PDA

View Full Version : Farewell to the Catamount Nation from outgoing DC Shawn Quinn

catamount man
January 12th, 2016, 10:14 PM
Coach Quinn, newly hired at Tennessee Tech, posted this on the CATAMOUNT PRIDE message board. Class act coach! Good luck at Tennessee Tech. GO CATS!!!

- "I informed our team tonight at Western, at the team meeting that I was leaving to become the Assistant Head Coach and Defensive Coordinator at Tennessee Tech University. It has been an unbelievable run here for me and my family. I am extremely proud of the work our team and staff has put in to turn around Catamount football and make it relevant again. I have give my heart and soul to WCU for the last 3 years and worked with everything I had to be part of turning this program around. I believe in the mission started by Dr. Belcher, Randy Eaton and Coach Speir to make WCU a power again. In the last two seasons our team have produced 14 wins, a 10-1 home record and undefeated home record 5-0 in 2015. All the while doing it with class and integrity. Whenever you take a job I always want to leave it better than I found it. I can honestly say we have. As to why I am leaving? The reason is the opportunity to help rebuild another program and push me closer to my goal of becoming a Head Football Coach. This was not about money or our administration, they have been awesome and our committed to a winning program. How can you help put Western over the Top? Give to the Catamount club, bring a friend with you to a game, get behind the facilities getting ready to be built and most importantly KEEP BELIEVING! This is a New Era for WCU. I am excited to see what the future holds for the Cats! Thank you guys for being wonderful to me and my family during our time here. I am excited about the next chapter for my family and I. GO CATS, GO GOLDEN EAGLES! God Bless Shawn Quinn"