loss is a good thing and I had now grand illusions that this NDSU team was good enough to go undefeated.

My thought is if YSU beats SDSU and NDSU beats YSU all three teams would share the MVFC crown. Under that scenario NDSU would run the table the rest of the way and go 10-1 which would ensure NDSU of a top 2 seed and home field through the playoffs (thanks to wins over top 1-5 EWU, top 10 CSU, top 15 WIU, FBS Iowa, maybe top 25 USD and top 5-10 YSU). At 8-3 SDSU would probably not get a seed which hopefully would not send them to Fargo again.

Dewey

Like I said, I can see wanting at least a share of the conference crown, but I think that SDSU being 9-2 would bode well in terms of NDSU's seeding. If SDSU is 8-3, that might move NDSU a notch lower in seeding...? Hard to tell with the way the committee makes decisions at times. As far as SDSU being sent to Fargo I think it would be more likely that SDSU is sent to Fargo if they don't get a seed, because then they'll probably end up in a first round game that feeds to Fargo. If they have a seed it will depend on how the bracket shakes out, and correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't think regionalization mattered when setting seeds. I thought they seeded the top 8 based on their criterion, and I didn't think they would look at the bracket and make sure the 3rd round matchups would work out regionally. If I am correct, I feel like it would be better for NDSU if SDSU won.

Professor Chaos
October 18th, 2016, 01:56 PM
I've seen a few NDSU fans saying that they hope YSU beats SDSU because it could benefit NDSU, and I'm curious as to how a YSU win would help out NDSU. For one, it would make their loss to SDSU seem worse, where as if SDSU were to win out, that loss wouldn't look as bad. If you're talking about winning the conference championship, I guess that's a consideration, but if both NDSU and SDSU win out, I don't think the conference championship will make a lick of difference in terms of seeding. I also think that if we both win out, NDSU will be seeded higher than SDSU regardless of the head to head loss and the fact that SDSU would have won the conference championship. Am I not thinking of something that would make YSU beating SDSU better for NDSU?
Because we're greedy and we want a conference championship. If YSU beats SDSU then NDSU goes back to controlling it's own destiny in terms of a (possibly shared) MVFC shared title.

As far as seeding you're mostly right. However, if NDSU takes care of business and is able to share that conference title or win it outright at 7-1 they'll also be a top 2 seed regardless of whether SDSU loses only one more or four more.

EDIT: Oh, and I hate (I mean absolutely loathe) the "quality loss" argument come selection time. Who did you play and who did you beat? Those should be the questions asked not "who did you lose to?".

Thumper 76
October 18th, 2016, 02:32 PM
If ndsu fans really mean t when they say they don't want to face SDSU in the second round again then they better pull for the Jacks to win out and get a seed.

CappinHard
October 18th, 2016, 03:20 PM
If ndsu fans really mean t when they say they don't want to face SDSU in the second round again then they better pull for the Jacks to win out and get a seed.

https://cdn.meme.am/instances/66124806.jpg

AmsterBison
October 18th, 2016, 03:54 PM

Things change. For example, I'm pretty sure that most NDSU fans, all Bison players, and all Bison coaches want to stomp SDSU in rabbit paste ASAP. :)

Professor Chaos
October 18th, 2016, 05:42 PM

Wouldn't mind at all seeing the wabbits in the playoffs. That's not to say your guys would be an easy out but I'd like to see my Bison get another crack at your boys.

Thumper 76
October 18th, 2016, 06:14 PM
Things change. For example, I'm pretty sure that most NDSU fans, all Bison players, and all Bison coaches want to stomp SDSU in rabbit paste ASAP. :)

Wouldn't mind at all seeing the wabbits in the playoffs. That's not to say your guys would be an easy out but I'd like to see my Bison get another crack at your boys.

Careful what you wish for. I doubt we stall inside the five that many times again.

Professor Chaos
October 18th, 2016, 06:16 PM
Careful what you wish for. I doubt we stall inside the five that many times again.

I'm sure you wouldn't.

centennial
October 19th, 2016, 12:12 PM

Careful what you wish for, sometimes our OC calls good games. Hate for that to happen to SDSU.

PantherRob82
October 19th, 2016, 12:30 PM
Careful what you wish for, sometimes our OC calls good games.
Must be nice. xlolx

centennial
October 19th, 2016, 12:40 PM
Must be nice. xlolx

3 games in 5 is still better than 0. Seriously though, one game we look like NIU, next Nebraska from 90's, next like Alabama. We don't really have an identity.

BisonTru
October 19th, 2016, 02:01 PM
3 games in 5 is still better than 0. Seriously though, one game we look like NIU, next Nebraska from 90's, next like Alabama. We don't really have an identity.

Weren't you the same guy ragging on Polasek for being too predictable last year?

neverobeyed
October 19th, 2016, 02:44 PM
Careful what you wish for, sometimes our OC calls good games.

Must be nice. xlolx

With co-OCs, is the failure ratio measured multiplying by two or dividing by two?

centennial
October 19th, 2016, 04:50 PM
Weren't you the same guy ragging on Polasek for being too predictable last year?

Yes and? We don't have to reinvent ourselves every time. Just take what the defense is giving is, how hard is that? If teams keep crowding the box then throw the ball. Once they have been burned a few times they will stop. Imposing your will is overrated when your line isn't blockbuster. Plus teams have gotten wise to power, especially when everyone watching can tell if run vs throw is coming. We started going under center, but have lost the plot with formations, play calling, that stupid delta formation etc. Do you not agree play calling is up and down? Can you not see that teams keep crowding the box, they will keep doing it till we show we can play around it.

BisonTru
October 19th, 2016, 05:42 PM
Yes and? We don't have to reinvent ourselves every time. Just take what the defense is giving is, how hard is that? If teams keep crowding the box then throw the ball. Once they have been burned a few times they will stop. Imposing your will is overrated when your line isn't blockbuster. Plus teams have gotten wise to power, especially when everyone watching can tell if run vs throw is coming. We started going under center, but have lost the plot with formations, play calling, that stupid delta formation etc. Do you not agree play calling is up and down? Can you not see that teams keep crowding the box, they will keep doing it till we show we can play around it.

IDK, last year it seemed you were on Polasek for being too predictable, now our offense is too unpredictable. Just seems as if Tim kicked your dog a long time ago, and whenever we lose or have a close game your on him for it.

I will give you this, you aren't in the bisonville camp where 50% of the posters would love it if we just ran power over and over again regardless if it's working.

BisonFan02
October 19th, 2016, 05:50 PM
IDK, last year it seemed you were on Polasek for being too predictable, now our offense is too unpredictable. Just seems as if Tim kicked your dog a long time ago, and whenever we lose or have a close game your on him for it.

I will give you this, you aren't in the bisonville camp where 50% of the posters would love it if we just ran power over and over again regardless if it's working.

:D

http://sd.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk/i/keep-calm-and-run-power-1.png

centennial
October 19th, 2016, 06:05 PM

I am all for running power, I am just not for running it when the other team makes it their mission to stop it. Run the WCO how it's meant to be run, if he has to add a little spread, or read option that is fine. Most of those making claims about playing Bison football didn't even know for about a year that we were running a different kind of offense. I am not enamored by offensive philosophies, they just need to work. I dislike all this talk about running the ball 40 times a game. Take what the other team will give you, if that means your TOP isn't as lopsided who cares. Also, I don't think Coach P is bad, sometimes he is out thinking even himself.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 19th, 2016, 06:39 PM
Roll call Bison fans: Who is going to the WIU game?

Looking forward to going...1st trip to Macomb.

CappinHard
October 19th, 2016, 06:47 PM
Roll call Bison fans: Who is going to the WIU game?

Looking forward to going...1st trip to Macomb.

Really? On this thread? Couldn't create a game thread for this?

The Yo Show
October 19th, 2016, 06:57 PM
With co-OCs, is the failure ratio measured multiplying by two or dividing by two?

POTY material right there.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 19th, 2016, 07:01 PM
Really? On this thread? Couldn't create a game thread for this?

Big deal. You the thread police tough guy?

BisonTru
October 19th, 2016, 07:18 PM
I am all for running power, I am just not for running it when the other team makes it their mission to stop it. Run the WCO how it's meant to be run, if he has to add a little spread, or read option that is fine. Most of those making claims about playing Bison football didn't even know for about a year that we were running a different kind of offense. I am not enamored by offensive philosophies, they just need to work. I dislike all this talk about running the ball 40 times a game. Take what the other team will give you, if that means your TOP isn't as lopsided who cares. Also, I don't think Coach P is bad, sometimes he is out thinking even himself.

I disagree with you on running the ball and TOP. There's no better way to wear on defense than running it right at them and preferably with power. However, you need a gameplan to set that up. You can't be that predictable. I've been very happy with how NDSU has stayed true to itself, but has mixed in wrinkles of read option, jet sweep, even spread concepts.

What is somewhat bothersome in college football is you see these spread quick offensive coordinators rise quickly because they produce monster stats, but IMO the OCs that are staying true to TOP grind it out football are being overlooked. See SIU as a perfect example. Lennon gave in and tried the quick spread offense. He gets fired and the OC is promoted. The plus side for us, if you like Polasek, he may fly under the radar because he's not ever going to have an offense put up ridiculous stats.

Twentysix
October 19th, 2016, 11:32 PM
I disagree with you on running the ball and TOP. There's no better way to wear on defense than running it right at them and preferably with power. However, you need a gameplan to set that up. You can't be that predictable. I've been very happy with how NDSU has stayed true to itself, but has mixed in wrinkles of read option, jet sweep, even spread concepts.

What is somewhat bothersome in college football is you see these spread quick offensive coordinators rise quickly because they produce monster stats, but IMO the OCs that are staying true to TOP grind it out football are being overlooked. See SIU as a perfect example. Lennon gave in and tried the quick spread offense. He gets fired and the OC is promoted. The plus side for us, if you like Polasek, he may fly under the radar because he's not ever going to have an offense put up ridiculous stats.

I also agree that TOP has been very important for NDSU. NDSU's TOP has been our defenses greatest weapon imo.

centennial
October 20th, 2016, 01:14 AM

In the end the score matters more than any other stat. Yes, the TOP is important. It's not more important than winning the game. Again not saying need to abandon the run, on the contrary we need to be balanced enough to punish teams for stacking the box. If that is the case the occasional shot down the field can help, we cannot be afraid to score too quickly. That is why the WCO with dip and dunk can act like a run game, relive pressure and keep the defense from selling out. In the Illinois State game we were afraid of how quickly we scored. A true NFL WC offense also sucks up TOP, we don't have NFL caliber lines to be stubborn. Also enough of this PC bull****, we play division 1 football, I don't know why we insist on taking the foot off the throat.

semobison
October 20th, 2016, 09:31 AM
In the end the score matters more than any other stat. Yes, the TOP is important. It's not more important than winning the game. Again not saying need to abandon the run, on the contrary we need to be balanced enough to punish teams for stacking the box. If that is the case the occasional shot down the field can help, we cannot be afraid to score too quickly. That is why the WCO with dip and dunk can act like a run game, relive pressure and keep the defense from selling out. In the Illinois State game we were afraid of how quickly we scored. A true NFL WC offense also sucks up TOP, we don't have NFL caliber lines to be stubborn. Also enough of this PC bull****, we play division 1 football, I don't know why we insist on taking the foot off the throat.

