PDA

View Full Version : Sports Network Preseason All-American Teams

Josh
July 6th, 2005, 01:34 PM
15 ATLANTIC 10 PLAYERS ON 2005 PRESEASON ALL-AMERICA TEAM

Meyer, Austin, Dawson Highlight First-Team Picks

Philadelphia, PA (Sports Network) – The Atlantic 10 Conference leads all leagues with 15 players on The Sports Network’s 2005 Division I-AA Preseason All-America Team, including five selected to the first-team. Hofstra led all Atlantic 10 teams with three players on the team, while defending national champion James Madison, New Hampshire, Villanova and Massachusetts each placed two players on the squad. Wide receiver David Ball (New Hampshire) was named to the first-team offense while defensive tackles Darrell Adams (Villanova) and Tom Parks (Delaware), linebacker Gian Villante (Hofstra) and safety Shannon James (Massachusetts) earned spots on the first-team defense.

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/default.asp?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/news/AGN3968990.htm

TexasTerror
July 6th, 2005, 01:45 PM
What the heck was that? I've lost more and more respect for TSN with that team then anything they've done in the past...

lklgb
July 6th, 2005, 01:47 PM
Either first or second team or HM.

Josh
July 6th, 2005, 01:53 PM
Either first or second team or HM.

THE SPORTS NETWORK 2005 PRESEASON ALL-AMERICA OFFENSE
Honorable Mention
TE: Corey Roberts, Sam Houston State (Sr., 6-5, 235); K: Lance Garner, Sam Houston State (Sr., 6-0, 185)

THE SPORTS NETWORK 2005 PRESEASON ALL-AMERICA DEFENSE
Second-Team School Pos. Cl. Ht. Wt.
Markus Mikulec Sam Houston State LB Sr. 6-2 245

cosmo here
July 6th, 2005, 02:10 PM
15 ATLANTIC 10 PLAYERS ON 2005 PRESEASON ALL-AMERICA TEAM

Meyer, Austin, Dawson Highlight First-Team Picks

Philadelphia, PA (Sports Network) – The Atlantic 10 Conference leads all leagues with 15 players on The Sports Network’s 2005 Division I-AA Preseason All-America Team, including five selected to the first-team. Hofstra led all Atlantic 10 teams with three players on the team, while defending national champion James Madison, New Hampshire, Villanova and Massachusetts each placed two players on the squad. Wide receiver David Ball (New Hampshire) was named to the first-team offense while defensive tackles Darrell Adams (Villanova) and Tom Parks (Delaware), linebacker Gian Villante (Hofstra) and safety Shannon James (Massachusetts) earned spots on the first-team defense.

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/default.asp?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/news/AGN3968990.htm

That's fantastic, but where's the complete list of all 78 players who are mentioned ? Clicking on the preseason All-American link brings up last year's listing.

Retro
July 6th, 2005, 02:15 PM
Click on ALL American teams on the left menu bar and then scroll down for pre-season teams for 2005

2005 pre-season (http://www.sportsnetwork.com/default.asp?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/stat/IAA-pre-05-team.htm)

cosmo here
July 6th, 2005, 02:21 PM
Click on ALL American teams on the left menu bar and then scroll down for pre-season teams for 2005

2005 pre-season (http://www.sportsnetwork.com/default.asp?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/stat/IAA-pre-05-team.htm)

thanks - i would think that providing a link on the page of the actual release would also point people in the right direction.

AgentOrange
July 6th, 2005, 02:24 PM
Figures that only our kicker gets recognized. Although Lance deserves the honors, Corey Roberts aught to be held up to a higher level. I;m not sure if TSN used last season's stats to create this list, I haven't heard of any writers coming through HuntsVegas.

Meanwhile, Noah Allen is a powder keg waiting to explode. Don't be surprised if he chalks up as many rushing yards as Godfrey. The kid can motor!

Josh
July 6th, 2005, 02:25 PM
I thought they were about to link it. Guess they aren't so you have to click on the link on the left.

Sorry about that!

exbearkat
July 6th, 2005, 02:30 PM
Figures that only our kicker gets recognized. Although Lance deserves the honors, Corey Roberts aught to be held up to a higher level. I;m not sure if TSN used last season's stats to create this list, I haven't heard of any writers coming through HuntsVegas.

Meanwhile, Noah Allen is a powder keg waiting to explode. Don't be surprised if he chalks up as many rushing yards as Godfrey. The kid can motor!
Huh? Both Marcus Mikulec and Corey Roberts represent SH in addition to Garner - MM on the 2nd team, and CR on the Honorable Mention team.

eaglesrthe1
July 6th, 2005, 02:35 PM
What the heck was that? I've lost more and more respect for TSN with that team then anything they've done in the past...

Would be more interesting to hear why you thinks it's bad, than that you do think it's bad.

AgentOrange
July 6th, 2005, 02:36 PM
Yeah, I was aware of Mikulic. I must have misread something on Roberts. But I still believe that his improvement over the Spring has really raised an eyebrow.

TexasTerror
July 6th, 2005, 02:37 PM

Mickulec is up there and rightfully so. Roberts and Garner got what they deserve, considering Roberts was hidden behind everyone last year when the Kats were loaded at WR.

TSN really only has one major writer. I-AA.org has sent some guys through Huntsville and to see Kats before at other locales. Would love to see their writers around more, but we've not been the most consistent team in the nation. I mean, we're not Montana when it comes to winning year in and year out and we're surely not TxSt-SM, losing year in and year out.

TexasTerror
July 6th, 2005, 02:38 PM
Would be more interesting to hear why you thinks it's bad, than that you do think it's bad.

Sorry, the 2nd team and HM had not been posted at that point. I was shocked to see some of the names on 1st team and then I saw the 2nd team/HM and was more relieved about it. Just didn't seem right as I felt some of the 2nd teamers should've been on first team and not seeing a 2nd team release made me question what was going on (especially with all those A10 guys).

TxState_GO_CATS!
July 6th, 2005, 05:16 PM
I mean, we're not Montana when it comes to winning year in and year out and we're surely not Texas State, losing year in and year out.

except, of course, when it comes to playing us. ;)

Josh
July 6th, 2005, 05:26 PM
Mr. C and Ralph are pretty quiet on this. They must agree totally!

Josh
July 6th, 2005, 07:23 PM
I must agree totally with what?

With the teams, you two haven't chimed in yet. You must be busy lol.

Hey when is the I-AA.org team coming out?

MR. CHICKEN
July 6th, 2005, 07:45 PM
A-10...NOW DAT'S WHAT AH'M TALKIN' 'BOUT!......GIVE IT UP LADS..."WE ARE DUH CHAMPIONS".........................CZAR'S O' DUH GPI!......&...PRE-SEASON..ALL-PLANET SQWAD!.......A-10...A-10!.......:hurray::hurray::hurray:......A-WK!

Josh
July 6th, 2005, 07:58 PM
This month. We don't want to step on Matt's toes and release them at the same time as his. There's plenty of room for all of them... Lindy's, S&S, Sports Network, I-AA.org, etc.

I was thinking around July 20th or so but was not sure! Thanks for the update my man!

Go Lehigh TU owl
July 6th, 2005, 10:52 PM
Suprised there wasn't one Patriot League player on the first team. I think they've had one representative on the list the last 4 or 5 five years.

colgate13
July 7th, 2005, 07:50 AM
Conover (Bucknell) was our best preseason shot and they gave him second team. You can't win them all I guess!