A lot of times our offense is too predictable. When we have a lead we are even more predictable. The Bison had chances of putting away EWU and SDSU in the 4th qtr., played conservative and let them back in the game. Opponents know we want to run the football. When we have a lead they know we are going to run the football. I'm not for throwing it all over the place, but when opponents stack the box, the dink and dunk works.

Professor Chaos
October 20th, 2016, 09:40 AM
A lot of times our offense is too predictable. When we have a lead we are even more predictable. The Bison had chances of putting away EWU and SDSU in the 4th qtr., played conservative and let them back in the game. Opponents know we want to run the football. When we have a lead they know we are going to run the football. I'm not for throwing it all over the place, but when opponents stack the box, the dink and dunk works.
I've said it about 858 times between here and Bisonville but in the last 3 drives of the SDSU game, where NDSU gained 23 yards total and failed to ice the game all three times, they had pass plays dialed up in 7 of 11 plays.

I've become absolutely convinced that the Polasek lynch mob just sees that it wants to see.

dewey
October 20th, 2016, 09:46 AM
I've said it about 858 times between here and Bisonville but in the last 3 drives of the SDSU game, where NDSU gained 23 yards total and failed to ice the game all three times, they had pass plays dialed up in 7 of 11 plays.

I've become absolutely convinced that the Polasek lynch mob just sees that it wants to see.

Stick missed some open recievers those drives that could have moved the chains or the long pass to Urzendowski that could have been a touchdown. Bad combination of play calling and acknowledge of execution.

Dewey

Professor Chaos
October 20th, 2016, 09:54 AM
Stick missed some open recievers those drives that could have moved the chains or the long pass to Urzendowski that could have been a touchdown. Bad combination of play calling and acknowledge of execution.

Dewey
Yup, some mistakes there definitely but they also got flat outplayed by SDSU in that stretch. SDSU sniffed out a middle screen to Morlock beautifully stopping it or a loss on 3rd down. They stopped a little swing pass to Dunn in the right flat with an excellent tackle for a minimal gain. Easton threw low to RJ on a slant that made him go to the ground and limited it to a 4 yard gain. I'm sure Polasek wasn't pleased with his play calling but the notion that play calling lost the SDSU game is just asinine IMO. It's just an excuse... and it's a bad one. The better team that day won.

dewey
October 20th, 2016, 10:04 AM
Yup, some mistakes there definitely but they also got flat outplayed by SDSU in that stretch. SDSU sniffed out a middle screen to Morlock beautifully stopping it or a loss on 3rd down. They stopped a little swing pass to Dunn in the right flat with an excellent tackle for a minimal gain. Easton threw low to RJ on a slant that made him go to the ground and limited it to a 4 yard gain. I'm sure Polasek wasn't pleased with his play calling but the notion that play calling lost the SDSU game is just asinine IMO. It's just an excuse... and it's a bad one. The better team that day won.

Agreed. Give credit to SDSU as they made the plays to win the game.

Dewey

Bison56
October 20th, 2016, 11:33 AM
Agreed. Give credit to SDSU as they made the plays to win the game.

Dewey

That's asking a lot for some fans.

ST_Lawson
October 21st, 2016, 08:42 AM
Week 8 Preview of the MVFC games: http://thefcswedge.com/mvfc/mvfc-week-8-preview/

ST_Lawson
October 22nd, 2016, 03:34 PM
Week 8 Preview of the MVFC games: http://thefcswedge.com/mvfc/mvfc-week-8-preview/

I originally picked UNI to win by 7...guess I should have added a decimal place...by 70.

Catsfan90
October 22nd, 2016, 03:54 PM
I originally picked UNI to win by 7...guess I should have added a decimal place...by 70.
UNI's line must have had their breakfast pizzas. Just tuned in, and I had to take a double take at the score!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Thumper 76
October 22nd, 2016, 04:02 PM
UNI's line must have had their breakfast pizzas. Just tuned in, and I had to take a double take at the score!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23740&stc=1

andthehomeofthe-BIZON-
October 22nd, 2016, 04:26 PM
Did UNI find a Quarterback???

dewey
October 22nd, 2016, 04:33 PM
Did UNI find a Quarterback???

It is that annual time when UNI has their back against the wall and then makes a run at the playoffs.

Dewey

dewey
October 22nd, 2016, 05:11 PM
Come on SIU! Get a stop and win this game.

Dewey

dewey
October 22nd, 2016, 05:22 PM
Woo hooo! Missed field goal by Indiana State (about 25 yards or so). Come on SIU drive the field and tie this one up....full disclosure I am cheering for SIU so that way I can tie Thumper for the MVFC pick em lead.

22-14 ISU leafs with about 330 to go in the 4th quarter. SIU ball at their own about 10 yard line.

Dewey

Thumper 76
October 22nd, 2016, 05:25 PM
Woo hooo! Missed field goal by Indiana State (about 25 yards or so). Come on SIU drive the field and tie this one up....full disclosure I am cheering for SIU so that way I can tie Thumper for the MVFC pick em lead.

22-14 ISU leafs with about 330 to go in the 4th quarter. SIU ball at their own about 10 yard line.

Dewey

GO TREES

Schism55
October 22nd, 2016, 05:30 PM
Can officially stick a fork in ye olde Redbirds.

dewey
October 22nd, 2016, 05:31 PM
GO TREES

Questionable unnecessary roughness call on SIU that made it 4th and 25 I stead of 4th and 10.

Dewey

Thumper 76
October 22nd, 2016, 05:33 PM
Questionable unnecessary rough essential call on SIU that made it 4th and 25 I stead of 4th and 10.

Dewey
Whateveah go Trees!!!

dewey
October 22nd, 2016, 05:35 PM
Dang it SIU!

Dewey

Sycamore62
October 22nd, 2016, 05:38 PM
We missed 2 fgs less than 27yds and 2 pats

- - - Updated - - -

And that unsportsmanlike call was good if any of them on us are ever good

PantherRob82
October 24th, 2016, 01:18 PM
http://thefcswedge.com/mvfc/ags-gotw-week-8-youngstown-state-at-south-dakota-state/

Recap and highlights of YSU@SDSU

ST_Lawson
October 24th, 2016, 04:35 PM
And here's my usual take on all the weekend's action...it's a little shorter than usual (I'm a Cubs fan, so I was busy Saturday night and ended up having to sleep most of Sunday).

http://thefcswedge.com/mvfc/mvfc-week-8-review/

Thumper 76
October 24th, 2016, 05:12 PM
So with NDSU playing UNI, and SDSU just having played NDSU and YSU, it got me thinking. I seem to have an irrational dislike of YSU, its completely unfounded. But I really don' like them. So, I wanted to rank my hatred for other MVFC teams. Its nothing personal, doesn't mean I hate you, just your team, and maybe you a little bit because of it :D

1) NDSU- Doesn't need a lot of explanation here. I've always hated the bumbling buffaloes, but after five years of nauseating praise for them, and having to move to Fargo, its a little bit more than a little amplified. Seriously, lose every game. Forever.

2) USeD- Similar, doesn't need a lot of explanation. Many stories of kicking out Yote guys from out house in college during parties who tried to be ass hats, the whole saga from when SDSU went to DI and USeD publicly laughed at us, the general annoying snottyness cause they have the med school located in a trailer park. Vermintown in general is awful. You guys can lose every game too. xlolx

3) YSU- I have no idea why, but I really don't like the wobble birds. Its irrational, maybe its because they are like a NDSU that has fallen from grace and we always hear about how amazing they are going to be every season. I dunno. I just don't like you guys

4) ISUr- Likely due to fanboard interactions. TBH, 3-5 are really close for me and might as well be tied, so I just thought about each teams name and whichever drew the most anger from me won. That and how cocky their fans are and how quick they are to cry lack of respect. Good greif.

5) UNI- Just because your team is always a pain in the ass to play against every year. Seriously, its irritating. That and when clenz goes on a stats crusade against my team (who hasn't experienced this).

6) SIU- Get real tired of hearing how amazing their transfers are going to be, and how screwed the rest of the MVFC is going to be. That is all.

7) WIU- Because of the travel debacle from last year and spoiling us getting our first seed ever in school history. Bastards.

8) ISUb- I don't hate you guys much at all tbh. I actually root for you to do well. Similar to Misery St, I feel bad for you fans of these guys out there. I'll hate you when you get good I promise.

9) Misery St- See Indy St. I listened to this years opening coaches teleconference and legitimately felt bad for the guy. Hope he turns it around. Have a sneaking suspicion that if they do get good they would make an extremely rapid ascent through these standings though....

I'm almost more curious to see who teams like Indy St and WIU hate more than anything else.

clenz
October 24th, 2016, 05:33 PM
5) UNI- Just because your team is always a pain in the ass to play against every year. Seriously, its irritating. That and when clenz goes on a stats crusade against my team (who hasn't experienced this).

I would have made one hell of an accountant or actuary if I had an attention span

TheKingpin28
October 24th, 2016, 05:50 PM
You hate us, yet you sport our helmet and our horns. xlolx

But seriously, the resentment would be similar if you could win on a consistent basis when it counts. Now that you have NDSU's property, we want it back and will take it by force if necessary.

1) UNI Coach Farley could go 0-10 for the season but will find a way to play NDSU as tough as possible. Also, Farley has pure disdain for NDSU and in return, I have pure disdain for him. I respect him, but I do not like him.

2) SDSU Coach Stieg is a solid guy but the bunnies can go die in a hole and accept death. I cannot think of a worse colour combination than Blue, Gold, and White.

3) ISUr Brock and his band of misfits annoy the hell out of me with their "mistakes" but he accepts people who make bad decisions and acts as if there is no problem. The posters also annoy me as most, not all (some seem like solid people), but most ISUr posters make me want to hate them.

4) YSU Pelini is a dick and Tressel is scum. And their campus is nowhere near the Valley footprint.

5) SIU Talk a big game but do not back it up. (Had Dale Lennon still been there, they would have been in the 3 slot, cause **** Lennon)

6) USD I actually like Coach Nielson and have had friends play for him at UMD. They said he was an awesome coach, but he was not the most personable at times.

7) WIU Now I am starting to get into teams that I do not dislike, but have apathy towards. Only reason why they get this spot over 8 or 9 is due to being in the Summit so there is a "rivalry"

8) ISUb They just cannot catch a break (sans 2014), but I do not feel as bad for them as I do for MSU. I feel like Sanford is a decent guy, have not heard negative things about him.

9) MSU What can I say about them that has not be ragged on before. I will leave this one alone.

ST_Lawson
October 24th, 2016, 07:25 PM
Well, I can't really speak for other Western fans, but here'd be my ranking currently:

1) South Dakota - used to be much lower on my list...more apathetic towards them, but now, post-coach "situation" and how that all went down, they shot up to #1 like a bullet.

2) Youngstown State - Just go east already.

3) Illinois State - I don't know if ISU considers it a "rivalry", but we do. Been playing them a long time, plus losing to them twice last year really pissed me off. Hoping we can take revenge this year at our place.

4) Southern Illinois - Also somewhat of a "rivalry" although less so than ISUr. It just feels like we've had a decent number of seasons end in heartbreak down in Carbondale...mostly in the last 10-15 years.

5) Missouri State - kinda like the South Dakota thing...they stole our coach...but that's been a while, so it's faded, plus they were nearly always bad the entire time he was there and from then on. I'm hoping the "Coach Ball Curse" hits South Dakota, but it doesn't look like it is...not yet anyway (took a couple of years for it to really take affect with Ball also).

Something else about the upper part of this list...notice a trend? What are their team colors? Red...red...red...maroon...brown...all shades of red. I honestly hate red, it's my least favorite color. Probably has something to do with my baseball team affiliation (Cubs...we hate Cardinals), and the fact that I grew up during the cold war...when calling someone a filthy "red" was an insult...rather than a vague hint that you played baseball in Cincinnati.

6) Northern Iowa - had some really high-stakes games with them in the past, although not so much in recent years. Usually they're better than us, but I like their team colors, I've known a lot of people in their marching band, and my in-laws both went to UNI.

7) Indiana State - I don't think I really even strongly dislike anyone from here on down. ISUb has had a rough go of things. Every time they seem to be climbing back up, the legs get kicked out from under them...star RB injured and gone from team...coach doing well in middle of rebuilding moves to a higher-paying job (I won't say "better" job because the one I'm thinking of...I'm pretty sure ISUb would have stomped them, despite their stated division).

8) South Dakota State and 9) North Dakota State - I actually like the XDSU's...we're Summit League bros, they bring a high quality of quite a few sports that we have had to compete with. I'll always root for them in the playoffs if they aren't playing us, the NCAA tournament if they're in that, and any of their players playing in the NFL (as long as they're not playing against my "Bear....ly an NFL team right now"). I put SDSU higher than NDSU right now because I like the notoriety and good press that NDSU has brought to the division and the conference, and I love being able to tell people that we get to play against them. Also, because SDSU's curbstomping of my Leathernecks is a bit more recent than NDSU's curbstomping of my Leathernecks.

CappinHard
October 24th, 2016, 07:50 PM
I respect him, but I do not like him.

https://hockeyneversleeps.files.wordpress.com/2014/09/hate.jpg

I cannot think of a worse colour combination than Blue, Gold, and White.

Yes, because Green and Gold is so much more attractive. xlolx

PantherRob82
October 24th, 2016, 07:59 PM
I think YSU fans might be at the top of my list. There are always some real cool ones too though. We've been out for 3-4 games and have never been treated poorly.

I have a love-hate relationship with Bison fans. Most of the ones on here are cool.

WIU fans don't exist outside of Lawson, and he's cool.

Indiana State fans are like a sad clown.

Saluki fans are cool in football but used to be complete asshats when they were decent in basketball.

Illinois State fans are annoying on the boards for the most part, but there are some cool dudes we have hung out with in Normal.

Yotetopia
October 24th, 2016, 08:00 PM
So with NDSU playing UNI, and SDSU just having played NDSU and YSU, it got me thinking. I seem to have an irrational dislike of YSU, its completely unfounded. But I really don' like them. So, I wanted to rank my hatred for other MVFC teams. Its nothing personal, doesn't mean I hate you, just your team, and maybe you a little bit because of it :D

1) NDSU- Doesn't need a lot of explanation here. I've always hated the bumbling buffaloes, but after five years of nauseating praise for them, and having to move to Fargo, its a little bit more than a little amplified. Seriously, lose every game. Forever.

2) USeD- Similar, doesn't need a lot of explanation. Many stories of kicking out Yote guys from out house in college during parties who tried to be ass hats, the whole saga from when SDSU went to DI and USeD publicly laughed at us, the general annoying snottyness cause they have the med school located in a trailer park. Vermintown in general is awful. You guys can lose every game too. xlolx

3) YSU- I have no idea why, but I really don't like the wobble birds. Its irrational, maybe its because they are like a NDSU that has fallen from grace and we always hear about how amazing they are going to be every season. I dunno. I just don't like you guys

4) ISUr- Likely due to fanboard interactions. TBH, 3-5 are really close for me and might as well be tied, so I just thought about each teams name and whichever drew the most anger from me won. That and how cocky their fans are and how quick they are to cry lack of respect. Good greif.

6) SIU- Get real tired of hearing how amazing their transfers are going to be, and how screwed the rest of the MVFC is going to be. That is all.

7) WIU- Because of the travel debacle from last year and spoiling us getting our first seed ever in school history. Bastards.

8) ISUb- I don't hate you guys much at all tbh. I actually root for you to do well. Similar to Misery St, I feel bad for you fans of these guys out there. I'll hate you when you get good I promise.

9) Misery St- See Indy St. I listened to this years opening coaches teleconference and legitimately felt bad for the guy. Hope he turns it around. Have a sneaking suspicion that if they do get good they would make an extremely rapid ascent through these standings though....

I'm almost more curious to see who teams like Indy St and WIU hate more than anything else.
Hate power rankings? Sheer class.

PantherRob82
October 24th, 2016, 08:06 PM

I nominate this post for "Worst First Post Ever". xlolx

Thumper 76
October 24th, 2016, 08:06 PM

Hey, do me a favor and grab me some beer while you're out getting some padding for your tender feelings.

Thumper 76
October 24th, 2016, 08:08 PM
I nominate this post for "Worst First Post Ever". xlolx

I expect nothing less from varmint fans. Good grief. Wanna see them really pissed ask them who went the the NCAA tourney for wbb the last two years without being the one seed. #LosersWhenItCounts

penguinpower
October 24th, 2016, 08:10 PM
Here are mine right now:

1. SDSU- all white people. Don't know how to act like they've been there. The stig is a good coach.

2. UNI- mostly white people that need to get laid really bad. Farley is a creature of habit and change doesn't come easily.

3. ISUr-Nice friendly fans. Pretty normal there. Mostly white. Coach wants to get a bigger job.

4. WIU- Riding the success of the previous coach. Don't know too much about them, but always impressed.

5. SIU- is missing Kill. They were great for years. A shell of themselves.

6 ISUb- how the hell do they win with the lack of fam support over there? Damn.

7. South Dakota-Like their fans. Humble people. Have a great coach. Will be very good soon.

8. NDSU- all white people with one black guy in the stands. Most fans act with a lot of class because they know that is part of winning. They act like they've been there because they have. Some of the young fans are punk ass bitches and need to be pit in line by the older ones. Otherwise I have no issues.

Twentysix
October 24th, 2016, 08:11 PM
Uhh...

I guess I'd say UNI, SDSU, UND and EWU are the only teams that even register on any type of rivalry hate scale.

Truth be told I root for UNI and SDSU in basically every game they play that isn't against NDSU.

I'm not super against UND either, though I don't really root for them ever.

EWU can go die in a fire as far as I'm concerned.

Thumper 76
October 24th, 2016, 08:12 PM
Here are mine right now:

1. SDSU- all white people. Don't know how to act like they've been there. The stig is a good coach.

2. UNI- mostly white people that need to get laid really bad. Farley is a creature of habit and change doesn't come easily.

3. ISUr-Nice friendly fans. Pretty normal there. Mostly white. Coach wants to get a bigger job.

4. WIU- Riding the success of the previous coach. Don't know too much about them, but always impressed.

5. SIU- is missing Kill. They were great for years. A shell of themselves.

6 ISUb- how the hell do they win with the lack of fam support over there? Damn.

7. South Dakota-Like their fans. Humble people. Have a great coach. Will be very good soon.

8. NDSU- all white people with one black guy in the stands. Most fans act with a lot of class because they know that is part of winning. They act like they've been there because they have. Some of the young fans are punk ass bitches and need to be pit in line by the older ones. Otherwise I have no issues.

xlolx did you seriously just show the race of the fanbase to be a deciding factor for you? xlolx xlolx xlolx omfg

mango433
October 24th, 2016, 08:13 PM
You hate us, yet you sport our helmet and our horns. xlolx

But seriously, the resentment would be similar if you could win on a consistent basis when it counts. Now that you have NDSU's property, we want it back and will take it by force if necessary.

2) SDSU Coach Stieg is a solid guy but the bunnies can go die in a hole and accept death. I cannot think of a worse colour combination than Blue, Gold, and White.

Good thing SDSU's colors aren't blue, gold and white...

Also, way to live up to the sterotype of Fargo being on Canada with the spelling of color.

PantherRob82
October 24th, 2016, 08:15 PM
xlolx did you seriously just show the race of the fanbase to be a deciding factor for you? xlolx xlolx xlolx omfg

See?!?! xlolx

PantherRob82
October 24th, 2016, 08:16 PM

Also, way to live up to the sterotype of Fargo being on Canada with the spelling of color.

blue, yellow and white?

royal, gold and white?

blue, gold, and beige?

Thumper 76
October 24th, 2016, 08:16 PM
See?!?! xlolx

xlolx did NOT see that coming xlolx xlolx xlolx

penguinpower
October 24th, 2016, 08:19 PM

No I was just stating my observations. I am not racist
just saying there's a lot of white people that's all. Hope you got a laugh out of that.

UNIFanSince1983
October 24th, 2016, 08:21 PM

I mean he's not wrong about the color of some teams fans...

Thumper 76
October 24th, 2016, 08:24 PM
just saying there's a lot of white people that's all. Hope you got a laugh out of that.
Interesting you deemed it necessary to mention it in the description for your "most hated teams" rankings.....

Also, we're a conference in the midwest and none of the schools are in big cities like Chicago or the Twin Cities. You expect the fanbases to be like a HBCU's? xlolx xlolx You're funny man

- - - Updated - - -

blue, yellow and white?

royal, gold and white?

blue, gold, and beige?
Its yellow, we use gold to build our stadium ;)

PantherRob82
October 24th, 2016, 08:25 PM

I don't think I saw anything but white people at the Ice Castle. :p

UNI Pike
October 24th, 2016, 08:26 PM
All three of them?

Excuse me, officially 16,534

Sent from my NSA monitored One+ 3

mango433
October 24th, 2016, 08:27 PM
blue, yellow and white?

royal, gold and white?

blue, gold, and beige?

Yellow, blue and white. Hell, the title of the Alma Mater is "The Yellow and the Blue"

Thumper 76
October 24th, 2016, 08:28 PM
People go there?

PantherRob82
October 24th, 2016, 08:35 PM
People go there?

One of the years we went was packed.

The others..... x406x

penguinpower
October 24th, 2016, 08:54 PM
All three of them?

Excuse me, officially 16,534

Hahaha. So true.....busted me up.��

CappinHard
October 24th, 2016, 08:57 PM

Assuming "there" is a national championship, we haven't been there, so.....

Also, I think "the Stig" is going to become the next big dance move after this video came out of him celebrating a whooping of your cute little penguins.

https://twitter.com/gojacksfb/status/790241275282726912

semobison
October 24th, 2016, 09:08 PM
UNI sucks!....unless they are playing EWU or Montana..... Then they are disappointing. Yup, it would be painful to be a UNI fan!

JayJ79
October 24th, 2016, 09:29 PM

Pelini turns some interesting shades of red xmadxxpissedxxsplatx

neverobeyed
October 24th, 2016, 09:29 PM
6) Northern Iowa - had some really high-stakes games with them in the past, although not so much in recent years. Usually they're better than us, but I like their team colors, I've known a lot of people in their marching band, and my in-laws both went to UNI.

Well of course you do.

At 330+ members and no sign of slowing that down, everyone here - whether you realize it or not - knows someone who has been in the UNI marching band.

UNI's marching band is so big, when it sits around the UNI-Dome, it sits around the UNI-Dome.

Bisonator
October 24th, 2016, 09:35 PM
Not sure if I really hate any of them but I generally have a little less dislike about our Summit school mates though and usually root for them over the others.

TheKingpin28
October 24th, 2016, 10:11 PM
https://hockeyneversleeps.files.wordpress.com/2014/09/hate.jpg

Yes, because Green and Gold is so much more attractive. xlolx

Those are Thumper's favorite 2 colours. He loves his Packers.

ST_Lawson
October 24th, 2016, 10:15 PM
WIU fans don't exist outside of Lawson, and he's cool.

I see you've been to some of our games then ;)

Well of course you do.

At 330+ members and no sign of slowing that down, everyone here - whether you realize it or not - knows someone who has been in the UNI marching band.

UNI's marching band is so big, when it sits around the UNI-Dome, it sits around the UNI-Dome.

Ok, fine...I marched in a drum and bugle corps out of Dubuque, IA, and like half of the people in the corps seemed to be UNI or U of Iowa band people, so I've been really good friends with quite a few people that were in UNI's band and been to UNI band parties.

Also, I love this thread idea, and I completely won't be offended if someone puts us up at the top of their list, although I suspect for most people, they're pretty "meh" about us, so we probably sit somewhere in the lower middle.

TheKingpin28
October 24th, 2016, 10:17 PM

Sorry. (In an American accent, not Suhrry like those silly Canooks) I usually get corrected for that on papers and work files. People are baffled when they see that coming from a Minnesotan. But my entire dad's side of the family is of English and Welsh heritage and it is just a habit after writing and typing like that since Junior High.

I was trying to be polite about believing you had Gold, but you're not a standard so I guess Yellow it is. But still those 3 colours in any combination is atrocious.

clenz
October 24th, 2016, 10:37 PM
I see you've been to some of our games then ;)

Ok, fine...I marched in a drum and bugle corps out of Dubuque, IA, and like half of the people in the corps seemed to be UNI or U of Iowa band people, so I've been really good friends with quite a few people that were in UNI's band and been to UNI band parties.

Also, I love this thread idea, and I completely won't be offended if someone puts us up at the top of their list, although I suspect for most people, they're pretty "meh" about us, so we probably sit somewhere in the lower middle.

Between UNI, Iowa State and Iowa alone there is nearly 1,000 kids marching on any given Saturday during the season in this state

UNI is roughly 350
ISU is roughly 350
Iowa is roughly 300

We are good at producing band nerds. That's for sure.

BisonFan02
October 24th, 2016, 11:02 PM
Between UNI, Iowa State and Iowa alone there is nearly 1,000 kids marching on any given Saturday during the season in this state

UNI is roughly 350
ISU is roughly 350
Iowa is roughly 300

We are good at producing band nerds. That's for sure.

Likewise with the state of South Dakota....with almost the exact same amount of postseason success. xthumbsupx

Thumper 76
October 24th, 2016, 11:46 PM

You and I both know I like SDSU more by a lot

TheKingpin28
October 25th, 2016, 12:10 AM
You and I both know I like SDSU more by a lot

:D I just had to throw that one in there.

CappinHard
October 25th, 2016, 08:03 AM

That's too bad, I thought Thumper and I could be friends someday. Now I am a sworn to hate him every minute of the day except when the jacks are playing.

Sycamore62
October 25th, 2016, 08:42 AM

1. ISUr, NDSU, SDSU, USD, UNI, YSU, MSU, SIU, WIU

I hate all of you with the burning intensity of 10,000 suns. You are all blisters on my [groin area].

REALBird
October 25th, 2016, 08:57 AM
1. SIU - I hate everything about Carbondale. Especially SalukiSlob. He is the equivalent of everyone's favorite Redbird fan on this board 4thandShort.
2. UNI - I hate everything about Iowa. I hate your colors. I hate your fight song. But you do have some knowledgeable fans and Casey's Pizza. Too bad I know a few UNI grads that keeps you from being #1.
3. ISUb - I hate Terre Haute. That aging dumpster fire you play football in, the Hulman Center. Larry Bird. Clabber Girl.
4. WIU - Purely because you guys always give us a hellava game. Nice fans.....but I got one special incident that keeps you guys in the top 4. One classless player almost moved you guys up a notch over the Trees. Except I hate Terre Haute.
5. NDSU - 1:38 seconds. Great fanbase. Met some cool people. Other than that.....you're in the MVFC....I hate you.
6. YSU - Bo Pelini. The Ice Castle. 2006 NCAA Playoffs. Otherwise, the biggest reason, you don't have a Casey's Pizza.
7. SDSU - Jack Attack! I would have rated you 8th, but I watched that video.
8. MSU - really do they even have fans????? Hard to hate people you've never met. Are there any on AGS? Anyone ever MET a real MSU fan?
9. USD - I don't really hate them. I kinda like USD. They're like the kid who gets picked on by his older brothers and you suddenly realize, he's cool the older brothers are just D*CKS! (SDSU and NDSU)
9a. ISUr - I hate my own damned team some days. This year especially. And a few fans that shall remain nameless. That guy.....mostly. No, not that one....the other one.

ST_Lawson
October 25th, 2016, 09:48 AM
4. WIU - Purely because you guys always give us a hellava game. Nice fans.....but I got one special incident that keeps you guys in the top 4. One classless player almost moved you guys up a notch over the Trees. Except I hate Terre Haute.

If you don't mind...what's the "incident" and "classless player"? Just curious...I know we've had some dirty players in the past but didn't know if there was someone more recent.
If you don't want to say it publicly, feel free to PM me.

Also...did you forget South Dakota, or was that on purpose?

i_got_a_fever
October 25th, 2016, 09:52 AM
If you don't mind...what's the "incident" and "classless player"? Just curious...I know we've had some dirty players in the past but didn't know if there was someone more recent.

They are forgettable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

UNIFanSince1983
October 25th, 2016, 09:55 AM

It is true you guys did have a guy who was repeatedly voted the dirtiest player in the NFL. Not saying that is who he was talking about,but just saying.

ST_Lawson
October 25th, 2016, 10:03 AM
It is true you guys did have a guy who was repeatedly voted the dirtiest player in the NFL. Not saying that is who he was talking about,but just saying.

Right, Rodney Harrison. His time at Western ended a couple of years before me, but I've heard stories (none of them good). Apparently he was a giant douchenozzle when he was here and when he went to the NFL, the athletics department was kinda like "get the f*** out and don't come back...don't call...don't write", and it sounds like the feeling was kinda mutual, since he rarely ever mentioned where he went to school. I seem to remember him being one of those guys that when they'd say what school they played at, would say their HS rather than college.

It's nice to have high-profile alumni in the NFL, but when it's someone like that...eh....not so much.

REALBird
October 25th, 2016, 10:09 AM
I forgot they were in the same conference. Must be selective amnesia from the L we took last week. xnodx

Mayville Bison
October 25th, 2016, 10:19 AM
Looks way to fun not to partake...

Least hated to most hated (or more appropriately most "out of sight out of mind" to the most thought about)

9-MSU - With a name like Misery St, you can't pile on the hate. That being said, if they did actually install a non-green field a few years back, they would be much higher on the list (but would also be FBS, so they wouldn't be in the MVFC anymore).
8-ISUb - Not much to hate at the moment. Kind of feel bad for them as they have no financial support for their football (all athletics?) team.
7-USD - Maybe there isn't much hate here because I don't think I've ever talked to a USD fan. When they beat us, I was very impressed the way the team, coach, and fans handled it as if it was no big deal - even though it obviously was.
6-WIU - I don't understand why it's always a close game when we travel there. You come here, no problem.
5-SDSU - Hard to hate a team when you actually feel sorry for them every year they get sent to Fargo in the playoffs. I find myself actually cheering for them if it doesn't have an effect on the Bison. Now give us back the damn Marker!
4-SIU - What the hell is a Saluki? And before you say it's a dog, that thing is what the king of all dogs wishes it could be. I mean seriously, is that what dogs look like on other planets? Oh and !$%^@#$% Dale Lennon (yes, I know he's not there anymore).
3-ISUr - Not sure what it is, but I hate seeing this team win. I can't even put into words why. When they lost to Richmond last year, I was happy they lost without even realizing that meant we got another home game. Oh, and of course it wouldn't be a MVFC thread without saying something about how a drug dealer didn't get suspended/booted from the team.
2-UND - I'm not even going to apologize for this inclusion. The hatred for this school and growing up in a town dominated by their fans meant my junior high thru college years were not as much fun as post college. I just wish they wouldn't lock the Nickel up and display it proudly, so the time honored tradition of stealing the Nickel could have moved into the D1 era. Please don't let them in the Valley. Let them get lost in mediocrity in the Big Sky.
1-UNI - I want to like Clenz (I actually like his stats rants and his twitter posts), but that doesn't overcome the hatred (or is it respect?) for the athletic program. Whether it's an overpaid basketball coach with ties to Mayville, the fact they always mess up my brackets, or the football team being a mirror for NDSU, I'm sick of hearing about them all year long.

clenz
October 25th, 2016, 10:23 AM
Define overpaid basketball coach

UNIFanSince1983
October 25th, 2016, 10:26 AM

I was wondering the same thing. I would feel that with the results he has put on the court he is probably an underpaid coach.

REALBird
October 25th, 2016, 10:30 AM

ST, I'm old and my memory is a bit foggy. I think it was 2007. It was Family Weekend or something, it was SRO so we had to sit on the grass near the SouthEast corner of Hancock Stadium. We were literally roped off from the WIU bench within about 10-15 feet.

The kid #3 - think it was Stoudamire, I remembered him because he wore the same number as Herb Donaldson that year. Anywho.....kid makes a hit on a defenseless ISU receiver across the middle or on special teams or something, and celebrates. Chest bumping, high fives, the whole nine. I get it, you made a good hit. Adrenaline was going. The ISU receiver was down on the field, not moving.....kid apparently lost feeling in his lower body, they had to strap the kid to the board, brace his neck and take him to the hospital.

Typically most teams take a knee or huddle, but this jerk was still woofing it up, slapping fives with teammates and what I figured was the Special Teams coach. Finally I just told him to show some *****ing class. It's OK to celebrate a big hit, but don't celebrate an injured player. He woofed something back that was inaudible, then I yelled some stuff back. Eventually a member of the WIU coaching staff went over and said something and he calmed down and went to the bench.

I don't think I ever rooted for a player to get hurt, but if that guy would have been injured it would have been poetic justice.

REALBird
October 25th, 2016, 10:37 AM
Looks way to fun not to partake...

Least hated to most hated (or more appropriately most "out of sight out of mind" to the most thought about)

9-MSU - With a name like Misery St, you can't pile on the hate. That being said, if they did actually install a non-green field a few years back, they would be much higher on the list (but would also be FBS, so they wouldn't be in the MVFC anymore).
8-ISUb - Not much to hate at the moment. Kind of feel bad for them as they have no financial support for their football (all athletics?) team.
7-USD - Maybe there isn't much hate here because I don't think I've ever talked to a USD fan. When they beat us, I was very impressed the way the team, coach, and fans handled it as if it was no big deal - even though it obviously was.
6-WIU - I don't understand why it's always a close game when we travel there. You come here, no problem.
5-SDSU - Hard to hate a team when you actually feel sorry for them every year they get sent to Fargo in the playoffs. I find myself actually cheering for them if it doesn't have an effect on the Bison. Now give us back the damn Marker!
4-SIU - What the hell is a Saluki? And before you say it's a dog, that thing is what the king of all dogs wishes it could be. I mean seriously, is that what dogs look like on other planets? Oh and !$%^@#$% Dale Lennon (yes, I know he's not there anymore).
3-ISUr - Not sure what it is, but I hate seeing this team win. I can't even put into words why. When they lost to Richmond last year, I was happy they lost without even realizing that meant we got another home game. Oh, and of course it wouldn't be a MVFC thread without saying something about how a drug dealer didn't get suspended/booted from the team.
2-UND - I'm not even going to apologize for this inclusion. The hatred for this school and growing up in a town dominated by their fans meant my junior high thru college years were not as much fun as post college. I just wish they wouldn't lock the Nickel up and display it proudly, so the time honored tradition of stealing the Nickel could have moved into the D1 era. Please don't let them in the Valley. Let them get lost in mediocrity in the Big Sky.
1-UNI - I want to like Clenz (I actually like his stats rants and his twitter posts), but that doesn't overcome the hatred (or is it respect?) for the athletic program. Whether it's an overpaid basketball coach with ties to Mayville, the fact they always mess up my brackets, or the football team being a mirror for NDSU, I'm sick of hearing about them all year long.

Same mistake I made, forgot a team.....YSU.

REALBird
October 25th, 2016, 10:38 AM
I was wondering the same thing. I would feel that with the results he has put on the court he is probably an underpaid coach.

Definitely gets the most out of the talent he has. That alone is worth the money he makes.

ST_Lawson
October 25th, 2016, 10:48 AM
ST, I'm old and my memory is a bit foggy. I think it was 2007. It was Family Weekend or something, it was SRO so we had to sit on the grass near the SouthEast corner of Hancock Stadium. We were literally roped off from the WIU bench within about 10-15 feet.

The kid #3 - think it was Stoudamire, I remembered him because he wore the same number as Herb Donaldson that year. Anywho.....kid makes a hit on a defenseless ISU receiver across the middle or on special teams or something, and celebrates. Chest bumping, high fives, the whole nine. I get it, you made a good hit. Adrenaline was going. The ISU receiver was down on the field, not moving.....kid apparently lost feeling in his lower body, they had to strap the kid to the board, brace his neck and take him to the hospital.

Typically most teams take a knee or huddle, but this jerk was still woofing it up, slapping fives with teammates and what I figured was the Special Teams coach. Finally I just told him to show some *****ing class. It's OK to celebrate a big hit, but don't celebrate an injured player. He woofed something back that was inaudible, then I yelled some stuff back. Eventually a member of the WIU coaching staff went over and said something and he calmed down and went to the bench.

I don't think I ever rooted for a player to get hurt, but if that guy would have been injured it would have been poetic justice.

Yea, in 2007 Patrick Stoudamire (DB) and Herb Donaldson (RB) both wore #3.

I wasn't at that game, so I don't know what happened, but if it's as you described, then I won't defend him. As soon as you realize that the guy is down and injured, you chill, sit or take a knee...give him some claps if he can get up and off the field on his own power, if he doesn't, then you pray or hope he gets better soon or whatever your belief system tells you you should do.

You don't keep hopping around all happy, that's a douche move. I don't blame you in the least for feeling the way you do.

Mayville Bison
October 25th, 2016, 10:52 AM

I think this says it all (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/jealousy)

Mayville Bison
October 25th, 2016, 10:53 AM
Same mistake I made, forgot a team.....YSU.

I even had a plan to throw a bunch of emojis fighting each other with the two words Bo Pelini in the middle and still forgot. Sad day

PantherRob82
October 25th, 2016, 11:11 AM
Can someone create a spreadsheet of fans based on race, political affiliation, sexual orientation, and economic standing so we know who the worst fans are? xlolx

CappinHard
October 25th, 2016, 01:00 PM
Can someone create a spreadsheet of fans based on race, political affiliation, sexual orientation, and economic standing so we know who the worst fans are? xlolx

It would be somewhat biased, but can we include average IQ scores and percentage of rednecks? I feel like it would go a long way in terms of figuring out who has the worst fans, but it might be too biased as NDSU would run away with it then. xthumbsupx

BrerRabbit
October 25th, 2016, 01:10 PM
Here are mine right now:

This cracked me up. Spit ice tea all over my desk. NO ONE from USD is humble. Hahaha

ST_Lawson
October 25th, 2016, 01:42 PM

Ok, but we gotta make sure to put Adolph in there too so we can know if there's anyone who is literally worse than Hitler.

UNI Pike
October 25th, 2016, 02:05 PM
When has the last time a Hitler comparison has turned out well?

PantherRob82
October 25th, 2016, 02:18 PM
All this Hitler talk makes me thing this is a thread about UND.

Thumper 76
October 25th, 2016, 02:51 PM
When has the last time a Hitler comparison has turned out well?
I don't know, Anne Frankly, I don't care.

REALBird
October 25th, 2016, 03:39 PM
xsmhx

Professor Chaos
October 25th, 2016, 03:53 PM
All this Hitler talk makes me thing this is a thread about UND.
Did someone say Hitler and UND???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udygefkLvjU

CappinHard
October 25th, 2016, 04:27 PM
Did someone say Hitler and UND???

Lol, this is awesome. I have never had the privelage of viewing this. Thank you for posting it.

Yotes21
October 25th, 2016, 10:08 PM
This cracked me up. Spit ice tea all over my desk. NO ONE from USD is humble. Hahaha

Flat out lie

- - - Updated - - -

It would be somewhat biased, but can we include average IQ scores and percentage of rednecks? I feel like it would go a long way in terms of figuring out who has the worst fans, but it might be too biased as NDSU would run away with it then. xthumbsupx

Be careful Cappin, not sure how far State would be behind the Bison on that one.

Thumper 76
October 25th, 2016, 10:10 PM
- - - Updated - - -

Be careful Cappin, not sure how far State would be behind the Bisonn on that one.
Says the school located in Vermillion xlolx

BisonFan02
October 25th, 2016, 10:12 PM

Is someone reading the group text? xlolx

PantherRob82
October 25th, 2016, 10:15 PM
Is someone reading the group text? xlolx

clenz is our only black fan.

BisonFan02
October 25th, 2016, 10:21 PM
clenz is our only black fan.

That mother ****ing snitch. xlolx

PantherRob82
October 25th, 2016, 10:24 PM
That mother ****ing snitch. xlolx

Black people don't snitch. It's a cultural thing I am told.....by clenz. xlolx

He also told me Michael Jackson, OJ, and Cosby didn't do it. xthumbsupx

Yotes21
October 25th, 2016, 10:28 PM

Rednecks and lower IQs at USD? Yeah, ok.

Thumper 76
October 25th, 2016, 10:32 PM
xlolx You're town is a trailer park dude. xlolx

Hey congrats on figuring out the rep screen. Did someone get you a manual? In pictures so you could figure it out?

BisonFan02
October 25th, 2016, 10:33 PM

Hey congrats on figuring out the rep screen. Did someone get you a manual? In pictures so you could figure it out?

LOL, did you actually get neg repped?

Thumper 76
October 25th, 2016, 10:35 PM
LOL, did you actually get neg repped?
Theres a first time for everything xlolx

What can you expect from a school thats located in a trailer park and is ranked for the first time in 6 years.....

CappinHard
October 25th, 2016, 10:36 PM

You're right. Most drug users and STDs per capita are probably the most accurate description for Vermtown.

BisonFan02
October 25th, 2016, 10:38 PM

What can you expect from a school thats located in a trailer park and is ranked for the first time in 6 years.....

xlolx neg repping is for bitches....unless it's towards IBY. **** that guy. :D

Thumper 76
October 25th, 2016, 10:38 PM
You're right. Most drug users and STDs per capita are probably the most accurate description for Vermtown.
Likely a higher rate of domestic violence as well.

BisonFan02
October 25th, 2016, 10:41 PM
USD is UND without hockey and a nickname controversy. Vermillion versus Grand Forks is a push. xlolx

PantherRob82
October 25th, 2016, 10:45 PM

Funny thing is, a neg rep from him doesn't even scratch the paint. But if those of us with a lot of green neg repped him.... xlolx

BisonFan02
October 25th, 2016, 10:46 PM
Funny thing is, a neg rep from him doesn't even scratch the paint. But if those of us with a lot of green neg repped him.... xlolx

*swingin' big rep hammer*

Thumper 76
October 25th, 2016, 10:52 PM
xlolx I haven't neg repped anybody ever from what I remember. Someday I'll give it a whirl.

BisonFan02
October 25th, 2016, 10:55 PM
http://www.inforum.com/news/4144564-sd-restaurant-owners-attempt-move-drug-charges

On a more important note.....who has to claim Mitchell? xlolx #hotdogsandmeth

- - - Updated - - -

xlolx I haven't neg repped anybody ever from what I remember. Someday I'll give it a whirl.

IBY made the mistake of accidentally doing it to me. That was a bad move. xlolx

ST_Lawson
October 25th, 2016, 11:39 PM
*swingin' big rep hammer*

https://i.imgur.com/jtTAggM.jpg

Yotes21
October 26th, 2016, 11:47 AM

Sorry I do not spend my entire day on boards. I actually have a job.

Yotes21
October 26th, 2016, 11:49 AM

http://www.argusleader.com/story/news/crime/2016/09/27/sexual-assault-reported-sdsu-residence-hall/91173128/

I'll just leave this here. I don't know if this includes the student who knowingly had AIDS and spread it to other partners.

Yotes21
October 26th, 2016, 11:50 AM

LOL at someone caring what their rep ranking is on a message board.

ysubigred
October 26th, 2016, 12:13 PM

^^ WOW!! win a few games and their fans become very aggressive (assholeish) "IF" SDU ever wins a NC we'll think NDSU fan's are real saints xhighfivex

Bison56
October 26th, 2016, 12:50 PM
We're happy for ya!

REALBird
October 26th, 2016, 01:04 PM
Black people don't snitch. It's a cultural thing I am told.....by clenz. xlolx

He also told me Michael Jackson, OJ, and Cosby didn't do it. xthumbsupx

Hell if we don't! We just don't snitch on certain people. It can be hazardous to your health. But we do cop plea deals. (Damn.......I can feel a Coprich joke coming here in 3......2.......1......)

REALBird
October 26th, 2016, 01:06 PM

Guilty....but screw 'em. Some people you just don't like.

IBleedYellow
October 26th, 2016, 01:18 PM
http://www.inforum.com/news/4144564-sd-restaurant-owners-attempt-move-drug-charges

- - - Updated - - -

IBY made the mistake of accidentally doing it to me. That was a bad move. xlolx

It legit was a mistake and you got realllllly salty about it. Lol

BisonFan02
October 26th, 2016, 01:22 PM
It legit was a mistake and you got realllllly salty about it. Lol

Tough love....haven't done it since have ya? xlolx

PantherRob82
October 26th, 2016, 01:34 PM

That's where you are supposed to post from.....:D

- - - Updated - - -

LOL at you thinking that anyone cares what their rep ranking was. If you didn't care, why neg rep him? xlolx

PantherRob82
October 26th, 2016, 01:39 PM
Hell if we don't! We just don't snitch on certain people. It can be hazardous to your health. But we do cop plea deals. (Damn.......I can feel a Coprich joke coming here in 3......2.......1......)

I swore you were white....:p

- - - Updated - - -

I miss TampaJag. xlolx

CappinHard
October 26th, 2016, 01:56 PM
http://www.argusleader.com/story/news/crime/2016/09/27/sexual-assault-reported-sdsu-residence-hall/91173128/

I'll just leave this here. I don't know if this includes the student who knowingly had AIDS and spread it to other partners.

Interesting... a quick search showed me that Clay County (where Vermillion resides) has a rape rate of 57 per 100k people, where as Brookings County has a rate of 12 per 100k people. Odd. Also, if you were curious, violent crime rates are 279 for Clay and 113 for Brookings and assault rates are 208 to 101.

I'll just leave this link here if you would like to do some research yourself. It has some nice colored pictures, and if you're a USD grad you will definitely appreciate those. http://places.findthehome.com/l/95799/The-United-States#crime&s=3jRj2f&st=IJb6ZQ

UNIFanSince1983
October 26th, 2016, 02:05 PM

I have a job too. It is actually the only place I check the board from. Rarely get on while at home unless it is Saturday.

Thumper 76
October 26th, 2016, 02:10 PM
^^ WOW!! win a few games and their fans become very aggressive (assholeish) "IF" SDU ever wins a NC we'll think NDSU fan's are real saints xhighfivex

Hell I could've told u that

clenz
October 26th, 2016, 02:59 PM
I have a job too. It is actually the only place I check the board from. Rarely get on while at home unless it is Saturday.

This.

I rarely post at night or weekends. If I do it's from my phone and hit or miss.

Thumper 76
October 26th, 2016, 05:36 PM
Interesting... a quick search showed me that Clay County (where Vermillion resides) has a rape rate of 57 per 100k people, where as Brookings County has a rate of 12 per 100k people. Odd. Also, if you were curious, violent crime rates are 279 for Clay and 113 for Brookings and assault rates are 208 to 101.

I'll just leave this link here if you would like to do some research yourself. It has some nice colored pictures, and if you're a USD grad you will definitely appreciate those. http://places.findthehome.com/l/95799/The-United-States#crime&s=3jRj2f&st=IJb6ZQ
Wow, almost 5 times more likely to be raped, 3 times more likely to be a victim of a violent crime, and 2 times as likely to get assaulted. I mean I knew these things, but never saw that stats. Damn. Its like a mini Sioux City without anything cool like the Hard Rock casino or great Mexican food.

UNI Pike
October 26th, 2016, 08:08 PM
It does have 500-year-old violins

Evolution Prime
October 27th, 2016, 05:56 AM

I may have to stop by there while I am in Mitchell this weekend.

Theee Catrabbit
October 27th, 2016, 10:34 AM

More future doctors, lawyers and politicians in Vermillion.............all you need to know....

Yote 53
October 27th, 2016, 10:56 AM
USD is UND without hockey and a nickname controversy. Vermillion versus Grand Forks is a push. xlolx

Whoa, whoa, whoa there. Vermillion is a nice, quaint, little college town, absolutely nothing like Grand Forks. The whole "trailer park" thing is completely overblown as the vast majority of housing in this town in single family housing or apartment style living. You see a trailer park because they are located on the edge of town.

I was in Grand Forks this summer and the place is not nice, very rough looking and run down actually. I was also not impressed with the UND campus. It's not bad, just not impressive. A better comparison for Grand Forks would be Brookings. Of the 4 Dakota schools Fargo and Vermillion are the outliers on opposite ends of the spectrum, NDSU being a metro school and USD being the small college town school. Brookings and The Forks are the ones in the middle that are the most similar and neither is all that nice, not horrible, just not as great as they are portrayed.

My sister in law is a SDSU grad. When she made her first visit to Vermillion, while we were downtown her comment was "Wow, Vermillion is a really nice town and USD has a beautiful campus. This is nothing like how bad I was always told it was." A stereotype perpetuated in Brookings. You find it on the internet being perpetuated all the time.

F'N Hawks
October 27th, 2016, 11:10 AM
Whoa, whoa, whoa there. Vermillion is a nice, quaint, little college town, absolutely nothing like Grand Forks. The whole "trailer park" thing is completely overblown as the vast majority of housing in this town in single family housing or apartment style living. You see a trailer park because they are located on the edge of town.

I was in Grand Forks this summer and the place is not nice, very rough looking and run down actually. I was also not impressed with the UND campus. It's not bad, just not impressive. A better comparison for Grand Forks would be Brookings. Of the 4 Dakota schools Fargo and Vermillion are the outliers on opposite ends of the spectrum, NDSU being a metro school and USD being the small college town school. Brookings and The Forks are the ones in the middle that are the most similar and neither is all that nice, not horrible, just not as great as they are portrayed.

My sister in law is a SDSU grad. When she made her first visit to Vermillion, while we were downtown her comment was "Wow, Vermillion is a really nice town and USD has a beautiful campus. This is nothing like how bad I was always told it was." A stereotype perpetuated in Brookings. You find it on the internet being perpetuated all the time.

Do visiting teams still need to stay in Yankton?

Yote 53
October 27th, 2016, 11:47 AM

Huh? No. Not unless they choose to. There are several hotels in Vermillion.

Yotes21
October 27th, 2016, 11:51 AM
That's where you are supposed to post from.....:D

- - - Updated - - -

LOL at you thinking that anyone cares what their rep ranking was. If you didn't care, why neg rep him? xlolx

I don't care what my rep is, apparently everyone else cares about theirs.

Yotes21
October 27th, 2016, 11:54 AM

I don't see how my comment had any correlation to how good or bad a football team is doing.

- - - Updated - - -

Making fun of a USD education and being a SDSU grad. Now I have heard it all.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm over this crap, back to discussing football...

CappinHard
October 27th, 2016, 11:59 AM
The whole "trailer park" thing is completely overblown as the vast majority of housing in this town in single family housing or apartment style living. You see a trailer park because they are located on the edge of town.

Trailer park... low income... whatever you want to call it. Per capita income in Vermillion, Brookings, and Grand Forks is $16,752, $21,313, and $26,430 respectively. Yikers. Call it a stereotype if you want... there's no way getting around the fact that Vermtown is a dump.

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/b1/b11a3f756e23544608fdb59a7527018fa07ebad77ea62b81d5 035936f66b7584.jpg

clenz
October 27th, 2016, 12:03 PM
I know of at least 2 for sure, rumors of 3, that have stayed in Sioux City.

Professor Chaos
October 27th, 2016, 12:09 PM
I know of at least 2 for sure, rumors of 3, that have stayed in Sioux City.
If Sioux City is a better option for anything, absolutely anything, than your town.... let's just say your town has problems.

jacksfan29
October 27th, 2016, 12:15 PM

That's actually something I've never heard. Take my wife. Grew up in Northern Wisconsin, trees, lakes, in an area that has a lot of 2nd homeowners from MSP. She has been to Brookings and Vermillion for graduations. She thought Brookings was a nice, quaint college town. She thought Vermillion was a dump outside. Even my family members who graduated from Vermillion make fun of the town. My sister still recalls the 70s and early 80s when downtown Vermillion merchants would follow you around to be sure you weren't stealing. She said the town/campus relationship was terrible.

To each their own, but the idea of Vermillion being a nice town is definitely a new one.

Sycamore62
October 27th, 2016, 12:16 PM
I think just having hotels isnt enough. They need a way to feed the team and their staff and have meeting rooms ect.

mango433
October 27th, 2016, 12:20 PM
Huh? No. Not unless they choose to. There are several hotels in Vermillion.

You may have hotels but they aren't big enough for football teams. Not only do teams need rooms, they also need several large meeting rooms for team and positional meetings. Brookings had, might still have actually, this issue as well. Brookings is fixing it though.

Construction of a 100-unit Comfort Suites hotel nears completion in Wilbert Square, which is near the SDSU Research Park. The hotel and other businesses are being developed by Den-Wil Construction and Development. Dennis Bielfeldt leads the development group.
A new convention center and restaurant will be built and connected to the Comfort Suites to help Brookings woo more conferences and performers, including visiting sports teams that play SDSU teams, Bielfeldt said.

clenz
October 27th, 2016, 12:28 PM
If Sioux City is a better option for anything, absolutely anything, than your town.... let's just say your town has problems.
UNI stayed in Sioux City as they just bussed across Iowa on 20.
I won't say the names of the schools but as I said, I know of at least 1 other for sure and rumors of 1 or 2 more that fly into Sioux City and stay there.

Yotes21
October 27th, 2016, 01:49 PM
Verm leaves plenty to be desired. The town can definitely use one or 2 new hotels. I have thought this for awhile and believe a downtown hotel would be ideal if the real esate was available. I know of a few trailer parks still, but the main park which most people made fun of south of the dome are now completely gone and could argue the trailer parks are on par with other towns of the same size. The town has a lot of older college houses in the middle of town where visitors would be by. Most of the newer and nicer homes are south or east. The college houses are run down because the landlords don't care other than getting a paycheck and the town doesn't enforce the rules well enough. I agree with the disconnect between the school and the town. My argument was on the school which has been upgraded nicely. I can't compare the other MVFC school towns because I have never been to them. I chose the U because of the academic merit of the major that I chose. Hopefully the town can improve as the school has. There is a reason most grads don't stick around.

ST_Lawson
October 27th, 2016, 01:52 PM
You may have hotels but they aren't big enough for football teams. Not only do teams need rooms, they also need several large meeting rooms for team and positional meetings. Brookings had, might still have actually, this issue as well. Brookings is fixing it though.

We also have this issue. Visiting teams generally stay in Peoria, about 90 minutes away...as you might remember from last November when SDSU tried to get here.

F'N Hawks
October 27th, 2016, 02:01 PM
Banquet/Food capabilities is a big one. More than not the teams find a hotel that has everything in one location so no catering has to be done. To go along with the meeting rooms, etc.

UND used to stay in Yankton.

CappinHard
October 27th, 2016, 02:03 PM
We also have this issue. Visiting teams generally stay in Peoria, about 90 minutes away...as you might remember from last November when SDSU tried to get here.

http://images.memes.com/meme/316938

Yote84
October 27th, 2016, 02:07 PM

Typical SDSU fan. (STUPID) Ya Brookings is a booming metropolis. That's why your stadium is surrounded by machine sheds and equestrian shelters.

I think the Raiders have their move narrowed down to Vegas and Brookings.

CappinHard
October 27th, 2016, 02:11 PM
Typical SDSU fan. (STUPID) Ya Brookings is a booming metropolis. That's why your stadium is surrounded by machine sheds and equestrian shelters.

It's a pretty nice machine shed though... Have you been inside?

http://gojacks.com/images/2016/6/16/IMG_7007.JPG?width=500&height=300&mode=crop

http://gojacks.com/images/2015/1/20//DDLRGNZYQLBZFSS.20150120154323.JPG?width=500&height=300&mode=crop

BisonFan02
October 27th, 2016, 02:12 PM

Welcome to AGS! xlolx

mango433
October 27th, 2016, 02:24 PM

GREAT first post!

Didn't realize USD was going to have some Novemberists. At least they will be gone before the season is over.

clenz
October 27th, 2016, 02:39 PM
UNI commando raids it.

mango433
October 27th, 2016, 02:41 PM

No idea what you are talking about...

ST_Lawson
October 27th, 2016, 02:44 PM
No idea what you are talking about...

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/b2/b277d5e4b3997f1861cc64b53f1906564c8303d9d8e37d821d b02098b3551f8f.jpg

Yote84
October 27th, 2016, 02:46 PM
Welcome to AGS! xlolx

Thank you.

http://www.collegeranker.com/features/best-college-towns/

This very reputable site has USD ranked at #45 for best college towns to live in forever. Fargo is at #18. But no BROOKINGS.

I'm not saying people are flocking to Vermillion for jobs and living. But when SDSU fans try to bash Vermillion as a craphole its just funny. Its like having a fight about who's dad can beat who's dad up. (MANDELBAUMS)

They are both small towns in the middle of nowhere SD. State fans who say differently are dorks who played in "the pride" marching band and have never been outside their parents basement in Brookings and think the entire world is as small as SD. Just because Brookings has 2 Hardware Hanks doesn't mean its better.

mango433
October 27th, 2016, 02:47 PM
http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/b2/b277d5e4b3997f1861cc64b53f1906564c8303d9d8e37d821d b02098b3551f8f.jpg

I've blocked it from my memory

ST_Lawson
October 27th, 2016, 02:50 PM
I've blocked it from my memory

Understandable.

CappinHard
October 27th, 2016, 02:55 PM
Thank you.

http://www.collegeranker.com/features/best-college-towns/

This very reputable site has USD ranked at #45 for best college towns to live in forever. Fargo is at #18. But no BROOKINGS.

I'm not saying people are flocking to Vermillion for jobs and living. But when SDSU fans try to bash Vermillion as a craphole its just funny. Its like having a fight about who's dad can beat who's dad up. (MANDELBAUMS)

They are both small towns in the middle of nowhere SD. State fans who say differently are dorks who played in "the pride" marching band and have never been outside their parents basement in Brookings and think the entire world is as small as SD. Just because Brookings has 2 Hardware Hanks doesn't mean its better.

Oh yes... that site looks very reputable.

Look, here's one that lists Brookings but not Vermillion. http://www.bestcolleges.com/features/best-small-town-colleges/

Look, here's one that lists Brookings 2 and Vermillion 5 in SD. https://colleges.niche.com/rankings/best-college-locations/s/south-dakota/

Look, this one lists Brookings 3 and Vermillion 10 for best places to live in SD. https://www.homesnacks.net/these-are-the-10-best-places-to-live-in-south-dakota-125146/

This is fun. I stopped at page 2 on Google... You're welcome to keep looking and cherry picking the ones where Vermillion is listed higher than Brookings, have fun.

clenz
October 27th, 2016, 02:58 PM

Look, here's one that lists Brookings but not Vermillion. http://www.bestcolleges.com/features/best-small-town-colleges/

Look, here's one that lists Brookings 2 and Vermillion 5 in SD. https://colleges.niche.com/rankings/best-college-locations/s/south-dakota/

Look, this one lists Brookings 3 and Vermillion 10 for best places to live in SD. https://www.homesnacks.net/these-are-the-10-best-places-to-live-in-south-dakota-125146/

This is fun.
That last one isn't a good look for South Dakota...just saying.

Professor Chaos
October 27th, 2016, 02:59 PM
Brookings is closer to the Right Dakota. They win!

BisonFan02
October 27th, 2016, 03:27 PM
Brookings is closer to the Right Dakota. They win!

**** yeah! xlolx

Yote84
October 27th, 2016, 03:45 PM

This is fun. I stopped at page 2 on Google... You're welcome to keep looking and cherry picking the ones where Vermillion is listed higher than Brookings, have fun.

Your agricultural education is showing through. Those last 2 sites were ranking SD only. Everyone made the list. The first one was at least a national ranking too but it had schools like "slippery nipple" and tons of others I'm not even sure exist.

anyways, my point was that a recruit from out of state looks at both towns the same way. Small Midwestern towns in the middle of nowhere South Dakota. If you think any differently then you truly are stuck on a farm in Brookings scared to death of planes and have never been out of the state Coppinhard. I know Brookings fire hall has one more garage door than Vermillion's and 2 extra stop lights.

The only piece of the puzzle I still need to put together is if you were in "the pride" marching band? Or were you in the FarmHouse fraternity instead?

Thumper 76
October 27th, 2016, 04:05 PM
Your agricultural education is showing through. Those last 2 sites were ranking SD only. Everyone made the list. The first one was at least a national ranking too but it had schools like "slippery nipple" and tons of others I'm not even sure exist.

anyways, my point was that a recruit from out of state looks at both towns the same way. Small Midwestern towns in the middle of nowhere South Dakota. If you think any differently then you truly are stuck on a farm in Brookings scared to death of planes and have never been out of the state Coppinhard. I know Brookings fire hall has one more garage door than Vermillion's and 2 extra stop lights.

The only piece of the puzzle I still need to put together is if you were in "the pride" marching band? Or were you in the FarmHouse fraternity instead?
Uh oh, someone is disgruntled. xlolx

Seriously Brookings is just a nicer town. It is. Its growing a lot, has more to offer, and is right on the interstate. Just reality. And I didn't grow up in the four state region.

BisonTru
October 27th, 2016, 04:17 PM
Vermillion - 2 Caseys
Brookings - 3 Caseys

Sorry Yotes, Brookings wins. Debate over.

goyotes
October 27th, 2016, 04:22 PM
Vermillion - 2 Caseys
Brookings - 3 Caseys

True, but the Vermillion Casey's put more bacon on their breakfast pizza.

UNIFanSince1983
October 27th, 2016, 04:24 PM
Here in Lincoln we have two Casey's just across the street from each other.

IBleedYellow
October 27th, 2016, 04:28 PM
Vermillion - 2 Caseys
Brookings - 3 Caseys

The motion carries.

Vermilion loses.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

BisonTru
October 27th, 2016, 04:29 PM
Here in Lincoln we have two Casey's just across the street from each other.

We've got the same thing here in Dilworth. Casey's had one of their first locations in Dilworth in the FM area and then bought out all the StopNGo's. One of which is right across street, well down a little. I thought they might close one, but so far they are both still open.

IBleedYellow
October 27th, 2016, 04:31 PM
I can't help but think how much the other conferences hate us for our footballpizza talk.

CappinHard
October 27th, 2016, 04:35 PM

Lol, so everyone that goes to SDSU has an agricultural education and is in The Pride or the FarmHouse frat? I have an Electrical Engineering degree, and I actually crossed enemy lines and got my MBA, but I did it online so I didn't have to step foot in that disgusting town. I know those lists suck, I was making a point on the fact that you can't just use a random list as backing for Vermillion being better than Brookings. Now the Casey's argument that was brought up holds some weight, and unless you are going to build another Casey's anytime soon, you're going to have to settle for being the lesser college town.

PantherRob82
October 27th, 2016, 05:04 PM
GREAT first post!

Didn't realize USD was going to have some Novemberists. At least they will be gone before the season is over.

SHSU 6
USD 1
CSU 1

Thumper 76
October 27th, 2016, 05:12 PM
We've got the same thing here in Dilworth. Casey's had one of their first locations in Dilworth in the FM area and then bought out all the StopNGo's. One of which is right across street, well down a little. I thought they might close one, but so far they are both still open.
In Spencer IA if you walk a straight line across the street you walk directly through the front door of the other Caseys. If it wasn't in IA, I would assume thats what heaven is.

- - - Updated - - -

SHSU 6
USD 1
CSU 1
Pretty sure we have one from SDSU. To be fair.

PantherRob82
October 27th, 2016, 05:14 PM
In Spencer IA if you walk a straight line across the street you walk directly through the front door of the other Caseys. If it wasn't in IA, I would assume thats what heaven is.

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty sure we have one from SDSU. To be fair.

Who? I missed it. They must not have pissed all over themselves which is a key part of this. If you sign up and are a chill bro, you don't get included. xlolx

jackfan75
October 27th, 2016, 05:15 PM
Lol, so everyone that goes to SDSU has an agricultural education and is in The Pride or the FarmHouse frat? I have an Electrical Engineering degree, and I actually crossed enemy lines and got my MBA, but I did it online so I didn't have to step foot in that disgusting town. I know those lists suck, I was making a point on the fact that you can't just use a random list as backing for Vermillion being better than Brookings. Now the Casey's argument that was brought up holds some weight, and unless you are going to build another Casey's anytime soon, you're going to have to settle for being the lesser college town.

Hey, its a great day for first posts. I read all the time but couldnt resist commenting. The agricultural comment from USD fans is always funny to me. I grew up in the Vermillion area and know many farmers in the area that are USD fans. So their bashing of farmers is bashing their own. As for Vermillion vs Brookings, it isnt even close. If it wasnt for Tobys Bar in Meckling or Whimps bar in Burbank, there would be no reason to go there. Yankton is better than Vermillion, Sewer City is better than Vermillion. There is 0 to do in Vermillion unless you are going to school there.

The Jacks need to play their best Saturday to beat Ill St. They are on a roll and i have confidence they will do it.

Thumper 76
October 27th, 2016, 05:16 PM
Who? I missed it. They must not have pissed all over themselves which is a key part of this. If you sign up and are a chill bro, you don't get included. xlolx
His name is Brer Rabbit I think.....he lobbed a couple about SHSU and others in one of the poll threads, it was just before the SHSU flock arrived.

PantherRob82
October 27th, 2016, 06:07 PM
Hey, its a great day for first posts. I read all the time but couldnt resist commenting. The agricultural comment from USD fans is always funny to me. I grew up in the Vermillion area and know many farmers in the area that are USD fans. So their bashing of farmers is bashing their own. As for Vermillion vs Brookings, it isnt even close. If it wasnt for Tobys Bar in Meckling or Whimps bar in Burbank, there would be no reason to go there. Yankton is better than Vermillion, Sewer City is better than Vermillion. There is 0 to do in Vermillion unless you are going to school there.

The Jacks need to play their best Saturday to beat Ill St. They are on a roll and i have confidence they will do it.

See newbies, this is how you do it. :)

TheKingpin28
October 27th, 2016, 06:58 PM
See newbies, this is how you do it. :)

There were 0 references to dank memes, Casey's Breakfast Pizza with the perfect amount of Bacon, and how old the school is and if it was directional or normal. Needs more cowbell, but not bad by any means.

ST_Lawson
October 27th, 2016, 07:15 PM

Um...at this point I think SDSU could send out their backups and destroy ISUr. Sorry Redbird fans, but I don't think this one will be close.

Thumper 76
October 27th, 2016, 07:17 PM
Um...at this point I think SDSU could send out their backups and destroy ISUr. Sorry Redbird fans, but I don't think this one will be close.
I am not that confident. We are experts at dropping the ball as soon as expectations soar and we should win.

ST_Lawson
October 27th, 2016, 07:20 PM
I am not that confident. We are experts at dropping the ball as soon as expectations soar and we should win.

Idk, if that was true you would have lost to YSU right after beating the Bison.

You can be all cautiously optimistic, but with the way the Jackrabbits are playing right now and the injuries that ISU has, you guys should win by a couple of scores.

jackfan75
October 27th, 2016, 07:21 PM
There were 0 references to dank memes, Casey's Breakfast Pizza with the perfect amount of Bacon, and how old the school is and if it was directional or normal. Needs more cowbell, but not bad by any means.

Oh sorry. Caseys really does have some great pizza. Never had a breakfast pizza there however.

Thumper 76
October 27th, 2016, 07:24 PM
Idk, if that was true you would have lost to YSU right after beating the Bison.

You can be all cautiously optimistic, but with the way the Jackrabbits are playing right now and the injuries that ISU has, you guys should win by a couple of scores.
And in theory we "should" have beat you guys last year.......and "should" have beat Cal Poly.......or so I thought...........I am going to count my chickens when they hatch this year.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh sorry. Caseys really does have some great pizza. Never had a breakfast pizza there however.
https://imgflip.com/s/meme/Mother-Of-God.jpg

Professor Chaos
October 27th, 2016, 07:25 PM
Your guys will wait until the game @UNI at the end of the year to crap the bed and ruin your seed. xthumbsupx

Thumper 76
October 27th, 2016, 07:27 PM
Your guys will wait until the game @UNI at the end of the year to crap the bed and ruin your seed. xthumbsupx
I hate how true that likely is.

BisonFan02
October 27th, 2016, 07:29 PM
And in theory we "should" have beat you guys last year.......and "should" have beat Cal Poly.......or so I thought...........I am going to count my chickens when they hatch this year.

- - - Updated - - -

https://imgflip.com/s/meme/Mother-Of-God.jpg

I don't like breakfast pizza.

TheKingpin28
October 27th, 2016, 07:30 PM

You have not lived until you have had Casey's Breakfast Pizza. It is pure bliss.

Thumper 76
October 27th, 2016, 07:35 PM
Why the hell did we allow this heathen into the group text?

The Yo Show
October 27th, 2016, 09:36 PM
The group needs to be cleansed!!! xsmiley_wix

mango433
October 27th, 2016, 10:46 PM

I didn't know this was possible.

Thumper 76
October 27th, 2016, 10:52 PM
I didn't know this was possible.

He's not a good person. Just to the core. :D

ST_Lawson
October 27th, 2016, 11:56 PM

Fair enough, but it is supposed to be 76 and partly cloudy in Normal on Saturday, so you won't have a blizzard or a long drive from the hotel to the "middle-of-nowhere" to play the game (with ISU, you can just fly directly into the "middle-of-nowhere"). I'm just going with what seems to me to be the most likely scenario, which is ISU not really being able to stop the SDSU offense.

BisonFan02
October 28th, 2016, 08:55 AM
He's not a good person. Just to the core. :D

Fair enough. xlolx

UNIFanSince1983
October 28th, 2016, 09:00 AM
I hate how true that likely is.

Especially if we make it through the 3 games before that unscathed and are playing for our playoff lives.

Yote 53
October 28th, 2016, 09:14 AM
Vermillion - 2 Caseys
Brookings - 3 Caseys

Not so fast. It depends on the type of Casey's we are talking about here. Is it one of the new ones with the large floor plans and has separate men's/women's restrooms? Or are they the old small footprint type with the one stall bathroom behind the cash register counter? These details matter.

Vermillion has 2 of the new style, one just a few years old and the other brand spanking new.

mango433
October 28th, 2016, 09:24 AM
Not so fast. It depends on the type of Casey's we are talking about here. Is it one of the new ones with the large floor plans and has separate men's/women's restrooms? Or are they the old small footprint type with the one stall bathroom behind the cash register counter? These details matter.

Vermillion has 2 of the new style, one just a few years old and the other brand spanking new.

Yeah, I've never seen the one with the one stall bathroom. All of the ones in Brookings have the large floor plans.

UNIFanSince1983
October 28th, 2016, 09:25 AM
Man the good ole days of Casey's with only one bathroom behind the counter. I think they have gotten rid of most of those by now, but I remember those.

CappinHard
October 28th, 2016, 09:25 AM

Imo it has to serve pizza/donuts to qualify. Either way, you still have 2 and Brookings still has 3.

CappinHard
October 28th, 2016, 09:28 AM
Alright Fargo-ites... Fargo-ans... Fargans... whatever. Sioux Falls is getting a Sickies Garage Burgers & Brews, and apparently they have awards for the best burgers in North Dakota. What can I expect? As many other Americans do, I enjoy myself a good burger. Honestly, ever since I have had Five Guys, they have been the standard for me. I know it's technically a fast food restaurant, but in my eyes their burgers rival and outperform sit down restaurant offerings.

PantherRob82
October 28th, 2016, 09:38 AM

This might be the best place you have ever made on this message board. Not all Casey's General Stores are the same. Do they all have the cheesy potato tater tots things? That also needs to be a factor. xlolx

ST_Lawson
October 28th, 2016, 09:40 AM

There's three styles that I'm aware of:
1. the really old style, smaller, bathroom behind the cash register (most of these are gone now)
2. newer style, slightly expanded (I think they upgraded most of the older ones this way) by adding on to the "left" side. Cash register still usually just to the right of the front door, but 2 bathrooms at the far left.
3. newest style, much larger, central cash register area straight in from front door with bathrooms usually to the right, I believe, and the donuts, sandwiches and pizza all the way to the right.

Macomb has 1 each of #2 and #3.

BigGoosie13
October 28th, 2016, 09:48 AM
Imo it has to serve pizza/donuts to qualify. Either way, you still have 2 and Brookings still has 3.

The 8th St Casey's will always have my heart, for whatever reason, they never ever carded me so that became my beer spot as an underclassmen when I didn't want to deal with a buyer. I got my gas their last weekend before leaving town even though it was out of my way as a thank you.

Yote84
October 28th, 2016, 10:04 AM

OK. I concede based on the Casey's logic.

Now,
Would you please answer me if you were in "the pride" or "FarmHouse"?

Or do you have any involvement in auctioning the pig off during basketball games?

Professor Chaos
October 28th, 2016, 10:06 AM
Or do you have any involvement in auctioning the pig off during basketball games?
Be nice to SDSU's cheerleaders!

BisonTru
October 28th, 2016, 10:10 AM
Alright Fargo-ites... Fargo-ans... Fargans... whatever. Sioux Falls is getting a Sickies Garage Burgers & Brews, and apparently they have awards for the best burgers in North Dakota. What can I expect? As many other Americans do, I enjoy myself a good burger. Honestly, ever since I have had Five Guys, they have been the standard for me. I know it's technically a fast food restaurant, but in my eyes their burgers rival and outperform sit down restaurant offerings.

They're ok burgers. I can't brag them up, but I wouldn't discourage anyone from trying them. Lots of options. Honestly I think five guys has better burgers, but Sickies has beer.

IBleedYellow
October 28th, 2016, 10:18 AM
Sickies has beer....that's about all I can say is great about the place.

POD Knows
October 28th, 2016, 10:37 AM

Their burgers are average but it is the kind of place that has a lot of different types of burgers. They don't have the best burgers in Fargo, but in all honesty, the competition is pretty low. The Doolittles lamb burger is the best burger I have had in Fargo but the bar is pretty low.

CappinHard
October 28th, 2016, 10:38 AM

Now,

I wasn't a member of either, and I don't have any involvement in the pig auction or the beef auction during the beef bowl. It's ok, I know that you're jealous that we actually have donors and alumni with money that can contribute to SDSU athletics instead of having to hike up student fees to asinine levels to be able to cover USD's athletic department expenses.

mango433
October 28th, 2016, 10:40 AM

Now,

That's really all you have isn't it? Farm or band jokes?

Yote84
October 28th, 2016, 10:49 AM
I wasn't a member of either, and I don't have any involvement in the pig auction or the beef auction during the beef bowl. It's ok, I know that you're jealous that we actually have donors and alumni with money that can contribute to SDSU athletics instead of having to hike up student fees to asinine levels to be able to cover USD's athletic department expenses.

Haha. I like our donors;
SDSU endowment-104.9 million
USD endowment-213.6 million

Without Dykhouse you would still be parking your combines outside for winter instead of that nice machine shed he built you. Plus we actually give FCOA to all of our football players not a select few who win a game of BINGO first week of school.

Team gets a new stadium that doesn't have grass/mud as a playing surface and all of sudden they are Rodney Dangerfield in Caddyshack.

mango433
October 28th, 2016, 10:52 AM
Haha. I like our donors;

Without Dykhouse you would still be parking your combines outside for winter instead of that nice machine shed he built you. Plus we actually give FCOA to all of our football players not a select few who win a game of BINGO first week of school.

Team gets a new stadium that doesn't have grass/mud as a playing surface and all of sudden they are Rodney Dangerfield in Caddyshack.

FCOA that other students are paying for...

Yote84
October 28th, 2016, 10:56 AM
That's really all you have isn't it? Farm or band jokes?

I'm new.

Let me learn the subtleties of the board and they hopefully will get better.

CappinHard
October 28th, 2016, 10:59 AM
Haha. I like our donors;

Hmmm, if your endowment is so large, where is all of that money going? http://rapidcityjournal.com/news/local/state-university-students-would-pay-hundreds-more-under-next-round/article_327e8259-abe6-57a8-a3d9-ceb5ab9f4e14.html

2017 Student Fees for SD schools:

USD $55.63
Mines $48.80
SDSU $43.87
BHSU $43.80
DSU $38.75
NSU $36.10

CappinHard
October 28th, 2016, 11:02 AM
I'm new.

Well you're at least going to have to change it up a bit. Just follow in the footsteps of greater posters that came before you, but it's going to take a while to catch up and you probably won't ever get to their level. Very similar to USD and SDSU's relationship.

mango433
October 28th, 2016, 11:03 AM
Well you're at least going to have to change it up a bit. Just follow in the footsteps of greater posters that came before you, but it's going to take a while to catch up and you probably won't ever get to their level. Very similar to USD and SDSU's relationship.

Someone had to pave the way for him

Yote84
October 28th, 2016, 11:05 AM
Hmmm, if your endowment is so large, where is all of that money going? http://rapidcityjournal.com/news/local/state-university-students-would-pay-hundreds-more-under-next-round/article_327e8259-abe6-57a8-a3d9-ceb5ab9f4e14.html

2017 Student Fees for SD schools:

USD $55.63
Mines $48.80
SDSU $43.87
BHSU $43.80
DSU $38.75
NSU $36.10

We're saving every penny in an account so fans can win arguments about money on BLOGS.

It costs money to get a quality education that is not "AGRIbusiness" "cheese making" "How to milk your mom" or "belt buckle engineering".

goyotes
October 28th, 2016, 11:06 AM
I'm new.

Always helps to include a picture

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23760&stc=1

CappinHard
October 28th, 2016, 11:11 AM
We're saving every penny in an account so fans can win arguments about money on BLOGS.

It costs money to get a quality education that is not "AGRIbusiness" "cheese making" "How to milk your mom" or "belt buckle engineering".

Another note, it's even better when your smack is fact based and indisputable instead of spouting the same bull ***** every time.

IBleedYellow
October 28th, 2016, 11:20 AM
Is....Is this what it's like when NDSU and UND fans start gribbling?

I feel like this is what it's like when NDSU and UND fans start gribbling.

Yuck.